[PFS] [CORE] #5-04 : The Stolen Heir (Private Game) (Inactive)

Game Master Ilmakis

Koriana's Shop (current battlemap)
Koriana's Shop (current battlemap/non editable)
Consul Tercio Andares
Thalia Andares
Koriana Verdotha


1 to 50 of 227 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

The Mendevian Crusade draws heavily on the Pathfinder Society’s resources, and unless the Decemvirate can secure the assistance of generous patrons, the society may not have sufficient capital both to fight off the demonic invasion and to prepare its expedition to a lost historical site within the Worldwound. Upon hearing that the daughter of an eminent and wealthy of citizen of Sauerton has gone missing, the Pathfinders rush to her aid in the hope of earning her father’s goodwill and support in upcoming endeavors.

Grand Lodge

Halfling Warrior 4 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | CMD 16 (18 vs bull rush) | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +9 (+4 against fear) | Init +1 | Perc +6 | smite (+2 hit/ac, +1 dmg): 1/1

On the road to Sauerton you are joined by a fellow agent: a halfling wearing a thick fur-lined coat of light blue and white, as if he were ready for an expedition in the far north. Hanging from his belt is a wooden symbol recognizable as the holy symbol of Shelyn, dangling next to a small spell-component pouch. A large greataxe hangs from his back.

He introduces himself, "Hallo! My name is Lod Flaxseed, yes, a relative of the now-many famous Flaxseed Pathfinders. They encouraged me to join, although I am but of distant relation to them, for my clan hails from the Realm of the Mammoth Lords where we have eked out an existence among the tribes of the cold for many years. But I have pledged my axe to the Society and the Lady Shelyn and now I gladly join you on this current quest. Let our efforts to save this poor missing daughter be fruitful! Wesath ge hal!"

Liberty's Edge

Female Andoran Human Politician 1 | HP 10 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F+1 R+6 W+2 | Init +3 Perc +4

A pleasure to meet you, Sir Flaxseed. a slender woman of short stature speaks in a calm tone of voice. The deeds of the house Flaxseed have not gone unnoticed, which means you have quite the legacy to uphold.

She wears elegant but comfortable travel clothing, and her impeccable grooming lends her an aura of seriousness, as well as an air of comfort addressing complete strangers. This kidnapping is a matter of gravity. There is a certain sadness to the burden that comes with wealth and influence - for every hard-earned gain there seems to be a scoundrel waiting to reap it.

She pauses for a moment, then introduces herself as Anne Lumiere. I hope to make my career in the council in Augustana one day, yet I'm convinced that studying the knowledge of Golarion is an advantage - no, a requirement - to attain this goal. I had not expected to return to Andoran this quickly.

Silver Crusade

| Speed 30ft | Smite Evil: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7 |2nd: 5/6 | 3rd: 4/4 | Lay on Hands (2/4) | Claws 6/6 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | HP: 78/78 | AC: 19 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 26 | F: +13, R: +7, W: +11 | Init: +6 | Perc: +2, SM: -2

A tall, strong looking woman is among the group's members. Obviously of Mwangi origin, she often seems distracted on the journey, paying more attention to the clouds and the countryside than the road. Her deep brown eyes are flecked with gold.

Like Lōd, blue and white are common on her geometrically patterned clothing, though her loose, flowing outfit seems better suited for a more southern climate. Her hair is hidden beneath a sky-blue and gold cloth headdress, secured by a headband. A longbow and falchion are crossed on her back.

"The depths some will stoop to in pursuit of wealth are indeed tragic, though in my experience crime often has more complicated roots than petty greed or malice. We should seek to learn more about this girl and her family."

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Rogue 3 / Ranger 2 / Shadow Dancer 2| HP: 50/50 | AC: 21 Tch 16, Fl 16) | CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13/+14, SM: +5 | Active conditions: none

A dark, graceful halfling lass walks up, jingle-jangling as she moves. It is clear that she enjoys jewelry, as she is wearing many bracelets, necklaces and big hoop earings. Otherwise, her outfit is dark with bright splashes of colorful, embroidered scarves. It is... different.

"You can call me Zora, as I go strictly by that name now. Glad to meet each and every one of you! I am a girl of many talents, but to be sure, one of my favorites is to dance!" She twirls about, scarves flying every which way, and she giggles like a little girl.

"So, what grand adventure are we in for today?"


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

A few days ago in Almas

Morning light streams in through the stained glass windows of the Cathedral of Aroden in Almas, where Venture-Captain Brackett sits behind a large, antique desk replete with hair-thin lines that mar its surface like nearly healed scars.
He scans a handful of papers before speaking to you and the other assembled guests, among them the no-nonsense wizard Wystorn Telfyr and Major Colson Maldris.

Brackett turns to the four Pathfinder and says I recently received news of a kidnapping in Sauerton, up in the northern wine country.
Thalia Andares, heir to the Sauerton Red wine fortune and daughter of Consul Tercio Andares, vanished during the Silverglazer Sunday celebration and has not been seen since.

With a meaningful look, Maldris catches Brackett’s attention, and the two nod in understanding as the major talks.

Tercio Andares is powerful and widely respected; not only has he been the mayor of the large town for many years, but he is also a strong voice in the Andoren military—even for a consul.
The Sauerton Red winery has made him extremely wealthy, and his financial support could be a considerable asset to the Pathfinders’ important work in and around the Worldwound.
He seems uninterested in foreign affairs, though, perhaps because it’s politically safer to focus on domestic matters. Even so, he is known to help those who help him.

Brackett continues I appreciate the summary, major. I am convinced that the Andares’s gratitude would do much to refill our war chest for a struggle that is unlikely to end quickly.
When you track down Thalia, as I trust you will do quickly, it is important not only to the Pathfinder Society but perhaps to the whole world that you request funding for the military campaign against the Worldwound. Of course, convincing Tercio to contribute troops and military aid would be even better, but aim for finances first.

With a sigh, Major Maldris picks up his tricorne hat and prepares to depart, but before he states in a quiet voice I would stay longer, but I must make final preparations to travel.
While I hope that the Andares family agrees to help the society, I am also wary of this political practice of mutual backscratching. As all of you are in Sauerton — especially those who care for this fine country — remain vigilant for signs of short-sighted corruption and abandonment of Andoran’s founding principles: freedom and democracy. Follow what you believe to be the best course of action, as I will not be available to advise you.
Nonetheless, I would appreciate any reports of corruption after the situation is resolved.

After sharing a quick handshake with Brackett and a nod of farewell to the rest of you, he departs, closing the door behind him.

The wizard Telfyr breaks the moment of silence that follows by reporting My scrying indicates that the young Andares is being held in a building with high ceilings and once-elegant adornments in a style popular in this nation before the People’s Revolt. The structure seems to have sustained extensive fire damage which has not been repaired. Thalia is alive and unhurt, at least for now. She was reading
a fresh copy of the essays of Alysande Benedict when I saw her.

Brackett begins to bring the briefing to a close by concluding We have transportation ready to take you to Sauerton as quickly as possible. When you arrive, present this letter to Consul Andares
before you begin your investigation. It introduces you and offers the condolences and assistance of the Pathfinder Society. Not only is this proper etiquette to announce your intentions to the mayor, but Thalia vanished from the Andares manor. Someone there should be able to
make sense of Telfyr’s visions.

Telfyr frowns at Brackett’s diction. Scrying, Brackett, is diff– he tries to says before the venture-captain stops him and concedes Alright, alright, yes, scrying....
He then pushes a sealed letter across the table and adds counting on his fingers.
First Introductions.
Then rescue operation.
Then negotiation for funding and possible military support.
Make any questions quick; you’ve got a boat to catch.

What you may know about Tercio Andares

Diplomacy (Gather Information) or Knowledge (Local) DC10:
Tercio Andares is mayor of Sauerton, one of the consuls who administer Andoran’s military, and owner of the extremely successful Sauerton Red winery.

Diplomacy (Gather Information) or Knowledge (Local) DC15:
Andares has generally remained popular in Sauerton despite the town suffering from a rash of attacks by wild beasts from the Verduran Forest in recent years, as his winery employs much of the town directly or indirectly, and it is rare for any public figure to suggest Andares might be responsible for any problems.

Diplomacy (Gather Information) or Knowledge (Local) DC20:
A few unpopular individuals around Sauerton say that the Andares family is rotten, and that anyone who makes trouble for Tercio or his kin is quickly and quietly encouraged to leave town.

What you may know about Saerton
Knowledge (Geography) or Knowledge (Local) DC10:
Sauerton is infamous for its cheap and widely distributed wine, called Sauerton Red. It has become immortalized in an Andoren proverb that something of
poor quality “must be down from Sauerton.”

Knowledge (Geography) or Knowledge (Local) DC15:
Sauerton is a large town located in wine country in northeast Andoran, about equally distant from the Andoshen River, which is used to ship wine to Andoran’s
southern ports for export, and the Verduran Forest, which occupies much of the tense border with Taldor and Galt.

Knowledge (Geography) or Knowledge (Local) DC20:
Sauerton has been a site of productive vineyards for centuries, and the once-noble Andares family has been a major owner of those vineyards since long before the People’s Revolt. Although the Andares family chose to give up their noble privileges during the revolt, nearly every mayor of Sauerton in the 44 years since has been a member or close relative of the Andares family.

Knowledge (Geography) or Knowledge (Local) DC25:
The local captain of the guard Merton Demrick has publicly petitioned for more funds to hire additional guards, claiming the current numbers are too few, but he has not received enough support from Mayor Andares or the townspeople to implement the change

Knowledge (Geography) or Knowledge (Local) DC30:
A local vineyard’s villa was burned down in a then-famous fire about the time of the People’s Revolt by a spiteful noble belonging to the Sauer family. It seems likely to fit the description given by Wystorn Telfyr.

Grand Lodge

| HP: 10/10 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +2; +2 ench | Init: +6 | Perc: +7, SM: +1

Local Tercio: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Local Sauerton: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

While waiting for the venture-captain, a white-haired elf approaches Amina and whispers in her ear. The paladin makes her apologies and quickly slips out of the room.

"Guess Dreng wanted her back in Absalom. That man can be silly with his requests sometimes. Anyway, I'm Merisiel. Might have met a couple of you before, but I'm not always the best with faces.

After Brackett, Maldris, and Telfyr speak, she chimes in "Sounds like a pleasant enough trip to wine country to me. Is there anything shady you think the Andares might be involved in, or just generally being wary." If she has a chance to ask Maldris before he leaves, she'll do so. Otherwise, it'll be directed to Brackett.

Grand Lodge

Halfling Warrior 4 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | CMD 16 (18 vs bull rush) | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +9 (+4 against fear) | Init +1 | Perc +6 | smite (+2 hit/ac, +1 dmg): 1/1

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Lod nods his head at the newcomer. "Pleasure to meet you, Merisiel. On your question about the Andares: I have actually heard from a few unpopular individuals around Sauerton that the Andares family is rotten, and that anyone who makes trouble for Tercio or his kin is quickly and quietly encouraged to leave town. His winery employs much of the town directly or indirectly so he certainly has the power."

"We should also be wary around the outskirts. They've been suffering from a rash of attacks by wild beasts from the Verduran Forest in recent years. Hopefully we will make it to the town before that becomes an issue."

With that, Lod checks over his gear and declares, "I am ready for Sauerton as soon as you lot are. And I don't think we should delay too long if the girl's life is on the line."


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

Before the Major departure
Be always wary my friend, always. responds the Major to Merisiel question.

After the briefing
So no question Pathfinder ? asks Brackett

Liberty's Edge

Female Andoran Human Politician 1 | HP 10 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F+1 R+6 W+2 | Init +3 Perc +4

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
K(local): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

I have heard these rumours, Anna nods to Lod, but such is the burden of office. He seems to be well-supported by population, despite the adverse conditions he is leading in.

I agree, Venture-Captain. Too often the people's cause has been corrupted by those who would use it for their own gain, and nowhere can corruption be more damaging than in the country that has the most to lose from it.

Anna's face bleakens when the scryer gives his report Pre-revolution forces, no doubt, seeking to undo the gains we have made over the years. At least the woman seems to be unhurt - that is a relief.

I agree with Lod, there is no room for tarrying. I would ask: does Mayor Andares have any outspoken enemies?


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

Brackett answered to Anna

I think Vivianna Talwin is the only major political rival Andares has to our knowledge. He has no obvious bad blood in the business of cheap wine...except may be for some of his customer.

After a short silence he adds As Mr. Andares has publicly stated that he has not received any official demands yet it's difficult to know how could be responsible for this.

Grand Lodge

Halfling Warrior 4 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | CMD 16 (18 vs bull rush) | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +9 (+4 against fear) | Init +1 | Perc +6 | smite (+2 hit/ac, +1 dmg): 1/1

Lod nods along. "He might not be talking about demands publically but we'll see if he changes that story when we speak with him in person. I have no further questions. Thank you both for your time! We should really be going though."

Lod is ready whenever everyone else is done!

Grand Lodge

| HP: 10/10 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +2; +2 ench | Init: +6 | Perc: +7, SM: +1

"Yeah, we'd better get a move on."
Ready to go.

Liberty's Edge

Female Andoran Human Politician 1 | HP 10 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F+1 R+6 W+2 | Init +3 Perc +4

A kidnapping without demands... is highly unorthodox. We had better hurry then, because I shudder to think what the alternative to extortion might be...


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

Back to present

Your voyage up the Andoshen River is swift , and you enjoy good weather until the last hour, when a light rain begins to fall and you reach Sauerton.

The city appears mostly well maintained, and although the seasonal workers who arrived a few months earlier to help pick the grapes have since departed, several presses are still set up in the town square—the residents await the return of fairer weather so they can resume their wine production. Dozen of stately homes still stand in the town as functional reminders of a past age's nobility.

Under the light rain you begin to try to find someone able to give you the direction of the Andare's manor when you see a halfling wearing light armor and a rain-spattered helmet before he hails you.

Hello and welcome to Sauerton strangers !
I'm Captain Merton Demrick of the nation of Andorran.
What brings you in our lovely town ?

Grand Lodge

Halfling Warrior 4 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | CMD 16 (18 vs bull rush) | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +9 (+4 against fear) | Init +1 | Perc +6 | smite (+2 hit/ac, +1 dmg): 1/1

"Good day, Captain Demrick! Nice to see a fellow halfling about these parts. As it so happens, we are envoys from the Pathfinder Society sent to speak with Mr. Andares himself. He is aware that we are coming. Could you show us the way? And perhaps during the walk you can tell us about the town and what has been going on. We have only heard the news second or third hand, after all."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Liberty's Edge

Female Andoran Human Politician 1 | HP 10 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F+1 R+6 W+2 | Init +3 Perc +4

Hail Captain Demrick. As my companion said before me, we seek to visit Mayor Andares, yet we are interested to hear about Sauerton, being strangers to these parts. Does your town attract many visitors?

Dip (aid): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

Demrick smiles back to Löd and Anna Oh you want to see Mr. Mayor ? Please let me show you the way ! he answers cheerfully.
Of course it will be my pleasure to give you a tour of Sauerton, it's a so lovely place to live. he adds as he begins to pointing out different features of the town and how to uses the presses and to make wine.
After ten minutes of sightseeing under the lightly rain he says What a tragedy, yes, but Mr. Mayor prefers to deal with the situation by himself, I've proposed my services but he refuses it, what a man our Mayor. This situation gives him a huge surge in popularity. It turned what was going to be a rough election into what looks to be a landslide. Of course, his rivals in the People’s Council had been criticizing his failure to keep the countryside and town’s perimeter safe from wildlife dangers coming out from the Verduran Forest, but, you know, nobody is willing to entertain their criticism of a man whose daughter is missing.
But please, this way, it will be better once we will be out of the rain ! The Andares Manor is right here !
Thinking twice about it, it’s funny as anytime things seem to go badly for an Andares, there always seems to be a silver lining or convenient turn of events !

The Andares mansion stands at the edge of a beautiful green and has a facade dominated by fine marble pillars. The manor is tall and as imposing inside as out. The ground floor has a parlor, drawing room, grand dining room, water closet, and kitchen, and the upper level has half a dozen bedrooms, half of which are unused.

DC 15 Knowledge (engineering):
You identify the architecture as old Cherish and you remark that the many columns are a recent, largely ornamental addition.


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

Once the door belt hanged, a thin, hook-nosed woman with graying brown hair held in a tight bun—answers it.
She politely but firmly insists that the master of the house is not to be disturbed.

But Merton Demrick willingly vouches for you, and she reluctantly admits you in the manor.

Welcome to the Andares Manor Pathfinders. My master will welcome you in an instant, please sits.
While we are waiting how could I be of help ?

Silver Crusade

While the group travels to the manor, Merisiel will ask,

"Are there any rivals in particular who have been particularly troublesome for the mayor?"

And when they arrive, she'll ask the woman,

"We're hoping to assist with Thalia's disappearance. Did you know her well?"

Liberty's Edge

Female Andoran Human Politician 1 | HP 10 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F+1 R+6 W+2 | Init +3 Perc +4

Anna nods as Merisiel asks the exact question that was on her mind.

Smart woman


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

Dorabeth responds to Merisiel Nobody to the point of kidnapping young Thalia ! We are not Cheliax !

Captain Demrick The Andares family was before the adoption of the Common Rule noble, but it was decades ago and now they are strong citizens.

Looking at Merisiel Dorabeth adds May be it's the elves of Kyonin who abducted poor young Thalia ! Crossing the border to sacrifice her for their forest god !

Don't be silly Dorabeth, no Kyonin elves would do that ! Says the halfling.

Then, Dorabeth, with a conspirator tone adds Or may be a chelaxian spy kidnapped her and have hidden her body in one of the abandoned wine casks !
None of you are chelaxian right ?

They don't seems to have more to say

Grand Lodge

Halfling Warrior 4 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | CMD 16 (18 vs bull rush) | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +9 (+4 against fear) | Init +1 | Perc +6 | smite (+2 hit/ac, +1 dmg): 1/1

"Those are certainly possibilities that we will keep in consideration, my dear! Say, what can you tell us about young Thalia? May we take a look at her room, perchance? If not, then perhaps you can show us the Mayor."

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Rogue 3 / Ranger 2 / Shadow Dancer 2| HP: 50/50 | AC: 21 Tch 16, Fl 16) | CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13/+14, SM: +5 | Active conditions: none

"Chelaxian? No, I am Varisian. And not in the habit of kidnapping people in any case, but I am happy to help track down those who would."


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

When Löd asks to see the Mayor the door of the drawing room opens and Tercio Andares—a tall Taldan man who has aged gracefully with curly, graying black hair— appears, to let another man, in a blue and gray outfit, pass.

The Mayor is in a conversation with the man and says while keeping the door open for him I thank you again for your concern, cousin Sander, but the services of the Eagle Knights are not called for here. Surely you would not risk Thalia’s safety in such a bold manner.
He pauses upon noticing his new guests, greets Demrik, the captain of the guard, and with a hint of quickly suppressed exasperation asks
Please, ladies and gentleman, who are you and what honor do I own your presence in my House ?

Liberty's Edge

Female Andoran Human Politician 1 | HP 10 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F+1 R+6 W+2 | Init +3 Perc +4

Mayor Andares, it is an honour. Allow me to introduce my comrades and mysel. We represent the Open Road, and believe we may be of aid in the sad matter of your daughter's abduction. If I may be so bold, you are correct in exercising caution when it comes to military involvement, whereas our selling point is a more covert, directed approach.

Dip: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Grand Lodge

| HP: 10/10 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +2; +2 ench | Init: +6 | Perc: +7, SM: +1

Merisiel rolls her eyes silently at the remark about sacrifice, before following the others in.

"Yeah, this is a job for people like us, with skills you don't pick up in Eagle Knight camp. Leave the soldiers for the wars."
Diplomacy assist: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Oops.

Grand Lodge

Halfling Warrior 4 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | CMD 16 (18 vs bull rush) | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +9 (+4 against fear) | Init +1 | Perc +6 | smite (+2 hit/ac, +1 dmg): 1/1

Lod nods and then takes a short bow, his light-colored furs dripping a bit from the rain outside. "Hail! A pleasure to meet you, Mayor Andares. We are here to offer what help we can." Lod turns to the other man. "Although we have some interest in speaking to the Eagle Knights too to discuss a different matter, if you do not mind waiting a few moments for us to finish this first meeting."

Diplomacy aid: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

Sense Motive 1 (DC20):
You notice that covert messages being passed between Bryton and Andares: Bryton is nonverbally ensuring that Andares is all right with the unusual visitors and Andares is assuring Bryton that there’s nothing to worry about.

As the two cousins stand in front of you, you try to convince the Consul to let you help him find her daughter.

The Eagle Knight turns his gaze toward Löd and says. I will stay a few days in Sauerton in hope that my cousin come to his senses and accept my help.

Consul Antares listen to your words and after his cousins speaks he says.

It's great that the Pathfinder Society sends agents to my help, but before, do you have a letter of introduction ? I will prefer to be sure of the quality of my guests.

After you give him the letter, he reads it and once done adds. Well. Welcome to Sauerton Pathfinders. I thank you for your offer, but as I said to my own cousin earlier and to Captain Demrik, I can't have help from a third party. I have received a letter from the kidnappers threatening my daugther’s life should I help investigators...
I thank you again for your help, but can't accept it.

Sense Motive 2 (DC20):
You get a hunch that Andares knows more than he lets on.

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Rogue 3 / Ranger 2 / Shadow Dancer 2| HP: 50/50 | AC: 21 Tch 16, Fl 16) | CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13/+14, SM: +5 | Active conditions: none

Sense Motive 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Sense Motive 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

"I understand your concerns, Bryton, and we have no desire to endanger your daughter. However, I have had much experience with unsavory types before, and doing what you are told really only benefits those that are causing you grief. Let us help you, even if we must do so discretely."

Grand Lodge

Halfling Warrior 4 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | CMD 16 (18 vs bull rush) | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +9 (+4 against fear) | Init +1 | Perc +6 | smite (+2 hit/ac, +1 dmg): 1/1

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

"I see..." mumbles Lod before speaking up louder. "Well, you can't publicly endorse us, that's fine. But there's no reason we can't try to help on our own volition. That's what Pathfinders do, after all! So if you provide us with any information you might have, we can be on our way and no one needs to know that we were ever here or that we have gotten your approval in any way."

Grand Lodge

| HP: 10/10 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +2; +2 ench | Init: +6 | Perc: +7, SM: +1

SM1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
SM2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

"Huh. I guess that makes sense. Isn't really you we're helping, is it? It's her."


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

I understand that like my cousin you mean well Pathfinders.
But I can't be involved in any attempt to discover the culprits, nor can I help those you want to find them, or my dear daughter will be in danger.
I can't do that, it's to much to ask from a father...
Tercio Says as his voice starts to crack with emotion.

But he rapidily takes back control of his emotion and adds
But I can't stop you to do, what is right.

Sense Motive (DC20):
You get a hunch that Andares knows more than he lets on.

Liberty's Edge

Female Andoran Human Politician 1 | HP 10 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F+1 R+6 W+2 | Init +3 Perc +4

SM1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
SM2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
SM: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Your predicament is all too understandable. Since you have already discussed the matter with Consul Bryton here, might I suggest that you make a public point of not involving the Eagle Knights? Such a statement can be seen as sufficiently determined to draw away any attention from our involvement, which would increase our chances of success. In the meantime, any insights that would aid our efforts are welcome.

We would, of course, require a purpose of our visit here, which we have. Consul Bryton, would you have an opening in your agenda to discuss matters of a military nature?


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

Sander Bryton responds to Anna Lumiere I have taking my quarter at the Red Wine Factory Inn the time things go back to normal. We can meet there Pathfinders.

Then he turns to his cousin, Tercio Antares.

You know where to find me cousin. May Liberty guide us all.

The he leaves the place.

Liberty's Edge

Female Andoran Human Politician 1 | HP 10 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F+1 R+6 W+2 | Init +3 Perc +4

Mayor, Consul, thank you for your consideration.

Anna sees no further gain in discussing with the mayor, and does not wish to get on his bad side by pushing the issue. She fully intends to meet up with Bryton in the Red Wine Factory Inn.

Grand Lodge

Halfling Warrior 4 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | CMD 16 (18 vs bull rush) | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +9 (+4 against fear) | Init +1 | Perc +6 | smite (+2 hit/ac, +1 dmg): 1/1

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Lod frowns a bit at the Mayor's insistence. "This is your own daughter, man! I can not believe that a Mayor of your power, intellect, and skill would know nothing about the kidnappers or the situation. Surely you know something that you can tell us to help us along. And then you can deny us all you want; as Anna here has said, our 'official' business is to discuss military tactics with your cousin. But we can not stand idly by while your daughter waits in fear."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Liberty's Edge

Female Andoran Human Politician 1 | HP 10 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F+1 R+6 W+2 | Init +3 Perc +4

Aid(dip): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Lod wrote:
This is your own daughter, man!

Proper form! Proper form! How can we expect favours if we're not keeping proper form!

Anna is sensitive about these things ;-)

Anna frowns at the colloquial addressing of the Mayor, but affirms Lod's words: What Sir Flaxseed is saying, is that the veil of official business will be sufficient cover for us to conduct our search in the most expedient way possible. Hours, or minutes, can mean the difference between life or death. If not any information that you may possess, let us at least investigate the scene of the crime, so that we may gather information ourselves.


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

When the mayor looks at Lōd a flash of anger shows on his face before it vanish. With a calm tone he adds

Gentlemen and Ladies. You are welcome in my town. But as I said before, I will do nothing that could endanger my daughter. So stop supposing I know something. Even if it could be true, as I said already, I will not help you or anybody to find my daughter !

after his speech he turns to Dorabeth and says.

Please, escort our guests to the door. then he salutes you and retires in the drawing room.


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

Your characters may recall information about Sander Bryton (the Mayor's cousin)

DC10 (diplomacy or Know. Local):
Sander Bryton is a consul, one of the elected officials responsible for directing Andoran’s military.

DC15 (diplomacy or Know. Local):
Although the consul General Reginald Cormoth is the head of the Eagle Knights, Sander Bryton often assists the general directly in deciding Eagle Knight actions and policy.

DC20 (diplomacy or Know. Local):
The Bryton family—all successful military leaders going back four generations—has been prominent ever since the People’s Revolt. At no time has the elected national government not included a Bryton.

DC25 (diplomacy or Know. Local):
Immediately after Tercio Andares joined the People’s Council, Sander Bryton mysteriously reversed his position on an important trade agreement, clearing the way for the Andares family’s Sauerton Red wine to become the household name it is today throughout the Inner Sea region.


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

Once the mayor locked himself back in the drawing room, Dorabet whispers to you while taking you to the exit.

Pathfinders, it seems you mean well for poor Thalia. I'm terribly worried about her ! She's just a girl ! If I can be of any help, tell me ! I will do anything I can.

Grand Lodge

Halfling Warrior 4 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | CMD 16 (18 vs bull rush) | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +9 (+4 against fear) | Init +1 | Perc +6 | smite (+2 hit/ac, +1 dmg): 1/1

Map link didn't work for me.

GM Ilmakis wrote:

Once the mayor locked himself back in the drawing room, Dorabet whispers to you while taking you to the exit.

Pathfinders, it seems you mean well for poor Thalia. I'm terribly worried about her ! She's just a girl ! If I can be of any help, tell me ! I will do anything I can.

Lod nods. "Yes, yes, anything you can tell us about her or her habits, absolutely."

---

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

As the group walks along with Dorabet, Lod mutters, "I have more hope for our interaction with the Mayor's cousin, Sander. Sander often assists the general directly in deciding Eagle Knight actions and policy and his family is quite popular here. Such an upstanding fellow, I think it highly likely we can convince him to aid the Society's efforts at the Worldwound."

Liberty's Edge

Female Andoran Human Politician 1 | HP 10 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F+1 R+6 W+2 | Init +3 Perc +4

Diplomacy on Bryton: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

You are right, Sir Lod, Consul Bryton may be the best angle for the first part of our mission here, though that still leads this abduction to contend with.

Miss Dorabet, I'm sure you have noticed that Mayor Andares did not forbid others in his household from providing help. Is there anything you can add to the matter? After all, we are here to help Thalia. Can you tell us of her favourite pastimes? Did I understand correctly she enjoys reading?

Would I know - as an Andoran - who Alysande Benedict is, or do I need to roll/ask?


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

As an Andoran, knowing who Alysande Benedict is, is a Know. Local/History DC10 so their is no need to roll.
Alysande Benedict: A deceased Andoren revolutionary who wrote passionately in favor of peace, freedom, and justice. She is lovingly known throughout Andoran as Lady Liberty.

Dorabeth says with a smile Oh yes ! Lady Thalia, unlike her father, has always been very excited about books. Like such as those attributed to
Lady Liberty.
she stops one moment, as she's trying to remember something.
Now that you mention books, I recall having seen a fellow with a Galtan accent purchasing a book about Alysande Benedict in town. With these bloody frog eater, you never know what could happen !
Did it help ?

Grand Lodge

| HP: 10/10 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +2; +2 ench | Init: +6 | Perc: +7, SM: +1

"That's as good a place to start as any other. Let's check out some bookstores." Merisiel says, getting ready to leave.

Liberty's Edge

Female Andoran Human Politician 1 | HP 10 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F+1 R+6 W+2 | Init +3 Perc +4

Anna nods Yes, we should certainly pay the bookstore a visit. Miss Dorabet, where would this Galtan have gone for this book, could you point us to the store?

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Rogue 3 / Ranger 2 / Shadow Dancer 2| HP: 50/50 | AC: 21 Tch 16, Fl 16) | CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13/+14, SM: +5 | Active conditions: none

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

"Sorry, friends - I have been distracted. While you were talking, I was listening to some of the staff in the hall muttering to each other. It seems that immediately after Tercio Andares joined the People’s Council, Sander Bryton mysteriously reversed his position on an important trade agreement, I hear that this cleared the way for the Andares family’s Sauerton Red wine to become the household name it is today throughout the Inner Sea region. Perhaps it is nothing, but it might provide some insight here."

Also, Zora is happy to hit a bookstore next.


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

Dorabeth thinks a few second and says "La Part des Anges"*, that's the name of the bookshop.

Nothing to add or asks Dorabeth ?

* The Angel's Share

Liberty's Edge

Female Andoran Human Politician 1 | HP 10 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F+1 R+6 W+2 | Init +3 Perc +4

Leopard Design, got it.

Nothing more from me, let's head to the bookstore

Grand Lodge

Halfling Warrior 4 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | CMD 16 (18 vs bull rush) | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +9 (+4 against fear) | Init +1 | Perc +6 | smite (+2 hit/ac, +1 dmg): 1/1

"Thank you for cooperating," Lod tells her sincerely. "Time will tell if that is significant but I have a feeling that it is. Let's go to the bookstore."

1 to 50 of 227 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] #5-04 : The Stolen Heir (Private Game) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.