Mummy's Mask

Game Master Samy

GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Campaign --- Day 26 --- Google Drive Folder --- Experience --- Treasure --- Relationships --- Maps (Empty Graves)
Panic Level: 13

Party Inits:
[dice=Initiative Aleris]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Deseri]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Harmose]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Kito]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Polux]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Qari]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Ra-Khefer]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Turel]1d20+2[/dice]

[dice=Perception Aleris]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Deseri]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Perception Harmose]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Kito]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Perception Polux]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Perception Qari]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Perception Ra-Khefer]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Perception Turel]1d20+9[/dice]


3,801 to 3,850 of 5,004 << first < prev | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | next > last >>

HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

Polux slept soundly and relaxed, allowing himself to stay in bed a little longer but eventually managing to shake the laziness away.

He ambled downstairs with but his leather pants and a loose shirt, wandering over next to the others.

SM: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

"Morning people" - he greets all of them, going for a straight cup of black coffee - "Des, what's up with you? Slept ok?" - he asks without skipping a beat, noticing his companion's smile, and finding it a little... Off.


Inactive

After spending a short time simply enjoying the quiet of Harmose's company, Aleris finally drags them both out of bed. Once they've cleaned themselves up, they head downstairs to meet with the others over breakfast. "Good morning everyone," she smiles as she slips into an empty chair at the table. "Is everyone feeling better today?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

I guess not... she thinks, shooting a glance at Deseri.

"You know, we do have to finish poking around the rest of the Sanctum but maybe we don't have to do it today if anyone still needs a little more time to rest up," she offers.
___________

I normally try not to assume the actions of other PCs but in this case I figured it was a fairly safe bet that Harmose and Aleris would head down to breakfast together :)

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

If you want to take the day to rest, just let me know. Aleris is right that you are under no time pressure to finish the Sanctum today.


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari slept late the morning after the party. The pressure of the party and exhaustion of the last several days had gotten to her and the long night and morning of sleep really seemed to help. "Hey everyone," she grinned, seeing the rest of the group had already finished eating and were heading in their own directions.

"I'll be along directly. I'm going to check up on Farhaan. I haven't checked in with him in a day or three!". When she locates the man, she rushes to his side and tells him all about the recent explorations and the strange sights that were presented at that wild party he previous night.

Relationship roll 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

The next morning, she rose a bit earlier to be sure she was together with her team. At hearing that they were considering taking the day off, she didn't object. "I've not taken a really good look around town. I wonder if there are any scroll or book sellers in the area. Some window shopping might be on my agenda."


Female Thrush

Thera has always been an early riser, and this morning was no exception.

Seeing how mistress was still so soundly asleep when the sun was rising, she decided to assist. After a bit of a struggle, she managed to get Mistress's waterskin in position and then started pecking at the cork.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Relationship roll, day 12, Terhk Fourwinds: 1d20 ⇒ 16

"Aaiiii!" Kito yelps as she was suddenly awoken.

With a sigh, she examines her waterflask and determines the cork is still serviceable. Petting Thera's crown, she thanks the tiny bird for waking her. It does no good to scold. After feeding the impatient avian some treats, Kito begins getting ready for the day.

When she get downstairs, she is somewhat surprised others are already there. Maybe Thera was right to wake me.

Smiling, she goes over to the table where much of the group is sitting. "Sorry I'm so late. Do we have any plans for today?"

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

"There is nought left to do but complete our survey of the Sanctum of the Erudite Eye." Replied Ra, staring out of the window.


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6
Ra-Khefer wrote:
"There is nought left to do but complete our survey of the Sanctum of the Erudite Eye." Replied Ra, staring out of the window.

"That" - Polux agrees, munching on boiled eggs and ale, still watching Deseri.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Shooting Polux a glare and then refocusing back on her tea as the others filter down. Play nice Sand Brain... Stupid cheery people..

Feeling eyes on her Deseri glances back up then looks over a Ra, "I had completely forgotten about that. Seems the thing to do."

Relationship roll for Farhaan: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Looking back down at her empty plate and suddenly standing back up. Looking around the table for a moment before blurting out, "More fruit.. I will be back."

Snatching up her plate and quickly limping off to get to fruit. Spotting Farhaan and giving her best attempt at spontaneous conversation. Babbling at poor Farhaan for sometime.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose was feeling much better. Watching Aleris wake up was fast becoming one of his favorite things in the whole world. Coming downstairs with the group, he watches as everyone else stares at Deseri.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

He could sense nothing amiss, but he noted when Aleris reacted to cues he had missed. Drinking his morning coffee, he gave Aleris's hand a gentle squeeze. So sensitive. She sees everything.

Before he can say anything else, Des bolts off to Farhaan. Well, she can't be that badly off... She 's chirping more than Thera.

Pulling out his stationery, he jots a quick thank you to Meehr.

Note to Meehr:
The party was lovely, darling. Thanks so much for inviting all of us to attend with you. Let me know if we can chat, later. I have something serious to talk about with you... Sebti the Crocodile dropped an unwelcome and rather cryptic prediction in my lap, and I need you to help me figure out what to do about it. It's not urgent, so don't cancel your regular plans. Just fit me in where you have time.

All my love,
Harmose

____

Relationship, Meehr: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

That note done, he drafts a letter to his mother, writing at a furious pace.

Letter to Mother:

Dearest Mother,

It's been a few weeks since I last wrote you, and I realize that a letter is overdue. Yes, I am alive. Yes, Wati is lovely and I have mingled with all the 'right' people. You'll be happy to know that last night I attended a Gala with the influential Okhenti family, and made a favorable impression on many important people.

But I feel like I haven't been entirely honest with you about why I have been here in Wati. I know that you've wanted me to woo someone wealthy, and hearing that I've been the arm candy for an heiress, you've left me alone. But although I'm great friends with Meehr, she's from a dwarven clan. Believe me when I say it just wouldn't work out.

Although I have been part of Wati's glittering social scene, I have been here for another reason that has been far more important to me. I joined one of the teams exploring the Necropolis, Discoveries Unlimited. Indeed, somehow, despite my best intentions, I found myself leading it. Why, I hear you ask. Harmose, why are you risking yourself? Why are you not following the plan I laid out so carefully for you?

Mother, I need to know who I am. We never talk about what happened when I was a child, or alll the work that you and Father did to give me a second chance. We never talk about how much it changed me. However, my past is literally etched not only upon my skin but on my very soul. I am on a quest to find my purpose, and the secrets that lay within me. I can no longer pretend that I never died, or that I wasn't a monster for a few terrifying months of my childhood. Nor can I pretend that it is all behind me now.

I need this, Mother, like I need to breathe. The Necropolis calls to me like a siren, and I want to understand why. The more time I spend here, the more I have discovered my own joy in being firmly among the living. I've started studying everything: history, languages, the local culture. I feel more alive, more aligned with myself than I ever have before. I'm not merely an impoverished dandy, hanging on to the glory days. I am a scholar and a man with a purpose.

I've made some money doing this, too. I'm paying my own way now, and this excites me.

I've also discovered another reason to live. I've made deep friendships with all my teammates, and fallen in love with a beautiful girl named Aleris. She didn't come to me seeking a fortune or a title. She had no idea when she first met me that I was a Sirdar, and had no idea what a Sirdar even was. She wants to be with me merely for myself, and she brings out the best in me. She's traveled the world, but there is still a delightful innocence about her. Aleris sees the best in everyone, and she works hard to bring it out.

Mother, I keep circling around this... Keep trying to figure out some way to break this news to you. But really, there is no way. I cannot imagine spending my life with anyone but her, and I recently asked her to marry me. I know that this letter will cause you and Father to drop everything and come to Wati in full state to see if you can save your son from the peril of a foolish match. You're welcome to come. I want you to meet my fiancee and have a chance to decide her merits for yourselves. I hope that we can eventually win your blessing, but I have charted my course, and I will not be swayed from it.

I hope that this letter finds you and Father well. Know that I love you both dearly, even when I choose not to follow in your footsteps.

Your loving son,
Harmose

___

The missives done, he mails them and then returns to the group.

"Everyone, can I talk to you about something important?" He waits until all are seated, and all eyes are on him. "Sebti the Crocodile, when she removed my curse, told me a rather terrifying little story. She told me that Sethotep, the necromancer who murdered me, was in my past... and my future. I don't know what this means. I don't know if she was prophesying something for years in the future, or next week. All I know is... She scared the crap out of me."

___
Curious players may of course read Harmose's private missives.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Well, if this Sethotep is in your future perhaps you should learn more of his past?" Kito suggests, feeding the seeds from her fruit to Thera as she eats. "If you are to meet him, wouldn't it be best to prepare for said meeting?"

Curious that Sebti would interfere. Is it simply that this Sethotep is an enemy of the church, or is there something more?


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel nods in agreement with Kito. "A wise course to follow my brother. Our future is inextricably linked to our past so too is yours."

Plus, it does shed some light on Sebti's answers here...

Seeing Deseri amble off he instead turns his attention to Ra-Khefer's pronouncement. "It would be wise to determine what else the Scorched Hand encountered whilst in the Sanctum. Their motives were not pure and I do not trust them. I will visit Bal Themm to inform her we plan on returning to the Sanctum once we are prepared."


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

"I'm not following Harmose" - Polux shrugs at his companion - "How so, he told you 'Sethotep is in your future'? He had a premonition? A dream? He saw it in fish guts?" - the pragmatic man questions, downing the remains of his breakfast ale.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"She... Sebti the Crocodile is a 'she'. Perhaps you recall her? Dark hair, cunning expression, blue lips? She did not tell me how she knew. Perhaps she did a divinination? She certainly did her research on ME. She knows about what happened to me, back in Ipeq. Knows that I died. Knows that I became, however briefly, an abomination that the church wanted destroyed."

Harmose's brown eyes meet Polux's. "She said she was going to base her judgment of me on my actions, rather than my past. But her bringing all this up... It was a warning. She gave me no more details. It was... infuriating."

Harmose gets up, paces. "I kind of lost my temper at her. When she swept out of the room, I cast a message on her so that I could rant at her for a few more minutes for dumping this vision on me with no further information." He puts his hands through his hair. "Not my usual diplomatic self, but she provoked me to no end. I don't know whether this was all a show, based on the research of her spies, or a true prophecy. All I know is... I'm terrified. I will NEVER be Sethotep's toy again! NEVER!"

Harmose's hands shake. With a visible effort, he stills them, clenching and unclenching his fists. "Yes, let's go back to the Sanctum. Maybe we can find some undead there that I can beat the crap out of."


4 people marked this as a favorite.
HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

"Nope, 'she' hasn't struck me as relevant in the least to be honest Harmose" - Polux chuckles - "As it may be obvious from the fact I didn't remember her gender" - and shrugs.

"Look, you are a friend and a companion, and I wouldn't even break a sweat while slapping her around for some decent answers - just say the word and it will be" - he stares back at Harmose now, dead serious - "It is irrelevant what you were for a brief moment in your past - it is relevant what you are now. And if there is some sort of underlying threat from her, spilling her guts about it to the church, please tell me you told her to get bent, and stick her head where the sun doesn't shine, and no visitors have been allowed in years" - his tone rises slightly, and his fists ball up.

"A warning?! Who the hell does she think she is?! Let her run and scream it to the four winds!! She is going to 'base her judgment'..?! Why on earth do we care about her judgment?!" - he moves to Harmose, and grabs him by his shoulders - "You realize what you have here right?" - he looks at the gathered group - "You realize MOST people here look up to you, right?" - and offers him a wink - "Most, not all... But all call you friend most definitely. Maybe it was because I lived in some of the worst places I can imagine, or at least they looked like it to a five year old child, but having friends makes the rest irrelevant - who you were, Sebti and her ilk's agenda and judgment" - he stops short - "Heck, I want to see Sethotep pulling your strings with broken fingers!" - he finishes, grabbing Harmose's hands with a tight grip.


Inactive

Aleris' jaw drops at Polux's ranting. Even though she'd only known the man for a short time, this sort of thing was definitely a surprise coming from him. He was usually so calm and laid-back...probably more than anyone she'd ever met, including Harmose himself. But surprise or not, she couldn't help but finding herself nodding in agreement with his words.

"I think...I think Polux has a good point," she ventures tentatively. "And it's one for me to remember, too. Last night I overheard Sebti and Nahkt Shepses talking. About you, Harmose - or at least partly." She shifts guiltily. "I only caught bits and pieces but they were talking about 'contacts', someone planning something, and how Sebti did what she had to do. It was all really tense between the two of them."

"At first I was really worried about it, but Kito helped me take my mind off of things and not worry so much," she smiles. "But that doesn't mean that I don't think it's important - I do, especially after what you've just told us! We can keep our eyes open for trouble. I just don't think we should let it keep us from doing what we've set out to do...that's all."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel listens to the outburst from Polux with his characteristic silence. Only his eyes betray his emotion. "While you see provocation...", he glances over to Polux, "...or a warning", here his gaze shifts to Harmose, "I see a...TEST! One thing I know of Sebti is she is not petty. Everything she says and does is with purpose. A SERIOUS purpose. Why did she not imprison or destroy you," he points a finger at Harmose. "Do you not find it unusual the Church has decreed we explore the Sanctum...and no other. Why is that? Why has the Church taken such an interest in our band? To assign her motives to such petty...such MORTAL concerns is unwise!"

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1
Harmose wrote:
"Sebti the Crocodile, when she removed my curse, told me a rather terrifying little story. She told me that Sethotep, the necromancer who murdered me, was in my past... and my future. I don't know what this means."

Ra turned in surprise.

"Did she indeed? Seems a bit... nebulous don't you think? A friendly warning, or intimidation? I wonder..." Ra said, speculating aloud.
He shook his head.
"Well, there is little to do but keep an eye out for a personal attack on you. Perhaps arrange for some kind of countermagic against the Necromancer in question.
"Unless you wish to preemptively attack him, which is another question entirely."

Aleris wrote:

"Last night I overheard Sebti and Nahkt Shepses talking. About you, Harmose - or at least partly."

"...they were talking about 'contacts', someone planning something, and how Sebti did what she had to do. It was all really tense between the two of them."

Ra sighed and rubbed his forehead as if in pain.

"This feels more and more like the capital, Sothis, again. A nest of two headed snakes, the lot of them. I say we go exploring the Sanctum as scheduled; it will feel like a nice vacation by comparison."

Turel wrote:
"Do you not find it unusual the Church has decreed we explore the Sanctum...and no other. Why is that? Why has the Church taken such an interest in our band?"

"Weren't we chosen by lottery? Despite the interference by the Chelaxian woman, I really don't see any other motivation."


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Slowly walking back to the table and starting to eat her fruit. Grinning when Harmose seems to take all the attention for himself. Such a good man. I will have to than.. What" The slice of fruit dangles in her hand just before her mouth as Harmose talks more.

Looking around at who ever is talking with a frown that shifts to a grin at Polux's tangent. "Harmose please know that Polux is right. You are a good man and that priestess is an ass. The ony judgment that matters is that of the Gods and those few mortals you decide matter enough."Seeming to realize the fruit is still in her hand she drops it back on her plate and offers Harmose a quick smile.

With that said Deseri shifts her gaze to Turel. Her smile gone again, "No mortal is without moments of 'pettiness'." Crossing her arms and leaning back in her chair, "As I understand it the lottery is random and the only ones who picked us for these spots are the Gods. The things that have happened are why the church has taken and interest. We are after all an interesting group."


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

"I Certainly didn't expect to get caught up in all this political and religious back and forth when I signed up for the lottery. I was just looking for more information about s self, and now I'm not sure who in this town is for us or against us."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

So much drama, worrying about what someone else thinks. Really, I'm surprised by some of the reactions. Sebti is a priestess of Pharasma, really why all the suspicion?

Kito listens silently as the group speculates on motives. Finally, at Qari's statement she softly says "I am on your side, Qari." So many of them are outsiders, it is about time to remind them that some of us actually grew up here.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose registers Polux's tight grip on his hands, and then breaks down, sobbing. He falls into the embrace of his comrades. "Yes, I realize what I have here! I do. When I was bleeding out in the sanctum, I realized that I had something to live for. I have a wonderful second family of friends. I have all of you."

His body still shaking with emotion, he slowly pulls himself back together, wiping his eyes on his sleeve. "So... Provocation, warning or test, we are the subject of Sebti's interest. It does not surprise me that she and Nakht Shepses talked about me. I was rather vocal at her only hours before." He pauses. "Though I'd dearly love to know what Sebti is up to, in the end you're right, Ra. Let's go to the Sanctum. Complete our investigations as planned. Do our work, and see if any plans come to us while we're alone together."

He pauses to fiercely hug each and every member of his team, even the aloof and practical Kito. "Are we ready to go exploring, or is there anything any of you need to do first? Speak up now if there is."


Inactive

"I'm ready to go now, if everyone else is," Aleris smiles gently. "Let's finish what we started, okay? I'm sure everything else will fall into place."


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

"Yeah let's just get going" - Polux nods at Aleris with one last look at Harmose - "I'll just get my stuff from the room" - he adds moving upstairs.

----

"And you did not answer me" - he adds to Deseri in a whispered tone as he passes her by.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

You make your way back to the Sanctum of the Erudite Eye. It's still morningtime before noon so the Necropolis is well lit and quiet. There are no encounters on the way to the Sanctum. Is there anything you wanted a second look at on the first floor of the Sanctum, or do you want to go directly back to the underground area?


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose would want to do a full walk through the first floor to see if there was anything we missed, and to make certain we have no more unwelcome visitors waiting to ambush us. May we take ten and fast track this, though?

"Alright people, we were rushed going through here. Let's be more thorough and catalog everything." He glances at Polux and Turel. "I want to make certain the Scorched Hand left us no unpleasant surprises."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Nodding, Kito brings up her protective enchantment and says "We were quite rushed yesterday."

Cast Mage Armor. Now to go back and reread everything we went through to find out what to explore in more detail.


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]
Ra-Khefer wrote:

"Weren't we chosen by lottery? Despite the interference by the Chelaxian woman, I really don't see any other motivation."

Turel shakes his head in disagreement. "That is not correct. The priestesses themselves informed us we were fated to explore the Sanctum and no others. When I learned of this I was deeply troubled, and I still am my friend."

Turel is perfectly happy taking our time here searching the first level again. Taking 10 here would speed things up I think.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

You can of course Take 10 on your Perception checks as you go from room to room. Is the highest Perception Polux's +10? That will cover everything up to Perception DC 20 then. I will assume you Take 10 Perception in each room. I won't assume any other skill use unless you tell me to, though.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Remember that Turel's is higher when it comes to traps.


Inactive

"Right, I think we found everything there was to find on this level but giving everything another good, long look can't hurt," Aleris agrees once they arrive back at the Sanctum.
_____________

Taking 10 on Perceptions sounds fine to me, or even 20 if we really want to. Aleris probably won't be much help with other skills aside from Kn. Religion since she doesn't really know much about the history of Osirion.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Ra created fast floorplan sketches on engineering paper, marking items and areas of interest.
Knowledge:Engineering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Raising an eyebrow at Polux's comment but leaving it alone for now. Stiffly affecting the hug from Harmose while glancing over at Aleris afterwards.

Quietly follow after the others back to the Sanctum. Stomach knotting up tighter and tighter the closer they get. Mumbling, "Makes sense to give it a through once over."


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

I'm good with the Taking 10 approach - would be more thorough, but I guess this is better for the sake of expedience.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

In most rooms you find nothing new you hadn't noted before, but in D9, the library, Perception DC 15 finds an unrolled papyrus scroll discarded on the floor that describes the concept of an ahkhat, a "building elemental" of sorts. You may have picked this up on the previous day, I have vague recollections that you may have. It describes, in Ancient Osiriani, the idea of the ahkhat and the concept of it having a "keystone" somewhere in the building.

Furthermore, in the library, and this one I'm pretty sure you missed on the first go around -- there's something in the hole in the wall that the animated scroll came out of.

The Half-Dead City, p.43 wrote:
Once the guardian scroll is defeated, the PCs can inspect the space behind the secret panel, which holds a tablet of languages lost (Spellcraft DC 18 to identify properties) and three scroll tubes containing a scroll of align weapon, a scroll of halt undead, a scroll of knock, and a wand of lesser restoration (10 charges), respectively. Along with these items is a second stone tablet written in Ancient Osiriani hieroglyphs.

Spellcraft DC 18 on tablet of languages lost:

Ancient Osiriani on second tablet:
If read or deciphered, it is revealed to be a royal decree of Pharaoh Djederet II with this text (click).


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito gets really excited when the tablet is found.

"It is a royal decree!"

As she continues to read it, the bright smile turns into a look of concern. "Oh...it seems something horrible is hidden here. We need to be careful looking around that we don't disturb any protective wards."

I wonder what they did that would qualify as a scandal and abomination?


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel nods excitedly as Kito explains the properties of the Tablet. "This is a priceless find! Now I can use it to unlock the mysteries of the Ancient Osirians!" On hearing of the existence of the relic mentioned in the decree, his look grows more clouded. "When we searched the members of the Scorched Hand, we did not find any such relic. I can only hope they did not discover it."


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Shaking her head, Kito says "Unlikely. They may have been searching for it, but I don't think they found it."

She then carefully goes over the tablet again and translates it so everyone knows what it says.

Spellcraft: 10 + 11 = 21

She then checks the other tablet they found and smiles. "This is interesting both for the content and as a way to decipher other languages! It is from the interegnum, where the pharaoh vowed fealty to the Padishah Emperor of Kelish."

She spends a few minutes going over it. Nodding her head, she says "Yes, it has the same text in three different languages!"

Feel free to look under both spoilers.


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari thinks over the finds. "I suppose the relic was probably why the Hand was so interested in this place. I agree it seems doubtful thy found it. There's no telling what might be left in this sanctum! Very exciting!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Inactive

"I think Qari's right, if the Scorched Hand knew there was something hidden here then that might explain why they were so intent on searching this place."

She pauses.

"Well, besides Velriana being a crazy, fanatical witch."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito clears her throat and looks pointedly at Aleris. "A what, Aleris?" Really! Why do people have such a problem with the form of magic I use?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Inactive

"Er...sorry Kito, nothing personal..." Aleris mumbles, having the decency to look embarrassed. "I just meant that she's really crazy and uh...happens to use magic and I think I'm going to stop talking now..."


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito smiles. "Apology accepted."

Pausing only a moment, she then cheerfully asks "So, do we check for more clues here? Or do we look for something that might be the keystone?"


Inactive

"I think we sorta already took care of that, remember?" Aleris says, relieved to be able to move on from her faux pas. "Hopefully the ahkhat won't be able to regenerate over time...if it can, then finding the keystone might not be a bad idea."


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"The ahkhat is the keystone? Are you sure?" Kito asks. "I certainly hope that isn't the case, since we destroyed it. If it was the keystone, then wouldn't whatever they were hiding be released?"


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

"Or the relic it was guarding! Perhaps the ahkhat was created to guard the relic!" Turel nods excitedly. "The keystone must be near where the relic is stored!"


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

"I would be inclined to agree with that one Turel" - Polux nods.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito gets a thoughtful look on her face. "Measuring nearby can be a strange thing when it comes to magic. Sometimes it is a linear distance, other times it would just require a connection. I would guess anything directly connected to the building would be near for this -- even if that connection is to a different plane."

"Assuming that the Scortched Hand knew something, we may want to do a very thorough search of the area we encountered them in."


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose knows that a good leader has to listen to his team, and so he's spent the time quietly taking notes. "Alright, let's go over the area where we caught the Hand... Slowly."

We're going to take 20 to search it, and Harmose will be detecting magic the entire time.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

"I agree with Kito. It could be anywhere in the building."

3,801 to 3,850 of 5,004 << first < prev | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.