GM Spiderbeard's One Shot RPG Tour

Game Master Barvo Delancy

Deadlands: Reloaded
Welcome to Coffin Rock

Maps and Images


851 to 900 of 929 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

.

Sorry guys, misreading on my part because for some reason I thought you weren't removing the ask and instead just asking him questions for some insane reason.

You pull off the mask and fresh blood pours out. One of this poor bastard's eyes has been completely gouged out by a knife while the other may still be recovered. His mouth is a wreck from a knife and possibly a pair of pliers and other signs of torture cover his body.

He may, however, survive although he's in a very, very bad way. Stuthman gets to work trying to staunch the bleeding as the man babbles that he was just drinking his sorrows at the bar when the deputies grabbed him for no reason he can gather. He appears to have just been a random victim.

At the end of it he's covered in bandages but with some bedrest and no more torture, he'll survive but short an eye.

Caroline continues pouring through the documents and lo and behold she finds a lot of property deeds - including the one for the Crooked Earth Mine. It looks like all of Daly's holdings somehow found themselves in the possession of Marshall Bryce. Within these deeds you also find plots in the name of one Eustace Pearl - presumably Shelley Pearl's father.

Bryce was borderline illiterate but did try to keep some notes of events. One of them details a meeting with Brother Cheval, and how Bryce and the men went to lay down the law. You see "break like a mule" crossed out and one last scribbled note. "Shevle takes town iem a rich man".


Male Human Novice Huckster | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 4 | Toughness 5 | Shoot d10 | Grit X | Fate Chips - [1] red, | Edges: AB Magic, Ambidextrous, Quick Draw, Two-Fisted | Hindrances: Vow, Ugly, Mean

Predictably, Il Brutto has taken no interest in helping with the poor wretch, quickly losing interest after the man is revealed to be no one of importance to him. After ensuring he has more than enough shotgun shells loaded in his bandoleer and an equally large number of bullets in the belt of his new .44, the huckster steams off the rest of his anger as he checks through the windows for danger.

Notice: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Ace!: 1d6 ⇒ 4

"Whole town gone crazy," he mutters after awhile. "Bad place... bad place." He talks over his shoulder at Stuthman. "You think there's really a big cat chained somewhere un'ner the ground? Mud-men, they real. Can't see why big cat-ghost can't be."


Male Human Novice Blessed | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 2 | Toughness 4 | Shoot d8, 2d8 | Grit 1 | Fate Chips: White*2, Red*1 | Edges: Miracles, Steady Hands, Healer | Hindrances: Bad Dreams, Ailin', Hesitant

Stuthman finishes wrapping the man with crude bandages and lays a comforting hand on the man's shoulder:

Healing
Faith: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 3

"You'l*leh-hehechh* be f-fine *huh* now."

Turning to Joaquin: "I think we ne*ee-hehehuh*ed to find him, quickly."


Female Human Journalist | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 4 | Toughness 5 | Grit 1 | Fate Chips: |Edges: Brave, Charismatic| |Hindrances: Curious (major), Pacifist (minor), Phobia - Rats (minor)

Caroline clears her throat, shuffling the papers into a manageable stack.

"Well, we can rule out Bryce being the mastermind of all this - or a secret poet, for that matter." She taps the sheaf of papers against the edge of the desk.

"If I'm deciphering his scribbles correctly, he went to go throw his weight around with Cheval and ended up working for him to line his own pockets. Any bets as to whether we'll find Cheval lurking around the mine?"

She tilts her head back, leaning against the edge of the desk. "Oh, and the deeds are here, too - Daly's and Pearl's. I expect that will make her a bit more willing to help, hm?"

Pushing off of the desk, she heaves a tired sigh. "So. Shall we?"


.

It's now well into the night and Coffin Rock is chaos. You have a few options in terms of heading back out of town for the mine, or investigating a few happenings. The people hammering on the assay office, or the fact that someone appears to have been dragged from the tavern towards the theatre with ill intent.


Male Human Novice Huckster | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 4 | Toughness 5 | Shoot d10 | Grit X | Fate Chips - [1] red, | Edges: AB Magic, Ambidextrous, Quick Draw, Two-Fisted | Hindrances: Vow, Ugly, Mean

Joaquin continues to look out the window as he speaks, his large head stopped under the massive gold star hanging in it.

"Don't care about them," he says with a dark honesty. "They like this 'cause of Chee-vall, Joaquin reckons. They, ahh..." He searches for a phrase, snapping his greasy fingers as he does, and fails. He shrugs instead. "This padre, he causes this, eh? Ehh. Go to the mine, shoot him in the face, mebbe it stop." He pauses only briefly. "Mebbe Senor Stuthman and Senorita Caldwell end up freeing the ghost-cat."

Il Brutto does not add to that statement, leaving what he perhaps sees as his own future left unsaid. Throwing open the door, he touches Bryce's now-pinned marshal badge under his poncho and looks for the man's horse, thinking on some level that if he has to ride alone down that road later, he may as well do so now too.

**

I'm stealing a horse in the midst of the chaos - preferably Bryce's, but any good horse will do.


Male Human Novice Blessed | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 2 | Toughness 4 | Shoot d8, 2d8 | Grit 1 | Fate Chips: White*2, Red*1 | Edges: Miracles, Steady Hands, Healer | Hindrances: Bad Dreams, Ailin', Hesitant

Mr. Stuthman looks from one face to the other: "So... *hehmm* to Pearl's camp? Or... *ku-hehhhnnhh* sleep in town first?"

It sounds like we're heading out of town, and that's fine - Stuthman's just indecisive


Female Human Journalist | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 4 | Toughness 5 | Grit 1 | Fate Chips: |Edges: Brave, Charismatic| |Hindrances: Curious (major), Pacifist (minor), Phobia - Rats (minor)

Caroline frowns pensively, glancing towards the window. "...I hate leaving them like this. But treating the symptoms does nothing if the disease isn't dealt with."

Gathering the papers, she adds, "I also don't relish the prospect of wandering around in the dark, but I'm not certain that staying here until morning seems much safer, under the circumstances."


.

Mine or Pearl?


Male Human Novice Huckster | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 4 | Toughness 5 | Shoot d10 | Grit X | Fate Chips - [1] red, | Edges: AB Magic, Ambidextrous, Quick Draw, Two-Fisted | Hindrances: Vow, Ugly, Mean

Brutto assumes they're going to the mine right now, after he steals a horse.


Female Human Journalist | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 4 | Toughness 5 | Grit 1 | Fate Chips: |Edges: Brave, Charismatic| |Hindrances: Curious (major), Pacifist (minor), Phobia - Rats (minor)

Caroline's plan was to go to Pearl first, both to potentially get backup and to avoid confronting scary stuff in the dark if possible.


.

Stuthman? lol, I'm happy to push but just gotta know where.


Male Human Novice Blessed | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 2 | Toughness 4 | Shoot d8, 2d8 | Grit 1 | Fate Chips: White*2, Red*1 | Edges: Miracles, Steady Hands, Healer | Hindrances: Bad Dreams, Ailin', Hesitant

Lol - well, I think Stuthman would hesitate just long enough to drive everyone a bit crazy before suggesting that they get some rest before taking on the unknown dangers of the mines. Especially since Joaquin still has a level of fatigue (I think?). So, to Pearl's camp! (assuming this is a democratic decision and Il Brutto doesn't just bully us into doing what he wants)


.

After a bit of internal discussion, you turn tail on the s%%$hole that's gone to s+*+ and head back out from whence you came. There's allies in those hills, and you have Pearl's deed. Surely the gal will help you out in your assault on the mine and Brother Cheval so you can put an end to that. The poor bastard Bryce was torturing is left to recuperate and hopefully avoid the chaos in the town.

Stealing a horse is easy considering the sheriff and deputies are all dead or fled. Bryce was a big bastard, and his large grumpy horse is just as suited for another big bastard. Soon all three of you are ahorse and heading out into the black, black night. Navigating through the hills is probably going to be a trick by starlight.

I'm going to want some smarts rolls by the group or some clever means of navigation so you know where the hell you're going.


Male Human Novice Blessed | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 2 | Toughness 4 | Shoot d8, 2d8 | Grit 1 | Fate Chips: White*2, Red*1 | Edges: Miracles, Steady Hands, Healer | Hindrances: Bad Dreams, Ailin', Hesitant

Smarts: 1d8 ⇒ 3
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Mr. Stuthman pulls up alongside Caroline and Joaquin: "Wait - is this the right way? I thought maybe a left past this hill... er - I'm not sure?"


Male Human Novice Huckster | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 4 | Toughness 5 | Shoot d10 | Grit X | Fate Chips - [1] red, | Edges: AB Magic, Ambidextrous, Quick Draw, Two-Fisted | Hindrances: Vow, Ugly, Mean

Smarts: 1d8 ⇒ 1
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 1

The big huckster sneers. "FOOL! We go THIS WAY!"

Il Brutto charges his horse ahead, racing in completely the wrong direction.


Male Human Novice Blessed | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 2 | Toughness 4 | Shoot d8, 2d8 | Grit 1 | Fate Chips: White*2, Red*1 | Edges: Miracles, Steady Hands, Healer | Hindrances: Bad Dreams, Ailin', Hesitant

Looking wryly at Caroline: "*aheheuh* I knew he'd get us all killed one day. *hkkrkk* ... might as well be today..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Journalist | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 4 | Toughness 5 | Grit 1 | Fate Chips: |Edges: Brave, Charismatic| |Hindrances: Curious (major), Pacifist (minor), Phobia - Rats (minor)

Smarts: 1d8 ⇒ 4
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Really covering ourselves in glory here.

Caroline stares blankly at the retreating form of Il Brutto. After several seconds, she turns and stares flatly at Stuthman instead.

After an even longer pause, she asks, "Do you think we should go after him?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Novice Blessed | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 2 | Toughness 4 | Shoot d8, 2d8 | Grit 1 | Fate Chips: White*2, Red*1 | Edges: Miracles, Steady Hands, Healer | Hindrances: Bad Dreams, Ailin', Hesitant

Not meeting Caroline's eyes, Mr. Stuthman shrugs resignedly: "He'd come for us."

And, with that, Stuthman clicks his tongue and urges his horse to follow in Joaquin's wake. He moves slowly, however, fully expecting to find the ugly man on the ground next to a lame horse.

Also, it's dark and we don't know where he's going, other than 'that way'.


Male Human Novice Huckster | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 4 | Toughness 5 | Shoot d10 | Grit X | Fate Chips - [1] red, | Edges: AB Magic, Ambidextrous, Quick Draw, Two-Fisted | Hindrances: Vow, Ugly, Mean

Yeah, let me know what the extent of my snake-eyes roll is, Spiderbeard. I was being funny, but fully expect he smashes his head on a store shingle or something.


.

Appreciate yuou leaning into the crit fail. <3

Caroline manages to pick out the north star and realizes the direction she should be traveling. But it takes a bit and the grotesque madman she's chosen to keep company with has his own opinions.

Il Brutto's horse charges wildly ahead at the big man's urging, and this proves to be a disaster. With a 'YAWP' he suddenly plummets out of sight. What looked like a path turned out to be a terminus, and both Joaquin and his horse head straight down an embankment. He is sent flying and tumbles down for a short distance while the horse screams bloody murder as it rolls.

With a groan, Joaquin lies spread-eagled and looks up at the stars. He's still alive, that's good. The horse is unfortuantely alive because the darned thing won't shut up. Probably in a bad state.

However, one noise sets Joaquin's hair on end. In the darkness, shadowed by the spiky skeletons of douglas fir, bodies begin moving. And they come for Il Brutto.

muhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Initiative:

Caroline AC
Stuthman 9H / AD
Il Brutto 8S
Zombies QC

Round One:

Caroline
---
Zombies
---
Stuthman
Il Brutto

Caroline and Suthman are both horsed, and at the edge of a short embankment. A Riding skill check can be used to navigate the embankment, or you can dismount and spend your turn getting to the bottom. It is DARK. Targets are not clearly visible beyond 10'.

Caroline is up!


Female Human Journalist | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 4 | Toughness 5 | Grit 1 | Fate Chips: |Edges: Brave, Charismatic| |Hindrances: Curious (major), Pacifist (minor), Phobia - Rats (minor)

"Ramirez!" Caroline shouts. [b]"Are you all right down there?"

Wary of trying to navigate the terrain on horseback, she dismounts, taking her shotgun with her and grabbing a lantern from where it dangles beside the saddlebags. She reaches into the saddlebags, trying to retrieve a match.

If she can light the lantern this round, she does so; otherwise, she searches for the match and attempts to light it next round.


Male Human Novice Huckster | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 4 | Toughness 5 | Shoot d10 | Grit X | Fate Chips - [1] red, | Edges: AB Magic, Ambidextrous, Quick Draw, Two-Fisted | Hindrances: Vow, Ugly, Mean

"The dark padre, he moved the whole trail!" Joaquin barks back, sitting up and rubbing his neck. "Put a cliff here instead! Powerful magic. Powwwwwerful magic. Joaquin, he will shoot him in the f --"

Noting the undead, he scrambles to his feet. "It is okay though! Il Brutto, he finds some other dead things to kill!"

How many are there?


.

@Caroline sure. @Il Brutto - there's three.

Caroline strikes a match and gets her lamp going. The light makes things a lot easier, although not ideal. Il Brutto is still around twenty feet away from the group and just at the edge of the light. In the edge of the light, he sees the broken corpses shambling towards him. They take their sweet time gettin' close and show up at the edge of Caroline's light. The corpses are dressed like miners and seem kind of fresh, 'cept for the fact they've been half-blasted and burned away.

Il Brutto and Stuthman are up!

Btw it will take an entire turn to get down the slope, but you can move and attack if you horse it.


Male Human Novice Blessed | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 2 | Toughness 4 | Shoot d8, 2d8 | Grit 1 | Fate Chips: White*2, Red*1 | Edges: Miracles, Steady Hands, Healer | Hindrances: Bad Dreams, Ailin', Hesitant

Fear strikes deeply at Stuthman: fear for his companion, fear of the creatures below, fear of what it might mean if he does not act.

Urging his horse forward, Mr. Stuthman descends the embankment:

Riding: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1
Wild: 1d6 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3

Burning a Red Fate chip because Stuthman really wants to get down there.

Red Fate: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Total Riding Check: 3 + 3 = 6

"Joaquin! Get up, you bastard - the dead have come for you!"

If he can see Joaquin, Stuthman will move next to him; if not, he'll just head toward the corpses - either way, he'll take a shot at the nearest zombie.

Shooting: 1d8 ⇒ 5
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Damage (AP2): 2d8 ⇒ (3, 7) = 10


Male Human Novice Huckster | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 4 | Toughness 5 | Shoot d10 | Grit X | Fate Chips - [1] red, | Edges: AB Magic, Ambidextrous, Quick Draw, Two-Fisted | Hindrances: Vow, Ugly, Mean
Stuthman wrote:
"Joaquin! Get up, you bastard - the dead have come for you!"

"NO!", Ramirez shoots back, hands moving like lightning to his weapons. His answer is droll and predictable. "JOAQUIN, HE COMES FOR THE DEAD!"

The lout steps forward, both weapons out and eyes suddenly focused, shooting before him.

Two-Fisted, Quickdraw, Ambidextrous.

Shotgun: 1d10 ⇒ 3
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Swing and a miss... but saving my Bennies, I think. Unless there's a bonus for point blank...?

Shotgun: 1d10 ⇒ 4
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Ace: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Damage (w/Raise): 4d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 2, 5) = 16


.

Not while it's that dark. You're just at the edge of Caroline's light so subject to some penalties.

With Caroline's lamp at a distance, the darkness level is now 'dim'. So you have a -1 to attack rolls.

Stuthman is a g&# d$&n sight as he charges down the hillside towards the walkin' dead, his rifle blaring as he open up a hole in one of them. It keeps on crawling for Joaquin.

Joaquin himself is a creature of nothing but rage and envy, and thankfully he has a target. One shot goes wild, but the second one does not. The head of a corpse explodes like a tomate, sending one back to the grave fer good.

Intiative:

AC, AD, 9H, 8S, Qc

Caroline 7S
Stuthman Ks / 9C
Il Brutto 7H
Zombies 7D

Everyone is up! Two zombies remain in melee with Joaquin. One is shaken.


Male Human Novice Huckster | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 4 | Toughness 5 | Shoot d10 | Grit X | Fate Chips - [1] red, | Edges: AB Magic, Ambidextrous, Quick Draw, Two-Fisted | Hindrances: Vow, Ugly, Mean

Big as he is, Il Brutto isn't much for fisticuffs. His weapons away, he produces his cards and shows one to the zombies with an extended arm.

Spellcasting: Armour: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Ace: 1d6 ⇒ 1

No Raise, so just +2 to Toughness.


Male Human Novice Blessed | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 2 | Toughness 4 | Shoot d8, 2d8 | Grit 1 | Fate Chips: White*2, Red*1 | Edges: Miracles, Steady Hands, Healer | Hindrances: Bad Dreams, Ailin', Hesitant

I dunno if Stuthman can ride closer, shoot, and then ride out of melee range? Steady Hands means he can shoot from horseback without penalty, but I'm not sure if you can split up your movement like that...

Gulping furiously in an attempt to stave off both a coughing fit and hyperventilation, Stuthman rides past, firing his shotgun at another zombie:

Shooting: 1d8 ⇒ 7
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Damage (AP2): 2d8 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6


.

Il Brutto's card seems to slow the zombies as they just stare at the card curiously, meanwhile Stuthman's shotgun roars, blasting another hole in a zombie but not slowing it any.

Caroline is up!


Female Human Journalist | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 4 | Toughness 5 | Grit 1 | Fate Chips: |Edges: Brave, Charismatic| |Hindrances: Curious (major), Pacifist (minor), Phobia - Rats (minor)

”Oh for- just leave them! Get up here!” Caroline shouts. Nonetheless, she sets the lantern down as close to the lip of the ledge as she dares, taking hold of her shotgun and assuming a shooting stance.


.

GM Rolls:

Fighting: 1d6 ⇒ 41d6 ⇒ 2
Damage: 1d6 + 1d4 ⇒ (1) + (1) = 2

Stuthman blasts another dead bastard, but the bullet doesn't slow it one bit, meanwhile Joaquin flips out a card for some reason, but there's a certain power in the gesture, and the deaders seem unsure of what to do with him. One of them almost gets a bite in on ol' Joaquin but whatever powers that bad hombre has found keep him protected.

Initiative:

AC, AD, KS, Qc, 9H, 9C, 8S, 7S, 7H, 7D,

Caroline JS
Stuthman 5C, 8H
Il Brutto JH
Zombies 5D [/spoiler]

Everyone but Stuthman has an action!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Novice Huckster | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 4 | Toughness 5 | Shoot d10 | Grit X | Fate Chips - [1] red, | Edges: AB Magic, Ambidextrous, Quick Draw, Two-Fisted | Hindrances: Vow, Ugly, Mean

Playing Vow here... destroying the things of darkness is a Major Hindrance, so he's staying. ALSO... I sort of forgot before rolling here that Ranged attacks in Melee aren't a thing, so he'll step back - or around between zombies, maybe, that sounds better - and take a SW version of the AoO if required. If I can spend a Benny to avoid, I will.

"YOU WANT PICTURES, SENORITA?", the brute shouts back, his head still ringing from the fall and the roaring dragon inside. His adrenaline pumps right alongside his ego. "GET A SHOT OF IL BRUTTO, THE HERO!"

Joaquin points each gun at different zombies, not turning his head for the second shot. He's good enough - and fast enough - to aim the moment he draws.

Shooting: 1d10 ⇒ 9
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Ace: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Damage w/ Raise: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 4, 4) = 17

Shooting: 1d10 ⇒ 6
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Ace: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Damage w/ Raise: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 4, 4) = 20
Ace: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Ace: 1d6 ⇒ 1

There's a Raise on each even if Caroline's light isn't close enough, but if you could clarify that'd be great. Total damage is 17 and 25 for each gun.


Female Human Journalist | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 4 | Toughness 5 | Grit 1 | Fate Chips: |Edges: Brave, Charismatic| |Hindrances: Curious (major), Pacifist (minor), Phobia - Rats (minor)

Caroline ignores the taunts, trying to draw a bead on the figures below. Despite everything, she finds herself reluctant to accidentally shoot her loud, crass companion, so she takes an extra moment to steady herself before squeezing the trigger.

Shooting: 1d8 ⇒ 4
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Ace: 1d6 ⇒ 5

I’m not entirely sure of the range here. If he’s about 20 feet away, I’m guessing short?

Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 1, 4) = 13


.

Joaquin channels something very deep within him, and raising both shotguns he blows the heads off of the remaining two zombies simultaneously. The bodies collapse to the ground just as Caroline fires a shot that would have probably been really good too if she hadn't been beat to the punch.

End of Combat


Male Human Novice Huckster | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 4 | Toughness 5 | Shoot d10 | Grit X | Fate Chips - [1] red, | Edges: AB Magic, Ambidextrous, Quick Draw, Two-Fisted | Hindrances: Vow, Ugly, Mean

A man of extremes who moves from anger to joy seemingly in an instant, Joaquin Ramirez turns with a massive grin towards Stuthman and Caldwell. His arms, each holding a smoking shotgun, go wide in victory before the last body has even fallen.

"There is no need to be afraid now!" he calls up to them, already reloading with practiced speed. "Joaquin, he has killed them for you. You see? Ehh." He looks to the horse, moving over towards it to check it's state.

"What about you, you ornery bastard? You broken? I put you down if you're broken - Joaquin, he's a bastard too, he would rather be shot quick then die slow. Let's see, eh? Ehh."

Joaquin will check to see if the horse will survive or if it needs to be put down, which he'll do now if needed. I guess he'll check the zombies over as well before coming up the hill.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Novice Blessed | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 2 | Toughness 4 | Shoot d8, 2d8 | Grit 1 | Fate Chips: White*2, Red*1 | Edges: Miracles, Steady Hands, Healer | Hindrances: Bad Dreams, Ailin', Hesitant

Swinging down from his horse to check on the dead, grimly adding a final bullet to their skulls, mutters to himself: "You're welcome, you bloody bastard."

If Joaquin hasn't yet killed his horse, Mr. Stuthman will look to see if there's anything he can do:

Healing: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Ace!: 1d8 ⇒ 8
Ace!: 1d8 ⇒ 2
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Total = 20


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Journalist | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 4 | Toughness 5 | Grit 1 | Fate Chips: |Edges: Brave, Charismatic| |Hindrances: Curious (major), Pacifist (minor), Phobia - Rats (minor)

Caroline, still at the top of the embankment, slings her shotgun over her shoulder. A hint of impatience creeps into her voice as she calls down, "Yes, yes, well done. Can we please get moving before more of those things, or worse, show up? I think I know the way to the camp despite-" She keeps her voice steady, only allowing a hint of irony as she concludes "-the magic to throw us off the trail."


.

Stuthman finds the horse and although it is pretty banged up, no legs are broken and he manages to extract it from a few pretty nasty brambles and even get it back up onto the trail up the side of the escarpment. Leaving the dead to g#+#&@n stay that way for once in their sorry unlives, you continue out on the trail.

Thankfully, Caroline has a good head on her shoulders and manages to remember where the north star is which points you in approximately the right direction.

After a long while of riding into the night you finally catch the scent of cooking meat over low coals. Up against a hillside, you see a couple of silhouettes standing guard near some smouldering coals with a haunch of meat cooking over it. They seem to be near a cave entrance.


Male Human Novice Blessed | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 2 | Toughness 4 | Shoot d8, 2d8 | Grit 1 | Fate Chips: White*2, Red*1 | Edges: Miracles, Steady Hands, Healer | Hindrances: Bad Dreams, Ailin', Hesitant

Mr. Stuthman will rein in, unsure of how best to proceed. Eventually, he will call out softly: "He-Hello? Is Miss Shelly Pearl there? W-We're f-friends... from earlier today?"


Female Human Journalist | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 4 | Toughness 5 | Grit 1 | Fate Chips: |Edges: Brave, Charismatic| |Hindrances: Curious (major), Pacifist (minor), Phobia - Rats (minor)

Rather than interjecting, Caroline holds her tongue, making sure her shotgun is held in a ready but non-threatening position.

In the dim light, she can’t double-check the property documents, as much as she would like to. Despite having checked them multiple times already, her mind harbors a seed of anxiety that they’ll somehow turn out to be fake or inadequate.


.

You hear a shotgun cock and a man's voice bray out.

"YER LOOKIN' FER SHELLY PEARL?! HAW HAW HAW HEY BOYS!"

From within the cave, drunken shouts sound out. "HEY MAYHEM! SOME STRAGGLERS IS OUT THERE LOOKIN' FER SHELLY PEARL!"

You see a few shapes emerge from the cave, and it becomes very, very clear that this is probably not where you wanted to be. However, you're also not exactly in full view and its quite late. You hear the commotion of them trying to rouse each other within the cave.


Male Human Novice Blessed | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 2 | Toughness 4 | Shoot d8, 2d8 | Grit 1 | Fate Chips: White*2, Red*1 | Edges: Miracles, Steady Hands, Healer | Hindrances: Bad Dreams, Ailin', Hesitant

Stuthman turns a worried face to the others and whispers: "Dammit! This is Mayhem Archer's gang - I think we have to get out of here!"

Mr. Stuthman turns his horse around, hoping the others will agree and they can just get out of there before the gang notices them.


Male Human Novice Huckster | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 4 | Toughness 5 | Shoot d10 | Grit X | Fate Chips - [1] red, | Edges: AB Magic, Ambidextrous, Quick Draw, Two-Fisted | Hindrances: Vow, Ugly, Mean

Ramirez shrugs lazily, looking at Stuthman turn on his horse. His body language is not defiant so much as indifferent; he could stay or go.

"Why? Mebbe this archer, he knows something useful. The worst that can happen is.. what? He shoots? Joaquin, he shoots him in the face then, trouble solved. Then we have this camp and this food, prolly good place to rest...?"


Female Human Journalist | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 4 | Toughness 5 | Grit 1 | Fate Chips: |Edges: Brave, Charismatic| |Hindrances: Curious (major), Pacifist (minor), Phobia - Rats (minor)

Me is already starting to retreat as she shifts her grip on her shotgun, taking in her surroundings as best she can.

"We have no idea how many of them there are, for one," she hisses.

Smarts: 1d8 ⇒ 8
Ace!: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Based on what she knows: 1) Is it likely they took a wrong turn somewhere, or is this probably where they MEANT to go? Meaning - how likely is it that this is the Pearl gang's camp that's been overrun? and 2) Roughly how far away is the group?


Male Human Novice Huckster | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 4 | Toughness 5 | Shoot d10 | Grit X | Fate Chips - [1] red, | Edges: AB Magic, Ambidextrous, Quick Draw, Two-Fisted | Hindrances: Vow, Ugly, Mean

Il Brutto nods a little, half-shrugging again.

"The camp of the women, it was prolly here," he says matter-of-factly as Caroline thinks. "But the dark priest, he moved it again. Ehh? Ehh. Pow-erful magic. Joaquin, he will shoot this man in the face too."

Joaquin nods, not really feeling the impact of the situation yet. "Yes. Much shooting to come, of many faces."


.

Wtf I actually posted.

Caroline is fairly sure a wrong turn was taken - navigating an unfamiliar wilderness in the dark may do that. However she's also sure they aren't too far from where they should be - the question is where that is.

You're among the trees a good 60' from the camp and are probably pretty hard to spot.


Female Human Journalist | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 4 | Toughness 5 | Grit 1 | Fate Chips: |Edges: Brave, Charismatic| |Hindrances: Curious (major), Pacifist (minor), Phobia - Rats (minor)

After quickly studying what she can make out of the area, Caroline whispers, ”I’m fairly certain we took a wrong turn. I suggest we figure out WHERE rather than get in a pointless shoot out with a bunch of outlaws.”

As she says this, she’s already moving to retreat, trying to mentally retrace her steps and figure out where they went wrong.


Male Human Novice Blessed | Wounds: 0/3 | Parry 2 | Toughness 4 | Shoot d8, 2d8 | Grit 1 | Fate Chips: White*2, Red*1 | Edges: Miracles, Steady Hands, Healer | Hindrances: Bad Dreams, Ailin', Hesitant

”C’mon, Joaquin - you can shoot them if they’re stupid enough to follow us, eh?”


.

Still here but I'll let Joaquin post.

851 to 900 of 929 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / One Shot RPG Tour Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.