Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

SR's - Great Southern Isles (PbP) (Inactive)

Game Master stormraven

High-Power Pathfinder Homespun Game


5,551 to 5,600 of 7,012 << first < prev | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | next > last >>

Ushari reflexively traces the birthmark on her palm when Isolde tells her the news. Silent? How is that even possible?? And this happened three days ago? Could this be related to the theft of that skeleton earlier?

::Isolde, I did receive the acorn, but what do you mean the Gods have gone silent? Do they refuse to acknowledge Naladoria's existence, or do they ignore all of your pleas?::

Knowledge Planes 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Knowledge Religion 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24


:: My contacts on the Higher Planes, they do not speak to me. They have been silent for many days now, I grow worried. ::


::I share your worry. This is unwelcome news indeed. What day did you notice your contacts had grown silent?::


There is silence for a moment as the Oracle thinks back. :: Nine or ten days ago, maybe. ::

Ushari:
That's put it close or on the day of the battle with Dinwat.


::Isolde...I believe we were the cause of this silence you are experiencing. Naladoria broke the veil which separated the living souls from the departed to prevent our deaths. This silence must be in response to that action she undertook to save us.:: She quiickly recounts the battle with Dinwat which resulted in their deaths. :Until we perform a service for her, she can do nothing to aid us now.::


Again there is silence. :: Then maybe the Upper World waits and watches ::


Ushari pauses for a moment to digest the information. Then she responds to Isolde ::I understand, Isolde. Do you have any messages for the others?::

Once completed, she will change into her more utilitarian clothes and armor, then rejoin the others in the common room.


DM

Isolde has nothing further and soon Ushari is downstairs with her compatriots.


Ushari is soon sitting at the table with her companions, dressed in her usual comfortable attire and sipping on her glass of wine. Right after she had ordered her drink, she quickly recapped her conversation with Isolde. On the questioning looks from Orin (and Jofram), she obliges by explaining how the group knew the strange witch woman.

"I firmly believe WE were the cause of the events Isolde mentioned. I know the Grey Lady said she would contact us, yet I do not know if that will even be possible now...we may need to take the initiative here." She sips her wine, watching closely the group reaction to her words. "What do you guys think?"


Knowledge Religion, why not? 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30


DM

What are you trying to learn with Know: Religion?


About Isolde (who it seems isn't a goddess but Orin probably doesn't know that) and the Gray Lady--Orin's from a different world, so he might have no idea about the pantheon here. Just want to see roughly what he knows.


DM

Unfortunately, Orin comes up with bupkiss. It is clear to him from the conversation that this 'Isolde' is a powerful Oracle on Miir but otherwise is a common woman. Naladoria it seems is/was a deity from a long vanished pantheon (gone for over 10,000 years) that is trying to stage a comeback and even the indigenous people of Miir know of her vaguely only from tangled myths - which portray her as some sort of sea spirit with a confusing pedigree.

What One Sailor Said


STONE-FACED KILLA

Was the conversation with Naladoria (where she said she'd tell us where to go to test oursevles against some Shaudran ruins) before or after that fight with the necromancer? I thought it was after.


DM

Here I go to all the trouble of creating an encyclopedic Campaign Tab and ya don't even use it... :P

Here are the events in order (with links):
1. Nala lays out the task ahead (pre-necro fight)
2. Heroes get dead
3. Nala lets you know what will happen (prior to resurrection)


I previously read the fight with Dinwat. So, Naladoria tasked you with finding the corborundrum seashell from a Shaudran fortress. To practice for the fortress with the seashell, she sent you to the place where Dinwat was attempting to call forth the Dweller in Darkness. Y'all got TPKed, and Naladoria weakened herself (or something to that effect) to rez you all. Now she can't be contacted. So are we contemplating going to retrieve the seashell? Sure, the "easy" fortress was a TPK, but now you have me with you. ;-) Do I have everything right? Cuz I'm all for going to the fortress.


DM

Actually, you've got that a bit wrong. Dinwat was a challenge the characters took on. Naladoria just stepped in to help out and put the characters back in the fight to ensure they could help her later. Dinwat's base was below a Shaudran ruin and he scavenged material from the ruin to line the interior walls (inadvertently making it Naladoria Scry-proof) but it isn't the 'working' Shaudran structure she was talking about. So you haven't hit her 'practice dungeon' yet.
At this point, you have no idea where the structure containing her seashell is. She seemed reasonably sure that even with the current crop of Gods alerted to her actions, she would be able to reach you via dreams - presumably to let you know where the practice dungeon and/or the real fortress are. The question is... are the 'Gods going silent' a reaction she anticipated? In other words, can she still punch communications through to you despite that OR have the Gods seriously locked the plane down so that she can't reach you at all?

Behind the DM screen:
Given the research you've already completed, what you know about the Shaudran, your power level, and new personnel I'm likely to throw you at the Shaudran Fortress and skip the practice dungeon altogether, WHEN I get around to doing it. That is NOT a statement on whether Naladoria can reach you or not - i.e. whether she gauged the Gods' reactions correctly.


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayse rolls is strange stone around in the palm of one tattoo'd hand, considering. "Well, I don't really know. If her intervention is the reason she can't contact us, then I'm not sure how she'll contact us to test ourselves against a Shaudran ruin. And I'm sure as hell not gonna volunteer to pick one at random." He shrugs, setting the stone to float once again in front of his forehead, "I'm happy as a clam to wait to hear from her. And in the meantime," he grins, covering his right eye with a hand and adopting a gravelly voice, "There be some trrreasure ta be found. Haaarrr!"

anyone wanna go hunting for some pirate treasure?! (Ya know, right up until Stormy tosses us into another Shaudran TPK machine? :)


DM

:: Whistles innocently ::


Orin nods and in an instant his clothes change to "pirate gear", complete with tricorne hat, eye patch, long black braids, and a smile full of gold teeth. Uses Belt of Disguise

Tell me more about this treasure--I could use some coin. Don't expect me to dress like this, though, he says with a smile, reverting back to his "normal" attire.


Ushari smiles at Orin's change of outfit, "Well, we did find a treasure map showing where we think one stash is located." She smirks, "I hope you brought your sea legs with you along with your clothing, Mister Vanderwhal! It is a fairly long voyage!" She seems quite excited about a sea voyage.


HP: 51/79 | | Anatomist (+1 to confirm Crits) | | Fav. Enemy +4 = Humans, Half-Humans, Undead

Satisfied that all is well, Jofram finishes his ale, and climbs the stairs to join his comrades. As he enters the room, a particular word finds its way to his ears...

"Ah, the alluring siren's call of treasure. It's usually a deadly trap, of course - but we could sooner go without breathing than cease our pursuit of it."


"Well, let's not overstate it. There isn't a map per se and we don't know what the treasure is. Jofram discovered a note penned in invisible ink which suggests a treasure and a clue as to where it is... Later, after some research, we found a mention of an Amratt on the next island over." Straehan passes the cryptic note, written on the back of a common business receipt, to the newest member of their crew.


Ushari Velnokal wrote:
Ushari smiles at Orin's change of outfit, "Well, we did find a treasure map showing where we think one stash is located." She smirks, "I hope you brought your sea legs with you along with your clothing, Mister Vanderwhal! It is a fairly long voyage!" She seems quite excited about a sea voyage.

I can't say that I travel by sea often, nor even that I know my way well around a ship, but I can learn quickly how to make myself useful. And I promise I at least won't drown if I fall overboard, so why not?

Orin peruses the note, reading it over and over to try to decipher the clues.

Hmm, sailor's bane. That could be any number of things--fire on the ship, no wind to fill the sails, running out of water, mutiny, possibly even pirates. It's too hard to say in this context, but perhaps it will be made clear from inside Amratt's Pearls. In the absence of other information, I'd think we should look for ships or stores that might be considered a "pearl" or have the world "pearl" in their name.

The white-haired man turns his head to the side and looks off into the distance, contemplating the contents of the hidden message. A glaring look from a female patron, mistakenly taking Orin's contemplations as staring at her, snaps him back to the present.

So, Amratt--shall we set sail? What do you know of this town?


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayse grins widely, "Not a thing. Though it wouldn't be the first round of research we've had to do in Orfallen." He looks sideways at Straehan and Ushari, "I say 'we'... I didn't really do anything." He thinks for a few minutes, "Ya know, spending a lot of time at sea may give us an opportunity to keep an eye out for any signs of those reavers... kind of forgot about those guys."


"As I recall, there were some murmurs that the batch of Reavers in this area are based off the western coast of Aamari - where we're headed. So you might get more of an eyeful than you wish." The gnome seems nonplussed at the possibility. "So, set sail tomorrow or today?"

FWIW, it is somewhere around 3PM. When you do set sail - where are you heading? You can follow the shipping lanes straight across to Stya. Given the lane is patrolled, it should be safe. From Stya you can hike or caravan to Amratt. Your other option would be to sail for Amratt directly. That will be out of the shipping lanes and therefore more dangerous but would be a faster trip overall... unless you are eaten by a kraken. :)

If you aren't leaving til tomorrow, what are your plans for the day?

MAP


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayse is quiet while he thinks through the options. "I have to admit running into Reavers on their turf seems like a quick way to earn some serious pain. Not to mention put our Mako in danger." He gives a half-smirk, "Hate to ruin our ride. If there's a safe route to landfall, I say we take that. From there we can hoof it to our destination. Or run the shallows in the Mako. I'd think that unless the reavers also have shallow-hulled boats, we could use that to our advantage to lose them or at least run out in front of them til we can form a plan."

He's quiet a few more minutes, once again rolling the dark stone between the fingers in his right hand. "Although that brings another thing up. Not that we have to do this, but I know we have a lot of recent friends who'd be a lot safer if we were able to put some fear into the reavers." He looks around the group. "I'm not saying we should take them on as a group. But knocking off a few leaders. Singling out a few captains and leaving bloody messages indicating that captains will continue to be targeted as long as they continue savaging the coastlines. Even if it's a bit of a bluff on our part, it could do a lot to slow the reavers bloody work."

He shrugs, "It's at least worth thinking about. I know Buli and Thrane would be happy about that. Old Nelton down at Badger's Lope probably wouldn't' mind the help, either."

He looks around at the group to see what they think of his idea, "Either way I say we head out soon. Though it might be smart to touch base with Biti first… he always seems to have more information. Not to mention a toy or two."


If you mean to bring the fight to these Reavers at sea, I have some spells that could be useful, but I'd have to wait until tomorrow to prepare them. If you'd rather evade them, I can help in that regard as well. One thing to consider, though--if this treasure includes any weaponry or enough money that we can spend to buy more weaponry, it might be better to secure the treasure first, then hunt down the Reavers.


Ushari is quiet as she ponders Jayse and Orin's words. Being the de-facto 'captain' of the Mako meant she had to be extra aware of her responsibilities. "I think Jayse is right. We can sail along the shipping lane, then decide whether to travel inland or take the Mako along the shallows from there. It depends on how safe the coastal waters are for navigation." Her blue eyes grow into ice chips as she continues, "I would LOVE nothing better than to take the fight to those Reavers!" After she calms down, she finishes "Checking with Biti is a good idea and also with the dockmaster for any other rumors would be wise. Orin, IF we can find a place to sell the treasure, then your idea is a good one." She glances at Jofram, "Any thoughs?"


Ushari is quiet as she ponders Jayse and Orin's words. Being the de-facto 'captain' of the Mako meant she had to be extra aware of her responsibilities. "I think Jayse is right. We can sail along the shipping lane, then decide whether to travel inland or take the Mako along the shallows from there. It depends on how safe the coastal waters are for navigation." Her blue eyes grow into ice chips as she continues, "I would LOVE nothing better than to take the fight to those Reavers!" After she calms down, she finishes "Checking with Biti is a good idea and also with the dockmaster for any other rumors would be wise. Orin, IF we can find a place to sell the treasure, then your idea is a good one." She glances at Jofram, "Any thoughs?"


HP: 51/79 | | Anatomist (+1 to confirm Crits) | | Fav. Enemy +4 = Humans, Half-Humans, Undead

"I'd just as soon avoid the getting engaged in battle at sea. We are not as formidable on the water, and the Mako is no war vessel. They may thrive on the water, but full pockets find shore. If we engage the Reavers, I'd rather lure them into a trap on land, than take our chances out there."


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayse gets a confused look on his face as his eyes bounce between his friends, and he mentally reviews what he'd said earlier.

I had meant that we should try to find their home-base on land once we get on that side of the water, but apparently didn't actually have Jayse say it.

He nods in agreement with Jofram, though. "Yes. I totally agree. I'm not looking to fight on their terms. Actually, I'm not looking for much of a fight at all. More like picking a few off when they sleep or take a piss." Jayse seems unaware of how close his suggestion comes to assassination.


DM

Hey guys, I'm doing a family thing this weekend so my posting will be sporadic.
The Reavers threaten both shipping and coastal towns, so they are a concern if you decide to sail up or down the Aamari coast.
Based on what you've said, it seems like everyone is in favor of sailing via the shipping lane. Is the plan to leave the next morning? If so, what are the plans for the night?


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayse doesn't have anything pressing. I mean, they need to provision the Mako,but I'd think that's only a few hours. I'd go shopping for adventuring gear, but I spent Jayse's money last time we were in town.

All that said, provisioning for the trip, touching base (and maybe grabbing a meal) with Biti, and hitting up the Strumpet and having a good time there all seem like fun things.


Jayse's plan seems like a good one. Ushari could use a good time at the Strumpet as well, he he. Also seeing if there are any leads to the missing dinosaur skeleton with the Watch would be a good idea. Chances are whoever stole it headed in the same direction we are going as well. Be a good idea to keep a lookout for them.


STONE-FACED KILLA

Why should we assume the dino theft has anything to do with our intended travel direction. Stormy has stressed time again that this setting is a thriving, living setting that does not center on our little adventure. We affect changes that make a difference, but big and little events happen constantly that have no bearing on our pc's or adventures unless we want them to. Given all that, I think it just as likely that the museum theft is only tied to our characters if we choose to get involved in it... which means I would think that it's not really going to be tied to our trip across the waters at all. Did I miss something that indicates that the thieves are headed our way?

Now, if it is related, and it's something SR wants/needs us to engage for the good of our central plot, I'm thinking it'll find its way into our path wherever we go... so going out of our way to look into it without motivation seems like a waste of tiem to me.

Now, if Ushari is just a good enough citizen (or you are an interested-enough player) to look into the thefts of her own volition, that's something else entirely.


Jayse, you could be right onn there with your assessment of the dino theft not being related to our central plot but Ushari wanted to be certain of that. I am not saying we drop everything to investigate this theft, just saying it is possible they traveled along the same path we are going to take. Since a necromancer was likely involved with the theft, she thinks it is better to be safe than sorry here.


So it seems like we're resolved to set sail the next day, right? I have some money left so if anyone thinks they need any scrolls or potions or anything, let me know and take me to a place that sells such things and I can get us what we need.

Orin listens to his new companions discuss their concerns, then stands up, resolved.

So we set sail tomorrow then? Where can we find Biti in this place? Let's see what news he has for us, if any, then you all can show me what this town has to offer before we set off tomorrow on my maiden voyage. Shall we?


HP: 51/79 | | Anatomist (+1 to confirm Crits) | | Fav. Enemy +4 = Humans, Half-Humans, Undead

Treasure ho!


DM

Jayse knows me too well, I think. :) The world does indeed keep spinning whether your characters are involved or not. Just for the sake of simplifying things, let me just say this... the only action that is directly along the 'main plot' is you guys going after a Shaudran fortress and grabbing the shell for Naladoria. And I can put that pretty much any place I like since it isn't location dependent. All the other threads are either 'side quests' or 'background color' that you can pursue or not. Even though they aren't main-plot-related, there can be fallout from those choices which could affect things for you. For instance, given what you know and suspect about Kilcrist and his clear delight at the theft... you can't imagine he'd be pleased to hear that you helped the Watch track down the thieves. So, pursuing that thread could put a kink in your relationship with him. And while he isn't integral to the overall plot, having him no longer helpful could hamper you in some ways.

You won't be able to find Bitiborium easily. Just to speed things along and wrap some stuff together, I'll going to take some liberties in my post...

Our heroes hash out a rough plan of action, leave word with Kilcrist about meeting Bitiborium for dinner, and then spend a few hours seeing to the provisioning of the Mako for her journey on the morrow. When they return to the Fish, Bit has apparently come and gone but left word with the stable-boy that he'd be delighted to meet the group for dinner at the Strumpet around 7-ish.

Jayse, Jofram, Ushari, and Straehan spend an hour or two showing Orin around the town (and possibly doing a little shopping) before they dress for dinner and head down to the Strumpet for what will hopefully be an eventful night. They are greeted warmly by Emeralda the proprietress as well as several of her more 'endowed' staff members - male and female. It is very clear they recall their debt to your group and look forward to 'entertaining' you later. Your group is given a table of honor and you sit down to fine meal with the small gnomish merchant.

Your pleasant dinner conversation is only interrupted by other patrons staring at your group and wondering why the staff is catering to you so lavishly. Some of them whisper questions about you to the bar-maids who apparently take some delight in filling them in on your acts of heroism in the battle with the vicious shape-shifting were-rats. You garner more than a few nods of respect. The only thing that really draws your attention, as you are about to try pumping Bitiborium for information, is the appearance of some sort of civil servant (based on his officious clothing) who seems oblivious to nearly everyone. He slides onto a stool at the bar, far away from the other patrons. Like a man with a mission, he orders five shots in a line. He looks shaken to you. In short order, he slams the shots, and indicates to Emeralda that he'd like three more. The proprietress wipes down the bar, builds the man's drinks, and asks a few discreet questions, clearly wondering at his state.

Initially, he answers her questions with a disbelieving shake of his head. But, as the combined weight of his drinking binge hits him fully, he leans forward and says a few quiet words to Emeralda. All you hear are intriguing snatches of words:

"... no one... most animals... all dead... Flyn"

The only remaining issue is if you guys want to make any additional purchases of magical equipment for the trip per Orin's suggestion. If so, name what you are trying to find. Otherwise, I'm going to assume you are good to go.


HP: 51/79 | | Anatomist (+1 to confirm Crits) | | Fav. Enemy +4 = Humans, Half-Humans, Undead

During our bout with the cyclops, I was really regretting that I passed on the chance to buy potions. I'd like to pick up 2 potions of CMW from Sudara. -600gp


Flyn...uh oh...MUST resist urge to follow plot hook...yes Jayse I'll be good...

Ushari would like to pick up 2 Healer Kits (100 gp); A wand of CLW (750 gp); and 2 Potions of Lesser Restoration (600 gp) from the church of Erastil.
Total cost is 1450 gp.


I'd like some arcane scrolls, Fog Cloud, Ash Storm, Stinking Cloud. I'd also like a potion of fox's cunning. Total cost = 1,200. That should give me some control options if we get attacked at sea. Whether or not I can get some or all of those items, I'm good to go.


DM

Just to speed things along, we'll say 'yes' to all those purchases.

Jayse, any interest in what the civil servant is saying or are you taking a pass on it as well? Also, there was some talk about quizzing Bitiborium. Feel free to get to the quizzing.


Cool...BTW I misread the total coin Ushari has, so I threw in an extra Potion of Lesser Restore for a total of 3. Cool?


DM

That's fine.


STONE-FACED KILLA

: Looks at character sheet :

We haven't made any gold since the shopping spree before the were-rat fight, right? if not, then Jayse is more-or-less good to go. IF we did, then I'll want to spend that. Specifically, if there is some money to go around, then buying a few more Wands of CLW (@ 750g a pop) could go a LONG way if we end up in one of the Shaudran ruins. Thsoe things can extend a group's capacity to extend a dungeon-run in a big way... allowing our healers to focus their big heals for when they're really needed... in combat.


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayse catches Ushari's curious glances at the civil servant between his own frowns at the man's behavior. When she looks over at him, obviously wanting to find out more about his use of the word "Flyn", Jayse nods to her unspoken question. "I have to admit even I'm curious about this one. I mean, going around asking questions about a mage on his home turf is one thing. Picking up information that so willingly presents itself…?" He shrugs as if to say 'not sure how you turn that opportunity down.

Jayse gets up from the table. "Be right back. Hopefully with our new friend." he says as he heads over to where the official is quickly submerging his ability to think straight in so much of the Strumpet's alcohol. He sidles up next to the man, adopting a facade of worried concern before before he clears his throat to get the man's attention. "I'm sorry to intrude, and I'm even sorrier to pry. But I couldn't help but overhear something about a lot of animals dying?" He holds up hand to hopefully forestall any objections or suspicion on the man's part, "The name's Jayse, and as you can probably tell," he says with a gesture towards his own clothes, "I'm not from around here. My friends and I work with a number of local and inter-island trading groups, so I prefer to know the inner-happenings in town." He gives the man's clothes a look, "You look the sort of man to have reliable information about Orfallen, and I'd love to pick your brain if you've got the time. We'll pick up the next round." He looks down at the man's 5 glasses and gives a friendly smile, "Or five. We just ask for five minutes or so."

Bluff - for all above that's not strictly true 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24.
Diplomacy - improve attitude 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17. Bonus for offer to buy drinks?

If the man accepts,
Jayse smiles and picks up three of the man's drinks, ushering him back to the table. Seeing as there wasn't an extra chair at the table, Jayse sets the glasses down at the chair he vacated a minute before, offering the man the seat. Once the man sits, Jayse grabs an empty chair from another table and pulls it over, spinning it around backwards before sitting down, resting his tattoo'd forearms on the chair back. "These are my associates. Ushari, Jofram, Orin, and Straehan. Everyone, this is… um.." he gives the man an embarrassed smile, "I'm afraid I missed your name." Whether or not the man is comfortable giving his, Jayse turns to the others, "He was just telling me about an incident that might touch on our current trade interests."

Bluff for secret message ("Act like an inter-isle merchant group") 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23.

He turns back to the official, "So you were saying something about a lot of dead animals around here? And something called a flyn?"


Jayse wrote:

: Looks at character sheet :

We haven't made any gold since the shopping spree before the were-rat fight, right? if not, then Jayse is more-or-less good to go. IF we did, then I'll want to spend that. Specifically, if there is some money to go around, then buying a few more Wands of CLW (@ 750g a pop) could go a LONG way if we end up in one of the Shaudran ruins. Thsoe things can extend a group's capacity to extend a dungeon-run in a big way... allowing our healers to focus their big heals for when they're really needed... in combat.

Note that Orin has a fully-charged wand of CLW, but if y'all want another one I'll kick in some gold to get another one (though I only have 800 left and I want to save some for a rainy day).


STONE-FACED KILLA

Okay, that leaves the team with 2, if you count Ushari's. That will be handy.

5,551 to 5,600 of 7,012 << first < prev | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SR's - Great Southern Isles (PbP) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.