Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

It began in Magnimar (Inactive)

Game Master Hawkwen Agricola

MAP


1 to 50 of 380 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

It's a brisk, overcast autumn morning with occasional, very brief, appearances of sunlight breaking through the thick cloud cover. The usual hustle and bustle of daily chores spring to life around you as you make your way to the Bazaar of Sails.

For your initial post in the gameplay thread, give a look at the two reference links below (if needed) and tell us why your character is on their way to the Bazaar of Sails.

References
Magnimar (general)
Bazaar of Sails


Female Gnome Cleric / 1

Appearance:

Willow stands just a few inches over 3 feet and is rather slender, weighing about 55 lbs. Her large eyes are a brilliant emerald green and her long, thick hair appears streaked in several shades of green, ranging from a pale green to a green so dark as to almost appear black.

Willow typically layers her clothing in shades of greens and browns. A normal outfit for her consists of a pale green blouse with a dark green bodice and a brown skirt with leather boots. She also likes to weave ribbons of various greens throughout her hair.

Basket in hand, Willow flits about the stalls of the bazaar just like a hummingbird among the flowers. She glances over everything as she goes, hoping to find little bits of odds and ends of things to use in her crafts. Often she can find things for sale, like little scraps of fine cloth that she buy cheap to use for dresses for her dolls. Plus she's been looking for something suitable and more realistic for hair. Maybe some odd pieces of wood for carving. It's so hard to tell what might end up being useful, so she takes care to peek into every stall.


Male Human Rogue 1

Anosten glides through the market, barely noticed is his unassuming garb, as he makes his to the differing stalls hawking their wares. His eyes dart everywhere, taking in everything. He peers through the crowd looking for some items to round out his equipment, and perhaps a few purses to liberate.


Male Human Fighter (Tactician 17/Champion 10) [ HP 340/340 | AC 38 Tch 26 FF 33 | Fort +25 Ref +19 Will +21 | CMD 47 | Init +22 Perc +31 | Effects: ]

Hiram too wandered the stalls looking this way and that for landmarks in his attempts to find his way. The long scarf he wore marked him as an academic from Korvosa but the rather unhealthy looking sword on his hip also marked him as an uncommon one at best as did the shield. He looked at his scrap of paper again and rubbed the stubble on his chin. He had been up all night working on a few things for his patron but had hit a wall in his research.

Not being a resident of the local university meant that he only had restricted access to their library. He needed to collect a few texts and had been directed to the Bazaar of Sails and several shops of somewhat questionable repute.

Finally, he gave up. The last stop on his list, 'Lebric's Assorted Academicals' was nowhere to be found. He managed to catch sight of a spritely figure darting between the stalls and figure a local could probably direct him.

"Pardon me! I say! Ma'am?" He called out to her, "Might I persuade you to aide me?"


Smiling that he was already waiting for her, Cyniq jumped into Jarek's lap and flung her arms around him. "It's really been too long! But it's good to see you, time for dinner?" She gave him a quick peck before sliding into her own seat.

Laughing at her bright exuberance Jarek smiled back, "Hi baby, good to see you too! I wish I had time for dessert, but I have to be at the warehouse soon. I've already ordered dinner." Leaning back against his chair, he pulled her chair in close to him and laid his arm across the back of it. Nodding to one of the tall ships riding at anchor in the harbor, Jarek motioned with his free hand, "there she is, the Storm Fury she's already loaded and ready to set sail back to Absalom on the morning tide."

Idly curling a strand of her red hair around one finger, Cyniq leans into Jarek. "Oh good! I am so hoping that Burgstem has his shipment of books. I asked him to find me a copy of a Treatise on Imperial Chelaxian Taxation, Civil War Era I think it might help my studies of the monuments and ruins!"

With the arrival of dinner, both fell to quickly eating dinner while enjoying their view across the waterfront from the small eatery at one edge of the Bazaar of Sails.

"Gods above, I have to hurry or I will be late!" Jarek exclaims before jumping up, quickly kissing Cyniq and heading off down the street.

Sighing with the understanding it would probably be a couple of days before they could see each other again, Cyniq strolled deeper into the Bazaar, heading for Burgstem's shop.

*****

"Pardon me! I say! Ma'am?" He called out to her, "Might I persuade you to aide me?"

Stopping and looking around, inquisitively, Cyniq looked at the man that had called out to her, "me?"


Male Human Fighter (Tactician 17/Champion 10) [ HP 340/340 | AC 38 Tch 26 FF 33 | Fort +25 Ref +19 Will +21 | CMD 47 | Init +22 Perc +31 | Effects: ]

"Yes, thank you. You'll have to forgive me, I'm new in town and am somewhat lost. I am looking for a book store by the name of Lebric's Assorted Academicals. I've spent most of the afternoon looking but it is as though the store never existed. If I were a more paranoid man I'd almost think those dullards at the University are having a laugh at my expense." It would not be much of a stretch to assume this was all an elaborate joke on him. The Summit University and the Korvoasan College of Fine Arts have often had a quiet rivalry running.


Female Gnomish Bard 1 [ HP 9/9 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 12 FF 14 | Fort +1* Ref +3* Will +3* | CMD 9 | Init +3 Perc +7 | Effects: none ]

"Bye, Mr. Huonalig!" yells a little gnome, darting out of a stall. "Thank you again, and please tell my parents I love them and will come to visit as soon as Uncle lets me!"

The gnome stops in her rush, nearly causing an accident as she narrowly avoids passersby. She gazes at her surroundings with widening eyes as she takes in all the different people buying and selling, then suddenly turns and skips away to strike up a conversation with the first person she sees who doesn't appear to speak Common.


Male Aasimar Paladin (Sacred Servant) 1 > HP 13/13, 12/13 NL; AC 16 (T11/F15); F:+4,R:+1,W:+0; Init+1; Perc-2)<

Dovak, out on an assignment from the head priest at the Church of Iomedae in The Marches district of Magnimar, walks through the Bazaar of Sails looking for a shop with a good price on cloth for making priests' robes. He almost trips over a gnome as it runs out of a stall past him. "Hey there, you should be careful; you might get hurt if someone steps on you." he admonishes the gnome. "Lucky thing for us both that we didn't end up in a heap, eh?" He gathers himself and continues on to look for cloth as the gnome starts talking to someone behind him. Now what shop has the best deal on good cloth today... he thinks to himself as he moves on.


Cyniq smiled, there was always someone getting lost in the Bazaar. "Why certainly! Easy enough mistake, Lebric sold that shop some six years ago. Burgstem owns it now. Now let me see that..." Taking the scrap of paper she takes a moment to stare at it before suddenly smiling and flipping it over. "Ahh, you're on a snipe hunt! Your map is about ten years old too. If you go down four blocks. Hmm, construction on that street, turn right, go two blocks, another right and three more blocks, another right and three more blocks. Turn left for a block, left again and its one block down on the right."

Quickly scribbling a few notes along the side of his instructions she handed it back to him, "this route will get you through the bazaar without straying into any of the less savory parts and avoiding a couple spots of construction."

Another charming smile and Cyniq watches the man walk off, following her directions. Once he is out of sight she crosses the street and enters a shop with a sign over the door reading Burgstem's Assorted Acedemicals.

"Zeke, you really need a new sign, the one you have is barely legible." laughing, she browses through the new books with one eye out the window to see how long it will take the guy to show up.


Female Gnomish Bard 1 [ HP 9/9 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 12 FF 14 | Fort +1* Ref +3* Will +3* | CMD 9 | Init +3 Perc +7 | Effects: none ]

The gnome begins to giggle and speak more quickly, now in Dwarven, now in Elvish, now in Gnome. After a few minutes, she has settled into Dwarven and gathered a small crowd around her and seems to be reciting some sort of epic.

Perform (oratory): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Unfortunately for her, the dwarves in this crowd don't seem quite cultured enough for this particular poem, and wander off, bored.

She frowns for only a moment before forgetting about the slight and wandering down to the next booth to stare wide-eyed at their wares.


Male Human Fighter (Tactician 17/Champion 10) [ HP 340/340 | AC 38 Tch 26 FF 33 | Fort +25 Ref +19 Will +21 | CMD 47 | Init +22 Perc +31 | Effects: ]

Hiram thanked her and set off, getting about two blocks away before the directions finally settled into his head properly. He looked at the notes on the back and at the out of date map. Three right turns would bring him back onto this street and across it. Then the lefts would... yes, there it was.

He turned on his heel and made his way back to where he met the woman. Sure enough, he could see the sign for 'Burgstem's Assorted Academicals'. Stuffing his map into his pocket, he strode up the front steps and pushed the front door open.

There she was standing by the new arrivals.

"Ha, ha, ha," he said very deliberately, "Recursive directions, yes, I'm certain that many a tourist has fallen for such a trick. It took me a moment but the three rights eventually gave it away."


Female Gnomish Bard 1 [ HP 9/9 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 12 FF 14 | Fort +1* Ref +3* Will +3* | CMD 9 | Init +3 Perc +7 | Effects: none ]

For Zirt's epic?


Male Human Fighter (Tactician 17/Champion 10) [ HP 340/340 | AC 38 Tch 26 FF 33 | Fort +25 Ref +19 Will +21 | CMD 47 | Init +22 Perc +31 | Effects: ]

Sorry, I was going to but I forgot it was in dwarven.


Female Gnomish Bard 1 [ HP 9/9 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 12 FF 14 | Fort +1* Ref +3* Will +3* | CMD 9 | Init +3 Perc +7 | Effects: none ]

No worries.


"yeah, yeah, I like that sign, it has history. At least six years of it, anyway." Zeke Burgstem, proprietor and owner of one of the larger book importers for Magnimar rummages through a crate of books before pulling an old leather bound tome. "Here's that book you ordered, I hope it's what you are looking for." He lays it on the counter and looks up as a young man, obviously a tourist, walks in the store and addresses Cyniq.

"Ha, ha, ha," he said very deliberately, "Recursive directions, yes, I'm certain that many a tourist has fallen for such a trick. It took me a moment but the three rights eventually gave it away."

"Really Cyniq? How you manage to stay out of trouble I have no idea." Zeke just shakes his head and smiles at the redhead. "Welcome to Burgstem's Assorted Academicals. I'm the proprietor, Zeke. And it looks like you know one of my customers already, but how can I help you?"

Smiling at the young man, she replaces the book she had been idly flipping through and held out one hand, palm down in greeting, "pleased to see you again so soon. Better a little tourist humor from me than if you had asked one of the princess' men. They would most likely have exacted a heavier price."

After sharing greetings she picks up the book from Zeke and gleefully opens it up. "Yes, it covers the right time period, this will do nicely."


Male Human Fighter (Tactician 17/Champion 10) [ HP 340/340 | AC 38 Tch 26 FF 33 | Fort +25 Ref +19 Will +21 | CMD 47 | Init +22 Perc +31 | Effects: ]

"Professor Hiram Morrow," Hiram told Zeke and the lady, Cyniq. "I'm with the College out of Korvosa and I'm looking for a copy of Grisham's text on Astral Membranes. The exact name escapes me at the moment but Grisham always had a flair for titles. Something along the lines of 'Ripples in the Astral Sea' or 'Plumbing the Astral Depths'. He was fond of aquatic metaphors if I recall. Also a copy of Fogram's 'Theosis and Atheosis: Selected Theories'."

Turning to Cyniq and clasped her hand in one of his and gave it a light peck to be polite.

"Your concern for my well-being is admirable, madam, but I am considerably less addlepated than I may seem. As my father once said, a workman carries the tools he knows." With that he rapped a knuckle on the hilt of the sword at his side. The wear and heft of the weapon indicated that this was no dandy's affectation. The Professor likely knew a thing or two beyond the contents of musty tomes.


Male Aasimar Paladin (Sacred Servant) 1 > HP 13/13, 12/13 NL; AC 16 (T11/F15); F:+4,R:+1,W:+0; Init+1; Perc-2)<

"You're sold out too? You'd think in a place called "Bazaar of 'Sails' I'd be able to find some fabric!" Dovak sighs dejectedly as he walks out the door and looks to the sky. Well, on to the next one... but first I'm going to get some cool tea. It's sweltering out here in this. Dovak wanders back to through the bazaar to a tea shop a few stalls down from the famous Burgstem's Assorted Acedemicals. "Hello ma'am, could I get a cup of cool tea?" he asks.
The counterwoman gives him a look much colder than any tea she might serve. "Call me ma'am again and you'll get a black eye. I'm 'Miss Elliot,' and that'll be 3 copper."
Dovak fishes some coins from his pocket and drops them on the counter. "My apologies, ma... Miss Elliot." he replies, then takes a seat in the shade of the stand's awning to watch the passers-by for a few minutes.


Female Gnomish Bard 1 [ HP 9/9 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 12 FF 14 | Fort +1* Ref +3* Will +3* | CMD 9 | Init +3 Perc +7 | Effects: none ]

Growing bored with the displays in this portion of the market, the little gnome of the near-collision begins singing to herself in Gnomish. Though she begins quietly, she notices that others seem to be enjoying the song, and raises her volume accordingly, maintaining the same sweet voice all the while.

Gnomish:

Oh, yum diddy dee,
I'm a gnome so free;
Wandering round in a market-- Whee!

Oh, yum diddy dorf,
Is that really a dwarf;
Hauling a crate on that narrow wharf?

Oh yum, dee, diddy doo
I'm so happy; why aren't you?
It's sunny and the sky is blue,


Elvish:

You elves should be happy, too!

The last line of her song, while masterfully rhymed and sweetly sung, seems to draw a few haughty glares from some nearby elves. She smiles, waves at them, and skips on down the street, humming cheerfully.

Dice:

1d6 ⇒ 2
Perform (sing)1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Male Aasimar Paladin (Sacred Servant) 1 > HP 13/13, 12/13 NL; AC 16 (T11/F15); F:+4,R:+1,W:+0; Init+1; Perc-2)<

"Hello there, little singer! Seems you're more than just an obstacle!" Dovak calls out to the gnome he almost tripped over previously. "Come have a cup of tea, with all that singing you must be parched." More quietly he says

Elvish:
"The elves probably just don't enjoy singing that isn't in Elvish, but I thought it was pleasant, even if I didn't understand the content."


Male Human Rogue 1

Anosten makes his way through the market place occasionally bumping into people and relieving them of their purses. He bumps into a man in armor speaking to a gnome. Pardon my clumsiness milord. He starts to grab his purse then stops leaving it alone.That one looks to be one best left alone.


Female Gnomish Bard 1 [ HP 9/9 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 12 FF 14 | Fort +1* Ref +3* Will +3* | CMD 9 | Init +3 Perc +7 | Effects: none ]

Anosten:
Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 vs your Stealth or Sleight of Hand to notice the aborted attempt.

The gnome giggles at Dovak's last statement, and replies a bit more loudly than necessary,

in Elvish:
"Yes, elves are wonderful folk, but they can be quite stuffy at times!"

She winks conspiratorially at him, and switches back to Common. "I do love a cup of good tea! My mother makes the most delicious tea out of Snurkin's Fist and Bordik root, but this year she wasn't able to make it because of the bugs that've been eating the Bordik plants. We even tried scaring them away with magic, but they wouldn't leave!"

She pauses for breath.


Male Human Rogue 1

Zirt:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10Either,same mod.

Anosten gives the gnome a sidelong glance as he walks past.


Female Gnomish Bard 1 [ HP 9/9 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 12 FF 14 | Fort +1* Ref +3* Will +3* | CMD 9 | Init +3 Perc +7 | Effects: none ]

Just as she's getting ready to launch back into tales of her mother's tea, the gnome cocks her head to one side and looks meaningfully at the human who just walked past. Raising one little gnomish finger, she points at him and begins moving her mouth silently.

Anosten:

You hear her voice softly, as if whispering in your ear: "You shouldn't take things that don't belong to you. Didn't your parents teach you that?"

Perception DC 25:

The gnome whispers to nobody in particular: "You shouldn't take things that don't belong to you. Didn't your parents teach you that?"


Male Human Rogue 1

As Anosten walks away, he hesitates mid-stride, then glances over his shoulder. There is a twinkle in his eyes as he raises his empty hands, palms out. A second later he disappears into the crowds of people.


Female Gnomish Bard 1 [ HP 9/9 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 12 FF 14 | Fort +1* Ref +3* Will +3* | CMD 9 | Init +3 Perc +7 | Effects: none ]

Zirt smiles happily and skips over to the tea booth to join the fancy-looking man offering her tea.


Cyniq shows some interest that the man i snot only a professor, but likes books too!

"Grisham? Isn't he a barrister?"


Male Aasimar Paladin (Sacred Servant) 1 > HP 13/13, 12/13 NL; AC 16 (T11/F15); F:+4,R:+1,W:+0; Init+1; Perc-2)<

Quickly, before the gnome begins speaking again, Dovak gets out "Sure is busy here, eh? The crowds are atrocious. Bumping into people left and right; it's like the bugs on your mother's plants... Burdoc root was it?--anyway, it's just crazy out here." He stops talking and sips from the tea in front of him. As he does so, a contented look comes over his face.


Female Gnomish Bard 1 [ HP 9/9 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 12 FF 14 | Fort +1* Ref +3* Will +3* | CMD 9 | Init +3 Perc +7 | Effects: none ]

Zirt looks longingly at Dovak's tea, and shakes her head with a giggle at his reference to Burdoc root. "No, no, no... Bordik root. Two completely different plants, and if you ever mix the two up you'll sure know it in the morning! One of my cousin's sisters once did that, she went out collecting herbs without the teachers and came back with a big basket of Burdoc, insisting it was Bordik, and we tried to tell her it wasn't but she wouldn't listen. Heehee, oh but it was funny to see her running around with such unnaturally purple skin the next day! Everyone laughed for weeks."


Overhearing Dovak's comments about the busy crowds the tea server, a thin middle aged human male with a goatee and thinning long dark hair pulled back into a pony tail, chuckles.

"The bazaar really is a unique place. An interesting blend of many flavors drawn from all of Golarion. They sometimes say if you're looking for something you will find it here; if you're not looking for something, it will find you here." He winks and turns around to pick up a kettle that has just started to whistle and turns back to Zirt and Dovak.

Turning back, he smiles at Zirt. "Now, since you've mentioned the differences between burdoc and bordik, pardon my eavesdropping, I think I will trust your evaluation of a house experiment I've been working on. A sort of autumn blend." He says as he pulls a small envelope from his apron and taps out some leaves and spices into two tea infusers and pours the boiling water into three cups.

Looking up at Dovak again "I'll probably disregard your opinion but I guess I'm just feeling hospitable or something today."

The water turns a bright orange as the tea steeps and the man purses his lips to one side. "We'll give it just a few moments... I don't quite know if I like the color but I'm very fond of the scent and the flavor." The delightful fragrance of rich spices fill your noses as the color continues to become more opaque.

"Ok, that should do it." He says removing the infuser from one cup and setting it aside. He picks up the cup, holds it to his nose for a quick sniff then takes a sip. "Mmmm. This one turned out very nicely..."


Male Human Fighter (Tactician 17/Champion 10) [ HP 340/340 | AC 38 Tch 26 FF 33 | Fort +25 Ref +19 Will +21 | CMD 47 | Init +22 Perc +31 | Effects: ]

"I believe so, a man of many talents to be sure. I found his work on cultural and spiritual law to be quite enlightening. There re times I wished the man did not fancy himself a poet as well though. It make writing down the titles of his work a remarkable chore. I was working with a couple of lads back in Korvosa on a paper about Palanar Motility and thanks to his works the sources list was about half as long as the paper itself," he paused, remembering himself. Even in his youth Hiram had already begun developing the rambling habits of academics three times his age.

"You'll have to pardon me, I'm certain a young lady such as yourself doesn't want to hear a stranger prattle on about the trials and tribulations of College life." He did not add that he had to seriously wound two bravos hired by the opponents of that paper before they backed off and allowed the work to disprove some of the theories that had been previously established.


Female Gnome Cleric / 1

Willow continues her little shopping trip, picking up some odds and ends that could be useful.


"I doubt there'd be much difference in genre's from a discussion of the application and contribution of tax policy to the breakup of the old Chelaxian Empire."

Peaking over his shoulder, she looks at his list, "I thought those were stories of fiction."


Male Aasimar Paladin (Sacred Servant) 1 > HP 13/13, 12/13 NL; AC 16 (T11/F15); F:+4,R:+1,W:+0; Init+1; Perc-2)<

Dovak looks at the steaming hot tea and cringes momentarily before the scent reaches his nose. "Hmm, smells pleasant, even for hot tea on a day like this." He takes the cup carefully in his hand and blows thrice, really having no effect on the tea's heat, before taking a sip. He smacks his lips a bit, then ponders... "I think you're right, you'll probably disregard my opinion." he says simply, and sets down the herbal blend to return to his cool cup.


Male Human Rogue 1

Anosten continues through the bazaar, though the gnomes actions pick at him. Maybe I'm losing my edge, I must be tired or lax from a lack of adventure. Maybe I need to get out of the city for a while. Unknowingly he wends his way through the bazaar, ending up back by the tea house. He notices the Paladin and Gnome having tea and slip in to a table far enough away to be unnoticed, but close enough to eavesdrop.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


I can just now picture Anosten sneaking like inspector clouseau...


Male Human Rogue 1

;)


Female Gnomish Bard 1 [ HP 9/9 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 12 FF 14 | Fort +1* Ref +3* Will +3* | CMD 9 | Init +3 Perc +7 | Effects: none ]

Anosten:
Man, your rolls have been rather unfortunate lately. I feel for you.

Perception, -5 for distractedness: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 5 = 19

Zirt stares wide-eyed at the man during his mysterious pronouncement; what excitement might find her here? She squeals with glee when he mentions his experiment, and waits a bit impatiently for the tea to be ready.

When it is, she removes the infuser as carefully as he did, setting it aside, and inhales the aroma in a long breath. "Hmm... I can normally tell exactly what's in a tea just by smelling it, but with this one I can't! I think there's mint... is there mint? Oh, but it does smell wonderful, whatever it is, and it's the color of my grandfather's dog... such a pretty dog!"

She stops talking and takes a careful sip of the hot beverage, savoring it for a long moment before swallowing. She takes a deep breath, staring down into the cup with a look of clear astonishment on her face. "Why... that's simply marvelous! Marvelous! I can't even begin to guess what's in there, but it's wonderful! I would have almost sworn that there was mint in there before tasting it, if I swore, you know, which I don't because my dear mother forbids it. But tasting it, I'm not even sure anymore... it's not cinnamon, or even that other one, umm... Karzni leaf, which always tastes weird when my mother puts it in teas, but this isn't like that, it's... it's... I don't know what could make a flavor like this! What's in it, and where do you go to pick the herbs in a big city like this? And how did you come up with the blend? I would've given a lot for a nice tea like this on the way here all the way from Whistledown... all we had was plain Quoron, which might as well be grass tea, you know."

She sips at the tea, a look of utter delight on her face.

Dice:

Knowledge (nature) to identify ingredients by smell: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Knowledge (nature) to identify ingredients by taste: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Male Human Fighter (Tactician 17/Champion 10) [ HP 340/340 | AC 38 Tch 26 FF 33 | Fort +25 Ref +19 Will +21 | CMD 47 | Init +22 Perc +31 | Effects: ]

"Nothing of the sort. My patron has me researching a wide range of topics for the sake of his various projects. He has an expansive private reference library but there are holes in every collection. I had hoped your local university would be willing to help but they had me more lost than you did." He paused.

"If you're looking into Old Cheliax, I might be of some help..."

Knowledge (History) to remember specific details about the Cheliaxian Empire's history (DC 20) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

After a moment, Hiram furrows his brow, "Ah, it was on the tip of my tongue, sorry."


Male Aasimar Paladin (Sacred Servant) 1 > HP 13/13, 12/13 NL; AC 16 (T11/F15); F:+4,R:+1,W:+0; Init+1; Perc-2)<

Dovak finishes his cool tea, and eyes the cup of autumn blend suspiciously. He looks at the gnome seated next to him and asks "Do you know of any good places in this market to pick up some cloth? I've been to four shops already; it's like every ship in port is making a new sail from cloth for clothing!"


Female Gnomish Bard 1 [ HP 9/9 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 12 FF 14 | Fort +1* Ref +3* Will +3* | CMD 9 | Init +3 Perc +7 | Effects: none ]

Between sips of tea, the gnome answers: "Hmm... well, I did do some wandering earlier, just looking around at all the things, you know... let me think..."

She frowns for a moment, thinking very hard.

"Oh! I think I did see some! It was just down the street near the part where they have all the trinkets and things that don't seem to serve any real purpose but are pretty. Not that I'm saying cloth is like that, cloth is really useful and you can do a lot of things with it. One time... anyway, I think I can take you there if you like, just as soon as I finish my tea and this nice man answers all my questions about it!"

Dice:
Knowledge (local) DC... 15?ish? to know where to buy cloth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 (sweet!)


At the teahouse

As Zirt delights in the tea and fills the conversation with questions about the contents, the vendor smiles and chuckles. With a wink he says Well, I'm not ready to reveal my secrets just yet, friend. I've always admired the playful curiosity of gnomes. Your ability to reverse engineer and re-engineer is both inspiring and frightening. He offers another cup before looking to Dovak.

And you, my pious patron, I'll not hold your poor taste against you or take it personally he jests. Cloth purchase might be tricky right now as you've already observed. There is a naval festival in a few days and many merchant captains in port are scrambling to outfit their ships with custom flags, decorative sails, having new crew uniforms created. Anything to out peacock their colleagues and rivals. Prices are going to be higher than usual but I do have a friend who may be of assistance if you're willing to run a few errands for me.

He looks up as Anosten glides toward a corner table and sits on an unstable stool causing the feet to shift and bang on the floor. Hello there, feel free to sit at the bar here and save me a few steps to fill your cup. I'm afraid the onset of this fall weather is already wreaking havoc on my back and knees. He motions to an open stool closer to where he keeps several kettles of water hoisted over small flames allowing them to be warm but not yet boiling.

More from the bookstore and Willow's wanderings to come


Female Gnomish Bard 1 [ HP 9/9 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 12 FF 14 | Fort +1* Ref +3* Will +3* | CMD 9 | Init +3 Perc +7 | Effects: none ]

"Oh." Zirt frowns at the man and looks extremely disappointed. Her disappointment doesn't prevent her from accepting the second cup, inhaling the aroma once again, and then sipping from it with a look of utter delight on her face.

She perks up when he mentions the errands, and again when he addresses the new arrival. Jumping up, she slides her latest cup of the autumn blend down the bar to the stool beside her, and says, "Oh! Do come over and try this! It's simply delicious, and I can't seem to figure out what all's in it, so maybe you can help!"

DM:
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 to look extremely disappointed...
Knowledge (nature) to try (once again) to figure out what's in it: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Male Aasimar Paladin (Sacred Servant) 1 > HP 13/13, 12/13 NL; AC 16 (T11/F15); F:+4,R:+1,W:+0; Init+1; Perc-2)<

Dovak sighs and looks up at the sky momentarily. "Since it seems to be a way to get Iomedae's will done for the day, I'd be happy to help with your errands."


Male Human Rogue 1

Anosten accepts the cup reluctantly. He sniffs at it, looks in the cup, then shrugs his shoulders and takes a drink. Hmm, not bad I suppose, though I prefer something a little stronger. My name is Anosten, by the way.


Female Gnomish Bard 1 [ HP 9/9 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 12 FF 14 | Fort +1* Ref +3* Will +3* | CMD 9 | Init +3 Perc +7 | Effects: none ]

"I'm Zirt! It's nice to meet you. Of course, Zirt isn't really my full name, but people who aren't gnomes usually can't pronounce the full one and sometimes even other gnomes can't, so I just say it's Zirt. I like the tea a lot, but the man won't tell me what's in it! I don't suppose you were able to tell?"

As if struck by a sudden thought, she jerks her head around toward the tea man. "Do you have errands enough for me too, and then will you tell me what's in the tea and maybe even give me some to take with me for when I go start lessons with my uncle?"

Dice:
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Male Aasimar Paladin (Sacred Servant) 1 > HP 13/13, 12/13 NL; AC 16 (T11/F15); F:+4,R:+1,W:+0; Init+1; Perc-2)<

"Well met Anosten. I am Dovak, servant of Iomedae." says the armored man as he stands up and offers his hand for a handshake.


Male Human Rogue 1

Well met to both of you. Indeed I cannot tell what is in the tea. Not reallly much of a tea drinker.


== Teahouse ==
The tea vendor smiles and chuckles. Ah yes, I'm sure I can find a few errands for you too, my little friend. If all goes well, we'll see about some samples and perhaps a brewing lesson.

He wipes his hands on his apron and introduces himself. I'm Gerauth. He extends a hand to Zirt, Anosten and Dovak in turn. He tilts his head toward the kettles behind him. I brew tea... mostly. He reaches in his apron and pulls out a folded piece of paper and a writing instrument. First I need you to visit Burgstem's Assorted Acedemicals to exchange some research material for me... he says before tapering off mumbling to himself as he writes. After several minutes of writing he stops and says that'll do for now, I think. He sets the paper on the counter disappears below teh counter as you hear him moving crates around and rifling through papers. He stands up and produces four heavy tomes, several mid-sized boxes, presumably containing tea, and two large sacks of what might be laundry.

Okay ... start with Burgstem's, it's across the street drop these off with my thanks to Zeke and pick up the books he's holding for me. Then I have several tea deliveries and I'll need you to pick up some other supplies. Along the way, you can talk to Crusel about your red fabric. He nods at Dovak.

Gerauth looks to Hiram and says Oh, I just realized you're a new acquaintance but in my excitement I included tasks for three people. It's up to you, I suppose but I can pass along some coin if that's what interests you.

== Bookstore ==
The door chimes sound as a tall human and a halfling walk into the store. The human nods at Cyniq and Hiram as he walks in and approaches the front counter. The halfling grabs a random book and begins thumbing through it.

That time again, I suppose... We really should stop meeting like this. Zeke says as he fumbles around in his desk for a moment. He produces a small grey pouch and puts it on the desk with the familiar sound of coins jingling inside.

Hey, my friend, you can cancel your arrangement anytime. Chids the human as he picks up the pouch and drops it into a messenger style bag slung over his shoulder.

Yeah yeah... send my regards to the Princess. Zeke says waiving his hand dismissively.

Will do, my friend. He knocks on Zeke's desk and the two turn to exit the store.

== Willow ==
You find yourself at a kiosk containing a strange assortment of decorative stones, scraps of animal hide, tufts of fur, claws and horns of various sizes and whiskers. The purveyor is a very old unkempt man who makes it no secret that he's watching you very closely, his brow furled.

As you're examining some of the goods you're suddenly bumped heavily from behind and nearly lose your balance. You turn to see a human hurrying past you, his eyes focused on something on the other side of the street. Watch yourself, kid. he growls over his shoulder as he continues on his way.


Male Aasimar Paladin (Sacred Servant) 1 > HP 13/13, 12/13 NL; AC 16 (T11/F15); F:+4,R:+1,W:+0; Init+1; Perc-2)<

"Happy to be of service." Dovak responds as he begins picking up the heavy books. "A little bit of simple, honest work is good for the soul. Zirt, why don't you grab those boxes of tea; maybe you'll work out what's in them by smell as we walk. We'll come back for the two bags with the books, unless you want to carry them Anosten?" Dovak seems cheered by the simple task placed before him, and the solution to the problem he was having.


Waiting until after the bruiser leaves, "One of these days someone is going to have to do something about that."

Sighing she turns and looks to Zeke, "what do I owe you for these two?" She holds up the book she had ordered and another that caught her fancy while she was browsing through the shop.

1 to 50 of 380 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Good Morning, Magnimar All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.