Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

GM RePete's Twisted Circle

Game Master RePete

Maps/Handouts

Tier 4-5


1 to 50 of 172 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Those chosen can secret squirrel dot here. That is done by posting...something. Then delete your post after it appears.

Silver Crusade

Spells -/4 | Fervor 3/3 | Blessings 4/4 | Inspired | GM Reroll +1 | HP 21/21 | AC 17 (T 13 FF 14) | Init +1 | Perception +1 | Saves 5/4/6 | CMD 16 | 3 Warpriest of Erastil | Human Male

Jiggo continues his prayers to Erastil. What happened to that woman? Was she really the demon that paladin was hunting? Is that why she left?

Oh well, another day. Another mission for the Pathfinder Society. He uses his staff to stand up.

Scarab Sages

Male Halfelf - Skald 4 - AC19/T14/F14/CMD14 |HP 31/31 | Fort:+5;Ref:+4;Will+4 |Percept.+6 | Init.+4 | { }12 (0/15 song used) { }

A half-elf garbed in new adventuring gear, or fresh oil on his weapons, stands waiting for the briefing.

"I am Omar Posada, Skald and Society reporting.

He leans his bec de corbin in the corner and inspects his lute while waiting for others to arrive.

Dark Archive

Male Human M Human Sorcerer (Infernal Bloodline) 1 [HP 5/8, AC 12 /ff 10 /t 12, Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +2, Init +3, Per 0, Spd 30'

A darkly handsome supremely, far-to-confident for his experience man walks in.

"Am I not the last one here? Bother. That means I have to wait. I do so hate waiting."

He flops down indolently, not bothering to hide his annoyance.

Silver Crusade

Human Fighter 2 | HP: 19/20 | AC:18/20 T:14 FF:14/16 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | Saves F:5 R:4 W:2 | Init:5 | Per:2 | [ooc][/ooc]

A man walks into the room, clearly presenting himself as a warrior of some kind. He dons a Chain shirt, a mask and hood covers majority of his face, leaving only his eyes visible. Pausing upon entry his eyes scan the room in a judging manner, but he speaks none.

He walks around to find a seat, revealing the rest of his belongings. On his persons, he has two kukris, sheathed behind a round shield held on his back. As well as a small bag with the rest of his belongings.

He speaks in a deep and gruff voice, "So, it seems the society would require my services once more. I am Azrael."

Liberty's Edge

Male Tengu Vigilante 4| HP 31/31** | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +2**, R +8, W +5 | Init +4 | Per +10

A brash young tengu staggers into the room, dressed in a liberally stained outfit of colors that clash so much you're surprised you couldn't hear him coming.

He looks around, visibly counting I'm Raijan, 3...4... and hey, I'm not last either!

Silver Crusade

Spells -/4 | Fervor 3/3 | Blessings 4/4 | Inspired | GM Reroll +1 | HP 21/21 | AC 17 (T 13 FF 14) | Init +1 | Perception +1 | Saves 5/4/6 | CMD 16 | 3 Warpriest of Erastil | Human Male

"They do say slow and steady wins the race, friends!" Jiggo stands up and shakes the hands of the newcomers. "I'm Jiggo Maelerant. I'll try to help you with anything I can."

Grand Lodge

TN Isgeri Sorcerer 3 | Mods: Barbed Vest (removed), (Mage Armor <1hr), +4 Diplomacy in Mercy | HP: 26/26 | AC 10 (14), Tch 10, FF 10 (14) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +4 | Speed 30ft | Warp Touch: 7/7 | Spells 1st: 6/6 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Init: +0

A cloaked figure steps into the room, pulls back his hood and a male human gives a beaming smile to everyone. Supremely confident and experienced ;) he greats everyone, ”Hello everyone, I am John Carlos. Pleased to make your acquaintance.”

He removes his crimson cloak and underneath you see an odd vest with small leather flaps sewn onto it. Setting his loaded backpack down he offers handshakes to all, ”did I miss the briefing?”

Grand Lodge

HP 49/49| Init +2; Perc +1*| AC 22(27), T 12, FF 20(25), CMD 20(25)(29 vs bull rush and trip, 34 w/ shield)Fort +6*, Ref +3*, Will +2*

A dwarf comes bobbing up in heavy plate, carrying a well used towershield. A warhammer hanging off his belt.

He wears a bandolier, with multiple flasks hanging off of it. One with a label on each for its purpose.

"Hello lot, I am Thrugg. Soldier and Agent of the Society."

Silver Crusade

Human Fighter 2 | HP: 19/20 | AC:18/20 T:14 FF:14/16 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | Saves F:5 R:4 W:2 | Init:5 | Per:2 | [ooc][/ooc]

Azrael returns the greetings to the fellow members.Then he withdraws a thin ruggedly carved piece of black wood, and holds it out. "It would greatly please me if someone could come to my aid in need, I am not skilled in the art of magic."

Gladly appreciate if someone could hold my wand of CLWs for me.


You find yourselves sitting in the basement of the Winding Road inn of Katapesh. As you file in one by one and introduce yourselves, there seems to be no sign of the Venture-Captain that summoned you. As time winds on, you begin to wonder if you misread the invite. Were you supposed to go to a different lodge? Razka stands up, turns to you and states "That's enough waiting for me. I have other places to be." and leaves.

A few minutes later, a man walks in, holding a large stick. He wears a green vest and an oversized safari hat. As he nods to each of you in turn, his marvelous gray beard waves a bit, as if to say hello. Taking his place at the desk before you, he begins to sort through the stacks of papers and journals that nearly reach the ceiling.

A few more minutes pass before Venture-Captain Roderus glances up from his work. “Welcome, Pathfinders. I hope your journey here was not too arduous. I have a fascinating assignment for you.” He plucks a single sheet of paper from the middle pile on his desk. “This is a letter from the Osiriani investigator Amenira, who works with the Temple of the All-Seeing Eye. Mercy, the town she mentions in her reports, wasn’t even on our map until now. It’s a small settlement out in the Mana Wastes. Magic is unpredictable out in the Wastes, and it sometimes coalesces into deadly storms. People in Alkenstar reported seeing one of these magical disturbances heading in the direction of Mercy, but the town weathered the fearsome storm without so much as a scratch.”

If you worship Nethys, this DC is only 10. He hands you the player handout in the link above - Slide 1

K Religion DC 15:

You know the Temple of the All-Seeing Eye is the most prominent temple of Nethys, god of magic.

Pausing a moment, to allow you to skim the document, he clears his throat. “One of my contacts at the temple received this missive from her four months ago, and he hasn’t heard anything from her since. I’m sending you to Mercy to figure out why. If she’s still there, ask her why she hasn’t contacted anyone in months and help her finish her investigation; if she isn’t, find out what happened to her."

"While you are there, see how much of the mystery of Mercy you can unravel. Several of the clergy within the temple are intensely curious about why the mana storm didn’t level the town, and so am I. I will gladly provide you with additional pay for the information that you retrieve. I’ve booked a ship to the city of Alkenstar, which is a few days’ journey from Mercy itself. The ship departs in three hours. If you have any questions, ask them now. You’ll have time to purchase supplies when you arrive.”

There are no further knowledge checks to be made currently. When you depart, I will have some for you in spoilers. This doesn't mean you can't roll more knowledge checks now, just means I'll have to us my GM skills to find you suitable responses. :-P

Feel free to ask the VC questions at this time

Scarab Sages

Male Halfelf - Skald 4 - AC19/T14/F14/CMD14 |HP 31/31 | Fort:+5;Ref:+4;Will+4 |Percept.+6 | Init.+4 | { }12 (0/15 song used) { }

Omar offers to carry the wand for Azrael.

Hopefully, we will not need to use them much, and we are hurting the bad guys more than they are hurting us.

He turns to listen to the briefing.

bardic kn:rel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Not that I mind going, or a chance for the adventure, but do you not have any other way to use magic to scry the Temple of the All-Seeing Eye?

Silver Crusade

Human Fighter 2 | HP: 19/20 | AC:18/20 T:14 FF:14/16 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | Saves F:5 R:4 W:2 | Init:5 | Per:2 | [ooc][/ooc]

Azrael thanks Omar before turning to the venture captain enquiring more about the situation at hand. "Are there any suspicions or leads so far about the matter? Or are we to going in cold?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Tengu Vigilante 4| HP 31/31** | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +2**, R +8, W +5 | Init +4 | Per +10

Raijan skims the letter briefly, So infiltrating a weaver... a conflict between the carpenters and the blacksmiths... are these codenames or remarkably interesting trade guilds?

Silver Crusade

Spells -/4 | Fervor 3/3 | Blessings 4/4 | Inspired | GM Reroll +1 | HP 21/21 | AC 17 (T 13 FF 14) | Init +1 | Perception +1 | Saves 5/4/6 | CMD 16 | 3 Warpriest of Erastil | Human Male

Jiggo scratches his head.
Knowledge(Religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Quite a feat, due to his mop of hair. "It's certainly worth a look. We may have a missing persons case."

Grand Lodge

TN Isgeri Sorcerer 3 | Mods: Barbed Vest (removed), (Mage Armor <1hr), +4 Diplomacy in Mercy | HP: 26/26 | AC 10 (14), Tch 10, FF 10 (14) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +4 | Speed 30ft | Warp Touch: 7/7 | Spells 1st: 6/6 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Init: +0

John greets Thrugg as he walks in and comments on the flasks, "ooh excellent, a well organized collection! I also label my scrolls for quick access." He pats a sturdy case at his side.

John looks at the group for a response to the wand question and when Omar offers he adds nothing else.

As the disorganized V.C. enters he keeps a practiced smile on his face, no reason to show annoyance, keep this professional.

As the questions start drifting in John only thinks of one more to add. "Venture-Captain Roderus, what sort of dangers may we face traveling to Mercy and could you tell us a bit more about mana storms and the unpredictability of magic in the wastes? If it might effect what I can do, I certainly wish to have a heads up."

K: Arcana about mana wastes and mana storms: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

His only break in composure was when Jiggo mentions a missing person's case. He mumbles under his breath, "hope it goes better than the last one..."

Grand Lodge

HP 49/49| Init +2; Perc +1*| AC 22(27), T 12, FF 20(25), CMD 20(25)(29 vs bull rush and trip, 34 w/ shield)Fort +6*, Ref +3*, Will +2*

"I reckon it would be some strong magic to split a storm. Weather or otherwise. We should be careful friends."

Looking towards the Captain, "Sir, do you know of a artifact that can split a storm as so."


With an amused smile, the man replies. "The temple is not the mission sir."

“The town of Mercy is a small town roughly twenty miles south of Alkenstar. Ask around when you arrive in Alkenstar, and I’m certain you’ll find someone who knows more about it than I do. However, I would suspect they 'carpenters' and 'blacksmiths' mentioned in the report are so called because of their professional skills."

“The 'Mana Wastes' is a dangerous place, particularly the farther you stray from pockets of civilization. The war between Geb and Nex millennia ago devastated the land, physically and metaphysically, and the scars linger to this day. Expect areas where magic doesn’t work or becomes unpredictable. Clouds of poison and storms of terrible power erupt spontaneously. There are mutated creatures, undead horror, and monstrous scavengers, among other things. Use your best judgment, be ready for danger, and don’t go wandering off into the Wastes more than absolutely necessary.”

"Unfortunately, I do not know much more than that, aside from some historical information. To my knowledge, there are no artifacts that could cause such a phenomenon, though it is possible. I personally have never experienced such a storm. I've only seen some of the after affects and they can be....quite devastating to say the least."

John:

A war utilizing rather potent magic ruined the region. Some areas are so devoid of magic, it's incapable of working, while others cause violent explosions of primal energies with even mundane spells.

The storms tend to be massive, unpredictable fronts of primal energies.

Feel free to finish up any questions with Venture-Captain Roderus before the following

"I look forward to hearing your report! Be careful out there and do try not to offend the townsfolk. Remember to explore, report and cooperate!" calls out Roderus as he sends you off to meet with the chartered ship.

The ship travels down the coast of the Obari Ocean, tacks northwest up the Elemion River, then sails south down the Ustradi River, finally stopping at the city of Alkenstar. It docks slightly short of a five-hundred-foot-tall waterfall in the middle of the city, where southbound ships painstakingly ride a winding elevator to the river above. Nearby, carriages wait to lead passengers into the smog-covered city.

Diplomacy (Gather Info)/K Local DC 15+:
Mercy is located a little over 20 miles south of Alkenstar. The people there worship an obscure nature deity. Rumors speak of a vampire who occasionally hunts travelers along the road.

Diplomacy (Gather Info)/K Local DC 20+:
The people of Mercy have a reputation for being insular and extremely devout to their god Robori. The town has rigid, inflexible rules, but the quality of its harvests encourages traders to occasionally stop by the town to purchase produce.

Diplomacy (Gather Info)/K Local DC 25+:
For the past year, an Osiriani woman from Mercy named Amenira came to Alkenstar every month. She traded for supplies and sent large collections of letters before returning to Mercy.

You are free to make any purchases you feel you need while in Alkenstar. Once you leave, goods will be less available.

Silver Crusade

Spells -/4 | Fervor 3/3 | Blessings 4/4 | Inspired | GM Reroll +1 | HP 21/21 | AC 17 (T 13 FF 14) | Init +1 | Perception +1 | Saves 5/4/6 | CMD 16 | 3 Warpriest of Erastil | Human Male

Knowledge(Religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Jiggo is in good spirits as he heads to Alkenstar.
No purchases for me, I need to save up my money for later!

Liberty's Edge

Male Tengu Vigilante 4| HP 31/31** | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +2**, R +8, W +5 | Init +4 | Per +10

No shopping for Raijan
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Raijan goes out carousing with some locals, and comes back with a fairly detailed cloud of gloom about Mercy. Parentheticals indicate his habit of interrupting himself as well as where I'm interjecting his own pessimistic guesses.

Mercy should be lots of fun. It's got a lot of my favorite things: they worship Robori, an obscure nature deity (probably some humanoid sacrifice), they have a lot of rules that they follow rigidly (probably how they pick their humanoid sacrifices when outsiders like us aren't around), and there's apparently a vampire that hunts travelers along the road (best case scenario: it's what they blame for their humanoid sacrifices. Worst case: it's a real vampire. Actual worst case: we get there and Sheila Hedmarch has an extra job for us.)

Grand Lodge

TN Isgeri Sorcerer 3 | Mods: Barbed Vest (removed), (Mage Armor <1hr), +4 Diplomacy in Mercy | HP: 26/26 | AC 10 (14), Tch 10, FF 10 (14) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +4 | Speed 30ft | Warp Touch: 7/7 | Spells 1st: 6/6 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Init: +0

As they wander the city gathering goods, John turns on his charm and digs for any intel on Mercy.

Diplomacy to Gather Information: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33 for 1d4 ⇒ 1 hours.

His charm leading him to the right shop he adds, ”this merchant actually knows Amenira. Seems she traveled here monthly to get supplies and send her findings to the society. I wasn’t able to get anything else though.”

I’m guessing there is no other info to be found here so I won’t waste more time, even with a check that high. John will also purchase 4 alkali flasks (60g) and two holy waters (50g).

If asked he just says, ”I probably can’t charm a storm yet and should have backup options if my magic fizzles.”

Silver Crusade

Human Fighter 2 | HP: 19/20 | AC:18/20 T:14 FF:14/16 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | Saves F:5 R:4 W:2 | Init:5 | Per:2 | [ooc][/ooc]

Azrael shall purchase 2 alchemist fire and 2 holy waters.

Azrael is a quiet man, and follows along and listens in as the group investigates further."Sounds like fun already."

Throughout the journey, he will hold on to his shield, keeping a high guard should anything out of the ordinary occur.

Scarab Sages

Male Halfelf - Skald 4 - AC19/T14/F14/CMD14 |HP 31/31 | Fort:+5;Ref:+4;Will+4 |Percept.+6 | Init.+4 | { }12 (0/15 song used) { }

No shopping for Omar

Omar nods with a grin to John Carlos.

Strong work! That is impressive to uncover that much information in a strange town so quickly. Should we follow this lead to Amenira?

Grand Lodge

HP 49/49| Init +2; Perc +1*| AC 22(27), T 12, FF 20(25), CMD 20(25)(29 vs bull rush and trip, 34 w/ shield)Fort +6*, Ref +3*, Will +2*

Thrugg goes along with the others, not buying anything, just enjoying the company of others.

Grand Lodge

TN Isgeri Sorcerer 3 | Mods: Barbed Vest (removed), (Mage Armor <1hr), +4 Diplomacy in Mercy | HP: 26/26 | AC 10 (14), Tch 10, FF 10 (14) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +4 | Speed 30ft | Warp Touch: 7/7 | Spells 1st: 6/6 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Init: +0

John smiles at Omar, "well, Raijin did the hard work figuring out the dangers we might face. But I think between our charm and y'all's martial prowess we'll prolly have this thing solved by nightfall!"

I laughed out loud when I read the Sheila Heidmarch comment, nicely put. :D


The dirt road toward Mercy winds through rocky, tree-lined hills. Sporadic clearings occur where large sections of trees have been destroyed or damaged. Some are only missing a few branches, while others have been split almost in half vertically or chopped down to a short stump. The exposed wood is black and perfectly smooth. One such clearing reveals the opening of a narrow cave in the hillside. The trail splits, leading both into the cave and off to the north. With the amount of damage around you, the region seems to be lacking in debris.

K Nature DC 15:

You recognize the dark sheen to the bark is burnt sap

Perceptions:

Jiggo: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
Azrael: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
John: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
Thrugg: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Raijann/TTS: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Omar: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Initiatives:

Jiggo: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Azrael: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
John: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
Thrugg: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Raijan/TTS: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Omar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
=============================
Foes: 1d20 ⇒ 11


GM Screen:

?: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6

As you continue on, you suddenly here a strange noise coming from the rocks in front of you. Two arrows sail your way, one from above, the other from in front. "Kíinsik le ti' tuláakal!"

Gnoll:

"Kill them! Kill them all!"

The first arrow sails high over you, slamming into the steep slope behind. The other buries itself in the dirt, several feet in front of Omar.
Arrow vs Thrugg FF: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Arrow vs Omar FF: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Glancing up towards the projectiles origin, you spy mutated gnolls, grinning broadly. A large, misshaped arm hangs from their right side. Beside each of the beasts prances about next to each, barely containing itself in anticipation.

Round 1:
Azrael
Omar
Jiggo
John

Foes
Raijan
Thrugg

Combat Starting: Surprise Rnd Arrows shot at you. Azrael/Omar/Jiggo/John Up

Grand Lodge

TN Isgeri Sorcerer 3 | Mods: Barbed Vest (removed), (Mage Armor <1hr), +4 Diplomacy in Mercy | HP: 26/26 | AC 10 (14), Tch 10, FF 10 (14) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +4 | Speed 30ft | Warp Touch: 7/7 | Spells 1st: 6/6 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Init: +0

John quickly draws a large circle in the air between the enemies and himself and says, "Shield!" He whips out a small stick from his belt and steps back to try to provide a little cover to at least one of his allies.

5 ft step, Standard to Cast "Shield" and Move to draw wand of Mage Armor.

Silver Crusade

Spells -/4 | Fervor 3/3 | Blessings 4/4 | Inspired | GM Reroll +1 | HP 21/21 | AC 17 (T 13 FF 14) | Init +1 | Perception +1 | Saves 5/4/6 | CMD 16 | 3 Warpriest of Erastil | Human Male

"Huh, this is a fun hike." Jiggo moves briskly. "But you can't be too carefree. Who knows when bandits will lay in amb-"

Jiggo sees an arrow thud nearby and spots the Gnolls.

"ush. Looks like we're under attack!" Jiggo casts Shield of Faith to protect himself before carefully approaching one of the gnolls.

Silver Crusade

Human Fighter 2 | HP: 19/20 | AC:18/20 T:14 FF:14/16 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | Saves F:5 R:4 W:2 | Init:5 | Per:2 | [ooc][/ooc]

Azrael speaks none of the attack but reacts quickly, as one would expect of a trained warrior. He keeps his shield high, and moves towards cautiously but swiftly towards the enemy, waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike!

Move 30ft, and total defense. AC is 24

Liberty's Edge

Male Tengu Vigilante 4| HP 31/31** | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +2**, R +8, W +5 | Init +4 | Per +10

Don't shoot me! I would taste terrible!

Scarab Sages

Male Halfelf - Skald 4 - AC19/T14/F14/CMD14 |HP 31/31 | Fort:+5;Ref:+4;Will+4 |Percept.+6 | Init.+4 | { }12 (0/15 song used) { }

Let's get them!!!!

Omar rushes up with the others while hefting his Bec de Corbin. He starts a raging warsong to inspire those willing to RAGE.

♪♫♪♫ ♪♫ It is a glorious day to die. Even better them than us, I always say!♪♫♪♫ ♪♫

Raging Song +1:

Inspired Rage (Su) At 1st level, affected allies gain a +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution and a +2 morale bonus on Will saving throws, but also take a –1 penalty to AC. While under the effects of inspired rage, allies other than the skald cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration.
Note: Each willing participant also gains *SCENT* and *2xCLAW* attacks(d6)


Azrael scurries forward, making sure to keep himself ready for anticipated attacks from their foes.

Omar follows his companion forward, singing a glorious tune as he goes.
Nice Song

The religious man calls on Erastil to aid him in combat. As he finishes his prayer, a burst of pine needles suddenly showers the man and he begins to emit a smell reminiscent of an evergreen tree.
Your spell is also cast at +1 caster level

John - Seeing this occur, I would allow you to chose to change your action, but I'll assume you cast away unless you state otherwise
John tentatively tries his luck and casts a spell to bolster his defenses. With another shower of pine needles and an aroma emitting from the man, he draws a wand.
Your spell was also cast at +1 caster level

Decisions: 1d2 ⇒ 11d3 ⇒ 2
The strange beast ahead on the path takes aim and releases another arrow, this time it sails towards Azrael. However, the projectile skips harmlessly off the man's shield.
Arrow vs Azrael: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

The gnoll atop the hill moves his bow back and forth a few times before choosing a target and letting it fly. Thudding in the dirt between John and Raijan, he frowns and toss a rude gesture towards the tengu.
Arrow vs Raijan: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Round 1:
Raijan
Thrugg

Round 2:
Azrael
Omar
Jiggo
John

Foes

Raijan/Thrugg up Rnd 1; Azrael/Omar/Jiggo/John Up Round 2

Liberty's Edge

Male Tengu Vigilante 4| HP 31/31** | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +2**, R +8, W +5 | Init +4 | Per +10

Some people have no taste...

Raijan dashes forward between his companions, whipping his twin blades from their scabbards as he goes. Double move

Accepting the Rage

Silver Crusade

Spells -/4 | Fervor 3/3 | Blessings 4/4 | Inspired | GM Reroll +1 | HP 21/21 | AC 17 (T 13 FF 14) | Init +1 | Perception +1 | Saves 5/4/6 | CMD 16 | 3 Warpriest of Erastil | Human Male

Jiggo clutches his quarterstaff as he double moves up the hill. HIs allies will clearly handle the lower half soon.

"Pine leaves! I wonder if some tree deity is blessing us?"

Grand Lodge

TN Isgeri Sorcerer 3 | Mods: Barbed Vest (removed), (Mage Armor <1hr), +4 Diplomacy in Mercy | HP: 26/26 | AC 10 (14), Tch 10, FF 10 (14) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +4 | Speed 30ft | Warp Touch: 7/7 | Spells 1st: 6/6 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Init: +0

John's brow furrows and he hollers out to Jiggo, "or maybe our magic is just being screwed up really bad! Be wary" Taking his own advice he looks at his wand and reconsiders for now. He moves closer to the gnoll on the hill and releases a battle cry of his own, inspired by his ally's warsong.

Does not take Rage Song, 5 ft step, Standard to Demoralize.

Demoralize: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Demoralize:
Demoralize: You can use this skill to cause an opponent to become shaken for a number of rounds. The DC of this check is equal to 10 + the target's Hit Dice + the target's Wisdom modifier. If you are successful, the target is shaken for 1 round. This duration increases by 1 round for every 5 by which you beat the DC. You can only threaten an opponent in this way if they are within 30 feet and can clearly see and hear you. Using demoralize on the same creature only extends the duration; it does not create a stronger fear condition.
Special: You also gain a +4 bonus on Intimidate checks if you are larger than your target and a –4 penalty on Intimidate checks if you are smaller than your target.
Demoralizing an opponent is a standard action.

Grand Lodge

HP 49/49| Init +2; Perc +1*| AC 22(27), T 12, FF 20(25), CMD 20(25)(29 vs bull rush and trip, 34 w/ shield)Fort +6*, Ref +3*, Will +2*

Thrugg pulls his shield around while moving up hill. He stands beside Azrael and shouts out at the gnoll.

"Com'on you mutated mutt. You can't hit s*** anyway. Might was well fight us face to face."

antagonize, intimidate: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31 If he understands common, he is under the affect of Antagonize

Will accept raging song. -1 to AC in parenthesis.

Scarab Sages

Male Halfelf - Skald 4 - AC19/T14/F14/CMD14 |HP 31/31 | Fort:+5;Ref:+4;Will+4 |Percept.+6 | Init.+4 | { }12 (0/15 song used) { }

Omar continues his rally song and rushes forward.

double move.

♪♫♪♫ Fight the good fight every moment
Every minute of this day
Fight the good fight every moment
Make it worth the price we pay
♪♫

Silver Crusade

Human Fighter 2 | HP: 19/20 | AC:18/20 T:14 FF:14/16 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | Saves F:5 R:4 W:2 | Init:5 | Per:2 | [ooc][/ooc]

Azrael maintains his focus on his task, and as he does, he concentrates and drowns out every other sound accept that of his enemy. He moves swiftly and strikes with his blade. It is unusual of him to keep his shield, but he decides to be cautious, unsure of his opponents skills yet as he sizes him.

Mwk Kukri: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 261d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Mwk Kukri,crit?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 161d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Move and attack pink, don't accept rage.


Drawing his weapons, Raijan rushes forward. The song of his companion beginning to whip him into a fury, he's ready for battle.

Moving closer, Thrugg offers a challenge. However, the foes waiting for his arrival stare at the man blankly. They do not speak common

Managing to contain himself, the shielded man makes his way to the mutated creature and slashes at it. Although his blade connects with a solid thud, it fails to draw blood.

Omar makes his way uphill towards the second foe, continuing his rousing song as he goes. Jiggo follows his line of though and makes his way up the incline. Remarking about the possibly blessings of strange gods, he suspects his companions will make short work of the other combatant. Jiggo, I'm interested to see how you do as level 3 instead of effective level 1. :-P

As he's showered with a burst of pine needles, John reconsiders his wand. Looking from the stick in his hand to the mutant above, he shrugs. Letting out a guttural shout that echoes off the cave nearby, the creature above visibly shakes.

Flashing a toothy grin to Azrael, the creature drops his bow. With a simple nod to the hyena, he draws a blade of his own and steps around the man, waiting. The animal leaps into action in reply and scurries around the man as well. Having expected this, Azrael blocks the hyena with his shield and twists away from the mutants blade with ease.

Hyena Bite Flank: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 2 = 16
Readied Longsword w/flank: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 = 15

The gnoll with the orange bandana looks from Jiggo to John, before leveling his bow at the scary human below. As he releases the arrow, an image of the vicious human gnawing his corpse flashes through his mind. Jerking in fear, he shoots the projectile into the rocks down the path. His pet eyes Jiggo with anticipation, tendrils of foamy fluid dripping from his mouth. It's all the creature can do to stay where ordered.

Arrow vs John: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 2 = 7

Round 2:
Raijan
Thrugg

Round 3:
Azrael
Omar
Jiggo
John

Foes

Raijan/Thrugg up Round 2; Azrael/Omar/Jiggo/John up round 3

I apologize - seems I neglected to put up any knowledge checks for you guys...

K (Dungeoneering) DC 13+:

The gnolls have the aberration subtype

With their mutated arms they have a slam attack


K (Dungeoneering) DC 18+:

Special Defenses: They have DR 5/Cold-Iron and immunity to poisons and disease

K (Dungeoneering) DC 23+:

They have Spell Resistance 13

For every added 5 you beat the DC, ask a question

Silver Crusade

Spells -/4 | Fervor 3/3 | Blessings 4/4 | Inspired | GM Reroll +1 | HP 21/21 | AC 17 (T 13 FF 14) | Init +1 | Perception +1 | Saves 5/4/6 | CMD 16 | 3 Warpriest of Erastil | Human Male
GM RePete wrote:
Jiggo, I'm interested to see how you do as level 3 instead of effective level 1. :-P

Me too! Haha! Don't tell me the hyena has level drain.

Jiggo finishes running up the hill and readies himself to strike the first enemy in range.

Readied Action:

Quarterstaff, 2 handed: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Silver Crusade

Human Fighter 2 | HP: 19/20 | AC:18/20 T:14 FF:14/16 | CMB:4 CMD:18 | Saves F:5 R:4 W:2 | Init:5 | Per:2 | [ooc][/ooc]

Hey GM, did my last attack connect? Or the crit?

Azrael steps himself out of a sticky situation, "Raijan!" he calls as he sees a perfect opening for some team play. He readies himself to strike the gnoll when he has the perfect chance, and takes a risk to be enraged.

Delay until Raijan moves. 5 feet step (to where I currently am), then Full round action to attack with flank! Accepting Rage

Kukri,PA,Flank,TWF: 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 1 + 2 - 2 = 171d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8
Shield,PA,Flank,TWF: 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 1 + 2 - 2 = 151d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8

AC is 15

Scarab Sages

Male Halfelf - Skald 4 - AC19/T14/F14/CMD14 |HP 31/31 | Fort:+5;Ref:+4;Will+4 |Percept.+6 | Init.+4 | { }12 (0/15 song used) { }

Omar continues to rage-sing (round 3) as he eyes up the foes and their hounds.

Have at them!

bardic kn:dungeon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Seeing the black-maned hound within reach of his pole-arm, he swings.

+1 Bec de Corbin, song: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 1 = 25
for dmg : 1d10 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 = 13

Omar then steps 5' to the north, once again out of reach.

Liberty's Edge

Male Tengu Vigilante 4| HP 31/31** | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +2**, R +8, W +5 | Init +4 | Per +10

A terrible joy flashing in his eyes, Raijan advances on the gnoll, blade and beak flashing as he drives it back towards Azrael.
Let's even the odds!

Wakizashi: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Magic Slashing: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11
Wakizashi: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Magic Slashing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
B/P/S: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Grand Lodge

HP 49/49| Init +2; Perc +1*| AC 22(27), T 12, FF 20(25), CMD 20(25)(29 vs bull rush and trip, 34 w/ shield)Fort +6*, Ref +3*, Will +2*

Thrugg charges ahead, pulling his hammer from his hip, and brings it crashing down on the broadside of the hyena.

attack, charging: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Still accepting rage. AC for this round 24. HP adjusted to 54.

Grand Lodge

TN Isgeri Sorcerer 3 | Mods: Barbed Vest (removed), (Mage Armor <1hr), +4 Diplomacy in Mercy | HP: 26/26 | AC 10 (14), Tch 10, FF 10 (14) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +4 | Speed 30ft | Warp Touch: 7/7 | Spells 1st: 6/6 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Init: +0

John glares at the archer, makes a quick motion with his hand and yells, "have a little taste of a true aberation!" He then takes off up the path telling Jiggo he is on his way to assist.

Standard to use Warp Touch on Orange (Fort DC 15 Dazed 1 round). Move 30 ft up path.

Warp Touch:
Warp Touch (Sp): Starting at 1st level, you create brief, disorienting changes in a creature's physical form. This ability affects one creature within 30 feet, which is dazed for 1 round (Fortitude negates; DC 10 + 1/2 your sorcerer level + your Charisma modifier). You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.

K: Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Well Poop.


Azrael - you did hit, crit was unconfirmed. Your damage did not penetrate DR

Raijain unleashes a flurry of blows. With incredible skill, the mutant manages to twirl and duck all the man's attacks.

Barreling forward, Thrugg slams his weapon against the hyena, broadside. With a yelp, the four-legged creature shudders until the blunt instrument.

Stepping away from his precarious position, Azrael utilizes his teammates distraction. Somehow, the gnoll manages to continue to avoid the oncoming attacks, narrowly stepping away from the blades.

Omar jabs the pointed end of his weapon into the animal. With a sickening 'Schhht', it collapses. Stepping away, he jerks the sharp instrument out of its side.

The religious man continues his advance and prepares for his enemies approach.

John draws his heritage forth and sends forth some of his ancestral essence. The gnolls face begins to twist in a bizzare fashion, but sudden rights itself. As another burst of pine needles showers the man, he rushes to help the others.

Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Looking from Azrael to Raijan, the purple flowered gnoll seems perplexed by his options. Ultimately selecting his target, the foe swings his blade for the Tengu. While the sword draws the attention, he attempts to bash the man with his over-sized arm. "Yaanten jump'éel! Ma' táan u béeytal u loxikaba'ex." he hollers in triumph.
?: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Longsword vs Raijan: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Damage?: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Slam vs Raijan: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Damage?: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Confirmation?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Crit Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Raijan need a Fort Save DC 14 vs Disease

Nodding towards Jiggo, the one atop the hill replies "Ma'alo'ob! Toothy, jaantej teech." The hyena lurches forward, attempting to bite Jiggo, whose swing misses by the skin of his teeth. Over come with excitement, the pet forgets to open his mouth and simply runs into the man.

Shaking his head, the mutated beast picks his way around to flank with his companion.

Charging Bite: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6

Gnoll:

"I got one! They no can hit."
"Good. Toothy, eat him!"

Round 3:
Raijan (-8) Fort Save DC 14 --> Remember with the Rage Song your Fort Save bonus gets +1 added
Thrugg

Round 4:
Azrael
Omar
Jiggo
John

Foes (Black, -22: Down)

Raijan/Thrugg up Round 3. Azrael/Omar/Jiggo/John up Round 4

If Raijain Fails save:

Con Damage: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Cha Camage: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Requires 2 consecutive saves

Grand Lodge

HP 49/49| Init +2; Perc +1*| AC 22(27), T 12, FF 20(25), CMD 20(25)(29 vs bull rush and trip, 34 w/ shield)Fort +6*, Ref +3*, Will +2*

Thrugg continues up the hill, looking to aid his surrounded ally.

Double move.Still accepting rage. AC for this round 26. HP adjusted to 54.

Silver Crusade

Spells -/4 | Fervor 3/3 | Blessings 4/4 | Inspired | GM Reroll +1 | HP 21/21 | AC 17 (T 13 FF 14) | Init +1 | Perception +1 | Saves 5/4/6 | CMD 16 | 3 Warpriest of Erastil | Human Male

Jiggo finds himself surrounded. He swings twice at the hyena before stepping back.

Quarterstaff, TWF: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Quarterstaff, TWF: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Offhand Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Scarab Sages

Male Halfelf - Skald 4 - AC19/T14/F14/CMD14 |HP 31/31 | Fort:+5;Ref:+4;Will+4 |Percept.+6 | Init.+4 | { }12 (0/15 song used) { }

Omar sees as his capable teammates have surrounded the remaining gnoll, so he dashes (double-moves) up the hill to within reach of the upper gnoll.

Save some glory for me!

His raging song continues to inspire him and his allies...at least for awhile longer.

♪♫♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ We will, we will, ROCK YOU!♪♫ ♪♫

Liberty's Edge

Male Tengu Vigilante 4| HP 31/31** | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +2**, R +8, W +5 | Init +4 | Per +10

Fort: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6 Any way to tell if this is a poison or a fast acting disease?

As an awful prickly chill courses through Raijan's body, he strains to quickly put an end to this creature, fighting through the pain of his wound.

Wakizashi: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 2 = 14
Magic Slashing: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10
Wakizashi: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 = 29
Magic Slashing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Bite: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12
B/P/S: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Confirm: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 2 = 17
Extra Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

1 to 50 of 172 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM RePete's Twisted Circle All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.