Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Brayden's PFS First Steps (Group 2): To Delve the Dungeon Deep (Inactive)

Game Master Brayden Green


1 to 50 of 476 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Official thread.

All players/spots already filled. I will be accepting applications for a "waiting list" on the recruiting thread.

Read the first session HERE

We will be starting after the "buying phase" is complete (to be done on the discussions tab)

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Well, nothing like some pre-kickoff RP to get the creative thoughts flowing :) A hearty thanks to Brayden for kicking off the second set and allowing the group to stay together.

Having turned in all her acquisitions and storing her gear in their room, Shilyn sits at the table slowly nursing her cup of Chelaxian red wine, courtesy of Thaddaeus' generous offer to buy the first round and whose tab is awaiting his arrival. Seated with her back toward the wall, she looks around the room at the various people floating in and out. "This Society must be pretty busy at times," she muses.

Her stomach lets out a soft growl letting her know she's past time to eat, so she signals the serving girl and orders herself a hearty meal while she waits for the others.

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

Lore bounces in, her purple hair flouncing behind her as she enters. Spotting Shilyn at a table, she heads over and climbs into a chair, legs dangling just off the ground.

"Hi, Shi. Good to see you again. Darnit, I wish these tables and chairs weren't so high. Wonder where the others are. Up to no good, I bet! What're you having? Looks good!" She waves the wench over and orders stew and a some ale for herself.

"What have you been up to? I've had a good week, myself. I worked as a chef at a halfling restaurant just up the street. Would you believe halflings would let a gnome cook for them? But they did, and praised my cooking too, so I guess I didn't do too badly. I DID learn how to properly cook mushrooms to halfling taste, which is quite a fascinating process, but I'll spare you the details."

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Shilyn eyes Lore over her half-eaten steak and gives the gnome a smile as she waves the other over to the table. Pushing back a stray lock of dark hair, she cuts another bite and stuffs it into her mouth. "Welcome Lore," she says around a mouthful. "Not sure where the others are, but you're probably right. They're most likely causing trouble or maybe shoveling manure as Bander would say."

She listens to the gnome while she hurriedly finishes her meal as if someone will interrupt her fare with an errand. Pushing her plate back, she picks up her wine. "Well, sounds like you had fun. I wish I could say the same. Had a small scouting mission in the sewers of all places. Took me days to get the stench out of my hair and clothing. Ugh! Never did find what they were looking for."

Silver Crusade

Paladin (Stonelord) / 4
Stats:
HP 48/48 AC 23 Touch 12 Flat 22 CMD 22 DR 2/Adamntne | Flail+7 (1d10+3/19-20/x2), Waraxe+8 (1d10+4/20/x3) Sling+5 (1d4+3/20/x2) F+6 R+2 W+3 INIT+1 Perc+1 CMB +7

Done shopping
Amnur has his face down near his plate, heavily involved in the business of eating, and happens to be sitting a table away from the two women. Looking up suddenly and glaring, and then turns his face back to his plate, but his words are quite audible, "Jus' because you're good looking doesn't mean ya should ruin a dwarfs lunch!" He continues to regard his plate, food hovering near his mouth, "Between you and me, a few more days o' washing probably wouldn't hurt." In the silence he resumes shoving food in his mouth, apparently oblivious to his lack of manners in eating or speaking.

Amnur Appearance:
Standing about 4 and a half feet tall, with a squat, square body. His head is bare, but a long braided beard runs in two tails connected behind his neck. His is heavily armored in banded mail, and a large shield is strapped to his back. Dangling from his waist is a flail and a sling, and leaning on the table is a Dwarven Waraxe. The armor and weapons used to be nice and well-polished, but have since been given only the necessary service, the many dings, dents and scratches left -almost proudly- on their surfaces. His eyes are dark brown and are very focused, not in an intense way, but as if his mind is far away. His movements are slow and deliberate, even the way he shovels large portions of food into his mouth, and he gives a aura of solidity in his bearing.

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

Sniffs slightly at the dwarf's insinuation that she or Shi would need to bathe more. As an aside to Shi, she whispers, "Maybe he's talking about himself... we smell fine."

To the dwarf she just smiles sweetly and says, "Why thank you for noticing that we are indeed quite pretty. She primps her hair slightly. "Sometimes these things don't translate over racial barriers, you know. But there's no need to be so gruff, Mr. Grumpypants. We may have teeth, but we rarely bite... hard."

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Shilyn raises an eyebrow at the dwarf's outburst then turns to Lore, "And see, the difference between myself and someone like that," she says, pointing her thumb at him as she talks, "is that, while I took the extra time to bathe after wading in the sewers, 'grumpypants' still admits to needing more days to do so."

With a grin and a wink to the dwarf, she lifts her wine to her lips and takes a sip.

Silver Crusade

Paladin (Stonelord) / 4
Stats:
HP 48/48 AC 23 Touch 12 Flat 22 CMD 22 DR 2/Adamntne | Flail+7 (1d10+3/19-20/x2), Waraxe+8 (1d10+4/20/x3) Sling+5 (1d4+3/20/x2) F+6 R+2 W+3 INIT+1 Perc+1 CMB +7

Stuffing the last of his fodder into his mouth, one has to wonder if he even tasted it. He leans back contentedly, "See, there ya go again, talkin, an' being pretty, an' interrupting my meal." He shakes his head forlornly, "Tis a sad day." Looking quietly at the two women for a moment, he apparently comes to some kind of decision, heaving himself to his feat and bowing stiffly -it seems a very uncomfortable motion for the dwarf- "Grumpypants Amnur Roanock, and who might y'all be?" He sits heavily back down in his chair, mouth hidden behind a mass of beard, bits of food... or something, stuck in the bristled hairs.

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

I'm Lorelendral Telket, but my friends just call me Lore. Nice to meetcha, Grumpypants... Blessings of Sarenrae upon you this fine day!" Lore rises and takes a little curtsey as she introduces herself.

As an aside to Shi, she whispers, "I'll bet he doesn't have a lot of wizard friends. I think it's been a long time since he's seen the better side of a Prestidigitation spell."

She continues her charming little smile as she continues on loud enough for Amnur to hear, "My friend here is Shi... well no she's not shy, but she is Shi, if you get my meaning. Why don't you come over and join us for a drink now that you're done eating?"

Silver Crusade

Paladin (Stonelord) / 4
Stats:
HP 48/48 AC 23 Touch 12 Flat 22 CMD 22 DR 2/Adamntne | Flail+7 (1d10+3/19-20/x2), Waraxe+8 (1d10+4/20/x3) Sling+5 (1d4+3/20/x2) F+6 R+2 W+3 INIT+1 Perc+1 CMB +7

Amnur nods at the gnome, "Likewise... Loreulrandalelalo.... Lore, and not-Shi, but I'll forgo the blessings and yer little wiggly-fingered spells for some ale! Yer buyin' right!?" He tries to heave himself to his feet once again, but doesn't quite make it, landing back down in his chair. Face going red, but not in embarrassment, he growls and grabs the chair in two hands and scoots the thing noisily across the floor, nearly toppling over more than once.

Arriving at your table, red-faced and huffing, he looks back and see's his axe still leaning against his previous table. Sighing expansively he loosens the flail at his waist, swings it behind him, hooking the axe handle, and drags it noisily the few feet to his side, scraping the floor as he does so. At long last his possessions are in order, and he turns his attention back to you, not anywhere close to perky, but a far cry from the surly demeanor of a few moments before. "Ale?" he asks, looking around the tabletop like he expected it to be right in front of his face.

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

"Sure, I offered, I'll buy... the first round anyway. Ale it is then... But you'll have to take the ale WITH the blessing, since it was already given, and there's no takesy-backsies." She grins as she waves over a serving wench and orders an ale for herself and Grumpypants and another glass of wine for Shi.

"Nice trick with the flail, you're obviously truly skilled with your weapons. Are you a great warrior? We could certainly use one in our little group."

Silver Crusade

Paladin (Stonelord) / 4
Stats:
HP 48/48 AC 23 Touch 12 Flat 22 CMD 22 DR 2/Adamntne | Flail+7 (1d10+3/19-20/x2), Waraxe+8 (1d10+4/20/x3) Sling+5 (1d4+3/20/x2) F+6 R+2 W+3 INIT+1 Perc+1 CMB +7

The dwarf waits impatiently, foot tapping, for the ale to arrive, and once it does he quaffs a large portion of the amber liquid, foam running down into his beard. Wiping a hand across his face, "Bah, a great warrior? Better to say I can take a hit or two. Also, when you wasn't looking I shucked the blessing to the ale, Torag lets me do things of that sort when the need arises." He sits back, taking another drought of ale, seeming quite pleased with his cleverness.

Realizing she said more, the jabs two meaty fingers at Lore, "You're little, she's much more regular-sized I'd say. But what sorta job do you have in mind?"

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

Lore chuckles at the jest about her size. "Aye, I'm little, but I do my share. Anyway, we are Pathfinders, though we're just starting out. We just finished our first mission and no doubt there will be more to come. But we kind of lacked a frontline fighter and had a tough time with one of our little encounters during the mission. It might be handy to have someone with your skills to join us when we get another task to complete. How does that sound to you? Our last mission turned out to be rather lucrative for us, and if you opt to join us, you'd get your share of our next rewards of course."

Lore looks at Amnur hopefully, her head cocked gently to one side and her usual charming smile on her face. "Of course you'd have to meet the others too. I'm surprised they're not here yet, to be honest, but I'm sure if we wait, they'll show in time. There's Thad, our archer, and Bander, our arcane caster, and Ahz, but I'm not sure if Ahz will be joining us again or not. He said something about taking a break to work on his formulae, whatever that means."

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Shilyn laughs at the dwarf as he scoots his chair across the floor and listens quietly as Lore and Amnur start talking. Her eyes stay in motion, scanning the room every few seconds over the rim of her wine glass.

Motioning to the serving girl, she asks for a refill. "Well, Grumpypants," she says, "that'll all depend on what the Society has planned. Could be wipin' arses of kids, meeting crazies with demons stuck in boxes, or rubbing elbows with finger-wigglers. Ya just never know." She shoots Lore a quick wink and grins taking another sip of her wine.

Silver Crusade

Paladin (Stonelord) / 4
Stats:
HP 48/48 AC 23 Touch 12 Flat 22 CMD 22 DR 2/Adamntne | Flail+7 (1d10+3/19-20/x2), Waraxe+8 (1d10+4/20/x3) Sling+5 (1d4+3/20/x2) F+6 R+2 W+3 INIT+1 Perc+1 CMB +7

Amnur purses his lips in thought, placing his mug on the table and interlocking his fingers across his belly. "Torag's been running the show for quite a while, 'Do my will' he says, 'Destroy all evil' he says, 'Join the Silver Crusade!' he says. Seeing as I haven't heard from him for a spell, your offer seems as good as any!" He turns his attention to Shi as she speaks, he nods understandingly, "Well in my experience wiping kids arses and protecting finger-wigglers is basically the same job, so there's no problems there."

He lifts his mostly-empty mug to his face, frowning at the quantity of it's contents, and says in a introspective tone, "Plus, you bought me ale once, maybe if I'm in the 'Little Group' I could get you to do it again." and signals for his own refill as well.

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

Lore giggles and says, "Hmmm... angling for more ale, eh? It could happen. Let's wait and see. If you prove as handy with your axe as you are with your flail, you'll definitely get more drinks out of me. After all, I'm not only pretty, I'm generous to a fault." She grinz and winks at Shi as she says this.

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - Perception: +9, Init +2 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 30

Thaddaeus approaches the group...surprised to see a new face.

Good to meet you friend, I'm Thaddaeus; but most find it easier to call me Thadd.

Sorry to be so late; I was being fitted for a new suit of armor...something a little bit better constructed than what my father handed down to me. It seems as though the armorsmiths were a bit mystified by the eastern style, but they assure me they'll have everything ready in time for our next mission.

Speaking of which...have we heard what that might be yet?

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

"Nothing yet, Thadd... we're all waiting to hear. Oh, and meet Grumpypants, I mean Amnur, he's a warrior of Torag and seems quite skilled with his flail at least."

She turns to Amnur. "This is Thadd, the archer we told you about."

Back to Thadd, she grins and says, "New armor, eh? I have new armor too! Look!" She lifts her tabard slightly to show off the shiny new chain shirt underneath. "A far cry from that tattered old studded leather I had before, eh? Might help keep a blow or two away, though I'd just prefer not to get struck at in the first place if I can avoid it."

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Shi grins as Thadd walks up to join the group. "Glad you could make it Thadd," she says, "have you seen Bander? Oh, your tab is waiting. Barkeep says thanks."

Turning to the dwarf she says, [b]"Ok, I'll make you a deal Grumpypants.. I can just call you Grumpy for short right? Thought so, it's so much easier.." With barely a pause, she talks almost as fast as Lore as she continues, "Lore here will buy you an ale.. but first you have to buy a round.. one for each of us.. then you'll get yours. I think that's fair don't you? Good, I'm glad we're in agreement. Deal.. welcome to the group."

With a grin she shrugs and takes a sip of her wine.

Silver Crusade

Paladin (Stonelord) / 4
Stats:
HP 48/48 AC 23 Touch 12 Flat 22 CMD 22 DR 2/Adamntne | Flail+7 (1d10+3/19-20/x2), Waraxe+8 (1d10+4/20/x3) Sling+5 (1d4+3/20/x2) F+6 R+2 W+3 INIT+1 Perc+1 CMB +7

The dwarf rests his hand on the pommel of the axe leaning on the table, and responds to Lore, "That's a grand plan, when you've given me too many drinks, I'll be the first to let you know. HA!" he chortles to himself.

At the fighters approach and introduction, Amnur starts to heave himself up again, probably for another awkward bow, but either due to drink or laziness doesn't make it nearly as far out of the chair as before. Instead he inclines his head, "Amnur's the name, Thadd. A warrior's only as good as his armor, I've always thought."

As Lore continues, "'Warrior of Torag' seems a bit overstated, more like 'Errand Boy' or 'Black Sheep' but He doesn't seem to care either way, as long as I hop to His tune." He toasts the ceiling and then drains the last of his ale.

When Shi begins, "That'll be Grum to you missy. People start saying 'Grumpy' and I look for my pa. But if I understand your deal, I buy each of ya a round, and then each of you buy one for me? That's a deal clad in steel!" He raises one gauntlet covered fist and smashes it down onto the table, startling several nearby patrons and sending his mug careening off the side, "Ale wench! and whatever these folks are having."

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - Perception: +9, Init +2 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 30

Thadd blushes as Lorelendral begins to lift her tabard and is relieved to see the chain shirt underneath. He nods to Shilyn's mention of the bar tab. I heard Ahzrin wouldn't be joining us so I told the barkeep that he would settle up once he arrived.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

You are approached by an obvious servant, but surprisingly well dressed for being a servant.

Oh good, here are four of you to cross off my list. Her Exoticness, Miss Amara Li has heard of your deeds and would like to invite you to the Snapdragon Festival tonight. You have plenty of time to make yourselves look proper, and I would suggest not drinking those rounds of ale that you have been discussing.

It is pretty clear that he has no idea why you all are being invited, but is fulfilling orders. He takes his leave once the invitations are delivered.

The invitation, and what you know about the party:
The party is being held that evening at the Lantern Lodge, the
beautiful and exotic estate of the Tian venture-captain,
Amara Li, in Absalom’s Petal District. Tonight, the
invitation informs you is the Snapdragon Festival, a
traditional Gokan holiday featuring fireworks and rich
plum wine.

Only the luckiest or most influential Pathfinders
receive invitations to Amara Li’s annual Snapdragon
Festival celebration, and wise recipients take
advantage of them.

Silver Crusade

Paladin (Stonelord) / 4
Stats:
HP 48/48 AC 23 Touch 12 Flat 22 CMD 22 DR 2/Adamntne | Flail+7 (1d10+3/19-20/x2), Waraxe+8 (1d10+4/20/x3) Sling+5 (1d4+3/20/x2) F+6 R+2 W+3 INIT+1 Perc+1 CMB +7

"Dainty little Priss!" a red-faced Amnur bellows after the retreating servant. Huffing to himself he scoots back a bit and begins to look himself over, frowning at various dings and scatches. He lifts both arms and sniffs under his arms, even his strong fortitude not enough to keep his eyes from watering a little. "I best go see the smithy, the Big Guy," and he points straight up with his index finger and rolls his eyes, "gets all worked up if I put a bad face on his precious Silver Crusade."

About that time the next round comes, and Amnur sits forward suddenly, virtually dumping the drink down his throat, and much of it splashes over his face, down his beard, and a foot or so around him. Invigorated he successfully heaves himself to his feet, wiping ale from his face as he does so. "I'll meet ya there." he says tersely, and grabs his axe, slinging it over his shoulder -several patrons diving aside as he nearly takes off a couple heads- as he walks from the room.

He's going to see if his armor can get polished up and will take a bath. Is there a cost?

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - Perception: +9, Init +2 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 30

Thaddaeus looks at himself in the full length mirror on the wall. How much more proper can I get? He excuses himself from the room and leaves to pick up his armor from the smith. I think I saw a tailor nearby...maybe he can help?


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

There shouldn't be a cost for the bath, depending on where you are staying. Luxury rooms get a bath a day, if they choose. If you didn't have a luxury room, you can pay a silver for a bath at one of the nicer hotels.

As for polishing armor, there isn't a "cost" for that, it's just tipping someone. A long time ago a business called "Amory's Armory" started giving free "shines" to anyone that wanted them, and since then all weaponsmiths have had to offer the same thing, for fear of losing business.

Thad, there are many tailors. How nice are you looking to be?

And as a side note, this is one of the reasons that I really like PFS. You can actually buy really nice looking clothes, and it is assumed that you are renting a house nearby, or have purchased a house, or *can* purchase a house, and that you don't have to carry a 15 lb "exotic" robe with you in your pack wherever you go. You just go home and change.

Silver Crusade

Paladin (Stonelord) / 4
Stats:
HP 48/48 AC 23 Touch 12 Flat 22 CMD 22 DR 2/Adamntne | Flail+7 (1d10+3/19-20/x2), Waraxe+8 (1d10+4/20/x3) Sling+5 (1d4+3/20/x2) F+6 R+2 W+3 INIT+1 Perc+1 CMB +7

Amnur heads to his customary smith, tossing them a gold piece for the work of polishing his armor, and heads to his hotel for a brisk, ice-cold scrub. He dresses afterward and goes to dry at the smiths, reveling in the heat and banging of metal until his armor's ready. -1gp, -1sp

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

"I guess I'll meet you all at the party." Lore rises and forgoes the rest of her ale as the servant recommended.

She heads out to a local tailor and asks for "A suit of clothing appropriate for the Snapdragon Festival at Amara Li's house... maybe even something in Tian style if you can fashion it by tonight. Money isn't a major obstacle," she adds at the end, though in truth, she thinks, I don't have unlimited funds, I hope it doesn't end up being TOO much money.

"Oh, and not too 'costumey', either. I'd like to be able to wear it to other functions as well."

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

With a laugh, Shilyn follows the others out and heads to the nearest tailor. She tries to find something suitable for the festive occassion, preferably long, black and silk. After trying on a few things, she selects her purchase and finds a suitable pair of soft-soled slippers to go along with it.

Heading back to her abode, she begins to get ready, ensuring she has a dagger within easy reach if need be..

used 'nobleman's outfit' as cost as she wants something dressy, but not too pretentious, but of silk. (sans gems and jewels and other gaudy things, but high-quality cloth) Intent is not not look like nobility (and any repercussions), but rather elegant as befitting her Elven heritage. -75 GP. Feel free to adjust :)

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

After acquiring her new clothes and some matching shoes, Lore finds someone who can style her hair in Tian fashion to go with the clothing and then heads to the party to meet up with the others.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Lore, 75 gp is the base for a noble's outfit. It doesn't really have an "effect" unless you have at least X amount of gold jewelery to go with it, but you won't walk around looking like a pauper or a servant. It sounds like that is what you are going for. If you want something more basic, then let me know.

I am going to assume that you spent your time in the shop discussing exactly what you wanted, and around what price range, etc.

Shi, it would actually be a new one for you - custom tailored. The displays on the front can be easily modded and tailored. If you were intentionally going against a "noble" look, then you could shave 25 gp off the price (less gold ribbons and embroidery, etc), but you would need to make that up in over the top nice jewelery, or something else if you ever wanted the bonuses that come with the complete package. Like Lore, but even less so, you will look like you belong - possibly - but people won't be sure you aren't an extremely well dressed servant, or maybe you are the head lady of the catering company at the party...

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

In that case Lore would spend the 75 gold for the outfit and 25 more for jewelry to go with it for a total of 100 gold (Maybe a nice pair of earrings and a ring? - something understated but not totally cheap)... the jewelry at least will still be worth 25 gold when it's all done lol. The clothes will hopefully come in handy later if she needs a noble's outfit again.

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Definitely going agains a 'nobel' look as she doesn't want to draw undue attention to herself. She'll offset the savings by spending 75Gp on jewelry (ring, necklace, hair combs to hold her hair in place) total: 75 - 25 + 75 = 125Gp. Hopefully, there was enough time to tailor it.

Looking at herself in the mirror, Shilyn makes a few minor adjustments. "There. I think that will do nicely." With a final glance, she rests her foot on the chair and raises her dress. Slipping her dagger in the sheath tied to her thigh, she once again checks the mirror. "Ok, all set. Now to go rub elbows," she says as she turns to head to the festival.


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

AYou guys are being advised of the party the morning of, and it doesn't start until nighttime is well under way. The main theme of the party is lavish, and expensive fireworks. You have plenty of time to get ready and get everything done.

Silver Crusade

Paladin (Stonelord) / 4
Stats:
HP 48/48 AC 23 Touch 12 Flat 22 CMD 22 DR 2/Adamntne | Flail+7 (1d10+3/19-20/x2), Waraxe+8 (1d10+4/20/x3) Sling+5 (1d4+3/20/x2) F+6 R+2 W+3 INIT+1 Perc+1 CMB +7

Finally after many hours, the armor is ready, the smith knowing Amnurs tastes has polished the metal to a bright sheen, but rather than hide the scrapes, the smith has mixed coal-dust into the polish for those area, which only make the stand out all the more. But the contrast between shining metal and the dull shade marking the evidence of battle, gives the armor a singular beauty and flair.

Donning the armor with the assistance of some of the boy who normally work the bellows, Amnur secures his shield to his back, and straps both his flail and waraxe to his waist. He takes the time to oil his beard, and for good measure, his bald head, bringing them both to glisten brightly in the firelight. Turning to the boys he asks, "Well?! How do I look?" and in answer the boys look at each other before erupting in peals of laughter. They're forced to scramble to safety however, when the red-faced dwarf charges after them, boys scattering in all directions. Amnur, breathing heavily, watches them go and a slight smile tugs at the corner of his mouth. He turns heavily and tromps out, heading for the party.

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - Perception: +9, Init +2 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 30

Rather than spending an elaborate amount on festival clothing Thaddaeus chooses to give his new armor a bright polish and dusts off his father's old Andoran dress coat. Becoming an Andoran was his father's greatest wish for his young son...if only he were still alive to see it.


Brayden, not sure how you want Bander to come in since he seems to have missed the invitation and you only mentioned 4 invitations. I guess I'll put him in the tavern and see if he bumps into anyone. Might be fun for him not to even know about the party until right before it starts...ummm

The one eyed bald headed man pushes his way through the tavern door and eyes the few patrons present this early in the day. Seemingly not finding what he expected the grizzled man stomps is way over to a table and drops his gear with a disgruntled thunk. Damn, a guy oversleeps a bit and you can't be bothered to wait for him? Thad had better not think he is goin' to get out of buyin' me a round of ale just cause I showed up late.

Bander signals the barmaid for an ale. At the sight of the frothy dark drink his perpetual scowl breaks momentarily into a slight ghost of a grin. "Damn girl, that is a mighty fine sight to an old man like me. By the way, you happen to have seen a group in here earlier? A lovely elven girl, a lively sprite of a gnome girl, and an armored young man with a gentleness about his eyes?"

+


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**
Chrystrom wrote:

Brayden, not sure how you want Bander to come in since he seems to have missed the invitation and you only mentioned 4 invitations. I guess I'll put him in the tavern and see if he bumps into anyone. Might be fun for him not to even know about the party until right before it starts...ummm

The one eyed bald headed man pushes his way through the tavern door and eyes the few patrons present this early in the day. Seemingly not finding what he expected the grizzled man stomps is way over to a table and drops his gear with a disgruntled thunk. Damn, a guy oversleeps a bit and you can't be bothered to wait for him? Thad had better not think he is goin' to get out of buyin' me a round of ale just cause I showed up late.

Bander signals the barmaid for an ale. At the sight of the frothy dark drink his perpetual scowl breaks momentarily into a slight ghost of a grin. "Damn girl, that is a mighty fine sight to an old man like me. By the way, you happen to have seen a group in here earlier? A lovely elven girl, a lively sprite of a gnome girl, and an armored young man with a gentleness about his eyes?"

+

Sure did. THey mentioned something about a "party" at Amara Li's and left off in a hurry. She scoffs Like they'd ever get invited to one of *her* parties... Not that they aren't deserving! she quickly puts in, after realizing her error in speaking out loud.

You hear a voice behind you, say Bander, I presume.

Upon your acknowledgement, he gives you your invitation, and says out loud Now I only have one left, but where in the falling stars would I find a shadowkind rogue?


Male **Smuggler's Shiv Hex Map** Mad Scientest - Level Absolute **Smuggler's Shiv Editable Map**

Okay, so you all do your thing, and arrive at the party.

Immediately, you hear beautiful strange music, even before walking up to the party.

The aroma of blooming orchids and flowing wine mixes with the acrid tang of recently exploded fireworks, and the sound of strangely discordant music comes from a duo of Tian women playing an unusual stringed instrument and a reed flute. The crowd mingles calmly, most guests clearly hoping to be seen more than actually paying attention to those with whom they converse, though the plum wine seems to have affected some who now move about the lodge’s grounds waving sparkling wands of fire and
shooting whirring, whizzing fireworks into the sky above the koi pond that runs through the middle of the party.

Everyone is dressed very elegant, and you find that you are the center of attention. You are the "new guys" here, and as such people are both intrigued by your presence, and also a little stand-offish, depending on their attitudes. Some are actually a little of both.

Lore, Shilyn and Myl can walk through the crowds and mingle with ease. The others are openly "not accepted" by the crowd at large. Some cries of "Did you get lost general? The battle is that way!" with accompanying laughter can be found.

(Remember, you are a guest at one of the biggest parties of the year, with the head of the Lantern Lodge, Amara Li inviting you. DOn't make a "you know what" out of yourself in responding...)

Silver Crusade

Paladin (Stonelord) / 4
Stats:
HP 48/48 AC 23 Touch 12 Flat 22 CMD 22 DR 2/Adamntne | Flail+7 (1d10+3/19-20/x2), Waraxe+8 (1d10+4/20/x3) Sling+5 (1d4+3/20/x2) F+6 R+2 W+3 INIT+1 Perc+1 CMB +7

Amnur clomps around the party noisily, and tries to decide if he should take affront with the sarcastic remarks. He tries to find the shouters so he can offer them a chance to be a man, but they keep to the crowds and it's tough to track one down. He ends up just marching around a lot, an angry look on his face, and snagging food from passing trays or food-laden table when the mood strikes him. Whenever he see's his new friends from the table earlier he'll wave and ask, "Did you see any cowards over here?" but he doesn't wait around for the response, moving on quickly through the gaudily-dressed crowd.

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - Perception: +9, Init +2 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 30

Thaddaeus makes polite apologies and laughs lightheartedly at the jesting. "Never know when duty may call!

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Shilyn walks through the crowd, eyes alert, taking in all of the sights and sounds. "Quite a party," she says to Lore and Myl as she snags a bit of something unrecognizable from a nearby platter.

Popping the morsel into her mouth, she continues to look around. "Some of these dresses would do even with the Evlish court, although that one," she says pointing with her food, "is a bit over the top I think." With a giggle, she grabs another bit of something, weaving her way though the crowd.

"Ok.. that one was a bit spicy," she coughs out, eyes darting around for something to drink.

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

Lore reaches up onto a platter in the hands of a server and barely able to reach, grasps her hands around a tall glass, handing it over to Shi. "Not sure exactly what's in it, but it's wet."

She smiles at Shi and shrugs slightly, unable to do more to help with the consumption of too much wasabi.

"This party sure has a lot of interesting people in fascinating clothes. I feel sorry for Thad and Amnur. I guess we should have stepped in and helped them pick out something appropriate..." She sighs heavily before remarking simply, "Men!" Meaning males, not humans...

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

"Thanks Lore," she says and quickly downs whatever was in the glass. "Well, that was good," she remarks as she reaches for a couple more which she hands to Lore and Myl. Grabbing a last one for herself they continue through the crowd.

"I agree. Perhaps they're thinking we may be at risk. I'll not fault them though," Shilyn's voice is light hearted and she draws some comfort at the weight of her dagger hidden beneath her dress.

Turning to Myl, she lifts an eyebrow as her hand brushes back a wisp of hair from her face. "You're mighty quiet. Relax. This will be fun." She smiles at the Elf as they walk their way through the crowd.

With a grin, she switches to Elven.

Elven:

"As my mother used to say, if you want to disappear in a crowd, you need to blend in with it and not stand out."

Grand Lodge

HP 50/50 AC 19 Touch 13 Flat 17 (scimitar)+3, 1d4 (lt xbow) +5,1d6+0 F +6 R +4 W +8 INIT +5 Perc +11 CMB +3 CMD 15 MP 8/9 gnome cleric(theologian)/5
skills:
skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Heal +8, Know religion 5, Know planes +4 Perception +12, Profession (cook) +11, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +3

"At risk? at such a soiree? with so many people around? I certainly hope not. I'll admit, while I'm not armed or armored, I'm not helpless, but I came not expecting trouble. I certainly hope the boys are wrong, if that's what they were thinking. In Amnur's case though, I'm afraid it's more of a case of simple social faux pas. I don't think he knows or cares better. Oh! Look at that lady's dress! How pretty!" Lore allows herself to get distracted off topic...

She turns to Myl to see if perhaps Shi's comment in common might draw her into talking a bit. But she cocks her head to one side questioningly as Shi continues in Elven, obviously unaware of the content of her words.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard (Conjurer) 5 [hp27, AC12, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +6, Init +2, Perception +10]

I scowl slightly st talk of the men's ineptitude Don't they realise what they're doing? Tonight could really help us to get ahead in the society.
Then I switch to elvish

elvish:

I would rather we were magnificent!

As a waiter passes I whisk a glass of pearlescent wine from his serving tray and give it an experimental sip, Oh my, you have to try this: peaches and lemonglass...

I scan the crowd for important pathfinders perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Andoran

Human/Fighter - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 12/FF: 20 - Perception: +9, Init +2 - F: +7 / R: +4/ W: +4 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 30

Thaddaeus finds a quiet corner and beckons Amnur and Bander closer, handing them each a pint of ale. "I guess we shouldn't have come dressed in our work clothes, eh friends?"

Silver Crusade

Paladin (Stonelord) / 4
Stats:
HP 48/48 AC 23 Touch 12 Flat 22 CMD 22 DR 2/Adamntne | Flail+7 (1d10+3/19-20/x2), Waraxe+8 (1d10+4/20/x3) Sling+5 (1d4+3/20/x2) F+6 R+2 W+3 INIT+1 Perc+1 CMB +7

Amnur clanks up to Thad, "Hmmph... Are you saying we're out of place? What if a riot breaks out?" He looks down at himself, banging his chest with a boom, "Bah, look at the shine on this armor, glorious!" He takes a big drink from the pint, and looks around the room for the woman he met earlier, "The woman sure look prettier than a virgin gemstone from fresh cut rock."

The dwarf takes a look around the immediate area, eyes narrowed, "I've been searching for the scrap-heap that's making fun at our expense, but I can't help feel like I'd have better luck searching for a hair on my head! Either of you happen to see 'im?"

Qadira

Female Half-Elf HP 26/26 AC 16 CMB +3 CMD 15 Touch 13 Flat 12 (Melee Weapon: +1 Rapier)+6;1d6+2 (Ranged: Short bow) +5;1d6+0 F +2 R +6 W +4 INIT +3 Perc +13 Rogue 3 - Sorc 1

Looking at her Elven companion, Shilyn smiles and reverting to common says, "I'm sure your dress will shine with these people." She continues through the throng with her two companions, stopping from time to time to answer questions and make introductions. Shilyn mentally files away names and people of interest who can perhaps help her set up more trade routes for Qadira.

"I wonder if we'll get to meet our hostess," she wonders aloud. "Seems a bit odd that someone as new as us to the Society would be invited to such auspicious an affair."


Bander wanders into the festive grounds of the party a few minutes late. He could claim he was just being “fashionably late" if he even cared about such things. The truth was he hadn’t finished his ale at the tavern and he is morally opposed to gulping down a good drink and wouldn’t even think of leaving it have drunk. The guards at the gate wanted to turn him away as he stood there in his well worn leathers with a cat riding his shoulders, but the engraved invitation convinced them that despite his dress and the feline companion he really did belong here.

As he wanders through the crowd, Bander lets his one good eye wander up and down the well dressed and well bred ladies; not leering but certainly appreciating the display of perfectly toned and barely covered skin. As he approaches the gathering of his friends his one eye widens at the sight of the three ladies. Letting out a low whistle, a slightly wicked grin slips onto his face. “Oh my, the three of you certainly make a sight to set on old man’s heart racing. Each of you are looking as lovely as the day is long.” Reaching up to scratch absent mindedly at Eli’s fur covered ears Bander gives the Thaddeus and Amnur a nod in greeting. “So any idea what the frack this is all about? I can’t imagine anyone invited the likes of me to this party for my sparkling conversation. So there’s got to be some gods’ damned reason behind this."

+

Silver Crusade

Paladin (Stonelord) / 4
Stats:
HP 48/48 AC 23 Touch 12 Flat 22 CMD 22 DR 2/Adamntne | Flail+7 (1d10+3/19-20/x2), Waraxe+8 (1d10+4/20/x3) Sling+5 (1d4+3/20/x2) F+6 R+2 W+3 INIT+1 Perc+1 CMB +7

Amnur sizes up Bander, I don't think they've met yet. and sticks out a hand in greeting, "Haven't me ya yet, but I like your attitude! Amnur Roanock. All's I've been able to come up with is the roses over there, and he points to a group of ladies, "aren't getting along with the tulips, with a gesture to another group, "the daises are working both sides, and nods to the daisy group. "That fly-trap over there's looking to get hitched to one of these rich fancy-pants, and I've got an itch that I can't get to, not to mention it aint decent to scratch myself there in front of the ladies!" He ends in an exaggerated huff, and then a cheery thought strikes him, "The bacon-wrapped chicken is delicious."

1 to 50 of 476 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Brayden's PFS First Steps (Group 2): To Delve the Dungeon Deep All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.