What would happen in this situation?
* Combat between party and group of enemies, everyone rolls initiative
* I cast a fascinate spell at part of the enemy group. Let's say they fail their save
In what situations would their fascination break? Am I correct in the following results?
* Party fighter charges into the group --> seems obvious threat --> auto break
* Party wizard casts a spell at someone in the group/ranger fires arrow --> ditto
* For some reason, we slowly walk to the group --> reroll save, enemies approaching after all, but maybe no auto-break?
* Cleric casts a heal spell or buff spell --> maybe another save? or perception check at -4 (diffulty 10? 15?)
* Enemy members charge the party and start whacking away at like 30-40 feet of the fascinated creatures --> no imminent threat, so no break?
* We do a full move through the fascinated mob (they were blocking the entrance), completely ignoring them --> auto break, but at what distance? Only the creatures in squares we passed or every creature in the general direction?
I am using Awesome display as an oracle (lowering HD of each creature for purposes of the spell effect), which is already pretty powerful so I don't want to have the effect to be too powerful, but on the other hand if virtually anything breaks the fascination effect, the spell becomes rather useless in combat/start of combat.