About Ororo the Storm
ORORO THE STORM (Mwangi)
Spd 30 ft/x4; Flight (clumsy) 30 ft
Melee Melee Dagger +6/+1 (1d4) 19-20/x2
Daylight (PFBty 7),
- Storm Burst (Sp): Ranged touch attack does 1d6+4. to a target within 30 ft and causes a -2 attack penalty for 1 round. Standard action. 9 times per day. [PFCR 48]
- Lightning Lord (Sp): Summon 8 lighning bolts per day. As many as you want with a single standard action, but only one per creature and no two targets more than 30 ft apart. Otherwise like call lightning [PFCR 251]. [PFCR 48] (PFUM 40).
• STORM SPONTANEOUS DOMAIN CASTING: A storm druid can channel stored
spell energy into domain spells that she has not prepared ahead of time. She can “lose” a prepared spell in order to cast any domain spell of the same level or lower. (PFUM 40).
• STORMVOICE: A storm druid's voice can magically carry over howling winds and peals of thunder. Whenever a Perception check is needed to hear the druid's voice, the DC is reduced 8. (PFAPG 40).
• WINDWALKER: The penalties from natural or magical wind effects are treated as two steps less severe for a storm druid. (PFAPG 40).
• BLOODLINE: You get your powers from your Stormborn bloodline. It allows you to add the following spells to your known list:at this level - Shocking Grasp, Gust of Wind. (PFCR 71).
• BLOODLINE ARCANA: Whenever you cast a spell with the electricity or
sonic descriptor, increase the save DC by 1. (PFAPG 141)
• BLOODLINE POWERS: You get the following powers from your Stormborn bloodline at this level:
- Thunderstaff: You can touch a weapon as a standard action, giving it the shock property for 3 rounds. You can use this ability 8 times per day. (PFAPG 141).
- Stormchild: You gain resist electricity 5 and resist sonic 5, and treat wind effects as being one step less severe. (PFAPG 141).
• ESCHEW MATERIALS: The sorcerer gains Eschew Materials as a bonus feat. (PFCR 71).
• EVASION: You can avoid even magical and unusual attacks with great agility. A successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, you instead takes no damage. Must be in light armor or no armor and not helpless. (PFCR 68).
• ROGUE TALENT: You have the following rogue talents:
- Combat Trick: You have selected the combat feat Improved Initiative. (PFCR 68).
• SNEAK ATTACK: Deal +1d6 sneak attack damage in addition to weapon damage any time the enemy is denied a dexterity bonus to AC or is flanked by you. Ranged attacks must be within 30 ft to do sneak attack damage. (PFCR 68).
• SORCERER CANTRIPS: The sorcerer can cast known 0-level spells at will. (PFCR 71).
• SORCERER SPELLS: The sorcerer chooses spells from the sorcerer/wizard
list according to the progression in [PFCR 72]. A sorcerer learns additional spells, derived from her bloodline: Shocking Grasp, Gust of Wind. (PFCR 70-71).
• TRAPFINDING: Add +1 to Perception checks to locate traps and Disable Device checks. Can disarm magic traps. (PFCR 68).
Disable Device +7,
Escape Artist +7,
Handle Animal +6,
Knowledge (arcana) +5,
Knowledge (dungeoneering) +4,
Knowledge (geography) +4,
Knowledge (local) +4,
Knowledge (nature) +10,
Sense Motive +13,
Sleight of Hand +5,
Use Magic Device +7
Feats Armor Proficiency (LIGHT / MEDIUM) (PFCR 118), Combat Casting (PFCR 119), Eschew Materials (PFCR 123), Hover (PFBty 315), Improved Initiative (PFCR 127), Natural Spell (PFCR 131), Shield Proficiency (PFCR 133), Toughness (PFCR 135)
SQ Aasimar Skills (PFBty 7) , Trapfinding (PFCR 68), Wild Empathy (PFCR 50-51), Wild Shape (Uses:X) (PFCR 51)
Ororo was born to N’dare and Davin Mun’ro, Garundan traders with a healthy trade between Absalom and Osirion. At the time of Ororo’s birth, N’dare and Davin were living in the great city of Absalom. As traders the couple, and now young family traveled frequently between Absalom and Sothis, and made homes in each of the great cities. As time passed, it became clear that young Ororo was not growing like the other children. N’dare was not concerned, her slow aging, along with her white hair and Blue eyes convinced N’dare that Ororo had inherited the ancient powers of her family line; She taught her child that one day Ororo would have to return to the lands of her people, and learn to control and understand her gifts. In Ororo’s 15th year, even though she seemed about 8 by human standards, the Mun’ro family home was destroyed. Ororo’s parents were killed and Ororo was buried alive, trapped in the rouble for almost a day. A band of criminal street urchins heard her cries and helped dig her free, leaving the poor girl orphaned on the streets of Sothis.
Homeless and orphaned, the gang of street urchins took her to their master, Achmed El Gibár. Achmed trained Ororo in the arts of thievery and she soon became his prize pupil, excelling in picking both pockets and locks. This arrangement lasted for another 10 years. Young Ororo only aged slightly but became much more confident, and her marks took her for being a much younger child. While working the crowd in the Malhitu Bazaar, Ororo the thief attempted to pick the pocket of a young Doctor Xavier. Xavier recognised the girl’s power and prevented the theft. He recognised the young girl’s power, and Ororo felt the power of Xavier, but Dr. X was not able to help the girl. Xavier was in the Old City of Sothis on the trail of an evil creature. His quarry “The Shadow King”, used the distraction of the attempted theft to attack Xavier, and Ororo fled. She left the city and wandered south, feeling the pull of her emerging powers and her ancestral homeland.
As Ororo traveled south toward the Mwangi Expanse and as she traveled she felt the land and skies open up to her. Animals seemed to speak to her, and weather followed her moods. The natural world gave freely to her, and she learned to survive in the wild. Eventually she found her great great grandmother Aniet, who was still alive thanks to her own gifts and she taught Ororo to control her powers, and how to focus them through Druidic ritual. Aniet taught Ororo some druidic magic as well. Ororo took on the name “Dhoruba” which means Storm in common, and became a goddess. She accepted tribute and worship from several villages, protecting them from Chilaxian slave raiders, and granting bountiful crops, protection from curses and disease, and healing.
Some Fifty years later, now looking like an adult in her late 20s. Xavier met the pickpocket again. This time his team of X men were chasing a magic thief called Mzungu. He drained Dhoruba’s powers and renamed himself Deluge. Xavier explained to Ororo about her Aasimar heritage and how she did indeed carry a spark of celestial power, manifested as a pure connection to nature and weather. He revealed that there were Plane-touched people all over the world, and he wsa working to help the good ones find their way in the world, and protect humanity from the evil ones. Dhoruba worked with the X men to defeat the villain and remained in contact with them after they returned to Absalom.
Appearance and Role:
Storm is a powerful and protective member of Xavier’s school. She sees them as her family. She seems serene and controlled at all times, knowing full well that her emotions affect the weather, and her powers can be tremendously destructive if uncontrolled. In combat she works to protect the team with weather powers, inspires and empowers her team with Druidic magic and heals them if needed. Her primary offensive ability is calling down lightning and on her foes.
Many decades of living beyond civilization have left her unconcerned about social propriety, and her powers protect her from the elements, So she tends to dress in a cloak, to aid her flying, her goddess headpiece, and the skimpy clothing of the mwangi tribes.
Sorcerer spells known:
Spells per day: 1st:8(used:6) / 2nd:7() / 3rd:5(X)
----- 0-Level Spells -----
Druid Spells Prepared:
--- Weather Domain ---
3:Call Lightning X
4:Sleet Storm X
----- 0-Level Spells -----
Purify Food and Drink
----- 1st-Level Spells -----
----- 2nd-Level Spells -----
Endure Elements, Communal
----- 3rd-Level Spells -----
Cloak of Winds (X)
Protection from Energy
----- 4th-Level Spells -----
Freedom of Movement (X)
Ice Storm X
River of Wind
Protection from energy (CL7)
Protection from evil communal
Enlarge person (2)