Marcin Roszkowski's page

5 posts. No reviews. No lists. No wishlists.


RSS


Actually, I'm going to start a AD&D 2E sandbox game this Saturday


Hi everybody!
First of all I'm sorry if this thing was mentioned and I repeat question. Well me and my friends are impressed with Pathfinder so, we decided to buy hardcover books, when game will be finally released. My question is: how many books can be packed in one box? I'd like to know if have to order one package or two.
Best regards
Martin


Gorbacz wrote:

Yes I'm from Poland (and Polish too), Poznan to be precise and I run Rise of the Runelords under PF Beta Rules. We're playing since one year and it's a blast.

Anyhooo...here's my shot.

CR 2 -2 = CR 1/2

It means we are 7 steps away from CR 6 so ... it would take ... approx. 12 CR 2 PFRPG Fighters to have a challenging encounter (it gamerspeak, an encounter which will force the party to blow some resources and bring them one step closer to the end of gaming day).

Any ideas ?

That cool with me. I thought of similar solution, when you pointed me that rule out. Thanks a lot.

BTW I'm from Warsaw and I'm DM'ing campaign loosely based on Forgotten Realms setting. We converted character while ago from 3rd edition set and it's a blast. PF is what fourth edition should be.


Gorbacz wrote:

Czesc Marcin ;)

Aren't NPCs with Class level at CR = (Total CR - 2) in Pathfinder RPG ? Or am I confuzzling here ? :)

Cześć Gorbacz!

Are you from Poland?

Going back to topic, yes, you are right! I overlooked that detail!

Best regards


Hello everybody!
First of all I'd like to say hi to all writers, game masters and players. Also, I'd like to thank for Pathfinder rules set, which revitalized my campaign. Me and my group are under big impression.

Forgive me if I try to blow an opened door and that topic was mentioned earlier. There is way to much threads to quickly read them all.

I have a problem with Encounter Level and challenge rating system, as they are presented in beta rulebook. Perhaps it's my fault (maybe I read the rule in a wrong way or misunderstood them) or there is flaw in rules. Let me explain with an example.

My group consist of four characters: cleric level 6, monk/sorcerer levels 5/1, fighter level 5 and wizard level 3. Their Average Party Level is 5 (6+6+5+3=20/4=5). I wanted to create a Challenging encounter which would have CL 6. Looking at Tables I have found that it would be four 2nd fighters. With all due respect but those four soon-to-be-suicide-maniacs would be dead in one or two rounds (depending on that if party has time to buff themselves or not). Moreover, it is not probably, they would even scratch PC's. Definitely this is not an challenging encounter.

So, here is may question. Is it a system's flaw, or have I messed with rules?

Best regards
Martin

P.S.
If somebody is interested, : here is my campaign blog