The houserules in my gaming group have evolved into something quite extensive ;)
The majority of the rules are concerning combat classes, which we thought could use a little love, and then some boost in diversity with the 5 skill points and weapon proficiencies. We've used them the last 6 months, and nothing seems broken :)
- All characters get 5 free skillpoints at creation - they can only be used on professions/performs/crafts skills
- Crafting is measured in GP, not SP to speed up crafting as a player
- Rules to improve DC, AoE, duration and such for alchemy, traps and poisons
- Classes with high BAB get 3 weapon proficiencies, medium BAB get 2 and low BAB get 1 (each can only be spent to be proficient in 1 weapon. longsword, halberd etc.)
- Those feats who have been removed, or if 1 feat grants the entire feat-chain: Power attack, combat expertise, two weapon fighting
etc. isn't prerequisites for other feats anymore
- Power attack isn't a feat. If you want to sacrifice "to hit" for "damage" you just do it.
- Deadly im isn't a feat. If you want to sacrifice "to hit" for "damage" you just do it.
- Combat expertise isn't a feat. If you want to sacrifice "to hit" for "AC" you just do it.
- Point blank shot isn't a feat. if you are 30' or less from an opponent, and use ranged weapons you get +1 "to hit"
- Mounted combat isn't a feat. If you got 5 ranks in the ride skill, you can try and negate a "hit" as the feat discribes.
- Lunge isn't a feat. If you got BAB +6 you can make a melee attack with +5ft reach and get -2AC until next turn.
- Cleave is a standard action, which works just as the feat (Great cleave is still a feat).
- Weapon finesse is changed. All light weapons can hit with dex instead of strength. This feat, is if you want to hit with dex, on other weapons like: curve blade, rapier spiked chain etc.
- Quickdraw also gives +2 init
- Skill focus grants +5 toa skill and +8 if you got 10 ranks in the skill
- Skill feats with a +2, +2 bonus now grants +3, +3 and if you got 10 ranks, or more +6, +6.
- Vital strike is a feat, but not a feat-chain. You get the feat once, and it improves up the feat-chain when you meet prerequisites
- Two weapon fighting is a feat, but not a feat-chain. You get the feat once and it improves up the feat-chain when you meet prerequisites.
- Weapon focus gives you +1 to hit with a group of weapons, as described in fighter weapon groups
- Combat maneuver feat-chains is 1 feat each. If you get improved trip (uses up 1 feat) you get greater trip for free when you meet prerequisites
- Weapon proficiency gives you proficiency in a group of weapons, as described in fighter weapon groups
- Crossbows can be made mighty just as bows - with alternative reloading times if you don't meet the minimum strenght requirement
- Slings do damage as if it were 1 size category larger - to make it a more viable weapon