"I serve to protect the innocent from the dark horrors of the worlds beyond.
I serve Iomedae the Inheritor.
I serve the Mendevian Crusade.
I serve the Pathfinder Society as a means to which we may find new avenues to fight the Worldwound.
The past cannot be undone. There will be time to mourn when I join her in the world beyond...if the Gods see fit to grant me that privilege. I simply wish to tell her that I'm sorry, since I have not yet been fully able to honor her final wish the way Lorimar and Ardyn did.
I hope that, should he meet her first, that Rethovel will remember who we once were...and not disappoint her any further...
Until that day comes, I will wield the sword Daidelos(Elven for "Everlasting Cold") against the demonic hordes until every last one of them has been sent back to where they came from, or banished to the utter destruction of the Maelstrom.
I will carry forth my justice, and I will not be denied."
The Crusader’s Oath:
“I do so swear under the Light, by the Sword and Scales of Truth and all the fires of heaven, to undertake this holy Crusade. I pledge to guard heart, spirit, body, and mind from the corruption of this Wound upon the World. I furthermore promise and declare that I shall wage relentless war against the Spawn of the Pit and their manifold legions, as directed by those with charge of this Crusade and whenever opportunity presents, to extirpate and annihilate their execrable race and any who serve them.”
The Paladin Code of Iomedae:
• I will learn the weight of my sword. Without my heart to guide it, it is worthless—my strength is not in my sword, but in my heart. If I lose my sword, I have lost a tool. If I betray my heart, I have died.
• I will have faith in the Inheritor. I will channel her strength through my body. I will shine in her legion, and I will not tarnish her glory through base actions.
• I am the first into battle, and the last to leave it.
• I will not be taken prisoner by my free will. I will not surrender those under my command.
• I will never abandon a companion, though I will honor sacrifice freely given.
• I will guard the honor of my fellows, both in thought and deed, and I will have faith in them.
• When in doubt, I may force my enemies to surrender, but I am responsible for their lives.
• I will never refuse a challenge from an equal. I will give honor to worthy enemies, and contempt to the rest.
• I will suffer death before dishonor.
• I will be temperate in my actions and moderate in my behavior. I will strive to emulate Iomedae’s perfection.
• I shall never let lesser evils distract me from the pursuit of just vengeance.
"I am not a part of a game
I am not a moth to a flame
I am both man and brigade
I won't be denied or restrained
I am what the weak can't obtain
I am what survives if it's slain
I am rest in peace if you aim
I am not built of the same..."
"...Hatred without focus make the eager man fall
Violence without purpose make the mighty man small
Vengeance without mercy leave the noble man flawed
And insurrection mounts behind those battle lines drawn"
- Nice to Meet Me
"Stance still like the world on pause
Eased breath of a wind pre-storm
Firm grasp, let the blade conform
Manifest thy will, transform
Become sword unsheathed, cut raw
Become myth turned life, real lore
Meet the rage on the field of war
But never drink of the blood that pours"
- Teachings of a Ronin