RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint"

Game Master Hunger

Something sinister is happening in Sandpoint and only our heroes can stop it. See what happens when a group loses DM after DM and yet the heroes forge on!


7,851 to 7,900 of 7,900 << first < prev | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | next > last >>

Female Assimar(Idyllkin) Oracle of Battle/4 - Paladin/2 [HP 61/61; AC27,T13,FF26; F+12,R+7,W+11; Per+7; Init +1(roll twice)]

The small tin can warrior continues her defensive tactics, but seeks to aid her companion as well.

Fight Defensive - AC30

Attack-aid another: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 10 - 4 = 26 vs DC10 <-- what a waste of a crit
--> +2 on next attack for Kithian (should make this attach a 19)


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 2

Well, by the sounds emanating from the building, they are enjoying themselves.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 3/UC Rogue 4 | AC 22/14/18 (uncanny dodge), hp 42/46; 10/10 Bardic; Effect: None

DM Hunger:
Camillo greases the area in the room immediately in front of the door before readying his bow for a shot next round.


Kithian slams the ogrekin again who doubles over in pain and screams as the massive blow drives him to his knees. He rises again on unsteady feet, it's clear that he will not last much longer.

From behind the creatures, the familiar voice of Camillo calls out arcane words of power, and a sheen of grease coats the floor under the ogrekin. The uninjured ogrekin retains his footing, but the injured one falls in a mess of tangled limbs prone.

The ogrekin who fell attempts to stand again provoking AoOs, but fails to do so and tumbles back to the ground.

The ogrekin who remains standing swings at Sayniek, obviously trying to get her out of the way, but his spear bounces off her armor, barely leaving a scratch.

GM Screen:

1d20 ⇒ 19
1d20 ⇒ 10
1d20 ⇒ 10
1d20 ⇒ 13


Male Half Orc Barbarian 5/ Oracle 1/ RP 1, Perception +7, Darkvision, Fort +8/ Ref +1/ Will +3, Init +4, AC 18, HP :76

AoO: 1d20 + 14 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 14 + 2 - 2 = 19
Damage: 2d6 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (1, 6) + 11 + 6 = 24


Female Assimar(Idyllkin) Oracle of Battle/4 - Paladin/2 [HP 61/61; AC27,T13,FF26; F+12,R+7,W+11; Per+7; Init +1(roll twice)]

Sayniek chuckles:
Can't even get past a little girl? So sad for a big ogre like you.

Continue fighting defensively.

Attack-aid another: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 10 - 4 = 9 <-- vs DC10
-->wow, hard to miss that, no aid another unless there is some modifier that I missed


The ogrekin on the ground screams as Kithian's attack crushes his chest. Only a moment passes before the ogrekin stops breathing.

The remaining ogrekin attempts to hit Sayniek again, but completely misses her.

A loud crash echoes throughout the house, and a horrible scream cuts through the noise and din of battle. The scream is shrill and coarse, a sound of both misery and anger.

GM Screen:
1d20 ⇒ 11


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 2

A shrill scream? An ogress maybe? Did my comrades just annoy the mother of this brood?


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 3/UC Rogue 4 | AC 22/14/18 (uncanny dodge), hp 42/46; 10/10 Bardic; Effect: None

Does my position give me any insight into the location of the source of the scream?


AC 13/11/11 | 2/5/6 | HP 44 | Init +2, Percep. +10 CMD 13 Slots: | 1st-8 2nd-7 3rd-4 | Arcane Bolt 9/day

Pinocchio starts rocking back and forth on his feet while patiently waiting for the mean things to die.


Female Assimar(Idyllkin) Oracle of Battle/4 - Paladin/2 [HP 61/61; AC27,T13,FF26; F+12,R+7,W+11; Per+7; Init +1(roll twice)]

While Sayniek wants to move forward and find the source of the shouting, she knows that a threat behind is a major problem, so instead, she continues to stand her ground and harass the ogre, expecting super-Kithian to eliminate the problem shortly.

Fight Defensively: AC30

Attack(aid another): 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 10 - 4 = 17 vs DC10
--> +2 attack for Kithian


Male Half Orc Barbarian 5/ Oracle 1/ RP 1, Perception +7, Darkvision, Fort +8/ Ref +1/ Will +3, Init +4, AC 18, HP :76

Power attack:1d20 + 14 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 14 + 2 - 2 = 22

Damage: 2d6 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (4, 3) + 11 + 6 = 24


The final ogrekin screams as Kithian's falchion bites deep into the monster's chest. Blood sprays up in a grisly fountain as the ogrekin falls backward clutching feebly at the massive wound.

From behind Camillo, a massive explosion rocks the house and several walls disappear as magical fire incinerates them.

Between the ruined walls, an enormous female ogrekin sits on some kind of bed. From her size, it appears as if she is immobile. Despite her limited mobility, she is clearly angry as froth and spit fly from her mouth as she hurls curses and insults as you.

She is forty feet away from the doorway, and the path is considered rough terrain due to the debris, falling patches of roof, etc.

Camillo, it was from "behind" you. Sorry, not much more to add - that said, you kind of lost a turn, so if you want an extra one, go ahead and take it.

Vidar, just curious, where are you during this battle?


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 2

Vidar is/was on the way to rejoin the others.


Okay, you can have him arrive this round. Hole in the side of the house where Kithian made his own door, or the front door where Camillo entered are the easiest ways to get inside from where you are.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 5/ Oracle 1/ RP 1, Perception +7, Darkvision, Fort +8/ Ref +1/ Will +3, Init +4, AC 18, HP :76

"What in Gorum's spiked cod piece is that?"


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 2

Vidar moves towards the opening in the wall that his suggestion caused to be.
It cannot be called an ELEGANT solution to be sure, but it is certainly A solution.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 3/UC Rogue 4 | AC 22/14/18 (uncanny dodge), hp 42/46; 10/10 Bardic; Effect: None

Does she appear to have used a fireball that caused the destruction? Does she appear to be the source of the scream? Your description implies it's source is elsewhere.


Yes, you would assume it was a fireball, just straight though, not meta-feats. And yes, apologies for the poor word choice on my part - the scream came from her. She's angry, screaming, and flinging destructive magic around her house.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 3/UC Rogue 4 | AC 22/14/18 (uncanny dodge), hp 42/46; 10/10 Bardic; Effect: None

Do I have cover from her? If not, I will be seeking some after this.

Camillo puts a little magic into his weapon, brings the bow up and fires at whatever or whoever the fire-flinger is.

Composite Shortbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9 arcane strike + Sneak attack, if applicable: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5


AC 13/11/11 | 2/5/6 | HP 44 | Init +2, Percep. +10 CMD 13 Slots: | 1st-8 2nd-7 3rd-4 | Arcane Bolt 9/day

Gorum has a spiked codpiece? Metal... pinocchio comments. He skips toward the door to see if he can locate the screamer.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 2

"Well, seeing as he is depicted as an animated armour, it would make sense that his codpiece was metal. Spike on the other hand...well, it would protect against groin attacks I expect."
...
...
Wait, why are we talking about Gorum's groin area?


Female Assimar(Idyllkin) Oracle of Battle/4 - Paladin/2 [HP 61/61; AC27,T13,FF26; F+12,R+7,W+11; Per+7; Init +1(roll twice)]

Sayniek looks at the big ugly ogre and sighs before looking up at Kithian.
Looks like we have another one.

She then turns and heads toward the giant spell casting menace.

Double move to get next to the caster.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 5/ Oracle 1/ RP 1, Perception +7, Darkvision, Fort +8/ Ref +1/ Will +3, Init +4, AC 18, HP :76

Charge!!!!

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 2 - 2 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 2 - 2 + 14 = 36
Confirm crit! 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 14 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 36
Damage: 2d6 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (4, 4) + 11 + 6 = 25
Crit Damage: 2d6 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (1, 3) + 11 + 6 = 21


AC 13/11/11 | 2/5/6 | HP 44 | Init +2, Percep. +10 CMD 13 Slots: | 1st-8 2nd-7 3rd-4 | Arcane Bolt 9/day

Good Lard! Foe falls to the ground in filets.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 3/UC Rogue 4 | AC 22/14/18 (uncanny dodge), hp 42/46; 10/10 Bardic; Effect: None

Never happens... but it’s the second 20 - 20 pair I’ve seen this week. The odds can’t be good of that happening.


Female Assimar(Idyllkin) Oracle of Battle/4 - Paladin/2 [HP 61/61; AC27,T13,FF26; F+12,R+7,W+11; Per+7; Init +1(roll twice)]

1 in 400 and 1 in 400, looks like 1 in 160,000 to me.


The group turns toward the caster and begins moving in her direction. The sorceress is a massively obese ogrekin who sits atop a bed covered in human skins and hair. She cackles madly as her hands continue moving as if preparing to cast another spell.

Camillo's arrow buries itself deep into her shoulder, eliciting a snarl from her as she tears it out. She is not so lucky, however, as Kithian charges through the destroyed house and sends her head flying to slam into the far wall with a sickening thud.

Several moments of silence follow as you look around and listen for any more signs of life. You maintain your guard, but it seems you are the only living creatures remaining in the house. The Graul family has been destroyed.

Congratulations, that was handled very nicely, with some excellent teamwork! You still need to explore the area, but you are no longer in combat. Just let me know what you want to do, and how if applicable, and we'll resolve what happens.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 2

"We have dealt with the immediate threat it would seem.
However, before we relax and start searching, I would recommend we go to the barn, I am concerned that it may hold something...dangerous."


AC 13/11/11 | 2/5/6 | HP 44 | Init +2, Percep. +10 CMD 13 Slots: | 1st-8 2nd-7 3rd-4 | Arcane Bolt 9/day

But maybe we can be friends! Pinocchio cheers. He skips off toward the barn.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 2

"Friends...oh yes, that does indeed seem likely, what with our track record to look back at."

Vidar hands Camillo the key he found in the barn.
"They would not keep something completely worthless behind a lock would they now?"


AC 13/11/11 | 2/5/6 | HP 44 | Init +2, Percep. +10 CMD 13 Slots: | 1st-8 2nd-7 3rd-4 | Arcane Bolt 9/day

There's always the chance of encountering a statistical outlier, grumpy pants! the doll boy rebuts.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 2

"We have, the chance of such an event being a reoccurring one is not high.
I shan't hold my breath, shall we put it like that?"


AC 13/11/11 | 2/5/6 | HP 44 | Init +2, Percep. +10 CMD 13 Slots: | 1st-8 2nd-7 3rd-4 | Arcane Bolt 9/day

"Sure! But I will, however, if you don't mind!" he winks.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 3/UC Rogue 4 | AC 22/14/18 (uncanny dodge), hp 42/46; 10/10 Bardic; Effect: None

Camillo accepts the key, looking at it closely, "Indeed, I would think not. Did you see anything that would hint as to where this would be used when you found it."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 2

"Aye, a rather large, rusty look used to hold a door that seemed to divide the barn in two closed."


Male Half Orc Barbarian 5/ Oracle 1/ RP 1, Perception +7, Darkvision, Fort +8/ Ref +1/ Will +3, Init +4, AC 18, HP :76

Kithian frowns and glances at the key. "For some reason i thunk a key and lock to be beyond these....things. Guess we can ask the two we have tied up...""


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 3/UC Rogue 4 | AC 22/14/18 (uncanny dodge), hp 42/46; 10/10 Bardic; Effect: None

"Bit of a concern, that. What would this lot feel necessary to lock away? Something dangerous? Or someone they captured? Or something else?"

Nodding at their barbarian friend, "Yeah, let's see if they can string enough intelligible syllables together to tell us something, hey?"


The group makes its way back across the property to the barn. Taking several minutes, everyone stands quiet and attempts to discern any sound or movement coming from beyond the door, but all is silent and still. You all prepare yourselves, and the door is opened.

Inside are three unconscious human men, all hanging from their hands which are tied together with ropes that are thrown over rafters. They are currently naked, and their bodies have obviously been beaten and whipped. A pile of human-sized gear is piled on a table near the wall.

Shalelu gasps, "I'll keep a watch outside."

Vidar:
Shalelu tugs at your arm before leaving. She whispers, "I need to speak with you."

Perception DC 20:
You notice a familiar tattoo on one of the men. It appears to be a Sihedron Rune. You last saw one here.

OOC: The men are all hurt, but still alive. A bit of healing is enough to bring them around.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 3/UC Rogue 4 | AC 22/14/18 (uncanny dodge), hp 42/46; 10/10 Bardic; Effect: None

"Kithian, hold him up while I untie him. No need to let him fall in his condition. Lady knight, I hope you will be able to revive them."

Rinse and repeat for the other two.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

As he's working on the knots on the second man, the rogue pauses and points at a tattoo on the man's shoulder. "This looks familiar. He's been marked with that rune. What's it called, Vid... I'll ask when he returns."


Male Half Orc Barbarian 5/ Oracle 1/ RP 1, Perception +7, Darkvision, Fort +8/ Ref +1/ Will +3, Init +4, AC 18, HP :76

Kithian frowns and calls upon the Lord in Iron to heal the mans wounds.

Cure light 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


AC 13/11/11 | 2/5/6 | HP 44 | Init +2, Percep. +10 CMD 13 Slots: | 1st-8 2nd-7 3rd-4 | Arcane Bolt 9/day

Pinocchio is delighted to see that it isn't a monster.
Perception take 10 for 20.
Hey! That's exciting! Humans! More of you! That's great!


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 2

A little unsure of what is going on, Vidar nevertheless allow the others to tend to the men while he steps out to join Shalelu.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 5/ Oracle 1/ RP 1, Perception +7, Darkvision, Fort +8/ Ref +1/ Will +3, Init +4, AC 18, HP :76

Kithian eases the men down from where they hang and blesses them.

Cure light wounds 1more times on those who need it.
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Female Assimar(Idyllkin) Oracle of Battle/4 - Paladin/2 [HP 61/61; AC27,T13,FF26; F+12,R+7,W+11; Per+7; Init +1(roll twice)]

CLW: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Sayniek is appalled by the injuries to the men, and quickly heals the last of the group, also handing them their clothes before turning around to allow them some privacy as they get dressed.


The men awaken, and all seem relieved, and exhausted, when they realize that you are not the ogrekin back for more fun. One of the men, an older one with only one eye finally introduces himself, "We cannot thank you enough for saving us. We are all that is left of the Black Arrows. I am Jakardros, and this is Vale and Kaven. I am... was... second-in-command of Fort Rannick. We were on patrol, and when we returned, we found the Fort being assaulted by a giant tribe known as the Kreegs. We tried to attack, but they were waiting for us. We lost half our force in the first wave. We tried to pull back and escape through the wild lands, but those monsters hunted us down. The Grauls - the family of ogrekin that you killed here - captured us."

OOC: Kavan has the tattoo.

Sense Motive DC 15:
Jakardros is very despondent, and certainly blames himself for the loss of the Fort. There is something else going on here, but you get the sense that Jakardos isn't to blame - despite his feelings of guilt.

Perception DC 15:
You notice that Kaven is attempting to keep the tattoo out of sight. He's trying to be subtle, but not doing a very good job of it.

Vidar:
Shalelu is shaken. She takes a moment, then finally speaks in a tumble. "One of those men, the older one, his name is Jakardros Sovark. He... He's my father. He abandoned me after my mother was killed. I need to... I don't know. Find out why he did that. But now - he was almost dead. And I don't even know him! Vidar, what should I do?"


AC 13/11/11 | 2/5/6 | HP 44 | Init +2, Percep. +10 CMD 13 Slots: | 1st-8 2nd-7 3rd-4 | Arcane Bolt 9/day

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Pinocchio quickly notices the behavior and bounces up to him like a five year old who's had too much sugar. HEY! What's that! Can I see! Can I see? Pleeeeeeeeeeese!


Male Half Orc Barbarian 5/ Oracle 1/ RP 1, Perception +7, Darkvision, Fort +8/ Ref +1/ Will +3, Init +4, AC 18, HP :76

Sense motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 2

Shalelu:

Vidar strokes his beard thoughtfully, his answer was already clear, but he needed a moment to find the right words.
"I cannot tell you what you SHOULD do, but I can tell you what *I* WOULD do and allow you to use that.
I am an orphan, abandoned while a little child.
Raised on the mean streets of Riddleport and only surviving thanks to the kindness of a stranger.
*I* would confront him, *I* would ask the questions you feel growing inside of you, *I* would get ANSWERS...."

Vidar shakes his head before putting his hands on Shalelu's shoulders and looks into her eyes as he slowly touch his forehead to hers.

"I think you need this my love, for yourself more than anything else."


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 3/UC Rogue 4 | AC 22/14/18 (uncanny dodge), hp 42/46; 10/10 Bardic; Effect: None

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Camillo takes the former second-in-command by the shoulders. "Hey. Sure as Desna likes butterflies, there's something big going on here." He looks at his friends, "Seems like everywhere we go, we find more strange behavior - evil things getting all excited and causing problems like they never have before. I have no doubt, whatever happened here, you were up against it whether you realized it or not. You are not to blame for anyone who died."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

"You have lived to tell the tale, but more importantly, bring some measure of vengeance against these monsters." He nods at Sayniek, "That one specializes in vengeance, so we've come prepared. What can you tell us about what we'll find at the Fort. And are you sure the others were all killed? Maybe some others were held like you three..."

7,851 to 7,900 of 7,900 << first < prev | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.