Navior's Jade Regent (Inactive)

Game Master Navior


1,201 to 1,250 of 3,213 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

Female Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (conjuration) 2

Navior:
Corinna stops by her mother's room on her way up to hers, unable to avoid being a little cheered up by the look on Alil's face. "Mother?" she knocks, pushing the door open a smidge before being invited in. "I just wanted to let you know I spoke with Uncle, and there won't be any more sneaking in or out of the house under false pretences. It was childish of me not to be honest about it in the first place. I suppose no matter how old I get, I always see him as frightening and not to be bearded," she smiles.


Malan takes the newcomer's hand. "Good evening to you too. I am Malan. This is Gilfroy, Melon, and The Blue Rajah." He indicates each in turn. "We have been entering the swamp lately, first after goblins, now after undead. We could indeed use someone with your skills, if you indeed have the skill you claim."


Stats:
Hp's: 78/78; AC: 24(19 w/o shield)/touch 17/ff 22(17 w/o shield); Int: +2; Fort: +9, Ref: +8, Will +12; Per. +16; CMD 19

That's a freaking cool pic, Wander. I've never seen that one.

Rajah stands and formaly greets the half-elf. "Rajah. A pleasure. Now, pay no mind to our overly skeptical gnome friend," Rajah smiles wryly at Gilfroy, "that's what makes him who he is. And I feel you would be a welcome addition to this group! We could most definitely use one such as yourself, seeing how, we have had quite a bit of difficulty in the swamp here of late. So... welcome!"


Half Elf Spirit Ranger / 2

It's one of the brand new pics, Rajah. Handy timing for a new PC!

Tevyn's lips curve up into a hint of a smile at the gnome's suspicions. "I've heard it said that our lives are a game to the gods, who are content to move us about like pieces on some unimaginable board. As it happens, I was hoping to find work with Sandru's crew. I've a taste to see the broader world away from Sandpoint. But if there's work to be had in the swamps, well, it's better than nothing. Besides, had I been here a few nights ago I might have been able to offer my help when the dogs were stolen by those goblins. Whatever reasons Desna had for keeping me away, it seems she's ready for me to take part now."

Glancing toward the one of the unoccupied chairs, Tevyn asks, "Mind if I sit with you? I've been told you had need for someone who knows the swamp. What is it you're looking for? Sheriff Hemlock told me earlier this morning that the goblins had already been dealt with."


Stats:
Hp's: 78/78; AC: 24(19 w/o shield)/touch 17/ff 22(17 w/o shield); Int: +2; Fort: +9, Ref: +8, Will +12; Per. +16; CMD 19

Rajah steps aside, "Please do. Please do. And to answer your question; it's skeletons we are looking for." As he says that he raises an eyebrow thinking that sounded a bit strange. "You know, that..." he starts but realizes he's starting to ramble. "Anyway, these skeletons are what spooked the goblins and took their treasure. We were attempting to follow them but they have this uncanny knack of being able to cross right through the river without a single worry of drowing." He stops to ponder that a moment, then shrugs. "You know, you have gotta give them credit, that is quite the handy ability." He can't help but admit.


"Yesterday we realized that we were woefully under equipped to handle the swamp. What supplies and gear do you suggest for us?"


Melon expands on the details a bit, "We have four things of interest in the swamp, currently, a map we have features two shipwrecks - one which we've seen already now (boring) - as well as a cave. Also we found a big set of tracks leaving the goblin village."


Half Elf Spirit Ranger / 2

Tevyn nods thoughtfully. "Well you want to travel relatively light in the swamps; the bogs and marshes are difficult enough to traverse in without being weighed down with a heavy pack. Otherwise, rope is always handy in case someone gets stuck or for help getting across the rivers. A compass is useful if you aren't good with directions. If you expect to be out there after dark you'll want light but something you can keep well controlled; the swamp is full of a lot more than just moths that are drawn by flame. A hammock will keep you dryer than a bedroll."

He shrugs. "It all really depends on how long you plan to be out there and how far you want to go." He turns his attention to Melon. "There are any number of things that could be leaving tracks. Leaving the goblin village, however? And not, I presume, goblin tracks?"


F/R/W: +3/-1/+2 (+3 vs illusions) AC 10/10/10; Max HP 9; Current HP 9 Effects:

"Walked straight into the river, along the bottom, and out the other side," Gilfroy says almost like a challenge, "dragging something heavy."


Half Elf Spirit Ranger / 2

Tevyn is intrigued by that last detail. "Interesting. How far have you followed the tracks?"


Stats:
Hp's: 78/78; AC: 24(19 w/o shield)/touch 17/ff 22(17 w/o shield); Int: +2; Fort: +9, Ref: +8, Will +12; Per. +16; CMD 19

"Not far at all really. Once they crossed the river; we were at an impasse. It was then decided to return back here. Well, after a bit of discussion." He says, not bothering to go into detail.


"Ok, Sandru, we will need the stuff he said. Note: make a list of stuff.
"Tevyn, I think you would be a welcome addition. We do not have much to pay with, but I do not think the others would object to having an equal share of any spoils we uncover."


Stats:
Hp's: 78/78; AC: 24(19 w/o shield)/touch 17/ff 22(17 w/o shield); Int: +2; Fort: +9, Ref: +8, Will +12; Per. +16; CMD 19

"No objections here! I think that's a fine idea, Malan! What say you, good sir?" He asks with great vigor.


Half Elf Spirit Ranger / 2

The ranger is still mulling over the possibilities for what may have caused the tracks Rajah had spoken of.

"I suppose it could be skeletons who made those tracks based on what you've said. I'd certainly be interested in seeing if that's true. I've seen a number of things in the swamps over the years but not walking skeletons."

He nods as he makes his decision. "Well you've awakened my curiosity and as I said, I've been looking for some work. I'd be happy to lend my skills to your efforts for a share in whatever spoils we come upon."


Stats:
Hp's: 78/78; AC: 24(19 w/o shield)/touch 17/ff 22(17 w/o shield); Int: +2; Fort: +9, Ref: +8, Will +12; Per. +16; CMD 19

"Good show!" He says excitedly. "Glad to have you aboard, my good man!" He pats him on the shoulder.


"You seen non-walking skeletons then?" Melon inquires curiously, "they might be biding their time then, lying there in wait until someone comes for their treasure."


Corinna:
Corinna's mother smiles at her. "I'm glad to hear that, Corinna. Your uncle can be rather intimidating, but in his own way, he only wants what's best for you and the rest of us. Well, what he thinks is best, at any rate." She frowns slightly, but then smiles broadly. "Anyway, it's great that you've cleared the air with him."


"Well, that looks settled then!" Sandru says and raises his mug. "To the success of your expedition!" After mugs are clinked together, he says, "Bevelek and Vankor can gather the things you need and have them waiting for you in the morning. Just drop by to pick them up and settle payment."


Female Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (conjuration) 2

Navior:
"You're right, of course," Corinna sighs. "I think the longer I try to keep things from him, the guiltier I feel and the more I convince myself he'd never understand or approve.... And he doesn't," she admits with a laugh. "But that doesn't mean he's going to lock me in a tower like an ogre in a story. After all, I don't approve of his choice of a bride," she goes on in a low voice, as if afraid someone might be listening at the keyhole, "but that doesn't mean I don't wish him happiness and fulfillment. I just wish Alil weren't such a social-climbing pill," she finishes, making an awful face, then smiling at her mother to indicate she's joking ... almost. "Night, mother. I intend to go into town in the morning to buy a few things. If there's anything you'd like me to pick up for you while I'm there, let me know at breakfast; I'd be happy to." She kisses her mother goodnight and heads back to her room.


Half Elf Spirit Ranger / 2

"Non-walking skeletons?" Tevyn studies Melon curiously, one eyebrow slightly raised. "There are any number of skeletons throughout the swamp, moldering amongst the lichen, bogs, and mushrooms. People, goblins, all manner of beasts that have died in one way or another. That in itself is nothing unusual. What you have all spoken of, walking skeletons that actually attacked the goblin village; that's something quite new."

He lifts his own goblet of sweet red wine to Sandru's toast. "Success and new companions."


The evening gradually winds down into night. Even though you don't feel you accomplished anything today, Ameiko still provides free room and board. She says that as long as you're continuing to attempt to do good work for Sandpoint, you deserve it. "You can't expect perfect success every day," she says.

7 ROVA, 4711

DAY'S XP: 250 each
CURRENT TOTALS: Blue Rajah 1501; Corinna 1101; Gilfroy 1501; Malan 1101; Melon 1101; Tevyn 1101
I'm giving Tevyn the same total Aago would have had, as I see no reason for him to start behind the others.

You awake to another bright, sunny day. Luckily, this morning, you're not suffering from the hangovers of yesterday (well, at least not to the same extent).

Do you have a complete list of the supplies you want to pick up from Sandru?


Female Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (conjuration) 2

Navior:
Without secrets and shame hanging over her head, Corinna comes down to breakfast in the morning with a pleasant smile on her face, humming a quiet tune. Of course, it's always possible Alil could do something to ruin her good mood... but if not, she'll eat a hearty meal and head to Sandpoint, looking to purchase supplies.


Tevyn, tell the man what we'll need.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Corinna:
Breakfast goes quite pleasantly. Alil doesn't do anything to ruin Corinna's mood, although she doesn't speak to Corinna unless Corinna speaks to her first.

What does she want to purchase in Sandpoint?


Female Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (conjuration) 2

Navior:
She wants a blanket and a waterskin. Can she purchase a waterproof bedroll? A waterproof bag is five times the price of a sack, so maybe a waterproof bedroll would have a similar markup over a normal one? Also, some rations, although she's going to exit through the kitchen and ask them to make her some sandwiches to take with her; they're sure to be more appetizing than trail rations, and she hopes not to be away more than one night.


"Ameiko, when last did you see such an exciting bunch of upstarts, out to make Sandpoint a better place?"


Half Elf Spirit Ranger / 2

Shopping List: Rope, Bullseye Lantern and Oil and hammocks if they're available. Antidotes if they're available and we can afford it. Any other suggestions from people? I'm not personally an expert on traveling in the swamp even if Tevyn is so I'm all for OOC suggestions. Can the group even afford this stuff? Tevyn doesn't have much coin remaining.

Tevyn arrives at the Rusty Dragon just as the first of the party are coming downstairs. He nods a good morning to the group.

"Good morning, Ameiko," he says with a polite nod. "Might I have some tea and some of that fresh bread? By Desna's word, you make the best bread in town."

Charisma Check for a smile: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16


We all just got a payout of 36gp each. Tevyn has at least that much from Malan.


Melon Sash wrote:
"Ameiko, when last did you see such an exciting bunch of upstarts, out to make Sandpoint a better place?"

"A couple years ago," Ameiko answers without even pausing to think. "They were saving the town from giants."

She places a basket of fresh bread on the table. "Tea coming right up," she says to Tevyn.


Corinna:
Given Sandpoint's proximity to swamps, it seems reasonable you could find a waterproof bedroll. I'm fine with the same markup as a waterproof bag. You can find all the other items at standard price.


Ameiko returns a short while later with tea and more bread. She gives Tevyn a little smile as she places the tea in front of him. He gains his +1 to saves for the day.

You finish your breakfasts and proceed to Sandru's caravan to pick up the supplies you requested. As promised, Bevelek and Vankor have them ready for you.

The rope, bullseye lantern, oil, and hammocks come to a total of 13 gp and 7 sp. They don't have any antitoxin available, but you could pick up some in town at the standard book price of 50 gp per vial if you wish.


Female Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (conjuration) 2

Navior:
Character sheet updated with purchases. Before leaving the house, Corinna slips up behind her mother and hugs her. "I might not be back tonight. Don't worry about me... well, no more than you do when I'm in Korvosa, anyway," she smiles. "I'll let Mrs. Hasmel know not to expect me for supper."

Having packed her small satchel, she exits through the kitchen. "Mrs. Hasmel," she says politely, "I don't expect to be back for dinner tonight -- or breakfast tomorrow, for that matter. Would you mind very much wrapping up a few sandwiches for me to carry and maybe some fruit or cheese, like you do when I'm ready to board the carriage for Korvosa? A little taste of home?"

After she either does or doesn't have the snacks, she heads for Sandpoint and a store where she can buy supplies.


"You're right! I remember hearing about it while I was in Magnimar; figures that the big things happened here while I was gone," Melon nods appreciatively at the fresh new bread, grabbing a small loaf about as fast as the tray hits the table. "But this time is different! This time we're both here! What you say, Ameiko, you join us in the swamps today? It'll be fun! And your helpers can easily run this place for the day. Right?"


Melon Sash wrote:
"You're right! I remember hearing about it while I was in Magnimar; figures that the big things happened here while I was gone," Melon nods appreciatively at the fresh new bread, grabbing a small loaf about as fast as the tray hits the table. "But this time is different! This time we're both here! What you say, Ameiko, you join us in the swamps today? It'll be fun! And your helpers can easily run this place for the day. Right?"

Ameiko frowns. "Oh, I don't know, Melon. My days of slogging through swamps are long over, really. There's more than one way to help a town, and I'm doing what I can here. And while I'm sure my staff could manage without me for a day, I wouldn't want to take off without giving them a little advance warning. But thanks for the offer. Maybe another time." She smiles.


Corinna:
Mrs Hasmel happily wraps up a few sandwiches for Corinna. "You be careful out there," she says as she hands Corinna the sandwiches.

The trip into town is uneventful, and Corinna easily finds the items she was looking for. On the way back, she encounters the others at Sandru's caravan, where they are packing up supplies.


You pack up the supplies and pay Sandru for them. Around this time, you notice Corinna coming across the bridge from Sandpoint. Looks like she's already been in town.

Are you splitting the price evenly (or as close to evenly as possible) amongst you? What about the antitoxin? Last chance to pick some up before I move things along. :)


Half Elf Spirit Ranger / 2

Tevyn smiles back as he accepts the bread and bites into a piece, closing his eyes appreciatively as he chews.

He makes sure he has swallowed the bite completely before he speaks again in response to Ameiko's answer. "Besides, we may be more than one day in the swamp if whatever it is we're looking for is far enough away."

Later, at the caravan he turns to the others. "How long do you plan to travel? It could easily be a few days if we're going deep enough and we may need to purchase food and water as well."


Female Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (conjuration) 2

Corinna smiles and picks up her pace as she approaches the caravan. "Good morning! I... oh!" She comes to a stop as she notices the unfamiliar face in the group. "I'm sorry; we haven't met.... And where is...?" She holds her hand up above her own head in an indication of height, searching for Aago.


Half Elf Spirit Ranger / 2

Not quite able to mask his surprise, Tevyn moves around the others and extends his hand in greeting.

"Tevyn. Pleasure to meet you. I've been asked to assist with the swamp. You're one of the Valdemar's, aren't you? They didn't say they were working for the family."


Malan will cover the 13gp 7sp
"He was called away on family business. We do not expect him to return soon." Indicating Tevyn, "This is Tevyn. He is a skilled survivalist and he has agreed to come with us as we search the swamp for the skeletons. Tevyn, this is the Lady Corinna Valdemar."


F/R/W: +3/-1/+2 (+3 vs illusions) AC 10/10/10; Max HP 9; Current HP 9 Effects:

"Aago -" Gilfroy starts, only to be cut off by Malan. "Yes, it is fortunate that we have Tevyn here who just happened to be looking for work and is an expert in navigating swamps."

Clearly his suspicion hasn't faded any with a night's sleep. Who's the unfriendly surly one in this party again?


Female Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (conjuration) 2

"Just Corinna," she quickly amends, taking his hand, not sure how much this half-elf might know about her family and not wanting the line of succession muddied again. "And I suppose it sort of started out as doing a job for my family ... and the Scarnettis, of course. I assume you heard about the dogs?" she asks, uncertain how well-informed the stranger is. "I must apologize for not recognizing you; it seems you're quite familiar with Sandpoint. I don't live here anymore, you see, so unless you've been here more than a decade.... Family business?" she asks Malan. "Is everything all right?"


Half Elf Spirit Ranger / 2

Tevyn opens his mouth a few times as others speak around him, stops for a second and waits to see if anyone else speaks before he tries again.

"I heard about the dogs. I'm sorry I wasn't in town when it happened, or I would have helped too. My sympathies for your family and the loss." He inclines his head with commiseration for a moment. "I've lived here almost all my life but I don't spend much time in town."

He pauses. "This Aago, that's the big loud man?"


Female Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (conjuration) 2

"Er, big and, uh, yes ... but quite kind. If you've lived here all your life, you'll know what they say about the Belwas family's lineage." All his life? He's part elven. How old is he? Does he remember the scandal surrounding my birth? She eyes him a bit nervously.


Having finished her bread, Melon prods Tevyn's arms, "Strong, and really quick, aren't you?" She studies him intently as she speaks. "Nice. The swamps will be a better place for us, with you there." She's perhaps a little uncomfortably close for a bit, but she steps away before it becomes unpleasant. "Now let's not delay much. We've got a day to catch-up with!"


F/R/W: +3/-1/+2 (+3 vs illusions) AC 10/10/10; Max HP 9; Current HP 9 Effects:
Melon Sash wrote:

Having finished her bread, Melon prods Tevyn's arms, "Strong, and really quick, aren't you?" She studies him intently as she speaks. "Nice. The swamps will be a better place for us, with you there." She's perhaps a little uncomfortably close for a bit, but she steps away before it becomes unpleasant. "Now let's not delay much. We've got a day to catch-up with!"

True to form for Melon who has a knack for being in two places at once, she also seems to bat from both sides of the plate..


Half Elf Spirit Ranger / 2

Tevyn raises an eyebrow at the mention of the Belwas family. "Oh yes, them. I suppose I have heard some of their stories. They're have a natural skill of projecting their voices for an audience."

Moving backwards in time to catch up to Melon's post-breakfast grope.

Tevyn tries to casually lean away from Melon, eyeing her warily. "I'm stronger than some and quick enough, I suppose. I also suppose I'm ready to get on with the day if the rest of you are."

Assuming that since Melon finished her bread before the boundary infringement, that means this is back at the inn.


Gilfroy Fezziwig wrote:
True to form for Melon who has a knack for being in two places at once, she also seems to bat from both sides of the plate..

The ways of woman are mysterious. Or she's making it up as she goes along. Or she's pushing a secret agenda. ;)

Tevyn wrote:
Assuming that since Melon finished her bread before the boundary infringement, that means this is back at the inn.

Actually when you are at the caravan, in my head she's been nursing the loaf for a while (along with a big mug of milk back at the inn, but she's finished that).

Melon grins at the cautious, mildly affronted, half-elf. "And you're not quick to fold, good. I liked Aago, he was similar to me. Not in the big loud wa-... okay, maybe like that too. But I mean in the way we work. It's nice to have someone by your side in battle that you can depend on. Bows... well... you will have to prove yourself. Lucky for you, there should be plenty of opportunity for that in the next days or two."


Female Human (Chelaxian) Wizard (conjuration) 2

"Oh!" Corinna suddenly realizes to whom she is speaking. "I'm sorry, yes, I know who you are now. The last time I saw you, you weren't able to grow ... all that." She makes a little embarrassed gesture to indicate his facial hair. "I mean, you were a boy. And I was a girl. Obviously. I don't believe we ever spoke, but I, er ... heard about you." She blushes a little, not intending to make any reference to his origin story. Glass houses, after all.


Half Elf Spirit Ranger / 2

Absently running his hand through his hair before smoothing his beard, Tevyn says, "Right. We're all older now but I don't think your family would think any better of me." For the first time he remembers something his father had once said, with some anger, many years before. He didn't know or even care if it was true but he carefully kept his face smooth.

After checking to be sure his bow was still secure on his back, Tevyn pulls his hood up over his head. "Is there anything else that we need? It might not hurt to have an extra waterskin or two and some food. The water isn't safe where we're going, even from one of the rivers."

1,201 to 1,250 of 3,213 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Navior's Jade Regent All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.