Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Tora no Senaka - The Back of the Tiger (Inactive)

Game Master Dreaming Warforged

Trouble with Goblins can lead to a lot of places, even the other side of the world...
Jade Regent AP, now in volume 3 - The Hungry Storm


1 to 50 of 3,966 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Twisting the strands of Fate

A tiger dances
Claws searching
The warrior on its back.

TORA NO SENAKA - THE BACK OF THE TIGER

Sandpoint Hinterland - A Cold Sunny Morning of the Month of Gozran, 4711

As your mount slowly finishes its climb on the Lost Coast Road south of Sandpoint, the bright sunrays typical of Gozran momentarily blinds you. Yet, the warmth they bring is a welcome relief after a cold and bitter Varisian winter. Indeed, business has been slow, and money sparse. In fact, winter was so bad that, despite the cold air, the early ride and the ominous promise of horrible and painful death, a small smile sits very still on your face.

The trail reaches a low summit and the scenery to your right opens up as the trail flirts with the edge of the cliff delineating the infamous Brinestump Marsh. As your gaze wanders its dark form, extending nearly a square mile before surrendering to Sog’s Bay, its menacing aura chills your bones and gives pause to that resting smile.

Your mind wanders. What am I doing here? Why didn’t I just say no? You ask, then recall the last few days, as news came of an emerging Goblin threat in the damp folds of Brinestump. A threat like no other, for the Goblins had found a new weapon, and that weapon had given them boldness. Two caravans were attacked and six travelers have disappeared before Sandpoint’s Sheriff had had enough and reinstated the old “Goblin Bounty”: 10 crowns per left Goblin ear; and a tantalizing bonus: 300 crowns for the head of Gutwad, the leader of the Brinestump Goblins.

Looking to your left, then to your right, you acknowledge the reassuring presence that numbers bring. Five of you should be enough. The previous group that went in numbered three, no? Yes, five is fine... You wonder, as you go from one to the other, as to the reason they stand beside you here, ready to face the madness. Was it for money? Love? Did they owe some favor? Did they get their arm twisted by a person who could sway them? Some of them you know quite well, and there might be time to discuss this on the way down the cliff.

Shalelu was quite helpful, even though she couldn’t be there by your side... A shame, for her bow spoke volumes when it came to Goblins. Still, she gave each an antitoxin, no small thing, a horse, lent, not given, for those who had none, and sound advice. You see quite well the new trail she mentioned. An easy way down, but probably not leading to the Goblins... Then she mentioned an older trail, further afield. That one you can’t see yet, and suspect will be harder to follow.

The morning sun washes the Brinestump Marsh, tree after tree, as the minutes slowly pass, yet the sunrays hardly pierce the canopy. It must be dark down there...

Let me know if you wish to head down using the New Trail (survival and climbing rolls), or try locating the Old Trail (survival and perception rolls).

Liberty's Edge

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Garand gingerly dismounts the horse he has been lent, moving like an old man in the crisp mid-morning air.

Guide my eyes, Horned Hunter. Garand thinks, as he closes his eyes and mutters an incantation to the god these southern men call Erastil. Feeling the simple magics flow like a breeze tugging at his hair, he opens his eyes and attempts to locate any sign of the Old Trail, in case they have need of it, either for the descent into the swamp, or, Hunter forbid, a hasty ascent later...

Perception, plus guidance 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Survival 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Izumi sees Garand dismount and move forward, and follows suit. He almost claps him on the back, but stops himself. He almost seems to be in a trance. Not wanting to interrupt, Izumi turns to his other companions. "I've been in this swamp once before... we must not be reckless, and I am no tracker. I will follow the lead of those who know such places." Izumi draws his bow, and motions to the horses: "Surely we aren't going to take the mounts into the bog? I've heard too many tales of horses being trapped in such muck."


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

When they first meet, Raith looks at Izumi, "So you're back? You see Ameiko yet? She was worried about you seeing as you didn't come back to see your father before he passed. You find what you were looking for out there?"

-------

Current.

Raith is keeping a wary eye on the surroundings. He's heard goblins like to ambush. He looks at Garand searching about, listens to Izumi's talk and thinks to himself, Still likes to talk too much, doesn't he..

Raith looks over to Pavel. He's not ready to move until he sees what Pavel wants to do. "Old trail or new? We take the mounts in or no?"


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Sitting uncomfortably astride the improbably named "Lily Lee", an bony nag of indeterminate age, Sorin looks forlornly at the morass of vegetation and water stretching out below them. Breath steams from both the men and horses in the chill spring air.

Sorin shifts in his saddle to look at Pavel. "Its going to be a muddy, cold morass down there. Do you remember that storm we sat in about a year back, Pavel? After four days of rain there wasn't a patch of earth that was solid, I don't think that I will ever look at mud the same way again."

"You know, if the goblins are moving about, I would suspect that they would be using the same trail repeatedly, so whichever trail they use is going to be more heavily used. From what Shalelu said, its more likely that the trail before us is connected in some manner to the goblin village."

"I think that leaving the horses and proceeding carefully on foot is an excellent idea, Izumi. We might be able to walk where the weight of a horse might be unsupportable."


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

"Goblins eat horses. We leave the horses, they might get ate. I don't mind walking back as I don't feel comfortable on a horse. Not sure everyone else would relish losing theirs., Raith casts a glance at Izumi, "Not to mention these horses are Shalelu's. Not sure she would be too happy with us if they ended up goblin food."

If you need a Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76
Raith wrote:
Raith looks over to Pavel. He's not ready to move until he sees what Pavel wants to do. "Old trail or new? We take the mounts in or no?

"Luh'let's try the nuh'new trail Miss Andosana muh'mentioned. Nuh'no sense getting in over our huh'heads right away. The horses should be fuh'fine out here- five mounts toguh'gether'll probably scuh'scare 'em off."

Sorin wrote:
Sorin shifts in his saddle to look at Pavel. "Its going to be a muddy, cold morass down there. Do you remember that storm we sat in about a year back, Pavel? After four days of rain there wasn't a patch of earth that was solid, I don't think that I will ever look at mud the same way again."

Pavel smiles wryly, tapping on his ugly boggard shield- a heavy wooden affair studded with arrow and spear heads.

"Stuh'still got my trophies."

He'll gather the reins for his horse and- if they permit it- from Raith and Sorin. From what he had seen of Izumi and Garand's riding, they knew how to take care of their own mounts. He'll lead the beasts to a sturdy tree to tie off their reins upwind from the swamp, offering an apple to each from the saddlebags and makes sure they're secure.
"They're nuh'not ours, so it doesn't hurt to spuh'spoil them a little.",Pavel says to Raith with a wink.
Handle Animal (stay command): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

He'll return to the edge of the Brinestump beside Garand and take a look into the marsh- for the Old Trail just in case and any local landmarks he may have heard about.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Terrible debut Survival check for the party ranger!
He shakes his head, nose wrinkled in disgust at the tangled saltmarsh's trackless expanse of water and vegetation.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Earlier

"I never did, and though I do not regret leaving, perhaps I should've returned sooner. How are your parents? I've not seen them since my return."

-----

"Mayhap Mr. Shadar would like to stay with the horses, seeing as how he didn't bring any real weapons." Izumi's tone is all business, but he smiles to himself, taking a little too much pleasure from belittling Raith.

"He is right though, these horses are not ours, and it would ill-behoove (Izumi chuckles at his pun) us to let them roam free. We must either take the more used and therefore more stable New Trial, or return to Sandpoint and stable the beasts." Izumi's stance is non-chalant, but he grips the bow tightly, a sign of his tension. (DC20 Sense Motive to notice this)


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Earlier

Raith's expression sours as he replies to Izumi, "Murdered by goblins." He doesn't say more after that.

-----

Raith nods to Pavel and gets off his horse. He follows Pavel about and helps him look for the old trail. "Don't take much to handle a goblin", he retorts to Izumi.

Figured we would have some time before getting to it. Raith has a quarterstaff and dagger on him. He would at least bring that so the others didn't think he was a fool.

Previous Perception was 18.
Survival untrained 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Liberty's Edge

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Garand mutters to the horse he was lent in the local Varisian tongue, urging it to remain where he leaves it and not wander off, drapping the rein over a branch, but not tying it off, in case the animal needs to flee the area.

Take 10 Handle Animal gives him a 14, and it's DC 10 to get a trained riding horse to 'stay.'

He follows Pavel's lead and gives the animal a treat, so that it will be less likely to wander off in seek of forage.

While the others talk, he studies the sky above the marshy area, seeking flights of birds, that he might interpret their movements, but whatever birds frequent this area are not cooperative, and he is left with no omens to ponder. He stows his shield, and readies his bow, annoyed by the lack of portents. A bad telling, I could prepare myself to face, but none at all?

"Have any located either of the trails that were spoken of?" he says in a low voice.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Pavel shakes his head at Izumi's suggestions for the horses.
"Thuh'they'll stay where I tell 'em to. Better nuh'not to trust the trail with 'em- we get uh'ambushed that's a recipe for a bruh'broken leg or a stuck and puh'panicked horse. They'll be fine here."


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Sorin nods at Pavel's comment. "Agreed. Four horses together will scare off most predators. We will have to rely on Desna's luck to keep them safe from those that are not scared."

He adjusts the pack on his back and points down the obvious new trail with his quarterstaff. "While the trail looks rough, it seems to be our only option for the moment. Shall we proceed?"

New trail rolls, if we go that way:
Survival 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Climbing 1d20 ⇒ 9


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

If the trail is not too steep, we can take 10 on the way down it. If it's a DC 15 or above trail, we're going to have a painful descent. If it's a DC 10 minor decline, we can be careful and descend it by taking 10. Hopefully Celestial will let us know if Take 10 is possible.
Hopefully one of us made a good enough perception to find the old trail, which I believe he said is a bit of away from here.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Izumi pauses to consider, "Very well, it seems our best course of action. Be warned though, there is more in the bog than mere goblins." That last line was spoken while looking at Raith. Izumi proceeds to inspect the remaining terrain.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 8


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Twisting the strands of Fate

Feeling confident that the horses are in no direct danger, or that would simply wander off back towards the town, the unlikely quintet starts to go down the new trail, only to have Garand spot a gap near the road ahead that looks like the old trail. As there are no goblin tracks to be found, you proceed along the road for another ten minutes on foot and find the old trail where Garand had said it might be.

This is not for the faint of heart though, as the whole thing can be resumed by the words steep and slippery. Despite the recent rain, a single goblin track is found, though it's not very recent.

You proceed down the trail...

Please all roll Climb, Survival and Perception (if you haven't rolled them already). Also, I will need the marching order. Just in case...


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Raith says, "Pavel should probably lead the way. He knows a trail better than any I know. I'll take the rear. Keep an eye out for trouble.

Raith takes up the rear guard.

Perception1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Survival untrained 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Climb1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Note: Take 10 on climb checks if I can make it down that way.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Pavel takes the lead without comment, pausing to check out the goblin track.
Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Survival (w/tracking bonus): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 = 24


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Izumi falls in behind Pavel, having put away his bow for the trecherous descent.
Climb: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 4 = 10
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Skill monkey, I am not hah

Liberty's Edge

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Garand takes the third position, but has to usher bear-spirit down the treacherous way before him.

Doh, I looked for the old trail because it was the one that *didn't* have a climb check mentioned in the OP. So much for that brilliant idea...

He mutters invocations almost non-stop as the first two take to the terrain, calling upon the Horned God to guide their hands and feet.

Guidance spells, +1 bonus to the Climb checks of everyone.

Bear-spirit's guidance-assisted climb check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Garand's guidance-assisted climb check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Perception upthread was 20, Survival was 23.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Sorin tries to keep alert to what is going on around him, but ends up focusing on just keeping his footing as he follows Garand down the steep track.

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Twisting the strands of Fate

It takes the group a little while to go down the trail. A few slips later, all of you now share a "marsh style" as you are covered to a different extent in mud and greens. The edge of the cliff now stand 40 feet above you, and you find yourselves "in the thick of it". The canopy is dark and thick, blocking most of the sky from view and bathing the whole area in a gloomy twilight. To make matter worse, the warmth of the nascent day has lifted a thin mist over the swamp. The trail is wet and dangerous, requiring slow navigation.

Just a regular day at the office...

As you make your way down the trail, Pavel and Garand notice the occasional goblin tracks, but nothing fresh. At a certain point, Pavel stops dead in its tracks, motioning for the group to stop and remain still.

50 feet in front, you can discern the shape of a small deer lying on its back, obviously dead, its side seemingly torn and bloody.

Liberty's Edge

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Garand readies his bow, and instructs bear-spirit, through their spiritual link, to be alert for danger from the waters.

"Some sort of marsh crocodile, perhaps." he mutters quietly.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

"Looks like a fresh kill.", Raith carefully studies the surroundings.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Sorin looks at the carcass for a moment, then shrugs.

"To be honest, who cares? This isn't a town square. I would be surprised if we didn't run into an animal carcass. All this tells us is that there is either a carnivore, or an animal that likes to kill deer out here. I think that I will start worrying if we run into piles of dead animals. As for the kill, why don't we just give it a wide berth, so whatever killed it doesn't get possessive."

Perception: watching for whatever killed the deer and a safe path around the deer 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Twisting the strands of Fate

You all nod at Sorin's comments. Yes, it all makes much more sense seen this way...

But...

But the deer hasn't really been eaten it appears. Just slain. Either the predator is still around, or it wasn't interested in its flesh.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

"Seems to me most animals don't leave their fresh kills on a trail. I'll feel a bit better what once Pavel figures out what killed it. As Izumi said earlier, more than goblins in the swamp", says Raith with a touch of fear.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

"Muh'might be bait..."
Pavel looks over the carcass and the mud for any tracks- and the marsh around the trail for ambush spots.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Survival (tracking): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 = 11
Know: Nature/Dungeoneering (what animal or creature could have done this?): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 191d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Liberty's Edge

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8
Pavel wrote:
"Muh'might be bait..."

"This seems likely, and we are the prey."

Garand instructs bear-spirit to remain at his side, and not explore the deer carcass.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Izumi concurs with the group, and quietly draws his sword and unslings his shield. "If we are to be the prey, I'd rather not be stalked. If we are to die, I would rather face my enemy head on than be dragged into the bog to drown." Izumi's words are brave, but a tremor in his voice gives away his fear. "If it is indeed a trap, best spring it now, and fight when we're aware."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Twisting the strands of Fate

Pavel doesn't see any ambush spots and moves forward, towards the carcass.

The deer had been lashed wildly, but none of those were in fact real kill blows. To the ranger, it almost looks as though something played with the deer before killing it...

He takes another look around, nervous, but doesn't spot any threat, then looks back and concentrates on the tracks around the deer. It's a mess, but still, he notices a clear three fingered footprint showing obvious claws. It's hard to tell if there had been more than one attacker. For sure though, it ain't an animal who did this.

Knowledge(local) or other to get an idea of the beast?

Liberty's Edge

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Knowledge (nature) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Survival 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Garand examines the three-toed print, suspecting that this is no natural beast, but wishing to at least confirm that suspicion with his training.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Knowledge Local 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Pavel shrugs and picks up the carcass with a grunt, throwing it off the trail.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Unfazed by Pavel's abruptness, Sorin smiles for a moment then follows as Pavel leads the group deeper into the swamp.

"We already knew there were unpleasant things in the swamp. Knowing that there is something in here that kills for sport is not surprising. To be honest, I am actually quite happy right now," Sorin says, despite the slimy layer of mud from waist to boot, "Its too early in the season for mosquitoes, so we aren't all swatting at winged bloodsuckers every few seconds."


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

"Ever the uh'optimist, huh?"
Should nothing else present itself on the trail, he'll keep pushing forward.


Twisting the strands of Fate

The group makes slow progress through the marsh. The way is often covered by patches of water that make it treacherous for the legs. Worst is Garand's companion, who often dries itself a little too quickly and too close to the other members of the group, who dodge out of the way when he shakes the water vigorously off and sends it flying in all directions.

Pavel does his best to stay on the trail, but it can prove challenging at times.

Please roll survival to follow the trail (same bonuses as tracks, with +2 for all members who have ranks in survival.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

That's 3, not counting companions.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Izumi only:
Izumi wonders whether this is the same beast that had attacked him. He never got a good look at it, but the viciousness and the lashes would fit the bill. That creature might just have his father's sword...


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

As Izumi follows behind Pavel, he says: "Pavel... if it's at all possible, would you be able to track that creature which killed the deer? I... I may have a personal vendetta with it." This swamp was closing in around him, and the memory of the attack was bright and clear in his mind.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Survival w/tracking and 2 companions: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 + 4 = 17

"Muh'maybe.", Pavel says, a ghost of a grin crossing his mouth,"Wuh'what kind of vuh'vendetta?"


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

"If you must know.. I've been in this swamp once before recently. I recklessly and bull-headedly charged into the swamp alone when I first heard of the problems with the goblins. I was attacked before I ever reached a goblin. I lost my treasured katana to the beast which attacked me. I wish to retrieve it." Izumi stands proud, ready for Raith to belittle him at this story.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

"Izumi, I am sorry for the loss of your katana. More importantly though, what was the beast that attacked you and do you recall any distinctive landmarks from where you were attacked? This might be the first useful information that we have about this swamp. It is unlikely that the beast and goblins live near one another, such that it will allow us to exclude a portion of the swamp from our search." Sorin observes, his brown eyes focused on Izumi.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

"We could pruh'probably find it buh'between me, Suh'sorin and Garand. I'm wuh'willing to look while we're here. Whuh'what do you guys think?"
Pavel scratches the back of his neck.
"What's a kuh'katana?"
Since I grew up out of town, I'm guessing the rivalry between Izumi and Raith is something I'd only learn about today.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Izumi only recalls that the beast was humanoid, but used claws and fangs, not weapons. He remembers a gray skin and vicious glowing green eyes...

K. local, religion or dungeoneering might help.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

"We're going to look for this thing?", says Raith and in a slightly quieter voice, "What the hell. Let's get Izumi's sword back. We'll probably need it if we run into any goblins.'. Raith follows where Pavel or Garand lead keeping his eyes open. He's feeling the tension, What am I doing out here following monsters. You can handle this. Do as your trained. You had to fight something someday otherwise you wasted your time..


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

"A katana is a sword of tien make. Instead of being a double-edged blade like this one" Izumi draws the longsword "it is singled-edged, which makes it more difficult to use in combat, but it also has more power." Izumi re-sheathes the sword. "It is more of a family hierloom and something of personal importance, rather than a resource to the group. I wouldn't want to mislead the party as it it's importance to the mission."

Izumi shifts his stance, slightly uneasy discussing his shameful loss. "From what I remember, the creature was humanoid, and attacked with claws and bites, grey skin and eyes which seemed to glow green."


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Pavel listens, nods and takes another look at the tracks, trying to put together an image of the quarry.

Liberty's Edge

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Judging that the decision has been made, Garand does not offer up an opinion, although he would be pleased if whatever this beast that kills and leaves prey to rot were to meet its end.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

"I think that at this moment, we should be concerned with the challenge that is before us. We know we need to dispatch the goblins, as they are a known threat. Wandering through the Muckfens, searching for an unknown lair is probably not wise. I propose that we continue, but keep our eyes open for any signs or trail of this beast. If we discover anything that can lead us to its lair, then we should dispose of the creature promptly. I personally believe that we will come upon the goblins long before we find this creature. If that happens Izumi, I will return here to look for your blade...after we have collected our reward."

Sorin leans against his staff and wipes sweat off of his brow, leaving a brown and green smear.

"I believe that we are quickly using up our daylight. When it gets dark, the tree-cover is going to make it stygian here. I would prefer to either find a dry patch of land or some shelter before that happens."


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

"Sorin speaks wisely. We are tasked to do something specific here, let's not get distract by personal business until we're done. We might even encounter the beast on the way, as I did on my last venture." Izumi nods, adjusting his sashimono slightly.

1 to 50 of 3,966 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tora no Senaka - The Back of the Tiger - Jade Regent IC Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.