Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

SR's - Great Southern Isles (PbP) (Inactive)

Game Master stormraven

High-Power Pathfinder Homespun Game


201 to 250 of 7,012 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

DM

So what's the call?


STONE-FACED KILLA

Ushari Bluff (AA for Jayse)1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Jayse Bluff (to act injured and less of a threat) 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 2 = 24; AA

When the spear-wielding stranger gets within about 60 ft, Jayse stumbles towards him, limping terribly, supporting himself with his walking staff in one hand (quarterstaff) and Ushari under the other shoulder.

Trying to appear disarming and in need here.

"Hello, there, stranger! Can we get some help, please? Our ship was lost in a storm at sea, and we've washed up here. Where are we? Is there a town nearby?"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14.


Ushari is close to tears, as she adds, "Ohh! Please help us! I think he is hurt! He can barely walk!"

Good call on this idea, Jayse.


DM

You wait for the fellow to draw closer before launching your thespianic ploy. You see he is a thin human of advancing years. His hair and beard are white and he wears patchwork clothes of functional leather with an odd, jaunty, brimless cap. You'd guess he's in his early 60's. Despite his years, he appears hardy with a wiry body and knotty muscles. He is tanned from a lifetime of outdoor work. He carries a boar-spear over his shoulder, a serviceable knife at his hip, and a very smooth and unusually long backpack.

He looks surprised and curious to see you. When you launch into your drama - He hesitates for a moment then continues trudging towards you, his spear stays on his shoulder but he loosens it a bit.

His voice is high but strong, "Aye, that was a fierce blow we had the other night! Sorry to hear about your ship, but you're lucky to be alive - broke foot or no... As for where ya are, this is Amador Isle, damn near the Furthest Coast! If you'd drifted a bit more South you wouldna never seen land again - just the Deep Blue. Very lucky for you."

He stops 10' short and eyes you carefully. "As for helping you..." he looks at you strangely, "You ain't from around these parts or you'd know - we Amadorans take care of ourselves and friendly folks that wash up. It's good luck to take in strangers. So maybe helping you will improve my catch."

He plants his spear in the ground. It is a wicked looking thing. 2' of leaf-shaped steel followed by a 6" row of serrated blade culminating in a sharped steel cross-member. The handle is thick wood perhaps 4' in length. He steps closer, clearly trying to not appear a threat. "I ain't no healer but I should look at that wound. Chances are I can help with it... and we got a bit of a hike to get you someplace civil."

rolls:
Perception 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 4 = 11 Spot the characters @ 40+'.
Perception As above with only a -2 for decreased distance
Sense Motive v DC:24 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Ushari watches the strange man closely. When he mentions where the party has been marooned Amador Isle., she wracks her memory, trying to see if the words triggered any recollection of past memories.

She responds to the man, "Oh, thank you SOooo much!" as she bats her long eyelashes at him. "I hope you can help him!"

Sense Motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 on the man, does he appear to be friendly? YEP, he is like my long lost grandfather, he he.


DM

The old man seemed initially friendly, but now his mood is more guarded. He looks at Ushari skeptically. "Miss, if you're with that fellow - why're you battin' your eyelashes at me like me wife?" He takes a step back and rest his hand on his spear. He glances around. "What're you two playin' at? If you wanna to rob me, I ain't some Merchant Prince from Vir-Az. All I got is what ya see."

rolls:
Bluff v Ushari's SM 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
Perception v previous stealths 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 4 = 7 Distance

Explanation:
If you are wondering why the fellow is suspicious. I think there are many situations where what characters (including NPC's) say and do can influence a situation without the need for rolls. So I use a 'common sense' approach at times. In a more critical situation - rolls will be the norm and my default position. Here, I think common sense is applicable. Ushari is an admitted castaway, 'almost in tears', and clearly with a young studly guy. For her, a pretty 17 year old, to all of a sudden bat her eyes and play coy/flirty with a 60 year old guy strikes him as 'odd enough' to re-evaluate the situation. If you guys would prefer to play strictly by rolls, I will do that - but I will be assigning heavy penalties and bonuses when really odd stuff happens that would trigger anyone's spidey-sense.


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayce chuckles and cuts his eyes over to Ushari, "She's not my wife. I've only known her a few days." He looks back at the man sincerely, "And we certainly mean you and your money no harm. We're honestly just a few strangers shipwrecked and lost, and we'd appreciate and surely try to pay you back fo any aid you could render to us."

Jayce keeps up the charade of injury... for the moment, using the time to get a feel for the man.

Sense Motive- is there any malice or deceipt in the stranger? 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19.


DM

Using the previous rolls...

Jayse feels confident the gent was sincerely concerned and wanted to be helpful - as evidenced by the fact he left his spear behind him so as not to appear 'threatening' to the castaways.

The cold cast of his eye now seems a reaction to Ushari's flirtations and something Jayse just said. His hand still rests on his spear, but he hasn't pulled it from the sand. "A few strangers? Strange way to talk about two people." He backs up behind his spear, ready to pull it. "And I got no money, Mister. So I figure you're either here for my catch or my life. Which is it?" He hasn't pulled his spear and he looks around, you assume, for a clear path of escape.

Perception v previous stealth 1d20 + 6 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 - 4 + 2 = 11 distance, WAY suspicious <-- no chance he still has no idea who else is there or where they are hiding
Sense Motive (on Jayse) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


STONE-FACED KILLA

Seeing the man's tension, his uncomfortable reaction to the situation, Jayse changes tactics. He plants his 'injured' foot firmly, lowering his quarterstaff to the ground as he steps away from Ushari and raises his hands in a placating manner.

"I apologize for the lies, sir. As I said, we washed up just yesterday. Barely any food and only the gear we carry. We were looking for a vantage point to get the lay of this unknown land when I saw you walking. We didn't know if you'd be hostile, and you look very familiar with that spear. We just want some help. Even if it's just information. I'm gonna call out my other companions. Two of them. We really mean you no harm at all." he holds the man's gaze for a few more heartbeats, hoping he man doesn't react poorly, then calls out. "Straehan! Findelgwing! Come out here!" just to be sure, he looks to where he thinks the highly elusive elf is standing and motions with his hand for her to come out.


Sense Motive 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Fin notes Jayse and Ushari's dishonesty and figures out that powerfully built man wants her to come on out. She can see that the men are trying to figure each other out. While she wonders for a moment if the humans mean to see her out, she notes that he also called out the short friendly fellow's name too.

Cautiously, Findelgwing slips from her hiding spot, and stashes her bow over her back. The girl attempts to move within charging distance before revealing herself just in case Jayse and the old man are up to no good.


Having watched the exchange deteriorate, Straehan comes out with his bandolier of daggers hanging from his hands, held away from his body.


Ushari lowers her head down in apology, "I did not mean to disrespect you like that, sir. I meant nothing from it. Like Jayse said, it was just an act, we do not mean you any harm. My name is Ushari, and your name is?"


DM

Fin - you detect no sign of treachery or deception in the old man.

The old man leaves his spear in the sand and watches the group - making up his mind.

"Well, I suppose if you wanted to kill me, you coulda already tried it before I knew there was four of ya. And you've a stranger's accent so maybe over-caution is your way. Alright." He takes his hand away from his spear and steps forward offering his hand. "Buli is my name. Nice to meet ya. And don't worry about paying me for help or information. That ain't my way. I'll take you back to Forestal with me. It's about a 2 day..." He looks at the gnome, not unkindly, "maybe 3 day hike from here. No offense meant, Master Gnome, we got plenty of little folk back home that I travels with. You are sturdy folk but not overly fast on long journeys."

He nods and pulls his spear, putting it back on his shoulder, "So, I'll lead ya home but I've got a couple pots to check first down that-a-way." He gestures with his spear down the beach from where you came. "It'll take me better part of a day, there and back. You're welcome to wait here, come with me, or start for Forestal yourself."


DM
Ushari Velnokal wrote:
Ushari lowers her head down in apology, "I did not mean to disrespect you like that, sir. I meant nothing from it."

"Well, Miss. I've got grand-daughters your age and we're pretty simple around here. Young girls cow-eyeing old men might happen in Orfallen or in some of them metro-poly-tan islands... but we're on the edge of the Isles. That don't go over so well. Best to remember that in Forestal. The single men will talk to you right quick, so no worries if you're looking for a husband." Buli winks encouragingly.

Seeing, Fin, the old man switches to a light language.

Sylvan:
"Greetings, Moon Sister, are you well?"


Ushari looks back the way they came, and comes to a sudden realization. She looks at Buli with an embarassed look, "We owe you an apology, it seems. We actually found one of your fishing pots already, and we...um...already helped ourselves to the contents of your catch. If we had known the pots were yours, then we would not have taken your catch from you."

stormraven wrote:
"Well, Miss. I've got grand-daughters your age and we're pretty simple around here. Young girls cow-eyeing old men might happen in Orfallen or in some of them metro-poly-tan islands... but we're on the edge of the Isles. That don't go over so well. Best to remember that in Forestal. The single men will talk to you right quick, so no worries if you're looking for a husband." Buli winks encouragingly.

Ushari blushes a rather pleasant shade of red, but says nothing.


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayce shakes the man's hand and winces at mention of the pots, "These pots of yours. They're submerged under water with a buoy for locating them?"

If the man affirms Jayce's suspicions, he shakes his head. "Then once again I must ask your pardon, as it seems we have, in fact, stolen from you. When we washed up, we had little food, and there was a sizable meal in one. I owe you for the price of that animal, if it was your catch."


Sense Motive 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Findelgwing scratches her head at the man's strange words. Seeing kindness in his face, and an easing of the tensions, she simply gives him a thumbs-up gesture.


Buli scratches his head and grins regarding the fate of his catch. He asks for details on size and coloration. Nodding when he hears the answers. He is very pleased when they tell him that Fin replaced his pot. "Well, I guess I don't need to check that pot after all." He chuckles. "Might as well leave the other one, too. No sense checking a single pot. Well, we got some light. Let's head home."

He turns around and immediately starts walking back up the beach, the way he came towards the now noticeably angled sun. He says over his shoulder, "We are going generally North but not overland. That's a straighter course but the terrain is rougher and slower and the quicksand shifts sometimes - particularly after a storm. The beach is safer."


Jayse wrote:
"When we washed up, we had little food, and there was a sizable meal in one. I owe you for the price of that animal, if it was your catch."

Buli shrugs the comment off. "A starving man's gotta eat and it wasn't like I wasn't stealing that eel from the sea anyways. You didn't happen to save the organs, didya? We make a fine brew out of certain parts. That's why theys called Tequila Eels. As long as you enjoyed it, I'm happy. It's lucky to feed a stranger. Here those eels ain't worth much - most everyone has a pot for 'em. But we sell them in the islands and they fetch a good price." He chuckles. "But I ain't asking for payment and you probably don't have the coin anyway. You folks ate like the Emperor hisself, may his Throne stay empty!"

Let me know your revised marching order including Buli.


STONE-FACED KILLA

I guess put Buli up there with Fin. In the lead.

"So this land of yours is ruled by an emporer, then? Or was that a figure of speech?"


DM

Guess you don't have many questions for him, then. :) Kidding.
You can ask him questions from anywhere in the order. The assumption is everyone can hear him easily enough. I'm going to assume you ask him about the islands in general whether you explain your memory loss or just say you aren't familiar with this area of the archipelago. I'm forwarding invites to the site. The library contains extensive maps. The Forestal map shows a blowup of the area you are in. Each square is 50 miles.


Jayse wrote:
"So this land of yours is ruled by an emporer, then? Or was that a figure of speech?"

Buli stops, absolutely stunned. He looks at Jayse and then the others, seeing the same lack of understanding in their eyes (with the exception of Fin who he quickly realised earlier understands very little of what he says). "Where in the nine Hells are you people from? The Emperor is on the Mainland. Rules over half of it. Has for hundreds of years. He overthrew the Elves and established what they call up there 'The Realm'. Caused a lot of troubles too, to my way of thinkin'. But ending race slavery seems like a fair trade, I guess. Anyhow, we pretty much keep to ourselves and rule ourselves."


When Buli stops walking next to Fin and raises his voice in surprise, she turns and looks to Ushari wondering what's going on.

After the woman explains that Buli is wondering where they are from, the elf girl's face lights up. She pulls out her map case and starts babbling rapidly in that language none of you recognize as she tries to show the man where she's from.


Seeing Fin more excited than ever before, Ushari glances over to Buli, wondering how much to ask him before his suspicions were completely raised. The amnesia all of them were suffering from troubled her greatly, and she wondered if there was a group of people behind this. It was possible, actually pretty likely, but she had no idea why one would go to all the trouble to do that. She wanted to trust the old man, but for some reason, trust was hard to come by for her...

Still, the first step was often the hardest...

She waited until Buli was finished responding to Fin, then asks"Buli, you said the Emperor created the Realm by overthrowing the elves. Does that mean elves are considered enemies by humans?"


Buli looks at the maps and has Ushari translate many of the words. He pores over her maps for a solid half hour, asking Fin a dozen questions through Ushari. He scratches his head and thinks hard, finally saying, (which Ushari translates) "Well, you aren't from the Great Southern Isles, Miss. And I was a sailor among'em for 30 years. But I don't know everything and there are plenty of islands and chains outside the Isles I never visited. If I were you, I'd check with the Cartographer or maybe the Harbor Master in Orfallen. They got lots of maps there I ain't never seen. And if they can't help ya. I'd sail to Long Lake Isle... the Master Cartographer of the Isles is there. But if your home is further out - up by The Realm - then you may have to go to the city of Portal, that's where you can find maps gotten from the Realm."

Profession: Sailor (Take 20) 20 + 6 = 26


Ushari Velnokal wrote:
"Buli, you said the Emperor created the Realm by overthrowing the elves. Does that mean elves are considered enemies by humans?"

"Is that what I said?" He seems surprised. "Well, I'm just a simple fisherman. For history, you're better off talkin' with Thrane, he's Hetmon in Forestal or maybe Miss Etta, his wife. They're pretty book-learned. But, to answer your question, Miss... The Realm came after the elves was tossed out. There was a lawless period there for awhile. They had some fancy name for it. But it wasn't just humans that fought. All the races were slaves to the elves. Even some of the other elven... uh... types was no better'n serfs. All the other races rose up and drove the high elves out. Killed many of them and the rest fled somewhere into the far north, I think. There is still some bad blood there. From what I hear, elves on the Mainland ain't treated kindly. I hear that there's a lot of mistrust of different folks - just depends on where ya go." He shrugs. "But we Isle folk, ain't like that. We left the Mainland to get away from it. So... is there anything you folks want to tell me, like where you're from that you don't know any of this stuff?"

It's clear from the way he phrased the question, he isn't expecting an answer, just hoping for one.


Ushari wanted...really wanted to break down and tell him everything that she remembered, but looking at her newfound friends, and knowing all of their destinies were tied together, she realized telling her story would be violating their wishes, should they want to keep their tales to themselves. She looks at Buli, and responds, "You are owed an explanation, and I will give you one, just not right now. We need to return to your settlement Forestal first. I...I hope you understand."


Buli shrugs, "Keep your secrets or not, it's your choice, Miss."


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayce lets his mind wander as they walk, hearing the conversation but letting himself be distracted by the sunset, the waves, and the passing land. Not to mention the looming void of his memories.

How can there be so much I don't remember… we don't remember?

Coming back to the present, he realizes he's not found out a thing about the old man, "We apologize for our elusiveness, Buli. It's been a strange couple of days, and there are many, many more questions than answers for us right now. I'm hoping that will change in time, but for now, what of you? What do you do? Other than check your eel traps?"


"Forestal is a small village, son. We all pitch in where we can. I'm a sailor, and gardener, and eel-man, and a town guard even, when pirates are about. If you're looking for answers..." He shrugs, "it all depends on your questions. I'd start with Hetmon Thrane, like I said before. You might find a sage in Colona but Orfallen is a better bet. It's our main trade city. If your questions are a bit... more, uh... strange then you could try the Hag." He shudders a bit. "Personally, I leave her be."

Buli turns backward to regard the gnome but Jayse has the distinct feeling the old man is eyeing him as well. "Master Gnome, I see you're doin' your best but if you folks want to get to town as quick as may be... we need to go a bit faster. No offense, but maybe I could carry you pig-a-back. It will let you rest and hurry things along. I've carried other of your folk that way when we travel. No offense."


STONE-FACED KILLA

"I'll do the carrying if we need more speed. You're doing enough to help us our already."


Having listened to the conversation, the questions, and the underlying angst they all felt, Straehan knew everyone wanted to get to town as quickly as possible and he was slowing them down. He swallows his embarrassment and pride.

"That's a very kind offer, Buli. Thank you." He climbs quickly up Buli's backpack and perches atop it with his legs over Buli's shoulders. He notes that the backpack is a unseamed cylinder about 2' in diameter. It looked and felt like a solid grey version of the skin from last night's meal. Strae had to ask. "Buli, your pack. What's it made from?"


Buli smiles at Jayse's offer, "Son, my pack is mostly empty. I expected to be carrying another 60 or 70 pounds of eel, water, and salt. It feels odd having a light pack. Bad luck, that. I'd be pleased for a little extra weight. And you folks have survived an ordeal. Least I can do is be neighborly."

He sets off at a good pace with Straehan 'perched'. He answers the gnome's question. "It's a chunk of a Deep Eel. I just hollowed this bit out and sealed the bottom and the top. Best material in the Isles for packs - waterproof, if you know how to seal it right. Of course, you have to survive gettin' the eel. That's the tricky part."


DM

Does everyone want to fast-forward? With the increased pace, it is going to take you another day and a half to get to Forestal so you will be camping tonight and the night afterward and then reaching Forestal mid-day after that. If anyone has any IC chatting they want to do with the other PCs or Buli, or some other activities, let me know. Otherwise, I'll skip forward a bit to speed up the travel.


STONE-FACED KILLA

I'm fine with fast-forwarding again. Jayse does what he has been doing. Thinking, chatting, pondering, and watching out... then playing his reed at night with the familiar and focusing comfort of his forms in the morning.


DM

The day winds on pleasantly. After progressing west for several hours, you follow the shoreline as it turns north. Outside the nominal shelter of the bay, the wind is more noticeable but not unpleasant. Looking out at the vast horizon, the skies are dappled with light high clouds. It looks like good weather will stay with you for awhile. You stroll up the beach, enjoying the quiet. Buli happily answers questions but equally enjoys walking in silence feeling the sand slip between his brown toes. As the sun begins descending, Buli urges you to a little greater speed saying there is a good campsite ahead. As the sun hits the horizon, you arrive at the site, it is punctuated by a sand dune that stretches further inland. Buli leads you over to a hidden spot, shielded from the water and wind by a very large felled tree trunk and the rising dune. Present are a small stone-lined fire pit and a stash of firewood. With a few deft movements, Buli has a fire going and breaks out equipment from his pack: a lean-to canvas, cooking tools, a waterskin, a small pouch of spices, a side of eel, a couple handfuls of some black-shelled mollusk, and a birdcage carrying a small yellow bird. He sets to cooking with the practiced efficiency of a man who has performed the act a thousand times. He takes a slice of eel and feeds it to the bird along with a generous supply of water from the palm of his hand. He pulls out a bit of paper, writes a note on it and secures it in a thin bone cylinder attached to the bird's leg. He says something to the bird in the light language he used when speaking to Fin the previous day and then tosses the bird in the air. It circles twice, tweets, and flies off northward like an arrow.

Buli finishes cooking and invites you to eat. It is a good meal. The eel is not quite as inherently tasty as the one you had yesterday (being a different variety) but with the spices and mollusks, it is a memorable meal.

As the evening slides into night, you establish watches and settle in to Jayse playing his pipe.

rolls:

Weather 1d100 ⇒ 86 Timeframe: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Encounter? 1d100 ⇒ 51

Nothing disturbs your sleep and the next morning you awake to the smell of breakfast cooking courtesy of Buli. He hands you a hot, spiced fish in a sweet seaweed wrapper. He quickly packs his gear and throws sand on the cook fire. You munch the fish like a sandwich as you begin heading up the beach. He says "If we make good time, we can camp on the edge of the bay. You should be able to see a bit of Forestal from there. We should be home by noon tomorrow."

Just a pause, in case you guys need an RP option.


The previous evening...

Ushari hears the haunting melody of the pipe from Jayse, wondering how it can have such a relaxing affect on her. It seems to speak to her heart, promising answers to her many questions. Just before she lays her head on her pillow, she looks up to Jayse, and asks quietly so as not to disturb the other sleepers, "That is a beautiful melody, Jayse. If I may ask, do you know where you learned it from? Or is that a mystery to you?"


DM

Jayse:
You don't know where the tune came from for sure. You think you heard it as a child, perhaps it is a lullaby from your homeland.


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayse pulls the reed flute from his lips, the tune floating off into the night, only the snap and crackle of the fire remaining. He considers the simple instrument for a few seconds before answering in a whisper, "I don't really know... like everything else, I guess. It just seems... familiar. I think I might know it from my childhood. A lullaby, maybe. It calms me, though. Like the forms I work in the morning, a balm for my mind." he looks up, a hint of embarrassment in his blue eyes, "I hope you all don't mind me playing it."


Ushari shakes her head, "No, Jayse, I don't mind if you play it, it is very relaxing for me. It brings me peace I think." She lays her head down and closes her eyes, but whispers to him, "Please play that again, so I can go to sleep." When he obliges her wish, she falls asleep with a contented smile on her face, the sound of his pipe the last thing she hears before slumber claims her.


DM

As you wander along the beach you notice that the coastline slowly becomes more rocky, punctuated by large swaths of sand. The scrubby vegetation changes as well, usurped by bushes and some trees that grow closer to the water as the greenbelt areas expand and the sand thins. It is perhaps two hours until sunset when Buli gives a hoot and points to a sharp curve in the beach. "We're here early! You'll be able to see Forestal in the light. I was worried we wouldn't get here til near dark." He leads you along the water's edge, stopping at a good spot to show you the sweep of a massive bay. In the far distance, nestled deep in the sheltered corner of the bay, you see a small village of thatched cottages framed by trees and rising up a gentle slope towards forests and hills. Buli looks on it proudly, "Forestal."

Buli turns his attention to setting up camp at his old firepit when he notices something moving in the brush. Straehan, riding his shoulders, is inadvertently drawn into witnessing the same action. He only has time to cry out "Goblins!" before four red-fletched arrows zing from the treeline striking Fin, Buli, and Straehan 1 HP Damage each and the fourth arrow misses Jayce by a hair's breadth, his monk intuition allowing him to turn at the last moment.

Surprise Round is nearly over - Buli and Straehan get a single action each. Those and Round 1 coming up with a map!

Rolls:
Hobgob's Stealth 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Gob's Stealth 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

F's Perception 1d20 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 5 = 3 Distance
J's Perception 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 4 = 6 Distance
U's Perception 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 5 = 17 Distance
S's Perception 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 5 = 20 Distance <- Winner
B's Perception 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 4 = 19 Distance <- Winner

F's Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
J's Initiative 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
U's Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
S's Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
B's Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Hobgob's Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Gob's Initiative 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Hobgob's Attack:
Longbow (20/3x) @Buli Hit 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 DAM 1d8 ⇒ 1
Longbow (20/3x) @Jayce Hit 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 DAM 1d8 ⇒ 7

Gob's Attack:
Shortbow (20/3x) @Fin Hit 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 DAM 1d4 ⇒ 1
Shortbow (20/3x) @Straehan Hit 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 DAM 1d4 ⇒ 1

The sand slows your movement. On any sand square it costs 2 for 1.

Goblins, Jayce, Buli, Fin, Straehan, Ushari, Hobgobs


Although Straehan doesn't remember his life, certain instincts are bred in the bone. Straehan recognizes and hates these creatures and they hate him. He is tempted to lash out with a damaging spell, but while he might harm one of them, he can't hit all four and he already has one arrow in him. He envisions himself a pincushion and says words of power that bring up a nearly invisible shield of energy around himself.

Straehan casts Mage Armor.

Buli grips his boar-spear ready to shear limbs and impale these Goddess-cursed Goblin riff-raff. He stands ready to protect his compatriots.

Buli readies an action to follow any of the characters if they close with the Goblins.


DM

ROUND 1

The Goblins, flush with their first taste of success, launch arrows propelled by their malice at the Elf woman and the Gnome. Unfortunately, in their excitement, their arrows miss their marks by a wide margin splashing harmlessly in the tide. The Goblins curse roundly.

Rolls:
Shortbow (20/3x) @Fin Hit 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 DAM 1d4 ⇒ 2
Shortbow (20/3x) @Straehan Hit 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 DAM 1d4 ⇒ 2

Goblins, Jayce, Buli, Fin, Straehan, Ushari, Hobgobs
Bingo Beach Battle!


Fin knows full well how much harder it is to maneuver on sand than firm ground. She unsheathes Whoosh and hustles forward to K2 in order to close the distance and attract attention away from her smaller companions.


STONE-FACED KILLA

The cry of their attackers brings on the calm of combat, mind and body reacting before thought, legs pumping furiously in the slow sand, which sprays up behind him. He closes on the closest opponent, a tiny creature hiding in a bush.

Double Move to H-7. I don't think it's possible to charge over difficult terrain (which I'm assuming teh sand is - considering the movement reduction). Oh, but if I could!


DM

Jayse:
Am I correct in assuming that you are basing that on a move of 40' which further assumes that every morning, when you are doing your katas, you are gaining your Psionic Focus?


DM

Without a word, Fin charges, her bastard sword whistling from its sheath.

Buli watches the mad assault and knows he'll never hear the end of it from his wife if his 'guests' get hurt. He charges along with Fin, matching her step for step, determined to make sure the Young Miss don't get into no trouble. Unfortunately Straehan, like an inexperienced jockey is taken along for the ride...

Straehan hangs on for his life wondering if horses or humans are harder to ride. When Buli reaches solid turf, Straehan tries to slide quickly off the backpack so he can move to assist Jayse. Unfortunately, his foot catches and he has to free it before he slides off.

Ride DC:5 (stay in saddle) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Ride DC:20 (fast dismount) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Landing beside Buli, Straehan decides not to waste the opportunity. A fire spell he practiced on the raft comes to mind. With gestures that are becoming second nature to him, a ball of fire appears in his palm and he hurls it at the Hobgoblin nearest Jayse. The ball sears into the belly of the creature with a sizzle drowned out by its yell.

Roll:
Produce Flame
RANGE: 120' Ranged Touch Attack
DURATION: 2 minutes or 2 rnds
TO HIT: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 1 = 18 hatred
EFFECT: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 Pyro (as +1 Lv), Bloodline (+1 per die)
Save: None

Ushari - K2, K3, and K4 are occupied. If you are intent on charging - you could take K5.

Goblins, Jayce, Fin, Buli, Straehan, Ushari, Hobgobs


Ushari sees the goblinoids opening up on her friends, and fighting back her panic, readies her bow. She hops across the beach, using her acrobatic skills, but they do not help her as much as she thought. She moves closer to the enemy, withing range of her bow, nocks an arrow and lets fly at the currently fried hobgoblin.

Move to N7, using Nimble Step to allow diagonal movement.
Attack Shortbow on Hobgoblin in E6 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Unfortuantely, her shot flies up high and out of sight, hitting a rock outcropping.

Edited actions for extra move action taken.


Round 2 Action:
With a growl in her throat, Findelgwing moves up on the hobgoblin in E2 and attempts to turn him into bug squash...

She should have sufficient movement to approach via column 1 so as to avoid any AoOs for moving past the goblin. Should her target move out of melee range, apply the following rolls to an attack with her longbow, which she can prep during her move action. 1d8 instead of 1d10 and +4 attack bonus instead of +6.

Whoosh 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
crit? 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
dmg 10 + 4 = 14 threat, 2-handed
crit dmg 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


DM

Ushari, since your BAB is 0, I don't believe you are allowed to arm a weapon as part of your move action. However, in this case, we will assume you were walking with bow in hand even though that wasn't stated, and I forgot to ask what, if any weapons you guys were actively carrying.

201 to 250 of 7,012 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SR's - Great Southern Isles (PbP) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.