Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

SR's - Great Southern Isles (PbP) (Inactive)

Game Master stormraven

High-Power Pathfinder Homespun Game


6,251 to 6,300 of 7,012 << first < prev | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | next > last >>

"Well, as long as we are here..."

I suggest we search through the rubble. We may find a clue or some other treasure.


I agree re: the search.


DM

Our heroes spread out across the room, sifting through the remnants of a forgotten age looking for anything of value or potential interest.

Perception (search) checks, folks.


Perception 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26
Initiative 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Perception 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22


DM

Sorry for the late addition - please give me INIT rolls along with Perceptions.

DM stuff:
Ja - Dir: 1d8 ⇒ 8 Dist: 3d4 ⇒ (4, 2, 3) = 9
Jo - Dir: 1d8 ⇒ 7 Dist: 3d4 ⇒ (2, 4, 4) = 10
Ov - Dir: 1d8 ⇒ 7 Dist: 3d4 ⇒ (1, 2, 4) = 7
Uv - Dir: 1d8 ⇒ 8 Dist: 3d4 ⇒ (3, 3, 4) = 10
St - Dir: 1d8 ⇒ 8 Dist: 3d4 ⇒ (3, 4, 4) = 11


STONE-FACED KILLA

Perceprion 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26
Initiative 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22.


Init1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


I rolled a two-digit number! Huzzah!


Perception 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24
Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

This is where the FUN begins...


DM

I'm sure it's nothing, just the DM trying to psych you out. :)


HP: 51/79 | | Anatomist (+1 to confirm Crits) | | Fav. Enemy +4 = Humans, Half-Humans, Undead

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24
Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Our heroes move cautiously in the library, poking through the document fragments, trying to avoid kicking up large choking clouds of paper dust. Jayse shuffles through the shin-deep wreckage of a writing desk and inadvertantly kicks something that clinks loudly. Working by feel, the monk digs into the refuse and pulls out a pair of intact, clear, crystalline ink-wells - their ink long gone. Before he can wonder how a set of delicate crytal objects could possibly survive thousands of years buried in wreckage, a disturbance catches his attention...

Despite the team's caution, there is a growing haze of document dust caused by their footfalls. Near the middle of the room, the haze is pulled into a slow swirling current that quickly becomes a whirling vortex. More and more paper fragments are sucked into the maelstrom. The fragments and dust slow in their movement but stay suspended within several branching columns of air until a set of three glowing grey eyes form near the top of the central column and the branches form crude legs and arms. The fragmentary creature flows towards Jofram and drives a massive fist of documents and pummeling air into the ranger's back, driving him into the bookshelf with enough force to crack a couple of shelves.

~Surprise Round~
FREE: 5'
STAND: Slam

Round: 1

ORDER: Jayse, Orin, SG, Ushari, Jofram. Straehan

MAP: Reading is Fun-damental <-- Last Pic

Ja's HPs: 70|70
Jo's HPs: 46|79
Ov's HPs: 72|72
Uv's HPs: 51|52
St's HPs: 60|60

On-Going Effects:
Good Guys

Bad Guys

DM Stuff:
Initiative 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
1d5 ⇒ 2 Ja/Jo/Ov/Uv/St

BOOM:
SLAM HIT: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (7) + 22 = 29 DAM: 2d10 + 9 ⇒ (7, 6) + 9 = 22


STONE-FACED KILLA

Does it actually seem to be bearing its weight on legs? Or is it flying?


I'm assuming the bookcase gives cover, so I'll move down, then left, then up to AY 67 to avoid AoO if possible. If the bookcase doesn't provide cover, I'll swing around to BC 68 to flank with Jofram.

Orin tries to recall if he's ever read about anything like this as he advances cautiously, striking with his hair.

Free: Identify Creature, Knowledge Arcana 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (8) + 19 = 27

Move: Down, then left to the bookcase, then diagonally to AY 67.

Standard: Attack with Hair, Heroism, Combat Expertise 1d20 + 7 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 34

Damage--max 8 + 7 + 3 + 1 = 19

Crit confirm 1d20 + 7 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 17

Swift: Grapple Attempt with hair, heroism, combat expertise 1d20 + 18 + 3 + 1 + 4 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 18 + 3 + 1 + 4 + 2 - 1 = 43

Effects: +2 Dodge from combat expertise, not grappled (assuming grapple succeeds), CMD vs Grapple: 36 (includes combat expertise)


DM

Hard to say with the dust it is kicking up but you'd say it seems to fly.


DM

The shelves in the middle of the room are ruins and won't block your attacks. I've put you at BC68. You flank with Jofram.

Orin runs across the room kicking up more dust. His hair snakes out from the ruins at the creature's feet and whips across a leg, doing little damage as the floating page fragments and air re-organize themselves. Undeterred, Orin's hair snakes up and wraps around the strange monster, snaring its arms. Despite his success, Orin is shaken by the reality of what they face.

Orin Only:
Orin stares at a truly mythical creature, a creature that the greatest magical minds have said either simply can't exist or, for those with a more optimistic bent, would require the confluence of so many incredibly unlikely events that it is all but impossible to occur. With a large dose of chagrin, the Witch-Teacher recalls a conversation with some students where he himself had argued this creature was little more than a theoretical exercise because it certainly couldn't exist.

Orin is staring at the residual manifestation of countless destroyed magical texts that have found new life in the mingling of their disparate powers long after their base documents have been turned to dust - a Script Golem.

AC: Very Good except its Touch AC
HP: Good
Weakest Save: Reflex
Defenses: Quite Good
DR: 10/ Adamantine (or +4 weapons)
SR: 20
Construct Immunities

Notes: Despite being a construct, it doesn't have the blanket immunity to nearly all magic that most golems enjoy. Thus, even though it has SR, attacking it with magic can be effective if adamantine weapons are lacking.

Jayse, are you purposefully delaying until after Orin?
Next Up... Jayse.


STONE-FACED KILLA
SR wrote:
Jayse, are you purposefully delaying until after Orin? 
Next Up... Jayse.

Nope, I just have a hard time posting on the weekends.

Not sure if his attacks will actually find purchase on a creature made of air and dust, Jayse can't think of any options but to test its defenses. He slides into a low stance as he approaches the thing, lashing out with a barrage of slices.

"It has eyes, folks, so it might be blind-able! Other than that, what is this and does anyone have any ideas on how to beat it?"

R1
SWIFT: Dragon Style
FREE: 5' step to BB65
FULL ATTACK: Power Attacking flurry

rolls:
Mindblade 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 14 - 2 = 19.
---> Damage 1d8 + 10 + 4 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 4 + (5) + (4) = 25; PA; shocking; flaming.
.
Mindblade 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 14 - 2 = 17.
---> Damage 1d8 + 10 + 4 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 4 + (1) + (2) = 19; PA; shocking; flaming.
.
Mindblade 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 - 2 = 21.
---> Damage 1d8 + 10 + 4 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 4 + (5) + (3) = 23; PA; shocking; flaming.

Status:
HP 70/70
AC 25 • Touch 19 • FF 22
CMD 32 • FF 29 (+2 vs. Grapple/Trip)
Fort +8 Reflex +8 Will +10
--> +2 vs. Shaudran, Enchantments
--> +2 vs. Sleep, Paralysis, & Stunning (Dragon Style)
--> +1 trait vs. Arcane spells
Immune Diseases
.
Effects/Conditions: Mage Armor (7 hrs), Darkvision 60 (constant), Mindshield, Dragon Style


STONE-FACED KILLA

oof... those attacks probably won't really test its defenses... :(


DM

Sadly, that is true.

Jayse throws a flurry of slashes at the creature but fails to strike its core.

Next Up... the Dustbuster.


The creature looks with confused irritation at the hair binding it. Its three eyes trace the hair back to its source. It turns on the witch, dust reallocating to fill its columnar arms, and delivers a series of brutal hammer blows towards Orin. Fortunately, the Witch yanks the creature off-balance, sending one punch wide. The other, however, connects like a battering ram.

ORDER: Jayse, Orin, SG, Ushari, Jofram, Straehan

Ja's HPs: 70|70
Jo's HPs: 46|79
Ov's HPs: 44|72
Uv's HPs: 51|52
St's HPs: 60|60

BOOM:
SLAM #1: HIT: 1d20 + 22 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 22 - 2 - 4 = 34 DAM: 2d10 + 9 + 8 ⇒ (3, 8) + 9 + 8 = 28 Grappled, PA
SLAM #2: HIT: 1d20 + 22 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 22 - 2 - 4 = 17 DAM: 2d10 + 9 + 8 ⇒ (4, 2) + 9 + 8 = 23 Grappled, PA


Ushari stares at the deadly (and odd) construct and asks nervously, "Uhhh guys, maybe we should let this...thing be. Orin, what do you know of this creature?"


Orin wrestles the creature with writhing white hair, grunting in effort as he yells:

Well, looks like we have quite a find after all, Straehan! It's a script golem, a construct of all the lost arcane writings here. Adamantine works best, and it can resist spells but isn't immune to any that I know of.


"Sooo...uhhh...Orin, how much do you think we can sell it for?" She responds jokingly even as she draws her dagger. She takes a step towards it, then stops and instead chants a prayer to bolster her allies and hinder the golem.

MOVE: Draw Dagger.
STANDARD: Cast Prayer
CL check for SR 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


DM

Ushari's spell sweeps across the room, benefiting her allies. Unfortunately, the creature seems unaffected.

Next Up... Jofram

On-Going Effects:
Good Guys
Prayer - +1 ATT, +1 Wep DAM, +1 Saves, +1 Skills
Bad Guys


Ushari Velnokal wrote:
"Sooo...uhhh...Orin, how much do you think we can sell it for?"

After we're done with it? He smiles: Not much, but I'm hoping we can salvage something off of it. If not, we could just cut our losses and retreat, but I'm thinking this thing will just follow us.


HP: 51/79 | | Anatomist (+1 to confirm Crits) | | Fav. Enemy +4 = Humans, Half-Humans, Undead

Recovering from the creature's swipe, Jofram activates his gauntlet's armor and faces his attacker. As his warchant rises, he draws blade and slashes in a furious blur.

Actions:

Move action: Bardic Performance (Inspire Courage +2)
Swift action: Activate Armor +3
Free action: Quick Draw curve blade
Attack (Arcane Strike, Power Attack, Flanking, Dirty Fighter, Prayer, Inspire): 1d20 + 13 + 2 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 13 + 2 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 30
Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 13
Attack (Arcane Strike, Power Attack, Flanking, Dirty Fighter, Prayer, Inspire): 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 22
Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 14


DM

Jofram's first blow hits but does little damage to the creature and his second blow is turned aside.

Next Up... Strae


Jayse, let me see if I can take this thing down before you strike!


STONE-FACED KILLA

I guess you mean wait until Orin pins it? Or are you asking Jayse to let you try to solo it? o.O


I'd pay money to see that solo attempt. :)

The gnome steps clear and examines the creature, arriving at much the same conclusions about it as the Witch. "I've heard of this thing! They say it can't exist. Even our best weapons are blunted against it. Jayse, the elemental magics in your blade might effect it but this is an uphill battle..."

Everyone:
SCRIPT GOLEM
AC: Very Good except its Touch AC
HP: Good
Weakest Save: Reflex
Defenses: Quite Good
DR: 10 / Adamantine (or +4 weapons)
SR: 20
Construct Immunities

Notes: Despite being a construct, it doesn't have the blanket immunity to nearly all magic that most golems enjoy. Thus, even though it has SR, attacking it with magic can be effective if adamantine weapons are lacking.

The Gnome pulls out a classic from his store of arcane knowledge - a spell that ignores SR... a shower of golden particles rain down on the creature, getting caught in the winds that form its body. The particles swirl and the creature begins to look like a gaudy snow-globe. Unfortunately, that is the only effect of the spell as the golem's eyes are shielded from the glowing flecks.

FREE: Knowledge Check
FREE: Trigger Ring
5' Move
STAND: Cast Spell

Round: 2

ORDER: Jayse, Orin, Script Golem, Ushari, Jofram. Straehan

MAP: Reading is Fun-damental

Ja's HPs: 70|70
Jo's HPs: 46|79
Ov's HPs: 44|72
Uv's HPs: 51|52
St's HPs: 60|60

On-Going Effects:
Good Guys
Prayer - +1 ATT, +1 Wep DAM, +1 Saves, +1 Skills - 2 of 7
Bad Guys
Grappled - -4 DEX, -2 HITs save Grapple

Knowledge: Arcana 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31

Glitterdust
RANGE: 100' +10'/lv ; 10' radius spread
DURATION: 1 rnd/lv
EFFECT: Makes invisible characters visible ; Will Save (Blind) vs DC:19 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 (new save @ end of turn)
BLINDNESS: -2 AC ; Lose DEX bonus to AC ; -4 on most STR and DEX checks w/ opposed Perception ; 50% Miss


Heh...you know Orin, the only way you get all the XP for this kill is if everyone else is dead...just sayin' ;)


DM

XP?

>:)


Ushari Velnokal wrote:
Heh...you know Orin, the only way you get all the XP for this kill is if everyone else is dead...just sayin' ;)

Whoa, whoa, don't leave me everybody! I just meant to wait until I pin it so it's easier to hit, hehe.


Orin smirked despite the vicious blow he received from the construct. Its thrashing about madly made it easier for the witch to get a good hold with his hair and he pressed his advantage, pinning the monstrosity to the ground and crushing its limbs.

Move (greater grapple): Pin attempt, same bonuses as before +5 for target not escaping, +2 for IC, +1 for Prayer, +2 flanking (last bonuses didn't include that), still using Combat Expertise) 1d20 + 18 + 3 + 1 + 4 + 2 - 1 + 5 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 18 + 3 + 1 + 4 + 2 - 1 + 5 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 51

Swift: Constrict, auto damage, +2 IC, +1 prayer 1d8 + 7 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 17

Standard: Grapple attempt to damage, same modifiers as above, now vs pinning. 1d20 + 18 + 3 + 1 + 4 + 2 - 1 + 5 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 18 + 3 + 1 + 4 + 2 - 1 + 5 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 48

Damage 1d8 + 7 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 15


HP: 51/79 | | Anatomist (+1 to confirm Crits) | | Fav. Enemy +4 = Humans, Half-Humans, Undead

For the record, Inspire Courage is currently up, though not listed under ongoing effects. ally receives a +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +2 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.


Thank you good sir. I included it with my rolls already, along with prayer.


DM

Strand upon strand, Orin's hair binds the golem until it can barely move. He squeezes the creature with all of his eldritch might but it simply doesn't crush the creature as well as he'd hoped.

Dustbuster is pinned. Your move, Jayse.


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayse waits until Orin attempts his grapple, eyebrows rising with an astounded "Hot Damn!" when the man succeeds. 

Then he jumps into the fray. Born of urgency, his usually disciplined strikes become a frantic series of hacks and stabs -- all desperately seeking to find a vital spot in true unliving target. 

"Keep in mind that Plan B is always an option here, folks!"

Im on my phone, so I can't get my status up, and I can't seem to get the map up right. If flanking is possible with a 5' step, please do so.
~ Round 2
SWIFT: Ki for extra attack
FULL ATTACK: Power-attacking, IC'ing, Prayer-powered (hopefully flanking) flurry on the big wind-bag.

rolls:
Ki Strike Mindblade 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 14 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 34 <--- CRIT?
---> Damage 8 + 10 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 6 + 6 = 37; IC, Prayer, PA, Shocking, Flaming
---> Crit Confirm 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 14 + 2 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 33; trait
---> Total Damage 37 + 1d8 + 10 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1d10 ⇒ 37 + (7) + 10 + 4 + 2 + 1 + (9) = 70; Shocking Burst
---> Bleed 1d6 ⇒ 3 (does this guy bleed?)
---> Shaken for 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 (or get shaken?)
.
Mindblade 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 14 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 19
---> Damage 1d8 + 10 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 4 + 2 + 1 + (3) + (2) = 28; IC, Prayer, PA, Shocking, Flaming
.
Mindblade 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 27
---> Damage 1d8 + 10 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 4 + 2 + 1 + (4) + (3) = 28; IC, Prayer, PA, Shocking, Flaming
.
Mindblade 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 29 <--- CRIT?
---> Damage 8 + 10 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 6 + 6 = 37; IC, Prayer, PA, Shocking, Flaming
---> Crit Confirm 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 13; trait
---> Total Damage 37 + 1d8 + 10 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1d10 ⇒ 37 + (8) + 10 + 4 + 2 + 1 + (1) = 63; Shocking Burst
---> Bleed 1d6 ⇒ 6 (does this guy bleed?)
---> Shaken for 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 (or get shaken?)


DM

Sorry, no bleed and no shaken for this guy.

Jayse tears into the Golem ferociously. With his shocking and flaming blade, the smell of burnt pages fills the air.

Next Up... Golem


A golem can't look pissed yet somehow this one does... It snaps Orin's hair like overcooked angel-hair, lets out a wind roar, and becomes a whirling funnel of debris. The dissipating wind kicks up hundreds of pounds of bookdust. The entire room becomes an impenetrable fog of dust and paper fragments. Jayse loses sight of the creature as it seems to spin out into nothingness.

I need a DC:16 Fort save from y'all or you are blind. Even if you are not blind, the cloud works like a fog cloud - i.e. anything beyond 5' has total concealment - 50% miss and you can't target using sight. Anything within 5' has a 20% Miss Chance

Jayse/Jofram if you make the Fort Save, you can get off an AoO with a 20% Miss Chance.

STAND: Escape
SWIFT: Discorporate
MOVE: Move

Round: 2

ORDER: Orin, Jayse, SG, Ushari, Jofram, Straehan

MAP: Reading is Fun-damental

Ja's HPs: 70|70
Jo's HPs: 46|79
Ov's HPs: 44|72
Uv's HPs: 51|52
St's HPs: 60|60

On-Going Effects:
Good Guys
Prayer - +1 ATT, +1 Wep DAM, +1 Saves, +1 Skills - 2 of 7
Inspire Courage - +2 Save v Fear; +2 ATT/DAM
Bad Guys

STAND Escape v CMD:28 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (11) + 24 = 35
1d4 ⇒ 3 rnds


Straehan hacks and wipes at his eyes.

Fort Save 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 1 = 16 Prayer


Orin Vanderwhal wrote:

I'm assuming the bookcase gives cover, so I'll move down, then left, then up to AY 67 to avoid AoO if possible. If the bookcase doesn't provide cover, I'll swing around to BC 68 to flank with Jofram.

Orin tries to recall if he's ever read about anything like this as he advances cautiously, striking with his hair.

Free: Identify Creature, Knowledge Arcana 1d20 + 19

Move: Down, then left to the bookcase, then diagonally to AY 67.

Standard: Attack with Hair, Heroism, Combat Expertise 1d20 + 7 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 2 - 1

Damage--max 8 + 7 + 3 + 1

Crit confirm 1d20 + 7 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 2 - 1

Swift: Grapple Attempt with hair, heroism, combat expertise 1d20 + 18 + 3 + 1 + 4 + 2 - 1

Effects: +2 Dodge from combat expertise, not grappled (assuming grapple succeeds), CMD vs Grapple: 36 (includes combat expertise)

Hey SR, if you look at this post, my CMD vs Grapple (which I believe is what is used here, as he needs to make a grapple check to escape) is 36, so I think he actually fails to escape, right? I didn't list my Grapple CMD in my most recent turn, but I said it was the same modifiers as the previous turn, and included the Combat Expertise again this time. If it's not my CMD vs Grapple then my CMD should be 30, as it's 28 + 2 more from Combat Expertise. Sorry, I should have posted it.


Fort save 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 1 = 29 prayer

Ushari gags on the taste of bookdust, yet is able to shield her eyes from the onslaught. She shoots a glare in the general direction of Straehan.

If we survive this, I swear I am gonna shove some parchments down his throat...

"Guys, I think discretion is the better part of valor here..."


DM

I believe an Escape Check is purely an Escape Check, he isn't attempting to counter Grapple or reverse a Grapple. In either case, Discorporation turns the Golem into a 'fog' that can't be grappled and it doesn't require a concentration check for success. I'm not sure if you're allowed an AoO 'by touch' since you no longer have sight of the Golem but I'll give you the AoO, if you wish.


STONE-FACED KILLA

Fort save DC16 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 1 = 16.

AoO 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 14 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 26
---> Damage 1d8 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 4 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 4 + (3) + (6) = 30

Yah, seems moot with him going all fog-like, but I believe both grapple checks and escape artist checks to get out of a grapple go against their opponent's grapple CMD.

For got Miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 32


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayse takes stock of the situation, "If that's a wordy way of saying 'fall back', then I agree. Let's see if it follows us into the hallway."


"Picky...picky..."

Ushari falls back out of the room, ready to strike at the golem should it reform.

Move to BG58.
Ready attack with dagger should the golem form outside the library.


HP: 51/79 | | Anatomist (+1 to confirm Crits) | | Fav. Enemy +4 = Humans, Half-Humans, Undead

Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
AOO: Attack (Arcane Strike, Anatomist, Flanking, Dirty Fighter, Prayer, IC2, Ghost-Touched): 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 13 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 33
Damage: 1d10 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 18

Hearing the call for retreat, Jofram takes a final slash at the golem, then deftly side steps and makes a break for the door.

Continue Inspire 2
5' step up and left
move out to nearest door


stormraven wrote:
I believe an Escape Check is purely an Escape Check, he isn't attempting to counter Grapple or reverse a Grapple. In either case, Discorporation turns the Golem into a 'fog' that can't be grappled and it doesn't require a concentration check for success. I'm not sure if you're allowed an AoO 'by touch' since you no longer have sight of the Golem but I'll give you the AoO, if you wish.

Ok, cool. Yeah, that discorporation is pretty cool. I thought it had to escape to be able to use it, but I agree with Jayse that the fog makes it moot. And man! Prayer making two people succeed the save! W00t! I don't think it's my turn yet, but when it is I'll swift action Kirin Style, full round withdraw into the hallway.

Fort Save: DC 16, heroism, prayer 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 23

6,251 to 6,300 of 7,012 << first < prev | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SR's - Great Southern Isles (PbP) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.