Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


SR's - Great Southern Isles (PbP) (Inactive)

Game Master stormraven

High-Power Pathfinder Homespun Game


6,151 to 6,200 of 7,012 << first < prev | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | next > last >>

Ushari looks at the massive demonic form, she calls on her deities power and concentrates it to flow into her rapier. It responds instantly, glowing with a silvery gray radiance. She waits until the last possible moment before she strikes, her rapier flashing with preternatural speed.

Actions:
SWIFT: Spend Channel Energy into rapier. Grayflame adds +1 enhancement bonus and +1d6 divine damage. Duration 4 rounds.
FULL: Attack Rapier 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 21 flank, haste, divine
Damage 1d6 + 4 + 4d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 4 + (4, 5, 6, 6) + (1) = 32 precision, divine

Hasted Attack Rapier 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 21 flank, haste, divine
Damage 1d6 + 4 + 4d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + (6, 3, 3, 4) + (2) = 23 precision, divine

DIE ROLL SUCKAGE FTW!!!


DM

You don't get Kirin against the big guy, just the little one. Also, their attacks are against your full AC not Touch. So I make your AC at 29. If I'm wrong let me know. And, yes, this guy does have Combat Reflexes with an unholy number of AoOs. :) Yes, you can draw your bow as part of the Move action.

As the Witch slides into the room, the Demon cloud whirls and teeth bury themselves into Orin's shoulder. Fortunately, having learned of the Demon's quickness the hard way, Orin avoids the sweeping claws as his hair whips into the demon's eyes. A veteran of every dirty trick in the book, the Demon turns his head at the last moment to successfully protect his vision.

Orin casts a spell at the smaller Demon but the unholy nature of the creature counters the magic.

AoOs - ORIN AC: 22+2+1+4 (29)
Claw HIT: 1d20 + 18 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 18 - 2 = 30 DAM: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 6) + 8 = 19 + 1d6 ⇒ 3 Cold
Claw HIT: 1d20 + 18 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 18 - 2 = 18 DAM: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 + 1d6 ⇒ 3 Cold


DM

Ushari's blade whickers with blinding speed... but the Demon is faster still. It's smokey body contorts to avoid the sanctified rapier.

Next Up... Round 4 - Baddies


You're right about the Kirin Style, my bad. May you have many low rolls. :-)


DM

LOL. Thanks!


STONE-FACED KILLA

Oof... tough round...

Rally caps on!


Jayse wrote:

Oof... tough round...

Rally caps on!

At least you hit the thing, hehe. I feel like my ideas are decent but I always come up short dice-wise. Not a complaint (hate when people complain about bad luck), just an observation. Hey, if I had memorized two dimension doors I could get Jofram three counties over and bring him back.


Yeahhh...Ushari really whiffed it there. Still, not much you can do about the die rolls...Why do I feel like I am at a Cubs game?


The Demon almost smiles. He spares a nibble for Ushari, nearly tearing her arm off, and realises belatedly that he should have put his full effort into polishing off the monk as his claws fail to find purchase in Jayse's thin hide. The smaller demon, following its master's orders, focuses on Jayse. An unholy miracle lets one set of its claws penetrate his nearly impregnable defense. Jayse feels cold in the pit of his stomach... as he sees the demon's claws buried in his abdomen.

Round: 4

ORDER: Shadow Demons, Strae, Jofram (bot), Jayse, Orin, Ushari

MAP: Step Into the Black

Ja's HPs: 7|70
Jo's HPs: 79|79
Ov's HPs: 50|72
Uv's HPs: 17|52
St's HPs: 30|60

On-Going Effects:
Good Guys
Panicked - 4 of 4 rnds - Jofram, Vaelos, Filch
Invisible - 3 of 5 rnds - Straehan
Haste - 2 of 7 rnds - Jayse, Orin, Ushari, Straehan
Grayflame - 2 of 4 rounds

Bad Guys
Big SD - Shaken for 2 of 9 rnds
Big SD - Bleed 5 til healed

BOOM:
Big Bad v JAYSE AC:32 & USHARI AC:22 - Shaken
Bite HIT: 1d20 + 18 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 18 - 2 = 25 DAM: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 4) + 8 = 15 + 1d6 ⇒ 6 Cold Uv
Claw HIT: 1d20 + 18 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 18 - 2 = 27 DAM: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 + 1d6 ⇒ 4 Cold Ja
Claw HIT: 1d20 + 18 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 18 - 2 = 19 DAM: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 + 1d6 ⇒ 4 Cold Ja

Little Bad v JAYSE AC:32
Bite HIT: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22 DAM: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 + 1d6 ⇒ 5 Cold Ja
Claw HIT: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 DAM: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 + 1d6 ⇒ 4 Cold Ja
Claw HIT: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 DAM: 6 + 4 = 10 + 6 = 6 Cold Ja Crit?
Confirm: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 DAM: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 + 1d6 ⇒ 4 Cold Ja


The gnome does the only thing he can think of, knowing his spells will do little to nothing against the Demon. He sneaks back into the room behind it (providing a flank for Ushari and Jayse) and slashes at the beast, becoming visible in the process. His blow is barely a nick.

MOVE: Into room
STAND: Claw

Next UP... Jayse, Orin, and Ushari

MAP: Step Into the Black Updated

Claws (crit: 19+/2x): Ghost-Touch, Keen, Flank, Haste, Invisible (neg'd by Blind Fight)
HIT: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 24
DAM: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


STONE-FACED KILLA

Immediate action: burn 8 pp to negate 16 damage. (This is in place of the swift action from last round.)

With precognitive speed, Jayse's body pulls thirstily at the power in his mind, and the smaller shadow thing's claw draws back bloodless. Jayse doesn't even spare it a glance as he continues his dance with the larger demon shadow.

Jayse could feel it amidst the crashing of the Calm. The moment of balance tipping in the fight, and words of his training hidden deep in his subconscious echo from the depths of his mind. … but the moment, when it comes, will be fleeting. And you must strike -- and strike hard -- or the moment will pass…

And strike Jayse does. He once again pours the power within his core, the tattoos on his sword arm flaring to blue life as his blade lashes out at a frenzied pace… his breaths still puncturing every strike.

R4
SWIFT: ki for an extra attack.
FULL: hasted, power-attacking flurry with an extra ki attack on the big guy… once again all extra attacks go on the smaller guy if the big one falls. Including modifiers for haste, flank, and power attack. (still removing elemental damage dice for simplicity -- let me know if I need to reinclude them against the lesser shadow.)

rolls:
MIndblade (Haste) 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 14 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 26
---> Damage 1d8 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 4 = 17
.
MIndblade (Ki) 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 14 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 25
---> Damage 1d8 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 4 = 19
.
MIndblade 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 14 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 18
---> Damage 1d8 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 4 = 20
.
MIndblade 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 14 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 32 <--- CRIT?
---> Damage 8 + 10 + 4 = 22
---> Crit Confirm 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 14 + 1 + 2 - 2 + 1 = 17; Trait
---> Damage 22 + 8 + 10 + 4 = 44
---> Bleed Damage 1d6 ⇒ 3
---> Dragon Ferocity: Shaken for 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 rounds.
.
MIndblade (Haste) 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 27 <-- CRIT?
---> Damage 8 + 10 + 4 = 22
---> Crit Confirm 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 1 + 2 - 2 + 1 = 28; Trait
---> Damage 22 + 1d8 + 10 + 4 ⇒ 22 + (2) + 10 + 4 = 38
---> Bleed Damage 1d6 ⇒ 5
---> Dragon Ferocity: Shaken for 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 rounds.

Status:
HP 23/70
AC 26 • Touch 20 • FF 22
CMD 33 • FF 29 (+2 vs. Grapple/Trip)
Fort +8 Reflex +9 Will +10
--> +2 vs. Shaudran, Enchantments
--> +2 vs. Sleep, Paralysis, & Stunning (Dragon Style)
--> +1 trait vs. Arcane spells
Immune Diseases
.
Effects/Conditions: Mage Armor (7 hrs), Darkvision 60 (constant), Mindshield, Haste


Hmm, testing here...yeah, it won't let me choose a different alias in the drop down menu. Is this happening for you guys?


Jayse's blade slices again and again. With two swift blows he shears the head from the massive Demon. His remaining strikes carve into the smaller Demon, nearly killing it as well. It staggers backwards under the onslaught.

Orin and Ushari, you are up.

I'm able to switch avatars without a problem.


HP: 51/79 | | Anatomist (+1 to confirm Crits) | | Fav. Enemy +4 = Humans, Half-Humans, Undead

You can't select the dropdown, or can't click a name? Try clicking the dropdown, then typing "O"


STONE-FACED KILLA

Hey, someone finish off this little guy! FINISH HIM!


Ushari knows the shadow demon, while heavily wounded, was still a deadly foe due to its magic jar ability. She decides to forgo healing her allies in order to finish it off.

Actions:
5' step to G71
FULL: Attack Rapier 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 1 + 1 = 28 haste, divine
Damage 1d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + (5) = 10 divine

Hasted Attack Rapier 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 14 + 1 + 1 = 22 haste, divine
Damage 1d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (6) = 13 divine


DM

With a few deft strikes, Ushari sends the soul of the foul creature back to the Abyss.

COMBAT OVER

Meanwhile, in another portion of the Shaudran Cube...

Vaelos passes through the massive Star Chamber and tastes the fresh air from the exit before shaking off his lingering fears and wheeling around to search for Jofram. Finding his master is an easy task, as the light-footed half-elf has almost reached the Star Chamber himself.

Filch is half a corridor behind those two and also stops in place now that the irrational fear has fled.


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayse stands in the suddenly-quite room, breathing deeply but otherwise immobile. Only his blue eyes shifting in search of additional threats.

Blood runs down the side of his face where three of the demon's claws scored parallel grooves diagonally back into his hairline. The thick red liquid runs down his neck, over his bright scarf, and is currently contributing to a slowly-expanding red smudge on the bone-colored collar of his coat.

"I guess that could have gone worse," his tone indicates it could have gone much better. "Once again that speed spell made a big difference, Strae." He begins to relax his stance -- blade dipping to the floor -- as he rounds on Ushari. "New rule. No running pell-mell into new rooms in this place, Ushari. You nearly got Straehan killed. We have to be careful. Every second. This place will chew us up and sh!t our bones into that beautiful bay if we can't act with more care than that." His eyes shift from person to person. "The ante has been upped in here. We can get away with acting carelessly in some fights. Not here. There's a time for taking risks, but we have to be really,really careful with that in this place."

He looks around, taking stock of his own condition as he considers their options. "We need to find Jofram, Valaes and Filch, but we need to cure up as much as possible first. If he's in danger, us walking into it in our current state won't help him much."

Is our CLW wand 1d8 + 1 or 1d8 + 5 per hit?


Ushari shudders involuntarily as the demonic spirits are banished to the Abyss.

Was that what caused the downfall of the Shaudran race? The Gods only know.

She lays a hand on Jayses' shoulder and says quietly, "I agree we need to regroup and heal up. Let's get back to the Star Chamber. I feel the need for some sunlight on my face..."

1d8+1, I think.


DM

You've got to be 5th level to create a Wand so I assume the likely caster level minimum is that... as such, the CLW Wand does 1d8+5

Just to speed things up...

Almost on queue, while you are healing, Jofram, Vaelos, and Filch return.


STONE-FACED KILLA

Cool...

CLW charges on Jayse:
1d8 + 5 + 23 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 23 = 35
1d8 + 5 + 35 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 35 = 48
1d8 + 5 + 48 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 48 = 55
1d8 + 5 + 55 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 55 = 63
1d8 + 5 + 63 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 63 = 70

... 6 charges off the wand to get Jayse to full.


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayse gives Jofram and the two animals a quick inspection as they wander back in. "What kept ya?"

He looks at the group, "How's everyone's spell levels? Need to decide if we're capable of pressing on or if we need to figure out how to get some rest." He shrugs, "My sword-arm's fine, though I't about half my reserves on other powers."


Straehan nods at Jayse's comment, taking the justified rebuke, and knowing this battle could have turned out quite a bit worse, "Agreed."

The gnome walks over and, by way of thanks, punches Jayse lightly on the leg. He points to the tiny scratch on the large demon's back - his own nearly non-existent contribution to the fight. "Jayse, you really need to carry your weight in the next battle. You can clearly see I polished this beast off. So... stop slacking."

3 charges from the Wand:
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


I take it we are doing our own healing rolls?

CLW wand usage; 3 charges:
1d8 + 5 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 17 = 29
1d8 + 5 + 29 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 29 = 39
1d8 + 5 + 39 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 39 = 51

Ushari is at 51/52 HP; the wand is now at 38 charges.


Straehan weighs his internal resources...

"It all depends on what we encounter. I've got strength enough for one more Haste or a Fireball. And I can Dust and Web things till the cows come home... if we ever run into something that isn't incorporeal. Basically, I've got a few options and I'm not tapped out quite yet."

Spells REMAINING
1st Spells - 3 of 9
2nd Spells - 7 of 8
3rd Spells - 1 of 6

Ja's HPs: 70|70
Jo's HPs: 79|79
Ov's HPs: 50|72 <- Need some healing
Uv's HPs: 51|52
St's HPs: 60|60


Jayse wrote:
He looks at the group, "How's everyone's spell levels? Need to decide if we're capable of pressing on or if we need to figure out how to get some rest." He shrugs, "My sword-arm's fine, though I't about half my reserves on other powers."

Ushari thinks for a moment. "While I do have some divine energy left to spend, I am getting low on my healing channels." She glances around her, "Like Jayse says, if we keep pressing on here we may run into a battle which overwhelms us. If I can control my impulsiveness, we should be OK."

Orin healing:
1d8 + 5 + 50 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 50 = 63
1d8 + 5 + 63 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 63 = 69
1d8 + 5 + 69 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 69 = 82

Orin is at full HP; Wand is at 35 charges

EDIT: Sorry, I meant to say Orin there.


STONE-FACED KILLA
Strae wrote:
"Jayse, you really need to carry your weight in the next battle. You can clearly see I polished this beast off. So... stop slacking."

"Hey, we all have different gifts and roles to play there, Shadow-killer."

He waits patiently for the rest of the team's status update.


HP: 51/79 | | Anatomist (+1 to confirm Crits) | | Fav. Enemy +4 = Humans, Half-Humans, Undead

Ush, I don't think Jofram was ever hurt... Did you mean Orin?

The ranger returns, averting his eyes from those of his allies. "I... I'm sorry - I don't know what happened. I just.." Jofram trails off, lacking words to express the deepness of his shame.


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayse's tone is serious, "There is no shame here. I felt the creature's bark, too. THat wasn't natural fear. It could have happened to any of us. Hell, it DID happen to Ushari. Just glad you werent hurt while separated from us. How much of your spellpower do you have remaining for the day?"


Hey guys, checking in briefly during my lunch. Sadly, the wand of CLW is only 1d8+1. The minimum CL to create a wand is 5, true, but when you create the wand the default CL is the minimum to cast the spell. You can raise the CL, but it's more expensive. To determine the casting cost it's 750 x CL x Spell Level. I paid 750 for my wand, which means it's at CL 1.

Orin breathes a sigh of relief as the group retreats and reforms. As he walks, he drops a small pearl from his wrist sheath and concentrates a bit before returning it to its place.

Use second pearl of power to regain Ill Omen.

He then attends to everyone's wounds as Filch runs up to him and hides in a spacious pocket.

since mine only does 1d8+1 and Ushari's does 2d8+3, perhaps we should both burn wand charges at the same time, with 'Shari focusing on the more hurt people and me starting with the less hurt people? We can cut down on downtime that way.


Oh, and to answer your question...

I have quite a bit of my arcane power left, and nearly all of my higher-level spells, though none of them are much good against incorporeal foes, I'm afraid.


DM

DM handwave here...

Orin recalls that he was so charming with the proprietress that he got a great deal on the Wand. 1d8+5 healing at the 1d8+1 price It could have something to do with the way he stroked her leg with his prehensile white hair... but we shall not speculate on that here.

:) Play on, gentlemen. As you have no doubt figured out by this juncture - I'm not playing around with this Shaudran Ruin. It is a seriously dangerous place. That extra healing will come in handy.


And now you know WHY Ushari likes Hairy men...he he. Seriously, was Ushari able to get the same deal with HER wand?


DM

Sadly, Ushari's hair isn't long enough or prehensile enough to gain this bennie. :)


Jofram wrote:
The ranger returns, averting his eyes from those of his allies. "I... I'm sorry - I don't know what happened. I just.." Jofram trails off, lacking words to express the deepness of his shame.

"Forget about it. Heading the other direction was probably the wisest course of action - whether you wanted to or not. We're all alive - that's what counts." He considers what the others are saying about their resources, "So, shall we move on then?"


stormraven wrote:
Sadly, Ushari's hair isn't long enough or prehensile enough to gain this bennie. :)

Give it time man, give it time!

Orin, make sure you mark the charges down to 35 total on your wand. Ushari's CLW wand is still at full charge.


DM

Our valiant heroes, by silent agreement, proceed further into the startling and dangerous Shaudran structure...

At the far end of the room, they peer over the edge. A wide roughly rectangular chute/corridor 'falls' approximately 25', past a glowing lamp and into a large circular tunnel that appears to have stairs running around its circumference. The scouts step over the edge, reorienting to the 90 degree turn in reality, and proceed down the now 'righted' corridor. They arrive at a large winding staircase that proceeds both up and down - seemingly without end. Or, at least, it continues in both directions past the range of their vision. There are no railings to check a misstep into the open air at the center of the stairwell but the stairs are wide and flat. A slight breeze wafts up along the open column bracketed by the stairs. It smells strangely alien. Were the only choices to proceed up or down indefinitely on this seemingly endless winding staircase, our heroes would be flummoxed. But they see light emanating from a side corridor that meets the stairwell roughly 30' above them and to one side. It should be a simple matter to walk up the stairs and exit at that lit landing.

Just to be clear - you can see the staircase winding away both above and below you because the black spot at the center of the staircase is open and would be a hell of a fall (most likely).

Map


DM

Our valiant heroes, by silent agreement, proceed further into the startling and dangerous Shaudran structure...

At the far end of the room, they peer over the edge. A wide roughly rectangular chute/corridor 'falls' approximately 25', past a glowing lamp and into a large circular tunnel that appears to have stairs running around its circumference. The scouts step over the edge, reorienting to the 90 degree turn in reality, and proceed down the now 'righted' corridor. They arrive at a large winding staircase that proceeds both up and down - seemingly without end. Or, at least, it continues in both directions past the range of their vision. There are no railings to check a misstep into the open air at the center of the stairwell but the stairs are wide and flat. A slight breeze wafts up along the open column bracketed by the stairs. It smells strangely alien. Were the only choices to proceed up or down indefinitely on this seemingly endless winding staircase, our heroes would be flummoxed. But they see light emanating from a side corridor that meets the stairwell roughly 30' above them and to one side. It should be a simple matter to walk up the stairs and exit at that lit landing.

Just to be clear - you can see the staircase winding away both above and below you because the black spot at the center of the staircase is open and would be a hell of a fall (most likely).

Map


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayse gestures to the lit corridor before whispering, "Straehan and I will lead off. Follow at thirty or forty feet. We'll signal a halt if we run into anything."

With that, he checks his blade, making sure there is no light emanating from it.

Perception 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23
Stealth 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

As he sneaks, he draws two potions into his left hand -- one defense and one to Enlarge.


STONE-FACED KILLA

Ooooh yah! Top those rolls, Strae!


W00t! Regarding the souped-up wand! Don't want to nitpick, but I actually already used 5 charges of the wand earlier by my count, so that should put me at 30 charges. However, after two charges from the CL 5 wand I was only missing 3 HP. In that case, I definitely would have used Ushari's CL 1 wand instead of the CL 5 wand, you know? So can I put my wand to 31 charges and Ushari's to 49? Again, sorry to be that guy, but mathematically speaking I would definitely use the CL 1 wand as I am fully healed on a 2 or higher on a d8. :-)


stormraven wrote:

DM handwave here...

Orin recalls that he was so charming with the proprietress that he got a great deal on the Wand. 1d8+5 healing at the 1d8+1 price It could have something to do with the way he stroked her leg with his prehensile white hair... but we shall not speculate on that here.

This was hilarious, btw.


So you guys go up the stairs, we wait, then we follow at the entrance to the corridor while you are 30 ft or so ahead, right? I'll draw my potion of Bull's Strength and I'll stow my bow.


I'm fine with the 31/49 charges split.

Perception 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32 <-- 35 for trap-spotting
Stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Boo YA! The gnome sees all... he just isn't quiet about it. :)


Jayse and Straehan ascend the stairs quietly and vanish down a hallway. In very few moments, Jayse returns and signals the rest of the team to come up. The monk quickly rejoins the sorcerer around a bend in the corridor. The gnome examines a blank door set in the wall very carefully. It appears to be made of the same mineral/metal as the main door... though it is much smaller in scale and has no elaborate locking mechanism, just a simple handle.

"I'm not seeing any traps or anything unusual - magically speaking."

Map


I have one summoning scroll left. I can use it now to get a creature to open the door for us or, if you feel confident about Strae's trapfinding skills, I can save it for later. Either way, those of us not opening the door should retreat a safe distance away, agreed?

FWIW, I'd say the rest of us should back up a bit, and Jayse should open the door.


DM

The monk and sorcerer push open the door to reveal... a very large room with vaulted ceilings that must be 60' high. The remnants of tapestries hang from the wall or moulder in heaps on the floors. At the far end of the hall are a series of stone trestle tables that have borne the years well since they are still standing. Near at hand is mostly ruin and dust. Some objects were here but have clearly wasted away over the long march of years. However, some clues exist to what these objects might once have been. One or two large mineral/stone bunk beds stand in rows along one wall. On the pallet of each bed frame is a relatively even layer of dust and rotted material. You suspect these are all that remain of the mattresses. Looking briefly at the piles of materials, the orderly rows of it, and the odd fragments of wood that have survived the millennia, you would speculate that this room was once a large dormitory. It seems the room was divided in half. The near side were rows of beds and bunk beds and the further side, with the rows of tables, was the dining commons.

Map


DM

Plans and actions, gents?


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayse grunts.

Could be nothing. Could be a death-trap. I'd rather be paranoid, over-prepared, and look silly than careless and dead.

"Could be anything from a servants quarters to a garrison. And given the Shaudran focus on the arcane, we should assume its occupants had access to magic… including magic defenses. Anyone see anything above the latent magic of this place in evidence?"

As he speaks, he scans the room with eyes and ears for anything that will give them an edge in deciding their approach. Perception 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32.

"Adn I'm guessing it's a bit too much to hope that the object of our hunt would be stashed somewhere in here, huh? It's not where I'd keep something of importance, anyway." His eyebrows rise as a thought occurs to him, "Though I guess I'm assuming that Naladoria's shell was here when this place was actually inhabited. And that -- at that time -- it was an important enough item to be kept by the important residents in a place of defense. The reality is that our quarry could be something the Shaudran considered unimportant... which would widen our search criteria immensely. Which begs the question 'should we be thoroughly searching every object we run across as opposed to general room sweeps?'"


Ushari joins the monk at the entrance and thinks for a moment. "Well, I suspect the shell is magical since, as you say, the Shaudran value magical artifacts. I suspect the shell is in a vault of some kind, heavily guarded." She looks around at the barracks. "I do think we should be searching these rooms as we may find some clues as to where the vault lies."

Perception 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16

6,151 to 6,200 of 7,012 << first < prev | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SR's - Great Southern Isles (PbP) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.