Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

SR's - Great Southern Isles (PbP) (Inactive)

Game Master stormraven

High-Power Pathfinder Homespun Game


4,951 to 5,000 of 7,012 << first < prev | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | next > last >>

DM

Jofram slides down the rickety fire escape rails on boots and palms, then jumps off the final landing some 15' above the ground. His boots hit the puddle-coated alley cobbles with nary a sound. The ranger checks the exit for observers - nothing - and then bundles up and makes his way into the tavern where he is greeted by...

A rather bored Ushari and Straehan still trying to get even 6 inches nearer the barmaid's bed.


"... Is it my height? Not into Gnomes? You're not... virtuous are you?" The last comes out more like an accusation, on par with being a child-killer. "'Cause that is a deal-breaker with me. I can't abide sinless women. Ruins your entire gender. Honestly, you'll break my heart but I can take it - what is so loathsome about me?"


DM

The redhead laughs while steadfastly ignoring the cool-to-subarctic looks she draws from Ushari. "Truth to tell, I've never bedded a gnome, but that wouldn't stop me. And I'm very sinful - I've never met a virtue I couldn't ignore. As for why not you..." She gives him an ambiguous shrug and a wink, then moves off to tend a table that has empty flagons.

Who? 1d3 ⇒ 2


The gnome is poleaxed by the non-rejecting rejection. "I'll either kill her or marry her. Oh, this game isn't over, not by a longshot."


DM

Thinking better of it, the buxom barmaid comes back around, "Don't get me wrong, Killer. You've got appeal and I like your tenacity. You put in enough effort, you might be able to tack into this wind. But a girl knows what she likes immediately. Anything else is just coy crap. You'd have to make an effort to get me, that's just the way it is. Him..." She casts velvet eyes on the sodden ranger standing in the doorway (Jofram), "With a nice smile and a little charm, I could find my dress balled up at the foot of his bed." She gives Jofram another appraising look, a very favorable one, and heads off to the kitchen to get more food for her rambunctious patrons.


Straehan's jaw all but hits the table. "Him?" He looks from Jofram to Ushari and back again, "Just kill me now."


Ushari shoots a glare at the retreating redhead, before she sighs and swirls the wineglass around watching the swirling amber liquid. By the gods...are we going to be here all night? How many times must she turn him down?

The look she gives Jofram as she sees him re-enter the tavern is something akin to a thirsty man crawling in the desert seeing an oasis just over the next dune. As the barmaid offers the reason for the rejection, a broad smile lights up her face like a sunrise.


Straehan's face screws into a scowl at Ushari's unconcealed delight, "Oh, just shut it." He throws down his napkin (and throws in the towel) in disgust.


DM
Ushari wrote:
By the gods...are we going to be here all night?

Ushari has petitioned the Gods but sadly only I am listening... So, we'll just fast-forward before Jofram has a chance to seal the deal... :p

Straehan is utterly perplexed at this turn of events and quickly readies himself to leave. His is a fey mood, the kind that ends up with Glitterdusted patrons and official complaints bearing his name. You all decide to make sure he gets back to the Fish without any stops in the seedier sections of town. You skirt the edge between the Merchant Quarter and Old Towne, Jayse following stealthily on the rooftops many yards back. You make it back to the Fish no worse for wear. A few minutes later, Jayse enters the Inn having seen nothing of the mysterious figure.

It being a long day, you all turn in for the night...


Male Gnome Merchant / 10

The next morning dawns brighter but still not clear. High clouds roams the skies and some brood with a portent of rain. Nevertheless, our heroes find themselves at breakfast outside yet again, defying the weather... when along comes a squeaky-wheeled cart that is growing quite familiar.

Bitiborium halts the cart, smiles at you all, and sits down to share your breakfast. "So," he says preparing to stuff an entire jam-roll in his mouth, "How was it? Did you find out about my wood? Give me the details... my own stories are sadly uneventful and boring. I'm hoping yours have a little spice to them."

He pops the pastry in his mouth and looks from one to another of you waiting for the tale to be told...


Ushari stares at the gnome merchant and wonders whether all of his jobs would be as deadly as that one. She nods slowly, unsure how much to tell of the story. She decides it would not hurt to tell the truth here, while omitting portions of the experience, namely the group's deaths and reincarnation by their mysterious benefactor.

"Well, Master Bititorium, our tale started out innocently enough. We traveled to Bartleby's Cross and discovered the reason why the wood shipments had stopped. Turns out several of the children in town were turning up missing, so we decided to investigate the cause of their disappearance..." Ushari continues to relate the details of the group's investigation including the encounter with the gnoll tribe, and the discovery of the Shaudran ruin, the freeing and subsequent defeat of the Dweller and the death of the mastermind behind it all: Dinwat. She carefully omits any mention of Naladoria and her intervention, however.

She will allow the others to interrupt her if they so desire...


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayse slides his plate of jam-rolls into a more defensible position with a quick look that says (only half-playfully) 'the next one will cost ya'.

He lets Ushari recount their investigations and the ensuing difficulties, only interrupting when his memory or perspective alters from Ushari's. He's grateful that she very neatly sidesteps the entire Naladoria angle, covering his own tells by stuffing a few more jam-rolls in his mouth. Bluff 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28.

As Ushari winds down her retelling of their Bartleby's Cross assignment, Jayse finishes by recounting their Orfallen-based foibles of the previous day. "... so when you hear about some foreigners muckin' around in a bunch of local's affairs, kicking up dirt at local eating establishments, and rubbing tavern-owners and the local law the wrong way, it's probably safe to assume we're somehow involved." He can't help but shake his head at all the missteps they've taken in such a short time before another thought hits him. "Oh, and we ran into your boy Kilcrist." A quick eye-brow raise punctuates the word 'boy'. "He got us in contact with some local.. dealers who are helping us -- well, me -- get outfitted. Interesting kid. What are you plans for him, by the way?"


Male Gnome Merchant / 10

Cheeks stuffed with pastry like a chipmunk, Bitiborium watches with alarm as Jayse slides the plate of jam-rolls away. He looks like a toddler that had his favorite toy yanked. He quickly forgets the rolls as he listens fascinated with Ushari's story.

"Aroden's testes! That's insane." He shakes his head sorrowfully, "I'm sorry. I didn't think it would be anything like that. I was thinking wood-rot, bandits, something like that."

Jayse wrote:
"Oh, and we ran into your boy Kilcrist." A quick eye-brow raise punctuates the word 'boy'. "He got us in contact with some local.. dealers who are helping us -- well, me -- get outfitted. Interesting kid. What are you plans for him, by the way?"

Bitiborium's eyes flick to Jayse in an obvious warning look, but his voice betrays absolutely nothing, taking on his usual carefree timbre. "So you've got my shipment on your boat? Let's go get it - I've got customers waiting! Come'on, I'll make it worth your while. Breakfast can wait."

He jumps up and starts pushing his cart towards the dock. Curiosity gets the better of our heroes and they follow the little gnome. Half-way to the docks Bitiborium speaks again, directly addressing Jayse's question. "She's a rare talent, that girl. I'm not sure how you caught her out. Was she in the rain or something?" He waves off the need for an answer. "She's also got ears like a bat, which is why you are helping me with my wood. The short answer is I've got no 'plans' for her. She is her own woman. We have a mutually beneficial arrangement... and I'd appreciate you not messing with it."


Ushari turns to Straehan and gives him an 'I told you so...' look. Quickly bringing her focus back to the other far more cheerful gnome, she asks "So Bit, how did you meet Kilcrist?"


Male Gnome Merchant / 10

Bit smiles and turns around, deftly pushing the cart with his lower back so he can see all of them easily. "I was bringing a half-dozen horses through town to sell. She tried to steal them. Did a remarkably decent job of it for a 15 year old. I hired her on the spot."


Ushari grins, "She must have made quite an impression on you!" She skips along side the cart and continues, "One thing I don't understand though, is why she is in her current disguise. It must be difficult to maintain it for extended periods of time."


Male Gnome Merchant / 10

Bit watches Ushari skip for a moment before responding, "It's a man's world. Doors were closed to her, that are now open to him. Plus... I think she likes the challenge. It's good practice."

You arrive at the docks and are immediately waved through to the smaller dock holding the Mako. Bit must be familiar to the dock guards because he doesn't a second look or a single question. His cart thumps along the slats and stops by your boat - everything seems in order and undisturbed.


STONE-FACED KILLA

I just realized I should have thrown in a Bluff to communicate the fact that we know she's a she in a more discreet manner… my bad. Oh well.. live and learn.

Jayse realizes that actually showing the lumber to the merchant may be a formality at this point, but there is a time and place for upholding pretenses. He hops onto the Mako, unstrapping and throwing back the tarp. "This is what they sent. They seemed plenty pleased with our efforts with the whole Dinwat thing. Should we load up the lumber anywhere? Or do you already have someone ready to do that?"

Jayse mulls over the Kilcrist matter. "If it's not prying, what is your arrangement with Kilcrist? I certainly don't want to step on your toes, but if we're going to spend any amount of time in Orfallen, she seems like a good person to have a solid relationship with."


Male Gnome Merchant / 10

The gnome merchant flips up a couple of brackets on the top of his cart, hops lightly onto the boat, and runs a practiced hand and a skilled eye along the wood with a smile. "This looks perfect! Good work! Let's just load it on my cart." He grabs several pieces of lumber and hands them up to Jofram and Ushari, assuming they will happily help in the wood moving effort.

After the loading gets underway, he responds, "As a merchant, it's helpful to know the goings-on in the places I visit frequently. Kil is my set of ears at the Fish and around Orfallen. For that service, I back her - money, training, whatever she needs. She cuts her own deals with other folks, I expect. So long as those don't interfere with what she does for me, that's fine. She's an enterprising young lady." He says it with a level of admiration that almost sounds like pride.

As you continue loading, Bit thinks for a bit before speaking again, "It seems they gave you more than my order, a bonus perhaps? Your debt to me was worth just a bit over 400 Crowns... Saving a village wasn't part of the bargain. Hmmm. I can't abide owing a debt." He casts a glance at the mast and the magical sail tied to it. "Keep the sail."


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayse nods, "Yep. They threw in a little extra for the help we provided. I'll try to be aware of any infringement on your deal with Kilcrist. Definitely not in my best interest to get such a fine, upstanding, and potentially well-connected merchant such as yourself upset at me." He nods at the sail before continuing. "So how long you in town? Maybe you can give us some insider's info on some good places to drop in. See some sights? We're waiting on word from another client on a potential job (Naladoria) , so we're likely to be around for a bit."


Male Gnome Merchant / 10
Jayse wrote:
Jayse nods, "I'll try to be aware of any infringement on your deal with Kilcrist. Definitely not in my best interest to get such a fine, upstanding, and potentially well-connected merchant such as yourself upset at me."

Bit casts an eye on the monk, trying to determine if he is being mocked. "Kil knows which side her bread is buttered on. I've had a competitor or two who tried to bribe or even blackmail her... to give them information before she gave it to me, spy on my doings, things like that. She took it personally."

Jayse wrote:
"So how long you in town? Maybe you can give us some insider's info on some good places to drop in. See some sights? We're waiting on word from another client on a potential job, so we're likely to be around for a bit."

He straps down the last of the lumber. "I go where the wind and business blow me. I expect I'll be in town long enough to deliver this wood and possibly drum up a bit of business. That should take a few days, I think. As for 'sights'..." The gnome gets a mischievous look and consults the strange little device he carries in his vest pocket briefly. He cocks an ear for a moment, as if straining to hear something. "Yes, I might know a place you'd find 'interesting'. What are you doing after dinner, say 7-ish? Meet me at the Fish and I'll take you somewhere totally unique."


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayse smiles. Never a dull moment.

"Sounds good," he says as he helps the trader finish his preparation to leave. "Unless something comes up... and ya just never know around us... I'll be there."


Male Gnome Merchant / 10

The little merchant deftly spins his cart around and heads back up the dock. He gives the crew a wink. "Trust me you don't want to miss this." He chuckles for no particular reason you can identify. "If you want to get in good with Kil, I suggest you impress her. She usually takes a little foray around midnight."


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayse waves at the retreating halfling, "So... we got anything on our day planner for today?"

We waiting for something from the guy at the belt store? Either way, we can rp it or hand-waive it.

"Strae... let's go to a whorehouse and start a fight."


"Hm. Never seen a Fireball in broad daylight, that should be different. Let's get to it."

Here's a REMINDER of possible avenues for exploration.


STONE-FACED KILLA

Let's only do fun things. So I say pirate treasure or wait around to get belt/potions followed by getting Strae into more trouble at another whorehouse!

Jayse dips into an elaborate gesture, offering Straehan the door first, "I should like to see this daylit fire blossom of which you speak."


Ushari shakes her head in exasperation. "You are just insisting on figuring out the best way of either getting thrown in jail or ending up with a gaggle of jealous lovers." Her short cropped hair flounces in the rising sun, highlighting the pretty facial features in the daylight. "You had better let ME hang onto the money, guys. I have a feeling I will be needing to bail ALL of you out later!"


HP: 51/79 | | Anatomist (+1 to confirm Crits) | | Fav. Enemy +4 = Humans, Half-Humans, Undead

"You two are always managing to stir up the best trouble." Jofram says, shaking his head in mock disapproval.

SR:
Jofram uses the motion of shaking his head as an excuse to scan the area, remembering the spies from the day prior.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34 +2 vs. human
Bluff to hide action: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 +2 vs. human


DM

Jofram:
If there are spies, they are very good because you don't see anyone acting as they shouldn't.


Straehan holds up a single finger, "One time... just one time... I happen get into an innocent little tussle and dust a whorehouse. That's a fluke, not a pattern."


Ushari waves her hand dismissively at the gesture. "If I recall correctly, we were in Orfallen for one night!" She then holds up her own index finger in response. "Forgive me, Strae but I am not impressed by that fact for some reason. I think I will just tag along for the ride, as it were." She turns to head off after Jayse and Jofram then gives the gnome one last look. "So help me...if you try to pass me off as a lady of the night...you will regret it!"


DM

Straehan can only shake his head and mutter a snarky, "Not as much as the poor men who expect a good time" as he follows the retreating threesome.

You stroll leisurely back in the direction of your hotel, passing the Brazen Strumpet. The gaudy pink building, site of Straehan's little dust up, draws the gnome's eyes. At this hour of the morning, little appears to be happening. Some of the 'ladies' and 'gentlemen' enjoy light pastries at the few tables on the enclosed patio. Their clothes are more work-a-day and less revealing. Straehan's pace slows briefly as he watches the building and weighs something mentally - a look of determination on his face. In a moment his pace quickens as you all round the corner and head down the street towards the Fish...

You polish off your interrupted breakfast slowly as you watch the locals begin to swell the streets, going about their daily lives. At length, you get up and wind your way through the wide streets of the Merchant Quarter. A walk of no more than a quarter hour sees you arriving at the wide thoroughfare lined with Orfallen's libraries and museums.

Straehan says, "So we're looking for some mention of Amratt's Pearls, right? Anything else?"

If you guys want to research anything else since you are at the library, let me know. We'll work in any additional discoveries.

An hour later, you emerge from the stacks. You found no mention of 'Pearls' and the only Amratt of note appears on the map of a neighboring island. Straits of Essus Map

The sun approaches its zenith. You stop for a small bite of lunch at a hole-in-the-wall serving grilled meats and vegetables wrapped in a thick flatbread. It's filling and simple fare but still tasty. Afterwards, you circle back through the Merchant Quarter to Odd Bits. Rafael Tenbo greets you jovially and ushers you to the back. He pulls out a box and hands Jayse the Belt of Strength. The monk looks it over. Aside from being a bit scuffed, it looks fine. As a test, he lifts Tenbo before and after strapping on the belt. The increase in strength is noticeable.

Straehan casts a spell and nods, confirming the belt appears to be authentic. Tenbo looks between you. "Satisfied? That'll be 3880 Sovereigns... as we agreed." Jayse drops the coins. Tenbo quickly snaps them up and smiles, "You need anything else, you know where I am."

Our heroes step out of Odd Bits and look both ways trying to determine what to do next...

Straehan offers the possibilities that had been discussed before. "Jayse, did you want to finish your shopping and find this Swan the potion-seller? Or shall we head to that new tavern so Jofram can steal the attention of my EX-fiancee while Ushari fumes over her beauty? OR would you like to visit the Strumpet where I will attempt to sweet-talk the ladies there to lift their complaint."

Knowledge: Geography 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Appraise 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Spellcraft (Magic Item ID) 1d20 + 21 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 21 + 10 = 35 Identify


Earlier...

Ushari glances at the piles of books and scroll and sighs inwardly. Digging through musty old tomes was not her favorite activity bya ny stretch of the imagination, but as long as they were here...

"I think checking into those Shaudran ruins we have run into would be a good idea. Forewarned is forearmed, right Strae?"

SR, feel free to make any Knowledge rolls for 'Shari.

Ushari will tag along where ever Jayse want to do here.


STONE-FACED KILLA

money adjustment 4314 - 3880 - 20 = 414; includes the tip for Tenbo.

Inside Odd Bits

After the exchange, Jayse pulls two more platinum coins from his pouch. He places them face-up on the counter, using two fingers to slide them across to Tenbo. "Good work should be rewarded, am I right?" he says with a smile. Diplomacy to increase his disposition towards Jayse 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 2 = 19. Additional +2 for the "gift" (maybe the bonus could be a bit higher for it begin 20g equivalent?). Jayse steps back, making it clear he won't take back the money. "One professional to another."

Outside…

Jayse shrugs at the question, still situating his meager gear on and around his new belt. He straightens up his scarf, then pats subconsciously where his coat usually is. "Sure. Might as well finish gearing up before we get into any situations where we might want it. And don't think we missed that look you gave the Strumpet back there." He gives a half-smile, "What are you cooking up in that surprisingly large, wickedly-genius gnome brain of yours?"

He seems to realize he's still fidgeting with where his coat usually sits, an annoyed look crossing his features. "And I need to go find a new coat. Mine keep getting ripped up or walking away."

The pirate treasure angle is something that Jayse would be idly interested in, but he's not all that motivated by wealth itself. So until they find themselves in a place where they know they need to make some money (whether for immediate circumstances or to outfit for a job they've taken or been forced into), he's likely not to feel any urgency in looking into it. Though if we decide we want to spend much time in Orfallen (and make some kind of home out of it), having some money to set up shop might be nice. Alternatively, if there are purchases we need in order to gear up for a Shaurdran Ruins run, some pirate treasure might be just the thing… unless we can find lucrative enough employment more locally.


Ushari Velnokal wrote:
"I think checking into those Shaudran ruins we have run into would be a good idea. Forewarned is forearmed, right Strae?"

The gnome smiles, "I'm steadfastly in favor of NOT dying... and accurate information tends to help achieve that goal."


STONE-FACED KILLA

A sigh escapes Jayse's lips at the thought of another afternoon flipping through books. "If we're gonna do that, maybe we should take a look around for any leads on our old necromancer friend's electric-spell-rigging arcane friend?" (L.C.? Were there any keywords in that note we could search for in the library?)


DM
Jayse wrote:

Inside Odd Bits...

After the exchange, Jayse pulls two more platinum coins from his pouch. He places them face-up on the counter, using two fingers to slide them across to Tenbo. "Good work should be rewarded, am I right?" he says with a smile. Diplomacy to increase his disposition towards Jayse 1d20 + 1 + 2. Additional +2 for the "gift" (maybe the bonus could be a bit higher for it begin 20g equivalent?). Jayse steps back, making it clear he won't take back the money. "One professional to another."

Tenbo doesn't even look like he is vaguely familiar with the idea of receiving a tip let alone handing one back. He just smiles and gazes at the platinum, "Like I said, you need anything or wanna unload somethin' a little warm, you come see me."


DM

rolls:
Knowledge: Engineering 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

Knowledge: History 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 2 = 22
U Knowledge: History AA 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Knowledge: Local 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
U Knowledge: Local AA 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Knowledge: Planes 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 4 = 22
U Knowledge: Planes AA 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Knowledge: Religion 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 4 = 24
S Knowledge: Religion AA 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Knowledge: Geopgraphy 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

Jayse wrote:
(L.C.? Were there any keywords in that note we could search for in the library?)

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?


DM

Amratt was an easy search.

Shaudran architecture, construction, and potential threats are far more difficult. Only by cross-referencing dozens of books do you start to have a vague idea of what you might be facing, and even that is more hypothetical speculation than fact.

Structural...

What the accounts agree on is that the Shaudran were fixated on cosmology and that penchant was reflected in the construction of their edifices. Circular room repesent stars, the size of the room relates to the brightness of the represented star. Corridors run between the circular 'star' rooms in a configuration that mirrors their revered constellations. It is speculated that, if the significance of certain constellations was understood, one could divine the purpose of any given structure by surveying just a few rooms and comparing it to a stellar chart - adjusted for the drift of the stars over the millennia since the Shaudran vanished, naturally.

The only Shaudran constellations where records have been found to identify their ancient names are:

  • The Soul Serpent - the image of a winding snake swallows an egg
  • The Night Reaper - the image of a running man with a low sweeping scythe cleaves sheaves of wheat
  • The Water Pourer - the image of a woman with an amphora over her shoulder pours forth a cascading stream of water
  • The Lord of the Leaden Sky - the image of a strongly built naked man wields dual mattocks and screams at a blank sky
  • The First Scorpion - the image of an eight-legged angular black scorpion stands with claws open, its tail poised to strike a setting sun
  • The Sea Gate - the image of a massive circular portal sits half submerged in a choppy sea

Some accounts suggest the dangers of moving through their structures. Gravity fields may distort and twist. Open rifts to the Plane of Shadow most likely exit. And then there are the inhabitants.

Ecology...

Reports coming from smaller and easily accessible Shaudran ruins indicate that several dangerous creatures roam the ancient corridors. In addition to Fetchlings and shadowy versions of normal animals, there are a variety of light averse undead - particularly Shadows, Wraiths, and Spectres. Further, it is believed that all manner of shadow-oriented creatures may stalk the halls of larger structures... possibly including such foes as Shadow Dragons, Umbral Dragons, Nightshades, or Shadow Demons.


Jayse wrote:
"...And don't think we missed that look you gave the Strumpet back there." He gives a half-smile, "What are you cooking up in that surprisingly large, wickedly-genius gnome brain of yours?"

Straehan projects innocence. "Who me? I was just rehearsing my apology - to get rid of that complaint. I mean, honestly, what could I be cooking up?"

Jayse wrote:
He seems to realize he's still fidgeting with where his coat usually sits, an annoyed look crossing his features. "And I need to go find a new coat. Mine keep getting ripped up or walking away."

"So, are we getting you a coat along with potions?"


Ushari rubs her eyes trying to get the dust and grime off her hands. Really these books could be just a bit more cleaner, she thought. Still the information gained was a good trade-off.

As the group emerges into the bright sunshine (at least compared to the dusty library), she squints her eyes. "Jayse, the only thing we have to go on is the Flyn project L.C. mentioned in her letter. I have NO idea what that could be. We would have much better luck tracking down a replacement for your coat. I think if L.C. is in Orfallen, then Kilcrist would be an invaluable resource."

She gives Jayse a wink. "I think you may need to turn on the charm first."


"Flyn? Unless that's someone's name, I don't think we'll need Jayse's wiles. I saw it on a map of Amador. It's near the heart of the island, over the mountains East of Colona."

'Amador' Map

Knowledge: Geography 10 + 11 = 21 Take 10


"Ahh, OK. That makes a lot more sense. I think if we want to track down L.C. then a trip to Flyn is in order." She laughs lightly, "I still think his charms will be needed!"


DM

Research done, our heroes check the shadows cast by the maze of buildings. It must be close to 3PM.

OK, what's the plan, guys?

Here's what you've accomplished:

  • Settled your debt with Bitiborium
  • Found the location of Amratt
  • Found the location of Flyn
  • Uncovered what there is to know about Shaudran structures

Here are the current obvious choices:

  • Find Swan in Old Towne to talk about potions (Jayse)
  • Buy a coat (Jayse)
  • Head to the Strumpet to get the complaint lifted (Straehan)
  • Meet Bit at the Fish at 7PM (All)
  • Catch up with Kilcrist around 12AM (?)


STONE-FACED KILLA
Straehan wrote:
Straehan projects innocence. "Who me? I was just rehearsing my apology - to get rid of that complaint. I mean, honestly, what could I be cooking up?"

Jayse shakes his head emphatically in mock-sincerity. "I totally believe you. 100% And furthermore would like to be there when all this goes down… sitting at a table sipping something alcoholic at a safe distance."

Straehan wrote:
"Flyn? Unless that's someone's name, I don't think we'll need Jayse's wiles. I saw it on a map of Amador. It's near the heart of the island, over the mountains East of Colona."

"That still doesn't tell us much of what it is. Town? Ruins? Geographic feature? Some old dude in hut at the base of a whispering volcano?" He shrugs over at the group, "Whatever L.C.'s project is, we don't know if it's something she works on here or on-site. And if it's on-site, is it something worth heading all that way. If I remember the map correctly, it won't be an easy undertaking getting there. Unless you guys know something I don't, that just seems like more research-bait to me."

Jayse checks the time, "Unless we want to find out more about Flyn. We could go hit the potion lady, keeping our eyes open for a tailor to make me a replacement coat. Then, if we have time, give the Brawler of Orfallen here a chance to finagle his complaint away at the Strumpet, with the goal of meeting Bit at the Fish this evening?"

Jayse is planning to check out the 12am Kilcrist excursion... if possibly doing it in stealth-mode. :)


Jayse wrote:
Jayse shakes his head emphatically in mock-sincerity. "I totally believe you. 100% And furthermore would like to be there when all this goes down... sitting at a table sipping something alcoholic at a safe distance."

Straehan looks amused, "I find your lack of faith... refreshing."

Jayse wrote:
"That still doesn't tell us much of what it is. Town? Ruins? Geographic feature? Some old dude in hut at the base of a whispering volcano?" He shrugs over at the group, "Whatever L.C.'s project is, we don't know if it's something she works on here or on-site. And if it's on-site, is it something worth heading all that way. If I remember the map correctly, it won't be an easy undertaking getting there. Unless you guys know something I don't, that just seems like more research-bait to me."

The gnome makes a fending-off gesture. "Rather than come back another day to sort this out, just give me 15 minutes." Straehan heads back into the library. He emerges 22 minutes later.

"Flyn is a farming village with a population of 75 according to a census taken five years. And it would be a trek of a few weeks to reach it. We either follow the roads or take the Mako down to Far Corvosa and travel up the North/South road from there. There doesn't appear to be a path through the mountains, so unless we've got a flying carpet we are stuck taking the long way."

Jayse wrote:
Jayse checks the time, "We could go hit the potion lady, keeping our eyes open for a tailor to make me a replacement coat. Then, if we have time, give the Brawler of Orfallen here a chance to finagle his complaint away at the Strumpet, with the goal of meeting Bit at the Fish this evening?"

"Sounds good to me."

Jayse wrote:
Jayse is planning to check out the 12am Kilcrist excursion... if possibly doing it in stealth-mode. :)

Excellent!


Ushari nods in response to Straehan. "A farming village, you say. Hmmm, well an out of the way place like that would be well suited for L.C.'s plans, whatever they might be."

She turns to Jayse and smiles, a twinkle in her eyes. "Do you want someone to tag along...a chaperone perhaps?"

5K...WOOHOO!!


Ushari Velnokal wrote:

Ushari nods in response to Straehan. "A farming village, you say. Hmmm, well an out of the way place like that would be well suited for L.C.'s plans, whatever they might be."

5K...WOOHOO!!

A quizzical expression crosses the gnome's face. "I know I'm going to regret asking this BUT... how do you know an out-of-the-way village is right for L.C's plans when you have no idea what those plans entail?"

5K, WOOT! Indeed. Check the OOC, please.


STONE-FACED KILLA

"I agree with Strae. I don't want to head out on some crazy long trek on the thought that there might be a clue to something that may or may not be related to a bad guy we put in the ground. Plus… I've said it once and I'll say it again… I don't plan on kicking over every mage's ant-farm I come across just because they're somehow connected to another mage we've pegged as evil. Seems like a good way to get stung."

He gives Ushari a wicked grin, "and you're more than welcome to come chaperone… if you think you can keep up."

were you talking about at the Strumpet or for while Jayse follows Kilcrist?


DM

"Oh SNAP!", says the DM. :)

4,951 to 5,000 of 7,012 << first < prev | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SR's - Great Southern Isles (PbP) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.