Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Curse of the Crimson Throne AP, running under the Pathfinder ruleset.


3,151 to 3,200 of 6,028 << first < prev | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | next > last >>

Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ok, no problem Megs... Normal Diplomacy roll then! :)

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Shakhan stands slightly aside, but suddenly is very visible to the One-Eyed Man as the aging fighter nods meaningfully with his weapon uncomfortably close to hand.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel looks on and absently pats his summoned Mount.
I was only good for another hour or so, he would have to start prepping the spell more regularly.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The One-Eyed Man scratches his head. Maybe he thinks it assists the thought process.

"Hmm. Well... Guess I can take you there... if, that is, you can vouch for these others. Him I know... saw him fight a few times, Shakhan the Mighty as I recall. But your pets..."

He turns and heads along the shore without a second glance. At the far end of the settlement, he turns inshore a crooked block and points at a squat, two-story wooden building in desperate need of repair and gardening.

"That's her house. Not sure who's at home, though."

Quite a few of the gawkers have followed, still making jokes... mostly concerning gnomes and dogs.

Diggle is having no little difficulty. His new mount is not happy about the remarks, is growling furiously and is struggling against the temptation to go and bite some of the smart-mouths!


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Diggle hearing and feeling Mugsy's distress pats his new mount reassuringly. Diggle imprints this fools face upon his mind. One day, he will laugh last and laugh loudest.

Diggle will at least get a laugh from this. He notes the location of his wand of grease and touches it desirably with one hand.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel follows along and keeps silent. It was fortunate the Shakhan's fame preceded them. Ashe looked local and so he simply kept quiet. He was still a foreigner bearing arms. No need to make anyone nervous.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe leads 'Redhoof' by the reins, "My companions will make no trouble... as long as no threat is presented them. But I would council your youngsters that our Gnome Elemental Fire Sorcerer - Master Diggle Spindlwell, is in a unforgiving mood this morning and continued jests and jeers make his fires burn even brighter. Tempting Gnomish self-control is... unwise at best. I'd hate for Master Diggle to see the need 'to sing songs about their deeds' and lack thereof comedic skills!"

Following One-Eye to the turn in the block Ashe notes the house.

"Thank you One-Eye. May your roads be long and your journeys profitable."

Ashe walks down the block to the house and knocks on the door.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una glares behind her.

"In other words, stow it, or you're likely to get a face full of fire."

Intimidate
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Ah, brings me back to a gestault fire elementalist sorcerer/alchemist I once had. Fireball here. Fireball there. I could decimate armies in seconds. Unfortunately she was possessed by the fire elemental spirit that consumed her tribe, and frequently caught on fire herself.


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Diggle has had enough of the pokes and prods of these fools jests as they stop out front of the girls supposed house.

He dismounts from Mugsy and turns to face the following pack of ruffians.

He pats Mugsy upon the muzzle as Mugsy attempts to nuzzle at his short companion.

Diggle then turns to face the group taking a couple steps away from Mugsy, squares off planting his feet firmly. He pushes his cape back over his shoulders, stares fully at the group of idiots and begins casting.

He selects an area 10ft before the group of rough necks and manifests a 5ft ball of electricity. (standard action: flaming sphere with energy substitution electricity) Now that the ball manifests as he willed, he speaks to the group.

"Do you find your current predicament funny now."

Standard Action Intimidate Demoralize 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Move action Diggle then wills the ball of electricity into the group of rabble hoping for a strike.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

WTF!


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

I'm assuming he's playing the d8 chaotic neutral (true chaos)


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

He was provoked and when the little gnome gets an idea he runs with it. It's not like he say's to the group, "Back me up guys." Nope, he stands proud and confident in his abilities and is willing to take what consequences befall him from his whimsical outbursts.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5
Varrel wrote:
WTF!

I think Varrel is not bothered by the fact you cast a spell at them but the lethality of the spell you chose.

Try to look at it this way Diggle, you have damage wise drawn a Greatsword and went after children swinging it with power attack behind it! Plus you don't have to make an attack roll to hit them if you move it into their square they are auto hit and must save or be burned.

Flaming sphere = 3d6{fire} + ignite flammable objects
Greatsword = 2d6{slashing}

Also this is a hovel town mostly wooden structures and you just popped a 5'ft sphere of rolling fire into this arguably flammable locale.

I understand that Diggle has not likely pondered this but you have effectively aimed a bazooka at a pack of annoying foxes. I doubt these youngsters have more than 4 to 6 hit points apiece.

This is not just threatening its pulling an Uzi and going full auto on a street innocents to hit a few unarmed punks - its DEADLY intent to commit murder.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging
Diggle Spindlewell wrote:

Move action Diggle then wills the ball of electricity into the group of rabble hoping for a strike.

I won't post an action yet, in case you wanna retcon that last sentence. Varrel is good, so is Ashe, so is Una. Moving the ball INTO the GROUP kills commoners! Varrel is cool with you threatening to stand up for yourself. But that action is murder of innocents, not at all justifed by teasing. Sorry dude, but in char of course, Varrel and Ashe are gonna attack!....Waiting on your retcon if you wanna change that last sentence. Not sure if you are actually aiming to kill people.


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Noone said they were kids either, I am sure they are local crims looking for an easy mark to hit. Anyway, my actions pretty much take 2 rounds as I have indicated so Meg's has a chance to act before I move it into them anyway. If they don't get the hint and press on then my next move is to electrocute one by one. That's right, as I said, it's electricity, not fire.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Great Scott!

OK. When Ashe (who has proved his credentials as a Varisian) and Una (who's just darn intimidating when she wants to be) start to comment, most of the local yahoos back off and cease ragging on the gnome & his mutt.

Of course, there is a group of adolescent young men who are impervious to hints of this nature. They continue to jeer, even after their fellows first nudge them then - as Diggle dismounts and starts posing - back off.

I guess the "Hey, the titch is mimicing a socerer... maybe he's been watching real mages duel!" proved too much for Diggle's restraint.

So, Diggle, do you want to hurl your electricity ball at these guys?


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

I will take the friendly advice of my companions and await the reaction they have to my imposing ball of electricity.

"I suggest you follow the intelligent act of your seniors and cease your banter, lest my will slips and the ball engulfs you."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The adolescent young men take one look at the advancing ball of electricity, something quite outside their ken, and back off... suddenly deciding that they have pressing business elesewhere.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel breathes a sigh of relief and takes a hand off his scimitar, which seemed to have drifted there of it's own accord.
One have a direct and dangerous way of making a point, Master Diggle, I shall have to remember never to jest you. In any case, they seem to have gotten the message. Kindly dismiss the ball before you terrify the entire neighborhood AND the little girl we mean to speak to.


Shakhan smirks. Though its hard to tell for somebody not used to his face - one grim expression being pretty similar to the next.


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Diggle will equip two wands, turn to the party and dismiss his spell. He will cast shield upon himself as a precautionary measure.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe turns to regard the casting of offensive magics. He watches the interchange calmly... saying nothing and only raising an eyebrow in concern over the expenditure of magic so...seemingly at a whim.

Satisfied it was resolved without any bloodshed he turns his attention back to the door... knocking a second time.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una leans back and smirks at the retreating commoners, crossing her arms over her chest before she turns back towards the house they are interested in. "Serves them right, I should say." She mutters under her breath. "I hope you won't actually hurt someone, Diggle, if you can prevent it. Flashy magic is all fine and good, but generally we want to keep as many people alive as possible if they're not really causing serious harm to anything or anyone."


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Diggle pats Mugsy, his one companion that may support his actions. It's quite simple. People think they are bigger than they are then you put them in their rightful place. Just as you would do. "Isn't that right Mugsy!?" Diggle was finding very quickly it was very comforting to have his new companion. He thinks quickly about the favored food he need source for his new friend that evening. Diggle stands with Mugsy and his head turns from his other companions to the silly fools who nearly made him unleash his inner insatiability. His power was growing within him with every spell he intoned. Tonight he would think on it more, his very bright future. He looks around his other companions and appreciates their words to reign in his power. He would need to live to grow to his power so some restraint would be truly wise.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Mugsy wags his tail enthusiastically, almost knocking the gnome over.

Meanwhile, Ashe's knocking garners a response. The door is opened by a rather flustered-looking woman. Behind her, the interior is remarkably clean and well-kept, filled with worn, well-used furniture and decorated with the crafts and scribblings of children. A smell of cinnamon and anise drifts from somewhere in back.

"Morning," says the woman, "S'cuse me, my daughter's ill. Is there anything I can do for you?"


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe bows slightly, "Good Morning Ma'am, My name is 'Ashe', I and my companions have been tracking down some cursed coins and have been led to believe your daughter 'Breeze' came in contact with some of them. We came as quickly as we could fearful she would be ill by such contact. I'd like to offer my assistance to treat young Brianna... and try to make her well. Its possible others may become ill with the same malady."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"You'd better come in," she says, standing back. "There's an acolyte from the Bank of Abadar in the kitchen, come to see what he can do for Brienna, but she's awful sick." She possesses a simple beauty, scarcely hidden by her disheveled appearance and wan features —looks like she's not slept in more than a day.

In the living room, two small boys are playing quietly. They have distinctly Varisian features, with unruly black hair, brown eyes, and olive skin. Every few minutes, a spasm of ragged coughing fills the house from above.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel feels a pang as he walks into the home. These people clearly had little means. Yet the happiness from the boys was clear. These people deserved more than what they had. At least they were free. For now.
He looks to the cleric of Adabar and is somewhat surprised. The god of banks and commerce did not give miracles for free.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe follows the fearful mother within but pauses momentarily next to Varrel and mutters, 'I will need to ask you for one of your doses of Anti-plague my friend...'

Then Ashe walks into the kitchen to see the Cleric of Abadar. He nods respectfully, "Well met, Honored Merchant of the First Vault, I am 'Sir' Asherick Whiteplume-Stolyarev, Paladin of the Inheritor. Have you been hired to determine Brienna's malady?"


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel doesn't hesitate to hand over the Anti plague. He was glad that while his response was instant, it was from his own concern for these people and not out of any old feeling of subservience to a noble. He was past that. He hands it over with a quiet reminder though.
I hope we stop it here Ashe, but if there are too many contacts already you won't be able to save everyone. The cure must be the priority.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

His eyes sadden not from Varrel's words but Ashe's mask of constant optimism for once... slips... revealing his true feelings; that are a combination of shame that he cannot lift more of the poor out of poverty, anger that the rich who have so much idly bask in their wealth while good people suffer in squalor and sorrow that he is in truth powerless to change those facts as he whispers, "...I fear we are already too late friend Varrel.. we'll do what we can and can only trust to the gods to bless our heartfelt efforts..."

His tone is... tinged with despair...


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Perception
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Una overhears the whispered exchange and frowns at Asherick.

"Nonsense. No need to speak that way. Discouragement is not the answer here, even if the task before us is daunting. With the right communication, leadership, tactics and logistics, and reliance on the goodness of humanity to fill in the rest of the details, I think the situation will be restrained relatively swiftly."

She frowns as she approaches the woman. "We fear she contracted the plague from coins she had discovered. If you have seen the coins, do not touch them, and point them out to us so we can exchange good coin for the bad ones." She proceeds to describe the coins to the mother.


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Diggle remains outside at the front door with Mugsy.


Shakhan too stays outside. He figures there's no need for him - and the cramped quarters inside would not accommodate him readily.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The cleric is in the kitchen, brewing up a concoction from herbs he has spread out on the counter from a pouch. He looks up at Ashe's approach.

"I am Ishani Dhatri," he introduces himself. He looks about 30-something, a neat fellow in white robes with a gold trim. "I am but a lowly acolyte of Abadar, yet I seek to do what I can to help... it is my mission in life to heal the sick, ever since... never mind. This case has me concerned. It is like nothing else that I have encountered, a combination of symptoms that I have not seen before... and I have seen many terrible diseases in my time."

The odd thing is, Varrel reflects, that clerics of Abadar are not usually noted for herbal remedies, they prefer to cast spells and charge accordingly!

The two small boys look up, spot Mugsy and approach shyly. "May we pet him?" one asks Diggle.

The mother looks horrified at Una's words.

"The coins?" she asks. "Brienna only found them this morning, washed up on the shore. She was so excitied... she wanted to treat us all to some nice things as well as to send the boys to school. It's so expensive, I'd despaired of ever being able to get them educated..."

She points to a small chest on a side table.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe replies to Ishani, "A noble choice indeed, Honored Acolyte. Have you called upon any miracles on behalf of this family?"

But his attention is taken immediately at the young mother's words about the chest.

Ashe turns and walks over to the chest swiftly and detects evil, "Varrel, please cast a detect magic from where you are, please at this chest?"

"Matron you should get your children away from this chest, Acolyte Ishani... you may want to listen to this... but keep your distance. There may be evil magics at work here."

Ashe opens the chest, reasoning if the chest has already been opened before - if a disease is the effect of opening the chest it has already triggered but even if a curse someone must open it to know more and examine the contents.

Move Action: '3rd-effect' Detect Evil-Specifically the chest's contents and the chest


Male Gnome Sorcerer / 5

Diggle puts a hand up as he see's the boys approaching. "Best stay away thank you young ones. Mugsy is not of a good mood at the moment." 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17. Diggle knows full well these humans may also be effected by the sickness too and so moves away if they do not heed his warning and continue to approach. Once he is happy, he will use his vial of antiplague as his skin starts to crawl.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varre casts DETECT MAGIC to confirm thier fears, that the box/coins radiates magic, much the same as the one they already had. He takes note of the amount for te inevitable exchange of thier own good coine for the bad ones.

Then h looks to the tings the priest has laid out.
You are planning to cure the disease with herbs? Is the required miracle beyound you? or is the family unable to affored your gods goodwill?


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una also looks at the herbs, and although she was familiar with some herbs due to her profession, she did not recognize all of them. "I am sure that everything that can be done for the girl is being done for her. Lumps of sugar add up to sweeten the pot."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The coins in the chest do indeed detect both magical and evil.

Ishani Dhatri looks a bit embarassed.

"If I had been sent for earlier perhaps I could have cast a miracle for her, but I'm afraid that my duties at the Golden One's Vault required me to entreat him for similar miracles already this day. Even if I could, though, the tenets of my church force me to request a donation for Abadar's power — one that I suspect these simple folk could scarcely afford. My knowledge of herbs, however, I may offer freely."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe draws his gleaming shortsword made of alchemical silver and carefully uses it to picks through the coins of the chest... immune or not unwilling to touch the coins unnecessarily and counts their total. When satisfied with the count he retrieves his sealed bundle of the coins and drops all save one he retains into the chest before re-sheathing his shortsword and closing the chest. Carefully putting the single coin away he announces...

"For sure they are the same evil magic radiating coins..."

[Total number remaining please Megan?]

Turning to Ishani Dhatri he replies, "A charitable kindness beyond the tenants of your faith.. not one I'm sure your superiors look un-askance at I would assume? Thank you. I will likely need to consult your advice them as herbal remedies may be all that we have for now."

"Though you may need to hurry Cleric Dhatri... you must warn the Bank of Adadar about these accursed silver coins so that they do not accept them and redistribute them among their business clients!"

Turning to the matron Ashe is about to speak... when the children outside gasp and squeal in excitement as Majenko flies up fluttering through the ajar front door to wing in and perch upon Asherick's shoulder... hissing in excitement and exertion. His thoughts sound to all in the room...

{I deliver! I Majenko delivered message to Marshal Kroft woman...!~}

Ashe smiles and scratches the tiny dragon between the wings, "Excellent my friend... rest now you seem a bit winded..."

Ashe continues turning to the young mother, "I did not get your name miss...? I would like to claim that chest and remove it from your home so no one else can get sick, but despair not... I'll see to it from my family coffers, if I must, that your children can go to school replacing this cursed windfall with true coin. I will beseech my goddess Iomedae to do all 'She' can for your daughter... I have access to 'Her' Divine blessings that I can and will use freely and without charge to aid in Brianna's recovery. May I now - alone see 'Breeze' please? I must get a magical diagnosis of this ailment... to be absolutely sure of what sickens your daughter."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel catches the clerics reference, Already used? Have other turned up today bearing similar symptoms?

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"I am Tayce Soldado," the lady respons to Ashe's enquiry. "I'm a widow and do my best to support my children by taking in washing. Brienna works as a maid and the boys have been helping a local wheelwright... I'm hoping he'll take them as apprentices although I cannot afford the fees." She stops abruptly, bushing as she realises she's babbling a bit.

"But you don't want to be bothered by that, Lord. Brienna is upstairs, I gave her my bed." There's another burst of coughing from above in confirmation.

Ashe goes up. The creaky steps open up into a bedroom loft above the main room of the Soldado home. A young girl with auburn hair lies in one of the beds, her slight frame dwarfed by the bed’s size and the pile of pillows, afghans, and quilts surrounding her. Splotches of an angry red rash cover her face and arms, appearing in irregular shapes and sizes. Suddenly, her restlessness is interrupted by a violent fit of hacking coughs that jerk her entire frame, lifting her well off her pillows. The spasm passes after a moment, dropping her back to the bed, but seemingly having done little to ease her breathing.

Meanwhile below, Ishani Dhatri says "My superiors would be displeased if they found out that I help people without charge. But when they are poor yet their need is great..." He shrugs his shoulders, holding his hands out.

"No, those who required healing at the Bank had other ills. A mother with a difficult birth, a noble's lad who had fallen from his horse... This is something I have never seen before."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Ashe briefly takes Tayce's hand and smiles, "...Milady Saldado, it is never a bother to hear the concerns and dreams of a hard working mother seeking only the benefit of her family's welfare. I cannot help everyone.. everywhere.. all the time.. but I can help and want to help you and your family here and now. I am not lord but fate has blessed me with some means to give assistance... worry no more."

{Hmmm... I think I may have the makings of an idea that may be something that kindhearted Ishani might be able to propose to his church superiors that might make getting apprenticeship fees covered for those wishing the gain marketable skills among the poor much easier and still.. provide for Abadar's needed profit! But that is a discussion for another time...}

Ashe continues up stairs the toe large loft bedroom an closes the door behind him before moving to the young lass' bedside.

He pauses, deep concern and worry stirring in his heart at seeing the pretty young girl... obviously the image of her mother so ill. He does what any pious man would do before doing what he can... he makes a silent prayer of supplication...

{Great Iomedae, goddess of justice, honor and protection, it is I Asherick who humbly call upon thy glory and mercy. I know I am flawed and I am sure there or more pious and worthy tools of your power.. but now these people need your mercy and charity fate has placed me... unworthy though I may be as their protector and steward. I ask for thy wisdom and blessing... not for my own glory... never for myself... but for the sake of these innocent victims of evils plots so that you may be glorified - your power and your name as the Inheritor of Justice Divine and the protector of the downtrodden and innocent. If my life be the price.. if a paladin must fall.. then I gladly accept that price for these innocent people. For the Heart... For Victory!"}

Ashe moves into the room and pulls up a stool taking a seat next to her. Smiling he removes his right cold-Iron gauntlet and gently takes her bare hand holding it tenderly, "Hello, little Brianna 'Breeze', I'm 'Ashe'! Looks like you've caught something of a mean cold! Don't worry little one... let's see about making you feel better hmmm?"

Ashe removes retrieves his healers kit from his pouches and first pulls out a bottle of 'Sooth Syrup' and a spoon to give her throat and stomach a little easy hopefully lessen her violent coughs for a little bit. He gently slips his bare hand behind her shoulders to help her sit up and pours a dose into the spoon.

"Here dear sit up a little... and swallow this down... its sweet but not candy... that comes later. but it will make those coughs a little less harsh."

Feeding her the dosage he gently settles her back down until she is comfortable again.

Smiling again for her, to keep a cheerful demeanor & warmth with a good beside manner for his patient he says, "I'm going to call upon a miracle 'Breeze' to get some idea of what is making you sick ok?"

Ashe pulls out the silver coin with the evil enchantment upon it holding it well away from 'Breeze' but within a 5'ft of her so the coin and her are in the area of effect and casts 'Diagnose Disease'.

[ooc: Megan did Ishani reply to this...
"Though you may need to hurry Cleric Dhatri... you must warn the Bank of Adadar about these accursed silver coins so that they do not accept them and redistribute them among their business clients!"
And what was the total count of coins int he chest?]

--------
[ooc: I included it as its not a corebook spell. Ashe is going for the bonus to Heal checks as he will be stacking several effects and medicines to 'treat disease' and confirm if the coin is a diseased item with the same disease afflicting little 'Breeze'.]

DIAGNOSE DISEASE
School Divination; Level cleric 1, druid 1, paladin 1, ranger 1, witch 1
Casting Time 1 standard action
Component V, S
Range close {25'ft, +5ft per 2 levels}
Target or Area one creature, one object, or a 5-ft. cube
Duration instantaneous
Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance no
You determine whether a creature, object or area carries any sort of disease or infestation(including molds, slimes and similar hazards), or any exceptional or supernatural effects causing the sickened or nauseated effects. If there is disease present, you know what disease it is and it effects. If the target is a creature, you gain a +4 bonus on Heal checks to treat the creature's disease. The spell can penetrate many barriers, but 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3'ft of wood or dirt blocks it.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Nice Roleplay

Varrel looks at the priest with some sympathy, for it seemed the man did truly wish to provide aid.
You want to do something beyound here? Carry the message of possible plague to the temple of Many. A plague ship sails into the harbor and we find these diseased and magic coins to be washing ashore? with nothing else, bodies or otherwise? These coins are silver sails. How many may already be in circulation? The faiths should know and be prepared.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"It is fortunate that they are old enough to be aged specifically. We might be able to pick these coins out if they have been circulated. But it is important that the authorities find out about this as soon as possible, so that we can find the cursed coins before the entire city is infected."

Una glares at the priest, but does not try to intimidate him further. The weight of her words should be enough to impart the importance of their mission.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"Yes... yes," says Ishani. "I heard what the Lord Ashe said, and will relay it to my superiors at the Bank as soon as I get there. No doubt they will see the wisdom of sharing the information widely, both with those men of commerce that are devotees and with the priests at other temples too."

The poor fellow is looking rather harassed.

There were 46 coins in the chest, and a further 4 retrieved from market traders for a total of 50 sails.

Upstairs, Ashe finds that the cough syrup eases Brienna's hacking a bit, but does not quell it entirely. Then he casts his spell.

OOC: Thank you for typing out the spell description, saved me from having to look it up! (But book & page no. will do, everything's to hand again now I'm at home!)

Ashe:
Brienna is affected by a disease that is is a refined form of Vorel's phage, in itself an unnatural disease that first came into being deep under Foxglove Manor, on Varisia's coast... and it looks like someone has meddled with it further. The disease is characterized by headache, fatigue, coughing, and a rash and mask of blisters that covers the face. As it progresses, the cough becomes more obtrusive, the rash spreads to the neck, face, and limbs and develops into pox-like blisters, and the lymph glands swell into painful buboes. At its most advanced stage, the blisters grow to the size of grapes or larger, internal bleeding creates black patches on the skin, and blood is expectorated. Ultimately, a most unseemly, wheezing death occurs. If left untreated, the disease kills the average human in approximately 7 days. It is contracted by contact or injury.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 2; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [9]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5

Bluff: {untrained} 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Ashe takes in the divinely granted knowledge and contains his seething outrage... under a cool calm smile for little 'Breeze'...

"Well now... I think I know just what you need... rest easy little one. I'll be right back."

Majenko looks on the little girl from Ashe's shoulder and his wings stir nervously, {... little girl 'Breeze' child going to die Ashe?}

{Not if I have anything to say about it! Perch on that lamp stand and try to keep her attention and amused if you can my friend... but DO NOT touch her or ANYTHING she has touched!}

Majenko flutters from Ashe's shoulder and begins to preen and trill occasionally drawing the girl's attention. Telepathicly Majenko makes small talk with her asking about her collected shineys...

Ashe pats her hand gently and stands heading out of the room to shut the door behind him making his way down the steps.

Ashe returns to the family room and is removing his cloak and setting his helmet down with a grim determination in his eye.

He keeps his voice low so as not to carry to the child upstairs, "..The disease is definitely intentional and is specifically carried by the coins. Someone has manufactured this plague specifically modifying another more obscure malady... to even GREATER virulence! It is a refined form of Vorel's phage, in itself an unnatural disease that first came into being deep under Foxglove Manor, on Varisia's coast. Ishani... if you can inform the temple clerics of this and see if they can consult greater wisdom for dealing with it. The Disease is spread by contact... I need a few things please. I need a bowel of hot cleaning water, some cleaning rags, and towels. I need a set of fresh sleeping garments for 'Breeze', sheets for the bed and a thick burlap sack to dispose of all the old linen Breeze has touched. Please get them for me quickly. I must clean her sores put her in fresh clothing and bedding so that the rest of your family is not endangered by simply being in her presence... the old linen MUST be burned! Then I can give her what medicines I have... she is young and that should help. Please hurry time is fleeting!"

[ooc: Diagnose Disease, Ultimate Magic, p. 216]


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel having noted the amount of silvers, places 45 GOLD in the woman's hand.
We will do what we can for your daughter I promise. This willcompensate for the coffer and help with food and apprenticing the boys. Your priority will be keeping everyone healthy in this time.

He looks hard at the priest.
If a spell of remove disease is not beyond you, how much does your church charge for it?


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una asks for Varrel's pen and used scroll paper again so she can write down the information about the disease that Ashe had discovered.

"I'm assuming you used some divination for that information. Effective."

3,151 to 3,200 of 6,028 << first < prev | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne [IC] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.