Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Stephens Serpents Skull Campaign - Chp1:The Smugglers Shiv (Inactive)

Game Master terok

With the defeat of the dark Dryad and surviving many of the islands others challenges, the party is well on their way to becoming the Shiv's masters...only Ieana stands in their way...


651 to 700 of 3,325 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3
Niɱ wrote:

As the group readies to move again, Nim offers, We really cannot afford to be surprised again. We are in no shape to fight off another predator. I can send Wicewakan ahead a little each time we move to check for threats. And we should be ready to flee at a moment's notice. I can use my magic to delay any pursuers. Unless they can fly... he thinks to himself.

When everyone is ready to depart, he once again picks up Nora and then commands Wicewakan forward.

After they heal what they can, Anton pipes up at Nim's suggestion. "I'm much slower than Wicewakan, but also much sneakier. By the time he sees them, they'll have seen him too; let me scout like how I recently figured out how to do, and we just might be able to avoid everything in-between here and there."


Tragershen will produce the potions of cure moderate wounds and offer them out, but to no one in particular. He's not sure with all the blood who is hurt how badly. He does make eye contact with Nim and then lets his gaze drift to Wicewakan, implying he wouldn't object to one of them going to the noble beast.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Anton looks around at the survivors, his gaze straying reluctantly to their fallen comrade and lingering a moment before glancing away again from the pain. Then he looks at the three potions, and again at the survivors; with himself, the magus, the druid, and the wolf all clearly severely wounded, only a hair's-breadth from death themselves. He sighs.

"I'm sorry, Nim, but... as worthy a beast as Wicewakan is, as much as I love him for protecting me -- all of us -- he is still a beast. He can wait until tomorrow, if you keep him close. Take a cure moderate wounds yourself; since you're so sturdy, for you to look like the walking dead means you have more to heal than most. It's hard to tell between me and Corbius, whichever, one of the others for each of us."

Almost got my time zones mixed up. The "who's gonna scout" hasn't happened yet.


Just let me know the course you would like to head back. Assuming you are carrying Nora's body back to camp with you?


Corbius Jank wrote:

Corbius grins as the bats fall around him. Kicking one away from his feet he turns and follows the party quickly away from the pile of bats. I am glad that worked I wasn't sure it would

** spoiler omitted **

Upon returning to camp Corbius smiles at Tragershen. Color Spray. One of my personal favourites and great for those annoying groups. He says with a grin. Corbius pulls out and unwraps his spellbook and turns to the page of color spray and passes it to Tragershen. Feel free to copy it for yourself.

Corbrius:

He does give you the map. According to the map a cagey pirate captain named Lortch Quellig hid a chest full of treasure under the hilltop on the hex G21 on the bigger map.
The map indicates that to find the spot where the treasure is buried, one must to climb to the top of the hill and wait for sunrise. At dawn, one must simply walk to a point atop the hill where the sun seems to be rising directly between the two spike-shaped rocks protruding from the sea to the east. This is the correct place to begin digging, but what the map doesn’t indicate is the complexity and scope of the treasure pit.


Luckily, the way back to is clear of dangerous predators. You stumble into Aerys who helps to take Nora out of Nim, tired arms.

What happened to you all, and poor Nora., a tear comes to her eyes and she puts a tender hand to her face, She was of kind nature, she will be missed.

Jask seems particularly hard hit. Gelik looks over at two new arrivals, sitting near the fire who look up at you with some trepidation...from their general condition they also look like they have been shipwrecked or at least had a very bad time recently. Their faces are sunburned and peeling and they look a little sickly.

Aedalis & Mihai:

You have gotten the impression that the other castaways look up to these 5 as their saviors and pretty much their leaders. When they arrive they are covered with blood and look like they have been through hell....do you guys need any details on the castaways or have you read over some of their interactions with them?


HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5

Aedalis continues to greedily eat and drink the provided food, nodding gratefully at those who took him in and petting what appears to be a cat-sized lizard and feeding it chunks of food.

Its 3AM here so i'll include a description etc. in my next post tomorrow.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

To keep things moving along, and also pretty in-character..

FlexTime: Healing after the Muskies
Anton wavers, feeling awfully beat up, then finally decides that the bigger human probably needs the CMW more. "You go ahead and take that one Corbius, I'll take mine."

Cure light wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 HP 9/11


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Corbius shakes his head at the offer of a potion. You take it Anton. If you are scouting in front of us you should have it.

Corbius retrieves his precious rapier before the hasty retreat.

You beat me by 59 seconds:)


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Hahaha! It's too late, I already rolled!

Corbius' generous words are too late, coming as the hasty halfling is already gulping down the vial in his hands. Magic forms around his diminutive frame, wounds closing of their own accord. He sighs in relief, then stretches by arching his back and putting his arms up, elbows bent -- as if testing his wounds -- and relaxes. "Oh Desna's smile, that feels better."


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Corbius looks on as Anton consumes his potion realizing his words came to late.

Corbius takes the last potion offered to him and looks around the group. I will take this with me but I will only consume it if necessary as with Nora gone we may find we have need of it in the future. Hopefully, we can make it back to camp and Jask can fix me up.

With that Corbius stashes the potion in an easily accessible pocket tightens the bandages on his leg and prepares to move out.


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Mihai looks up from his tattered Harrow deck as the party enters the campsite. Noting the fresh blood and their condition his gaze passes back to the last card he drew from the deck The Beating. Restoring the cards to their wooden box he stands and moves to the party. "I am Mihai, and it is through the kindness of your fellows that I have found succor." gesturing to indicate the other castaways "I am indebted and would do what I can in return. Will you permit?" holding his hands wide and non-threateningly. His face is touched with genuine concern and kindness.

The man before you is not remarkable by build or face, having the sort of features that would easily be lost in a crowd by their plainness. His hair is brown and falls as a shock behind him and face is mostly covered by a full beard that has started to gradually become unruly. His garb is Varisian in cut, greens and blues though sorely pressed by what they have recently endured. At his neck in plain sight is a wooden sunburst, though it is not that of Sarenrae. He does have a certain tangible nature to his presence, and his eyes are inquisitive and bright.


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Upon first seeing the newcomers Corbius looks them over cautiously as the group enters camp unsure of their intentions.

Corbius nods to Mihai as he introduces himself and is at first unsure about his offer of help but hten the throbbing pain in his leg reminds him that he is no condition to be questioning an offer of assistance.Well met Mihai. My name is Corbius and I would be indebted to you if you could help me with the wound in my leg?

Corbius watches Mihai carefully still unsure of his true intentions.

DM:
Die roll for level 2 hit points. 1d8 ⇒ 5


It is okay Corbrius, he has some healing skills similar to me.

Assuming the castaways have had a chance to talk with the new arrivals and know a little about them....


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Corbius visibly relaxes at Jask's statement and even smiles at Mihai.

I will just be happy to not have my leg throb with every step I take. Makes for a long trek through the jungle.


HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5

An older man than the other newcomer Mihai sits beside him, watching the other castaways curiously. He has the look of a man who is well travelled, and is well into his 40's by the look of his graying air and scraggly beard. Grey scholar's robes, probably once quite fashionable and recently dried from his soggy arrival, are adorned over his lean figure of average height, with a travelling outfit worn underneath. Its quite clear that the older man is Taldan in descent and despite his rather messy attire he carries himself with a certain haughty dignity.

Hail, warriors. My name is Aedalis. I echo Mihai's words and thank you sincerely, gentlemen, ladies, for allowing us to prevail upon your hospitality. I'm afraid I don't have the healing skills of my companion but I shall endeavour to make myself useful in any capacity. Tilsini here... he says, gesturing to the three foot long, whip-tailed, bird-like lizard.

has strong eyes and will also do his part. It appears you've lost a companion. I am sorry for your loss. Is this a dangerous part of Sargava we have landed on? I am keen to return to Eleder...


The other castaways give each other a knowing glace, but say little to answer Aedalis' question....


Tragershen starts a little at the sight of the bird-like lizard. But realizing its bond to one of the newcomers, he doesn't act.

You don't look like degenerate cannibals, so I would wager we are all in the same straits now. Please, help as you can, and receive as you need. I am Tragershen.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Completely emotionally exhausted from the events of the day, Anton walks into his sanctuary to find strangers, and stops. At Aedalis's words, the grief-stricken halfling gives a barking laugh. "Dangerous?" He sobs and covers his eyes, waving his other hand at them. "I'm sorry, I just... I'll meet you later, I can't do this right now." He runs off into a familiar part of the jungle nearby, somewhere tranquil where he can compose his thoughts about his loss.


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Smiling widely Mihai shows no offence at the reticence to trust, instead moving forward and among the group. He moves to each of you in turn, gauging your hurt and inspecting your wounds though without touching. As he does so, his left hand occasionally move to the sunburst around his neck and you feel an intangible flow of warmth move over you and soothe your injuries. Under his breath Mihai is whispering words of supplication to the Walker.

Heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 to gauge their degree of hurt
3 x Channel 3d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 5) = 9 for healing; 3/6 remaining


Anton Green wrote:
Completely emotionally exhausted from the events of the day, Anton walks into his sanctuary to find strangers, and stops. At Aedalis's words, the grief-stricken halfling gives a barking laugh. "Dangerous?" He sobs and covers his eyes, waving his other hand at them. "I'm sorry, I just... I'll meet you later, I can't do this right now." He runs off into a familiar part of the jungle nearby, somewhere tranquil where he can compose his thoughts about his loss.

Anton:

After some time alone, you feel a hand on your shoulder, Aerys squeezes it and then sits down by your side on the log, You did well by me little man, so I will return the favor.
Nora was liked well by all of us. This damned island will be the death of us, unless you and your friends stay strong and help to get us through this and out of here. I don't know what happened...I probably don't want to know by the looks of it.
We all die at some point, the main thing is how we live the journey. We need you Anton....I need you. Stay strong for us.

She says little more other than wrapping her arm around your shoulder and allowing the silence to take hold of you both.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Anton rests in silence with Aerys, as his hearbeat slows, and his shoulders relax. He puts an arm around her waist and squeezes. "Thanks. I can do this. *We* can do this." He gives another squeeze and takes in a deep breath, then sighs. Hopping off the log, he strides back, head held high, unconcerned with the tear tracks down his cheeks.

"Alright! We have two shovels and time left to first starlight. Let's get going. Highest point with a clear view to the north star, we'll dig her grave there pointing that direction, and mount one of her starknives as a gravestone. Then I'll say what I need to, and tomorrow I'll introduce myself to you fine gentlemen. But not tonight."

Anton busies himself digging a grave for the best human he ever knew, working as hard as he can to get it done in time. As she's laid into the hole, he composes himself, tired and sweaty, and readies the words that he prepared in the jungle. As the first star's light begins to shine, the mournful halfling begins to speak.

"From the very first day, I knew that Nora was special. Like me, she was an optimist, and didn't bother to bring all of her stuff for just a day trip. She didn't even lose as much as I did -- poor Clopper -- " Anton chokes up for moment. "Let alone as much as the many here who lost all. But still, she was a priestess who we never saw in her vestments, who never wrote in a journal, and who didn't really seem used to sleeping without shelter -- and yet she never complained. In fact, she always did her best to keep everyone else's spirits up, even when she was the one suffering from one of this island's many plagues."

"When we first started out, I asked for a blessing. This is what she gave: 'Desna Starsong, we ask you to look with favour on us, as we tread where none of us have been. Let us see sights none have before, be they dangers we must face, or wonders we shall speak of at camp beneath your stars. Show us your mysteries that we may sing of them.'"

"When we were trying to decide whether to stay or go after Larissia died, not yet knowing that the Jenivere had sunk, she reminded us: 'All roads are perilous, and all head, one way or another, to the same place.'"

"And when we laid Larissia to rest, Nora had this to say: 'Though we now rest on these strange shores, we are where we have never been, but where Larissa led us. May Desna guide her on this, her greatest journey. She has left us, and we do well to remember her courage, and her vision, as we each face our own journeys. Our lives are made of meetings and partings, and this parting is one we all do well to mark. So we commend you, Larissa, to the beyond.'"

Anton bows his head, having difficulty continuing. "So we commend you, Nora, to the great beyond. May my symbol of our shared faith remind you of us, as yours reminds us of you." Anton tosses his wooden symbol of Desna in with her, while placing her iron one around his neck on an improvised cord of jungle vines. "Until our paths cross again."

Anton steps down from behind the starknife gravemarker. "If anyone else has words to say... now is the time."

When all are done speaking, he helps fill in the grave, and then goes directly to bed without a word to anyone.


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

All passings are painful. Mihai thought as Anton gave his eulogy, remaining respectfully quiet as he did not know she who had fallen.


HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5

Well met Tragershen. I trust we'll all become better acquainted later; right now I shall leave you and yours to your grief. Does anyone happen to have salvaged any parchment?

In contrast to Mihai, Aedalis does not attend the funeral, perhaps feeling it would be interpreted as scoring points with his liberators.


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Corbius stands stoically during Anton's eulogy saying nothing his hand clenched tightly around Asilande (Rapier).

When Anton finishes Corbiuis says plainly Nora I am sorry I failed to protect you when you needed it. Corbius bows his head his eyes tearing badly his expression one of mixed sorrow and anger.

Corbius goes and sits by himself for awhile and sharpens his rapier whispering under his breath. Asilande you continue to fail me. Why will you not awaken what do I need to do? Is it because I have failed to protect Larissa and now Nora.


Corbrius:

Suddenly the blade seems to respond, a massive jolt of lightning sizzling your hand, forcing you to drop the blade. A word sticks in your mind, a word half formed until you think on it...vengence!
When you look down at your hand to see if it is a blackened extremity, you see nothing...you are not sure what to think other than there is something in the sword...something that seems to be stirring.


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

After the funeral, Mihai moves back into the campsite sitting crosslegged near the crackling fire and drawing out his harrow cards. Eyes mostly closed he goes through the motions of a reading, barely seeming to notice the cards as he shuffles them and they are laid out in a celtic cross before him. He touches his holy symbol before looking at the spread. Brow furrowed in thought, he regards the cards as they lie before him.


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

As Corbius sits by the fire sharpening Asilande he lets out a yelp of pain and drops Asilande to the ground. His eyes glaze over for a moment and he seems focused on something far away.

As quickly as it happens he seems to be back shaking his head ever so slightly as he flexes his sword hand. He looks the hand over as if he is expecting something other then the undamaged limb before him.

After examining his hand closely he picks Asilande up with a slight hesitation before grasping the hilt and looks at the sword closely. At least we can agree on something.


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Nim:

At some point after returning to camp Corbius pulls Nim aside and passes the map over to him that Ishirou gave to him as well as the info on how to find the treasure.

Quote:


He does give you the map. According to the map a cagey pirate captain named Lortch Quellig hid a chest full of treasure under the hilltop on the hex G21 on the bigger map.
The map indicates that to find the spot where the treasure is buried, one must to climb to the top of the hill and wait for sunrise. At dawn, one must simply walk to a point atop the hill where the sun seems to be rising directly between the two spike-shaped rocks protruding from the sea to the east. This is the correct place to begin digging, but what the map doesn’t indicate is the complexity and scope of the treasure pit.

I think we will have to wait till we move our camp further south to look for this? I hope this helps you in planning our future expeditions in the jungle.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

17th of Lamashan

Anton gets up at the usual time for last watch. If the castaways have a similar schedule, then he joins whoever it is. Donning his breastplate, he waits in silence as the new day dawns, waking Tragershen and Corbius at the usual time so that they can study their books while well-rested. It would almost seem like any other day, if not for the iron symbol of Desna around his neck.

When the rest of the camp is awake and breaking its fast, Anton introduces himself to the two newcomers with a halfling fist bump. "Sorry about yesterday, just.. each thing in its time. I'm Anton, the scout. I'm here doing what I was hired to do, albeit without an employer or any way off this island. So how about you?" He gestures at both, and begins munching on whatever is available, not really paying attention to it.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Wow. Nothing all week and then bam! Weekend posting explosion! Let's see how long this post is... ;)

Flextime: Back in the jungle...

Nim listens to Anton shoot down his plan to have Wicewakan take up a forward position ahead of the the party. You will not hear an argument from me that you are the stealthiest, or the most perceptive, but I would counter that Wicewakan's sense of smell and his speed may be of equal boon to an advance scout. While I value Wicewakan as a valuable ally and faithful companion, it would be absurd of me to place a higher value upon his life than that of yourself Anton. His duty is to me and if that means he must risk his life for the good of our little "pack", then that is what he will be called upon to do. I do not intend to place him at risk merely as a convenience, or laziness or callousness, but to ensure the survival of some or all of us. That is why I wished to have him lead ahead. Not because you are not able, but that you are less expendable. He is as you said, "just a beast".

Wicewakan's ears perk up at the repeated use of his name and he stops licking his wounds long enough to cast a lingering glance at Nim before resuming his cleaning and care of his injuries. Nim throws his wolf a small tidbit of meat from his pack before continuing.

And besides, your stealthiness, may actually work against you sometimes when you are scouting. If you do actually fail to notice a threat, and they in turn fail to detect you, then we end up with something catching the rest of us unawares as before. At least with Wicewakan, he is more likely to "spring" any ambushes that lay in our path. It is his speed that will hopefully save him in those instances.

Having said his bit, Nim lets the issue drop.

I know it is largely irrelevant now, but Nim would have consumed the CMW to be safe...2d8 + 3 ⇒ (4, 5) + 3 = 12

Flextime: Return to camp...

As the group neared the camp and they encountered Aerys in the jungle, Nim reluctantly passed Nora's remains over to her. His arms did ache mightily from the long trek and he knew better than to rebuff the offer.

As they returned to meet the others, Nim was surprised to see two new faces amoung the castaways.

At Mihai's introduction, Nim offers his large calloused hand in greeting while replying, Greetings fellow... "traveler". Nim smiles and winks as he looks the man over, sizing him up in an obvious and exaggerated manner. My remaining wounds shouldn't bother me much after a good nights sleep, but... Directing his attention to his faithful wolf he adds, Poor Wicewakan on the other hand...

Upon receiving the healing energies of the newcomer, Nim bows in appreciation.

As Aedalis speaks up, Nim greets him as well, before raising an eyebrow at his question. Are you unaware as to where you are currently? Without waiting for a response, Nim asks, How exactly is it that the two of you have arrived here on... the Shiv?!

Flextime: The interment of Nora...

After having taken up the other shovel and assisting with the digging of Nora's grave, Nim sat cross-legged upon the ground and quietly hummed a song of passing and blessing as Anton eulogized. When the time came for the others to add their words, Nim simply stated, While your soul is most assuredly in the care of your deity, your remains are returned to whence it came. From this, new life shall spring and the cycle will continue... and that is joyous! before taking a handful of soil and placing it upon Nora's body.

Flextime: Around the campfire (and other)...

Nim watches silently as Mihai reads his harrow cards and shakes his head as Corbius once again speaks to his sword. Are you winning or losing the battle of wits my friend? Nim asks with a smile and a nod at the rapier.

Corbius:
Nim takes the offered map and looks it over. Agreed. This will have to wait for a more opportune time to investigate. He slips the map into his pack. Best not mention this to anyone else for the time being.

In response to Aedalis' query, Nim offers, While I do not have any parchment, I am sure one of the others might possess some.

As the fire died down, Nim made sure to seek out Sasha and catch up on the events in camp while they were gone, see how her malady was progressing and to make plans to continue his training sessions with her.

17th of Lamashan
As is his custom, Nim was up before daybreak, meditating and preparing his mind for the day ahead, spell selection updated finishing just as the first light broke over the horizon.

He then joined the others for a bit to eat and to discuss the plans for the day ahead...

As has been mentioned in the OOC, we have leveled up. New XP total is 2065.

Also, DM Stephen, can I get a map coordinate for the ruins... and confirmation on whether we completed our intended route(s) or which ones we did and what alterations I need to make to our exploration progress map.

Reposted for your convenience :)

Our intended route was green leg first (the 15th), then yellow (the 16th) then the red leg. Depending on the answer to my above question, and by my estimation, we would likely have not been able to return to the base camp the same day we fought the zombies (the 16th). This pushes the date to the 18th, after spending one additional night in the jungle and trekking back to camp (on the 17th). :)


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Anton finds Mihai after his morning commune with the Walker, carried out with harrow deck in hand and spreads laid with cards face down - picked up before they are even turned over to see the faces.

Mihai finds the fist bump quaint, having not encountered it during his travels thus far and replies "Well met good sir, and no apologies are necessary. We were travelling separately and bound for Eleder before fate intervened and rent our vessel asunder. We washed ashore and then after stumbling were rescued by your compatriots." gesturing to the other castaways and preferring to keep the vision of the ghostly captain to himself for now.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Flextime: Back in the jungle...

Niɱ wrote:

Flextime: Back in the jungle...

Nim listens to Anton shoot down his plan to have Wicewakan take up a forward position ahead of the the party. You will not hear an argument from me that you are the stealthiest, or the most perceptive, but I would counter that Wicewakan's sense of smell and his speed may be of equal boon to an advance scout. While I value Wicewakan as a valuable ally and faithful companion, it would be absurd of me to place a higher value upon his life than that of yourself Anton. His duty is to me and if that means he must risk his life for the good of our little "pack", then that is what he will be called upon to do. I do not intend to place him at risk merely as a convenience, or laziness or callousness, but to ensure the survival of some or all of us. That is why I wished to have him lead ahead. Not because you are not able, but that you are less expendable. He is as you said, "just a beast".

Wicewakan's ears perk up at the repeated use of his name and he stops licking his wounds long enough to cast a lingering glance at Nim before resuming his cleaning and care of his injuries. Nim throws his wolf a small tidbit of meat from his pack before continuing.

And besides, your stealthiness, may actually work against you sometimes when you are scouting. If you do actually fail to notice a threat, and they in turn fail to detect you, then we end up with something catching the rest of us unawares as before. At least with Wicewakan, he is more likely to "spring" any ambushes that lay in our path. It is his speed that will hopefully save him in those instances.

Having said his bit, Nim lets the issue drop.

Anton listens carefully to Nim's words, the practical halfling ready as always to reverse himself and go with what promotes their survival the best.

"I.. misunderstood. That all makes sense -- though of course I hope he is not called to make the ultimate sacrifice, as he is one beast that I have grown very fond of." Anton smiles at Wicewakan closed-mouthed, and dips his head playfully, before tossing him some meat too.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Current Day (17th or 18th or whatev)

After breakfast, Anton finds a convenient moment to have a private aside with Nim. "This might sound a bit strange.. but since you've offered to make weapons for the castaways, could you make Gelik a small club? But not just any club. I'm picturing a kind of bas relief carving of a cobra like what killed Larissia, twining its way around the haft, with its hooded maw peering over the top. It doesn't have to be fancy. It's just.. I need my dagger back. And I think he'll be heartened, using a symbol of the jungle against it.. Does that makes sense?"

I'm picturing DC 15, like a high-quality item. For awhile now, I've been planning to to try to make it once we got back to camp; but then Nim practicing his craft reminded Anton that someone else actually knows what he's doing.


The ruins were in 9E. I assume you headed back the most direct route via 8.5F,8G,7G,6.5H,I6,5.5J,K5.

Nim:

As far as I can tell you only have one day of training in with her? You will have to indicate the days when you train, since so far you haven't broken out any time during the regular hours of the day.

No one has any parchment laying around, unless Tragershen has some?

The evening is quiet, Gelik does his best to cheer some folks up but the camp mood is somber and he eventually give up. You make room for the new arrivals, although Ishirou seems to not be happy about more mouths to fee.

Mihai, let me know when you activate your harrow ability, otherwise I will assume you are not using it.

DM Only:

Encounter Dawn 1d100 ⇒ 46
Encounter noon 1d100 ⇒ 61
Encounter Dusk 1d100 ⇒ 92
Encounter Midnight 1d100 ⇒ 50
Disease Nim 1d100 ⇒ 76
Disease Anton 1d100 ⇒ 36
Disease Mihai 1d100 ⇒ 10
Disease Tragershen 1d100 ⇒ 46
Disease Corbrius 1d100 ⇒ 39
Disease Aedalis 1d100 ⇒ 56
Disease Aerys 1d100 ⇒ 83
Disease Gelik 1d100 ⇒ 72
Disease Ishirou 1d100 ⇒ 64
Disease Jask 1d100 ⇒ 43
Disease Sasha 1d100 ⇒ 88

Do you want to work the newbie's into the watch rotation? If so can you post up the new watch order?
What are the plans for the new day?


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

DM Stephen:
Most definitely will advise when Mihai's harrowing is anything more than just flavor text. He sees it as a partial divine focus (fluff only) - and the lay of the cards intertwining the effect of fate (the predetermined nature of the deck) and active choice (by choosing to draw and look).
The face down / no-look cards in the morning is basically his way of channeling Sinashakti to deny fate through divine intervention (ie spells)...

Mihai will fall in with the others as to whatever their plans are


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

UPDATED EXPLORATION MAP

Nim responds to Anton's request, Of course. I will see what I can do. As for getting your dagger back... I believe that Nora possessed a dagger or two no? Perhaps Gelik or yourself could use one of those in the meantime?

DM:
I have Nim training for 3 days so far. On the 10th, 11th and the 14th.(Con checks passed in spoilers to train after spending the day exploring) I will add a counter to Nim's char page.

Nim lays his crude map down for all to see, and jabs a finger at the mark representing the ruins. Do we wish to return immediately and deal with the yellow musk creeper? Or do we wish to explore the area to the north of the ruins first? It will take us a day and a half to explore that much territory, having us arriving back at the ruins the afternoon of the day after tomorrow. What does everyone say?

While he waits for the group's input, Nim looks to the newcomers, trying to ascertain their willingness to accompany them. The jungle is fraught with danger and we face an even greater threat in the ruins. With the loss of Nora, we could use the assistance... what say you two?


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Mihai smiles when Nim asks the question "I can speak only for myself, but if I am to eat your food and share your camp - it is only fair that I help in any way I can. I will be glad to follow you, if you accept my feet falling in your shadow."


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3
Niɱ wrote:

UPDATED EXPLORATION MAP

Nim responds to Anton's request, Of course. I will see what I can do. As for getting your dagger back... I believe that Nora possessed a dagger or two no? Perhaps Gelik or yourself could use one of those in the meantime?

Anton ponders, then his eyes brighten. "Why, that's a *great* idea! I was thinking of Nora's daggers as being too big for me to use -- but no, they're big enough that I could use one two-handed, and do a *lot* more damage! Never mind, Gelik can keep mine for all I care." He waves a hand like brushing a spiderweb aside.

Niɱ wrote:
Nim lays his crude map down for all to see, and jabs a finger at the mark representing the ruins. Do we wish to return immediately and deal with the yellow musk creeper? Or do we wish to explore the area to the north of the ruins first? It will take us a day and a half to explore that much territory, having us arriving back at the ruins the afternoon of the day after tomorrow. What does everyone say?

"I'm for hitting the creeper before it has a chance to make more zombies, if possible."


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Nim smiles at Mihai. Excellent. I am surely not the leader here... so we shall walk in each others shadow from time to time if that is ok with you?

Nim looks to the other newcomer for a response, as well as Corb and Tragershen, while nodding in agreement with Anton's logic.


When Aedalis asks, Tragershen does volunteer that he has supplies. Here, will this help? He pulls out a waterproof bag from his backpack, and then removes three scroll cases from that. He passes the scroll cases over to you.

One holds a vial of ink and two inkpens. The other two each have five sheets of parchment in them.

Regarding the discussion on the creeper, Tragershen says Yes, I think we should definitely deal with it, and the sooner the better.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Once they come to a decision about what to do next.. "Before we go anywhere, we need to decide what to do with Nora's things. It's hard, so soon.. but I think that she would want for us to be practical, as we were after Larissia's passing."

"I would like to use the backpack that she inherited from Larissia, since -- well -- I'm not that big, and I can't carry much otherwise. Unless there's someone who needs it even more? I could also make good use of one of her daggers, as well as her map of the Mwangi Expanse; you know how much I like maps." He pats his belt pouch.

"Aside from that, Jask is unarmored through no fault of his own, and could use Nora's chainmail with some alteration; or if someone would like to trade up and hand down, that would be fair too. She also had two other daggers that I'm sure someone could put to good use. The other starknife.. well, we might just start a store of items to sell later."

While still at camp, Anton studiously avoids mentioning the coins and scrolls that Nora had been holding for the group -- let alone the ruby that he'd retrieved from the boot where she'd put it, that no one else seemed to remember the location of. The rest of her stuff he didn't really care about, as long as it went to someone who'd use it.

"We have plenty of compasses and chalk.. Who wants soap?"


Nim:

After a passionite night re-united, Sasha seems more uncertain than you have seen her in the past, Every time you leave I think this may be the last time I will see you. The jungle is a death trap. I don't see how you so look forward to going out each morning.
The rest of us see it as some beast, waiting to eat us...keep youself safe Nim, remember the rest of us are counting on you to get us off this island!

That morning...Is there anything we can try to craft while you are out looking around the jungle? I was just thinking we might be able to be more helpful. Let us know.
It is fairly obvious to the 2 newcomers that Nim and Sasha are more than just castaways together...

You guys can retcon any feedback to her.


You head out into the jungle with Anton scouting ahead and Nim in the lead. The two newcomers find the jungle as a noisy place, although a slight trail that the group as cut into the jungle makes your journey east a little easier.
You warn the group and Mihai and Aedalis that you will probably NOT be returning again that night since the ruin will take some time to get to.

You spend the morning making your way southeast until you break for lunch and the inevitable showers that pound you.
Please confirm your route to the ruins.

Anton is able to warn you a couple of times of various dangers and you skirt around them until you get within sight of the ruins again. It is late afternoon and all is still just around the ruin. It is obvious by now due to the lack of background noise in this area that something unnatural is going on. You see no sign of the two plant zombies or the lizard plant zombie that you fought earlier...early evening shadows cast around the building...the area in front of this old stone building is very light with vegetation, making this area eay terrain to travel.
Now that you reflect on it, most of it looks like its dead or been trampled on. The building itself is covered with vines and moss making it very difficult to pick out from the surrounding jungle.

Okay as a warning I don't have maptools on my work PC so maps won't generally be updated during the day EST USA. You can look at the earlier battle map link I posted here: Battle for the Ruins Rnd 9 for a general map. Just let me know how you want to proceed and I can get the full map up tonight.


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Before departing the camp, Mihai gathers those that will be venturing forth for a short prayer. "May the Walker guide our feet and the fates conspire to twist our path away from shadow and evil. Our journey may be long, and may be perilous... but we walk with head unbowed and will face whatever comes shoulder to shoulder with eyes shining bright. May the light carry us far today" before clasping each person in a forearm to forearm handshake whilst clasping them on the shoulder with his other hand. He then touches his right hand to holy symbol around his neck and pats his jerkin pocket where his precious harrow deck is stowed.

Initiating Caravan Bond with the party.

As they walk the trail Mihai is quiet, though never forlorn. Despite the trials and tribulations of the jungle, he is happy to merely be on the move. When the ruins are reached, he remains respectfully quiet awaiting guidance on what is to come.


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Corbius nods in agreement with the suggestion of returning to the ruins.

I think this yellow musk creeper poses an immediate threat to our groups safety in the area. We should eliminate it as soon as possible.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Flextime: back at camp

Whatever you decide to do with Nora's belongings in fine with me Anton.

Sasha:
Nim does his best to assuage Sasha's fears and to assure her that he will return to her. He also gently corrects her attitude about the nature of the jungle and its inhabitants... trying his best to explain what he sees when he goes out; A glorious place of life, not just one of danger and death. He also points out that the trips are necessary if they are to find a way off the island, and promises to keep himself and the others as safe as possible.

Nim passes along Anton's request for a club for Gelik to Sasha when she asks. And perhaps a few spears would be a good idea. I can leave you my tools if you wish?

Current timeline:

Nim directs the group back to the ruins along what is becoming very familiar terrain. He makes sure to share what he knows about the yellow musk creeper and it's zombie creations with the newcomers during the trek.

Upon reaching the ruins, Nim crouches down in the treeline and observes the area. Does it look significantly different from a few days ago? Meaning the vegetation being dead?

In a whispered voice Nim offers to summon an animal into the doorway of the ruins to suss out any hidden foes. It won't last long, but it might give us an idea of what we are facing before we rush into trouble. Is everyone ready? And remember to use slashing attacks against them! Nim waits for agreement with the plan... and any other preparations are made, before casting Summon Nature's Ally (giant centipede)

Route to ruins (7.5 hours travel time)


HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5

What is this place? Aedalis asks, slowly taking in the scene before him. You said we're on Smugglers Shiv... So escape is unlikely. Do you seek to carve out a home here? I have a blessing I would like to bestow upon you Corbius, if you would indulge me. A magical blessing, of protection.


To Anton: May I take one of her daggers? It would give me an option against these creeper minions.

Aedalis: If you use up any of the parchment Tragershen offers, let me know so I can mark it off.

DM: I updated Tragershen's memorized spells for the assault of the creeper.


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Corbius has his dagger at the ready as they near the ruins knowing that his precious rapier was next to useless last time against these creatures.

Corbius looks at Aedalis remembering the savaging his leg took last time they were here then nods his head. Thank you Aedalis

Corbius watches as Nim casts his spell and mentally prepares for the battle ahead.

DM Updated my memorized spells for the day

651 to 700 of 3,325 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Stephens Serpents Skull Campaign PBP Chapter 1: Smugglers Shiv All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.