About Xiao Katsu
Oracle 1 (Dual Cursed), Bard 5 (Duettist, Sound Striker)
Male NG Halfling
Bot me in combat:
-- STATS --
* Level 4 increase, Headband +2
-- COMBAT --
Initiative +3: +3 dexterity
Longspear: +1 (1d6-3; 20/×3) (To hit: BAB +3, Size +1, Str -3 / Damage: Str -3
Light Crossbow +7 (1d6, 19-20/x2) To hit: BAB +3, Dex +3, Size +1
AC 19, FF 16, T 14 (Size +1, +5 [Chain Shirt], +1 [Buckler], +3 Dex)
CMD 12 (BAB +3, Size -1, -3 Str, +3 Dex)
-- SAVES --
Fortitude: +9 (Con +1, Bard +1, Oracle +0, Racial ‘Halfling Luck’ +1, Familiar +2, Cloak of Resistance +2, Lucky Horseshoe +2 luck bonus with ‘Fate’s Favored’ trait)
Reflex: +14 (Dex +3, Bard +4, Oracle +0, Racial ‘Halfling Luck’ +1, Racial ‘Evasive Nomad’ +2, Cloak of Resistance +2, Lucky Horseshoe +2 luck bonus with ‘Fate’s Favored’ trait)
Will: +11 / +9 vs. fear (Wis +0, Bard +4, Oracle +2, Racial ‘Halfling Luck’ +1, Cloak of Resistance +2, Lucky Horseshoe +2 luck bonus with ‘Fate’s Favored’ trait)
-- SKILLS --
1 level Oracle x 4 Skill Points = 4 Oracle
TOTAL - 34 Skill Points
-- LANGUAGES --
Racial: Tien, Halfling
-- TEMPORARY GEAR --
-- GEAR --
Earplugs, 0 lbs. (in bag of holding)
–– XP / PRESTIGE POINTS / FAME ––
–– RETRAINING / PP Expenditure ––:
• On 2nd Level: Retrained 3 Hit Points each costing 3 days / 3 PP / 60 gp (=3 days * 2 Lvl * 10gp) -> Total cost for retraining 3 Hit Points: 9 PP and 180 gp.
• On 3rd Level: Retrained 1 Hit Points each costing 3 days / 3 PP / 90 gp (=3 days * 3 Lvl * 10gp)
• On 4th Level: Retrained 2 Hit Points each costing 3 days / 3 PP / 120 gp (=3 days * 4 Lvl * 10gp) -> Total cost for retraining 2 Hit Points: 6 PP and 240 gp.
• On 5th Level: Retrained 2 Hit Points each costing 3 days / 3 PP / 150 gp (=3 days * 5 Lvl * 10gp) -> Total cost for retraining 2 Hit Points: 6 PP and 300 gp.
• On 5th Level: Spent 1 pp to use the time Infernal Incantation from chronicle sheet of #3-06 to learn infernal as a language.
–– GOLD ––
[spoiler–– HIT POINTS ––]
TOTAL: 51 Hit Points
–– BARD SPELLS KNOWN ––
–– BARD SPELLS PER DAY ––
–– BARDIC PERFORMANCE ––
–– ORACLE SPELLS KNOWN ––
–– ORACLE SPELLS PER DAY ––
-- FEATS --
-- TRAITS --
-- CLASS ABILITIES --
* CLASS ABILITIES - BARD 5 - Duettist & Sound Striker Archetypes *
• Familiar (Ex): At 1st level, a duettist gains a familiar, treating his bard level as his effective wizard level for the purpose of this ability. This ability replaces bardic knowledge.
• Bardic Performance: A bard is trained to use the Perform skill to create magical effects on those around him, including himself if desired. He can use this ability for a number of rounds per day equal to 4 + his Charisma modifier. At each level after 1st a bard can use bardic performance for 2 additional rounds per day. Each round, the bard can produce any one of the types of bardic performance that he has mastered, as indicated by his level. Starting a bardic performance is a standard action, but it can be maintained each round as a free action. Changing a bardic performance from one effect to another requires the bard to stop the previous performance and start a new one as a standard action. A bardic performance cannot be disrupted, but it ends immediately if the bard is killed, paralyzed, stunned, knocked unconscious, or otherwise prevented from taking a free action to maintain it each round. A bard cannot have more than one bardic performance in effect at one time. At 7th level, a bard can start a bardic performance as a move action instead of a standard action. Each bardic performance has audible components, visual components, or both. If a bardic performance has audible components, the targets must be able to hear the bard for the performance to have any effect, and such performances are language dependent. A deaf bard has a 20% chance to fail when attempting to use a bardic performance with an audible component. If he fails this check, the attempt still counts against his daily limit. Deaf creatures are immune to bardic performances with audible components. If a bardic performance has a visual component, the targets must have line of sight to the bard for the performance to have any effect. A blind bard has a 50% chance to fail when attempting to use a bardic performance with a visual component. If he fails this check, the attempt still counts against his daily limit. Blind creatures are immune to bardic performances with visual components.
- Wordstrike (Su): At 3rd level, the sound striker bard can spend 1 round of bardic performance as a standard action to direct a burst of sonically charged words at a creature or object. This performance deals 1d4 points of damage plus the bard’s level to an object, or half this damage to a living creature. This performance replaces inspire competence.
- Weird Words (Su): At 6th level the bard can start a performance that is always a standard action to speak up to one word per 4 bard levels laden with sonic energy. Each word deals 4d6 points of sonic damage as a ranged touch attack with a range of 30 feet. The bard adds his charisma modifier on damage rolls with weird words. Multiple words that strike the same target stack into a single powerful attack, applying energy resistance and bonuses on damage rolls only once. The bard can target all words at the same or different targets, but he unleashes all words simultaneously. Each word costs 1 round of bardic performance. This performance replaces suggestion.
- Inspire Greatness (Su): A bard of 9th level or higher can use his performance to inspire greatness in himself or a single willing ally within 30 feet, granting extra fighting capability. For every three levels the bard attains beyond 9th, he can target an additional ally while using this performance (up to a maximum of four targets at 18th level). To inspire greatness, all of the targets must be able to see and hear the bard. A creature inspired with greatness gains 2 bonus Hit Dice (d10s), the commensurate number of temporary hit points (apply the target's Constitution modifier, if any, to these bonus Hit Dice), a +2 competence bonus on attack rolls, and a +1 competence bonus on Fortitude saves. The bonus Hit Dice count as regular Hit Dice for determining the effect of spells that are Hit Dice dependent. Inspire greatness is a mind-affecting ability and it relies on audible and visual components.
• Versatile Performance (Ex): At 2nd level, a bard can choose one type of Perform skill. He can use his bonus in that skill in place of his bonus in associated skills. When substituting in this way, the bard uses his total Perform skill bonus, including class skill bonus, in place of its associated skill's bonus, whether or not he has ranks in that skill or if it is a class skill. At 6th level, and every 4 levels thereafter, the bard can select an additional type of Perform to substitute. Chosen: Oratory (Diplomacy, Sense Motive)
• Performing Familiar (Su): At 4th level, a duettist’s familiar learns how to create supernatural effects with its performances, just like its master. The familiar can use any of its master’s bardic performances, but only the familiar or the duettist can have a performance active at any given time, not both. If one is performing and the other starts a performance, the previous performance immediately ends. Each round that the familiar performs consumes 2 rounds of the duettist’s bardic performance. This ability replaces lore master.
• Harmonizing Familiar (Su): At 8th level, the duettist and his familiar have learned how to perform together in harmony. When a duettist and his familiar perform the same bardic performance simultaneously, its effects are enhanced. If the performance has a DC, the DC increases by 2. If the performance provides a competence bonus, the competence bonus increases by 1. Because both the duettist and the familiar are performing, each round performed consumes 3 rounds of bardic performance. This ability replaces dirge of doom.
• Symphonic Familiar (Su): At 14th level, the duettist and his familiar have learned how to create a symphony of complementary performances that meld together to produce two different effects. They can each perform a different bardic performance simultaneously, and each has its full effect. Because both the duettist and the familiar are performing, each round performed consumes 3 rounds of bardic performance. This ability replaces frightening tune.
-- HALFLING RACIAL TRAITS --
–– FAMILIAR ––
Figment Archetype: Figments are born from their masters’ imaginations rather than being ordinary creatures that are awakened.
- Recurring Dream (Su): A figment has a total number of hit points equal to 1/4 of its master’s total hit points. If the figment dies, it vanishes, appearing again with 1 hit point after its master awakens from a full night’s sleep. If a figment ever strays more than 100 feet from its master or enters an antimagic field, or if a figment’s master is unconscious or asleep, the figment disappears until the next time its master prepares spells or regains her spells per day. Because it is a being of its master’s mind, a figment can never serve as a witch’s familiar, a shaman’s spirit animal, or any other spell-granting familiar, and it can’t use any divination spells or spell-like abilities the base creature has.This replaces improved evasion.
- Empathic Link (Su): The master has an empathic link with his familiar to a 1 mile distance. The master can communicate empathically with the familiar, but cannot see through its eyes. Because of the link's limited nature, only general emotions can be shared. The master has the same connection to an item or place that his familiar does.
--Further Familiar Stats --:
- Alertness (Ex): While a familiar is within arm’s reach, the master gains the Alertness feat.
- Manifest Dreams (Su): At 3rd level, a figment is shaped by its master’s dreams. Each time the master awakens from a full night’s rest, he can apply to the figment 1 evolution point’s worth of eidolon evolutions that don’t have a base form requirement. At 7th level, he can apply 2 points’ worth of eidolon evolutions; at 13th level, he can apply 3 points’ worth of eidolon evolutions.This replaces deliver touch spells, speak with animals of its kind, and scry on familiar.
- Speak with Master (Ex): If the master is 5th level or higher, a familiar and the master can communicate verbally as if they were using a common language. Other creatures do not understand the communication without magical help.
Item: Bloodstone Collar, 1/3 used
Skills / Xiao skills incl. versatile performance
Fly +5 (Familiar Rank 1, Class +3, Dex +1)
Acrobatics +5 (Xiao Rank 1, Familiar Class +3, Dex +1)
Description: These large bats are herbivorous and lack the echolocation abilities of their smaller kin, but are resistant to disease.
(Dismissed protector archetype familiar on Bard level 2 and paid 400 gp and replaced familiar with figment archetype familiar)
Using MISFORTUNE and SAVING FINALE:
Hello team, I need to inform you all about mechanical stuff related to Xiao that affects all of you!
MISFORTUNE revelation - REROLLING ANY d20 ROLL BEFORE KNOWING THE RESULT
Misfortune (Ex): At 1st level, as an immediate action, you can force a creature within 30 feet to reroll any one d20 roll that it has just made before the results of the roll are revealed. The creature must take the result of the reroll, even if it’s worse than the original roll. Once a creature has suffered from your misfortune, it cannot be the target of this revelation again for 1 day.
The trickiest thing for everyone to keep track of in a PbP format is his Misfortune revelation. Basically, he can require anyone (including allies) to reroll a d20 once/day.
This means that
To my fellow players: In a PbP format, I will use this ability but if you want to you each can decide for yourselves if you want to use the ability and just be sure that someone else hasn't already used my immediate action previously that round.
To the GM: With regard to foes, I'll use the ability but if you see a crit against a player or important saving throw against a foe, then you can also bot the misfortune using the following priorities:
SAVING FINALE - REROLLING A FAILED SAVING THROWS
To fellow players: Saving Finale is a spell I can only use when I have a performance active but if you have already used Misfortune on yourself and fail a saving throw then this could help.
I hope this was understandable! :-)
Thanks to GM Abraham from whom I copied major portions of the text above as he is also using Misfortune with one of his characters.