Male Halfling Paladin of Chaldira (Virtuous Bravo)
Init +6; Senses Perception -1
Height 2'11'' Weight 29 lbs
-------------------- AC 18, touch 15, flat-footed 14 (+4 Dex, +3 studded leather, +1 size)
HP 12 (10 + 2*1 Con)
Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +2
[+2 base, +2 Con, +1 halfling, +1 trait] [+0 base, +4 Dex, +1 halfling] [+2 base, -1 Wis, +1 halfling]
-------------------- Speed 30 ft.
Melee +1 BAB, +4 Dex, +1 focus
- Rapier +6 (1d4) [Piercing, 18-20/x2]
- Short Sword +5 (1d4) [Piercing, 19-20/x2]
- Halfling Sling-Staff +5 (1d6) [Bludgeoning, x2]
- - Bullets: 50
-------------------- Str 10, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 16
Base Atk +1; CMB +1; CMD 15
Favored Class Bonus +1/2 hit points recovered when laying on hands
- Weapon Focus (rapier) (+1 to hit with a rapier)
- Run (move at 5x speed when running, doesn't lose Dex to AC when running)
- Lessons of Chaldira (1/day reroll a saving throw)
- Rostlander (+1 to Fortitude saves)
Skills(ranks) 2 + 2 BG ranks/level
- Diplomacy +7 (1 rank, +3 Cha, +3 class)
- Sense Motive +3 (1 rank, -1 Wis, +3 class)
- Profession (tailor) +3 (1 rank, -1 Wis, +3 class)
- Sleight of Hand +5 (1 rank, +4 Dex)
Armor Check Penalty -1
Languages Common, Halfling
- Fey-Quickened (Run as a bonus feat, +2 to initiative)
- Fleet of Foot (30 ft. base speed)
- Halfling Luck (+1 to all saves)
- Weapon Familiarity (proficient with all slings and halfling racial weapons)
- Aura of Good
- Detect Evil
- Smite Evil 1/day (+Cha (3) to hit, +level (1) to damage)
Magic Items --
Mundane Items Weapon, armor, Pathfinder's Kit (a backpack, a bedroll, a belt pouch, a clay mug, a dagger, two fishhooks, a flint and steel, a sewing needle, a signal whistle, 50 feet of string, 50 feet of thread, a waterskin, a week’s worth of trail rations, and a whetstone)
Usable Items --
Money 87.5 gp
Fleet of foot and quick to laughter, Wilster was third of five children to a halfling family living on the Sellen River, in a small village called Windale. Descendant of escaped Chelish slaves who had sought the Fifth River Freedom, the Maddas were a vital part of the farming community despite having no land themselves: his parents tended to the local inn, and among his siblings there were a barber, a potter and a couple of couriers. Wildras himself was a tailor, his quick fingers working cloth for farmers, clergymen and stewards alike.
- I will not hesitate to fight against those who oppress or attack the innocent.
The first inkling of his destiny manifested on a windy autumn day. Wilster went home from work to find that the inn was occupied by a band of drunkard mercenaries, who were pillaging the supplies and harassing his parents. Before thinking, he had rushed forward on a blind, reckless charge aimed at the leader, wielding a long, strong leather needle from his tailor's tools. Through a titanic stroke of luck, his tiny iron found a vulnerable and painful spot, and the leader was knocked down before he could realize what hit him. At the sight of a pipsqueak with a messenger back dispatching the mercenary boss, his family rose up and the occupants lost their nerve, beating a quick retreat.
- I will acknowledge whenever I, or others, have benefitted from a lucky turn of events and praise the fortune that Chaldira bestows.
Incredulous at the turn of events, Wilster found himself drawn to the smiling goddess of his people, Chaldira Zuzaristan. The more he thought about his lucky strike, the more he thought it a sign, a momentary assistance for a dangerous and selfless action. Faith grew in him, and within three years he had devoted himself to the Calamitous Turn's service, as a newly minted paladin.
- It is my sacred duty to learn and explore.
The only problem was that, despite his calling, there wasn't much in the line of vanquishing threats in his home town. He kept his old tailoring job for a while, but when he found out about the charter seeking adventurers to build a kingdom in the Stolen Lands, he knew that it was his calling. It was a pained decision, and he didn't leave before making sure that the local militia would keep his family safe, but on a sunny morning he gathered his belongings and headed to Restov.
Picture (but with red hair, a more colourful cloak and a rapier instead of a dagger)
Red-headed and sleek even by halfling standards, Wilster has long sideburns joining to a chinstrap beard. His eyes are a warm and light brown, and his skin is pale from working in candlelight.
He enjoys wearing bright, cheerful colours, embracing the traditional halfling cheeriness instead of their unassuming looks, and he likes to sew his own clothes.
Chaldira is a smiling deity, and Wilster took after this aspect of her. He tries to have a nice word for everyone, to cheer up the morose and comfort the suffering. As with many Rostlanders, however, he's quick to irritation, and he can't stand any sort of bullying or prevarication.
Exploration is his immediate goal, as well as (for me) dealing with all the Paladin Code-related issues, which in my experience makes for good roleplaying opportunities.
A more long-term goal is to create a significant halfling community to aid and welcome escaping slaves. He could also ask his family to move there.
- Domnard Maddas (Windale): Wilster's father, an innkeeper and brewer. An aging, stout grey-haired halfling, his mother ran away from Cheliax while pregnant with him. The recipe of his chestnut ale is a closely guarded secret.
- Milcent Silliver (New Stetven): A young halfling cleric of Chaldira, she is the one who taught Wilster about the ways of the Calamitous Turn, and initiated him as a paladin. She once managed to steal all of Wilster's coat buttons, one by one, over the course of a single day despite his best effort to catch her.
- Arno Marond (Restov, probably): The mercenary leader who was knocked out by Wilster has not forgotten the red-haired halfling who humiliated him. A long contract prevented him from seeking revenge immediately, but he is intent on taking it, one day or the other.