GAMEDAY #8-25: Unleashing the Untouchable - GM Nowruz (Inactive)

Game Master noral

Maps and handouts


451 to 488 of 488 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Half-elf HP 130/130 (172 for troll) AC33(40 for troll) Touch 13 Flat 31; F+17 R+11 W+18(+2 ench,+4 fey) INIT+4 Perc+21 CMB+16 CMD+30 Lion Shaman 13/Samurai 1, {see in posts} Shape changed 1/5 Beads 0/3, Rerolls 0/3

Fendahl grunts something unintelligible and slashes Vector with his katana.

Same buffs, Freedom of Movement, Elemental Might, giant form/huge, good hope, grand destiny, naturalist, prayer etc

#1 Fendahl +3 keen katana: 1d20 + 19 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 19 + 12 = 39
for huge dmg: 3d6 + 19 ⇒ (1, 6, 6) + 19 = 32

#2 Fendahl +3 keen katana: 1d20 + 19 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 19 + 7 = 46
for huge dmg: 3d6 + 19 ⇒ (1, 1, 5) + 19 = 26

BoF Fendahl +3 keen katana: 1d20 + 19 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 19 + 12 = 44
for huge dmg: 3d6 + 19 ⇒ (5, 2, 4) + 19 = 30

confirm #2 Fendahl +3 keen katana: 1d20 + 19 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 19 + 7 = 27
for huge dmg: 3d6 + 19 ⇒ (6, 1, 3) + 19 = 29

reroll destiny/confirm #2 Fendahl +3 keen katana: 1d20 + 19 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 19 + 7 = 31
for huge dmg: 3d6 + 19 ⇒ (2, 4, 4) + 19 = 29

Grand Lodge

Male Half-elf HP 130/130 (172 for troll) AC33(40 for troll) Touch 13 Flat 31; F+17 R+11 W+18(+2 ench,+4 fey) INIT+4 Perc+21 CMB+16 CMD+30 Lion Shaman 13/Samurai 1, {see in posts} Shape changed 1/5 Beads 0/3, Rerolls 0/3

Rajah continues to lash out at the multilegged Vector.

Rajah +1 bite, hope, atavism, bof, elemental, naturalist, greatness: 1d20 + 17 + 2 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 17 + 2 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 3 + 2 = 49 grab
dmg: 1d8 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26

Rajah +1 claw, hope, atavism, bof, elemental, naturalist, greatness: 1d20 + 17 + 2 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 17 + 2 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 3 + 2 = 41
dmg: 1d8 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26

Rajah +1 claw, hope, atavism, bof, elemental, naturalist, greatness: 1d20 + 17 + 2 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 17 + 2 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 3 + 2 = 36
dmg: 1d8 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22

Silver Crusade

Paladin 4 / Oracle 8 AC 27 {T:13/FF:27} HP 116/116 Init+0, Perception +2 | Fort +15, Reflex +9, Will +19 | Tracked Resources: Oracle Channel 7d6 (DC 20) 6/7 | Paladin Channel 3d6 (DC 16) 9/9 | LoH 4d6+2 {+1d6 or Mercy} 11/12 | Reroll 1/1

Knowing their defensive measures will soon be depleted, Caduceus decides to be a little proactive. He casts a spell to further link Fendahl to himself.

Casting Shield Other on Fendahl. In addition to us sharing whatever damage he takes, Fendahl also receives a +1 Deflection bonus to AC and +1 resistance bonus to Saves (though he probably has better already).


Another set of magical force missiles tears into the Axiomites body! It is still visible but clearly the mathematical symbols are not so orderly anymore!

"You are making a mistake. You will unbalance the order of the planes. Your actions are ... " it screeches while being assaulted.

Fendahl and Rajah are totally overwhelming Vector now! The katana as well as natural attacks are tearing the spider-like constructs apart and the mechanical voice is silenced!

Caduceus protects Fendahl.

~
~ INITIATIVE ~

Vector, -304, DEAD

Kyron, 36/40, stoneskin 10/150
Daathiel, 35/40, stoneskin 20/150

Axiomite, orange, -214, hasted, incorporeal, no true seeing
Axiomite, red, -59, hasted, incorporeal, no true seeing, dazed 3 rounds

Lichaam, 30/30, stoneskin 0/150, 1 elemental power used

Yanndu, exhausted if within 30 ft
Caduceus, 30/40 temp hp, shield other Fendahl
Fendahl, 23/40+14 temp hp, stoneskin 20/150, chaotic weapon
Rajah, 2/40+14 temp hp, stoneskin 10/150
Isah, -30, gone for 1 more rounds

The Concordance

Elf Explosion Wizard 15:
Wizard (admixture) 15
| HP 122/122 | AC 13 / 13T / 10FF | Fort +15, Reflex +15, Will +17 (+2 vs enchantments), Immune: sleep | CMD 18 / 15 FF | Init +11 (+14 with HA) | Perc +30 | SM +4 | Speed 30' (flying 60') | Spells 1st 8/8, 2nd 8/8, 3rd 7/7, 4th 7/7, 5th 7/7, 6th 6/6 7th 4/4, 8th 3/3 | EM 15/15, VE 13/13 | Active Conditions: freedom of movement (constant)

With the parties remaining foes now a little too spread out to catch both of them with his fireball based spells, Kyron decides a slight change of tactics may be in order. Reajusting his position a little (5 foot step) he retrieves his Selective metemagic rod, through which he unleashes a cone of caustic energy in the direction of the forge.

Kyron casts Cone of Cold through the Selective metamagic rod (DC 27 reflex to take only half damage) changing the energy type to acid. He aims it to catch both of the parties opponents and use the metamagic to selectively exclued any allies in the path of the cone (along with the remains of Vector).

caustic cone acid damage: 14d6 + 7 ⇒ (2, 5, 4, 6, 5, 6, 4, 1, 4, 5, 4, 1, 6, 2) + 7 = 62

caster level check vs SR (Orance): 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 14 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 31
caster level check vs SR (Red): 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 14 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 43
(Check include: Spell Penetration, Greater Spell Penetration, Elven Magic, Elemental Might)


Reflex orange: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36

Reflex red: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28

Both Axiomites can again dodge the worst of the acid.

But the already disturbed Axiomite is hit hard enough to just fade into nothingness!!

Only red axiomite remaining and it’s dazed so give me two actions everyone against it! ;-D

Scarab Sages

M Elf Wizard 7 (Scroll Scholar) / Cyphermage 6 | HP 82/82 | AC 13 / 12T / 11FF / CMD 18 | Fort +10 / Ref +10 / Will +12 | Init +5 (always act in surprise) | Perception +17, detect scrying

Current Spells and Effects:

False Life +11+30hp
Freedom of Movement
Detect Scrying
Ant Haul
Overland Flight
Nex' Secret Workshop (CL14 nondetection for everyone and the artifacts)
Planar Adaptation
Clear ear 4h 10m
Communal Darkvision 3h 40m
Mass Fly 2h 10m (all)
Life Bubble 1h 50m (all)
See Invisibility 1h 50m
Whispering Lore 30m
Mage Armor 15m
Mirror Image 13m (5 images)
Good Hope +2 14m (from Daathiel)
Grand Destiny 140m (1 uses of +4) (from Daathiel)
Stoneskin (150hp) (from Isah)
Owl's Wisdom (from Isah)
Resist Energy 30 acid/cold/electricity/fire/sonic (most from Yanndu)
Mage's Sword 9r
Blessing of Fervor (from Caduceus)
Prayer (from Caduceus)
Shield 4r

Elemental Might 3/4

First turn
With the aevarut and the first axiomite dead, Lichaam flies forwards and directs the force sword against their last foe.
Attack: 1d20 + 23 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 23 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 41
Force damage: 4d6 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2, 6, 6, 2) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 22

Second turn
While the axiomite is still dazed, the sword continues swinging.
Attack: 1d20 + 23 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 23 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 46
Force damage: 4d6 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6, 3, 2, 5) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 22

Lichaam follows it up with one of his prepared magic missiles.
Force damage: 5d4 + 5 ⇒ (2, 3, 2, 2, 1) + 5 = 15

SR (sword): 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 13 + 2 + 3 = 24
SR (magic missile): 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 13 + 2 + 3 = 22

Dark Archive

Male N Elf Psychic 12 - Init. +4, Senses Low-Light Vision Perception +25 detect scrying, HA, AC 32/ touch 22/ ff 27, Deskari's Wing; hp 74/74 temp 54/54 DR 10/adm(150); F+16, R+15, W+21, Speed 35 ft., Climb 20 ft., Fly 60 ft. Carried: LogicRod, StaffMinArc, LckyHrshoe, Fr-LfClvr; Buffs: elem.mx4, invis, mir img 5, resist energ 30 (all), loc creat, det scry, mg armr, shld, msg, flse life, fly, see invis, hghtnd awrnss, telbnd x2, gdpe, owl; Alc: antitx/plg/verm/syrup | exh

Yanndu switches axiomite.

Magic Missile vs. Orange: 5d4 + 5 ⇒ (4, 2, 4, 4, 4) + 5 = 23
CL check vs. SR: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 28
(Check include: Spell Penetration, Greater Spell Penetration, Elven Magic, Elemental Might)

Yanndu will take the AC and Reflex save from BoF; altitude: upside down on ceiling (fly+slipper of spider climbing)

The Concordance

Elf Explosion Wizard 15:
Wizard (admixture) 15
| HP 122/122 | AC 13 / 13T / 10FF | Fort +15, Reflex +15, Will +17 (+2 vs enchantments), Immune: sleep | CMD 18 / 15 FF | Init +11 (+14 with HA) | Perc +30 | SM +4 | Speed 30' (flying 60') | Spells 1st 8/8, 2nd 8/8, 3rd 7/7, 4th 7/7, 5th 7/7, 6th 6/6 7th 4/4, 8th 3/3 | EM 15/15, VE 13/13 | Active Conditions: freedom of movement (constant)

Assuming the axiomite is still active by the time it gets to each of Kyron's turns (he'll stop targeting it if it's been incapacitated):

First turn:
Kyron fires a stream of magic missiles at the dazed axiomite.
magic missile damage (+7 due to Intense Spells ability): 5d4 + 5 + 7 ⇒ (3, 2, 4, 4, 4) + 5 + 7 = 29

caster level check vs SR: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 14 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 43
(Check include: Spell Penetration, Greater Spell Penetration, Elven Magic, Elemental Might)

Second turn:
Kyron targets the dazed axiomite with another set of heighted dazing cluster-bomb acidballs (DC 26 vs reflex), if nessessary using the Selective metamagic rod to avoid any nearby allies.
acidball #1: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (2, 3) + 7 = 12,acidball #2: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10,acidball #3: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10,acidball #4: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3,acidball #5: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10,acidball #6: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11,acidball #7: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7 (= 63 damage total)

caster level check vs SR: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 14 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 28
(Check include: Spell Penetration, Greater Spell Penetration, Elven Magic, Elemental Might)

Grand Lodge

Male Half-elf HP 130/130 (172 for troll) AC33(40 for troll) Touch 13 Flat 31; F+17 R+11 W+18(+2 ench,+4 fey) INIT+4 Perc+21 CMB+16 CMD+30 Lion Shaman 13/Samurai 1, {see in posts} Shape changed 1/5 Beads 0/3, Rerolls 0/3

If there is still a need, Fendahl and Rajah h will move to engage the last...

Grand Lodge

Male Half-elf HP 130/130 (172 for troll) AC33(40 for troll) Touch 13 Flat 31; F+17 R+11 W+18(+2 ench,+4 fey) INIT+4 Perc+21 CMB+16 CMD+30 Lion Shaman 13/Samurai 1, {see in posts} Shape changed 1/5 Beads 0/3, Rerolls 0/3

Rajah will chase over to the remaining incorporeal foe.

Rajah +1 bite hope, atavism, bof, elemental, naturalist, greatness: 1d20 + 17 + 2 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 17 + 2 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 3 + 2 = 35
for dmg: 1d8 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20 grab
Rajah +1 claw hope, atavism, bof, elemental, naturalist, greatness: 1d20 + 17 + 2 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 17 + 2 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 3 + 2 = 47
for dmg: 1d8 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19
Rajah +1 claw hope, atavism, bof, elemental, naturalist, greatness: 1d20 + 17 + 2 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 17 + 2 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 3 + 2 = 48
for dmg: 1d8 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22

second round, if needed:

Rajah will chase over to the remaining incorporeal foe.

Rajah +1 bite hope, atavism, bof, elemental, naturalist, greatness: 1d20 + 17 + 2 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 17 + 2 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 3 + 2 = 44
for dmg: 1d8 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22 grab
Rajah +1 claw hope, atavism, bof, elemental, naturalist, greatness: 1d20 + 17 + 2 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 17 + 2 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 3 + 2 = 40
for dmg: 1d8 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26
Rajah +1 claw hope, atavism, bof, elemental, naturalist, greatness: 1d20 + 17 + 2 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 17 + 2 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 3 + 2 = 46
for dmg: 1d8 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20

Grand Lodge

Male Half-elf HP 130/130 (172 for troll) AC33(40 for troll) Touch 13 Flat 31; F+17 R+11 W+18(+2 ench,+4 fey) INIT+4 Perc+21 CMB+16 CMD+30 Lion Shaman 13/Samurai 1, {see in posts} Shape changed 1/5 Beads 0/3, Rerolls 0/3

Fendahl pokes at the corpse of vector to ensure it is dead or broken or whatever it needs be. He checks it for any notes, clues, orders or maps.

Interrupting timeflow can be hazardous to ones health.

perception, aware, hope, elemental: 1d20 + 21 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 21 + 4 + 4 = 33


The Axiomite is hit very, very hard by magical force and martial prowess.

But is not over yet as the last strands of lawful essence have not faded, yet.

Daathiel actually has 3 actions as he is up before Axiomite and Caduceus is up twice.

Scarab Sages

M Aasimar Archivist 14 | HP 169/129 | AC 36 T 20 FF 31 CMD 30 | Speed 30' | F +25 R +31 W +25** | Init +12 | Per +24 | Performance 26/36 | Probable Path 2/2 | Reroll 0/1 | Lore Master 3/3| Spells 2/7, 1/7, 0/5, 0/5, 0/3 |Active: Barkskin, Height Aware, Mirror Image (8), B. Grace, Hope, Fervor, Elemental Might (4)

Daathiel will cast Ear-Piercing Scream at the remaining Axiomite.

Damage: 5d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 5, 4, 6) = 26
SR, Elemental Might: 1d20 + 14 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 14 + 4 = 23

Halved for incorporeal; DC 17 Fort halves again and negates the Daze.

If it is still up, he will use his last spell slot to do it again.

Damage: 5d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 4, 1, 5) = 15
SR, Elemental Might: 1d20 + 14 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 14 + 4 = 22

And then, having no magic Weapon, he just uses Total Defense.


fort save: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 151d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25

The last magical sound attack is too much and with a loud booooom sound of lightning the mathematical creature explodes!!

And you hear a loud sound of lightning again!!

You have defeated Vector and the axiomites!!

Suddenly, you all feel that Ranginori reabsorbs the elemental might he bestowed on you. You all see the airy form of the lion head, the duke of thunder, and you see raw elemental power!!

~ ~

Magical might envelops you all and Ranginori sweeps you all and the shards of the Opal up without delay, whisking the entire group to a ruined palace on the Plane of Air!!

"Ahhhh, I am free!!! FREEE!!" you hear a booming voice.

Here on the plane of air, Ranginori revels in taking a few breaths of
clean air.

Isah is with you Pathfinders, and he is clearly afraid! "Ehh ... okay! I think that this concludes my service!" the efreeti says before he politely excuses himself with a bow and plane shifts away.

Scarab Sages

M Elf Wizard 7 (Scroll Scholar) / Cyphermage 6 | HP 82/82 | AC 13 / 12T / 11FF / CMD 18 | Fort +10 / Ref +10 / Will +12 | Init +5 (always act in surprise) | Perception +17, detect scrying

Current Spells and Effects:

False Life +11hp
Freedom of Movement
Detect Scrying
Ant Haul
Overland Flight
Nex' Secret Workshop (CL14 nondetection for everyone and the artifacts)
Planar Adaptation
Clear ear 4h 10m
Communal Darkvision 3h 40m
Mass Fly 2h 10m (all)
Life Bubble 1h 50m (all)
See Invisibility 1h 50m
Whispering Lore 30m
Mage Armor 15m
Mirror Image 13m (5 images)
Good Hope +2 14m (from Daathiel)
Grand Destiny 140m (1 uses of +4) (from Daathiel)
Stoneskin (150hp) (from Isah)
Owl's Wisdom (from Isah)
Resist Energy 30 acid/cold/electricity/fire/sonic (most from Yanndu)
Mage's Sword 9r
Blessing of Fervor (from Caduceus)
Prayer (from Caduceus)
Shield 3r

"Go well" Lichaam calls, just before Isah manages to slip away. He was probably quite confused, being thrown forwards in time like that and reappearing right before being swept up by Ranginori.

Speaking of... Lichaam pulls out his journal and a thin stick of mostly-wrapped charcoal. No space here to set down the inkwell, after all, and it would just make a mess. "Is this your realm?" he asks Ranginori, sketching the ruins and trying to remember what it was called.

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 31 + 2 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 31 + 2 + 4 + 2 = 48

There are priorities, after all.

Scarab Sages

M Aasimar Archivist 14 | HP 169/129 | AC 36 T 20 FF 31 CMD 30 | Speed 30' | F +25 R +31 W +25** | Init +12 | Per +24 | Performance 26/36 | Probable Path 2/2 | Reroll 0/1 | Lore Master 3/3| Spells 2/7, 1/7, 0/5, 0/5, 0/3 |Active: Barkskin, Height Aware, Mirror Image (8), B. Grace, Hope, Fervor, Elemental Might (4)

Daathiel looks astonished.
That spell worked? I defeated a foe?

He tries to look cool about it. "No big deal."

As I am sure everyone knows Big Trouble in Little China by heart, it's like Jack after killing a mook. Eddie says "First time you ever plugged someone?" and Jack gives a less-than-convincing "Course not."


Ranginori manifests fully into the setting on the plane of air (see image in the map link).

Lichaam, this area on the plane of air seems to be a natural spot of elemental balance and is located near the former seat of the duke of thunder.

"Yes, this is my realm! You are very brave. Much have I seen and heard yet I do not know even so much as your names. Tell them to me, that you may be remembered and that I may thank you properly."

This is your time to shine! To brag before the god you have rescued and to ask any lingering questions you may have. Go for it!

Scarab Sages

M Aasimar Archivist 14 | HP 169/129 | AC 36 T 20 FF 31 CMD 30 | Speed 30' | F +25 R +31 W +25** | Init +12 | Per +24 | Performance 26/36 | Probable Path 2/2 | Reroll 0/1 | Lore Master 3/3| Spells 2/7, 1/7, 0/5, 0/5, 0/3 |Active: Barkskin, Height Aware, Mirror Image (8), B. Grace, Hope, Fervor, Elemental Might (4)

"I am Daathiel, archivist and scholar," the Aasimar says simply.

"I am glad we could be of service."

The Concordance

Elf Explosion Wizard 15:
Wizard (admixture) 15
| HP 122/122 | AC 13 / 13T / 10FF | Fort +15, Reflex +15, Will +17 (+2 vs enchantments), Immune: sleep | CMD 18 / 15 FF | Init +11 (+14 with HA) | Perc +30 | SM +4 | Speed 30' (flying 60') | Spells 1st 8/8, 2nd 8/8, 3rd 7/7, 4th 7/7, 5th 7/7, 6th 6/6 7th 4/4, 8th 3/3 | EM 15/15, VE 13/13 | Active Conditions: freedom of movement (constant)

As Isah excuses himself, Kyron turns to the efreeti and nods. "Thankyou Isah, your help was invaluable."

----

Once Ranginori fully manifests Kyron gives a polite bow in the direction of the elemental lord. "...and I am Kyron. A tinkerer in the arcane arts..."

"Likewise, I am glad we could be of help."

"...How are you feeling? You were imprisoned for quite some time. Do you know much of what has happened since your imprisonment?"

Grand Lodge

Male Half-elf HP 130/130 (172 for troll) AC33(40 for troll) Touch 13 Flat 31; F+17 R+11 W+18(+2 ench,+4 fey) INIT+4 Perc+21 CMB+16 CMD+30 Lion Shaman 13/Samurai 1, {see in posts} Shape changed 1/5 Beads 0/3, Rerolls 0/3

Fendahl nods to Isah ingratitude as he returns to his normal size and form

”Our honor is maintained as this was our mission and appears accomplished.“

His Lion Shaman reverence is obvious as he is in awe of the lion form of Ranginori

Scarab Sages

M Elf Wizard 7 (Scroll Scholar) / Cyphermage 6 | HP 82/82 | AC 13 / 12T / 11FF / CMD 18 | Fort +10 / Ref +10 / Will +12 | Init +5 (always act in surprise) | Perception +17, detect scrying

"Wonderful!"

A few seconds later, Lichaam blinks and stops his sketching. "Oh. I am Lichaam Pisell, scholar and mage."

He pauses before mentioning the Scarab Sages or the Pathfinder Society. Ranginori wouldn't know either of them, would he?

"Would an overview of Golarion history and current events help?" Lichaam offers. "I have a few references with me, but nothing comprehensive, and our records are sketchy at best up to around ten thousand years ago."

Dark Archive

Male N Elf Psychic 12 - Init. +4, Senses Low-Light Vision Perception +25 detect scrying, HA, AC 32/ touch 22/ ff 27, Deskari's Wing; hp 74/74 temp 54/54 DR 10/adm(150); F+16, R+15, W+21, Speed 35 ft., Climb 20 ft., Fly 60 ft. Carried: LogicRod, StaffMinArc, LckyHrshoe, Fr-LfClvr; Buffs: elem.mx4, invis, mir img 5, resist energ 30 (all), loc creat, det scry, mg armr, shld, msg, flse life, fly, see invis, hghtnd awrnss, telbnd x2, gdpe, owl; Alc: antitx/plg/verm/syrup | exh

"Yanndu. Of the Mordant Spire. Allow me."

The mysterious elf approaches the elemental lord, pulling a scroll of mindlink. He then touches the forehead of the mighty thunder lion, transferring all his knowledge of recent events directly into his mind.


The Lion is only an airy apparition now. A representative but not the full Ranginori himself.

You all feel that magical energy and elemental force is increasingly built up around the avatar and that the weather is completely changing to a more thunderous environment.

You do not hear a booming voice anymore but a voice that enters your very souls.

I thank you … I will be there when you need me!

Scarab Sages

M Elf Wizard 7 (Scroll Scholar) / Cyphermage 6 | HP 82/82 | AC 13 / 12T / 11FF / CMD 18 | Fort +10 / Ref +10 / Will +12 | Init +5 (always act in surprise) | Perception +17, detect scrying

Huh. Presumably Ranginori would be consulting his own sources of information for what had transpired since he was imprisoned.

"If you find another of the containment gems, you might think about contacting the Pathfinder Society, in Absalom, on Golarion, in the Material Plane."

Lichaam looks around, then back to the avatar. "I can prepare magic to get our group back home, if you need to regain your strength, but I would need to rest first. Is there a more-calm area of your realm where we could?"

Or he could just use that emergency scroll he has in his backpack, but how often do you get a chance like this? Also, the scroll is fairly expensive.

As for asking Ranginori for a ride back? Take it if offered, but asking for favors from someone who just escaped that long of an imprisonment seemed like something that could annoy Ranginori (even with his Good alignment.)

Dark Archive

Male N Elf Psychic 12 - Init. +4, Senses Low-Light Vision Perception +25 detect scrying, HA, AC 32/ touch 22/ ff 27, Deskari's Wing; hp 74/74 temp 54/54 DR 10/adm(150); F+16, R+15, W+21, Speed 35 ft., Climb 20 ft., Fly 60 ft. Carried: LogicRod, StaffMinArc, LckyHrshoe, Fr-LfClvr; Buffs: elem.mx4, invis, mir img 5, resist energ 30 (all), loc creat, det scry, mg armr, shld, msg, flse life, fly, see invis, hghtnd awrnss, telbnd x2, gdpe, owl; Alc: antitx/plg/verm/syrup | exh

***...colleagues...I will volunteer to camp here for the next few days if the rest of you also wish to do so...an elemental lord in such a weakened state would perhaps benefit from our protection...***

This is purely for flavor; if the module is over I have no objections moving towards the issuance of the Chronicle Sheets at this point; thank you GM Nowruz! this was a blast!


You all feel that now that Ranginori is on the plane of air shock waves of power are drawn into the Duke of thunder.

You are witnessing the reformation of a divine being you believe and it seems that raw elemental power is flowing from the entire plane to this very spot.

I am safe now… this is my realm! This is where I stored my divine power!! I will send you to wherever you wish! you hear in your minds.

Dark Archive

Male N Elf Psychic 12 - Init. +4, Senses Low-Light Vision Perception +25 detect scrying, HA, AC 32/ touch 22/ ff 27, Deskari's Wing; hp 74/74 temp 54/54 DR 10/adm(150); F+16, R+15, W+21, Speed 35 ft., Climb 20 ft., Fly 60 ft. Carried: LogicRod, StaffMinArc, LckyHrshoe, Fr-LfClvr; Buffs: elem.mx4, invis, mir img 5, resist energ 30 (all), loc creat, det scry, mg armr, shld, msg, flse life, fly, see invis, hghtnd awrnss, telbnd x2, gdpe, owl; Alc: antitx/plg/verm/syrup | exh

***...much obliged...do not hesitate to call upon the Pathfinder Society if you or your allies need help...fare thee well, Ranginori...***

Grand Lodge

Male Half-elf HP 130/130 (172 for troll) AC33(40 for troll) Touch 13 Flat 31; F+17 R+11 W+18(+2 ench,+4 fey) INIT+4 Perc+21 CMB+16 CMD+30 Lion Shaman 13/Samurai 1, {see in posts} Shape changed 1/5 Beads 0/3, Rerolls 0/3

”Excellent. You have our gratitude and it would be our honor to serve again if needed.“

Scarab Sages

M Elf Wizard 7 (Scroll Scholar) / Cyphermage 6 | HP 82/82 | AC 13 / 12T / 11FF / CMD 18 | Fort +10 / Ref +10 / Will +12 | Init +5 (always act in surprise) | Perception +17, detect scrying

Where he "stored" his power? So either Ranginori knew what was about to happen, and stashed away his metaphysical valuables, or he was something more like a conduit for power he invested elsewhere. No, not a conduit, but divisible, where the internal power source (and possibly a portion of his will) could be made external to accomplish his aims...

That raised some interesting possibilities, and fit rather well with what their group had experienced three and a half years ago.

Lichaam jotted down a couple of notes, as the still-running owl's wisdom noted how bad of an idea publishing those thoughts would be.


Suddenly, you see the air distorting and first a a flame and then Isar reappearing.

The efreeti looks at you with a comfused look on his face.

”Ehh .. what is going on?! We had a deal!!“ the giant fire genie says slightly intimidated.

The airy lion apparition moves slightly to the genie.

You were instrumental … you are fighting my enemies… you will become my temporary knight!! and suddenly you see a blue aura entering Isah’s form and visible lightning enveloping the genie.

Isah’s eyes open wide and he looks at you all with a grin. ”This feels good!!“

The aura washes only slightly over all in the area. Emotions and thoughts flood your mind as well.

I endeavors to be a generous conversationalist with you my saviors, though my long imprisonment leaves me woefully ill-informed about events over the last tens of thousands of years ... I will need time! Regarding the inevitables .. you have my thanks … not all creatures - even those with otherwise noble intentions - look kindly on change, even if it’s change for the better. Regarding the evil elemental lords, I the Duke of Thunder express caution! I am far from my full strength and am not in any position to pick a fight with old rivals—at least not yet. Regarding the good-aligned elemental lords, tell your superiors that I Ranginori voice my interest in finding and liberating my lost colleagues once I have consolidated my realm on the Plane of Air!! Yes, with wistful patience over the course of lifetimes, balance may return to the Elemental Planes once more!!

The Duke of Thunder begins to fade away and so do you suddenly feel a planar force whisking you away.

You are now again in Lodehollow next to the master of spells. Isah’s confused face shows his surprise.

Again you feel thoughts enter your mind.

Regarding the Pathfinder Society, I Ranginori convey my deep gratitude! I recognize that it was the effort of the Society as a whole that freed me, with you being my champions. I owe the collective Pathfinders numerous favors, and I promise you that you’ll be that be able to channel my power as a personal reward and Isah will aid you as well!

The Duke of Thunder’s avatar reappears and he passes all but a few pieces of the Untouchable Opal to the totally speechless Sorrina Westyr.

Again a blue aura touches Sorrina and she blinks and speaks, ”Yes, we will permanently and irrevocably bury this in the darkest corners of the cosmos!“

Dark Archive

Male N Elf Psychic 12 - Init. +4, Senses Low-Light Vision Perception +25 detect scrying, HA, AC 32/ touch 22/ ff 27, Deskari's Wing; hp 74/74 temp 54/54 DR 10/adm(150); F+16, R+15, W+21, Speed 35 ft., Climb 20 ft., Fly 60 ft. Carried: LogicRod, StaffMinArc, LckyHrshoe, Fr-LfClvr; Buffs: elem.mx4, invis, mir img 5, resist energ 30 (all), loc creat, det scry, mg armr, shld, msg, flse life, fly, see invis, hghtnd awrnss, telbnd x2, gdpe, owl; Alc: antitx/plg/verm/syrup | exh

Yanndu telepathically contacts Isah, adding, ***...it appears that your 'efforts' during our last battle did not go unrewarded, Knight of Ranginori...I am comforted by the thought that any 'encouragement' I may have extended towards you was not in vain...***

Grand Lodge

Male Half-elf HP 130/130 (172 for troll) AC33(40 for troll) Touch 13 Flat 31; F+17 R+11 W+18(+2 ench,+4 fey) INIT+4 Perc+21 CMB+16 CMD+30 Lion Shaman 13/Samurai 1, {see in posts} Shape changed 1/5 Beads 0/3, Rerolls 0/3

Fendahl nods thoughtfully as the shift in cosmic balance occurs.

”These events are well beyond the events on the savanna. It was an experience I shall not forget. “

Scarab Sages

M Elf Wizard 7 (Scroll Scholar) / Cyphermage 6 | HP 82/82 | AC 13 / 12T / 11FF / CMD 18 | Fort +10 / Ref +10 / Will +12 | Init +5 (always act in surprise) | Perception +17, detect scrying

Odd that Ranginori would empower an efreeti as a... temporary knight? Was that something like a temporary herald? Odder still that Isah wasn't consulted first, and is apparently fine with the service. Then again, morality and ethics always got a little "constrained" around the strongly-aligned races. If they were both happy with the arrangement, he wasn't going to get involved.

"I'm glad we were able to help, both of you. This was much more pleasant than my last mission."

Dark Archive

Male N Elf Psychic 12 - Init. +4, Senses Low-Light Vision Perception +25 detect scrying, HA, AC 32/ touch 22/ ff 27, Deskari's Wing; hp 74/74 temp 54/54 DR 10/adm(150); F+16, R+15, W+21, Speed 35 ft., Climb 20 ft., Fly 60 ft. Carried: LogicRod, StaffMinArc, LckyHrshoe, Fr-LfClvr; Buffs: elem.mx4, invis, mir img 5, resist energ 30 (all), loc creat, det scry, mg armr, shld, msg, flse life, fly, see invis, hghtnd awrnss, telbnd x2, gdpe, owl; Alc: antitx/plg/verm/syrup | exh

Yanndu adds, ***...Knight of Ranginori, the Dark Archive of the Pathfinder Society will contact you shortly...since you are now Ranginori's herald, there is no need to to disturb the Elemental Lord himself while he is busy rebuilding his kingdom...your knowledge of interplanar politics and the key players operating in these Inner Realms will no doubt please my mistress to the utmost degree...***


Isah looks at you all sheepishly and adds, “I think we’ll all see each other in the future and I think that the duke hasn’t all my cards, yet!“ he says.


Again you feel divine power building up and the Duke of Thunder is suddenly visible above the caverns and in everybody’s mind!!

The newly freed elemental lord makes his first public appearance to the inhabitants of Lodehollow!

A booming voice in your minds says, “I promise that this monumental event shall be the first of many to come, for all creatures of the Elemental Planes must unite to stand against tyranny!!!“

There is confusion and bewilderment everywhere.

The local oreads and shaitans struggle to make sense of quite what’s happening, but it’s clear that Ranginori has no intentions of remaining idle!

Then the avatar and Isah vanish!

~

In the next hour you debrief Sorrina and Grave Treader.

“This is perhaps the first kernel of truth to support Vector’s warning of chaos in the days to come!!??“ Sorrina says but she simultaneously assures you’ve done the right thing.

Sorrina and Grave Treader are dubious as to the efreeti’s true motivations. Even so, the efreeti has revealed that the Aspis Consortium maintains enough spies to have learned of the Society’s endeavor.

~

You later learn that Isah himself has returned to the City of Brass and reported to his superiors in the Secret Fire everything he witnessed. You are not sure how the organization uses that information and views the Society, particularly in light of the Pathfinders’ destruction of the Untouchable Opal.

But you all have received a clear message that calling Isah will lead him to appear.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Weeks after you return from Kandirion’s Pyre, you receive a letter of gratitude!

You investigate and realize that it is a ring of air elemental command made of white gold and bearing a surviving fragment of the Untouchable Opal — Ranginori’s promised token of his favor.

This then appears on the Chronicle sheet at a significant discount.

You are truly praised by those that know of this mission and also receive a note from the Decemvirate that you truly are among the Society’s most promising and valuable agents!!

END OF SCENARIO.

451 to 488 of 488 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / #8-25: Unleashing the Untouchable - GM Nowruz All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.