GM SFS's 1-28: It Rests Beneath (Inactive)

Game Master Eric Collins - France

Sideshow Slideshow


301 to 350 of 511 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Exo-Guardians

Male Lashunta (Damaya) | Bounty Hunter | Envoy (Steward Officer) 2| SP: 12/12; HP: 16/16; RP: 3/3 | BAB: 1; EAC: 12; KAC: 13; CMD: 21 | F+1; R+4; W+4 | Init: +1; Perc: +7; Sense Motive + 6 (+d6); Spd: 30' |

RP spent...

Baròleg regretfully informs the doctor that the crest eater was laid to rest... But that at least it had a delicious last meal at the Starfinder buffett! He asks the doctor, "Are you aware of any other risks in the area, or a safer spot to rest? We don't have much light left."

If there are no suggestions of better camp sites, Baròleg search the perimeter for signs of more crest eaters or other life forms.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 or Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 whichever is more appropriate

Once he's confident it's safe, he begins unpacking his sleeping gear and an R2e meal. do we need a roll to set up camp?

Grand Lodge

PbP Info 1 | PbP Info 2 | PbP Cons | PbP GM Kit | To Conquer the Dragon |

This seems like as good a place and Mora does not give you any adverse information.
No rolls needed. Methinks there is even a tent!

Dataphiles

Male NG Ysoki Mechanic | HP 15/15 STAM 14/14 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | CMAC 23 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | | Resolve 5/5 | | Active conditions: Roboticist

Gogglez takes a 10 minute break to recover his stamina before working on the tower and the computer systems. He calls back his drone into his armor while he rests. While he works, he opens comms to Dr. Mora, "You know we killed it right? I mean, we almost got eaten, but I built a wall to hide behind, so were all good now."

engineering: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 2 = 19
computers: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk Solarian/1|SP 8/8|HP 13/13|RP 3/3|Init 1|KAC 17|EAC 15|Fort 3|Ref 1|Will 2

Definitely set up for at least the 10m to start with. After that, helping with setup of camp and the tower, pack mule again because yay int score :/

Korl takes a quick breather to catch his breath after the tough fight "I'm fine, I'm fine. Just...give me a minute or so." he does his best to wave off Pyksi but eventually submits to her tending his wounds.

"Tough fight, eh? I guess let's get this thing set up so we can get some rest." Korl tries to give direction where it obviously isn't needed and hands Gogglez several tower components backwards or upside down.

Aid Engineering: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Grand Lodge

PbP Info 1 | PbP Info 2 | PbP Cons | PbP GM Kit | To Conquer the Dragon |

"You KILLED it?! My oh my!", you hear that Mora is quite impressed.
A little voice pipes up beside her: "Can you build a wall around my ice creams, mister?"

So, you follow Gogglez instructions, and manage to build the tower, even as it gets dark.
Then Gogglez climbs the tower, and you listen to him coordinate things with Mora, and talk about ice cream and what a hero he is, and then the job is done and the second tower is up and running.

So, you, then make camp--
Who has a tent? Do you sleep in the buggy? Who has food?

The next morning, you all have recovered your SPs and RPs, and spells etc.
Korl and Gogglez have healed a bit, and you can treat them again with the medkit in the morning.
That is 1 + 1 HP recovered, but Treat Deadly Wounds used for both for that day

And you will be ready to head off to set up the third tower.

Korl (11/13 HP)
Gogglez (5/8 HP)

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk Solarian/1|SP 8/8|HP 13/13|RP 3/3|Init 1|KAC 17|EAC 15|Fort 3|Ref 1|Will 2

I need to get a Mobile Hotelier, those are neat. Korl prepared badly for this trip...

"Looks like it might be a night under the stars...or at least under the tower. I'm going to take a look around, see if I can drum up some water or something edible."

Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Grand Lodge

PbP Info 1 | PbP Info 2 | PbP Cons | PbP GM Kit | To Conquer the Dragon |

Korl sees a beautiful leg o' crest eater... freshly killed, feeds 12!
Perfect to grill over the fire.

Water you have on the buggy and bike.

Exo-Guardians

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Vesk Solarian/1|SP 8/8|HP 13/13|RP 3/3|Init 1|KAC 17|EAC 15|Fort 3|Ref 1|Will 2

"You guys ever try Triaxian Crab before? Big as a 'hab, about as angry as our friend here...bet he grills up nicely. Who wants to get the fire going, I'll get us some sticks to roast it on!"

Korl grins at the group as he heads off for firewood.

Acquisitives

Female N Halfling Ace Operative 2 | SP 14/14 HP 13/14| RP 5/6 | EAC 17; KAC 16 | Fort +2; Ref +9; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +7

Pyksi calls up to Gogglez as he heads up to finish calibrations: ”If you see any shirds coming, I recommend getting down that ladder!”

As they set up, Pyksi takes a bundle of thin pipes and canvas from her pack. It takes her only a moment or two to set up... although it’s sized for one creature.

Grand Lodge

PbP Info 1 | PbP Info 2 | PbP Cons | PbP GM Kit | To Conquer the Dragon |

So though you will feast on nice fresh meat, sitting around the campfire, most will sleep in the buggy or on the hard soil.
Only Piksy in a one person tent...

Waking up you will all feel stiff, and dirty, and tired.
But that is the life of adventurers!

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Mercenary Mystic/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 14/14 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort 0/Ref +2/Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Croaker not being much of a help for cooking might as well spend some time building a temporary shack from the elements of the last tower. After all, it contains some material serving for platforms, which can serve either as a floor or as a ceiling. It will still be a rough night.

"Thanks for the cooking Korl! Appreciated."

Acquisitives

Female Android Ghost operative Lv.1 outlaw
Stats:
HP:10/10|SP:0/6|RP:4/4|EAC:13,KAC:13(AC VS CM:21)|Fort:0,Ref:5,Will:4|Init:+4|Perc:+4/SM:0|Speed 30FT|Active conditions- None|
Skills:
Acrobatics:+6,Athletics:+4,Computers:+6,culture:+6,Engineering:+6,Piloting: +7,slight of hand:+7,Stealth:+7.

Cashara gets into the buggy with some food and uses her bag (or whatever it is) for a pillow. After eating a little she looks at Korl
you could probably be a great chef someday she says with a slight hint of enthusiasm, even for an android.
pretty good

sorry guys, stuff popped up and I have not been able to post all day and I'm not sure when I'm going to ba able to post again. Sorry I can't provide any rolls, but keep at range and go with the knife when flaking and melee numbers are a better choice. And please go for trick attacks when possible

Exo-Guardians

Male Lashunta (Damaya) | Bounty Hunter | Envoy (Steward Officer) 2| SP: 12/12; HP: 16/16; RP: 3/3 | BAB: 1; EAC: 12; KAC: 13; CMD: 21 | F+1; R+4; W+4 | Init: +1; Perc: +7; Sense Motive + 6 (+d6); Spd: 30' |

Stretching out after a too short rest, Baròleg breaks down camp while having a breakfast of leftover crest-eater. "We should get moving. I'd like my next night's sleep to be in something closer to a real bed." He'll help load up the buggy while those with healing skills apply fresh bandages to the injured.

Grand Lodge

PbP Info 1 | PbP Info 2 | PbP Cons | PbP GM Kit | To Conquer the Dragon |

That morning, you are all a bit stiff, and have not showered or shaved or whatever you do, and the cold grilled meat is not as good as fresh baked bread... but you are Starfinders, and so you just tough it out.

You wake around 5 am, but having gotten to sleep early, you are not that tired.

You also are happy that despite the fact that no guard duty was set up during the night, not even the watchful eyes of Hole Puncher-- nothing happened!

So, a bit before 7 am you drive off towards the Windy Cliffs.

Pyksi zips off on the bike, trying to avoid Korl's datapad that he keeps on thrusting in front of her eyes... to "help".
She drives and navigates herself, and does great speed.

The buggy is driven by Gogglez, who does his best--
DC 12 Piloting check
--while the three passengers try to navigate.
Cashara starts pointing the way, but is not too sure of the best way...
Piloting to Navigate DC 10: 1d2 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
The other 2 can Aid Another if you hit DC 10 piloting

Acquisitives

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Ysoki Mercenary Mystic/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 14/14 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort 0/Ref +2/Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Croaker sits at the back seat of the buggy and tries to point out obstacles that Cashara have missed

Piloting to navigate, aid another: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

After going on a more flat field Ysoki reports back to the base

"We slept well, given the circumstances, and are making our way towards the Windy Cliffs. If you have some spare time can you walk us through what did you find in the Kasatha ship?"

I am asking out of curiosity, as I remember that you mentioned it and us forgetting to react on that.

Spike enjoys some wind blowing at his fur and is eager to set up the third tower to get some more information about this planet.

He feels like he learned more about the fauna from being here for half-day than from the 'scientists'. He guesses that setting devices that annoy local inhabitants gives you a unique opportunity for the first contact.

Grand Lodge

PbP Info 1 | PbP Info 2 | PbP Cons | PbP GM Kit | To Conquer the Dragon |

"Spare time? Do you think I am idle?! Listen, I barely have time to..."
Fifteen minutes later, she is still explaining all the things she does that makes her not have a second of free time.
Finally, she loops back to answering your question in a few seconds:
"As I said, a few relics were recovered from the Kasathan starship. And you make take and use anything you want of the following: three Mk 1 serums of healing, and 2 doses of zero."
You hear a little voice pipe up: "Zero? Is that some ice-cream flavor? Can I-- munch munch"
"Mina! Spit that out now!"
The line goes dead.

Croaker points some things out, and you manage to navigate quite well as you cover the 75 some miles to the next site, seeing the plateau in the rising sun, which makes it look quite nice.

Gogglez DC 12 Piloting check

Acquisitives

Female N Halfling Ace Operative 2 | SP 14/14 HP 13/14| RP 5/6 | EAC 17; KAC 16 | Fort +2; Ref +9; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +7
GM SFS wrote:
and have not showered or shaved or whatever you do,

Speak for yourself, Pyksi has a hygiene kit!

Pyksi, her beautiful tresses flowing in the wind behind her, skin radiant and blemish-free, turns to flash a smile at the buggy's inhabitants with her freshly-cleaned, sparkly-white teeth as they drive.

Dataphiles

Male NG Ysoki Mechanic | HP 15/15 STAM 14/14 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | CMAC 23 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | | Resolve 5/5 | | Active conditions: Roboticist

piloting: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

"So am I driving to the next tower site or the Kasatha ship? We're going to check that ship out right?" Gogglez says as he drives more calmly today than the day before.

Grand Lodge

PbP Info 1 | PbP Info 2 | PbP Cons | PbP GM Kit | To Conquer the Dragon |

So, Gogglez first sets out to explore the site of crashed Kasatha vessel.
And Pyksi, smiling and happy about her clean hair, does not object.

Thus you take a couple hours to drive some 60 miles to the crash site.
You carefully approach, but see that the scientists have gone over the little that is left with a fine comb - for they too have hygiene kits!

Nothing left here.

It is a small ancient Kasatha explorer scout vessel, a couple centuries old.
Though it could seat two, this one probably only had one Kasatha on board.

You then set out again, and drive for another 70 miles, and enjoy the landscape on this sunny day.

Around 11 a.m. you arrive towards the Windy Cliffs, to install the last tower.

It is a high cliff that curves along one edge of the plateau, and the wind is noticeably strong.
Flying creatures, such as Gogglez mechanic’s drone, would have some difficulty hovering.

You see that the ground, here, is a strange field of uniform shallow depressions, each about 10 feet long, 5 feet wide, and about 1-1/2 feet deep.
At scattered intervals throughout this strange geological feature, the shallow depressions are replaced with long, low, mounds equal in size to the depressions, but rising about 1-1/2 feet above the ground.

Weird!

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk Solarian/1|SP 8/8|HP 13/13|RP 3/3|Init 1|KAC 17|EAC 15|Fort 3|Ref 1|Will 2

Korl keeps having to spit out Pyksi's hair, who also keeps ignoring his perfectly good help with navigation. Eventually he gives up and crosses his arms in front of him as the hair assault continues.

He dead pan asks "Are we there yet?" every 10 klicks or so.

Piloting(Nav): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Acquisitives

Female Android Ghost operative Lv.1 outlaw
Stats:
HP:10/10|SP:0/6|RP:4/4|EAC:13,KAC:13(AC VS CM:21)|Fort:0,Ref:5,Will:4|Init:+4|Perc:+4/SM:0|Speed 30FT|Active conditions- None|
Skills:
Acrobatics:+6,Athletics:+4,Computers:+6,culture:+6,Engineering:+6,Piloting: +7,slight of hand:+7,Stealth:+7.

Some how, Cashara managed to sleep ,or recharge, this whole time.
She sits up in a moving buggy
hu, in the excitement of the day, I must have forgotten to set an alarm she gives an exasperated sigh for an android.

hey, I actually found time to post today, didn't think it would happen that easy

Exo-Guardians

Male Lashunta (Damaya) | Bounty Hunter | Envoy (Steward Officer) 2| SP: 12/12; HP: 16/16; RP: 3/3 | BAB: 1; EAC: 12; KAC: 13; CMD: 21 | F+1; R+4; W+4 | Init: +1; Perc: +7; Sense Motive + 6 (+d6); Spd: 30' |

Baròleg covers over the landing site as thoroughly as he can. Is it possible to tell if the pilot survived, or was injured? Anything he uncovers he shares with the team.

Seeing that Gogglez and Croaker have orienteering in hand, Baròleg takes a moment to just take in the strangeness of the landform. Seeing Pyksi and Korl starting to drift off course, he provides some of Croaker's directions over the comm.

If I can assist from afar on the Nav roll...
Pilot/Nav/Assist Korl: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Grand Lodge

PbP Info 1 | PbP Info 2 | PbP Cons | PbP GM Kit | To Conquer the Dragon |

Pyksi never really listens to Korl, so, when Baròleg tries to help... he sees Pyksi is handling it fine herself.

At the crash site, you do not find much of anything else.
You do see that there is no direct damage to the pilot's seat, so it is possible he or she survived.
But maybe not...
The scientists said they never found any remnants on board.
But it was centuries ago.

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk Solarian/1|SP 8/8|HP 13/13|RP 3/3|Init 1|KAC 17|EAC 15|Fort 3|Ref 1|Will 2

"So what do you make of that? Think we can still set up the last tower around all these holes?" Korl gets off the enercycle and heads to the buggy to start unloading the last set of tower components.

"Well might as well get started."

So basically it kind of looks like a giant golf ball or that someone has been digging?

Grand Lodge

PbP Info 1 | PbP Info 2 | PbP Cons | PbP GM Kit | To Conquer the Dragon |

Yes, kind of... like bumps and dips.

Grand Lodge

PbP Info 1 | PbP Info 2 | PbP Cons | PbP GM Kit | To Conquer the Dragon |

As Korl begins unloading the crates of tubes and such, you all see that building the scanning tower on this unusual terrain and in the middle of fierce winds is going to be particularly challenging.

Strength will be nearly as important as technical skill.

Thus, to assemble the titanium rods and erect the structure, you still need a successful DC 15 Engineering check, people can use the aid another action to assist the primary character with either Engineering, or Strength, as the help hold the things fast against the wind.
So: one main to roll the DC15 Engineering, other can Aid w. Engineering or pure Strength checks

Once the tower is assembled, someone still needs to climb to the top to calibrate it.
Though, even with the ladder, it requires successful DC 12 Athletics checks to do so under these conditions.
DC 12 Athletics check or checks to go up 30 ft. at 1/2 speed

However, the problem is that this lightweight Ykea tower was built to withstand only rough weather or a technician at the top, not both.
So, a Medium person atop the higher platform needs two other people on the
lower platform to help brace the structure until the work’s done.
A Small person needs only one other person to brace the structure.
DC 12 Athletics check or checks to go up 15 ft. at 1/2 speed to brace the structure at mid point

The person perched at the top platform must succeed at a DC 10 Acrobatics check to avoid falling partway through the calibration process.
The wind blows strong!
DC 10 Acrobatics to not fall during Calibration
Calibration calls for a DC 15 Computers check

Dataphiles

Male NG Ysoki Mechanic | HP 15/15 STAM 14/14 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | CMAC 23 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | | Resolve 5/5 | | Active conditions: Roboticist

Gogglez begins welding the rods and scrap metal together, as well as building a few barricades around the tower's base to help brace it against the wind.

I remember taking 10 being a little different in starfinder, is this an occasion where I can take 10 or no?

Grand Lodge

PbP Info 1 | PbP Info 2 | PbP Cons | PbP GM Kit | To Conquer the Dragon |

The situation is a bit too stressful, what with the wind, and weird formation and such...
No Take 10 at the moment

Dataphiles

Male NG Ysoki Mechanic | HP 15/15 STAM 14/14 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | CMAC 23 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | | Resolve 5/5 | | Active conditions: Roboticist

engineering: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

"I can build things, yeah? But I'm not that good at climbing, so uhh, anyone else good with computers AND climbing?" Gogglez says as he plays with his arm-mounted custom rig.

Grand Lodge

PbP Info 1 | PbP Info 2 | PbP Cons | PbP GM Kit | To Conquer the Dragon |

As the wind whistles, relentless, never-ending, you work, Korl helping more than before, holding the poles down so they are not blown away...
Gogglez manages to get things down in an orderly fashion.
And, a half an hour later, the tower is erected.
Except that, as it sways in the wind, Gogglez is not too sure about wanting to climb up!

It is now, after the half hour of work, around 11:30 am.

Once the tower is assembled, someone still needs to climb to the top to calibrate it.
Though, even with the ladder, it requires successful DC 12 Athletics checks to do so under these conditions.
DC 12 Athletics check or checks to go up 30 ft. at 1/2 speed

However, the problem is that this lightweight Ykea tower was built to withstand only rough weather or a technician at the top, not both.
So, a Medium person atop the higher platform needs two other people on the
lower platform to help brace the structure until the work’s done.
A Small person needs only one other person to brace the structure.
DC 12 Athletics check or checks to go up 15 ft. at 1/2 speed to brace the structure at mid point

The person perched at the top platform must succeed at a DC 10 Acrobatics check to avoid falling partway through the calibration process.
The wind blows strong!
DC 10 Acrobatics to not fall during Calibration
Calibration calls for a DC 15 Computers check

Acquisitives

Female N Halfling Ace Operative 2 | SP 14/14 HP 13/14| RP 5/6 | EAC 17; KAC 16 | Fort +2; Ref +9; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +7

Pyksi looks at the tower before her and sighs. "This looks like a job for me," she says, cricking her knuckles and her neck (both thankfully still relatively solid, given the prior day's shenanigans).

She considers her +6 to Acrobatics, her +6 to Computers, and her +15 to Acrobatics. When she gets to the top, she won't fall unless the tower does.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

The problem, however, lies in getting there. The relatively sure-footed halfling has a little problem about halfway up the tower as her grip starts to shake.

Am I falling, doc?

Acquisitives

Female Android Ghost operative Lv.1 outlaw
Stats:
HP:10/10|SP:0/6|RP:4/4|EAC:13,KAC:13(AC VS CM:21)|Fort:0,Ref:5,Will:4|Init:+4|Perc:+4/SM:0|Speed 30FT|Active conditions- None|
Skills:
Acrobatics:+6,Athletics:+4,Computers:+6,culture:+6,Engineering:+6,Piloting: +7,slight of hand:+7,Stealth:+7.

I'll stabilize Cashara says as she moves to the ladder behind Pyksi, ready to move up when Pyksi reaches the top nice to have a good vantage point

if Pyksi falls:
Cashara braces herself and tries to get in such a way to catch the Halfling ad she calls for the closest person of the ground to assist should I make a streangth check for the catch?

If Pyksi stays were she is:
don't push it, we don't want you falling Cashara says take a break on the next platform until I get there
Assuming the request is met. she starts her climb
athletics: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10 the +1 from operatives edge
athletics: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 1 = 14

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk Solarian/1|SP 8/8|HP 13/13|RP 3/3|Init 1|KAC 17|EAC 15|Fort 3|Ref 1|Will 2

Korl continues his unloading until its construction time then takes up a position at the base of the tower using his weight and strength to fight the wind.

Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Hoping its enough to brace the tower, he stays in place until Pyksi starts looking off balance

If she falls...:
Korl whips an arm out as quickly as he can to brace her fall
Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Figure reflex to try and intercept w/ strength to actually catch?

Grand Lodge

PbP Info 1 | PbP Info 2 | PbP Cons | PbP GM Kit | To Conquer the Dragon |

So, Pyksi moves to half way up, the middle platform.
Then, she tries to go up, but cannot... the wind picked up and she remains in place, gripping the ladder to not fall.
You failed by less than 5... so no drop.
Can try again: DC 12 Athletics to get to the top
(then, when/if you make it to the top:
DC 10 Acrobatics to not fall during Calibration
Calibration calls for a DC 15 Computers check

Cashara tries, is buffeted by the wind, and then tries again, and she makes it to the middle platform.
She then helps brace the structure and can remain there until the work’s done.

Korl is bracing the tower's base, and ready to catch falling Halflings.

Acquisitives

Female N Halfling Ace Operative 2 | SP 14/14 HP 13/14| RP 5/6 | EAC 17; KAC 16 | Fort +2; Ref +9; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +7

Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Pyksi tries to ascend... but soon the wind knocks her right off!

The odds were in my favor, but luck was not!

After a 15-foot drop, Pyksi lets someone help her to her feet, then immediately takes another run at it, learning nothing.

Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Successfully making it to the second level, she thanks the others for keeping it stable, rolls her shoulders, and gets onto the next ladder!

Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

A natural acrobat, Pyksi doesn’t even seem bothered by the wind now that she’s in position, more concerned with calibrating the swaying tower.

Computers: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Grand Lodge

PbP Info 1 | PbP Info 2 | PbP Cons | PbP GM Kit | To Conquer the Dragon |

Pyksi rubs her head--
3 damage
--and climbs back up to the top.

Pyksi starts calibrating, and talking with Mora to go through the whole process, that takes about fifteen minutes...

Cashara is stabilizing the top, but, even with that Pyksi has to hold on and not drop.
DC 10 Acrobatics to not fall during Calibration

Ouch!: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Acquisitives

Female N Halfling Ace Operative 2 | SP 14/14 HP 13/14| RP 5/6 | EAC 17; KAC 16 | Fort +2; Ref +9; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +7

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18

Didn’t bother to roll it :P

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Mercenary Mystic/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 14/14 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort 0/Ref +2/Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Croaker looks at his teammates working with the tower and decides to keep an eye on unwanted intrusions. He grips his rifle harder and keeps an eye on the patches of sand hoping that nothing would crawl out of them.

"Hold on Pyksi! You can make it!"

Grand Lodge

PbP Info 1 | PbP Info 2 | PbP Cons | PbP GM Kit | To Conquer the Dragon |

"IT WORKS!" says Mora, over the comm', to Pyksi. "Let's get the triangulation working right away. Thank you so much, Starfinders!"

The tower starts to chirp and lights blink and small radar domes swivel...

And a gust of severe wind rips across the area, blowing dust all over, and pushing your bodies off balance--

All must a DC 10 Fortitude

Acquisitives

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female N Halfling Ace Operative 2 | SP 14/14 HP 13/14| RP 5/6 | EAC 17; KAC 16 | Fort +2; Ref +9; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +7

Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

The curse is broken! I passed a save!

Grand Lodge

PbP Info 1 | PbP Info 2 | PbP Cons | PbP GM Kit | To Conquer the Dragon |

Pyksi's petite body resists the wind, even if the top of the tower bends... it is only her beautiful tresses that flow out!

Then she can safely climb down.

Acquisitives

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Ysoki Mercenary Mystic/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 14/14 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort 0/Ref +2/Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Fortitude : 1d20 ⇒ 12

Croaker withstands the blowing wind

Exo-Guardians

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Vesk Solarian/1|SP 8/8|HP 13/13|RP 3/3|Init 1|KAC 17|EAC 15|Fort 3|Ref 1|Will 2

Korl braces himself against the winds, holding onto the tower for support

Fortitude: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Acquisitives

Female Android Ghost operative Lv.1 outlaw
Stats:
HP:10/10|SP:0/6|RP:4/4|EAC:13,KAC:13(AC VS CM:21)|Fort:0,Ref:5,Will:4|Init:+4|Perc:+4/SM:0|Speed 30FT|Active conditions- None|
Skills:
Acrobatics:+6,Athletics:+4,Computers:+6,culture:+6,Engineering:+6,Piloting: +7,slight of hand:+7,Stealth:+7.

Cashara tries to lay on the platform to minimize the forces against her as she grips the platform and supports.
for save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
Feeling herself slip she calls out for Korl

Grand Lodge

PbP Info 1 | PbP Info 2 | PbP Cons | PbP GM Kit | To Conquer the Dragon |

Cashara starts to lay down... but is pushed by the wind, and goes bouncing down the ladder--
1 damage
--and lands on her butt.
When she leaps back up, on her feet, she suddenly slips and--
--falls into one pf those elongated holes in the ground, that are like troughs.
Landing inside, standing up, Cashara is about to say something when--
--the sides snap shut around her!

Cashara reacts by trying to jump out!
must make a DC 13 Reflex save

Baròleg and Gogglez: must make a DC 10 Fortitude check

Fall Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
1 is bad: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk Solarian/1|SP 8/8|HP 13/13|RP 3/3|Init 1|KAC 17|EAC 15|Fort 3|Ref 1|Will 2

Seeing the android slip, Korl does his best to reach out and grab Cashara from her fall, leaving one hand still gripping the tower!

Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

A little bit post-event but still gotta try!

Acquisitives

Female Android Ghost operative Lv.1 outlaw
Stats:
HP:10/10|SP:0/6|RP:4/4|EAC:13,KAC:13(AC VS CM:21)|Fort:0,Ref:5,Will:4|Init:+4|Perc:+4/SM:0|Speed 30FT|Active conditions- None|
Skills:
Acrobatics:+6,Athletics:+4,Computers:+6,culture:+6,Engineering:+6,Piloting: +7,slight of hand:+7,Stealth:+7.

ref save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
really? Both times failed by 1?!?!

Grand Lodge

PbP Info 1 | PbP Info 2 | PbP Cons | PbP GM Kit | To Conquer the Dragon |

Cashara's angle of fall goes past Korl's outstretched hand... and thus she plummets without him being able to catch her.

Cashara falls into one of the strange holes, and its sides snap closed around her!
Cashara is knocked prone, and grappled... and realizes she is inside some sort trap.

I will wait for Baròleg and Gogglez to make their DC 10 Fortitude check
After they roll their saves, we will go to rounds:
Cashara - 1 SP ; Prone ; Grappled
Pyksi -3 SP
Baròleg
Croaker
Gogglez (5/8 HP) Treat Deadly Wounds used
Korl (11/13 HP) Treat Deadly Wounds used

Dataphiles

Male NG Ysoki Mechanic | HP 15/15 STAM 14/14 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | CMAC 23 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | | Resolve 5/5 | | Active conditions: Roboticist

fortitude save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Grand Lodge

PbP Info 1 | PbP Info 2 | PbP Cons | PbP GM Kit | To Conquer the Dragon |

If someone wants to roll the DC10 Fortitude for Baròleg?
(he has a +1)

301 to 350 of 511 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM SFS's 1-28: It Rests Beneath All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.