Shalm's Reign of Winter (Inactive)

Game Master JankInTheTank

RoW Maps and info


901 to 950 of 1,478 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

Male NG Halfling Arcanist (Elemental Master - Fire) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 14 T 14 FF 11 | CMB -2, CMD 11 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 2/6| Spells: 1st 1/5 | Active conditions: None.

Paldo tries the small key taken from the trolls pouch in the chest.


RoW maps

The key that Paldo tries does indeed fit the chest. inside you find:
a small iron coffer with 4 potions
a whole pile of jewelry, coinds and "ice quartz" gems. all together this massive pile of valuables totals 4,855 gp. likely significantly more money than some of you have seen in your life so far!

there is plenty of foodstuffs in the crates and barrels and you are able to eat a hardy meal and warm yourselves by a fire despite the blowing snow outside.

you post watches, but the nigth goes by peacefully. in the morning the snow is still falling thick, and much of the evidence of the fight the day before has been erased by snow.


Female Human (Ulfen), NG Arctic Druid (1), HP 9/9, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12/ CMB:+0/ CMD: 13/ Fort: +3/ Ref: +2/ Will: +5/ Ini +2 / Perception +7 / Speed 30 feet (Encumbered: 20 ft)/ Spells 1st 2/2/ Active conditions: none

Linge takes a look at the potions, seeing if she can identify them.

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Profession (herbalism): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Prepared spells, Level 2: Barkskin, Cat's grace

Given that the spear is heavy, she decides against taking her non-magical scimitar with her, leaving it in the cave.


RoW maps

the potions are all potions of feather step


Female Human (Ulfen), NG Arctic Druid (1), HP 9/9, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12/ CMB:+0/ CMD: 13/ Fort: +3/ Ref: +2/ Will: +5/ Ini +2 / Perception +7 / Speed 30 feet (Encumbered: 20 ft)/ Spells 1st 2/2/ Active conditions: none

"Great! That will help us move in heavy snow," Linge exclaims. "We should split them. You can go and have one, I'm more used to this weather than you," she suggests to her teammates at large.


Male NG Halfling Arcanist (Elemental Master - Fire) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 14 T 14 FF 11 | CMB -2, CMD 11 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 2/6| Spells: 1st 1/5 | Active conditions: None.

Paldo's eye's widen at the sight of such gems and riches"Wow..." he uttered.

The next thing to catch Paldo's eye is the food! "So much better than cold hard rations!" Paldo says as he eats until his belly is sore and has a deep slumber.


Female Human (Ulfen), NG Arctic Druid (1), HP 9/9, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12/ CMB:+0/ CMD: 13/ Fort: +3/ Ref: +2/ Will: +5/ Ini +2 / Perception +7 / Speed 30 feet (Encumbered: 20 ft)/ Spells 1st 2/2/ Active conditions: none

Also, I'm swapping Produce Flames for Magic Stones as a 1st level spell, and I'll use my last scroll to write a Cure Light Wounds spell (cost 12 gp) before going :)


Male LN Human Hunter 3 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 17 (15 13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMD: 20 18 (14 Fl) | F: +4, R: +9 +7, W: +3 | Init: +6 +4 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Animal Aspect: none | Active conditions: cat's grace

"It wouldn't be a bad idea to outfit ourselves with some cold weather gear. Snowshoes, furs, things like that. Though, I guess you probably don't find much of that here in Taldor. We can outfit ourselves after we go through."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Human (Ulfen) [ HP: 21/24 | AC: 17 (TAC: 11, FFAC: 16) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | Fort: +6, Ref: +2, Will: +3 | Init: +1 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +0 ] Skirnir Magus 3 [ Speed 20 ft | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Arcane Bond: 1/1 | Arcane Pool: 4/4 | Heavy Shield Bash +6/1d4+6 B; Shortspear +3/1d6+4 P; Battleaxe +6/1d8+4 S | Active conditions: none ]

In the morning, Sigrun quickly glances over her spellbook before stowing it in her pack and joining the others. Looking over at the potions as she pulls her armor and furs on, she muses, "This could make it easier to travel...but I think we should save them for emergencies. We can handle the snow when we're not trying to fight those tiny fey, or giants, or whatever else is going to emerge from this blizzard next." She's also momentarily blinded by the shinies in the chest, but shakes her head dismissively - not much use for those out here.

not changing spells...who knew Touch of Combustion could single-handedly end so many encounters...


RoW maps

speaking of emerging from the blizzard

the group wakes up the next morning and makes their preparations to leave. they move towards the portal, seeing a large ring of ice spears pointed out from the focus of the portal, still pouring out snow

from inside the swirl of snow, the group sees a figure. a large black horse emerges from the portal, a rider on its back. the rider is in black plate armor with a full helm sporting two large curved horns. the horse moves towards your group

what do you do?


Female Human (Ulfen), NG Arctic Druid (1), HP 9/9, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12/ CMB:+0/ CMD: 13/ Fort: +3/ Ref: +2/ Will: +5/ Ini +2 / Perception +7 / Speed 30 feet (Encumbered: 20 ft)/ Spells 1st 2/2/ Active conditions: none

For a brief instant, Linge thinks about ambushing the rider, but it soon becomes clear that he has seen the group already. Fearing that they have just encountered another ally of the feys, she brandishes her newly found spear, and calls out:

"Halt! Tell us who you are and dismount your horse!"

Horn keeps close to the druidess, showing his teeth and growling as he senses the situation becoming tense.

Intimidate (Horn): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Male NG Halfling Arcanist (Elemental Master - Fire) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 14 T 14 FF 11 | CMB -2, CMD 11 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 2/6| Spells: 1st 1/5 | Active conditions: None.

Paldo moves to the side, putting Horn between himself and the ominous figure. Paldo readies an action to cast Vanish if the creature turns hostile.


Male LG Human (Ulfen) Cleric 2/Slayer 1 | HP 21/23|AC 18 T 11 FF 17 |CMB +3 CMD 14 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +7| Init + 1 | Perc +11| Speed 20’ |Channel 3/4 | Spells 1st: 3/4| Active conditions: None | Special powers: Cold resistance 2, Sun's blessing +1 Touch of glory 6/6 Studied target, Track

Garran faces the newcomer, his shield ready, but with his other hand free for spell casting.. He waits for the ominous stranger’s answer to Linge’s challenge.


F Human (Ulfen) [ HP: 21/24 | AC: 17 (TAC: 11, FFAC: 16) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | Fort: +6, Ref: +2, Will: +3 | Init: +1 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +0 ] Skirnir Magus 3 [ Speed 20 ft | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Arcane Bond: 1/1 | Arcane Pool: 4/4 | Heavy Shield Bash +6/1d4+6 B; Shortspear +3/1d6+4 P; Battleaxe +6/1d8+4 S | Active conditions: none ]

Seeing the newcomer emerge from the portal, Sigrun readies her shield but nothing else. Their newest companion had come from the other side as well, after all...though this mounted figure didn't quite seem the same.


Male LN Human Hunter 3 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 17 (15 13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMD: 20 18 (14 Fl) | F: +4, R: +9 +7, W: +3 | Init: +6 +4 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Animal Aspect: none | Active conditions: cat's grace

Eladorns bow is in his hands and sighted on the new adversary almost as fast as the man appeared. "You are one and we are many; you have no chance. Stand down and explain yourself."


RoW maps

the rider does indeed halt to Linge's challenge. a voice comes booming from the rider, deep and powerful.

"do you stand with Elvhanna or against her?"


Female Human (Ulfen), NG Arctic Druid (1), HP 9/9, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12/ CMB:+0/ CMD: 13/ Fort: +3/ Ref: +2/ Will: +5/ Ini +2 / Perception +7 / Speed 30 feet (Encumbered: 20 ft)/ Spells 1st 2/2/ Active conditions: none

Taken aback, Linge glances over at her teammates, wondering if any of them had the slightest idea of who the rider was talking about. But now was no time to deflate after attempting to intimidate him.

"The Jadwiga are our enemy," she replies in a surprisingly firm tone for someone out of their depth.


Male LG Human (Ulfen) Cleric 2/Slayer 1 | HP 21/23|AC 18 T 11 FF 17 |CMB +3 CMD 14 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +7| Init + 1 | Perc +11| Speed 20’ |Channel 3/4 | Spells 1st: 3/4| Active conditions: None | Special powers: Cold resistance 2, Sun's blessing +1 Touch of glory 6/6 Studied target, Track

”Who is this Elvhanna that you speak of?” Garran demands. ”Is she responsible for this invasion of our homeland?” He watches the horn helmed knight closely, expecting sudden violence.


RoW maps

the armored knight visibly relaxes as you state that you are enemies of the Jadwiga.

"quickly, then. we have very little time. I must tell you..."

the figure grunts and tips sideways, falling right off of his horse, landing in the snow. he puts a hand to his head, as he sits up. the armor he is in shimmers slightly then dissolves falling away like smoke. now you see the figure is what looks like a human male of advanced age, looking quite weak and with blood staining his chest.


Female Human (Ulfen), NG Arctic Druid (1), HP 9/9, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12/ CMB:+0/ CMD: 13/ Fort: +3/ Ref: +2/ Will: +5/ Ini +2 / Perception +7 / Speed 30 feet (Encumbered: 20 ft)/ Spells 1st 2/2/ Active conditions: none

Her healer instincts kicking in, Linge puts her spear away and hurries to the rider's side. Otherworldly or not, he clearly needed help.

"Let me see your wound; I'm a healer. Who are you? How did you get hurt?"

Heal: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31


Male LN Human Hunter 3 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 17 (15 13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMD: 20 18 (14 Fl) | F: +4, R: +9 +7, W: +3 | Init: +6 +4 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Animal Aspect: none | Active conditions: cat's grace

Eladorn keeps an eye on the open portal as he addresses the old man. "Tell us what?"


RoW maps

"My wound is beyond your skill. it is too late for me, but I have much to tell you before I am done

you get a look at his chest. it looks like a spear of ice has been pierced through his chest. it is still there, lodged between his ribs, sticking out through his shirt.

"Once, a long time ago, I was known as Illarion Matveius. Now I am known as Black Midnight. I am Baba Yaga's Black Rider, harbinger of the Witch Queen's return"


Male LN Human Hunter 3 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 17 (15 13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMD: 20 18 (14 Fl) | F: +4, R: +9 +7, W: +3 | Init: +6 +4 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Animal Aspect: none | Active conditions: cat's grace

Eladorn's attention pivots to the wounded man entirely, his arrow keenly aimed at the man's head. "You said you were against Elvanna! What is this treachery?!"


Female Human (Ulfen), NG Arctic Druid (1), HP 9/9, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12/ CMB:+0/ CMD: 13/ Fort: +3/ Ref: +2/ Will: +5/ Ini +2 / Perception +7 / Speed 30 feet (Encumbered: 20 ft)/ Spells 1st 2/2/ Active conditions: none

"I don't think he's a traitor, Eladorn," Linge says calmly. "Someone stabbed him with a spear of ice. Let him talk."


Male NG Halfling Arcanist (Elemental Master - Fire) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 14 T 14 FF 11 | CMB -2, CMD 11 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 2/6| Spells: 1st 1/5 | Active conditions: None.

Paldo looks confused at all the names being thrown around. "Baba who now? Yes the man has a gaping wound in his chest, the least we can do is give him time to explain himself."


F Human (Ulfen) [ HP: 21/24 | AC: 17 (TAC: 11, FFAC: 16) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | Fort: +6, Ref: +2, Will: +3 | Init: +1 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +0 ] Skirnir Magus 3 [ Speed 20 ft | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Arcane Bond: 1/1 | Arcane Pool: 4/4 | Heavy Shield Bash +6/1d4+6 B; Shortspear +3/1d6+4 P; Battleaxe +6/1d8+4 S | Active conditions: none ]

lore (ulfen mythology): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Sigrun listens in silence at the back-and-forth between the rider and her companions, while thinking back to the stories she grew up with, in case they could possibly help her understand just what is going on here.


Male LN Human Hunter 3 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 17 (15 13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMD: 20 18 (14 Fl) | F: +4, R: +9 +7, W: +3 | Init: +6 +4 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Animal Aspect: none | Active conditions: cat's grace

"Baba Yaga is the ultimate ruler of Irrisen! It is she who placed Elvanna on the throne." Eladorn's arrow remains trained on the Black Rider, suspicion not allayed at all by Linge's admonition.


RoW maps

Sigrun:

as an Ulfen you know many stories of Baba Yaga, none of them pleasant. she is known to be a trickster, an evil witch with almost godlike power, and all-around bogeyman in stories told to young children to make them behave.

You know that she started the nation of Irrisen durign the Winter War, where she swept through the land with an army of trolls, giants, witches and monsters, pushing the human inhabitants of the region out. she then set up a new government run by her offspring, all powerful witches in their own right.

the man looks on calmly as the arrow is pointed at his face

"no need for that now, young man. I am already dying. this ice shard in my heart will end me soon enough, i have little to fear from your little arrow now..."

he looks to Paldo

"You have not heard of Baba Yaga? she is the mother of all witches. the first witch. the Plane-walker. she founded the country of Irrisen many years ago, bringing to pass the peaceful reign of the Jadwiga in a lawless and barbaric time.

Baba Yaga is the oldest and strongest living witch. she started the nation but did not stay to rule it. instead she put her daughter on the throne. then 100 years later she came back, taking her first daughter with her and leaving a second daughter on the throne. she has repeated this cycle exactly once every 100 years. her daughter Elvhanna is now the 8th daughter of Baba Yaga to sit the throne, and her time to be relieved has come.

however, this time something has gone wrong. My two siblings and I are harbingers of the return of the Witch Queen. we came to herald the Mother's return, but she did not follow. instead Elvhanna hunted us, killing Bright Morning and Red Sun. and now me.

Only one time in our history has a queen refused to give up her throne and return to the side of her Mother. that time there was a brutal war between Baba Yaga and her daughter, but the Mother was victorious. this time, Baba Yaga did not arrive.

Elvhanna has grown cruel and evil. she seeks to expand the borders of the winter nation beyond their markers, a move that has never been condoned by Baba Yaga. she is very strong, i believe only Baba Yaga herself can defeat Elvhanna and restore order. my mission was to find her and bring her back. I am unable to complete that call, so now i must pass it on to another


Male LG Human (Ulfen) Cleric 2/Slayer 1 | HP 21/23|AC 18 T 11 FF 17 |CMB +3 CMD 14 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +7| Init + 1 | Perc +11| Speed 20’ |Channel 3/4 | Spells 1st: 3/4| Active conditions: None | Special powers: Cold resistance 2, Sun's blessing +1 Touch of glory 6/6 Studied target, Track

Garran arches an eyebrow at the suggestion of Baba Yaga’s order. ”So there is rebellion in Irrisen... Might be a good thing. Except it seems the rebellion is already complete. So the new ruler turns her eye to other lands.” Garran strikes his own chest with a clenched fist. ”To stop this invasion has always been our goal.” The cleric fixes the old fellow with a stern gaze. ”But why should we choose one tyrant over another? How is the rule of Baba Yaga better than that of Elvhanna?”


Male NG Halfling Arcanist (Elemental Master - Fire) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 14 T 14 FF 11 | CMB -2, CMD 11 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 2/6| Spells: 1st 1/5 | Active conditions: None.

A chill runs down Paldo's spine, as the powers of which Black Midnight spoke sound immense. Pondering Garran's words Paldo added "Garran brings up a good point, perhaps Baba Yaga though never wanted to spread this winter from their boarders in the past and still wouldn't."

As Black midnight indicated passing on his quest to another while looking at Paldo, Paldo turned to look behind him to see who he was talking to...


Female Human (Ulfen), NG Arctic Druid (1), HP 9/9, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12/ CMB:+0/ CMD: 13/ Fort: +3/ Ref: +2/ Will: +5/ Ini +2 / Perception +7 / Speed 30 feet (Encumbered: 20 ft)/ Spells 1st 2/2/ Active conditions: none

"And how could we find Baba Yaga anyway?" Linge asks skeptically.


RoW maps

yes, rebellion has already occurred. I know it sounds strange to those not from our land, but the queen always takes the throne knowing her time is limited to exactly 100 years. to defy Baba Yaga and stay there after her time... it is the height of hubris.

in reply to Paldo
"this one is correct. Baba Yaga could have spread the reign of irrisen beyond its borders at any time in the last 800 years but she did not. she carved out a kingdom from the wasteland that was here before, but has no interest in conquering the world. You see her as evil perhaps, but she has been a fair and just ruler for a very long time. many see power and assume corruption, but Baba Yaga is what this land needs.

As far as finding her, we have a plan. in the event that something was ever to go wrong with Baba Yaga's return, my siblings and I were to meet her at one of her strongholds. a place known as Atrosia. it is a place of magical power but is quite remote. if you are willing to take up my mission, that is where you must go.

getting there is not easy, and the location is hidden. however, Baba Yaga has a method of traveling throughout the known universe. she can travel between nations and even planes instantly, using a magical hut known as the Dancing Hut. Queen Elvhanna captured the Hut and has it placed on display in her capital of Whitethrone. if you are able to get into whitethrone you can capture the Hut and use it to return to Atrosia.


Female Human (Ulfen), NG Arctic Druid (1), HP 9/9, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12/ CMB:+0/ CMD: 13/ Fort: +3/ Ref: +2/ Will: +5/ Ini +2 / Perception +7 / Speed 30 feet (Encumbered: 20 ft)/ Spells 1st 2/2/ Active conditions: none

Linge didn't feel like thanking Baba Yaga for not extending her land conquest beyond the borders of Irrisen just yet, but she definitely saw the urgency of putting an end to Elvhanna's rule somehow.

"This sounds incredibly dangerous, and quite desperate, but we'll do our best to stop Elvhanna," she promises. "You spoke of siblings. Does that mean they can help us?"


Male LN Human Hunter 3 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 17 (15 13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMD: 20 18 (14 Fl) | F: +4, R: +9 +7, W: +3 | Init: +6 +4 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Animal Aspect: none | Active conditions: cat's grace

"You call Irrisen a wasteland; it was never so!" Eladorn pipes up. "My people called it home long before Baby Yaga invaded, and drove out or enslaved the Linnorm Kings and Mammoth Lords who had thrived there for centuries." He snorts. "She's a vicious witch, and now you say we need to help her? She's what Irrisen needs?!?"

The Ulfen warrior seems unconvinced.


F Human (Ulfen) [ HP: 21/24 | AC: 17 (TAC: 11, FFAC: 16) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | Fort: +6, Ref: +2, Will: +3 | Init: +1 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +0 ] Skirnir Magus 3 [ Speed 20 ft | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Arcane Bond: 1/1 | Arcane Pool: 4/4 | Heavy Shield Bash +6/1d4+6 B; Shortspear +3/1d6+4 P; Battleaxe +6/1d8+4 S | Active conditions: none ]

Sigrun looks over at Eladorn, before speaking up. "I don't think there's much of a choice here. Baba Yaga may have done some horrible things to our lands and our people, but this Elvanna is trying to extend that to the entire world. It has to be stopped, one way or another. But..." looking back at the Black Rider, she asks, "I'm sure this Dancing Hut is going to be heavily guarded. What makes you think we can just go to the capital and grab it? Look at what happened to you, after all."


RoW maps

the man is clearly in a lot of pain, but takes his time answering each of you in turn.

"yes, i have two siblings. or had. I believe they are both dead now. there are always three heralds of Baba Yaga. we are of course not natural siblings, but we have been... changed... by our service to Baba Yaga. I know the queen has been hunting all three of us, but the rumor is that she has already captured or killed the others and has focused all of her efforts on finding me.

to Eladorn he says "perhaps that is all true. neither you nor I were there when Baba Yaga came to power. we both can only rely on the stories we were told, through their own biases. your people call the witches evil tyrants and usurpers. the witches consider your people to have been savage barbarians. both are likely wrong. but there is nothing that can be done about what happened hundreds of years ago. there is an immediate threat to the rest of the world, and it must be solved

he looks to Sigrun "yes, the hut will no doubt be guarded. you will likely need help to get to it. there are still those in Irrisen who resist the plots of the queen, they may aid you.

there is a reason the queen is trying so hard to kill me. the riders are able to contorl Baba Yaga's hut. I will pass my mantle on to you so that you may become the next Black Midnight. all you have to do is somehow sneak into the hut. it will recognize the Black Rider and will take you where you need to go. I am not saying it will be easy to get into the hut, but you are not known in Irrisen, perhaps that will allow you to get close.


Female Human (Ulfen), NG Arctic Druid (1), HP 9/9, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12/ CMB:+0/ CMD: 13/ Fort: +3/ Ref: +2/ Will: +5/ Ini +2 / Perception +7 / Speed 30 feet (Encumbered: 20 ft)/ Spells 1st 2/2/ Active conditions: none

"Thank you," Linge says, her tone still worried. Though they may need the Black Rider's mantle, it will also change them into moving targets, more likely to be spotted by Elvhanna's forces. "Won't our enemies be able to recognize us as the new Black Rider?"


Male LG Human (Ulfen) Cleric 2/Slayer 1 | HP 21/23|AC 18 T 11 FF 17 |CMB +3 CMD 14 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +7| Init + 1 | Perc +11| Speed 20’ |Channel 3/4 | Spells 1st: 3/4| Active conditions: None | Special powers: Cold resistance 2, Sun's blessing +1 Touch of glory 6/6 Studied target, Track

Garran had been about to say something; then linge asks her question. Garran stops to wait for Black Midnight's answer.


RoW maps

you will not become fully the Black Rider that you saw come through that portal. only Baba Yaga can complete that transformation into one of her heralds. perhaps, if it is something you want, she will give you the gift once this is all over.

Instead, by taking my mantle, you will receive some small measure of my powers and authority. you will be able to make yourself appear as a black rider when you wish, but you can just as easily wear it as a normal black cloak. or hide it in your bags if that is your wish.

You must be careful about who you reveal yourself to. some in Irrisen will aid and respect a Herald of Baba Yaga, but many who serve the current queen will hunt you if they know you have taken that role. it may be best to keep it secret until you reach the Hut.


Male LN Human Hunter 3 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 17 (15 13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMD: 20 18 (14 Fl) | F: +4, R: +9 +7, W: +3 | Init: +6 +4 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Animal Aspect: none | Active conditions: cat's grace

"Very well. The threat to the globe is greater than my concerns. I will accept your mantle."


Male LG Human (Ulfen) Cleric 2/Slayer 1 | HP 21/23|AC 18 T 11 FF 17 |CMB +3 CMD 14 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +7| Init + 1 | Perc +11| Speed 20’ |Channel 3/4 | Spells 1st: 3/4| Active conditions: None | Special powers: Cold resistance 2, Sun's blessing +1 Touch of glory 6/6 Studied target, Track

Garran nods. ”A recon mission it will be. We need to get a feel for the situation anyway.”


Female Human (Ulfen), NG Arctic Druid (1), HP 9/9, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12/ CMB:+0/ CMD: 13/ Fort: +3/ Ref: +2/ Will: +5/ Ini +2 / Perception +7 / Speed 30 feet (Encumbered: 20 ft)/ Spells 1st 2/2/ Active conditions: none

"We'll be very careful," Linge promises.


F Human (Ulfen) [ HP: 21/24 | AC: 17 (TAC: 11, FFAC: 16) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | Fort: +6, Ref: +2, Will: +3 | Init: +1 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +0 ] Skirnir Magus 3 [ Speed 20 ft | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Arcane Bond: 1/1 | Arcane Pool: 4/4 | Heavy Shield Bash +6/1d4+6 B; Shortspear +3/1d6+4 P; Battleaxe +6/1d8+4 S | Active conditions: none ]

Sigrun simply nods respectfully. She may not like this any more than Eladorn and the others, but she didn't see any other way out of this. And, besides, what a story it would be to take home...


Male NG Halfling Arcanist (Elemental Master - Fire) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 14 T 14 FF 11 | CMB -2, CMD 11 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 2/6| Spells: 1st 1/5 | Active conditions: None.

Paldo suddenly felt the weight of the task put in their hands. “Wow what a burden to put on us. And only having just met us! You mentioned people that would aid us, is that anyone in particular?”


RoW maps

"there are many in the country who do not blindly side with the witches. there have always been small groups apposed to the rulers of Irrisen. while usually Baba Yaga would not be an ally to those who seek to remove witches from power, at this time finding those who want to out Elvanna could be useful. Unfortunately Elvanna has had 100 years to solidify her position, and most of those still living in Whitethrone will be loyal to her.

he pulls out two small objects and hands them to Eladorn. "these two objects function as keys to the Dancing Hut. place them in the cauldron and the hut will take you to Atrosia. the objects are a braid of golden hair, and a small plague mask.

He places his hand on Eladorn's shoulder. "you will be the new Black Rider. this burden is heavy, but you will not carry it alone. all of you must work together to succeed, and any one of you will be able to wear the mantle.

he unclasps the cloak from his shoulders and hands it to Eladorn.


Male LN Human Hunter 3 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 17 (15 13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMD: 20 18 (14 Fl) | F: +4, R: +9 +7, W: +3 | Init: +6 +4 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Animal Aspect: none | Active conditions: cat's grace

Eladorn stiffens in shock, and emits a series of glottal noises as he tries to accept the honor--an honor he was only recently opposed to! "Uh.. eh.. th..."


Female Human (Ulfen), NG Arctic Druid (1), HP 9/9, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12/ CMB:+0/ CMD: 13/ Fort: +3/ Ref: +2/ Will: +5/ Ini +2 / Perception +7 / Speed 30 feet (Encumbered: 20 ft)/ Spells 1st 2/2/ Active conditions: none

"Eladorn doesn't have enough words to thank you," Linge says with a slight, amused smile.


Male LG Human (Ulfen) Cleric 2/Slayer 1 | HP 21/23|AC 18 T 11 FF 17 |CMB +3 CMD 14 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +7| Init + 1 | Perc +11| Speed 20’ |Channel 3/4 | Spells 1st: 3/4| Active conditions: None | Special powers: Cold resistance 2, Sun's blessing +1 Touch of glory 6/6 Studied target, Track

”More responsibility, than gift, I think...” Garran mutters.


F Human (Ulfen) [ HP: 21/24 | AC: 17 (TAC: 11, FFAC: 16) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | Fort: +6, Ref: +2, Will: +3 | Init: +1 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +0 ] Skirnir Magus 3 [ Speed 20 ft | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Arcane Bond: 1/1 | Arcane Pool: 4/4 | Heavy Shield Bash +6/1d4+6 B; Shortspear +3/1d6+4 P; Battleaxe +6/1d8+4 S | Active conditions: none ]

Like Linge, Sigrun can't help but grin at the turn of events. Still, the weight of what is to come is not lost on her - especially considering she'd nearly been tatzlwyrm lunch at the beginning of their journey. "We'll give our best to defeat Elvanna. I'm sure we can do it." Her promise sounds oddly confident, though at the same time as much reassuring herself as the dying herald before them.


RoW maps

the man smiles slightly as the group accepts his request.

Thank you... it is fortunate that I was able to run into you before I died. if you were not here there might have been no one left to carry this burden and save the world... funny how that works isn't it?

his breathing becomes ragged, and his condition is rapidly getting worse. it appears that the powers granted by the cloak were keeping him alive, and as soon as he handed it over he got much worse. he closes his eyes and in a matter of minutes is gone...

901 to 950 of 1,478 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shalm's Reign of Winter - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.