About Zendross Zil'Doren
Male high elf Dread 1
Melee Devastating Touch +3 1d6+1 20/x2
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 1st)
Dread: 7 (6 class +1 INT per level)
Acrobatics 1, Autohypnosis 1, Intimidate 1, Perception 1, Sense Motive 1, Spellcraft 1, Stealth 1
Languages Common, Elven
Power Points per day: 2 (1 class +1 cha)
Encumbrance Light Load ( of 33 lbs)
• DEVASTATING TOUCH (Su): A dread is able to channel psionic energy from fear and nightmares into a touch that causes pain. To use this ability, a dread must make a melee touch attack on a living target. If the attack hits, it deals 1d6 points of damage plus 1 point per class level.
• FEARSOME INSIGHT (Ex) : The dread's connection to the fears and the subconscious grows and she gains a greater understanding of the mental faculties which regulate fear. This translates into an insight bonus to Intimidate equal to half her class level (minimum +1).
• RUN (General): When running, you move five times your normal speed (if wearing medium, light, or no armor and carrying no more than a medium load) or four times your speed (if wearing heavy armor or carrying a heavy load). If you make a jump after a running start (see the Acrobatics skill description), you gain a +4 bonus on your Acrobatics check. While running, you retain your Dexterity bonus to your Armor Class.
• WEAPON FINESSE (Combat): With a light weapon, elven curve blade, rapier, whip, or spiked chain made for a creature of your size category, you may use your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier on attack rolls. If you carry a shield, its armor check penalty applies to your attack rolls. Natural weapons are considered light weapons.
• DREAMSPEAKER: A few elves have the ability to tap into the power of sleep, dreams, and prescient reverie. Elves with this racial trait add +1 to saving throw DCs for spells of the divination school and sleep effects they cast. In addition, elves with a Charisma of 15 or higher may use dream once per day as a spell-like ability (caster level is equal to the elf’s character level). This racial trait replaces the elven immunities racial trait.
• FLEET-FOOTED: While all elves are naturally lithe and agile, some also are naturally speedy and have a strong desire to rush into situations rather than worrying about looking ahead. Elves with this racial trait receive Run as a bonus feat and a +2 racial bonus on initiative checks. This racial trait replaces keen senses and weapon familiarity.
• SILENT HUNTER: Elves are renowned for their subtlety and skill. Elves with this racial trait reduce the penalty for using Stealth while moving by 5 and can make Stealth checks while running at a –20 penalty (this number includes the penalty reduction from this racial trait). This racial trait replaces elven magic.
10 Minute Questions:
Five background and concept elements important to Zendross
Zendross was born in a Vekesh enclave in Elfaivar. Showing promise at a young age, he began his training under the Vekesh mystics and skyseers.
Zendross' mother was abducted by foreign mecenaries. The loss of any high elf woman can be devastating to the community, but for Zendross it was particularly hard as they had been very close.
Consumed by his emotions of sorrow and loss, Zendross began to withdraw into the Dreaming. A small ember of anger burned within him though and his outrage grew and drew him to the Bleak Gate where he touched upon the darkness dwelling there. Somehow, he was able to pull himself away and return to the land but, having touched the other side of the veil, continued to have a connection, particularly to the nigtmares.
Although the mystics go out in the world to find and punish the transgressors and spy on nearby lands, Zendross was deemed to be too ruthless in his actions. He was sent away from the conclave due to the incompatibility of his thirst for vengeance and the Vekesh philosophy.
Zendross' search for any clue regarding his mother has been futile to date. He ended up in Risur, having lost his way and again falling into sorrow and loss. He lived like an automaton until he ran into a family being accosted by thugs. He barely registered the event until after the father was killed and the mother screamed. This reignited his rage and he came to their assistance, fending off the remaining thugs. He stayed with the mother and her teen son for several years, helping to keep the family business afloat until the son was able to take over. After this, he was able to put his life back in order, and decided to join the R.H.C. in hopes of learning different investigative skills and using their resources to attain further information.
Two goals that are important to Zendross
Two secrets about Zendross, one that he knows, and one that he not yet aware of
Four people that are tied to Zendross, three are friends and one is an enemy
Three memories, mannerisms or quirks Zendross possess