Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Wellards rescue attempt on RotRL

Game Master Wellard


1 to 50 of 2,434 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Taldor

Male variable 12th lvl Dm/5th level fanboy/3rd Lvl Pedant

Ok guys this is the rescue attempt on both of Joey's games.I'll post a Map of the Glassworks and we'll go from there.

Party is at point A18 the southeast doors at the top of the stairs leading down to the beach


M Brownin (Half Pale Skin/Half Dark Skin) Healer 8/Merchant 3

That's Great Wellard! Thanks for stepping up to the plate man!
But Arrrgh! What a Choice you leave me! How am i supposed to decide?? I like Both my Wild Druids as they are both very different in play style...
so Hmmm, maybe I'll leave it up to a vote?
Anyone who does switch over to this game...would you prefer a Big Hulking Agro WildDruid Shapeshifter or a Cute, Tiny (but still also savage) WildDruid shifter and animal lover?? Otherwise I will just wait to see what characters move on over to your combo game Wellard and choose which druid I use accordingly.

Hope to see y'all here!

PS How many people will you be accommodating W? (And Gal sure will miss Andrea's outfits! ;-)

Taldor

Male variable 12th lvl Dm/5th level fanboy/3rd Lvl Pedant

I reckon I can accept 6 .I have no idea how Aubrey manages to cope with 9 players in his thread but I've notice that it needed a good bit of beefing up from standard and that takes time I just don't have.

I'll be using the level bump method...that is I wont be awarding Xp but levelling you up at a point where I think it's deserved.

Andrea meanwhile has metamorphosed into a pathfinder beta style Wilderlands witch and will be making appearances in my game set there(where I already have a druid player otherwise I'd invite Gal there)

strange as it might seem my vote goes for cute but deadly Ali...don't ask me why


M Brownin (Half Pale Skin/Half Dark Skin) Healer 8/Merchant 3
Wellard wrote:


Andrea meanwhile has metamorphosed into a pathfinder beta style Wilderlands witch and will be making appearances in my game set there(where I already have a druid player otherwise I'd invite Gal there)
No Problemo :)

strange as it might seem my vote goes for cute but deadly Ali...don't ask me why

lol. You're probably just hoping she'll come across a river or lake real soon and decide it's 'Swim with No Skins!' time...which is Definitely a possibility ;-) But I'm rather fond of the little terror myself too :)

Andoran

I enjoyed Alisbett, of course that's the one I was playing with.

Taldor

Male variable 12th lvl Dm/5th level fanboy/3rd Lvl Pedant

Well that makes two...we need at least two more responses before I'll consider this reboot viable.


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

Welard, thank you for this I would love to continue.

Will we be combining with another group?

Taldor

Male variable 12th lvl Dm/5th level fanboy/3rd Lvl Pedant

yes I'm trying to get the interested parties from both of Joey's groups to play in one game..as there are only 7 players and some will have found other games and be at their pbp limit I'm hoping that a fusion can be found. It might make for an unbalanced party but hey thats half the fun of D&D...making disparate characters work towards a common goal


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Just need one more! =)

Taldor

Male variable 12th lvl Dm/5th level fanboy/3rd Lvl Pedant

I'll give it an other 48 hours and if we get no further takers then we are just going to have to write this one off to experience


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Maybe a post in Gamer connection? I think the problem may be that not all of the other players know..if they thought the post was canceled why would they keep checking it, no? Personally i'd be willing to try it even with just 3 of us...maybe with Andrea as an NPC?? Just throwing ideas out there. I put a lot into Ali and I's hate to lose her before she even really got to begin...

Taldor

Male variable 12th lvl Dm/5th level fanboy/3rd Lvl Pedant

ok I'll try gamer connections and then give it Another 48 hours(no..no.. not the one with Eddie Murphy and Nick Nolte)

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Sometimes) Gamer 10/ Writer 7/University Student 5.

So...freaking...tempted...

Ow! Okay, okay! You twisted my arm!

Unless someone from the previous games steps in, I'll sign up (yeah, I have a good attention spread - especially now one of my games is on hiatus).

I'd be willing to throw whatever the party needs more of into the game for party balance.

There is an obvious druid, so no real need for healer-types, so what does the party need?

Also, this is standard 3.5 rules, correct?

Taldor

Male variable 12th lvl Dm/5th level fanboy/3rd Lvl Pedant

Your on the list Fox..we have a Druid a Ranger and a Binder..so either an arcane caster or a roguish type would do(but hey play anything you want to play..I've no problems...just run any of the non core classes by me first)

Standard 3.5 rules apply (Stats on 4d6 discard lowest you can use IC or roll your own dice I'm not fussy in that regard and I trust my players)

I've decided that come hell or high water I'm restarting this on Friday evening my time(GMT)

Andoran

Are we restarting from the Glassworks or the beginning?

Taldor

Male variable 12th lvl Dm/5th level fanboy/3rd Lvl Pedant

From the Glassworks...no point in redoing whats been done already(unless you want to redo it of course..I am here to faciltate your enjoyment after all)


Wellard wrote:
From the Glassworks...no point in redoing whats been done already(unless you want to redo it of course..I am here to faciltate your enjoyment after all)

Let's go from the Glassowrks but we should have a quick synposis of the ranks before we do.


M Brownin (Half Pale Skin/Half Dark Skin) Healer 8/Merchant 3
Bill Lumberg wrote:
Wellard wrote:
From the Glassworks...no point in redoing whats been done already(unless you want to redo it of course..I am here to faciltate your enjoyment after all)
Let's go from the Glassowrks but we should have a quick synposis of the ranks before we do.

I concur. (oooh! Always wanted to use that word! Boy do I feel special! LMAO...just happy Ali gets to Live! ;-)

PS Ali is not Huge on the healing if a healer is what you wanted to play Psi Fox, but we def are short on Arcane might and roguish abilities (though I think Inikai can make up for Some of those, yes?)

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Sometimes) Gamer 10/ Writer 7/University Student 5.
Khaladon wrote:
Ali is not Huge on the healing if a healer is what you wanted to play Psi Fox, but we def are short on Arcane might and roguish abilities (though I think Inikai can make up for Some of those, yes?)

Assuming I get in, I'm contemplating a Spellthief (with levels in Sorcerer, probably), if Wellard doesn't have any objections.


M Brownin (Half Pale Skin/Half Dark Skin) Healer 8/Merchant 3
PsionicFox wrote:
Khaladon wrote:
Ali is not Huge on the healing if a healer is what you wanted to play Psi Fox, but we def are short on Arcane might and roguish abilities (though I think Inikai can make up for Some of those, yes?)
Assuming I get in, I'm contemplating a Spellthief (with levels in Sorcerer, probably), if Wellard doesn't have any objections.

Sounds perfect : )

Taldor

Male variable 12th lvl Dm/5th level fanboy/3rd Lvl Pedant

I'll do a plot resume when I get started...and fill in a few things that were missed out

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Sometimes) Gamer 10/ Writer 7/University Student 5.
Wellard wrote:
I'll do a plot resume when I get started...and fill in a few things that were missed out

Does that mean I'm in, and that the Spellthief is acceptable?

Andoran

PsionicFox wrote:
Wellard wrote:
I'll do a plot resume when I get started...and fill in a few things that were missed out
Does that mean I'm in, and that the Spellthief is acceptable?

I think so dude, I believe with you that gives us four players.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Sometimes) Gamer 10/ Writer 7/University Student 5.
Azoun The Sage wrote:
I think so dude, I believe with you that gives us four players.

Awesome - I guess that means I'll start building him then!

Taldor

Male variable 12th lvl Dm/5th level fanboy/3rd Lvl Pedant

No problem PsiFox..your in ..and I'll do a quick plot rundown before we get started. The party dynamic should be interestiong..three non standard characters out of four.

As an addition...there are a number of feats in the RotRL players guide. You may each have one of these for free.Muchorak already has one so he can pick a standard feat instead


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

So I get another Feat?? I think I already have the Max, One for First Level, One for Race, and One Free from the RoTRL Players Guide? But if I get another one I will!

Taldor

Male variable 12th lvl Dm/5th level fanboy/3rd Lvl Pedant
Muchorak 'Windstriker' wrote:
So I get another Feat?? I think I already have the Max, One for First Level, One for Race, and One Free from the RoTRL Players Guide? But if I get another one I will!

agggh..sorry I miscounted...no you have the right number..sorry about the confusion(I'm working nights just now and it throws me a little)

Taldor

Male variable 12th lvl Dm/5th level fanboy/3rd Lvl Pedant

There is a ripple in the Multiverse and our story begins....

It is the start of Autumn of the year 4708 and our heroes have come come to the town of Sandpoint to celebrate the Swallowtail Festival. The town was using the Festival to dedicate it's new Cathedral...built after the previous one burnt down some 5 years before but the ceremonies were disrupted by a raid by a large number of goblins.

Our heroes,Muchorak of the Tamiir-Quah a Shoanti Ranger, Inaki a Native of Sandpoint with the power to bind Spirits, Alisebett a cute but deadly Gnome Shapeshifter and a number of others helped to fight off the Incursion and are now Acknowleged as the Heroes of Sandpoint(though a few dissenters can be heaerd amongst the general acclimation.

One incidents of note during the raid was the rescue of a visiting Noble man Aldern Foxglove,who has aqquired an obsession akin to hero worship with Muchorak (note this not a sexual attraction.) You have been on a boar hunt with him and he has hosted you to dinner

One other incident of note was the discovery of the theft from the graveyard of the bones of the late father Tobyn, who had perished in the destruction of the previous Cathedral along with his adopted daughter Nualia a girl of almost unearthly beauty. The heroes were unable to track the thieves but have been advised by Shalelu Andosana an Elven Ranger that they probably took the bones back to their fortress at a place called Thistletop. Whilst pondering thier next move they were approached by a Halfling Woman Bethana Corwin who works at the Rusty Dragon Inn which is the largest in town..She asked for the heroes aid as her employer Amieko Kaijutsu has gone missing. Clues lead the party to the door of the local glassworks where Amieko was supposed to meet her half brother Tsutso. The building is owned by the Kaijutsu family.

The three of you stand outside a door at the top of a steep stairway leading down to the beach(obviously where the glassworks gets its sand)as shrieks and cries come from within...but seem to be akin to excited children rather than cries of pain...these noises are punctuated by the sound of breaking glass.

A small crowd of onlookers has gathered and a couple of the town watch are looking idly in your direction. One figure detatches itself from the crowd and approaches you(Psi Fox that's you)


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

Muchorak looks at the gathering crowd then to his two companions, "Perhaps we should advise this group to gather the gaurd before we enter? Or at least to disperse?"


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8
Muchorak 'Windstriker' wrote:
Muchorak looks at the gathering crowd then to his two companions, "Perhaps we should advise this group to gather the gaurd before we enter? Or at least to disperse?"

"Most of them will probably loiter here in the hopes of seeing a spectacle. Even if they disperse most will come back soon enough. But we should get them out of harm's way."

To the crowd:"Fetch the guards before there is much bloodshed!."

Welard:

Spoiler:
I saw that we can take background feats from the Runelords guidebook. I took city-born and adjusted Inikai's statistics. Let me know if this is okay.


As the two men speak, a young Varisian man joins them. "Good morrow, friends." He says, his movements graceful and sure. "I understand you are heroes in this town, yes? Am I right in saying that there have been a number of goblin attacks here?" He asks, including the three gathered before him with his question, his voice thick with a Varisian accent.

As he speaks, he tilts his head to the side, like he is listening. "What goes on within this place? Perhaps there are more goblins about? I would dearly love to pay them back for what they did to my sister!" He says, sounding more joyful than concerned.

"But of course, I am being rude!" He chides himself, "I am Jael. Acrobat and storyteller at your service!" He says, giving an impossibly low, flamboyant bow.

Jael is completed, and ready to rock. For description sake, assume he's carrying his weapons and armor. Also, Wellard, I made some assumptions as to why he's there (I think it makes sense), and tried to give him some kind of hook to dislike goblins.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

Whoo-hoo! I'm truly happy to be back in action here. Thanks so much Wellard. BTW is This our game thread now and we will have another OOC one? Or how will it work best? Oh, and we are still playing 3.5 as opposed to Pathfinder Beta, right? (either is good for me btw)

Ali looks the newcomer up and down. She is not sure of her feelings on him yet, something smells a bit strange, but she is amused by his way of speaking even if his accent makes it even harder than normal for her to understand it all.

She looks at him and says "Yes, Goblins inside!" She turns to BigBear and pulls on his shirt "We go killem now yes yes?!" and she looks to the glass factory and growls a bit...which seems a bit strange coming out of this tiny little beauty when she's not in her wolf form


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

Muchorak looks down at Wolf Spirit, "Yes if we can pursuade the door to open." Muchorak looks to the Varisian, "Perhaps you have the key to this place?"

Taldor

Male variable 12th lvl Dm/5th level fanboy/3rd Lvl Pedant

Ok lets get this show on the road...the OOC thread is now up here. PF..your background seems fine to me and the if that hook gives you that little bit more desire to kick ass that's great. Inikai..the new feat is ok and having a native born Magnimarian might be useful later on. ALi ..yes it's still 3.5..for this chapter at least..we might convert after Burnt Offerings but that will be a group decision

Bertha who is standing just behind you grimaces at the sounds coming from within.

"Please, Amieko might be in great danger...I don't know what's going on in there but it sounds simply awful..please, please you must hurry who knows what is happening to her"

At Inikais order one of the watchmen lopes of towards the Barracks and the other begins to move the crowd away

"Ok people move along..nothing to see here"

Needless to say no-one in the crowd actually believes this.


"But of course milady." He says to the distraught woman as he gives an odd look at the little gnome, having never seen one so...wild.
"The key?" Jael asks, absentmindedly. "No. But I am skilled at 'persuasion', one could say." He says, as a set of spindly metal tools appear in his hands and he tries his luck with the door.

Open Lock. (1d20+7=22)

Could have been worse - we'll see how that goes...

Taldor

Male variable 12th lvl Dm/5th level fanboy/3rd Lvl Pedant

Under Jael's gentle persuasion the door opens easily revealing a stone lined passageway leading into the heart of the building. Slightly off set and almost opposite the entrance is a second set of double doors. The sounds are louder now and seem to have an distinct echoing quality to them. They originate behind that second set of doors

what you can see


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

Muchorak unsheathes his Longsword and steps in, listening (D20= 14+4= 18) for a direction to the noise.


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8
Wellard wrote:

Under Jael's gentle persuasion the door opens easily revealing a stone lined passageway leading into the heart of the building. Slightly off set and almost opposite the entrance is a second set of double doors. The sounds are louder now and seem to have an distinct echoing quality to them. They originate behind that second set of doors

what you can see

Inikai points to the double doors opposite the ones they came through then looks to see if the others agree or not.


Female Forest Gnome Wild Druid / 9| G AC17, W AC18 H AC17 DW AC21; HP 81/81, CMD 21, F/R/W 10/10/6 **, Percep +11 Low-light & Scent, Init +7

(Paizo ate my Post! Grrrr.)

As soon as the doors open the tiny Gnome will issue a large sized vicious growl that sounds strange coming from her small form "Goblins!"

She starts running inside towards the second set of doors where the sound is coming from shifting on the fly. She is moving very fast (and if those 2nd doors are also locked they will either have to break or we will have one bruised and slightly embarrassed wolf on our hands)

Do you need any rolls for Ali Wellard?

Taldor

Male variable 12th lvl Dm/5th level fanboy/3rd Lvl Pedant

Fortunately for our little wolfs dignity the doors are not locked. |Ali busrts through the door to find herself in a large room lit with the glow of a hi=uge furnace. no fewer than 8 goblins are cavorting in here...the are indulging in an orgy of glass breaking but more horrible than that are the 8 still forms on the floor some partly covered in hardening glass.

[/ooc]Map coming tomorrow AM for me...have to run to work Paizo swallowed my posts earlier[/ooc]


The door unlocked, Jael's gear vanishes much like it appeared. Moving inside with the others, Jael crosses the empty room in a low crouch, drawing the shortsword strapped to his right leg as he does so.

When he claps his eyes on the goblins, Jael's knuckles tighten on his sword. "Come then, little monsters, let us dance!" He hisses, barely loud enough for the heroes to hear.


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

Inikai readies his morning star and positions himself so that he is close to only one goblin, if possible.

Welard:

Spoiler:
If anything gets close enough to melee with Inikai he will activate Aym's fire aura. Even without it he has Fire Resistance 15 and his attacks cause double damage to objects.

Spot check to see if anything else is amiss here: 10.


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

Muchorak joins the others through the second set of double doors in the furnace room, his sword at the ready and eager for more Goblin blood.

(Init D20= 8+3=11)

Taldor

Male variable 12th lvl Dm/5th level fanboy/3rd Lvl Pedant

expanded map

The goblins freeze as you burst into the room behind Ali

You have surprised the goblins who could not hear you over the sound of the furnaces...take an action and then we will apply initiative(post your initiative with your surprise round post. The goblins are scattered throughout the room but each of you can reach one in a normal round of movement

Normally Im not bothered about people posting in strict initiative order (not at this level anyway)..at the end of each round I will do a round up post and deal with the parties results as a whole


Male Human Ranger 10// AC 19 (20 w/2 weap), FF 16, T 15 // HP 109/109 // Percept +14 (+18 Forests/+16 Mtns) // Init +3 (+7 Forests/+5 Mtns)

Muchorak proceeds to the nearest Goblin, Dodge will be against this adversary unless he slays it, if creature is slain then Dodge against first aggressor his way. Muchorak swings his Longsword attempting to end the creatures glee, (D20= 12+3= 15 to hit, dmg D8= 3+2=5)


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

Inikai swings his morning star at the head of the nearest goblin.

Attack roll: 12

Initiative for next round: 24.

Taldor

Male variable 12th lvl Dm/5th level fanboy/3rd Lvl Pedant

ok Current initiatives for round one are

Inaki 24
Murchorak 11
Ali still to post surprise round
Jael still to post surprise round
Goblins 8

looks like you really caught the gobbos on the back foot


Initiative Roll. (1d20+3=6) Man! IC hates me!

Moving up alongside his companions, Jael finds the nearest target not already under assault, and takes advantage of the slow wits possessed by the little creatures.

Attack. (1d20+3=21)
Damage (Including sneak attack bonus). (2d6+1=10)

At least I came close to killing one (I hope).

Taldor

Male variable 12th lvl Dm/5th level fanboy/3rd Lvl Pedant

Current initiatives for round one are

Inaki 24
Murchorak 11
Ali still to post surprise round
Goblins 8
Jael 6


Male Human Binder 11 |Init +7 |HP 68/102 |AC 19 FF 16 T 13| CMD +8 | F+10 R+10 W+9 Percep +8

Inikai sees that the goblin has not recovered from its surprise and presses his attack. He swings his morining star in an overhead fashion at the back of the goblin's head.

Natural 20!

Confrimation roll, if needed: 4Humph!

Damage:6

1 to 50 of 2,434 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Wellards rescue attempt on RotRL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.