Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Stephens Serpents Skull Campaign - Chp1:The Smugglers Shiv (Inactive)

Game Master terok

With the defeat of the dark Dryad and surviving many of the islands others challenges, the party is well on their way to becoming the Shiv's masters...only Ieana stands in their way...


701 to 750 of 3,325 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5

Aedalis nods as he places a hand upon the younger mans shoulder, apparently concentrating intensely, shutting his eyes and whispering. Corbius can feel something tangible yet invisible forming around him as Aedalis finishes his whispering, his voice rising in volume as he finishes what sounds like a prayer.

And may Shyka the Many watch over you.

Mechanical Effect:

Corbius receives +2 deflection to AC (all types, as well as CMD) and a +2 resistance bonus to saving throws, until he is either hit by an attack or fails a saving throw.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

To be a little clearer, Anton is suggesting that if any of the newcomers or castaways with armor would like to use Nora's heavier chainmail and give Jask their lighter armor, then that would be an improvement for two people; otherwise Jask should have the chainmail if he wants it. In fact, if Aerys and someone with a chain shirt both want an upgrade, then the other could take Nora's chainmail, Aerys could take their chain shirt, and Jask could have her studded leather; then three people would be safer than yesterday.

To Tragershen: "Of course. I would recommend the same to either of you," gesturing at the newcomers, "if you don't have a slashing weapon. There's still one of Nora's daggers left for whoever needs it."

To Nim: "If nothing happens, how about we prepare ranged weapons while I scout ahead? Maybe we'll get lucky and it's just the creeper."

To Aedalis: "Hmm.. I would say that I'm seeking neither escape nor homesteading, though I do want to be comfortable while I'm here, looking for the rumored Azlanti ruins that I came to find. Once I've got what I came for, then I'll find a way to leave; but I'm not even looking for one yet."


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Flextime: talking to Nim about clubs and daggers

"By the way, can you use either of these scrolls?" Anton shows the scrolls of bless and lesser restoration that they'd found in the wreckage of the Golden Bow. "I only learned some of Nora's practical techniques from helping her, not a lick of magic, and I don't want them to go to waste."

Flextime: talking about Nora's stuff

At Nim's words, Anton tries on the masterwork backpack that Nora inherited from Larissia.. and it doesn't work at all. The straps are too long and in the wrong places, and it's just plain too big, hitting his calves. The sight is so comical that he feels embarrassed for even trying. "Dangit," he mutters. "She had the soul of a halfling, and I still forget sometimes that she wasn't one."


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Mihai's hands tighten around the haft of his club and he stilled his mind, casting a silent thought to his patron. Let fate not make us fall


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Flextime with Anton
Nim looks at the two rolls of parchment.I am unfamiliar with these incantations. I would need to refocus my energies when I meditate next to decipher them. Even then, my ability to complete the casting would likely be insufficient to activate the energies contained within the writings. Perhaps you could check with Mihai. I suspect he might be more in tune with this type of magic.

Current timeline:
Nim glances at Aedalis and Anton. Everyone is here for their own reasons, and everyone has differing ideas and priorities for their future here on the island. The mission of the late Pathfinder to explore the ruins may have brought most of us here, and some of us may strive to complete that endeavour still, but most I suspect are just looking to get off the island.

Nim responds to Anton's suggestion by raising his spear. I have my ranged weapon right here.

I am not sure about you getting too far from us and too close to whatever lies within the ruins. Taking a moment to reflect he adds a warning, The creeper, being a intelligent plant in tune with the world in ways you cannot predict, may possess the ability to sense your presence without have to see or hear you. I would urge extreme caution...


HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5

You were part of a Pathfinder expedition? I may be of some assistance after all then. I was often outsourced by the Pathfinders to supplement their own scholars.


Slammed at work today..post coming later tonight. Let me know how close you plan to be to the building when you cast the summon.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Yes. The Pathfinder, our employer, was here on the island to locate some "important lost Azlanti ruin" as she put it. I am sure that the society would still pay handsomely for any information we can gather about the existence, or non existence, of such a place here... but that is a conversation for later. We should focus on the task at hand for the moment.

Nim scans the surrounding area again. The last time we were here... things... went very badly for us...

Noticing Corbious and his dagger, Nim adds, Perhaps you should have brought one of the axes we found.

I would say max range... (30' from the entry) :)

Hoping the natural instincts of the centipede will draw it into the darkened interior of the ruins.


The group moves up near the entrance to the ruined building. There seems to be only one clear way in, up the stairs.
You start your summoning bringing in the giant centipede. You give it an order to move and attack and it shuffles straight forward looking around. It arches back and then seems to be fighting something inside the building...that is when a load shriek is let out and you can hear the fighting of the centipede and something else within the building.

Ruined Bldg Battle Re-do Rnd 1

DM Only:

initiative strings:
Nim/Wic 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Anton 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Mihai 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
Tragershen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Corbrius 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Aedalis 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Plant Zombies 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
Yellow Musk Creeper 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Order of Combat Round 1:
Nim 21a
Wic 21b
Centipede 21c
Tragershen 18
???? 17a
????? 17b
Anton 14
Corbrius 11
Aedalis 5a
Mihai 5b

Nim/Wic are up, you can't see inside the building or what the centipede is fighting but go ahead and roll its attack, last round it is here.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Round 1

Centipede attack w/bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1 plus poison (DC13, 1d3 dex)

Round 2 attack if needed::

Centipede attack w/bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2 plus poison (DC13, 1d3 dex)

Round 2

Nim urges Wicewakan forward as he draws his shield and moves cautiously up the stairs swift + double move action to I 14, veering to the left and heading for the gap in the wall. Wicewakan, just ahead of Nim move action to I 13 sniffs the air trying to catch the scent of any threats. use scent: move action to determine direction if successful

Current status:
Nim -- AC: 16 HP: 21 of 21
Wicewakan -- AC: 14 HP: 25 of 25

Summon Nature's Ally (centipede): expires round "3"


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

At the shriek and sound of fighting, Anton clutches Nora's dagger like a ward against evil; remembering the last battle here, he's determined to take his revenge.

Round 1 @ Init 14:
Anton hustles to keep up with Nim, doing the best he can on his short legs. Double move to J15 -- unless it's difficult terrain, in which case K15.


Elven Wizard 5 HPs 27/27 AC 18 FF 14 T 14 CMD 16 Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +4 Init +4 Per +7

Tragershen will cast Mage Armor on himself and move to K14.


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Mihai touches hand to his chest where the harrow cards are stored and follows Tragershen towards the ruins.

Move action to L,13 then total defense for +4 AC
15/15 HP, AC 18


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Upon hearing Nim's comments about his dagger Corbius glances at his weapon and looks back up a smile on his face. Not to worry Nim I have got a surprise with this dagger

Round 1

Corbius dashes forward to a better vantage point. Double Move action to I15 As he dashes forward his dagger seems to glow momentarily. Swift action Enhance Blade +1

AC 18+2=20
HP 16
Arcane Pool 3/4
Enhanced blade until round 11


Just Aedalis to post to close out the round.


HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5

Sorry gang- for some reason none of the past five posts or so came up on my campaigns tab. Terok you know your feel to nudge me on MSN if this happens again but i'll set up an RSS feed for this game too if the technical problem persists...

Aedalis quietly casts a spell on himself and moves to K15, Tilsini walking beside his feet all the way, the tiny dinosaur looking around nervously.

Spellcraft DC16:

The spell cast was Mage Armour.


DM Only:

Snake plant Zombie conversion (Viper): 3d8+5HP=18hp 1d6 attack at +2, AC:15

Order of Combat Round 2:
Nim 21a
Wic 21b
Centipede 21c
Tragershen 18
???? 17a
????? 17b
Anton 14
Corbrius 11
Aedalis 5a
Mihai 5b

You are in a vine covered corridor, just ahead of you is some type of open chamber in which the roof must be open. Unfortunately, none of you can see into the building or room yet as the walls are intact enough to block the view until you move down the corridor either way. The centipede still seems to be fighting something.

Battle for the ruins: Re-do Round 2

No peaking until you move into the building please.

If you move far enough forward to see into the main chamber:

The scene in this chamber is nightmarish. You see bones, both animal and human littering the room making it hard to move around in this chamber rough terrain . Two pools of water feed the plants within this room. 15 feet ahead of you, F10, is another plant zombie. This used to be a snake before the Creeper took it. To the east another once humanoid looking plant zombie fights with the centipede.
What really draws your eyes though is the Creeper itself. A bloated, dripping mass of vines with some type of central...pod? It pulsates and quivers, making it obvious that it not a natural thing as the vines around it jerk with slight movements giving it the appearance of a mound of snakes!

Map with creatures Rnd 2


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Finally got around to updating my gear, and it turns out I need to make some more changes.

Aedalis Omathi:
Flextime: back at camp, getting ready to move out

Anton re-packs his gear several times, his small backpack overflowing, and scowls. Then he looks around, brightening when he spots your gear. The overly-equipped halfling approaches, smiling. "Say, I see that you have a lantern. I have some oil and sunrods that I don't need any more -- since I'm using Larissia's wayfinder -- and I don't have room for it all anyway. They're yours if you want them. Please!" He shows you four flasks of oil and three sunrods, all in good condition.

"Oh!" He starts as if remembering something suddenly, then pulls out four tindertwigs from his pockets. "That's right, I also have these, in case I ever needed to light up a swarm of stinging bugs or biting rats or something. They go with the oil."


Elven Wizard 5 HPs 27/27 AC 18 FF 14 T 14 CMD 16 Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +4 Init +4 Per +7

Tragershen will delay, letting some of those ahead of him get further along.


HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5

Flextime, Anton Green:

Aedalis shrugs and seems to scowl for a moment at the Wayfinder before regaining his composure, the middle aged man looking suddenly tired and displaying little of his initial vigor.

I have oil enough for this particular lantern, thank you; it doesn't use oil as fuel. I will however, gladly take the sunrods off your hands. I wasn't exactly brawny even in my youth and I try to travel light, you understand.

Round 2 Action-

Aedalis concentrates intensely, sifting almost blindly through the flow of time and fate with his minds eye, seeking out the dozens if not hundreds of different outcomes that might come of Corbius' next few seconds in the ruins- and attempting to bring into reality the most positive outcome he can muster. He maintains his focus on his attempt to bestow good fortune on Corbius as he steps a little closer to the front lines.

I don't really like the idea of Aedalis cackling, and i've re-fluffed both his Fortune ability, to fit in with his patron, and the Cackle, to represent incredible focus on the abilities his patron grants him.

Actions this round- Fortune on Corbius (Who may re-roll a single D20 roll of your choice this round (only after Aedalis' action unfortunately so probably an AOO or Saving Throw only)), Cackle (Corbius may do it next round too), 5 foot step north (assuming Anton moves up, if not, disregard).


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Round 2
Nim continue towards the gap in the wall, hoping to catch a glimpse of the interior of the ruins. move actions to I 11 As he reaches the opening Nim calls out to the others, Another zombie here plus the creeper in the far back corner! Nim orders Wic to attack... Handle animal check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 ...before hurtling his spear at the nearest zombie. standard action attack w/spear: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Wicewakan responds my rushing into the ruins move action to G 10 and biting at the zombie, trying to pull it down... standard action attack w/bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 free trip attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

The summoned centipede continues to struggle with the zombie before it. attack posted previously above

Current status:
Nim -- AC: 16 HP: 21 of 21
Wicewakan -- AC: 14 HP: 24 of 24

Summon Nature's Ally (centipede): expires round 3


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Round 2, Init 14

Hearing that the creeper itself in there, and watching Wicewakan rush past where he could see, Anton hustles past Nim into the ruins. Double move to H-11.

Current status:
AC 20, hp 18/18


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Just waiting on the wee beasties:)


Sorry not sure why I thought I was waiting on you guys...

The once snake lashes out at Wic as it moves up to attack
set off readied action bite atk 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 dam 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Miss

As Nim watches the battle unfold he doesn't notice a small vine rears up near him...a small puff of pollen sprays in his face...
ranged touch atk 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 Hit

Nim:

DC 14 Willpower save or entranced. Each round you will move your normal movement to the creeper if you fail.

The other humanoid Zombie strikes at the centipede
slam atk 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 dam 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Miss


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Round 2: 15/15 HP, AC 14, Bit o' Luck: 5/6

Mihai follows the rest of the party into the ruins, pausing in the corridor to call upon his patron "Sinashakti, unfurl the threads of fate" gesturing at Anton as he speaks.

Move to I,13; Standard to apply Bit o' Luck to Anton through the Caravan Bond
For the next round, roll all d20s twice and take the better result.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

DM:
Will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 Is this another yellow musk creeper then? Location?


BTW the vine near Nim is just fluff for its ranged touch attack, just wanted to make sure no one thinks that there is two of them.


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Seeing Nim hurl his spear at something inside the ruins Corbius rushes to assist. Double move to G9.


AC 18+2=20
HP 16/16
Arcane Pool 3/4
Enchanted blade +1 till round 11
Fortune till round 3
+2 to AC,CMD,Saving throws until fail one


Just Tragershen to go.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

As Tragershen's action is unlikely to affect Nim's...

Round 3

The centipede having done what it was summoned to do, in the time it was allotted, burrows back into the earth whence it came...

Nim draws his scimitar as he picks his way through the debris to join Wicewakan in battle move action (combined with draw weapon) to G 9 swinging his sword in a deadly arc at the zombie snake...
standard action attack w/scimitar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 CRIT THREAT
CRIT CONFIRM ROLL: standard action attack w/scimitar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
...landing a solid blow!

We must kill the creeper quickly! Before its pollen can turn us into more of these!

If Nim's attack does not kill the zombie then Wice will attack the snake... if Nim kills the zombie, Wice will attack the creeper intead.

Realizing it cannot hope to trip a snake, Wicewakan bites once more trying to rip a piece of it free...
standard action attack w/bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
...and succeeds in pulling off a hunk of... flesh?

free trip attack against creeper if needed: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Current status:
Nim -- AC: 16 HP: 21 of 21
Wicewakan -- AC: 14 HP: 24 of 24

Summon Nature's Ally (centipede): expired


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Sorry, I just realized that Nim cannot make it to G 9 due to the difficult terrain. Please change Nim's move to G 11 instead. Thanks.


Elven Wizard 5 HPs 27/27 AC 18 FF 14 T 14 CMD 16 Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +4 Init +4 Per +7

Tragershen will double move to I11, racing after his bold companions.

Edit: Just realized the difficult terrain doesn't apply to the outside area, so he could make it to H8.

Armor Class 17, hit points 12/12, Mage Armor.


We can retcon if needed due to T.'s action, but wanted to get the action and map up.

As the rest of the group moves up, Nim and his wolf team up to devastate the once snake...it drops to the ground in a squelching mess.

Another vine reaches out and tries to again spray Nim in the face...and catches him directly in the face!
Ranged Touch atk 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Nim:

Due to the 20, the DC on the save is at +2 for a 16 DC willpower save.

The Creeper lets out an odd shriek and the other plant Zombie moves to F11, causing an AOO from Nim.

Battle for the Ruins Re-do Rnd 3


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Nim's sword swings out in a powerful back stroke as the other zombie tries to move past...
AoO attack w/scimitar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
...slashing it across the chest. I think. :)

Nim is rewarded for his effort with another blast of pollen in the face...

DM:
Will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Anton considers all of his options. Hard to hit with Nim in the way.. Hard to hit at this distance with Wice in the way.. Would take awhile to load the sling staff, and then someone would be dancing around with the creeper.. Moving directly past Wice would take me too close to the zombie, possibly leaving me open to attack -- and without getting it or the creeper closer to dead.. @#$% it, I'll just do what I can.

Anton drops Nora's dagger to the ground with a muttered curse and draws his long hammer/spear while shifting away from Nim to Wicewakan, then pivots and throws all of his strength into a single strike against the remaining plant zombie.

Drop weapon, move to H10 and draw weapon.
Power attack with lucerne hammer: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 - 1 = 10
Bit o' Luck: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 - 1 = 20
.. for 1d10 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 3 = 5 damage.
Unbelievable. I choose a feat for exactly this situation, and immediately roll a 1 for damage. ":(" doesn't even begin to express it.


HP 39/30, AC- 11 (15 MA) T- 11 FF- 10 (14MA), CMD- 12, F +6, R +4, W +7, P +7, In +5

Aedalis maintains his focus on his abilities while moving closer to the battle in a relaxed, meandering fashion.

As far as I can move towards the action with a single move without putting me within 5 feet of melee. +1 to the duration of Corbius' fortune.


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Corbius spurred on by Nim's words moves forward to attack the creeper hoping that Nim and wic can handle the other zombie. I cannot seem to get the song meet the creeper out my head:) Move action to E8 Moving forward Corbius intones words of power under his breath as the crackle of electricity seems to buzz around him and he lashes out at the creeper with his dagger. Cast shocking grasp as standard action drawing an AOO Spellstrike with Dagger with Fortune 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Fortune for attack roll 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 Shocking Grasp damage 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6 total damage 12

Concentration Check if required from AOO:
1d20 + 2 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 3 + 2 = 23 if fails no shocking grasp damage

AC 18+2=20
HP 16/16
Arcane Pool 3/4
Enchanted blade +1 till round 11
Fortune till round 3
+2 to AC,CMD,Saving throws until fail one


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Round 3: 15/15 HP, AC 14, Bit o' Luck: 4/6

Mihai moves closer to the conflict, eyes widening slightly with what he sees. His left hand cradling his holy symbol, he calls upon the Walker to guide the actions of his fellows.

Move to I,10; Bit o' Luck on Anton again


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Flextime, Aedalis Omathi:
Anton looks a bit confused. "Oh! Okay. Glad I had something you could use."

Flextime, back at camp after Anton talks to Aedalis and maybe you see Anton give him some sunrods:

Anton addresses the castaways. "Okay! We're going for another excursion, and I want for you to be safer. I have some oil and tindertwigs, for in case a bunch of biting ants or something like that comes out of the jungle, where stabbing or clubbing them wouldn't be very effective."

"If that happens, you can just pour the oil out on them, and then light them up with a tindertwig. I hate to even mention it, but better you be aware of the possibility and have what you don't need than the opposite. We'll be back as soon as we can!" He smiles and mingles with the castaways, handing out tindertwigs and flasks of oil, miming how to use them if necessary -- but he only has four of each, and doesn't even consider giving any to Gelik unless he asks.


Niɱ wrote:

Nim's sword swings out in a powerful back stroke as the other zombie tries to move past...

AoO attack w/scimitar: 1d20+5 damage: 1d6+4
...slashing it across the chest. I think. :)

Nim is rewarded for his effort with another blast of pollen in the face..
** spoiler omitted **

That is a hit.

The creeper, seeing in its own way an enemy approaching, lashes out with a vine at Corbrius:

vine atk 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 dam 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Hit

The vine then tries to wrap around Corbrius, and add him to its horrible collection.

improved grab 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 constrict dam 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 Hit

The creature, wraps itself around Corbrius, crushing him in hex F9. Corbrius attempts to break out of the creatures grasp...but to no avail!

Corbrius, it has reach and has you trapped to where you can't attack it, assumed you wanted to try and break the grapple...you can retcon your action as needed but you are currently grappled and have taken 15points.
Nim, you think this might be a varient Creeper...more powerful than its already dangerous cousins...


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

I think I am up...

Round 4

Nim watches as Corbius is stopped dead in his tracks by the creeper's strangle hold. This creeper appears to be stronger than any I have heard of!

Nim growls as he spins and brings his scimitar around to strike the zombie again, hoping to bring it low...
standard action attack w/scimitar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
...dealing it another tremendous wound before moving off to engage the creeper while it is distracted with Corbious. move action to E 10 (even if the zombie still stands and provokes an AoO)

Wicewakan follows his master's lead and moves to circle around the creeper and attack... move action to D 8 and standard action attack w/bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
free trip attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Current status:
Nim -- AC: 16 HP: 21 of 21
Wicewakan -- AC: 14 HP: 24 of 24


Order of Combat Round 3:
Nim 21a *gone*
Wic 21b *gone*
Tragershen 18 *delaying*
Creeper 17a *gone*
Plant Zombies 17b *gone*
Anton 14 *gone*
Corbrius 11 *gone but might retcon*
Aedalis 5a *gone*
Mihai 5b *gone*

Going to wait on Tragershen until later tonight and Corbrius to see if he wants to Recton before moving into Round 4.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

I believe Tragershen posted his actions above already... A double move.


So he did, he posted at the exact same time I did, wondered how I missed his post.

Order of Combat Round 4:
Nim 21a
Wic 21b
Centipede 21c
Tragershen 18
Creeper 17
Anton 14
Corbrius 11
Aedalis 5a
Mihai 5b

Nim succeeds in finishing the Plant Zombie with a spear through the head and moves up while Wic moves up attacks the creatures main area, ripping out a chunk of Creeper. There doesn't seem to be anything it can fall over on though and it pulls on the Creeper to no effect.

Tragershen is up then the Creeper.


Elven Wizard 5 HPs 27/27 AC 18 FF 14 T 14 CMD 16 Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +4 Init +4 Per +7

Tragershen will move to E8 and cast Burning Hands on the creeper. With the creeper having Corbrius in F9, I think I can do that without hitting any allies.

Damage 2d4 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3. Reflex DC 15 save for half damage.

Edit: Changed the move from E7 to E8 if the DM is okay with that. If not, he'll throw his rapier for 1d6 ⇒ 4 damage.


Male Human 5th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +11 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 50 Fort+6(+7 vs disease) Ref+2 Will+7 Spd 20' CMB +8 CMD 21 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

*cough cough* Nim is in E 10 and Wicewakan is in D 8

;)


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Can you say ouch...:) You said you assumed I would try and break the grapple for my action. I would use my fortune roll to break that grapple 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 which helped not at all.

Corbius staggers as the vine wraps around him grunting in pain as flashes of the last fight against these creatures race through his mind as he battles to stay conscious yet again.

AC 18
HP 1/16
Arcane Pool 3/4
Enchanted blade +1 till round 11
Grappled


Tragershen wrote:

Tragershen will move to E8 and cast Burning Hands on the creeper. With the creeper having Corbrius in F9, I think I can do that without hitting any allies.

Damage 2d4. Reflex DC 15 save for half damage.
Edit: Changed the move from E7 to E8 if the DM is okay with that. If not, he'll throw his rapier for 1d6 damage.

Tragershen, you were in I11, the terrain in the building is rough due to the vines all over the place. You can't really get to where you want to go and cast. Go ahead and complete a move and feel free to attack, it will be shooting into combat though...-4 or you can retcon you action and double move.

Updated map is at home...will get it up tonight after work...

The Vine attempts to crush Corbrius some more...
Constriction Check +5 for already grappled 1d20 + 5 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 5 = 19dam 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 and crushes him for a few more seconds until it feels Corbrius go limp in its grasp. It immediately releases him to pursue other living targets...
Free action grapple release.

Anton is up.


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 5

Round 4: 15/15 HP, AC 14, Bit o' Luck: 4/6

Mihai sees Corbius fall before him and almost instantly moves forward to salve his wounds. Kneeling by the fallen companion Mihai draws upon the strength of Sinashakti "You will not fall today brother."

Move to G,9 - then convert a bless to cure light wounds on Corbius for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Round 4, Init 14

"NOOOO!!" Anton moves as fast as he can through the bones and vines to get where he can strike the monster responsible for Nora's death, standing between it and his fallen friend.

Double move to F9 -- sorry for wasting the Bit o' Luck, but Anton isn't even fast enough to get from H10 to F10 in a single move.

Current status:
AC 20, hp 18/18

701 to 750 of 3,325 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Stephens Serpents Skull Campaign PBP Chapter 1: Smugglers Shiv All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.