Diamondust's Skulls and Shackles

Game Master Diamondust

Having escaped Bonewrack Isle, the crew of the Man's Promise look to become anonymous before they can build their fame.
Rickety's Squibs


601 to 650 of 1,520 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter (Tactician) 4
Vital Stats:
HP: 48/48, - AC: 19/T: 13/FF: 16 – Perception +6 - Initiative: +3 - F: +5/ R: +4/ W: +2 - CMB: +8 - CMD: 20, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Bluff +3, Climb +8, Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +6, Knowledge Geography +5, Perception +6, Sense Motive +6, Swim +10

Reinald starts the evening celebrating with the crew. When Tilly leaves the gambling table he offers her a glass. He holds his up in salute. "To making another day. Some days are easier than others." He smiles and chats with her awhile. "Jord says your good with the jokes. Care to share."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Human Alchemist(Vivisectionist) 4/Trickster 1 | HP 48/48 | AC19 T16 FF14 CMD19 | F+7 R+9 W+1 (+2 vs. poison) | Perception +8 | Init +9 | MP 5/5

For most of the celebration time, the doctor keeps below decks, absorbed in his alchemy lab. "If I just... yes, yes that's it! I've done it!" he suddenly exclaims. He jumps up and dashes up on deck, shouting "EUREKA!"

He quickly scans the crowd, then dashes toward Jord. "You there, my hirsute friend! Drink this!" He shoves a vial into the cleric's fist, then steps back several feet, watching intently.


Male Spells 1-3/5 2-3/4 Human Cleric 4/M1 HP:44/44|AC:20|T:12|FF:17|CMB+5|CMD:16|Fort:+6|Ref:+2|Will:+8|Init:+1|Perc: +10 Channel Energy 0/5 Str surge 7/7 Agile feet 7/7 Mythic Power: 4

Jord closes his eyes and drinks... with trepidation


Tilly drinks and talks with you, sharing some of her best jokes, often at the expense of men she has known. She keeps mentioning one man in particular but won't reveal who he is. Tilly is helpful


Human Alchemist(Vivisectionist) 4/Trickster 1 | HP 48/48 | AC19 T16 FF14 CMD19 | F+7 R+9 W+1 (+2 vs. poison) | Perception +8 | Init +9 | MP 5/5

Jord drinks an infusion of Reduce Person. Small size for two minutes.
The doctor cheers as Jord shrinks to half his former height. "HA HA! It works!" He gleefully starts explaining to anyone who will listen, "To put it simply, by preparing the formula as an infusion, rather than an extract, I have detached it from my personal essence!"


Male Spells 1-3/5 2-3/4 Human Cleric 4/M1 HP:44/44|AC:20|T:12|FF:17|CMB+5|CMD:16|Fort:+6|Ref:+2|Will:+8|Init:+1|Perc: +10 Channel Energy 0/5 Str surge 7/7 Agile feet 7/7 Mythic Power: 4

Headbutt to the nuts!!!

"Umm ..you know if an enemy takes advantage of this... please advise of adverse conditions next time.."

Jord makes sure to stick close to Genade while small..


Male Human (Taldan) Fighter (Tactician) 4
Vital Stats:
HP: 48/48, - AC: 19/T: 13/FF: 16 – Perception +6 - Initiative: +3 - F: +5/ R: +4/ W: +2 - CMB: +8 - CMD: 20, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Bluff +3, Climb +8, Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +6, Knowledge Geography +5, Perception +6, Sense Motive +6, Swim +10

diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

As the celebration continues Reinald sees Giffer Tibbs. "Tibbs right. I haven't had the chance to work with you yet being in the rigging. Crazy few days right." Reinald offers a drink if he will take it.


"Aye," the gnome Tibbs says, "A wonderful adventure. Plenty more chances to work together. Being on the same boat and all." She takes the offered drink and gulps it down, "Don't mind if I do. Always need a strong drink to wash away the nerves after a battle. Another day alive is better than those poor souls we killed." She rubs her eyepatch before laughing. "My time will come soon enough." Tibbs is friendly

A number of the crew notice Jord and laugh at the miniature man. "Look at him. Hope it's not permanent!" The party lasts through the night and all the next day, finally dying down the next night when no more food or grog could be stomached.


At dawn a few hours later, when most had barely gotten more than a handful of hours sleep in two days, the ship's bell sounds on the Wormwood, calling all hands on deck as you are well used to by now. Once everyone is assembled, the captives are led on deck and paraded before the crew. Captain Harrigan addresses the captives first, offering a place on the Wormwood’s crew for any who want to throw their lot in with pirates. Several of the Rahadoumi sailors step forward; Master Scourge cuts their bonds, and the sailors take their places among the Wormwood’s crew. Harrigan then turns to address the Wormwood’s crew. "All right, you scurvy tars! You’ve done a right good job by me. We've got a second ship now, and she's quite a prize from the looks of her. But I still have only one crew. So here’s the plan. The Wormwood will sail on to our planned destination with our new shipmates here, while Mr. Plugg will pick a skeleton crew to sail the Man's Promise to Port Peril, where she'll be worth a pretty penny as salvage."

"As for these fine fellows here," Harrigan gestures at the remainder of the captured ships' crew, "some of them will no doubt be worth a hefty ransom from their families back in Azir. And for the rest, if the life of a pirate's not for them, they can spend the rest of their lives at sea!" To make his point, Harrigan grabs one of the Rahadoumi sailors and throws her overboard to the accompaniment of cheers and laughter from the Wormwood’s crew. As the unfortunate woman sinks beneath the waves, many of the remaining sailors scramble to swear their loyalty to Harrigan. The officers are led belowdecks and the crew begins to disperse to their daily tasks.

----------

Mr. Plugg and Master Scourge begin picking out the skeleton crew, telling them to be aboard the Man's Promise in 10 minutes to set sail for Port Peril. Mr. Plugg individually selects Jord, Jerieth, Genade, Reinald and Sejanus to join the skeleton crew and Scourge smiles evilly as you are picked. You have a little time to get your things and visit Grok at the Quartermaster's Store if you wish to purchase anything with your recent rewards. Grok is sad to see you go and gives you a parting gift. 6 flasks of alchemist's fire and 2 potions of Cure Light Wounds. She also tells you to be careful of Plugg and Scourge.

Contents of Quartermaster's Store available for purchase:

any mundane adventuring gear with a value of 10 gp or less
4 sets of thieves tools(one of which is masterwork)
A masterwork climber’s kit
A disguise kit
A magnifying glass
A set of manacles
A battered iron box containing six candles
A starknife
3 cutlasses
31 daggers
3 masterwork daggers
four saps
a masterwork sap
A masterwork warhammer
A masterwork short sword
A masterwork light crossbow
120 arrows
20 masterwork arrows
200 crossbow bolts
43 masterwork darts
3 flasks of acid
4 flasks of holy water
2 tanglefoot bags
A suit of masterwork banded mail
A breastplate
2 masterwork chain shirts
A masterwork leather armor
3 suits of studded leather armor(one of which is masterwork)
12 bucklers
2 masterwork bucklers
A potion of barkskin
A potion of haste
A scroll of cure moderate wounds
A scroll of mage armor
A scroll of magic missile
A scroll of scorching ray
A scroll of summon swarm
A wand of bless weapon (16 charges)


Male Spells 1-3/5 2-3/4 Human Cleric 4/M1 HP:44/44|AC:20|T:12|FF:17|CMB+5|CMD:16|Fort:+6|Ref:+2|Will:+8|Init:+1|Perc: +10 Channel Energy 0/5 Str surge 7/7 Agile feet 7/7 Mythic Power: 4

Jord will attempt to buy what is on the list

Jords List:

Dagger (2gp)

Animal Glue *2 (1gp)
Fishing Kit (3gp)
Flint and Steel (1gp)
Hammock (1sp)

3 Grappling Crossbow Bolts (3gp)
Light Crossbow (35gp)
20 Crossbow Bolts (2gp)

Total 47gp 1sp

"Thank you Grok, may your journey lead you to just rewards. Kurgess blessing upon ye."


Male Human (Taldan) Fighter (Tactician) 4
Vital Stats:
HP: 48/48, - AC: 19/T: 13/FF: 16 – Perception +6 - Initiative: +3 - F: +5/ R: +4/ W: +2 - CMB: +8 - CMD: 20, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Bluff +3, Climb +8, Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +6, Knowledge Geography +5, Perception +6, Sense Motive +6, Swim +10

Reinald drops by Grok's. "Let me have a look at that nice chain shirt. 250 gp sound fair? Stay safe."

Reinald gathers his things and says good by to friendly crew.


Male Human Kineticist (Fire) 3 -- HP 42 : AC 16 CMD 14 TAC 13 FAC 14 : kinetic blast +6 (touch), 2d6+2 : F+9 R+6 W+5 : INIT+8 Perc+8 CMB+2

"I will buy 5 pints of oil, please." Sejanus catches her hand as she reaches for the money. "I meant what I said, Grok. If we should ever meet again, my offer stands."

He gives her a wink, stows his oil, and stands at attention by the railing. "Ready for duty, Mr. Plugg."


Human Alchemist(Vivisectionist) 4/Trickster 1 | HP 48/48 | AC19 T16 FF14 CMD19 | F+7 R+9 W+1 (+2 vs. poison) | Perception +8 | Init +9 | MP 5/5

The doctor eyes the masterwork thieves tools. "I'll have those there. Also, you wouldn't happen to have a mace, would you? No? Oh well, that's all right."

He heads out to join the others on the new ship. "I'm a bit suspicious about this." he confides in the others when the officers are out of earshot, "It's clear they hate us, but then they trust us to make up most of a skeleton crew on their prize? I think we should watch our backs even more carefully."


"Ah yes Sejanus, you still owe me. When you return from selling the Man's Promise come see me." Grok says with a smile.

----------

When you make it back aboard the Man's Promise you see the skeleton crew assembled on the deck. Mr. Plugg and Master Scourge with Owlbear Hartshorn, Plugg and Scourge's loyal sycophantic lackeys(Kipper, Patch, Aretta, Fipps, Jape, Maheem, Syl and Tam), a few of those pressganged at the same time as you(Cog, Rosie and Tilly), Ambrose Kroop, a couple of the merchant vessel's sailors(one of which is the navigations officer) and Sandara who is the last one to walk aboard. Seeing everyone assembled Plugg makes an address, "You now have the privilege of referring to me as Captain. Anything else will be met with swift discipline." He cracks his cat-o'-nine-tails for effect. "Master Scourge is first mate here and you can consider his word as mine. We've got a long way to go and I don't want to waste any time so we're leaving now. Master Scourge will assign you your tasks and their will be NO excuses. Captain Harrigan was far too soft on you all. ANY failure to complete tasks will be 6 lashes from the Cat." He beckons the navigator to follow him to the wheel and Scourge steps up, assigning people to their stations. He assigns you all as swabs(see spoiler at top of page for your swab assignments), along with the new recruit. "You're gonna spend the rest of your days with your nose to the deck." He says and laughs.

As the Man's Promise sails away from the Wormwood you might look back and see Kunala wave. The Wormwood is getting ready to set sail itself and soon it is out of sight over the horizon and you are on your own headed back to Port Peril where this journey began. Scourge's whip cracks, reminding you to keep working or suffer pain.


Male Spells 1-3/5 2-3/4 Human Cleric 4/M1 HP:44/44|AC:20|T:12|FF:17|CMB+5|CMD:16|Fort:+6|Ref:+2|Will:+8|Init:+1|Perc: +10 Channel Energy 0/5 Str surge 7/7 Agile feet 7/7 Mythic Power: 4

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Con Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

I use guidance if I can.. academic anyway

Oddly not puffed, just not very good at running..

Why do they give the fat man the running job..


HP:15/36; AC:17,t:14,ff:12; F:7, R:8, W:4; Init:3; Per:10; CMB:5, CMD:19; Immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects Half-Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 3

Str check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
What a start!

Glad to be back up on deck rather than in the brig, Morgan is however, more used to the rigging and not so used to scrubbing the decks. Falling straight to work he nonetheless is fatigued by the end of the day.
What have I got myself into here, from waiting to be hung, to waiting to be lashed!


Male Human (Taldan) Fighter (Tactician) 4
Vital Stats:
HP: 48/48, - AC: 19/T: 13/FF: 16 – Perception +6 - Initiative: +3 - F: +5/ R: +4/ W: +2 - CMB: +8 - CMD: 20, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Bluff +3, Climb +8, Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +6, Knowledge Geography +5, Perception +6, Sense Motive +6, Swim +10

Sailor: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Con: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Reinald works hard and keeps his head down Plugg and Scourge had taken almost all allies from the small group.


Male Human (Taldan) Fighter (Tactician) 4
Vital Stats:
HP: 48/48, - AC: 19/T: 13/FF: 16 – Perception +6 - Initiative: +3 - F: +5/ R: +4/ W: +2 - CMB: +8 - CMD: 20, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Bluff +3, Climb +8, Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +6, Knowledge Geography +5, Perception +6, Sense Motive +6, Swim +10

Reinald catches Teach while working near him, "So we're on your ship."Reinald says in friendly greeting. "You don't have the look of the Rahadoumi."


Human Alchemist(Vivisectionist) 4/Trickster 1 | HP 48/48 | AC19 T16 FF14 CMD19 | F+7 R+9 W+1 (+2 vs. poison) | Perception +8 | Init +9 | MP 5/5

Dex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Con: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

The doctor has a rough time ratcatching, and he ends up exhausted.


HP:15/36; AC:17,t:14,ff:12; F:7, R:8, W:4; Init:3; Per:10; CMB:5, CMD:19; Immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects Half-Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 3

As Reinald approaches, he gets a whiff of rather ripe body odour from Morgan. After Reinald speaks, Morgan pauses scrubbing and stretches his back and mops his brow.

" Aye, and you twer a welcome sight for me, well 'til I clapped ears to what the Captain was sayin'. What is he like? Nay, I be not Rahadoumi, but that be a long tale for after work."


Male Human Kineticist (Fire) 3 -- HP 42 : AC 16 CMD 14 TAC 13 FAC 14 : kinetic blast +6 (touch), 2d6+2 : F+9 R+6 W+5 : INIT+8 Perc+8 CMB+2

Sejanus has a strong suspicion that duties were assigned for the express purpose of punishing them when they fail.

Let's have the aristocratic spellcaster man the bilges. Brilliant!

Str: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Con: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

He does a terrible job. His hands are chafed and his back is aching by the end of the day.


Fatigued: Morgan, Genade, Sejanus
Failed Jobs: Jord, Morgan, Genade, Sejanus

Master Scourge spends a great deal of time cursing at any crewmembers failing to do their jobs properly, even at the slightest mistake. He cracks his whip many times and reports to Plugg on your accomplishments or lack thereof.

At evening Captain Plugg makes another announcement. "The entertainment that your previous captain allowed has made you undisciplined. Under my command there will be no entertainments or gambling and anyone caught above deck after dinner will get 6 lashes." It has come to his attention that several crew(listed) have not been doing their job and will make an example of them. One after the other, Jord(27 damage), Morgan(22 damage), Genade(28 damage) and Sejanus(24 damage) are given their 6 lashes by Plugg himself who seems to delight in handing out the punishments, going so far as to cause unconsciousness and worse(Cat o' nine does nonlethal at first).

When Plugg and Scourge are gone, Sandara and Fishguts(and probably Jerieth?) help get you 4 to the crew berths where Sandara channels to heal you out of sight of anyone who might inform Plugg or Scourge(31 HP healed, everyone should be at max again). She exhausts her healing energy. "Looks like things just got significantly worse. I wish I was back on the Wormwood. Capt. Harrigan is tough but not much worse than many a pirate captain. These two Plugg and Scourge are just brutal. Besmara would not be upset at all if something were done. The reason I'm saying this now is the same reason I never said much about it before. I want to survive and I know they only picked me for this voyage because Scourge has had his eye on me from the start and once he gets bored of hurting you he will turn his focus to me. We must be careful however." Fishguts seems sad and despondent, "Wish I was back on the Wormwood drinking with Grok."

Afterwards dinner is served by Fishguts and most everyone stays in the middle deck, galley or crew berths to avoid the curfew restrictions. Suspiciously you notice that only those crew who you have not had hostile interactions with in the past are present including the new sailing master and swab recruited from the Man's Promise. All others are in the captain's cabin with Captain Plugg directly above the galley.

Lashes:

Jord: 6d4 + 12 ⇒ (4, 1, 2, 4, 3, 1) + 12 = 27 21 nonlethal, 6 lethal
Morgan: 6d4 + 12 ⇒ (1, 1, 2, 2, 1, 3) + 12 = 22 22 nonlethal(still conscious)
Genade: 6d4 + 12 ⇒ (4, 3, 1, 2, 3, 3) + 12 = 28 22 nonlethal, 6 lethal
Sejanus: 6d4 + 12 ⇒ (2, 2, 1, 4, 2, 1) + 12 = 24 22 nonlethal, 2 lethal
10d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 2, 4, 2, 4, 1, 6, 4, 2) = 31 healing


Male Human (Taldan) Fighter (Tactician) 4
Vital Stats:
HP: 48/48, - AC: 19/T: 13/FF: 16 – Perception +6 - Initiative: +3 - F: +5/ R: +4/ W: +2 - CMB: +8 - CMD: 20, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Bluff +3, Climb +8, Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +6, Knowledge Geography +5, Perception +6, Sense Motive +6, Swim +10

Reinald helps get the others below. He nods along with Fishguts.

Is obvious they couldn't sail without us. Or would I need to roll. Take 10 Sailor + 6=16

"None of those who have been ornery with us are here." He frowns and shakes his head. "They might have designs on being rid of us at some point. If any one is not tuckered completely out wants to keep watch we can take shifts. Keep a shank hidden and close."


Human Alchemist(Vivisectionist) 4/Trickster 1 | HP 48/48 | AC19 T16 FF14 CMD19 | F+7 R+9 W+1 (+2 vs. poison) | Perception +8 | Init +9 | MP 5/5

"They are absolute morons if they think we will just lie down and take this for the whole voyage." Genade hisses as he recovers.
"As for me, I won't take another day."

Did they take our weapons?


HP:15/36; AC:17,t:14,ff:12; F:7, R:8, W:4; Init:3; Per:10; CMB:5, CMD:19; Immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects Half-Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 3

As Samsara tends his wounds, Morgan speaks up and shows her the mark upon his wrist. "Aagh, that takes the sting out of it, thankee kindly. I see the black lady favours you, I be touched by her too, although as yet I know not what for."

Profession Sailor: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Also wondering if they can sail without us, or us without them. Also ditto the weapons part

As the mutinous talk begins, Morgan puzzles over the options, before letting out a loud fart, wafting it and then speaking.
" Avast there, not so hasty sawbones. I agree with Reinald, we should watch each others backs, but we must take their slop a little longer afore we move. I would suggest that one or two of their friends receive a helping hand over board first"


Male Spells 1-3/5 2-3/4 Human Cleric 4/M1 HP:44/44|AC:20|T:12|FF:17|CMB+5|CMD:16|Fort:+6|Ref:+2|Will:+8|Init:+1|Perc: +10 Channel Energy 0/5 Str surge 7/7 Agile feet 7/7 Mythic Power: 4

"I'm thinking that we should devise a signal to use for all to get ready and another for when to go, if we wish to take down the captain and his monkies... I'm not sure we are capable yet."


Human Alchemist(Vivisectionist) 4/Trickster 1 | HP 48/48 | AC19 T16 FF14 CMD19 | F+7 R+9 W+1 (+2 vs. poison) | Perception +8 | Init +9 | MP 5/5

"Yes, I suppose if some of them... had an accident, that would help in the final event." the doctor ponders.


Sandara shakes her head, "We'll need as many as possible to sail this thing faster than a snail's pace. They might be harsh men but we need them. If there's a mutiny, the quicker Plugg and Scourge are dealt with the better. I think once their leaders are gone, their true cowardice will show."


HP:15/36; AC:17,t:14,ff:12; F:7, R:8, W:4; Init:3; Per:10; CMB:5, CMD:19; Immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects Half-Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 3

"That is usually the way of it. We should hold on a mite longer, and if an opportunity to remove those two presents itself, we can consider it. Are we all in accord? If not we should agree to walk away and pretend this never happened, for this is serious business."


Male Human (Taldan) Fighter (Tactician) 4
Vital Stats:
HP: 48/48, - AC: 19/T: 13/FF: 16 – Perception +6 - Initiative: +3 - F: +5/ R: +4/ W: +2 - CMB: +8 - CMD: 20, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Bluff +3, Climb +8, Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +6, Knowledge Geography +5, Perception +6, Sense Motive +6, Swim +10

"That is wise. Who else can spare some hours to keep watch."


Human Alchemist(Vivisectionist) 4/Trickster 1 | HP 48/48 | AC19 T16 FF14 CMD19 | F+7 R+9 W+1 (+2 vs. poison) | Perception +8 | Init +9 | MP 5/5

"Hmm, very well." the doctor says. "I can watch for a time."


Male Spells 1-3/5 2-3/4 Human Cleric 4/M1 HP:44/44|AC:20|T:12|FF:17|CMB+5|CMD:16|Fort:+6|Ref:+2|Will:+8|Init:+1|Perc: +10 Channel Energy 0/5 Str surge 7/7 Agile feet 7/7 Mythic Power: 4

"The most affected of us by the nasty work schedule should rest fully and not watch.. saying yhat I'm good for a watch."


As a reminder, Morgan, Genade and Sejanus are fatigued. Fatigue wil affect your job rolls tomorrow if you don't get enough sleep.


HP:15/36; AC:17,t:14,ff:12; F:7, R:8, W:4; Init:3; Per:10; CMB:5, CMD:19; Immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects Half-Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 3

" Now tha' sounds like an idea, I am fair wore out from those stones, but I will watch tomorrow. Right now I am for my hammock" Standing and stretching, Morgan heads for his hammock, letting out a loud fart as he goes.


Male Human (Taldan) Fighter (Tactician) 4
Vital Stats:
HP: 48/48, - AC: 19/T: 13/FF: 16 – Perception +6 - Initiative: +3 - F: +5/ R: +4/ W: +2 - CMB: +8 - CMD: 20, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Bluff +3, Climb +8, Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +6, Knowledge Geography +5, Perception +6, Sense Motive +6, Swim +10

Reinald nods. "I will wake you in awhile. Jerieth you want a shift too."


Female Undine
Quick Stats:
Init +4, HP 16/16, Senses darkvision 60 ft ; Per +6,AC 16, T13, FF14, BA+1; CMB+2; CMD 14,F+1, Ref+6, Will+5, +4 vs. Bardic Performance, sonic, and language-dependent effects, Resistances cold 5
Bard (Watersinger) 2
Quick Skills:
Acrobatics 6, Bluff 7, Bluff (Act) 7, Climb 7, Diplomacy 10, Disguise (Act) 7, Arcana 8, Geography 7, History 7, Perception 6, Act 7, Dance 8, Oratory 7, Sing 7, Sailor 5, Spellcraft 6, Swim 15

"That's fine. I can do that," the undine said in reply.


Not long after the meal is over the missing crew return to the middle hold and crew berths areas talking amongst themselves and sometimes looking at you with a grin. They soon head to sleep and the night passes without incident. Your vigilance notices no late night stirrings.

Day 2 on the Man's Promise
Captain Plugg announces a change of course to avoid a forming storm and makes everyone work even harder.

During the day Sandara suggests a different reason for the change of course. "That storm would have missed us anyway. I don't think the captain wants to go to Port Peril to sell the ship for Harrigan."


Male Human (Taldan) Fighter (Tactician) 4
Vital Stats:
HP: 48/48, - AC: 19/T: 13/FF: 16 – Perception +6 - Initiative: +3 - F: +5/ R: +4/ W: +2 - CMB: +8 - CMD: 20, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Bluff +3, Climb +8, Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +6, Knowledge Geography +5, Perception +6, Sense Motive +6, Swim +10

Sailor: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Con: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Reinald works through out the day.

Reinald agrees with Sandara, "If he has his own mind about things it likely won't be good for us."


Human Alchemist(Vivisectionist) 4/Trickster 1 | HP 48/48 | AC19 T16 FF14 CMD19 | F+7 R+9 W+1 (+2 vs. poison) | Perception +8 | Init +9 | MP 5/5

Dex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Con: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Genade has a much better time of it today.

"Do you have any idea where we might actually be headed?" the doctor asks Sandara.


Sandara shakes her head, "Could be a number of places. If we knew more about his plans..." she whispers as she pretends to keep working near you for the moment. "The new sailing master might know. He wasn't at Plugg's secret meeting last night but I'm sure it won't be long before Plugg tries to get him in his clutches."


Male Human Kineticist (Fire) 3 -- HP 42 : AC 16 CMD 14 TAC 13 FAC 14 : kinetic blast +6 (touch), 2d6+2 : F+9 R+6 W+5 : INIT+8 Perc+8 CMB+2

Sejanus looks from side to side conspiratorially to make certain no one is listening. "It would appear so, wouldn't it? That may work to our advantage. If Plugg is going rogue, he will want to begin pirating as soon as possible to keep the crew satisfied. It will give us opportunities to act."

Str: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Con: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Lovely!


HP:15/36; AC:17,t:14,ff:12; F:7, R:8, W:4; Init:3; Per:10; CMB:5, CMD:19; Immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects Half-Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 3

Str dc13: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Con dc9: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Here we go again!

Noting the change of direction and the discrepancy between explanation and what his own knowledge tells him, Morgan spends too much time trying to guess direction and not enough time scrubbing. As the day comes to an end, Morgan has left rather a patchy job.

"Aye, as long as that is his plan, he could be considering us for slavers tho'. Who approaches the sailin' master then?"

Knowledge Geog: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Profession Sailor: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Dice checks to see if Morgan can work out some of the possible locations they might be heading for. He has a compass as well if that helps.


Male Spells 1-3/5 2-3/4 Human Cleric 4/M1 HP:44/44|AC:20|T:12|FF:17|CMB+5|CMD:16|Fort:+6|Ref:+2|Will:+8|Init:+1|Perc: +10 Channel Energy 0/5 Str surge 7/7 Agile feet 7/7 Mythic Power: 4

Acro: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Con: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Jord just hasn't quite recovered from yesterday activities and the effort of getting the work done is a bit to much for him this time.


Jerieth is going to just work and pass her jobs checks again today.
Fatigued: Sejanus, Jord
Failed Job: Sejanus, Morgan

"You two just don't want to learn. Or maybe you've taken a liking to my Cat?" Plugg says as he rounds up those for punishment who didn't satisfactorily complete their jobs. At the end Sejanus is left on deck unconscious(22 non-lethal, 5 lethal) and so is Morgan(24 non-lethal, 12 lethal). He notices that the wounds from yesterday are completely gone. "If anyone tries to heal them with Magic, I'll see to it that you will take their punishment instead!" He mostly looks at Sandara when he says that.

Afterwards Plugg, Scourge and those loyal to him disappear into the captain's cabin for another of their secret meetings. Jiran Conway, the new sailing master is also with them, leaving only you and those friendly or helpful to you to help Sejanus and Morgan, and head down to Fishguts for some dinner.


Male Spells 1-3/5 2-3/4 Human Cleric 4/M1 HP:44/44|AC:20|T:12|FF:17|CMB+5|CMD:16|Fort:+6|Ref:+2|Will:+8|Init:+1|Perc: +10 Channel Energy 0/5 Str surge 7/7 Agile feet 7/7 Mythic Power: 4

Jord tends to the wounded with his scant healing knowledge, he takes em below decks and sets them in their hammocks

Heal skill: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

When he can he gives em a single blast of channel just to get them on their feet and take away the worst of the pain

Channel: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Sejanus would wake up from that but not Morgan.


Male Spells 1-3/5 2-3/4 Human Cleric 4/M1 HP:44/44|AC:20|T:12|FF:17|CMB+5|CMD:16|Fort:+6|Ref:+2|Will:+8|Init:+1|Perc: +10 Channel Energy 0/5 Str surge 7/7 Agile feet 7/7 Mythic Power: 4

Well Jord dares not risk more..

"Sejanus, play up your hurt more if you feel better, ok.. we can't let em on that I healed ya a bit, you still have lotsa marks."

After he tends them he is quite wrecked and goes to be himself so he can recover from Fatigued


Female Undine
Quick Stats:
Init +4, HP 16/16, Senses darkvision 60 ft ; Per +6,AC 16, T13, FF14, BA+1; CMB+2; CMD 14,F+1, Ref+6, Will+5, +4 vs. Bardic Performance, sonic, and language-dependent effects, Resistances cold 5
Bard (Watersinger) 2
Quick Skills:
Acrobatics 6, Bluff 7, Bluff (Act) 7, Climb 7, Diplomacy 10, Disguise (Act) 7, Arcana 8, Geography 7, History 7, Perception 6, Act 7, Dance 8, Oratory 7, Sing 7, Sailor 5, Spellcraft 6, Swim 15

Jerieth's temper is just a raging! Even though she easily performed her tasks, she felt it was wrong to punished someone who failed their tasks. Everyone was doing their best. And also threatening to punish anyone who tried to heal them! That was the last straw!

"Sandara, my love...hold me back please..." she said through clenched teeth, "because I'm about to flood those a+%!!+!s straight into a shark's jaws."

Boy is she mad!


During the dinner meal Fishguts mentions he thinks he knows where you are headed. "I believe we are headed to a seedy, isolated dry dock on the Slithering Coast west of Bloodcove called Rickety’s Squibs. For a price, old Rickety Hake completely refits ships into “squibs,” providing new identities by changing ships’ lines, silhouettes, and general appearance to be unrecognizable to their former owners or anyone else familiar with them. As soon as land is in sight he will no longer need us." He estimates only a couple more days until the Slithering coast is in sight.


Male Spells 1-3/5 2-3/4 Human Cleric 4/M1 HP:44/44|AC:20|T:12|FF:17|CMB+5|CMD:16|Fort:+6|Ref:+2|Will:+8|Init:+1|Perc: +10 Channel Energy 0/5 Str surge 7/7 Agile feet 7/7 Mythic Power: 4

Jord is lounging after wolfing his meal

"Well we have a day or so to plan, so that we can execute it any time we need to."

601 to 650 of 1,520 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / It's a Pirate's Life All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.