Pathbuilder character request


Pathfinder Second Edition General Discussion

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Hey all,
I'd like to have some links to Pathbuilder characters to open in the web interface. As many links as possible - any ancestery/background/class welcome!

WHY?

I'm working on a Roll20 import routine for Pathbuilder characters. To do this, I need example characters (the more variety/complexity the better). It's not hard to do, I just need a lot of sample data.

Again, any kind of PF2 character will do.

Thanks!

P.S. Just use Foundry posts will be ignored.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Probably speaking the obvious but you shouldn't ignore the tablet version of pathbuilder. Perhaps read in the JSON files currently generated for foundry?

Dataphiles

Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
pauljathome wrote:
Probably speaking the obvious but you shouldn't ignore the tablet version of pathbuilder. Perhaps read in the JSON files currently generated for foundry?

The Table/Web point to the same DB from what I can tell. It shouldn't matter which I use. The link to the character is easier than requesting specific JSON since many people are not that technical. My goal for a lot of the helper stuff I'm building is to make tech more transparent.

Also, from what I could tell, the "Foundry Export" (which I clicked on first) doesn't give you a nice file to copy|paste but seems to require a link to a Foundry instance. This is a non-starter for my purposes and why I'm not looking at Foundry. I'm building a solution for all Roll20 users (not just me).

Oh, and also I'm using the Web version. It's easier to pull JSON in and out of.

Dataphiles

Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
kahn265 wrote:
pauljathome wrote:
Probably speaking the obvious but you shouldn't ignore the tablet version of pathbuilder. Perhaps read in the JSON files currently generated for foundry?

The Table/Web point to the same DB from what I can tell. It shouldn't matter which I use. The link to the character is easier than requesting specific JSON since many people are not that technical. My goal for a lot of the helper stuff I'm building is to make tech more transparent.

Also, from what I could tell, the "Foundry Export" (which I clicked on first) doesn't give you a nice file to copy|paste but seems to require a link to a Foundry instance. This is a non-starter for my purposes and why I'm not looking at Foundry. I'm building a solution for all Roll20 users (not just me).

Oh, and also I'm using the Web version. It's easier to pull JSON in and out of.

Oh, and yes, I **WILL** be testing Tablet support as well - I just need a starting point.

**EDIT**
OK, I'm an idiot. I misunderstood the UI. Using the JSON you have indicated is exactly what I was intending to do. It's just easier getting the link that asking for the JSON (where a bad copy|paste can set me back)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

These are all characters that I have created. I have others that I know the URL to, but since they are not mine, I am not going to share those.

https://pathbuilder2e.com/launch.html?build=303393

https://pathbuilder2e.com/launch.html?build=495061

https://pathbuilder2e.com/launch.html?build=540979

Dataphiles

Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
breithauptclan wrote:

These are all characters that I have created. I have others that I know the URL to, but since they are not mine, I am not going to share those.

https://pathbuilder2e.com/launch.html?build=303393

https://pathbuilder2e.com/launch.html?build=495061

https://pathbuilder2e.com/launch.html?build=540979

Perfect start! Thank you!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Any particular levels?

Dataphiles

Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Riddlyn wrote:
Any particular levels?

Nothing particular, but I will point out that higher level chars are harder to find/make.

Right now, I'm mainly looking for variety.


My ones before remaster moment are in this thread

https://paizo.com/threads/rzs43t60


If you can get that working, even imperfectly (it took ages for Foundry to handle Alchemy properly), you'll be my hero. I don't really like Foundry and the lack of character import is killing my players every time I host a game on Roll20.

Dataphiles

Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
SuperBidi wrote:
If you can get that working, even imperfectly (it took ages for Foundry to handle Alchemy properly), you'll be my hero. I don't really like Foundry and the lack of character import is killing my players every time I host a game on Roll20.

I've basic info, attributes, and Skills working.

I'm building feats section right now.

Next is Armor/weapons/magic.

The JSON export for foundry make is very easy to do. I hope to have a Beta version live next week.

Dataphiles

Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Laclale♪ wrote:

My ones before remaster moment are in this thread

https://paizo.com/threads/rzs43t60

This is gold, thank you


If it's feats up to lvl 20 you're looking for, I have waaaay too many. Two of them also have full spells:

Azarketi Sorcerer (with spells): https://pathbuilder2e.com/launch.html?build=552743

Catfolk Investigator: https://pathbuilder2e.com/launch.html?build=552768

Dwarf Swashbuckler: https://pathbuilder2e.com/launch.html?build=552770

Gnoll Magus (with spells): https://pathbuilder2e.com/launch.html?build=552744

Goloma Ranger: https://pathbuilder2e.com/launch.html?build=552757

Grippli Paladin: https://pathbuilder2e.com/launch.html?build=552766

Human Inventor: https://pathbuilder2e.com/launch.html?build=552755

Human/Reflection Kineticist: https://pathbuilder2e.com/launch.html?build=552749

Kashrishi Barbarian/Kineticist: https://pathbuilder2e.com/launch.html?build=552756

Kobold Barbarian: https://pathbuilder2e.com/launch.html?build=552747

Leshy Gunslinger: https://pathbuilder2e.com/launch.html?build=552753

Poppet Alchemist: https://pathbuilder2e.com/launch.html?build=552760

Tengu Monk: https://pathbuilder2e.com/launch.html?build=552763

Vishkanya Rogue: https://pathbuilder2e.com/launch.html?build=552745

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Second Edition / General Discussion / Pathbuilder character request All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.