All I want for Christmas is...


Organized Play General Discussion

Silver Crusade 1/5 *

...a semi-regular PFS group to play with. I have so many character concepts I want to try out in 2E.

What do you guys want for Christmas?

Wayfinders 4/5 5/55/55/55/5 **** Contributor

Where are you, Bigdaddyjug? Maybe we can find your Christmas present. Also, have you considered Play-by-Post as a gaming option?

Silver Crusade 1/5 *

Hilary Moon Murphy wrote:
Where are you, Bigdaddyjug? Maybe we can find your Christmas present. Also, have you considered Play-by-Post as a gaming option?

I'm in New Orleans. I don't care for play by post because part of what I enjoy about PFS is getting out of my house.

5/5 5/55/55/5

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Map

New Orleans Warhorn

or did i miss something...

Silver Crusade 1/5 *

BigNorseWolf wrote:

Map

New Orleans Warhorn

or did i miss something...

They hardly ever play anymore. I'm in the game this Sunday but it's the first game in a long while. Baston Rouge doesn't play in-person anymore.

5/5 5/55/55/5

Bigdaddyjug wrote:
BigNorseWolf wrote:

Map

New Orleans Warhorn

or did i miss something...

They hardly ever play anymore. I'm in the game this Sunday but it's the first game in a long while. Baston Rouge doesn't play in-person anymore.

yeah people are still recovering from the covid apocalypse. It'll start up again.

Silver Crusade 1/5 *

BigNorseWolf wrote:
Bigdaddyjug wrote:
BigNorseWolf wrote:

Map

New Orleans Warhorn

or did i miss something...

They hardly ever play anymore. I'm in the game this Sunday but it's the first game in a long while. Baston Rouge doesn't play in-person anymore.

yeah people are still recovering from the covid apocalypse. It'll start up again.

The Baton Rouge guys said they aren't playing in-person anymore ever. I guess I'll have to start putting my own games together through my FLGS Discord channel.

Liberty's Edge 4/5 *** Venture-Lieutenant, California—Los Angeles (South Bay)

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Bigdaddyjug wrote:
BigNorseWolf wrote:
Bigdaddyjug wrote:
BigNorseWolf wrote:

Map

New Orleans Warhorn

or did i miss something...

They hardly ever play anymore. I'm in the game this Sunday but it's the first game in a long while. Baston Rouge doesn't play in-person anymore.

yeah people are still recovering from the covid apocalypse. It'll start up again.

The Baton Rouge guys said they aren't playing in-person anymore ever. I guess I'll have to start putting my own games together through my FLGS Discord channel.

Sometimes, we have to step up. I moved to Los Angeles last year and ended up having no luck at one venue. Then, someone told me about a better venue farther away. We now have many players and seven GMs, including myself.

You may find many people ready to join you.

Second Seekers (Jadnura) 5/5 5/55/55/5

An EAC injection weapon that doesn't shut off poisons medicinal medicines delivered to the bad guys.

Wayfinders 4/5 5/55/55/55/5 **** Contributor

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Restarting post pandemic has been challenging everywhere, even in Minnesota. We restarted off at Dreamers with two players, each of whom wound up having to run a pregenerated character. Slowly, we built up again, getting not just returning players but brand new ones. We're back to fielding three regular weekly tables and have managed to recruit a bunch of casual GMs to join us.

Before the Pandemic, Minnesota fielded games 7 days a week. Now it's closer to three or four game days a week, but we're slowly growing back. The most important thing is consistency.

Silver Crusade 1/5 *

Yeah we didn't have anywhere near that many games before the pandemic. We played every other week in New Orleans, every other week in Hammond, and every other week in Baton Rouge. For somebody who lived in New Orleans, like me, those last two games were an hour and hour-and-a-half drive.

Wayfinders 4/5 5/55/55/55/5 **** Contributor

Alright, then start up something convenient to you! The reason that Bret and I did Dreamers was because we wanted a Wednesday night game night. Build it and they will come!

5/5 5/55/55/5

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Already got one early A gaming store opened up right down the road, so even without a car I may be able to run some games.

We're going to try to run some starfinder, though whether its society an ap or what we'll have to figure out

Grand Archive 4/5 **

1 person marked this as a favorite.

...my two fwont teef.

Silver Crusade 1/5 *

Drazzel the Magnificent wrote:
...my two fwont teef.

Must be a goblin...

5/5 5/55/55/5

Bigdaddyjug wrote:
Drazzel the Magnificent wrote:
...my two fwont teef.
Must be a goblin...

A goblin would have sets of two front teeth left over from dinner

1/5 *

I hear and feel all of this. NJ wasn’t thriving pre-pandemic, but it is literally impossible to get anything face-to-face here at all…

Community / Forums / Organized Play / General Discussion / All I want for Christmas is... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.