POST ALL YOUR PAIZO CON INFO HERE!


Paizo General Discussion


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Paizo Con starts today at 10:00 am Pacific, Huzzah!

I wanted to start a thread where everyone can post their Paizo con info, or post links to other sources like Reddit or Discord.

While we are waiting we can start with some good natured guesses maybe? I'll go first:

- A playtest announced for two new classes to come out in August 2023. This time they will give us two rounds instead of one.
- the two classes will be a bounded divine spellcaster to be the spiritual successor to the Inquisitor, (but with a different name), and the Shamon, a wis based spontaneous primal caster.
- We will continue with the current trend of one 6 part AP and two 3 parts.
- low level 3 part will be an Arcadian adventure dealing with defeating colonizers
- high level 3 part will be the Ascension of the Living God, dealing with Razmir's last desparate attempt at immortality and Godhood.
- the 6 part AP will start in Jalmeray and explore the western Vudran Empire.
- The long awaited Dead God's Hand will finally be published, to be released in spring 2023.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Forgot to add Starfinder stuff, don't know much about where it is currently but one guess I do have:

- No Starfinder 2E, but we will get Starfinder Unchained, with reworked base classes and 3 part action economy.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I personally doubt we see any kind of "unchained" or revised version of Starfinder yet but... there is other news on the horizon for the IP.

There is a pretty high certainty that we see a video game announcement for Starfinder from Owlcat given the leaks from a few months ago, the leaked image/website/reference getting pulled SUPER quick once it was outed, and the new what is new page on the Owlcat website featuring a pretty animated space vista of what appears to be an asteroid field with at least SOME minor HUD elements as would be displayed on a computer screen. My guess is a CRPG for Dead Suns.


Themetricsystem wrote:

I personally doubt we see any kind of "unchained" or revised version of Starfinder yet but... there is other news on the horizon for the IP.

There is a pretty high certainty that we see a video game announcement for Starfinder from Owlcat given the leaks from a few months ago, the leaked image/website/reference getting pulled SUPER quick once it was outed, and the new what is new page on the Owlcat website featuring a pretty animated space vista of what appears to be an asteroid field with at least SOME minor HUD elements as would be displayed on a computer screen. My guess is a CRPG for Dead Suns.

That's pretty exciting! (of course that means I need to upgrade my lap top, since it can barely handle running WotR).

Liberty's Edge

Whelp - It's too late to update my post but it would seem that late last night the Offical Paizo Reddit Account commented on a thead about the Owlcat project on the SFRPG subreddit that the new Owlcat project is actually not Starfinder at all... so scratch the theory I mentioned above.

There is a chance the Owlcat project could still be about Pathfinder ala the Iron Gods AP or another Sci-Fantasy spin on the Pathfinder IP but it is as yet unknown, hopefully we learn more soon.

Liberty's Edge

There are new products on the products forum that are relevant IMO ;-)

Low-level AP dealing with gates and Castrovel apparently.

Collected Ruby Phoenix AP with assorted goods.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path Subscriber
Kelseus wrote:


- low level 3 part will be an Arcadian adventure dealing with defeating colonizers

I massively dislike this elevator pitch. I'll hold full judgement until I actually see this, but I would have rather had an arcadian adventure path be purely about Arcadia, not related to Avistan matters at all. I don't want the first pathfinder adventure inspired by people from my cultural heritage to be more about an entirely different continent instead of about, you know, us.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
AnimatedPaper wrote:
Kelseus wrote:


- low level 3 part will be an Arcadian adventure dealing with defeating colonizers
I massively dislike this elevator pitch. I'll hold full judgement until I actually see this, but I would have rather had an arcadian adventure path be purely about Arcadia, not related to Avistan matters at all. I don't want the first pathfinder adventure inspired by people from my cultural heritage to be more about an entirely different continent instead of about, you know, us.

Note that this is only speculation on the part of the OP, not something that Paizo has announced.


To be clear, those items in the first post appear to be guesses and not at all actual information that came out of the keynote as far as I can see.


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path Subscriber
Zaister wrote:
AnimatedPaper wrote:
Kelseus wrote:


- low level 3 part will be an Arcadian adventure dealing with defeating colonizers
I massively dislike this elevator pitch. I'll hold full judgement until I actually see this, but I would have rather had an arcadian adventure path be purely about Arcadia, not related to Avistan matters at all. I don't want the first pathfinder adventure inspired by people from my cultural heritage to be more about an entirely different continent instead of about, you know, us.
Note that this is only speculation on the part of the OP, not something that Paizo has announced.

Ah, thank you, I completely missed that. My blood pressure is much lower now.


12 people marked this as a favorite.

Making a thread about convention info and then filling it with stuff that wasn’t announced at the con is certainly a choice.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
keftiu wrote:
Making a thread about convention info and then filling it with stuff that wasn’t announced at the con is certainly a choice.

I did say they were guesses. I guess I was just a bit excited.


Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I am watching the keynote address video now.

First totally new announcements:

Standalone Starfinder adventure (for March 2023): Starfinder Drift Crisis Case File.

Pathfinder rulebook (for later this year): Treasure Vault

Possibly more to come....


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber
David knott 242 wrote:


I am watching the keynote address video now.

First totally new announcements:

Standalone Starfinder adventure (for March 2023): Starfinder Drift Crisis Case File.

Pathfinder rulebook (for later this year): Treasure Vault

Possibly more to come....

Correction: Treasure Vault is coming out in February 2023, not later this year.

There's also the next AP announced for PF2E, Gatewalkers. It's another 1-10 AP that's about paranormal investigations, and traveling across gates. Party has partial amnesia and also some psychic powers.

Also, for any spoilers you're looking for from the Discord, I'm posting the spoilers I'm finding from each panel and AMA channel in the Google doc linked HERE. I'll be updating it all weekend!

Dark Archive

Kelseus wrote:
keftiu wrote:
Making a thread about convention info and then filling it with stuff that wasn’t announced at the con is certainly a choice.
I did say they were guesses. I guess I was just a bit excited.

I suggest you go find Majuba and try a Goblin Brain.

Community / Forums / Paizo / General Discussion / POST ALL YOUR PAIZO CON INFO HERE! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in General Discussion