Questions about Urgathoa’s relationship.Why does Charon let Urgathoa and Zyphus crash in Abaddon? and Why is it that Urgathoa and Zon-Kuthon as allies?


Lost Omens Campaign Setting General Discussion


I mean does Charon let Urgathoa and Zyphis chill in Abanndon to piss of Pharmisa?

and I say some memes about how Urgathoga’s Involved with Zon-Kuthon. with her listed as Zon-Kuthon “ally” so what’s their relation?


Charon, Urgathoa, Zyphus, and the daemons all came into a deal where Urgatboa and Zyphus would get a divine realm in Abaddon, but the wiki does not say what Charon or the daemons got out of that deal. My guess is that it was a mutual non-aggression, maybe a deal to cooperate?

Zyphus' is all about accidental deaths which is seen as the reason why he competes with Pharasma. Although its probably more likely caused by his followers actively killing people "accidentally". Which probably causes all sorts of problems for people who weren't supposed to die. Also doesn't help he sees Urgathoa as a mentor when Urgathoa really is opposed to Pharasma.

Charon seems like a person that wants to maintain status quo, which would explain why he spends so much effort trying to hide the disagreemts between the horsemen. So Pharasma is not really at issue outside of the fact that Charon guides lost souls to the abyss.

As for Urgathoa and Zon-kuthon. She is the goddess of hedonism and undead. He is the god of pain and doesn't care about other deities, except to torture their followers. So likely its a matter of shared interests.


Urgathoa and ZK both want to harm the living, and both have their faiths held in good esteem in Geb.


keftiu wrote:
Urgathoa and ZK both want to harm the living, and both have their faiths held in good esteem in Geb.

so it seems like Urgathoa is the closest thing has to a ally that isn’t his sister.

I presume she’s the only other major god/ess on speaking terms with him


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I am pretty sure he is in speaking terms with other evil deities. Just doesn't care enough to stop doing his own thing in the shadow plane.


Temperans wrote:
I am pretty sure he is in speaking terms with other evil deities. Just doesn't care enough to stop doing his own thing in the shadow plane.

My HC is that Lamshtu asked ever deity (not Rovhog) she can if they want to mate with her. of the people propositioned. Calistia, Urgathoa, and Zon-Kuthon, where the only ones of the major gods that agreed.

I HC that Zon-Kuthon acts like Melvin from Yugioh: the Abridged series.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

My guess is Charon doesn't care. Infinity is a slippery concept when it comes to things like planar geography, and letting some other deities with similarly aligned goals take a piece of their infinity to make their own doesn't seem all that big a deal.

Not to mention it means Charon can keep an eye on both Urgathoa and Zyphus just in case. Recall that, to daemonkind, reality is a game where the only winner is the last one to die.


Perpdepog wrote:

My guess is Charon doesn't care. Infinity is a slippery concept when it comes to things like planar geography, and letting some other deities with similarly aligned goals take a piece of their infinity to make their own doesn't seem all that big a deal.

Not to mention it means Charon can keep an eye on both Urgathoa and Zyphus just in case. Recall that, to daemonkind, reality is a game where the only winner is the last one to die.

I always pictured Charon acting like a grumpy man. desperately trying to keep the young ins in the Horseman and the entirety of Abanndon in line.

then he lets this random hunger chick in his house and who goes through his fridge.

Radiant Oath

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I mean it's not like he was gonna eat anything in that fridge anyway. It's probably all spoiled and smelly at this point, so if she wants to eat it he's not gonna argue.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Archpaladin Zousha wrote:
I mean it's not like he was gonna eat anything in that fridge anyway. It's probably all spoiled and smelly at this point, so if she wants to eat it he's not gonna argue.

Urgathoa is a trash women who eats your old expired food as she crashes in your house. like a living garbage disposal

Radiant Oath

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Konradleijon wrote:
Archpaladin Zousha wrote:
I mean it's not like he was gonna eat anything in that fridge anyway. It's probably all spoiled and smelly at this point, so if she wants to eat it he's not gonna argue.
Urgathoa is a trash women who eats your old expired food as she crashes in your house. like a living garbage disposal

And then tries to eat YOU once the fridge is empty.


I've always seen Charon as the most patient of the four. It's his patience and willingness to sit, observe, and play the long game that have kept him as the first, last, and only Horseman of Death for all this time while his peers keep playing their game of Dead Men's Boots.

Liberty's Edge

Zon-kuthon is the god of darkness. Many undead like darkness. And several hate the sun as much as ZK does.


Perpdepog wrote:
I've always seen Charon as the most patient of the four. It's his patience and willingness to sit, observe, and play the long game that have kept him as the first, last, and only Horseman of Death for all this time while his peers keep playing their game of Dead Men's Boots.

i picture him as a grumpy dad taking care of his younger kids (the other horseman) and trying to get the young uns off his young (mortals)


I was wondering something similar. Specifically, Urgatoa and Apollyon are on the same plane, have the same alignment, and the same portfolio (disease)? So, are they friends or enemies? I would guess friends, since she hasn't killed him a long time ago. She's a full-fledged deity, while he's "just" a CR 29 Horseman. Obviously, he wouldn't stand a chance.


That is honestly an interesting thought.

But I don't think they meet often while they are on the same "plane" that plane is huge. Considering that Charon is involved it wouldn't surprise me if he is keeping any fights under tight seal, it might even be one of the reasons why he helped Urgatoa get a piece land.

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Lost Omens Campaign Setting / General Discussion / Questions about Urgathoa’s relationship.Why does Charon let Urgathoa and Zyphus crash in Abaddon? and Why is it that Urgathoa and Zon-Kuthon as allies? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.