Paizo at White House!


Paizo General Discussion


21 people marked this as a favorite.

Or preceisely, Alex Speidel representing Paizo Workers United met with President Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris, Secretary of Labor Marty Walsh, and other worker organizers at the White House to discuss how he and his co-workers at Paizo won voluntary recognition for their union.

Hopefully, he also got to ask Biden what is his favourite Cleric domain and whether's he's more of Against the Giants or Lamentations of Flame Princess kind of guy.

Funny how something that would be likely never possible thanks to decisions of Paizo management happened thanks to the effort of rank-and-file employees :)


6 people marked this as a favorite.

Congratulations and all power to the union!

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I did not think it would go so high. Congrats on this. And it helps underline that the official status (employee vs freelancer) matters less than the actual work relation.

Still feels a little bummed that customers' support for the cause was not mentioned at all.

I guess everyone takes us for granted.

Silver Crusade

6 people marked this as a favorite.

*headpats*

Not a good time TRB

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Here is the picture from the potus twitter feed

Alex is the one who is third from the right (wearing the red T shirt and a suit)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

This is cool!

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32, 2011 Top 16

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Totally Not Gorbacz wrote:

Or preceisely, Alex Speidel representing Paizo Workers United met with President Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris, Secretary of Labor Marty Walsh, and other worker organizers at the White House to discuss how he and his co-workers at Paizo won voluntary recognition for their union.

Hopefully, he also got to ask Biden what is his favourite Cleric domain and whether's he's more of Against the Giants or Lamentations of Flame Princess kind of guy.

Funny how something that would be likely never possible thanks to decisions of Paizo management happened thanks to the effort of rank-and-file employees :)

I would pay good money to see them try to teach Biden to play Pathfinder.


10 people marked this as a favorite.
JoelF847 wrote:
Totally Not Gorbacz wrote:

Or preceisely, Alex Speidel representing Paizo Workers United met with President Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris, Secretary of Labor Marty Walsh, and other worker organizers at the White House to discuss how he and his co-workers at Paizo won voluntary recognition for their union.

Hopefully, he also got to ask Biden what is his favourite Cleric domain and whether's he's more of Against the Giants or Lamentations of Flame Princess kind of guy.

Funny how something that would be likely never possible thanks to decisions of Paizo management happened thanks to the effort of rank-and-file employees :)

I would pay good money to see them try to teach Biden to play Pathfinder.

It would look something like:

Alex: So, Mr President, it's a fantasy role-playing game. Role-playing games work like this...
Biden: Like Dungeons and Dragons, I know, played it once.
Alex: Yes, so our game is Pathfinder, it's like...
Biden: Like Dungeons and Dragons, I see, it's got Armor Class, hit points, you can play a Cleric, got it.
Alex: Yes, but our game is different than Dungeons and Dragons, because...
Biden: You can play a gnome now, told ya Alex, I'm pretty up to date.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

KICKASS

Liberty's Edge

4 people marked this as a favorite.

Does'nt this thread violate the ban on political threads here?

Or is it only political threads that the staff don't agree with banned?

Silver Crusade

15 people marked this as a favorite.

Bless your heart.

A Paizo employee went to the White House on official Union/Paizo business.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
CapeCodRPGer wrote:

Does'nt this thread violate the ban on political threads here?

Or is it only political threads that the staff don't agree with banned?

Did you not look at the pictures?


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Totally Not Gorbacz wrote:
JoelF847 wrote:
Totally Not Gorbacz wrote:

Or preceisely, Alex Speidel representing Paizo Workers United met with President Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris, Secretary of Labor Marty Walsh, and other worker organizers at the White House to discuss how he and his co-workers at Paizo won voluntary recognition for their union.

Hopefully, he also got to ask Biden what is his favourite Cleric domain and whether's he's more of Against the Giants or Lamentations of Flame Princess kind of guy.

Funny how something that would be likely never possible thanks to decisions of Paizo management happened thanks to the effort of rank-and-file employees :)

I would pay good money to see them try to teach Biden to play Pathfinder.

It would look something like:

Alex: So, Mr President, it's a fantasy role-playing game. Role-playing games work like this...
Biden: Like Dungeons and Dragons, I know, played it once.
Alex: Yes, so our game is Pathfinder, it's like...
Biden: Like Dungeons and Dragons, I see, it's got Armor Class, hit points, you can play a Cleric, got it.
Alex: Yes, but our game is different than Dungeons and Dragons, because...
Biden: You can play a gnome now, told ya Alex, I'm pretty up to date.

Great.

Now I'm gonna see a gnome cleric every time I look at him.

Liberty's Edge

3 people marked this as a favorite.

If Trump was still in office and this happened, would there be a thread about it here?


17 people marked this as a favorite.
CapeCodRPGer wrote:
If Trump was still in office and this happened, would there be a thread about it here?

Considering it’s about Paizo staff… yes?

I’m not sure he would’ve been excited about a diversity-focused labor union, though :p


21 people marked this as a favorite.
CapeCodRPGer wrote:

Does'nt this thread violate the ban on political threads here?

Or is it only political threads that the staff don't agree with banned?

Hey, I wrote that rule.

No. Absolutely no.


6 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
CapeCodRPGer wrote:
If Trump was still in office and this happened, would there be a thread about it here?

He is not. Get over it.


9 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
CapeCodRPGer wrote:
If Trump was still in office and this happened, would there be a thread about it here?
He is not. Get over it.

Don’t bother, that user just got permabanned for a transphobic rant.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

If I ever get invited to the White House on company business I would at least hope someone in my company mentioned it.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Everyone else at Paizo probably: No need. Alex won’t shut up about it.

XD

Paizo Employee Organized Play Coordinator

13 people marked this as a favorite.
Rysky wrote:

Everyone else at Paizo probably: No need. Alex won’t shut up about it.

XD

I have been extremely chill about it, thank you!


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Alex Speidel wrote:
I have been extremely chill about it, thank you!

For certain values of "chill".

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Alex Speidel wrote:
Rysky wrote:

Everyone else at Paizo probably: No need. Alex won’t shut up about it.

XD

I have been extremely chill about it, thank you!

Still sad you didn't actually have to explain your job to Joe Biden.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

The camera shot of a stuffed Skittermander and Goblin with the White House ominously in the background was great.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Alex Speidel wrote:
Rysky wrote:

Everyone else at Paizo probably: No need. Alex won’t shut up about it.

XD

I have been extremely chill about it, thank you!

Alex: I'm chill, I swear!

Alex's avatar:


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Leon Aquilla wrote:
If I ever get invited to the White House on company business I would at least hope someone in my company mentioned it.

Unless, of course, it's a secret meeting . . . .


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
UnArcaneElection wrote:
Leon Aquilla wrote:
If I ever get invited to the White House on company business I would at least hope someone in my company mentioned it.

Unless, of course, it's a secret meeting . . . .

That's when it gets mentioned in Dark Archive

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

5 people marked this as a favorite.
xNellynelx wrote:
UnArcaneElection wrote:
Leon Aquilla wrote:
If I ever get invited to the White House on company business I would at least hope someone in my company mentioned it.

Unless, of course, it's a secret meeting . . . .

That's when it gets mentioned in Dark Archive

What Dark Archive? We only have regular archives here.

Community / Forums / Paizo / General Discussion / Paizo at White House! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in General Discussion