Paizocon 2022 guesses


Pathfinder Second Edition General Discussion

51 to 100 of 247 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Travelling Sasha wrote:

I also don't think, despite agreeing that norse-fantasy has been something pretty popular, that there's any... I don't know, any big or relevant norse-inspired place within the ttrpg scene, is there? Like, somewhere very famous. In fact, I think there's not a big or relevant norse-inspired ttrpg itself at all. Something to consider!

There's also no big greek-inspired place within the RPG scene as well, Paizo. Something for you guys to consider. Oh, if only you had the perfect place to explore for that... A place that starts with I, and ends with blydos. I guess that place would need to have an iconic ancestry pertaining to a mythological creature, huh? Like... I dunno, descendents of Medusas. Oh well, something to dream about.

Are you actually talking about the entire TTRPG industry or just D&D/PF/Similar?

Iron Edda is a real good Norse-inspired TTRPG where you build holdfasts and people animate giant skeletons to have kaiju battles with the gods.

Agon is a Greek-inspired game of heroic legend. Haven't played this one but Evil Hat pretty much only puts out great stuff.

Scion is more metamyth than any particular region but much of the language the game uses is very Greek/Roman.

Mythender is a very murder-the-gods game with an incredibly specific set of mechanics that does a really good job of selling "suplexing Thor into a mountain" or "strangling the World Serpent with the World Serpent". Mostly Norse-themed in its base setting.

On-Topic: I just want to see more experimental content. Gimme weird stuff that pushes the boundaries of D&D-style fantasy gaming. New takes on Mythic, more mechanics/classes to engage with non-combat parts of the game, more variant rules. Kineticist and Shifter are probably the two classes I'm most interested in of stuff to port from PF1. I'd love to see more on Irrisen but it got quite a bit with Reign of Winter and additional tidbits in the Baba Yaga write-up.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Re: Greek stuff, 5e did a whole Theros hardcover not that long ago.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
CorvusMask wrote:

Note that I want 2e mythic for both "epic demigod final boss" games and for "lower level super heroics games where players can do some really gonzo over powerful stuff".

(since lets face it almost all of 2e content so far works on level of plausibility where only legendary skill feats allow for some really weird laws of physics breaking stuff. You can't do things like running through walls juggernaut style in this game yet or throw massive boulders xD)

I want mythic for endgame demigod lvl stuff mostly & the monsters like the whispering tyrant geb the four horsemen & so on


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Travelling Sasha wrote:

But getting back to topic: I know that the Knights of Lastwall are not technically from Lastwall anymore, but if we were to try to see it as a hint to the next metaregion that is going to be released after Impossible Lands... Maybe the Eye of the Dread isn't that far away at all!

Plus, I'm so very sure that people love gothic fantasy (or well, people seem to like Ravenloft a lot at least), it always came off as interesting that Ustalav wasn't more prominent.

Ustalav was the backdrop for I want to say at least one entire AP, and forms the backdrop for the beginning of Strange Aeons and is also where bits of Tyrant's Grasp take place. It also had a Campaign Setting book to itself and was the setting for the first Pathfinder Tales novel. Not arguing against people loving gothic; just pointing out that Ustalav has been fairly well represented.


Perpdepog wrote:
Travelling Sasha wrote:

But getting back to topic: I know that the Knights of Lastwall are not technically from Lastwall anymore, but if we were to try to see it as a hint to the next metaregion that is going to be released after Impossible Lands... Maybe the Eye of the Dread isn't that far away at all!

Plus, I'm so very sure that people love gothic fantasy (or well, people seem to like Ravenloft a lot at least), it always came off as interesting that Ustalav wasn't more prominent.

Ustalav was the backdrop for I want to say at least one entire AP, and forms the backdrop for the beginning of Strange Aeons and is also where bits of Tyrant's Grasp take place. It also had a Campaign Setting book to itself and was the setting for the first Pathfinder Tales novel. Not arguing against people loving gothic; just pointing out that Ustalav has been fairly well represented.

It’s also not all that changed from 1e materials other than the Whispering Tyrant being over the border, right? And it got extra-length sections in both Guns & Gears and Book of the Dead.

Ustalav fans aren’t hurting for goodies, and with Ravenloft all over 5e, Paizo might not want to directly compete.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
keftiu wrote:
Re: Greek stuff, 5e did a whole Theros hardcover not that long ago.

And Odyssey of the Dragonlords is one of the more popular third party settings/campaigns for 5e.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Yggdrasill is a french TTRPG.

Hint : it is not about Greece.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens Subscriber

The fact that other TTRPGs have Greek-inspired settings shouldn’t preclude Paizo from giving more attention to Iblydos! I think the Pathfinder 2e system lends itself well to the types of stories that can be told there, and I’m way more interested to see what Paizo’s writers can do with it vs. what I’ve seen of those other systems.


Saedar wrote:


Are you actually talking about the entire TTRPG industry or just D&D/PF/Similar?

The general TTRPG industry! And I have actually played Agon before — it's a great, great game, though pretty niche. When I said big or relevant, I guess I did mean more like, in popularity. Maybe it's a me thing, but if I think of a superhero ttrpg, there's Mutants & Masterminds! Or, If I think of a hardcore simulationist TTRPG, there's Gurps. If I think of Cyberpunk, there's Shadowrun and, well, Cyberpunk 2020; if I think of low fantasy or grimdark or whatever, then Warhammmer or Shadows of the Demon Lord comes up. Urban Fantasy games? The White Wolf line. Pulpy games? Savage Worlds... Horror? Call of Cthulhu.

But I dunno, nothing comes to mind when I think of norse or greek inspired games. But I know there's some around! I know that Gurps has a supplement for everything, and Mythras has great supplements for certain periods of time. Saga of the Icelanders is more about, well... Icelanders, but it's sill thematically similar to some; and Fate of the Norns seems to be a proper Vikings: The RPG. I've also have heard of Yggdrasil too, but very lightly.

RE: Ustalav, you guys are right! Thinking back, there is a lot of content on them. Though... I dunno. Wouldn't it make sense to invest more on gothic fantasy because of Ravenloft's success? Or no?

Personally, if we were to get a book dedicated to a more traditional region, I think I do lean a little more towards the Eye of Dread. Although, with so much stuff on undead coming out, maybe we won't be getting to them so soon? The again, if not now, I'm not sure when is going to be more thematically approriate (although it doesn't need to, I guess).

(also give us Iblydos Paizo plz)


4 people marked this as a favorite.

I wish I felt like there was any chance of 2023 being the Golden Road's year, but it just doesn't feel like they've gestured toward that region much at all so far. It's a shame; it would be really tidy to have all 3 regions in Garund like that.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
keftiu wrote:
I wish I felt like there was any chance of 2023 being the Golden Road's year, but it just doesn't feel like they've gestured toward that region much at all so far. It's a shame; it would be really tidy to have all 3 regions in Garund like that.

I'd loooove if they surprised us with a Golden Road year! But if there is any foreshadowing at all to be considered, then I really think that the meta region that they're going to tackle next is the Eye of Dread. The recent undead content segways very nicely into there, and with Knights of Lastwall coming out soon-ish...

Or I'm terribly missing my mark here. Anyways, let's cross our fingers for a bunch of Golden Road content being announced in the next conventions!

The only thing I'd love even more is if we got a LO: Darklands book! People love their Darklands ancestries, and me personally, I'm just after more Darklands goodies and info.

(No, Into the Darklands and Darklands Revisited is not enough...)


Travelling Sasha wrote:
keftiu wrote:
I wish I felt like there was any chance of 2023 being the Golden Road's year, but it just doesn't feel like they've gestured toward that region much at all so far. It's a shame; it would be really tidy to have all 3 regions in Garund like that.
I'd loooove if they surprised us with a Golden Road year! But if there is any foreshadowing at all to be considered, then I really think that the meta region that they're going to tackle next is the Eye of Dread. The recent undead content segways very nicely into there, and with Knights of Lastwall coming out soon-ish...

I think the snarl there is that the gap between Book of the Dead/Knights of Lastwall and any Eye of Dread book would be over a year, which is a good long while to still be thinking of that as at all synergistic.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Travelling Sasha wrote:
keftiu wrote:
I wish I felt like there was any chance of 2023 being the Golden Road's year, but it just doesn't feel like they've gestured toward that region much at all so far. It's a shame; it would be really tidy to have all 3 regions in Garund like that.

I'd loooove if they surprised us with a Golden Road year! But if there is any foreshadowing at all to be considered, then I really think that the meta region that they're going to tackle next is the Eye of Dread. The recent undead content segways very nicely into there, and with Knights of Lastwall coming out soon-ish...

Or I'm terribly missing my mark here. Anyways, let's cross our fingers for a bunch of Golden Road content being announced in the next conventions!

The only thing I'd love even more is if we got a LO: Darklands book! People love their Darklands ancestries, and me personally, I'm just after more Darklands goodies and info.

(No, Into the Darklands and Darklands Revisited is not enough...)

I think it's plenty, just for PF1E. Kind of the downside of such a drastic upset in rules with an edition change is there is this backlog of cool stuff and no way to port it all over quickly and efficiently while also doing the new stuff the writers understandably want to do.

That being said, gib Darklands book please, pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease.


Michael Sayre is the king of subtle and mysterious hype.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Michael Sayre made a post in the dark archive product page forums that he was going to be talking about something new at paizo on, for those who haven't seen that yet. That's enough reason for me to start getting hopeful about seeing a new rulebook! I do still doubt it would be for this year, especially if it has classes in it.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
keftiu wrote:
Ventnor wrote:
keftiu wrote:
Rysky wrote:
Him dying and yakity sax kicking in as his priests scramble to maintain control would be an awesome setup for an adventure.
Yes! Razmiran has been pretty inert since it was introduced, and seeing what comes out of the chaos once he kicks the bucket feels like the most interesting thing to do with the place - and doubly so if believers start receiving divine magic afterwards...
Heir of the Living God would be pretty awesome name for an adventure path...
It feels more like an Adventure (like Night of the Gray Death) than an AP to me, personally. Maaaybe a 1-10 at a stretch, but I don't know if it has enough meat for that.

Depends on how far you take it.

- start out as "Hey. You're native Razmiran adventurers doing standard adventurer stuff. Here's how thigns are different adventuring in *this* place.
- work up to being somewhat important.
- The big guy dies. The party is in a position to actually be involved in deciding the direct outcome of this.
- Usher in a new era for the country based on PC choices/actions, with them as integral parts of the power structure keeping the whole system going.

Paizo Employee Designer

15 people marked this as a favorite.
Saedar wrote:
Michael Sayre is the king of subtle and mysterious hype.

Your praise pleases me and as such, I present you with my last pre-PaizoCon clue- no one in this thread has come close to guessing what I'm going to be talking about, but a person who I have talked to both here and in the PF2 subreddit did say something that was a hint in the right direction.

Paizo Employee Designer

9 people marked this as a favorite.

I'll tell you what, let's make a game of it!


6 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Michael Sayre wrote:
Saedar wrote:
Michael Sayre is the king of subtle and mysterious hype.
Your praise pleases me and as such, I present you with my last pre-PaizoCon clue- no one in this thread has come close to guessing what I'm going to be talking about, but a person who I have talked to both here and in the PF2 subreddit did say something that was a hint in the right direction.

Ok everybody I'm Pursuing a Lead and Devising a Stratagem.

Assuming its not referring directly to GGSigmar (whose recent posts are probably worth a look), the person in the linked post from the Dark Archive thread, who has had interactions with Sayre on both here and reddit?

I think I might actually qualify myself, but we would have interacted directly on the forums a long time ago I think, despite interacting with them on reddit more recently.

Sadly, the Inquisitor was mentioned up thread by Keftiu, so its not going to be that.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
The-Magic-Sword wrote:
Michael Sayre wrote:
Saedar wrote:
Michael Sayre is the king of subtle and mysterious hype.
Your praise pleases me and as such, I present you with my last pre-PaizoCon clue- no one in this thread has come close to guessing what I'm going to be talking about, but a person who I have talked to both here and in the PF2 subreddit did say something that was a hint in the right direction.

Ok everybody I'm Pursuing a Lead and Devising a Stratagem.

Assuming its not referring directly to GGSigmar (whose recent posts are probably worth a look), the person in the linked post from the Dark Archive thread, who has had interactions with Sayre on both here and reddit?

I think I might actually qualify myself, but we would have interacted directly on the forums a long time ago I think, despite interacting with them on reddit more recently.

Sadly, the Inquisitor was mentioned up thread by Keftiu, so its not going to be that.

I was thinking it could also be another Paizo employee (or ex-employee if it was Rogue_Eidolon) - who I'm sure have interacted with Sayre on PF2E reddit and forums. But that would be a bit of a cheeky direction.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Reddit isn't exactly the most accessible site, and I'm not too worried about spoilers in any case, but I'm now hoping we might be seeing a Book of the Damned port over to PF2E.

A longshot, but I'm basing this guess/hope on the fact that all of the rulebooks so far this year have been named after books or book collections in-universe, and Book of the Damned is also highly unlikely to have any new classes in it, which could explain why we haven't gotten a playtest announcement yet.

Sczarni

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Michael Sayre wrote:
I'll tell you what, let's make a game of it!

A book of class archetypes and other options to be released in the fall.

This book will include a LOT of variations on class concepts to help flesh out more and more of the system and introduce brand new concepts to various class designs. This is where Synthesis Summoner will be as well as creating bounded casters out of sorc and wizards with a lot of unique flare that brings their power back up.

This is why we didn't get a new class for the fall. What their doing is going to "break" the system wide open.

This is their advanced class guide like book.

Sczarni

Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

I suspect other class archetypes to be present such as bloodrager, which would give bounded spellcasting to barbarians at the cost of something. Not sure yet..

Sczarni

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

I'm not on reddit* I hope my commemt still counts for the game.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Verzen wrote:

A book of class archetypes and other options to be released in the fall.

This book will include a LOT of variations on class concepts to help flesh out more and more of the system and introduce brand new concepts to various class designs. This is where Synthesis Summoner will be as well as creating bounded casters out of sorc and wizards with a lot of unique flare that brings their power back up.

This is why we didn't get a new class for the fall. What their doing is going to "break" the system wide open.

This is their advanced class guide like book.

This seems super likely, given I'm not seeing anyone primarily predict this kind of book in this thread prior to Sayre's comment, and this prediction also meshes really well with previous hints Sayre's dropped about this book (presumably) in comments like the one The-Magic-Sword linked to earlier:

Michael Sayre wrote:
We've got books we haven't even announced yet that are going to have a big impact on the variety of options and play experiences in the game, and there's still just a lot of tread on the tire here. There's a lot of territory to explore before this edition even comes close to its expiration date, from coloring in the edges with things like monk bows and hobgoblin weapons and more magic tattoos, to reaching even farther past what we've shown so far to new types of spellcasters and mechanical executions of new and old concepts that we just haven't gotten to yet.

On a side note, super pleased to see "Waves and Warfare" snagging top upvoted comment in Sayre's thread. Book like that's been my most wanted rules expansion, so it makes me giddy to see more hype for that kind of thing.

Paizo Employee Designer

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Verzen wrote:
I'm not on reddit* I hope my commemt still counts for the game.

You have been seen.


Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Opsylum wrote:
Verzen wrote:

A book of class archetypes and other options to be released in the fall.

This book will include a LOT of variations on class concepts to help flesh out more and more of the system and introduce brand new concepts to various class designs. This is where Synthesis Summoner will be as well as creating bounded casters out of sorc and wizards with a lot of unique flare that brings their power back up.

This is why we didn't get a new class for the fall. What their doing is going to "break" the system wide open.

This is their advanced class guide like book.

This seems super likely, given I'm not seeing anyone primarily predict this kind of book in this thread prior to Sayre's comment, and this prediction also meshes really well with previous hints Sayre's dropped about this book (presumably) in comments like the one The-Magic-Sword linked to earlier:

While that would be great, I think it runs somewhat contrary to production directions that we've implicitly seen and explicitly informed about. I even remember seeing a comment from a Paizo employee recently, but I can't find it. The short version is that books that are primarily rules elements don't have as much of a purchasing drive as split lore + "crunch" books do, with everything on Archives of Nethys as it is.

I'd be happy to be wrong, but I am not sure that this is a "super likely" direction. Perhaps if the book was themed around "Heroes of the Multiverse", and cover NPCs with player options relating to them - maybe. But that feels more like Lost Omens line.

Sczarni

Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Xethik wrote:
Opsylum wrote:
Verzen wrote:

A book of class archetypes and other options to be released in the fall.

This book will include a LOT of variations on class concepts to help flesh out more and more of the system and introduce brand new concepts to various class designs. This is where Synthesis Summoner will be as well as creating bounded casters out of sorc and wizards with a lot of unique flare that brings their power back up.

This is why we didn't get a new class for the fall. What their doing is going to "break" the system wide open.

This is their advanced class guide like book.

This seems super likely, given I'm not seeing anyone primarily predict this kind of book in this thread prior to Sayre's comment, and this prediction also meshes really well with previous hints Sayre's dropped about this book (presumably) in comments like the one The-Magic-Sword linked to earlier:

While that would be great, I think it runs somewhat contrary to production directions that we've implicitly seen and explicitly informed about. I even remember seeing a comment from a Paizo employee recently, but I can't find it. The short version is that books that are primarily rules elements don't have as much of a purchasing drive as split lore + "crunch" books do, with everything on Archives of Nethys as it is.

I'd be happy to be wrong, but I am not sure that this is a "super likely" direction. Perhaps if the book was themed around "Heroes of the Multiverse", and cover NPCs with player options relating to them - maybe. But that feels more like Lost Omens line.

Eh depends on how they do it. How I would do it is like go into various alternate paths a Summoner might take and delve into the lore of synthesis summoners. Do the same for inquisitors, bloodragers, shifters, as well as some complete wild Mage options (different from wellspring) in which spells are easily entangled and disentangling them doesn't go as planned.

Think of a bounded spellcaster for sorc. But whenever they cast a spell of the appropriate level, they roll a d 20. If they roll 1-10, the spell is a random spell from a table and does not use a spell slot.

Synthesis summoners would get the physical stats of the eidolon and the mental stats of the Summoner. Since pf2e is so much different from.pf1e, I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be broken like it is in pf1e. They'd get bonuses to damage automatically(boost eidolon) and can either use the spells the Summoner has or the evolution feats the Eidolon has. They'd use the AC the Eidolon normally gets. They'd lose act together though.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

You started the 101 Monks thread.

So something inclusive to Monastic themes, maybe with Divine and Occult options, as those are the Traditions that operate behind a Ki Pool.

There, I made my guess.


6 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

Okay. I'm willing it into existence. High Seas related content. Why? Because I want it. But we SF: Pirates of Skydock and PF: Shardfall are both pirate themed. Do they correlate? Probably not. But a boy can dream. D:

Liberty's Edge

4 people marked this as a favorite.

I feel the Zeitgeist is Darklands and Book of feats (Skills, General, existing Classes, existing Ancestries). The latter could include the Inquisitor, which is the Divine skilled attacker class.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

You know, I'm not at all expecting these any time soon, but I think I can speak for most when I say I wouldn't be upset with an Advanced Ancestry Guide and Advanced Class Guide for 2e. Would be great books to simply expand on many/all the existent Ancestries and Classes in the system already. Ancestry book could add a few non-themed Ancestries; but I don't think it would be neccesary. Just someplace to expand on Shoony options would be nice. And I don't want any new Classes in the Class book, only additonal options for what we have. May be a good place to add things like Synthesis and Blood Magic, which didn't make the cut in other books.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I would love an alchemy focused book


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path Subscriber

Likewise. I've said before, but I really expected Guns and Gears to have more alchemy than it wound up including.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I don't much care for alchemy... which is why I'd love for an alchemy book to sell me on it, and to give Thuvia some stuff to do. Every day, I feel the loss of the 1e Alchemist's gnarly body horror Discoveries, so if that came back, too, I'd be ecstatic.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
keftiu wrote:
I don't much care for alchemy... which is why I'd love for an alchemy book to sell me on it, and to give Thuvia some stuff to do. Every day, I feel the loss of the 1e Alchemist's gnarly body horror Discoveries, so if that came back, too, I'd be ecstatic.

RIP Hyde Alchemists


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I would /love/ an aberration bestiary, assuming Book of the Dead made a mold for themed bad guy books.

Sczarni

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Saedar wrote:
keftiu wrote:
I don't much care for alchemy... which is why I'd love for an alchemy book to sell me on it, and to give Thuvia some stuff to do. Every day, I feel the loss of the 1e Alchemist's gnarly body horror Discoveries, so if that came back, too, I'd be ecstatic.
RIP Hyde Alchemists

I really REALLY want functional Hyde alchemists back. Hopefully we'll get a class archetype for that.


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

More support would be cool, but I'd kind of like some support for other kinds of alchemists too. Right now Feral Mutagen is the only real combat enabler for mutagenists, which consequently makes bestial so much better in a fight than its direct competitors.


Squiggit wrote:
More support would be cool, but I'd kind of like some support for other kinds of alchemists too. Right now Feral Mutagen is the only real combat enabler for mutagenists, which consequently makes bestial so much better in a fight than its direct competitors.

They did just release the War-Blood mutagen in Outlaws of Alkenstar that is just a straight up +1 to melee weapons. Not the most exciting but if you get a martial weapon from your ancestry you are decent in melee at least.

Though I guess it doesn't have feat support like other mutagens.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
keftiu wrote:
I would /love/ an aberration bestiary, assuming Book of the Dead made a mold for themed bad guy books.

I've got my fingers crossed for this as well, though I'm not anticipating it this year. Paizo seem to release one bestiary-style book a year, so I'm hoping it's in next year's slot.

I'm also really hoping it comes with the same glut of options for playing aberration-focused characters. Something like a port of the PF1E Child of Yog-Sothoth template, as a heritage or an ancestry of its own, expanding Fleshwarp options to let players get weirder with things like body shape, number of legs, and so on, and of course I dearly, dearly, DEARLY want a Worm that Walks-style archetype.

I'm having a bit of trouble thinking of other aberration-themed archetypes that would let characters turn in to stuff, though another fun candidate could be the Amalgamite.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber
Verzen wrote:
Saedar wrote:
keftiu wrote:
I don't much care for alchemy... which is why I'd love for an alchemy book to sell me on it, and to give Thuvia some stuff to do. Every day, I feel the loss of the 1e Alchemist's gnarly body horror Discoveries, so if that came back, too, I'd be ecstatic.
RIP Hyde Alchemists
I really REALLY want functional Hyde alchemists back. Hopefully we'll get a class archetype for that.

True! My first 2E character was actually a Hyde character that I tried to pull out of what was available at the time. I enjoyed my animal instinct (ape) barbarian with the alchemist archetype, and just did RP for pretending my high STR and CON wasn't as useful when I wasn't raging (aka transformed).

RE: Mythic rules in 2E:

Honestly I could see this really working with the free archetype system. My only emphatic request is that it be closer to the really cool themes that the WotR Owlcat game made, rather than the generic ones that 1e mythic had.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

I'd love to see Black Blood return in an Aberration book. Good place to cover the Dominion of the Black a bit as well. An in depth look at Alghollthu seems like a given. In fact, I feel like an Aberration book would likely focus on examining some of the more major abberant creatures found on Golarion and have player facing options that stem from them or are good to combat them.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Ly'ualdre wrote:
I'd love to see Black Blood return in an Aberration book. Good place to cover the Dominion of the Black a bit as well. An in depth look at Alghollthu seems like a given. In fact, I feel like an Aberration book would likely focus on examining some of the more major abberant creatures found on Golarion and have player facing options that stem from them or are good to combat them.

An aberration bestiary with meaty chapter for both the algollthu and the Dominion + lots of nasty player options is kind of my dream rulebook line offering. I want it terribly.

With luck, Book of the Dead has set us up for more!

Sczarni

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
keftiu wrote:
Ly'ualdre wrote:
I'd love to see Black Blood return in an Aberration book. Good place to cover the Dominion of the Black a bit as well. An in depth look at Alghollthu seems like a given. In fact, I feel like an Aberration book would likely focus on examining some of the more major abberant creatures found on Golarion and have player facing options that stem from them or are good to combat them.

An aberration bestiary with meaty chapter for both the algollthu and the Dominion + lots of nasty player options is kind of my dream rulebook line offering. I want it terribly.

With luck, Book of the Dead has set us up for more!

If an aberration book comes out then I want elder mythos clerics back as a class archetype


7 people marked this as a favorite.

I have said it before, but I will happily say it again, I would love a Book of the Dead-style book for aberrations that went somewhat heavier on the player options side. Give us the aberrant eidolon with all the tentacles, and possibly a swarm evolution feat. Give us a few archetypes to play with for people who are warped in one way or another, and a Ranger-style "four archetypes in a trenchcoat" base class for going all-in. Oh, so very much this.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Ly'ualdre wrote:
I'd love to see Black Blood return in an Aberration book. Good place to cover the Dominion of the Black a bit as well. An in depth look at Alghollthu seems like a given. In fact, I feel like an Aberration book would likely focus on examining some of the more major abberant creatures found on Golarion and have player facing options that stem from them or are good to combat them.

If Neothelids are included, yes please! I've always been fascinated by the brief mentions of the ancient war between the Alghollthu and Neothelids. Would love a book that fleshes out both with other aberrations.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

Would it be more interesting for it to cover specific Aberrations in each chapter, or for each chapter to cover a broad environment that many Aberations are found it? Or maybe a mix of both?

For the environments, I'm thinking having something like "Undersea Aberrations", with the Alghollthu taking up a large portion of the chapter and then having smaller sections cover things like Grindylow, Iku-Turso, and Scylla. Then have another chapter for "Otherworld Aberrations", covering those creatures associated with the Dominion of the Black, alongside some others like Akata, Yithian, and the Hive. So on and so forth.

That would likely be my preference, that way we can see deep dives into more than just a handful of creatures.

In lieu of that, I'd be 100% fine a purely "Aberrant Bestiary", with several of the more interesting/important monsters getting two page write-ups, similar to those from Book of the Dead. I really hope to see more of that moving forward, honestly.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Aberration regions makes sense to me as well. Just like how you can split undead into feeding undead like vampires, shambling corporeal undead like skeletons and zombies, and incorporeal undead like ghosts, you can fairly easily split aberrations into those that exist deep beneath the sea, those that live far underground, and those that dwell up in the blackness of space.
Obviously there are outliers, but those three categories catch a lot of aberrations because those environments are some of the most foreign to us.

Also speaking of Yithians, some kind of archetype for mind-swapping with one, or being mind-swapped by one, would be neat. I could see that being a versatile heritage as well. It'd also be cool to re-examine some of the friendlier aberrations, like Contemplatives, who I just realized, again, would be fun to see as an ancestry.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I'd love for 2e versions of the Book of the Damned, Chronicle of the Righteous and Concordence of Rivals.

51 to 100 of 247 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Second Edition / General Discussion / Paizocon 2022 guesses All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.