About to run The Fall of Plaguestone. GMs how did you slot in the side quests, if used?


Advice


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber

Hi fellow PF2E GMs.
I’m going to be starting TFoP in a couple weeks (character creation nearly finalized) and they’ve all chosen backgrounds from the adventure module. If you used the side quests provided, at what points in the adventure did you slot those quests in?

I’ve got a human male cleric of Shelyn (Missionary background)
A ratfolk male swashbuckler (Teamster background)
A half-elf male sorcerer (Hag bloodline, and Lesser Scion background)
And a half-orc male fighter (Lost and Alone background).

It’s a very interesting group and I’m really looking forward to seeing what happens with The Fall of Plaguestone.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Dean; The_Minstrel_Wyrm


The_Minstrel_Wyrm wrote:

Hi fellow PF2E GMs.

I’m going to be starting TFoP in a couple weeks (character creation nearly finalized) and they’ve all chosen backgrounds from the adventure module. If you used the side quests provided, at what points in the adventure did you slot those quests in?

I’ve got a human male cleric of Shelyn (Missionary background)
A ratfolk male swashbuckler (Teamster background)
A half-elf male sorcerer (Hag bloodline, and Lesser Scion background)
And a half-orc male fighter (Lost and Alone background).

It’s a very interesting group and I’m really looking forward to seeing what happens with The Fall of Plaguestone.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Dean; The_Minstrel_Wyrm

GM who has ran this book before here.

You can technically slot them in at your leisure, since there isn't an actual timetable for all of the events in the book. They can take a day or two between events, or even a week, if you feel the pressure is (or isn't) enough.

I would recommend some time(s) after the initial encounter and plot point that comes afterward, if you want a more precise answer. That was the time that I chose, and I enjoyed that the players actually took to some of the side quests, and found some interesting ways to finish them out.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber

Thanks. I appreciate your response and insight.

* related note, not sure where Etran’s Folly is situated (I more or less understand it’s close to Isger, Cheliax, and Andoran) but does it appear on any maps … like say in the Lost Omens World Guide? (Recently ordered that book).

The Lesser Scion PC … I intend to make an adventure involving him and the PCs going to Almas to stay with/visit his relatives (after Plaguestone concludes) and was just wondering where Etran’s Folly lies on the map.

Scarab Sages

The_Minstrel_Wyrm wrote:

Thanks. I appreciate your response and insight.

* related note, not sure where Etran’s Folly is situated (I more or less understand it’s close to Isger, Cheliax, and Andoran) but does it appear on any maps … like say in the Lost Omens World Guide? (Recently ordered that book).

The Lesser Scion PC … I intend to make an adventure involving him and the PCs going to Almas to stay with/visit his relatives (after Plaguestone concludes) and was just wondering where Etran’s Folly lies on the map.

I think it's fairly close to the Andoran border, but it isn't on any maps.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber
NECR0G1ANT wrote:
The_Minstrel_Wyrm wrote:

Thanks. I appreciate your response and insight.

* related note, not sure where Etran’s Folly is situated (I more or less understand it’s close to Isger, Cheliax, and Andoran) but does it appear on any maps … like say in the Lost Omens World Guide? (Recently ordered that book).

The Lesser Scion PC … I intend to make an adventure involving him and the PCs going to Almas to stay with/visit his relatives (after Plaguestone concludes) and was just wondering where Etran’s Folly lies on the map.

I think it's fairly close to the Andoran border, but it isn't on any maps.

Thanks

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Second Edition / Advice / About to run The Fall of Plaguestone. GMs how did you slot in the side quests, if used? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.