'BLOOD LORDS' Adventure Path


Pathfinder Adventure Path General Discussion

51 to 100 of 127 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

The Raven Black wrote:
Isn't that kind of what happens in Tyrant's grasp ?

Not really to the extent I'm thinking of, based on what I've seen.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Put my hope down for the next big bad after the Tyrant is a returned Choral leading a massive army of red dragons to bring about a new draconic kingdom. He's just asking to come back soon, and i can see a whole lot of other nations busy recovering from dealing with the Tyrant as an ample time for him to show up and expand his kingdom (after recovering his old one first).


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
PossibleCabbage wrote:
CorvusMask wrote:
It does make sense since Arazni's main connection to Geb was "its where she was held against her will". She is from Arcadia and more connected to Inner Sea region from her work as Aroden's herald and through grudge towards Tar-Babhon for killing her in first place.
It feels to me like Arazni does want to settle some business with Geb, but Tar-Baphon takes priority and that's gonna take as long as it is gonna take.

True. At the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if Nex gets a little bit of unasked for (and possibly unwanted) divine aid when he comes back.


Vorsk, Follower or Erastil wrote:
Put my hope down for the next big bad after the Tyrant is a returned Choral leading a massive army of red dragons to bring about a new draconic kingdom. He's just asking to come back soon, and i can see a whole lot of other nations busy recovering from dealing with the Tyrant as an ample time for him to show up and expand his kingdom (after recovering his old one first).

This is pretty clearly a hook LO: Legends gestured at, but I don’t know how much the PF2 crowd - devs and fanbase both - would go for something that looked so traditional Western high fantasy. “The big warlord with the dragon stuff” would be hard to make feel fresh.

Liberty's Edge

PossibleCabbage wrote:

I genuinely hope that Blood Lords is written with "Screw it, we just want to hurt [whoever is most loathsome in the vicinity]" as a potential outcome.

Our Hell's Vengeance game kind of imploded when the entire party collectively decided we hated our employers more than our ostensible enemies (personal grievances outweigh alignment, particularly when you're evil jerks.)

It would be better IMO to have employers that while Evil are not jerks any party would want to kill.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
keftiu wrote:
Vorsk, Follower or Erastil wrote:
Put my hope down for the next big bad after the Tyrant is a returned Choral leading a massive army of red dragons to bring about a new draconic kingdom. He's just asking to come back soon, and i can see a whole lot of other nations busy recovering from dealing with the Tyrant as an ample time for him to show up and expand his kingdom (after recovering his old one first).
This is pretty clearly a hook LO: Legends gestured at, but I don’t know how much the PF2 crowd - devs and fanbase both - would go for something that looked so traditional Western high fantasy. “The big warlord with the dragon stuff” would be hard to make feel fresh.

If done well (which I have no doubt Paizo would do based on their track record) I believe it would be a hit. Western Fantasy has a huge fanbase and i dont doubt it will always find fans. Look at how well abomination vaults is viewed here on the boards and Age of Ashes did in the rankings done by the rankings presented recently.

And after so many big bads being casters (the rune lords, the tyrant, geb, not to mention all the ap bbegs who are or were casters like the sky Pharoah, Ileosah, the ghost arcanist/sorcerer aboleth of Ruins, Belcora in Abomination vaults, Olansa and Sarvel Ever-Hunger being a clerics for an evil god/demon lord in more recent books) I feel an actual straight forward WARLORD would be something new. The ones we have had recently being the Stormtyrant and Azaersi.


Vorsk, Follower or Erastil wrote:
keftiu wrote:
Vorsk, Follower or Erastil wrote:
Put my hope down for the next big bad after the Tyrant is a returned Choral leading a massive army of red dragons to bring about a new draconic kingdom. He's just asking to come back soon, and i can see a whole lot of other nations busy recovering from dealing with the Tyrant as an ample time for him to show up and expand his kingdom (after recovering his old one first).
This is pretty clearly a hook LO: Legends gestured at, but I don’t know how much the PF2 crowd - devs and fanbase both - would go for something that looked so traditional Western high fantasy. “The big warlord with the dragon stuff” would be hard to make feel fresh.

If done well (which I have no doubt Paizo would do based on their track record) I believe it would be a hit. Western Fantasy has a huge fanbase and i dont doubt it will always find fans. Look at how well abomination vaults is viewed here on the boards and Age of Ashes did in the rankings done by the rankings presented recently.

And after so many big bads being casters (the rune lords, the tyrant, geb, not to mention all the ap bbegs who are or were casters like the sky Pharoah, Ileosah, the ghost arcanist/sorcerer aboleth of Ruins, Belcora in Abomination vaults, Olansa and Sarvel Ever-Hunger being a clerics for an evil god/demon lord in more recent books) I feel an actual straight forward WARLORD would be something new. The ones we have had recently being the Stormtyrant and Azaersi.

Does Barzillai Thrune, the best Paizo villain, count? He has spells but he's more a "self buff and then enter combat" kinda baddie.

Though, I think a core issue with non-caster BBEGs is that 3.xx as a chassis just isn't built to support versatile fighter types as boss villains. I mean, even with PF, there just aren't many ways to build a BBEG fighter that isn't just a meatshield with a couple of combat maneuvers.


Vorsk, Follower or Erastil wrote:
keftiu wrote:
Vorsk, Follower or Erastil wrote:
Put my hope down for the next big bad after the Tyrant is a returned Choral leading a massive army of red dragons to bring about a new draconic kingdom. He's just asking to come back soon, and i can see a whole lot of other nations busy recovering from dealing with the Tyrant as an ample time for him to show up and expand his kingdom (after recovering his old one first).
This is pretty clearly a hook LO: Legends gestured at, but I don’t know how much the PF2 crowd - devs and fanbase both - would go for something that looked so traditional Western high fantasy. “The big warlord with the dragon stuff” would be hard to make feel fresh.

If done well (which I have no doubt Paizo would do based on their track record) I believe it would be a hit. Western Fantasy has a huge fanbase and i dont doubt it will always find fans. Look at how well abomination vaults is viewed here on the boards and Age of Ashes did in the rankings done by the rankings presented recently.

And after so many big bads being casters (the rune lords, the tyrant, geb, not to mention all the ap bbegs who are or were casters like the sky Pharoah, Ileosah, the ghost arcanist/sorcerer aboleth of Ruins, Belcora in Abomination vaults, Olansa and Sarvel Ever-Hunger being a clerics for an evil god/demon lord in more recent books) I feel an actual straight forward WARLORD would be something new. The ones we have had recently being the Stormtyrant and Azaersi.

I am super on board with another warlord-style big bad showing up. Also Azaersi is my boo. Canonically one of the smartest villains, in my opinion, and she's never cracked a spellbook.

Ian G wrote:
Does Barzillai Thrune, the best Paizo villain, count? He has spells but he's more a "self buff and then enter combat" kinda baddie.

I'd still classify him as a caster. He is a half-casting class, after all.

Ian G wrote:
Though, I think a core issue with non-caster BBEGs is that 3.xx as a chassis just isn't built to support versatile fighter types as boss villains. I mean, even with PF, there just aren't many ways to build a BBEG fighter that isn't just a meatshield with a couple of combat maneuvers.

Thankfully this is no longer the case in PF2E. Martials can do stuff now, and most especially can do stuff if they're an NPC, which doesn't necessarily have to follow the rules of a PC class if they don't want him to.

I know I keep saying this, but a battle with Choral seems like it'd be a good place for a Pathfinder Adventure to happen, even if it may necessarily rob some of the buildup because it's in one adventure. While I'd like to see that battle happen, I don't think it would hold enough interest for a six-part AP, and honestly if it was a choice between it and some other three-parter, high-level APs I'd probably go with something else.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

If they do keep humanoids as food in Geb, would it be better go the direction of "camp" instead of "grimdark" by portraying humanoids in the fashion of: minotaur burgers, human pork, elf salad ears, halfling protein shakes, mystery meat, and so on?

Especially when players have the options of being undead with archetypes. Time to bite into another Gary, or drink Diet Gary.


PossibleCabbage wrote:
I genuinely hope that Blood Lords is written with "Screw it, we just want to hurt [whoever is most loathsome in the vicinity]" as a potential outcome.

Yah, but I hope it also solidly supports players wanting to solidly get into characters whose morality fits well with that situation, rather than fretting overly much about how compatible that is with player morality.

Quote:
Our Hell's Vengeance game kind of imploded when the entire party collectively decided we hated our employers more than our ostensible enemies (personal grievances outweigh alignment, particularly when you're evil jerks.)

Not if you're Lawful Evil they don't; that's kind of the defining line with Lawful alignments at my table.


I know it's a good ways out, but it's fascinating that we still don't really know the premise for this yet. Any guesses?

Do we think it's the "war with Nex" AP?

Silver Crusade

4 people marked this as a favorite.

The Blood Lords are putting together a surprise birthday for Nex and we have to align with a certain one to get the best gifts.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Rysky wrote:
The Blood Lords are putting together a surprise birthday for Nex and we have to align with a certain one to get the best gifts.

You joke, but I'm desperately hoping this has a "pick-a-patron" element somewhere in it. My favorite thing to do in play is align with factions.

Silver Crusade

Ye!


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
keftiu wrote:

I know it's a good ways out, but it's fascinating that we still don't really know the premise for this yet. Any guesses?

Do we think it's the "war with Nex" AP?

I think it will be about internal politics and maybe an interloping faction or individual with a MacGuffin that lets them Do A Thing that has the potential to threaten the Gebbian way of life. It will be a 'Maintain the status quo' style adventure. They have stated that this will not be an 'evil' AP, so any activity that expands the grasp of Geb's necromantic supremacy agenda beyond the borders of Geb starts to fall afoul of that, in my opinion. Maybe an outcome could be supporting a warmongering Blood Lord setting up future conflict in that vein, but it could also be opposing one in a desire to avoid the scrutiny of a new Crusade against undead.

Also, the reappearance of Tar-Baphon and the loss of Arazni means that Geb's situation is unstable, internally. Geb could be having to make concessions to keep his agents here instead of flocking Tar-Baphon's banner while they've also lost the Head of State and no one remembers where Arazni hid the budget.

I think its going to be about exploring the Gebbian culture and keeping it from falling apart, all the while making players say "Man, this place is messed up. I can't wait to actually come back here and burn it down with Holy Fire."


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I think the premise is that in the power vacuum left by Arazni's apotheosis/freedom, Nex is taking control of the city and the people who were previously working under/against Arazni decided they preferred her hand on the wheel, but we can't just murk Geb because he's protecting us from Nex.

It's an AP about managing a toxic executive.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yeah, I've been getting kinda bummed out that neither Ron Lundeen nor any of the volume authors have chimed in -- my assumption is that they've been given a (perfectly understandable, even reasonable) directive to not-yet-publicly go into this one with Soooo many other products coming out before this one that Paizo wants to promote first.
.

keftiu wrote:
I know it's a good ways out, but it's fascinating that we still don't really know the premise for this yet. Any guesses?

.

Kasoh wrote:

I think it will be about internal politics .... Geb's situation is unstable, internally. Geb could be having to make concessions to keep his agents here instead of flocking Tar-Baphon's banner while they've also lost the Head of State and no one remembers where Arazni hid the budget.

I think its going to be about exploring the Gebbian culture and keeping it from falling apart.

.

I'm really hoping for a ton of intrigue and guile and innuendo -- a real ROLE-play heavy AP that Ron Lundeen suggested could be possible, at least in Vol 1.

Liberty's Edge

Countering Tar-Baphon without creating an opening for Nex to exploit and without making Arazni madder at Geb.

Liberty's Edge

I would like to play a non-Evil undead that tries to find a substitute to devouring sapient beings. Maybe experimenting with animal flesh or blood laced with positive energy.


The Raven Black wrote:
Countering Tar-Baphon without creating an opening for Nex to exploit and without making Arazni madder at Geb.

Doesn’t Tar-Baphon mostly hang out on his island in Avistan?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
keftiu wrote:
The Raven Black wrote:
Countering Tar-Baphon without creating an opening for Nex to exploit and without making Arazni madder at Geb.
Doesn’t Tar-Baphon mostly hang out on his island in Avistan?

For now, but if you were an undead warlord who wanted to find ways to get more undead armies, the nation where the majority of people are undead would be a really convenient source of almost-free troops to exploit, either by trying to convince them, or flexing your mythic necromancer muscles and saying bye-bye to all of those undead's autonomy.

TheRavenBlack wrote:
I would like to play a non-Evil undead that tries to find a substitute to devouring sapient beings. Maybe experimenting with animal flesh or blood laced with positive energy.

I'd recommend against that second one. I hear drinking plutonium-laced water is ... bad, and this would be pretty similar.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

12 people marked this as a favorite.
W E Ray wrote:
Yeah, I've been getting kinda bummed out that neither Ron Lundeen nor any of the volume authors have chimed in -- my assumption is that they've been given a (perfectly understandable, even reasonable) directive to not-yet-publicly go into this one with Soooo many other products coming out before this one that Paizo wants to promote first.

No such directives are given to developers to stay quiet. Not every employee is equally active on these forums, and furthermore, we're still quite a ways out from starting to really work toward drumming up interest for Blood Lords anyway.

In fact, since things can and often do change between an outline, an author's writing, and then the development of that author's writing, it's often irresponsible for us developers to go into too much detail about projects too early, because that ends up setting out false expectations, and then I have to pull out Tom Rex to reign things in, and he's sleeping. Tom Rex gets cranky if you wake him up during the cold months.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I don't know what Tom Rex looks like, but I just read some of the blogs for them and now I have the image of a T-Rex wielding a greatsword or greataxe with its teeny weeny arms in my head.

This pleases me greatly.


6 people marked this as a favorite.
Perpdepog wrote:

I don't know what Tom Rex looks like, but I just read some of the blogs for them and now I have the image of a T-Rex wielding a greatsword or greataxe with its teeny weeny arms in my head.

This pleases me greatly.

zzzzzzzzzzzzSNORT What? Oh... must have been a dream...grrrrrrzzzzzzzzz


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
keftiu wrote:
The Raven Black wrote:
Countering Tar-Baphon without creating an opening for Nex to exploit and without making Arazni madder at Geb.
Doesn’t Tar-Baphon mostly hang out on his island in Avistan?

Its true, but if he's going to be The Meta Plot's Next Big Bad, it'd be nice if he did something before there's an AP to put him back in his coffin.

And he doesn't have to appear that much. A few diplomats or suborning agents to beat up or ally with during politicking would go pretty far.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
keftiu wrote:

I know it's a good ways out, but it's fascinating that we still don't really know the premise for this yet. Any guesses?

Do we think it's the "war with Nex" AP?

Well, I believe one of the books is called Field if Maidens, which makes me think if anything we may be dealing more with Holomog in this then Nex. Though putting my two cents down on theory...

I'm betting something happens and an Undead Mastrien Slash returns with the goal of reviving her now undead army to crush Geb. Some undead vs undead action going on. Maybe not as the main plot to the AP, but definitely at least in a part of it


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Vorsk, Follower or Erastil wrote:
keftiu wrote:

I know it's a good ways out, but it's fascinating that we still don't really know the premise for this yet. Any guesses?

Do we think it's the "war with Nex" AP?

Well, I believe one of the books is called Field if Maidens, which makes me think if anything we may be dealing more with Holomog in this then Nex. Though putting my two cents down on theory...

I'm betting something happens and an Undead Mastrien Slash returns with the goal of reviving her now undead army to crush Geb. Some undead vs undead action going on. Maybe not as the main plot to the AP, but definitely at least in a part of it

"Ghost King's Revenge" as the finale does paint a particular portrait, though. There's one person Geb's famous for wanting to get even with, y'know?

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Nex ?

I don't think Geb wants revenge on Nex. I believe he wants to crush him to show how much stronger he is.

I see revenge as a consequence of betrayal. Likely revenge on the AP's BBEG.

If the PCs win that is. If the BBEG wins, maybe it's revenge on the PCs.

I can imagine the finale as both sides making their case in front of the all-powerful Evil undead king with how the PCs did in the AP deciding who will "enjoy" Geb's attention.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
The Raven Black wrote:

Nex ?

I don't think Geb wants revenge on Nex. I believe he wants to crush him to show how much stronger he is.

I see revenge as a consequence of betrayal. Likely revenge on the AP's BBEG.

If the PCs win that is. If the BBEG wins, maybe it's revenge on the PCs.

I can imagine the finale as both sides making their case in front of the all-powerful Evil undead king with how the PCs did in the AP deciding who will "enjoy" Geb's attention.

This. I have a feeling Blood Lords is going to be a courtly intrigue game far more then we expect. Think Vampire the Masquarade, Golarion edition


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

GEB won't be getting a statblock so either way I'll be sad when running this AP


All of this sounds awesome, especially the idea of an intrigue-themed undead ap. Makes me think over to the other thread going on about 1e vs 2e aps. It might be neat to use the Blood Lords AP to experiment with an AP built to specifically use milestone leveling. Keep XP and everything for those that like it but... I dunno. Maybe have an icon that is like "this is a NarrativeFocusedChapter TM. +1 level if using milestone leveling." Just to see how it might feel.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

I'm really looking forward to see how it plays out. It's not an 'evil' AP, but undead PCs are allowed, and you're working in the country of Geb... How does this work? I must know.

And I have so many character ideas, but by then I'll have Book of the Dead too!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Uchuujin wrote:

I'm really looking forward to see how it plays out. It's not an 'evil' AP, but undead PCs are allowed, and you're working in the country of Geb... How does this work? I must know.

And I have so many character ideas, but by then I'll have Book of the Dead too!

I forget where the post was, but I believe James has described it less as the "evil ap" and more as the "non-good ap", from an alignment perspective. So. Probably a lot of compromising decisions and sacrificing others to manifest your goals.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vorsk, Follower or Erastil wrote:
I have a feeling Blood Lords is going to be a courtly intrigue game far more then we expect. Think Vampire the Masquarade, Golarion edition

.

This is what I think is possible, and what Ron Lundeen mildly suggested -- though he may have only been referring to Vol 1.

It is ALL CONSUMINGLY that for what I am feverishly hoping.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Synopsis for Zombie Feast just popped up on the Products page;

"Something gnawing at you? The undead nation of Geb gains most of its international trade from the export of food grown on zombie-worked farms, but lately one farm has been the site of a series of strange occurrences. Dispatched to investigate the problem, the player characters discover a grave threat to Geb's minority living population, bringing them to the attention of the insidious Blood Lords who rule the land in the name of their undead wizard-king. Defeating the wicked forces behind the plot is the first step on a long road to gaining influence and power in Geb, but if the investigators can't solve the problem to the Blood Lords' satisfaction, their first step may be their last!

"Zombie Feast" is a Pathfinder adventure for four less-than-good-hearted 1st-level characters. The adventure begins the Blood Lords Adventure Path, a six-part, monthly campaign in which the characters rise from skilled troubleshooters to join the Blood Lords who rule a land of the dead. The adventure also details the Great Factions of Geb, whose favors are key to rising in political influence, and provides a complete gazetteer of the town of Graydirge, where the adventure takes place. New monsters, spells, undead companions, and more round out the bountiful buffet of "Zombie Feast"!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

This Path sounds much more fun than I first expected!

Paizo Employee Pathfinder Society Developer

5 people marked this as a favorite.
W E Ray wrote:
Yeah, I've been getting kinda bummed out that neither Ron Lundeen nor any of the volume authors have chimed in

I don't want to ruin your appetite for the feast. ;)


Just realized this on the product page - isn't channeling positive energy illegal in Geb? I can't imagine they'll enforce that, or else this would be a meatgrinder for living PCs.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
keftiu wrote:
Just realized this on the product page - isn't channeling positive energy illegal in Geb? I can't imagine they'll enforce that, or else this would be a meatgrinder for living PCs.

The key is not to get caught. Presumably, most fights will not be witnessed by foes expected to survive the fight and report you.

Alternatively, the passage of time and the change of editions might force an alteration of that law, as I don't think PF2 has an exact match for channeling energy. In PF1, casting Cure Light Wounds was a very different matter from channeling energy.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

That's true. Channeling energy was also able to be used to turn undead. It's understandable to see why a nation of undead wouldn't want that being a thing people could go around doing all willy nilly.

Casting a positive energy spell wouldn't be any more of a problem than casting negative energy spells would be, however. Not good, and you'd obviously get in trouble for misusing it, but I can't think of any nations that ban the use of Harm on pure principle.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

We also have more ways to heal besides poistive energy now.

Medicine, Soothe, and even the undead bloodlines focus spell could all help with ways to heal that aren't positive energy.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
mikeawmids wrote:
"...a grave threat..."

/giggle

Acquisitives

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

this is gonna be a fun one.

Scarab Sages

PossibleCabbage wrote:
I feel like the Nex/Geb/Arazni/Tar-Baphon storylines are all intertwined, and should constitute the major metaplot for 2e.

I don't think that Tar-Baphon will feature much in Blood Lords. That's one more mythic necromancer in the narrative than there needs to be. We've already seen Tar-Baphon recently but until now we've never seen a close-up of Geb and Gebbite society. I just don't see it happening.

Now, there's been hints that the Whispering Way will be involved in the Nex/Geb conflict, which I think could be fun.

Acquisitives

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
NECR0G1ANT wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:
I feel like the Nex/Geb/Arazni/Tar-Baphon storylines are all intertwined, and should constitute the major metaplot for 2e.

I don't think that Tar-Baphon will feature much in Blood Lords. That's one more mythic necromancer in the narrative than there needs to be. We've already seen Tar-Baphon recently but until now we've never seen a close-up of Geb and Gebbite society. I just don't see it happening.

Now, there's been hints that the Whispering Way will be involved in the Nex/Geb conflict, which I think could be fun.

Tyrant's Grasp has a healthy heaping of Gebbites. I am running TG now and will probably run Blood Lords as a quasi-sequel....


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I mean, the link between Geb and Tar-Baphon is via Arazni, who has beef with both Tar-Baphon and Geb (and probably the knights of Ozem and Aroden for good measure). She's got a lot of beefs so she's not obligated to intervene everywhere they come up, but she could.

Comparatively more inexperienced deities tend to be more active in the mortal realm, after all. The whole detente between divine powers is also less applicable when the deity in question is ruining the days of specific mortals they have reason to hate from their pre-apotheosis. Like if Arazni tried to kill every Necromancer, Urgathoa would have an issue with that, but if wants to kill a specific necromancer that previously wronged Arazni then Urgathoa might have to shrug that off.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
PossibleCabbage wrote:
Like if Arazni tried to kill every Necromancer, Urgathoa would have an issue with that, but if wants to kill a specific necromancer that previously wronged Arazni then Urgathoa might have to shrug that off.

Also, aren't Tar-Baphon and Urgathoa's church on the outs with each other after the end of Tyrant's Grasp? I vaguely recall that being a thing.


Kasoh wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:
Like if Arazni tried to kill every Necromancer, Urgathoa would have an issue with that, but if wants to kill a specific necromancer that previously wronged Arazni then Urgathoa might have to shrug that off.
Also, aren't Tar-Baphon and Urgathoa's church on the outs with each other after the end of Tyrant's Grasp? I vaguely recall that being a thing.

Not quite.

Spoiler:
One of Tar-Baphon's main advisors is a Daughter of Urgathoa, and a high-ranking priestess, and they are on the outs. She doesn't like how much he buys into his own hype and how of a megalomaniac he is--shocking, I know--and so she basically goes on strike. It's part of the reason why things in Fallowdeep have stalled in book 6. TB's captains are squabbling and the priestess feels like if he is so high and mighty he should be able to sort out his own messes.

7 people marked this as a favorite.

With the first two product pages up, we now finally have a good grasp of the premise for this: you play Gebbite troubleshooters who stop a threat that would destabilize the whole nation and rise in the political ladder to the very top, presumably dealing with some kind of conspiracy from within. There also seems to be an element of finding a patron faction, which has me VERY excited.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

I hope the factions are loosely collected around different kinds of undead. Like the eating/drinking undead are more represented in one faction, ethereal and spectral undead in another, the "workhorse" undead of skeletal champions and zombie lords--if they exist still--in a third.

I feel like an undead's genesis, ungenesis, necronesis, and specific requirements to exist comfortably will shape how they see the world, and I can easily imagine those viewpoints translating into factional policy debates.

51 to 100 of 127 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Adventure Path / General Discussion / 'BLOOD LORDS' Adventure Path All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.