Call to Action: #PAIZOACCOUNTABILITY needs your voice


Paizo General Discussion

301 to 350 of 554 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

11 people marked this as a favorite.

There are absolutely no guarantees that any additional $ Paizo would earn by getting us to buy collector's editions would end up in boosting salaries of low-ranked employees and not towards helping Lisa Stevens complete her Star Wars museum.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

What? What does that had to do with this? I was pointing how you could help Paizo employees directly, since you seem to beleive that the it is the ethical obligation of the company and the company's costumer to care that the employees have a "comfortably livable" income.

I say "comfortably livable" because you seem to disregard people that live on livable incomes or would consider that an acceptable deal as "grasping at scraps".

Let me tell you something, I was one of those people "grasping at scraps" a few years back. I was sharing an 800 square feet apartment with three other people. You build experience, you rise and fall, you improve your CV, and it gets better.

Humbly,
Yawar

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Also, the reason the collector's editions cost more isn't to provide more money to Paizo, it's because they cost more money to make.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Totally Not Gorbacz wrote:

There are absolutely no guarantees that any additional $ Paizo would earn by getting us to buy collector's editions would end up in boosting salaries of low-ranked employees and not towards helping Lisa Stevens complete her Star Wars museum.

I was talking about consumer budgetary constraints, pricing models, price bracketing and the price elasticity of demand. But you are right, administrative costs are practically sunken cost and not factored in pricing models. It is even the duty of any Hiring Department to hire a person best suited for the job at lowest possible salary.

Humbly,
Yawar


10 people marked this as a favorite.
YawarFiesta wrote:


Let me tell you something, I was one of those people "grasping at scraps" a few years back. I was sharing an 800 square feet apartment with three other people. You build experience, you rise and fall, you improve your CV, and it gets better.

Humbly,
Yawar

That's a touching story, but I lived with my wife for 9 years in a 400 sqm/38 m2 apartment and here I am, having a very different view on things than you do.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Mergy wrote:
Survivor's bias makes for a strange worldview.

It is the reality of lots of people.

RPG Superstar 2012

9 people marked this as a favorite.
Totally Not Gorbacz wrote:
YawarFiesta wrote:


Let me tell you something, I was one of those people "grasping at scraps" a few years back. I was sharing an 800 square feet apartment with three other people. You build experience, you rise and fall, you improve your CV, and it gets better.

Humbly,
Yawar

That's a touching story, but I lived with my wife for 9 years in a 400 sqm/38 m2 apartment and here I am, having a very different view on things than you do.

You're coming dangerously close to admitting you have empathy. Thank goodness you're not actually Gorbacz.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rysky wrote:

“I say "comfortably livable" because you seem to disregard people that live on livable incomes or would consider that an acceptable deal as "grasping at scraps".”

You are not more important than the employees who make the product.

Just because you had it bad up hill both ways doesn’t make it right nor does it make you a judge to deem others have to suffer.

I fail to see your point. Having to struggle and make sacrifices to make ends meet didn't reduce my dignity as human being nor I see how it would reduce other people's dignity.

Humbly,
Yawar

Silver Crusade

11 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

"I suffered and am better for it, so everyone else should suffer too" (also if that's actually your opinion, you're not better for it, but I digress) is an opinion that far too many people take. I suffered and don't want anyone to ever suffer like I did again. I want to remove the pain and suffering from the world, and not add to it. This is very much centering other people's pain on yourself, in the same way that people argue against student loan forgiveness because they paid their own debt off.


9 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber
YawarFiesta wrote:

Let me tell you something, I was one of those people "grasping at scraps" a few years back. I was sharing an 800 square feet apartment with three other people. You build experience, you rise and fall, you improve your CV, and it gets better.

Humbly,
Yawar

I think most people’s issues with your take is that it mentions improving ones resume to get a better job, or being replaced by more willing employees if you don’t like your compensation. Your view is not that things should improve for Paizo employees but that Paizo upper management should just use stagnant wages as an excuse to increase employee turnover.

“You don’t like it, get out” is a very poor take.


10 people marked this as a favorite.

Saying that "if you want more money, find a better paying job" means implicitly accepting that whoever does that job should experience poverty.

If work is worth doing, the person doing it should receive enough money to live on. If a company is physically unable to pay its workers a living wage, it needs to restructure because clearly it is a failing business.


12 people marked this as a favorite.
taig wrote:
Totally Not Gorbacz wrote:
YawarFiesta wrote:


Let me tell you something, I was one of those people "grasping at scraps" a few years back. I was sharing an 800 square feet apartment with three other people. You build experience, you rise and fall, you improve your CV, and it gets better.

Humbly,
Yawar

That's a touching story, but I lived with my wife for 9 years in a 400 sqm/38 m2 apartment and here I am, having a very different view on things than you do.
You're coming dangerously close to admitting you have empathy. Thank goodness you're not actually Gorbacz.

Of course. I am merely a usurper, a false idol. The original would likely land some snarky hot spicy take that would get them banned and leave them none the wiser. Poor soul.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
dirtypool wrote:
YawarFiesta wrote:

Let me tell you something, I was one of those people "grasping at scraps" a few years back. I was sharing an 800 square feet apartment with three other people. You build experience, you rise and fall, you improve your CV, and it gets better.

Humbly,
Yawar

I think most people’s issues with your take is that it mentions improving ones resume to get a better job, or being replaced by more willing employees if you don’t like your compensation. Your view is not that things should improve for Paizo employees but that Paizo upper management should just use stagnant wages as an excuse to increase employee turnover.

“You don’t like it, get out” is a very poor take.

Also, at least for the creative work, these aren't entry level jobs on the road to starting a career. These are top jobs at one of the bigger players in the industry. You're not there to improve your CV and get a better job elsewhere.

RPG Superstar 2012

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Totally Not Gorbacz wrote:
taig wrote:
Totally Not Gorbacz wrote:
YawarFiesta wrote:


Let me tell you something, I was one of those people "grasping at scraps" a few years back. I was sharing an 800 square feet apartment with three other people. You build experience, you rise and fall, you improve your CV, and it gets better.

Humbly,
Yawar

That's a touching story, but I lived with my wife for 9 years in a 400 sqm/38 m2 apartment and here I am, having a very different view on things than you do.
You're coming dangerously close to admitting you have empathy. Thank goodness you're not actually Gorbacz.
Of course. I am merely a usurper, a false idol. The original would likely land some snarky hot spicy take that would get them banned and leave them none the wiser. Poor soul.

We could take comfort in the fact that your, er, Gorbacz's hot take would at least be interesting and unique.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

While an interesting discussion, it is not so clear what the solution is. Each decision has ramifications, which impact different individuals, and which one is most acceptable depends on the person and priorities:

- Increase price? May decrease sales (and international access)
- Move Office location? May decrease cost of living, but does not work well for people with partners with local jobs
- Work from home? Good solution short term, but may eventually make it more interesting to hire from cheaper regions and counties.

Maybe there are creative solutions such as price-bracketing, but overall not an easy thing to resolve.

And happy to live in a country where the minimum wage, together with allowance for healthcare insurance, living expense etc. make the liveable wage discussions a moot point….

301 to 350 of 554 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / General Discussion / Call to Action: #PAIZOACCOUNTABILITY needs your voice All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.