March 2021 New Releases and Subscription Shipping


Customer Service

1 to 50 of 118 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Customer Service Representative

1 person marked this as a favorite.

The following information, including dates and expected products, is what we currently estimate and may change.

New Physical Product Releases in March
•Paizo Subscription Products•

Pathfinder Products
•Pathfinder Adventure Path: #165: Eyes of Empty Death (Abomination Vaults 3 of 3)
•Pathfinder Maps: Flip-Tiles: Wilderness Perils Expansion
•Pathfinder Lost Omens: —
•Pathfinder Rulebooks: Bestiary 3
•Pathfinder Special Edition Rulebooks: Bestiary 3 Special Edition Hardcover
•Pathfinder Adventures: —
•Pathfinder Accessories: Magic Armaments Deck
•Pathfinder Pawns: Agents of Edgewatch Pawn Collection
•Adventure Card Game: —
•Adventure Card Game Class Decks: —

Starfinder Products
•Starfinder Adventure Path: #38: Crash & Burn (Fly Free or Die 5 of 6)
•Starfinder Roleplaying Game: —
•Starfinder Accessories: Alien Character Deck (moved to February)
•Starfinder Maps: Flip-Mat: Solar Temple

•Non-subscription Paizo Products•
• —
• —

•Subscription Products by other Publishers•
•Comics: —
•Battles: —
•Miniatures: —

•Non-subscription Products by other Publishers•
• —

•Authorization (Order Spawning) Date: Thursday, March 11th
•Begin Shipping Estimate: Monday, March 15th
•End Shipping Estimate: Friday, March 26th
•Street Date for Paizo Products: Wednesday, March 31st

Order advice:
↬If you need to make changes to the subscription details after the auth/order creation date, double check the changes applied to both the pending order and the subscription.
↬ If you have a licensed subscription you can choose to have it shipped as soon as possible, or with your monthly subscription shipment. This setting is available on a per subscription basis on your My Subscription page.
↬If you have questions about your individual order or subscriptions, please start a new thread.


Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Dot.


Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

The links for Alien Character Deck and Solar Temple Flip-Mat are bad and need to be fixed.

Customer Service Representative

Thanks for letting me know! I have updated those two links, as well as updated the listed products to remove the Alien Character Deck, which was moved up to release in February.


Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Other bad links: Wilderness Peril Expansion Flip Tiles and Bestiary 3.


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

None of the stuff listed here for March is listed on the Release Schedule for that month. The only thing on the Release Schedule is the PFS and SFS stuff.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Ed Reppert wrote:
None of the stuff listed here for March is listed on the Release Schedule for that month. The only thing on the Release Schedule is the PFS and SFS stuff.

It looks like the Release Schedule has all of these items listed as "Early April" for some reason. They are definitely a separate batch from the "Late April" items.


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

I will be more than a little annoyed if I end up with two shipments in April and none in March. :-(


Pathfinder Maps, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

If it’s a cashflow/credit-card-management issue, I always recommend the strategy of buying yourself a gift certificate for what you expect the charge to be (which you can time to the exact day that suits your payment schedules), redeeming it immediately and then setting your subscriptions to use store credit.

It means the timing of payments can be regular as clockwork even as the shipping schedule chips and changes.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

The street date of the March items is March 31st. Maybe that date somehow maps to early April for Release Schedule purposes? The street date is literally as late in the month as it can possibly be.


Steve Geddes wrote:

If it’s a cashflow/credit-card-management issue, I always recommend the strategy of buying yourself a gift certificate for what you expect the charge to be (which you can time to the exact day that suits your payment schedules), redeeming it immediately and then setting your subscriptions to use store credit.

It means the timing of payments can be regular as clockwork even as the shipping schedule chips and changes.

Just a heads up that while this is great in theory, I eventually gave it up because the system kept charging my card for tax anyways, regardless if I had more than enough store credit to cover it. I don't know if it is still doing this as I gave it up back in the fall. I figured if it was going to keep charging my card $1.+ whatever for tax anyways, there wasn't much point.


Pathfinder Maps, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

Ah. I never had that problem (but haven’t used that strategy in years - I just do it when I know I’ve got a big shipment due and want to spread it over multiple months).

Maybe the tax algorithm wasn’t written with this in mind..


David knott 242 wrote:


The street date of the March items is March 31st. Maybe that date somehow maps to early April for Release Schedule purposes? The street date is literally as late in the month as it can possibly be.

This was my best guess, too. Some sort of weirdness with how the system handles the release date, maybe. April 7th is a Wednesday, exactly a week later.

To be honest I'm more interested in whether or not the listed items are confirmed or not for the March spawning/release period, regardless when it goes out. The Wilderness Flip-Tiles, Magic Armaments Deck and Agents of Edgewatch Pawn Collection are all on my purchase list for the month, but I find far better deals when pre-ordering those elsewhere. But it can be tough with the last minute changes, as that can typically hold up orders a full month or two.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Things definitely got moved. Bestiary 3 and Magic Armaments Deck was definitely March and are now listed April 7th on their respective pages.

Heads up as to what is going on would be nice, I suspect something happened in shipping to their facility.

Abomination Vaults 3 still shows March on the sales page but I suspect that will update too.


Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

There does seem to be a contradiction in regard to the street date of the releases in the first post of this thread. This thread gives March 31st as the street date for everything, but every product page that mentions a PDF or a download has a date of April 7th, which is consistent with the Early April date on the Release Schedule.

I suppose something will have to be updated in the next week or two.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm really hoping that we get some clarification of what exactly is going on with the Early April (April 7th) street date, and what effect that will have on the monthly release process going forward.

For example:
Question 1: Per the Release Schedule, most individual Paizo product pages, and even third-party retailers are listing April 7th as the official street date. Is this 100% accurate as of today, the first day of March?

Question 2: Assuming this is correct, can you offer us insight to why? Was there a delay at printing? Are these part of the shipping/container delay currently affecting certain overseas goods? Is it an internal decision to help align future releases? This answer isn't as important--a delay is a delay--but it's always nice to know such things.

Question 3: Is the order spawn date still set for Thursday, March 11th? Likewise, is the Begin Shipping Estimate still set for March 15th? Or should we anticipate these dates being pushed back to reflect a later street date? I can understand if it is pushed back, but I won't deny how great it sounds that many subscribers (DM's especially) could get as much as a three week early start on the Bestiary 3.

Question 4: To the best of your knowledge, Paizo, do all the products listed above still appear to be on track for the same release date, whether that's the original March 31st street date or what looks like the new April 7th release date? In other words, do you know of any products that appear as if they won't make it in to the warehouse by your cutoff point for generation by the spawn period?

I know that whatever answers you give on March 1st are still subject to change, especially with question 4. I assume it's all about which products show up to the warehouse and can be prepared for shipping on time. But it's always nice to know for those of us with pre-orders at other places whether we can expect our order to arrive sooner than later (as often we have other eagerly anticipated products attached to the order).

But the first three questions I'm extremely eager to learn about. Even if the dates end up changing again, it still would be nice to have some clarification about the situation and what we can expect.

Thanks so much for your time!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Maps Subscriber

I'm not at all interested in the whys and wherefores, but I'd like to have accurate information about what is and isn't shipping and the dates the usual shipping events occur.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

With no update to this page I am hoping that means everything is still on schedule for subscribers even though everything on the official release schedule got pushed.

I get that it will likely change, but hey, hope is hope.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Found this and thought some folk may be interested if you haven't seen it already--

Aaron Shanks wrote:
Hey folks. There has been no official announcement yet, but as you can see on our Release Date page (https://paizo.com/releasedate and the footer below) all the non-Org Play releases have been moved to Early April aka April 7. That is just a delay of a week. There is chatter about it on the Customer Service section of the Forums too. Shipments came in late; Chinese new year issues, I think. This does not delay the Late April products at this time. CS, the warehouse, the Paizo Store, and Marketing are getting our ducks in a row and will share more as needed, although I think it is (mostly) clear. I think most of you just want to know if the Auth date will change now. Cheers.

Source: Bestiary 3 product page comments


redeux wrote:

Found this and thought some folk may be interested if you haven't seen it already--

Aaron Shanks wrote:
Hey folks. There has been no official announcement yet, but as you can see on our Release Date page (https://paizo.com/releasedate and the footer below) all the non-Org Play releases have been moved to Early April aka April 7. That is just a delay of a week. There is chatter about it on the Customer Service section of the Forums too. Shipments came in late; Chinese new year issues, I think. This does not delay the Late April products at this time. CS, the warehouse, the Paizo Store, and Marketing are getting our ducks in a row and will share more as needed, although I think it is (mostly) clear. I think most of you just want to know if the Auth date will change now. Cheers.
Source: Bestiary 3 product page comments

Thanks, redeux. I saw this last night and had intended to post it here, but promptly fell asleep. Always good to get a bit more clarity, even if it's not the official announcement. Knowing they know about the issue and are aware of why we would want to know as soon as possible is always a comfort.

Looking ahead... The easiest thing might be for them to just push everything--including the March order spawn date--back a week. It might provide the customer service team and warehouse more time to get caught up on other things. Perhaps that could provide more value going forward. It does appear more and more subscription packages from February are showing up at doorsteps now, despite no updated tracking. And that's a good thing. But there are bound to still be some situations where they don't show up by the end of the day on Friday. Having an extra week to weather what will likely be a storm of new, angry emails/forum posts from unlucky customers after Friday might be incredibly helpful.

Alternatively, they could keep the March 11th Order Spawn date the same, and just push back the Begin Shipping date, assuming they've got all the product by that point. This would be similar to the above scenario, except it might let folks that split monthly financial obligations into halves retain normalcy.


Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

They could also decide to start everything on schedule but allow more time for shipping to complete. The fact that they have made no date changes on this page suggests that they haven't completely ruled out that possibility (although I would think that the street date should be adjusted since it has clearly been bumped to the right already).

I guess we will know for sure next week when they either run the auths or mark up the dates in the initial post of this thread.


David knott 242 wrote:


They could also decide to start everything on schedule but allow more time for shipping to complete. The fact that they have made no date changes on this page suggests that they haven't completely ruled out that possibility (although I would think that the street date should be adjusted since it has clearly been bumped to the right already).

I guess we will know for sure next week when they either run the auths or mark up the dates in the initial post of this thread.

This was my original thought, maintaining the March 15th start date for shipping. But that leaves a three week window between ship date and (revised) public on sale date. Does that mean many subscribers would receive their package close to a week ahead of time? Because it's hard to see it lingering in the mail system for a full three weeks. (Although mine certainly did for the February orders). I don't see a major issue for subscribers to get their packages a week early, but maybe it could hurt Paizo in some way?

I just realized Aaron mentioned all Non-Organized Play releases were being pushed back a week. I assume by Organized Play, it refers only to the Society-specific products, for Pathfinder and Starfinder respectively? With both Society releases being digital-only, that means all products with physical versions are delayed. That's good news. I'd hate to see Adventure Paths or other physical products NOT see the same delay, as that could force two different shipments for the month, and add an extra shipping charge for subscribers.

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

Pigraven wrote:
David knott 242 wrote:


They could also decide to start everything on schedule but allow more time for shipping to complete. The fact that they have made no date changes on this page suggests that they haven't completely ruled out that possibility (although I would think that the street date should be adjusted since it has clearly been bumped to the right already).

I guess we will know for sure next week when they either run the auths or mark up the dates in the initial post of this thread.

This was my original thought, maintaining the March 15th start date for shipping. But that leaves a three week window between ship date and (revised) public on sale date. Does that mean many subscribers would receive their package close to a week ahead of time? Because it's hard to see it lingering in the mail system for a full three weeks. (Although mine certainly did for the February orders). I don't see a major issue for subscribers to get their packages a week early, but maybe it could hurt Paizo in some way?

I just realized Aaron mentioned all Non-Organized Play releases were being pushed back a week. I assume by Organized Play, it refers only to the Society-specific products, for Pathfinder and Starfinder respectively? With both Society releases being digital-only, that means all products with physical versions are delayed. That's good news. I'd hate to see Adventure Paths or other physical products NOT see the same delay, as that could force two different shipments for the month, and add an extra shipping charge for subscribers.

Yes, Org Play scenarios are PDFs and those releases are consistently at the end of the month. Print release days move around in the months closer to the Holidays. So splitting them happens every year.


Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Pigraven wrote:
I just realized Aaron mentioned all Non-Organized Play releases were being pushed back a week. I assume by Organized Play, it refers only to the Society-specific products, for Pathfinder and Starfinder respectively? With both Society releases being digital-only, that means all products with physical versions are delayed. That's good news. I'd hate to see Adventure Paths or other physical products NOT see the same delay, as that could force two different shipments for the month, and add an extra shipping charge for subscribers.

Let's see: They can run the auths whenever they want to, in case they expect more than the usual amount of difficulties in correcting them.

But the only reason to stick to the original start shipping date would be if there are at least some physical orders that actually can be shipped then. In that case, orders that contain only the items that can be shipped would ship first, and orders that contain delayed items would be delayed. But if no such orders can possibly exist, then we are just waiting for the big date adjustment to push everything a week to the right.

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

4 people marked this as a favorite.

The March Authorization Date has been moved to the 18th. The next Release Date is April 7.


Aaron Shanks wrote:
The March Authorization Date has been moved to the 18th. The next Release Date is April 7.

Just to clarify, everything else stays the same, correct? All the non-organized play items currently listed above for March will spawn on March 18th and release on April 7th? (i.e. Nothing above is being pushed back to the April spawn date?)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I assume that the begin and end ship dates are being pushed to the right as well, or else there will be a lot of unauthorized shipping starting on Monday the 15th.


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Aaron Shanks wrote:
The March Authorization Date has been moved to the 18th. The next Release Date is April 7.

It might be helpful to adjust the first post in this thread with the updated dates.

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

6 people marked this as a favorite.
Zaister wrote:
Aaron Shanks wrote:
The March Authorization Date has been moved to the 18th. The next Release Date is April 7.
It might be helpful to adjust the first post in this thread with the updated dates.

So I don't have the ability to adjust the post, but the dates I have been given are:

Order Generation for Subscribers: March 18th
Begin Shipping for Subscribers: March 22nd
End Shipping for Subscribers: April 7th
Retail Release Date: April 7th

Everything slides a week.


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

Thanks for the confirmation! Pretty stoked for another Bestiary...

Vigilant Seal

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Maps, Pawns, PF Special Edition, Starfinder Society Subscriber

so is march an april bein put together or just bein shipped later both months


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

The March protocol is being delayed a week to ensure they have all the products at hand. So far I don't think there's been any effect on the April protocol.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Ed Reppert wrote:
The March protocol is being delayed a week to ensure they have all the products at hand. So far I don't think there's been any effect on the April protocol.

I don't know about that, there is a significant backup and container shortages at all ports of entry on the west coast. Costco can barely even keep their cheese in stock, so it stands to reason Paizo might also be affected.


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

Might be, yes. I'm just saying they haven't indicated it yet.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Touche!


I wouldn't even count out another delay on the March dates. My guess is they're pushing things back a week at a time to accommodate for the delay. If they get a new update within the next week that the wait will be even longer, then the dates get pushed back again.


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

Heck, for all we know, we may never get our March shipments. But that's not the way I'd bet.


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

So, is today still the day?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

That's the word bird. But I came to see if anyone has gotten authorized yet. Little spark of hope when I saw a new post :P


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

My order was generated today!

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Authorisation received. It has begun. May the gods have mercy on all our wallets.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Are emails still going out or should I start getting worried if I havent had one yet?

Oopsnspoke too soon, just got it, whew. Looking forward to this one!


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Dear Paizo people, please check up on my order #36419679.

I can't believe it's cheaper to split the shipment and send Bestiary 3 by itself. This looks like it is actually doubling the shipping cost, which is immense in this way. I've had previous shipments with more stuff than this week for far less shipping costs.

Thanks.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Auth hit last night. now we waits :D


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Zaister wrote:

Dear Paizo people, please check up on my order #36419679.

I can't believe it's cheaper to split the shipment and send Bestiary 3 by itself. This looks like it is actually doubling the shipping cost, which is immense in this way. I've had previous shipments with more stuff than this week for far less shipping costs.

Thanks.

I stopped having issues with shipping costs/configs when I changed from cheapest method to USPS priority. Not sure if that is an option for you but thought I would throw it out there.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Zaister wrote:

Dear Paizo people, please check up on my order #36419679.

I can't believe it's cheaper to split the shipment and send Bestiary 3 by itself. This looks like it is actually doubling the shipping cost, which is immense in this way. I've had previous shipments with more stuff than this week for far less shipping costs.

Thanks.

I have 4 items shipping as 3 packages. my subscription is set to ship via USPS First Class. I'm really scratching my head at this. I opened a thread for my order to hopefully have this looked at.


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Yeah I guess I should probably do that as well.

Paizo Employee Customer Service Representative

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Hi, folks!

We've had feedback regarding potential shipping issues and we're working with the tech team to investigate what's going on. We expect to have an update on Monday and we'll be holding off on shipping subscriptions until we know more!

Thanks so much for your patience!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Split shipments and not actually being the lowest cost when lowest shipping method has been going on for months. Would LOVE it if this got resolved, I might actually toggle mine back to lowest from priority. So far though, for mine, for the last few months Priority winds up being the reasonable cost option for me so I've left it on. Save about 4-5 bucks over the estimated 'lowest' option when I started using Priority.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I've been using priority mail for about a year now, I can never go back, the time saved is well worth the added cost.

1 to 50 of 118 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Archive / Paizo / Customer Service / March 2021 New Releases and Subscription Shipping All Messageboards