DM Barcas - The Arena of Ridonport


Play-by-Post

401 to 450 of 599 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elf summoner Lvl 8

Rallick chuckles to himself between incantations as Kaze's spell is harmlessly nullified by his ally's shimmering sphere that envelopes the pair of them.

Spellcraft : 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

Shadow Lodge

I'm going to drop out. There is no point in me monitoring the thread for days when I haven't gotten to do a single action, and it really just isn't fun when the main goal is to see how a concept plays. Feel free to play my character though, and I'll leave his stats up.


Sure thing Becket, I or anybody else can fill in for when Garinol/Lobo/Archons get to act. We can roll damage whenever they actually get free.

Deverau wrote:
I dont like how the cloud goes around the corner to get me >> lol

Yes, yes... Roll 2d6 for how many tears you shed... And the two Fort Saves!!! ;-)

Rallick Nom wrote:
Rallick chuckles to himself between incantations as Kaze's spell is harmlessly nullified

Yeah... that is... regrettable... 8-D

Actually, I realized that Hyundai CAN see the spell effect and the actual casting of the spell
(Latrine is 30`up and Hyundai is half-way out of the cloud b/c of his size/height) so he can use Know:Arcana (which he has Trained) to ID it.
...SO... In his bewildered stupor, seeing the mini-witch evoke some sort of shimmering sphere... 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
...Which doesn`t ID the spell effect itself, but he knows what spells use it`s material components (DC20).
Which AFAIK (from searching PRD) is only Globe of Invulnerability and Tiny Hut.
¨Why you cast Invulnerable Globe? Or do you cast Tiny Hut for a Tiny Witch? Ha ha! Is that why I think funny? Or was that before???...¨
(Tiny Hut is opaque and can logically be ruled out)

(Hyundai saw and ID`d the spell as cast, before Kaze`s turn...)
(if there`s a problem with that, then of course, Kaze can`t respond to stuff Hyundai wouldn`t have said)


Male Half-Elf summoner Lvl 8

It's entirely possible but isn't the smoke cloud at least 10ft high? I'm not sure but I think it might even be 15ft for the ninja? How tall is Hyundia with enlarge person?


Round 3, Initiative 18

Bryan raises the rod in his hand as he stares at the creature in front of him. He begins chanting an incantation and finishes with a flourish.

Casting Defensively (DC 21): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23

@Ryllandaras: You must make two consecutive DC 19 Will saves or be Staggered.

Spellcraft 18:
Slow

Move to O3.

Buffs:

Bull's Endurance
Owl's Wisdom
Good Hope
Mirror Image (2 images)

Edit:
Spellcraft (Rallick): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Spellcraft (Latrine): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Spellcraft (Kaze): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


Rallick Nom wrote:
It's entirely possible but isn't the smoke cloud at least 10ft high? I'm not sure but I think it might even be 15ft for the ninja? How tall is Hyundia with enlarge person?

The smoke is 15` tall in the square south of me, 10` tall in Hyundai`s southern half, and only 5` tall in his northern half, while Hyundai is 10` tall. It`s a burst/sphere AoE, not a cylinder. AFAIK he (barely) has LoS from his northern squares to Latrine, 30` up.


Male Half-Elf summoner Lvl 8

The lupine horror attempts to resist his opponents powerful magic, but in the end has little defense against it and succumbs...his movements and reactions becoming sluggish and deliberate.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Despite his slowed reactions, Ryllandaras is still able to take a swipe at the mage as he attempts to escape.

Claw : 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23
Damage : 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 + Grab : 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (19) + 20 = 39 grapple
Miss Chance 1d100 ⇒ 71

I didn't notice but did you lose an image from Ryllandaras' attack on his turn? Did I even get to make it?

buffs:
Rallick :
Fly
See Invisibility
Stoneskin
Globe of Invulnerability

Ryllandaras :

-------------------------------------------
Round 2: Current fighting order
Rallick Nom 28
Latrine 21 (+12)
Garinol 21 (+3) <-----Can be caught up by whoever is taking the char over.
Kaze 20 (+11)
Bryan 18 (+3)
Quandary(Hyundai) 20 (+1) <------Looks like the big man is up!
Daveth 18
Deverau 14
Lethe 12
Ray 5 (and Lobo and Archons)


Rallick Nom wrote:
I didn't notice but did you lose an image from Ryllandaras' attack on his turn? Did I even get to make it?

Ryllandaras' attack did hit one of the images, so now there are 2 extra images of Bryan.

Edit (revised): Can a staggered creature take AOO? Ryllandaras already used a move and std action on his turn. Not sure if how that affects this.
Also, my statement about the images above is about the non-AOO attack on your turn.


OK, it looks like Bryan may be Grappled, then...
I will go ahead and take Hyundai´s turn,
if there are any more rolls to be made it doesn´t seem like it directly affects Hyundai.

What to do, what to do... 1d100 ⇒ 56 = Deal 1d8 points of damage + Str modifier to self with item in hand.

¨You-I-You can´t trick me with your Tiny-sized Magic... We are blood brothers... GRHAA HAA...¨
1d8 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 dmg. In his ´distraction´, Hyundai´s fangs are seen to retract.

(The Saves happen on Deverau´s turn, but I´m doing it now just for simplicity)
Fort Save vs. Confusion (22) / Staggered (17): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28 ]alright...

------------------------------------------------
Round 3: Current fighting order
Rallick Nom 28
Latrine 21 (+12)
Garinol 21 (+3)
Kaze 20 (+11)
Bryan 18 (+3)
Quandary(Hyundai) 20 (+1)
Daveth 18 <------Roll them Smoke Saves!!! I think you have to make 2 sets/ rounds worth now...
(last round, and this round since all affected creatures, incl. Hyundai, make another set of Saves on YOUR turn)
(actually, since both Confusion and Staggered are only 1 round, for the 1st set you only need to both with the Confusion Save to see if you have the WIS damage from that round)
Deverau 14
Lethe 12
Ray 5 (and Lobo and Archons)


You will keep doing those saves until you leave the smoke bomb ^^ Did your normal self hit doesn't need a roll incase you critical hahahaha and destroyed another image, yer last one? just kidding, tho would be fun... for me...


OOC::
Wait... why do i have to make the save? At least as far as the map seems to show I'm now in the smokes range If I am in fact in it's range then sure but I'm pretty sure that I'm not. Just in case here are my saves.

First Set
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 vs DC22
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 VS DC17

Second Set
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 vs DC22
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23 VS DC17

So one failure and it was on the first confused so I take some Wis damage I suppose.

Daveth growls as noxious smoke begins to fill the immediate area causing him to cough a bit and back up away from the edge of the wall. As he does so he manages to spot and hears the six Kaze's and notes that they are doing something magic related, not wanting anything of that sort going on Daveth leaps down from the wall and floats himself down next to the Kaze's and with a grin begins swinging his scythe at Kaze hoping that unlike his attacks on Hyundai he will have better chance of drawing blood here.

Stuff:
Moved to Q7(Not sure if Hyundai gets an AoO) and Attacking Kaze

1d20 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 20 = 21
1d100 ⇒ 32
2d4 + 14 ⇒ (4, 1) + 14 = 19


Move 5ft to V-13, then moves to T-10

Stuff

Spoiler:

Spend a use of Ki Pool and throw another smoke bomb filled with goodies xD
and throws it to T-6


I`m really sorry, DAVETH doesn`t need to make any smoke saves (so no WIS damage for you),
what I wrote applies to DEVERAU... who needs to make those 3 Saves before his action.
Hyundai doesn`t get an AoO vs. Daveth, but in order to not draw an AoO from KAZE himself (whose threat zone extends above him),
Daveth would need to be flying 5` above the ground (which you didn`t indicate), in order to not provoke. ...???
With your Nat. 1, I guess that like-wise `auto-misses` his `AC-5` for purposes of stripping an Image...?

Deverau wrote:
Did your normal self hit doesn't need a roll incase you critical hahahaha and destroyed another image, yer last one? just kidding, tho would be fun... for me...

I think the smoke is getting to Deverau... Hopefully there`s professional medical help waiting outside the arena. ;-)

As Torinath said, you can`t ¨5` step¨ and then Move, so your posted movement would be one Move Action.
(maybe that`s what you intended, since you didn`t use the phrase ¨5` step¨, just ¨move 5 ft. to V13 then...¨)

In case Deverau CAN act normally (depending on his Saves), he still has to follow the normal rules for splash weapons,
i.e. targetting intersection(/creature) not square, just like last time... :-)
(this is because 5` increment radiuses don`t work very well when centered on a square, since that starts out with a 2.5` radius from center of square :-/)


Here they are wish me luck! I think I only make 2 of them dont I? I did no actions in my first round of combat but hide.

Rolls

Spoiler:

Round 2
Poison 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Choke 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Confusion 1d100 ⇒ 21

Round 3
Poison 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Choke 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Confusion 1d100 ⇒ 21

Well this round I'm staggered and poisoned but I can act normally so I'll take my 5' step out of the cloud to V-13 and hold my action (move or standard)?


Sounds good, I moved your icon on the map so the game keeps flowing smoothly...
----------------------------------------------
Round 3: Current fighting order
Rallick Nom 28
Latrine 21 (+12)
Garinol 21 (+3)
Kaze 20 (+11)
Bryan 18 (+3)
Quandary(Hyundai) 20 (+1)
Daveth 18
Lethe 12 <----------------------Lethe is up! (you need to make the 2 Smoke Saves again before your action)
Deverau (holding Standard action, will Delay until he says so)
Ray 5 (and Lobo and Archons) <--------- If Rallick or anybody else doesn`t roll the Tentacle`s Grapple by their turn,
I will roll it myself to see if it was low enough that they are released... at which point I will figure out the total damage taken to this point.


Male Half-Elf summoner Lvl 8

Quandary, I already rolled the grapple check for the tentacles on my last turn. Got a 34 this round including the +5 for them already being grappled at the time.


Female Shifter Barbarian 1

Fort save vs dc 23 (+2 if an enchantment affect)

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

Fort save vs dc 18 (+2 if an enchantment affect)

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

Lethe hacks away at Hyundai

Attack

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30

Damage

1d12 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 20 = 29

For the second attack Lethe tries to sweep Hyundai off his feet (Using strength surge and Knockdown)

Cmb trip

1d20 + 22 ⇒ (10) + 22 = 32

If successful Hyundai also takes 6 points of damage

Dark Archive

Male Human Summoner lv1

Let's see.. I've missed two rounds of tentacle damage for Ray and the Archons. I'll roll that in a spoiler. Lobo wasn't grappled though, or at least that is what I read when the spell was cast. All are nauseated.

Rounds 1 and 2 Damage:

Ray: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Archon 1: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Archon 2: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Archon 3: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Round 3 Damage
Ray: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Archon 1: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Archon 2: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Archon 3: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Since Lobo can only take move actions, I'm using this post to move him.

As Ray continues to be held fast by fog and tentacles, Lobo drags himself out of the sickly green fog. [occ]Now in the Squares: 17-18 B and 17-18 C[/ooc]


Male Half-Elf summoner Lvl 8

Rallick finishes his complex incantation with a triumphant laugh, "HAHA, I only wish I had a better view of all the fun from here."

Off to the right of the wall Kaze ducked behind, a savage lion bearing the signs of fiendish taint, bursts seemingly out of thin air and bolts toward the Hyena pack, leaping into the center of them, lashing out with razor sharp fangs and a quartet of deadly claws.

Summon a fiendish lion at V6-7/W6-7, uses charge/pounce to close with Kaze and attack :

Bite : 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Damage : 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 + Grab : 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25 grapple
Miss Chance 1d100 ⇒ 99

Claw : 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
Damage : 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Miss Chance 1d100 ⇒ 18

Claw : 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Damage : 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Miss Chance 1d100 ⇒ 48

Rake : 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
Damage : 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Miss Chance 1d100 ⇒ 87

Rake : 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
Damage : 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Miss Chance 1d100 ⇒ 51

If anyone wants to put up a better picture for the lion feel free.

Seeing that his new ally has indeed found it's intended target, Rallick pauses to survey the battlefield and look the best place to unleash his wrath. Delay my turn...

I'm also a little uncertain if I get to apply the flanking bonus to the grapple check as well? I'm pretty certain they don't get the +2 from charge but not so sure about flanking, can anyone set me straight?

Meanwhile, the sluggish Ryllandaras tires to secure his hold on Bryan, while savagely clawing at the mage with his powerful back legs.

Grapple : 1d20 + 20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 20 + 5 = 38

2 Rakes if grapple is successful (free action) :

Rake : 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
Damage : 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Miss Chance 1d100 ⇒ 50

Rake : 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
Damage : 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Miss Chance 1d100 ⇒ 13

I don't think I really have a miss chance with the rake attacks, since I am already grappling the correct Bryan but I put them in just in case.

On the far side of the arena, the tentacles are still going strong. (4 rounds left)

Grapple : 1d20 + 13 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 13 + 5 = 23

Ray Remiar:
I actually changed the area of the black tentacles to match the stinking cloud shortly after my first turn, once the height of the walls was cleared up. That being said, I'm pretty sure the tentacles were unable to maintain their hold on Lobo in the second round. Due to the confusion and your already crappy situation, I'm fine with him being free now.
I'll just roll damage for him being grappled in round 1 :

Damage : 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

On the same vein, you seem to have rolled damage from the tentacles twice for round 3? Looks like a simple copy paste error to me. You could use the extra rolls for damage sustained this round instead?

---------------------------------

Round 4: Current fighting order
Ryllandaras + Lion 28
Latrine 21 (+12) --------> Give E'm Hell!
Rallick Nom (delaying turn for more opportune moment)
Garinol 21 (+3)
Kaze 20 (+11)
Bryan 18 (+3)
Quandary(Hyundai) 20 (+1)
Daveth 18
Lethe 12
Deverau (holding Standard action, will Delay until he says so)
Ray 5 (and Lobo and Archons)


I move to U-10


Round 4 | Initiative 21
Free Action: ”Teeheeheehee, a right chaotic situation we have here!”
Move Action: Latrine floats to U6 giggling at the various sounds coming from the thick smoke below.
Standard Action: Changing her focus she peers behind the wall, yawns, and whispers loudly to Kaze, ”Rockabye Kazey in the Ar-e-na, when you pass out the scythe will drop! Ahahahahaha.”

Kaze:
Will DC 21 Slumber (Su): A witch can cause a creature within 30 feet to fall into a deep, magical sleep, as per the spell sleep. The creature receives a Will save to negate the effect. If the save fails, the creature falls asleep for a number of rounds equal to the witch's level. This hex can affect a creature of any HD. The creature will not wake due to noise or light, but others can rouse it with a standard action. This hex ends immediately if the creature takes damage. Whether or not the save is successful, a creature cannot be the target of this hex again for 1 day.

End of turn:
Scorpion will save vs. Glitterdust(DC 16): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Buffs and Spells:

Buffs:
Reduce Person(76 rounds left)
Shield(26 rounds left)
Mage Armor(796 rounds left)

Spells:
Stinking Cloud(5 rounds left)
Globe of Lesser Invulnerability(7 rounds left)

Miscellaneous:
Hyundai is immune to misfortune


Lethe´s attack stripped Hyundai´s final Image.

No longer grappled by the Black Tentacles, Garinol flies to H-9, 5´ off the ground.
¨NOW ALL SHALL FACE THE WRATH OF GARINOL!!!!¨
Nauseated for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 rounds (until Round 7). ...Heal check to discern his condition?
He has taken 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4, 2) + 3 = 10 total damage from the Tentacles.

I mistakenly posted too early... This happens after Kaze + Bryan´s Turn:
Having his wit´s about him once again,
and not seeing the Smoke-Bomb-throwing Ninja, but knowing he must be near by,
Hyundai knows he must make the most of his time...

Dodging Lethe´s axe blows as well as possible (1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22 vs. her CMD, likely provoking an AoO), Hyundai Jumps upward (1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21 = 5´ high), scrambling to stand squarely atop the wall (Q/R/S-8/9), from where he unleashes a vicious attack against the Little Witch (w/ PA):
1d20 + 19 ⇒ (19) + 19 = 38... Confirm 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 20 = 35 for 2d8 + 25 ⇒ (4, 3) + 25 = 32 dmg +2d8 + 25 ⇒ (4, 6) + 25 = 35 (Crit dmg)

...if he hits... then Cleaving into the Lion 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25 for 2d8 + 25 ⇒ (3, 7) + 25 = 35 dmg.
...The giant Hyundai wickedly smiles, his fangs extended once again...

(I suppose I can change it depending on their actions, but I doubt I will)


Female Shifter Barbarian 1

Hyundai

Spoiler:

Attack of opertunity

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

Damage

1d12 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 26


No posion rolls+chocking this round ya still started inside the cloud...


Male Half-Elf summoner Lvl 8

Garinol's total damage from Black Tentacles.

Round 1 : 10 (Only round previously posted)

Round 2 : 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Round 3 : 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Total = 25 damage

A little elaborate but I just want to keep things straight.


RHYOL THE VOLCANO :: HP 42/76 :: AC 19 CMD 22 :: Fort +13 Ref +7 Will +3 :: Perception +11 (Tremor 60; Darkvision 60) :: Conditions: none

Round 4 | Initiative 20

Kaze laughs off the maniacally even as the summoned lion laces into him, nearly latching on with the initial claw, "Silly human… elvies no sleepy!"

housekeeping:
Daveth auto-misses for rolling a 1.
Kaze (as a half-elf) is immune to sleep effects, negating Latrine's Slumber.
The first claw lands, but just misses Kaze's CMD. - 12 damage.
image popped.
image popped.
hit - 10 damage
image popped.
HP 28/67; 2 images remaining (33% miss chance), though i still have displacement, so it's 50% until next round.

I'd love to give you Speed, Hyundai, but Kaze would have to be lvl 12 to get that enhancement level on it.

The three remaining Kaze's then make a mad, hackling, tumbling dash past Daveth, looking to put some distance between himself and the pack of attackers, finishing with another spell aimed at Daveth.

Tumble to O-6 to avoid AoO's from the lion and Daveth 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20.
Cast a spell at Daveth - DC 17 or be Confused.

Spellcraft (though it should be obvious) DC 18:
Confusion

Buffs/debuffs:
See Invisible
Mirror Image - 2 remaining (33% miss)
Good Hope
Displacement (blue square) 50% miss - round 3/3
Glitterdust - round 3/8


Round 4, Initiative 18

Bryan struggles against the massive creature as he feels the life flowing out of his body. The monster's grip makes it very difficult though...

Concentration: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 26

I assume that a 26 fails the concentration DC. I think the DC is 28, right?

Spellcraft 17:
Hideous Laughter


OK... Hyundai, after daintily hopping for the fans, lurches towards the stinking Witch...
Acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26 -10(fullspeed)-4(2enemies) = 12 (=everybody not dead gets an AoO)
Any AoOs on Hyundai probably benefit from Flanking (I´m not sure if you need to KNOW you´re Flanking,
e.g. for the Lion w/ Invisible Deverau but at a glance it doesn´t matter, so Flank-AoO AWAY!...

Reaching the stinky, dinky Witch (sorry, I can´t resist), Hyundai let´s lose...
Attack Action since Cleave isn´t valid, Attack Roll: 38, Confirm: 35, Damage: 37, +Crit Dmg: 40
(this is more because I have a special dmg bonus that kicks in only on single Attack Actions and Charge)

An even bigger smile graces his face, once again revealing his fangs...

---------------------------------
Round 4: Current fighting order
Ryllandaras + Lion 28
Latrine 21 (+12)
Rallick Nom (delaying turn for more opportune moment)
Garinol 21 (+3)
Kaze 20 (+11)
Bryan 18 (+3)
Quandary(Hyundai) 20 (+1)
Daveth 18 --------> The man is up!!!! (after AoO´s are resolved, technically)
Lethe 12
Deverau
Ray 5 (and Lobo and Archons)


Male Half-Elf summoner Lvl 8

Alright, now that I have the proper clarification :

Kaze, the grapple check for the lion's bite was actually 29, from what I gather this means you were actually grappled when it pounced on you. Feel free to alter your turn however you wish...

The hell tainted lion pauses in it's mauling of the Hyena just long enough to lash out at Hyundia with one terrible paw as the savage giant rushes past.

Claw : 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Damage : 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Miss Chance 1d100 ⇒ 62

I had done research on the forums about making AoO while grappling a while ago, and I think the final decision was that you can make them as long as you have an appropriate limb free. The lion is using it's jaws to grapple Kaze so it should have it's paws free to make attacks if it gets the chance.

I believe I will be taking my turn right after Kaze updates his actions.


Female Shifter Barbarian 1

Lethe takes a swing at Hyundai as he tries to move away

"Come back coward" she yells after him

AoO

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32

Damage

1d12 + 20 ⇒ (4) + 20 = 24


Thinks to himself this guy needs a little good bye present

AoO
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20


RHYOL THE VOLCANO :: HP 42/76 :: AC 19 CMD 22 :: Fort +13 Ref +7 Will +3 :: Perception +11 (Tremor 60; Darkvision 60) :: Conditions: none

Okay, revising Kaze's actions for being grappled. He takes the same amount of damages and has all the same buffs running at the end. Only difference is that he will start Dirge of doom instead of moving. Will target my own square with Confusion, catching Daveth, myself, and the lion. >:D

Concentration 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21.


SO... Dirge of Doom is in effect (anybody who makes a roll remember to include this)...
We need to know if his Concentration check passes or not,
if it does Kaze, Daveth, and the Lion need to roll Saves vs. the DC which Eben hopefully posts.

Hyundai wasn´t hit by any AoO´s. From my information, Latrine is dead.

Then...

---------------------------------
Round 4: Current fighting order
Ryllandaras + Lion 28
Rallick Nom (delaying turn for more opportune moment)
Garinol 21 (+3)
Kaze 20 (+11)
Bryan 18 (+3)
Quandary(Hyundai) 20 (+1)
Daveth 18 --------> The man is up!!!!
Lethe 12
Deverau
Ray 5 (and Lobo and Archons)


Male Half-Elf summoner Lvl 8

"I rather liked the witch, she made one hell of an omelette!

Rallick flies to the very top of the arena, ducking slightly to avoid hitting his head on the roof of the enclosure.

Channeling his arcane power, he lashes out at Kaze and his hulking companion.

Move to Q9 and cast a spell

Spellcraft DC 17:
Cast Persistent Slow, targeting Kaze and Hyundia.

Kaze and Hyundia need to make two DC 19 Will saves each or be staggered.

---------------------------------
Round 4: Current fighting order
Ryllandaras + Lion 28
Garinol 21 (+3)
Kaze 20 (+11)
Bryan 18 (+3)
Quandary(Hyundai) 20 (+1)
Rallick Nom
Daveth 18 --------> The man is up!!!!
Lethe 12
Deverau
Ray 5 (and Lobo and Archons)


RHYOL THE VOLCANO :: HP 42/76 :: AC 19 CMD 22 :: Fort +13 Ref +7 Will +3 :: Perception +11 (Tremor 60; Darkvision 60) :: Conditions: none

Rallic, did Kaze make the concentration check to cast in a grapple vs. the Lion?

If so (which I doubt), then the DC is 17.
Kaze's will save vs. his own Confusion spell 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12.

ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDIN' ME?! This is not my match. Sigh. Sorry, teammates.

Will saves vs. Rallick
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

So, if nothing else, he's staggered for 8 rounds.


m half-elven Lich 15 DM/10 Grandmaster DM
Rallick Nom wrote:

Alright, now that I have the proper clarification :

Kaze, the grapple check for the lion's bite was actually 29, from what I gather this means you were actually grappled when it pounced on you. Feel free to alter your turn however you wish...

The hell tainted lion pauses in it's mauling of the Hyena just long enough to lash out at Hyundia with one terrible paw as the savage giant rushes past.

Claw : 1d20+11
Damage : 1d4+7
Miss Chance 1d100

I had done research on the forums about making AoO while grappling a while ago, and I think the final decision was that you can make them as long as you have an appropriate limb free. The lion is using it's jaws to grapple Kaze so it should have it's paws free to make attacks if it gets the chance.

I believe I will be taking my turn right after Kaze updates his actions.

prd wrote:

Grappled: A grappled creature is restrained by a creature, trap, or effect. Grappled creatures cannot move and take a –4 penalty to Dexterity. A grappled creature takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls and combat maneuver checks, except those made to grapple or escape a grapple. In addition, grappled creatures can take no action that requires two hands to perform. A grappled character who attempts to cast a spell must make a concentration check (DC 10 + grappler's CMB + spell level), or lose the spell. Grappled creatures cannot make attacks of opportunity.

When you grapple someone you also gain the grappled condition unless you take the -20. I missed this post earlier.

As for Eben's(kaze) save DC, it is 17.


m half-elven Lich 15 DM/10 Grandmaster DM
NPC d'Eben wrote:

Rallic, did Kaze make the concentration check to cast in a grapple vs. the Lion?

If so (which I doubt), then the DC is 17.
Kaze's will save vs. his own Confusion spell 1d20 + 11.

ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDIN' ME?! This is not my match. Sigh. Sorry, teammates.

Will saves vs. Rallick
1d20 + 11
1d20 + 11

So, if nothing else, he's staggered for 8 rounds.

No you did not make the concentration check. I just looked up the formula, and the lion's stats.

Dark Archive

Male Human Summoner lv1
NPC d'Eben wrote:
This is not my match. Sigh. Sorry, teammates.

No worries, you're not the only one who is having a bad time. My Archons are dead and *poofed* by the way.


Will Save vs. 19x2 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30, 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 = 2nd one failed. 8-C


Will Saves: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 (Vs Eben so I'm good)

Daveth grins a bit as he sees the lion take out several of the images, hoping that this will make it easier on himself to attack the man Daveth raises his scythe and begins swinging wildly.

attack rolls:

1d20 + 20 ⇒ (16) + 20 = 36
1d100 ⇒ 33
2d4 + 14 ⇒ (2, 2) + 14 = 18

1d20 + 20 ⇒ (19) + 20 = 39
1d100 ⇒ 69
2d4 + 14 ⇒ (2, 3) + 14 = 19

1d20 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 20 = 31
1d100 ⇒ 71
2d4 + 14 ⇒ (4, 2) + 14 = 20


RHYOL THE VOLCANO :: HP 42/76 :: AC 19 CMD 22 :: Fort +13 Ref +7 Will +3 :: Perception +11 (Tremor 60; Darkvision 60) :: Conditions: none

Kaze roars in manic laughter as the first swing takes out a duplicate. Itt's cut violently short, however, as the second attack drives wickedly across his chest only to be succeeded by another, and two Kaze's drop to the ground, vacant eyes frantically wide, mouth working in his wicked smile as lifeblood pumps from two massive chestwounds onto the lion and the sand floor beneath.

One image remaining, still displaced, but the second two rolls cleared the necessary miss chances, leaving Kaze at -11 hp. Still alive, but dying.


Female Shifter Barbarian 1

Lethe takes off after Hyundai and attempts to bring her axe into the back of his head

Acrobatics to avoid AoO

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

Attack (+2 If she can charge)

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25

Damage

1d12 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 30


Male Half-Elf summoner Lvl 8

Round 4: Current fighting order
Ryllandaras + Lion 28
Garinol 21 (+3)
Kaze 20 (+11) ------> Still twitching if anyone has a trick up their sleeve?
Bryan 18 (+3)
Quandary(Hyundai) 20 (+1)
Rallick Nom
Daveth 18
Lethe 12
Deverau ------> You're up mate!
Ray 5 (and Lobo and Archons)


Big fella, you are not escaping so easy

Throw a smoke bomb to W-7 square and move to S-9


AoO vs. Lethe 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29 for 2d8 + 19 ⇒ (2, 3) + 19 = 24
Lethe's valiant attack bounces off Hyundai's armor.
I put Lethe on the closest position she could attack Hyundai from, since the destination wasn't specified.

I am moving Deverau to where he said, and placing his cloud on a reasonable LEGAL intersection since he didn't specify...
1d20 ⇒ 9 This was Deverau's attack roll that he didn't make when throwing the bomb. Even if he's confident of hitting Touch AC for the intersection, Natural 1's ARE possible, so it needs to be rolled.
I also just noticed when checking the Smoke DCs (which you didn't mention in your recent post), that on another turn you had actually posted "Spend a use of Ki Pool and throw another smoke bomb filled with goodies xD and throws it to T-6", which AGAIN was not a legal target and did not include DCs/effects, but AFAIK you were not able to do that because you were staggered that round.
I wasn't even aware of this attempted action in the first place because it was placed under a spoiler... And AFAIK you didn't follow up on it when nobody rolled any saves, and a 2nd smoke cloud was put on the map. Perhaps that all happened in your smoke-induced Confusion? :-)
Generally speaking, you shouldn't be spoilering your main actions of your turn, unless it is a non-obvious spell effect (which you should still cover by saying you cast 'a spell' in clear text, and give the spoiler a Spellcraft/Know Arcana DC). I spoilered Hyundais last turn ONLY because I goofed on Init order, so other characters acted first and I didn't want to give them any advantage by planning around my future actions. If you want to put rolls or specific details under a spoiler that's fine, but you should have a satisfactory 'plain English' description of your character's actions outside of a spoiler.

Fort Save vs. DC22 (Confusion, WIS-1) 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36, Fort Save vs. DC18 (Staggered) 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33

It looks like the Lion and Lethe will have to make those Saves as well.


Wait I need the roll probably missed it I'm posting in a sorta hurry since I'm still in the hospital today since morning, still this should not be an excuse I know.

The other ones are mistakes of mine but I think I did target square W-7 for the smoke bomb that that spends a use of my Ki leaving me with 6 in my ki Pool


I moved Lobo Gris for it[s turn.


Male Half-Elf summoner Lvl 8

The map isn't laoding properly so I apologize if I miss anything.

Ryllandaras continues his slow but brutal assault of the mage.

Grapple to maintain : 1d20 + 20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 20 + 5 = 35
Claw Damage : 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

I forgot to roll damage last round but I'm not going to worry about it.

Rake attacks (free action) :

Rake : 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
Damage : 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Rake : 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
Damage : 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

As the Lion feels the fight leave it's victim, it turns in search of a new victim. As it turns to attack the giant waiting behind it, the lion gets a strong wiff of the poison gass behind it and attempts to shrug it off and maul Hyundia.

Fort Save vs. DC22 (Confusion, WIS-1) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9, Fort Save vs. DC18 (Staggered) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

The Lion is not slowed by the gas but is disoriented.

Confusion : 1d100 ⇒ 11

The fiendish lion is able to quickly shrug off it's confusion and launches a deadly attack against Hyundia :

Bite : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Damage : 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 + Grab : 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35 grapple
Miss Chance 1d100 ⇒ 8

Claw : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Damage : 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Miss Chance 1d100 ⇒ 82

Claw : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Damage : 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Miss Chance 1d100 ⇒ 12

------------------------------
Round 4: Current fighting order
Ryllandaras + Lion 28
Garinol 21 (+3) ------> You're Up!
Kaze 20 (+11) ------> Still twitching if anyone has a trick up their sleeve?
Bryan 18 (+3)
Quandary(Hyundai) 20 (+1)
Rallick Nom
Daveth 18
Lethe 12
Deverau
Ray 5 (and Lobo and Archons)


¨Prepare to be Garinated...¨ he intones in a deep, stoic voice...
G-Man jets forward, a trail of sparks and smoke trailing behind him, drawing his Bastard Sword before drawing aside Rallick.

---------------------------------------------
All the Lion´s attacks miss (fortunately avoiding the Nat. 20 Grapple check)
---------------------------------------------
Round 5: Current fighting order
Ryllandaras + Lion 28
Garinol 21 (+3)
Kaze 20 (+11) ------> If you can, please post your current HPs and CON score so we can check your bleed-out time, you can also roll stabilization checks.
Bryan 18 (+3) ------> Your turn!!!
Quandary(Hyundai) 20 (+1)
Rallick Nom
Daveth 18
Lethe 12
Deverau
Ray 5 (and Lobo and Archons)


I'm out of images. I am down to 9 hit points after the last attacks from Ryllandaras. Did you mean that you forgot damage from the previous round? If so, then I am probably dying or dead.

401 to 450 of 599 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Barcas - The Arena of Ridonport All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.