Can this character survive Age of Ashes?


Advice


Hi, we are starting this adventure path and this is one of the characters I´ve created for the adventure, I have done other types of clerics more "traditional" or combat capable, but I would love to try this, but if every1 thinks this character is doomed, I´ll rethink about it.

The other party members are: 2 Human monks, one with the mountain style and the other with the wolf style, they are from the same temple and know each other, a Druid with animal companion (i dont know the which one) and a Wizard.

And here is my character, an elf cleric of Eritrice with the background Dragon Scholar from the AoA player guide

Nilia Algarath
Female elf (ancient elf) cleric 1
CG, Medium, Elf, Humanoid
Perception +7; low-light vision
Languages Common, Draconic, Elven
Skills Acrobatics +5, Arcana +4, Crafting +4, Diplomacy +5, Dragon Lore +4, Intimidation +5, Medicine +7, Nature +7, Religion +7
Str 10 (+0), Dex 14 (+2), Con 10 (+0), Int 12 (+1), Wis 18 (+4), Cha 14 (+2)
Other Items dagger, backpack, bandolier, basic crafter's book, belt pouch, fine clothing, healer's tools, scroll case, silver religious symbol, writing set, purse (43 sp; 6 cp)
--------------------
AC 15; Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +9
HP 14 Focus Points 1 Hero Points 1
--------------------
Speed 30 feet
Melee [1] dagger +5 (versatile S, thrown 10 ft., agile, finesse), Damage 1d4 piercing/slashing
Ranged [1] dagger +5 (versatile S, thrown 10 ft., agile, finesse), Damage 1d4 piercing/slashing

Divine Cleric Spells DC 17, attack +7; 1st bless, magic weapon Cantrips (1st) daze, detect magic, divine lance, shield, stabilize

Arcane Sorcerer Spellcasting DC 15, attack +5; Cantrips (1st) light, mage hand

Feats Domain Initiate, Elemental Wrath[LOCG], Intimidating Glare, Sorcerer Dedication

Other Abilities anathema, cloistered cleric, component substitution, deity, divine font, divine spellcasting, doctrine, draconic, first doctrine, knowledge

Out of combat I plan to be the face of the party, as the other characters are more combat focused and charisma dont enter his plans and in combat to stay behind (obviously) and heal and cast as aproppiate, got elemental wrath as my main typical attack, as I will tend to use a lot of utility and support spells with my cleric and sorcerer slots

Any suggestion and/or advice?

Thanks


What are you trying to achieve here? Trying to be a cleric , wizard and party face seems like a lot to take on. What are you hoping for from the wizard side with only a +1 in the casting stat?

And 10 con and no armour seems like a risky proposition

What is the concept and why the class and multiclass? Is there a reason you aren’t committing to cleric?

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Acid Splash is a pretty terrible cantrip, so I wouldn't grab Elemental Wrath. You'd be much better off grabbing Otherworldly Magic for Electric Arc (probably the best attack cantrip in the game).

And I think those stats look fine in terms of survivability for someone who will never ever get into melee combat. In close, you'll get really hurt really quick, but you can probably mostly avoid that with multiple frontliners, which it sounds like you have.

Given that your primary offense is gonna be an Innate Spell and thus Charisma based, and you're going to be focusing on utility and support stuff with your Cleric spells, I would drop Wis to 16 and raise Cha to 16 to make you better offensively, which also gives you another use of Divine Font, making it an even better life choice.


Lanathar wrote:

What are you trying to achieve here? Trying to be a cleric , wizard and party face seems like a lot to take on. What are you hoping for from the wizard side with only a +1 in the casting stat?

And 10 con and no armour seems like a risky proposition

What is the concept and why the class and multiclass? Is there a reason you aren’t committing to cleric?

Only trying to be cleric and party face, the sorcerer dedication is to get acces to more versatility in terms of buffs/debuffs and my casting stat for that is now +2 and i intend to raise cha every time I get to. I intend to get only the spellcasting multiclass feats so i I will have plenty of feats to be a full cleric

I get the no armor and CON 10 will be really dangerous in the earlier levels, but I hope i can survive with a little luck and being very careful


Deadmanwalking wrote:

Acid Splash is a pretty terrible cantrip, so I wouldn't grab Elemental Wrath. You'd be much better off grabbing Otherworldly Magic for Electric Arc (probably the best attack cantrip in the game).

And I think those stats look fine in terms of survivability for someone who will never ever get into melee combat. In close, you'll get really hurt really quick, but you can probably mostly avoid that with multiple frontliners, which it sounds like you have.

Given that your primary offense is gonna be an Innate Spell and thus Charisma based, and you're going to be focusing on utility and support stuff with your Cleric spells, I would drop Wis to 16 and raise Cha to 16 to make you better offensively, which also gives you another use of Divine Font, making it an even better life choice.

I know Electric Arc is better, but I like elemental wrath because it´s only 1 action, so I can move, cast and mantain a spell (or get bless bigger) or cast a buff spell and attack in the same round.

I will think about raising cha and lowering wis, as i will not use most of my spells to offense, thanks


I could find, what Domain did you take?

Also about your memorized spells, I wouldn't take Bless, unless it is to buff you and the Wizard, you don't want to be too close to the Fight to buff the Monks and the Animal Companion.
As for Magic Weapon, are the Monks fighting with Monk weapons? If they are fighting unarmed, take something else, fear can be good.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
wujenta wrote:
Deadmanwalking wrote:

Acid Splash is a pretty terrible cantrip, so I wouldn't grab Elemental Wrath. You'd be much better off grabbing Otherworldly Magic for Electric Arc (probably the best attack cantrip in the game).

And I think those stats look fine in terms of survivability for someone who will never ever get into melee combat. In close, you'll get really hurt really quick, but you can probably mostly avoid that with multiple frontliners, which it sounds like you have.

Given that your primary offense is gonna be an Innate Spell and thus Charisma based, and you're going to be focusing on utility and support stuff with your Cleric spells, I would drop Wis to 16 and raise Cha to 16 to make you better offensively, which also gives you another use of Divine Font, making it an even better life choice.

I know Electric Arc is better, but I like elemental wrath because it´s only 1 action, so I can move, cast and mantain a spell (or get bless bigger) or cast a buff spell and attack in the same round.

I will think about raising cha and lowering wis, as i will not use most of my spells to offense, thanks

Elemental Wrath is still two actions, removing components doesn't lower action cost.


My no-spoilers advice:
Keep the 18 Wis, 14 Cha, mainly because you're playing to 20th, but also, when it comes to the tougher battles, you'll want your main spells to have their max DC. With 16s, you'll reach an awkward hiccup in stat increases where you'll have to put the bonuses in stats you don't use much.

The 10 Con is worrisome, so keep that Shield up!
You may want to carry a shield too, just in case.
And be prepared to Heal yourself as much as anybody, assuming the Druid covers his animal.

And Salamileg's right about Elemental Wrath; still two actions.
Being called Age of Ashes, presume to face fire, so you may want Ray of Frost instead. And maybe innate fire resistance (or another race that lets you get to 14 Con, like Gnome which can get Cantrips too.)
I say 14 Con, again because you're going to 20th.


Kendaan wrote:

I could find, what Domain did you take?

Also about your memorized spells, I wouldn't take Bless, unless it is to buff you and the Wizard, you don't want to be too close to the Fight to buff the Monks and the Animal Companion.
As for Magic Weapon, are the Monks fighting with Monk weapons? If they are fighting unarmed, take something else, fear can be good.

I took knowledge domain.

You re right about bless and magic weapon, ill change them


Salamileg wrote:
wujenta wrote:
Deadmanwalking wrote:

Acid Splash is a pretty terrible cantrip, so I wouldn't grab Elemental Wrath. You'd be much better off grabbing Otherworldly Magic for Electric Arc (probably the best attack cantrip in the game).

And I think those stats look fine in terms of survivability for someone who will never ever get into melee combat. In close, you'll get really hurt really quick, but you can probably mostly avoid that with multiple frontliners, which it sounds like you have.

Given that your primary offense is gonna be an Innate Spell and thus Charisma based, and you're going to be focusing on utility and support stuff with your Cleric spells, I would drop Wis to 16 and raise Cha to 16 to make you better offensively, which also gives you another use of Divine Font, making it an even better life choice.

I know Electric Arc is better, but I like elemental wrath because it´s only 1 action, so I can move, cast and mantain a spell (or get bless bigger) or cast a buff spell and attack in the same round.

I will think about raising cha and lowering wis, as i will not use most of my spells to offense, thanks

Elemental Wrath is still two actions, removing components doesn't lower action cost.

Frack, i will drop elemental wrath and take elven lore for more skills and took some damage cantrips with the sorcerer dedication as my “typical” attacks


Castilliano wrote:

My no-spoilers advice:

Keep the 18 Wis, 14 Cha, mainly because you're playing to 20th, but also, when it comes to the tougher battles, you'll want your main spells to have their max DC. With 16s, you'll reach an awkward hiccup in stat increases where you'll have to put the bonuses in stats you don't use much.

The 10 Con is worrisome, so keep that Shield up!
You may want to carry a shield too, just in case.
And be prepared to Heal yourself as much as anybody, assuming the Druid covers his animal.

And Salamileg's right about Elemental Wrath; still two actions.
Being called Age of Ashes, presume to face fire, so you may want Ray of Frost instead. And maybe innate fire resistance (or another race that lets you get to 14 Con, like Gnome which can get Cantrips too.)
I say 14 Con, again because you're going to 20th.

The thing about the wis 16 vs 18 Is that i think that you are only at -1 comparing to other casters with 18 starting stat in levels 1-4 and 10-14 and in lvl 20... in the others levels you are his equal, and i dont know if you play a lot in lvl 20 or you only get to 20 after finishing the adventure...

I will go with ray of frost, and change my dragon bloodline to silver for thematic purposes...


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

I am not sure about this, but I think you get to level 20 and have some time left to enjoy the benefits. But those early levels are a more pressing concern.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Worshiping Eritrice (Heart-Speaker) seems like it might be the greatest threat to your survival: Losing the ability to lie can be painful.

At a glance, I'd guess your entire party is in trouble: Four 'unarmored' characters can take a lot of damage really quickly (please note that Mountain Stance is an action to activate, so this character will probably be badly pummeled when he loses initiative). Furthermore, no one has more base hp than 8hp/level, so you don't have much of a buffer there. I don't see a trap-springer in your lineup, or even anyone with Perception above 'trained' (two Wisdom-based casters isn't a horrible start, though).


Taja the Barbarian wrote:

Worshiping Eritrice (Heart-Speaker) seems like it might be the greatest threat to your survival: Losing the ability to lie can be painful.

At a glance, I'd guess your entire party is in trouble: Four 'unarmored' characters can take a lot of damage really quickly (please note that Mountain Stance is an action to activate, so this character will probably be badly pummeled when he loses initiative). Furthermore, no one has more base hp than 8hp/level, so you don't have much of a buffer there. I don't see a trap-springer in your lineup, or even anyone with Perception above 'trained' (two Wisdom-based casters isn't a horrible start, though).

Mountain Stance monk could just make their exploration activity staying in Mountain Stance. Monks also have 10 HP per level. With that set up, the mountain monk is a fine tank.

A more proficient trap finder would be useful, but it's by no means required with 2 healers in the party.


Taja the Barbarian wrote:

Worshiping Eritrice (Heart-Speaker) seems like it might be the greatest threat to your survival: Losing the ability to lie can be painful.

At a glance, I'd guess your entire party is in trouble: Four 'unarmored' characters can take a lot of damage really quickly (please note that Mountain Stance is an action to activate, so this character will probably be badly pummeled when he loses initiative). Furthermore, no one has more base hp than 8hp/level, so you don't have much of a buffer there. I don't see a trap-springer in your lineup, or even anyone with Perception above 'trained' (two Wisdom-based casters isn't a horrible start, though).

I think that my character can lie sometimes in specific things and not break anathema, as it say sow or perpetuate a lie... like You learn that a ghost story in a town is in reality a trick to atract adventurers or something like that and you go along with it... . I will ask my GM about this obviously to be sure.

The monks are d10 hit points characters, i hope with their high AC (both have 19 at lvl 1) could tank a bit

The trap spotter and trap removal is a concern, But i think one of the monks is going to multiclass into rogue


The knowledge domain is also a great help with Perception checks

Shadow Lodge

Queaux wrote:
Taja the Barbarian wrote:

Worshiping Eritrice (Heart-Speaker) seems like it might be the greatest threat to your survival: Losing the ability to lie can be painful.

At a glance, I'd guess your entire party is in trouble: Four 'unarmored' characters can take a lot of damage really quickly (please note that Mountain Stance is an action to activate, so this character will probably be badly pummeled when he loses initiative). Furthermore, no one has more base hp than 8hp/level, so you don't have much of a buffer there. I don't see a trap-springer in your lineup, or even anyone with Perception above 'trained' (two Wisdom-based casters isn't a horrible start, though).

Mountain Stance monk could just make their exploration activity staying in Mountain Stance. Monks also have 10 HP per level. With that set up, the mountain monk is a fine tank.

A more proficient trap finder would be useful, but it's by no means required with 2 healers in the party.

Nope, stances only work in encounter mode.

Stance (Core Rulebook pg. 637) wrote:
A stance is a general combat strategy that you enter by using an action with the stance trait, and that you remain in for some time. A stance lasts until you get knocked out, until its requirements (if any) are violated, until the encounter ends, or until you enter a new stance, whichever comes first. After you use an action with the stance trait, you can’t use another one for 1 round. You can enter or be in a stance only in encounter mode.

I don't see any Exploration Activities that allow you to stay in a stance.

Your are correct about Monk HPs, so that helps. I also forgot that Monks get expert Unarmored Proficiency at 1st level (as you might be able to tell, haven't really played with them much), so AC isn't as horrible as I thought (AC15 without the stance, vs AC17 for a Thief in Leather Armor).

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Castilliano wrote:

My no-spoilers advice:

Keep the 18 Wis, 14 Cha, mainly because you're playing to 20th, but also, when it comes to the tougher battles, you'll want your main spells to have their max DC. With 16s, you'll reach an awkward hiccup in stat increases where you'll have to put the bonuses in stats you don't use much.

Only at 20th. Yes the game goes to 20th level, but it doesn't stay there long, so I wouldn't worry about it overmuch.

-1 Save DCs on your Cleric spells at 10th-14th and 20th level specifically is (as wujenta seems to be aware) not as important as +1 DC on your offensive spell DCs from 1st to 9th and an extra maxed out Heal per day throughout most of your career, IMO.

Especially as the only Charisma character in a PC group. The bonus on social skills is gonna be super relevant outside combat, though the party lacking Deception will indeed be something of an obstacle, as others note.

If you don't want Electric Arc, Ray of Frost is a solid second choice for offense, allowing you to not need to get as close to enemies due to longer range. Your offense will generally be worse than Electric Arc, but you'll be safer.

Taja the Barbarian wrote:
Worshiping Eritrice (Heart-Speaker) seems like it might be the greatest threat to your survival: Losing the ability to lie can be painful.

This is a potential issue, yes. Especially as the only social character. Still, if it's the route you want to go for roleplay, stick with it. I'm sure you can work around it with enough effort...

Taja the Barbarian wrote:
At a glance, I'd guess your entire party is in trouble: Four 'unarmored' characters can take a lot of damage really quickly (please note that Mountain Stance is an action to activate, so this character will probably be badly pummeled when he loses initiative). Furthermore, no one has more base hp than 8hp/level, so you don't have much of a buffer there. I don't see a trap-springer in your lineup, or even anyone with Perception above 'trained' (two Wisdom-based casters isn't a horrible start, though).

As wujenta notes, Monks are 10 HP per level and as durable as any Fighter. The Mountain Stance guy should probably not be in the lead (that should be the Wolf Stance guy and maybe the Druid) due to the lack of Stance outside combat, but will do fine after they get a turn.

Trap-disabling is definitely a good idea, but hardly mandatory at low levels, and Expert Perception is readily available by 3rd level with a General Feat. Heck, a Human PC may have already taken that Feat and have Expert, if they so desire.


Have you considered Apsu as a god instead of Eritrice?

Seeing that you are Dragon Themed, that would be a good fit, the Wyrmkin domain is really good, and Apsu gives Magic Fang, which would be useful at low level.

For a Cloistered Cleric, I am more in favor of 18 wisdom, that is also +1 DC at level 1-4. The 1 more Heal matters at low level, but less at higher level, and you can always memorize more in your spell slots.


Taja the Barbarian wrote:
Queaux wrote:
Taja the Barbarian wrote:

Worshiping Eritrice (Heart-Speaker) seems like it might be the greatest threat to your survival: Losing the ability to lie can be painful.

At a glance, I'd guess your entire party is in trouble: Four 'unarmored' characters can take a lot of damage really quickly (please note that Mountain Stance is an action to activate, so this character will probably be badly pummeled when he loses initiative). Furthermore, no one has more base hp than 8hp/level, so you don't have much of a buffer there. I don't see a trap-springer in your lineup, or even anyone with Perception above 'trained' (two Wisdom-based casters isn't a horrible start, though).

Mountain Stance monk could just make their exploration activity staying in Mountain Stance. Monks also have 10 HP per level. With that set up, the mountain monk is a fine tank.

A more proficient trap finder would be useful, but it's by no means required with 2 healers in the party.

Nope, stances only work in encounter mode.

Stance (Core Rulebook pg. 637) wrote:
A stance is a general combat strategy that you enter by using an action with the stance trait, and that you remain in for some time. A stance lasts until you get knocked out, until its requirements (if any) are violated, until the encounter ends, or until you enter a new stance, whichever comes first. After you use an action with the stance trait, you can’t use another one for 1 round. You can enter or be in a stance only in encounter mode.

I don't see any Exploration Activities that allow you to stay in a stance.

Your are correct about Monk HPs, so that helps. I also forgot that Monks get expert Unarmored Proficiency at 1st level (as you might be able to tell, haven't really played with them much), so AC isn't as horrible as I thought (AC15...

Actually, the mountain monk has 12 dex, so when not in stance he will be AC 16 and AC 19 in stance... the wolf monk will be 19 all day long.


Kendaan wrote:

Have you considered Apsu as a god instead of Eritrice?

Seeing that you are Dragon Themed, that would be a good fit, the Wyrmkin domain is really good, and Apsu gives Magic Fang, which would be useful at low level.

For a Cloistered Cleric, I am more in favor of 18 wisdom, that is also +1 DC at level 1-4. The 1 more Heal matters at low level, but less at higher level, and you can always memorize more in your spell slots.

Good idea, I´ll look into it

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kendaan wrote:
For a Cloistered Cleric, I am more in favor of 18 wisdom, that is also +1 DC at level 1-4. The 1 more Heal matters at low level, but less at higher level, and you can always memorize more in your spell slots.

If using Cleric spells offensively this is absolutely true, but wujenta's plan seems to be mostly using their Sorcerer spells for offense and using Cleric spells more for healing and buffs. In that situation, the higher Charisma is better, IMO.

Shadow Lodge

Deadmanwalking wrote:
Kendaan wrote:
For a Cloistered Cleric, I am more in favor of 18 wisdom, that is also +1 DC at level 1-4. The 1 more Heal matters at low level, but less at higher level, and you can always memorize more in your spell slots.
If using Cleric spells offensively this is absolutely true, but wujenta's plan seems to be mostly using their Sorcerer spells for offense and using Cleric spells more for healing and buffs. In that situation, the higher Charisma is better, IMO.

Archetypes grant so few spells that building around this is probably unwise: At 11th level, you'll only have a 3rd, a 2nd, and maybe 2 1sts. Combine that with your generally lower proficiency and it seems like a bad idea to use these slots offensively.


Taja the Barbarian wrote:
Deadmanwalking wrote:
Kendaan wrote:
For a Cloistered Cleric, I am more in favor of 18 wisdom, that is also +1 DC at level 1-4. The 1 more Heal matters at low level, but less at higher level, and you can always memorize more in your spell slots.
If using Cleric spells offensively this is absolutely true, but wujenta's plan seems to be mostly using their Sorcerer spells for offense and using Cleric spells more for healing and buffs. In that situation, the higher Charisma is better, IMO.

Archetypes grant so few spells that building around this is probably unwise: At 11th level, you'll only have a 3rd, a 2nd, and maybe 2 1sts. Combine that with your generally lower proficiency and it seems like a bad idea to use these slots offensively.

I think ill go with 18 wis and 14 cha, at lvl 20 they will be 22 wis and 20 cha.

I also took the advice and change god to Apsu, as my character has a draconic theme, and the focus spell and the adition of magic fang and dragon form much later will be useful and fun

I will choose a second deity (probably Irori or Yuelral) with syncretism at lvl 2 to get the knowledge domain And a bunch of other spells added to my cleric spells

Ill post the character tomorrow and update if she meets a tragic finale during the campaign


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

You’ve probably considered this, but if you multiclass into Druid instead of Sorcerer your wisdom will set the DC and attack rolls of all your spells. And the primal spell list would also add a lot of versatility to the Divine spell list.

(You could still keep the 14 Charisma in order to be the face and to intimidate, of course.)


wujenta wrote:


I will choose a second deity (probably Irori or Yuelral) with syncretism at lvl 2 to get the knowledge domain And a bunch of other spells added to my cleric spells

Yuelral is really nice for Elves & half Elves indeed.

However Syncretism only give you 1 domain from the second God, none of the spells or other domains(that would be a bit overpowered otherwise, especially taking 2 gods of Magic that add 9 spells each)


Hi, yesterday we played the first session of AoA and my character survived !!

Well, as promised, here it is the final version that i´m playing, hope to survive the first dificult lvls, because I think she has great potential:

Nilia Algarath
Female ancient elf cleric of Apsu 1
LG, Medium, Elf, Humanoid
Perception +7; low-light vision
Languages Common, Draconic, Elven

Skills Acrobatics +5, Arcana +4, Crafting +4, Deception +5, Diplomacy +5, Dragon Lore +4, Elven Lore +4, Intimidation +5, Medicine +7, Nature +7, Religion +7, Society +4

Str 10 (+0), Dex 14 (+2), Con 10 (+0), Int 12 (+1), Wis 18 (+4), Cha 14 (+2)

Other Items dagger, backpack, bandolier, basic crafter's book, belt pouch, fine clothing, healer's tools, scroll case, silver religious symbol, writing set, purse (43 sp; 6 cp)
--------------------
AC 15; Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +9
HP 14 Focus Points 1 Hero Points 1
--------------------
Speed 30 feet
Melee [1] dagger +5 (versatile S, thrown 10 ft., agile, finesse), Damage 1d4 piercing/slashing
Ranged [1] dagger +5 (versatile S, thrown 10 ft., agile, finesse), Damage 1d4 piercing/slashing

Divine Cleric Spells DC 17, attack +7; 1st fear, magic fang Cantrips (1st) detect magic, guidance, light, shield, stabilize

Arcane Sorcerer Spellcasting DC 15, attack +5; Cantrips (1st) mage hand, ray of frost

Feats Domain Initiate, Elven Lore, Intimidating Glare, Sorcerer Dedication

Other Abilities anathema, cloistered cleric, component substitution, deity, divine font, divine spellcasting, doctrine, draconic, first doctrine, wyrmkin


So after seeing your character I was inspired to Make my own. I think insted of going ancient elf "Sorcerer" to get some bit of offence you can just go human and take Adapted Cantrip insted. Here is what I cam up with.

"Name"
Female Human (Skilled Athletics) cleric of Ranginori(Elemental Lord of Air) 1
CG, Medium, Human, Humanoid
Perception +7;
Languages Common

Skills Acrobatics +4, Athletics +3, Intimidation +6, Sailing Lore +3, Intimidation +6, Medicine +7, Nature +7, Religion +7

Str 10 (+0), Dex 12 (+1), Con 12 (+1), Int 10 (+0), Wis 18 (+4), Cha 16 (+3)

Other Items dagger, Whip, backpack, bandolier, basic crafter's book, belt pouch, fine clothing, healer's tools, scroll case, silver religious symbol, writing set, purse (42 sp; 6 cp)
--------------------
AC 14; Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +9
HP 17 Focus Points 1 Hero Points 1
--------------------
Speed 25 feet
Melee [1] dagger +4 (versatile S, thrown 10 ft., agile, finesse), Damage 1d4 piercing/slashing
Ranged [1] dagger +4 (versatile S, thrown 10 ft., agile, finesse), Damage 1d4 piercing/slashing
Melee [1] Whip +4 (Disarm, Fenesse, Nonlethal, Reach, Trip)

Divine Cleric Spells DC 17, attack +7; 1st fear, magic weapon Cantrips (1st) detect magic, Electric Arc(Adapted Cantrip), light, shield, stabilize

Feats Domain Initiate, Adapted Cantrip, Intimidating Glare

Other Abilities anathema, cloistered cleric, deity, divine font, divine spellcasting, doctrine, first doctrine

Now the big thing here is where to in the next few lvls. I see a similar Sorc Dedication but more to get needed skills(Stealth/diplomacy) and a few spair utility cantrips than anything else (I'd go elemental to fit diety) and Assurance Athletics so I can "Whip it real good" to trip and disarm with a 10' reach vs minions. From here there are lots of ways to go but I see Intimidation at Expert and adopted ancentery Halfling at 3rd, Assurance Medicine or Battle medicine as well as Healing hands at 4th, with Halfling luck religon Expert with con/wis/dex/cha boosts at 5th.

This gives a cool whip weilding (likely sheild carrying) healer with electric arc as a main magical offence and loads of fount healing as well as a solid face


Timeshadow wrote:

So after seeing your character I was inspired to Make my own. I think insted of going ancient elf "Sorcerer" to get some bit of offence you can just go human and take Adapted Cantrip insted. Here is what I cam up with.

"Name"
Female Human (Skilled Athletics) cleric of Ranginori(Elemental Lord of Air) 1
CG, Medium, Human, Humanoid
Perception +7;
Languages Common

Skills Acrobatics +4, Athletics +3, Intimidation +6, Sailing Lore +3, Intimidation +6, Medicine +7, Nature +7, Religion +7

Str 10 (+0), Dex 12 (+1), Con 12 (+1), Int 10 (+0), Wis 18 (+4), Cha 16 (+3)

Other Items dagger, Whip, backpack, bandolier, basic crafter's book, belt pouch, fine clothing, healer's tools, scroll case, silver religious symbol, writing set, purse (42 sp; 6 cp)
--------------------
AC 14; Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +9
HP 17 Focus Points 1 Hero Points 1
--------------------
Speed 25 feet
Melee [1] dagger +4 (versatile S, thrown 10 ft., agile, finesse), Damage 1d4 piercing/slashing
Ranged [1] dagger +4 (versatile S, thrown 10 ft., agile, finesse), Damage 1d4 piercing/slashing
Melee [1] Whip +4 (Disarm, Fenesse, Nonlethal, Reach, Trip)

Divine Cleric Spells DC 17, attack +7; 1st fear, magic weapon Cantrips (1st) detect magic, Electric Arc(Adapted Cantrip), light, shield, stabilize

Feats Domain Initiate, Adapted Cantrip, Intimidating Glare

Other Abilities anathema, cloistered cleric, deity, divine font, divine spellcasting, doctrine, first doctrine

Now the big thing here is where to in the next few lvls. I see a similar Sorc Dedication but more to get needed skills(Stealth/diplomacy) and a few spair utility cantrips than anything else (I'd go elemental to fit diety) and Assurance Athletics so I can "Whip it real good" to trip and disarm with a 10' reach vs minions. From here there are lots of ways to go but I see Intimidation at Expert and adopted ancentery Halfling at 3rd, Assurance Medicine or Battle medicine as well as Healing hands at 4th, with Halfling luck religon Expert with con/wis/dex/cha boosts...

A good one, but I wanted to be elf, I usually play humans and your build is solid imho, but my last 3 chars were human and were "fighter type" (a human monk, a champion paladin wielding 2 handed sword and a giant barbarian) so i wanted something veeery diferent rpg wise

Thanks anyway, ill remember this if my original one does not survive and have to create a new one... cleric with sorcerer elemental would get divine and primal spells... i could get animal form so i could contribute in melee sometimes in the early levels


Well there is always half elf :-) But yah sometimes you just want to be a zippy long eared tree hugger :-)

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Second Edition / Advice / Can this character survive Age of Ashes? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.