[PFS] Shadow's Last Stand, part 1 + 2 (Inactive)

Game Master StephNyan


401 to 450 of 662 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 10 AC: 27; Init: +2; CMB: +7 CMD: 20; F:+11 R:+7 W:+13; HP:66/74; Perception +20; (60’ Darkvision)

"Die slaver scum!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Ranger-13 (DivineTracker) AC23/T16/F18/CMD21 |HP 112/112| Fort:+14;Ref:+17 Will+10| Evasion : Percept.+23| Init.+7 | { } {Blessings 0/9, Liberation 0/1 reroll 0/1 - { }

"Can a couple of you engage zhe captain back zhere.
I cannot get zhrough. Zhe rest of us can take care of zhis riffraff."

Roland swings his greatsword at the next of the slaver flunkies (pink hexagon).

CI Greatsword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 for dmg: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 6 = 13

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Tian) Monk (Flowing Monk)/4, Witch/1: HP (41/41): AC (22/touch=18/flat=14): Saves (Fort=6/Ref=8/Will=8): Initiative +4: Perception +9: Sense Motive +6

Kavaki attempts to trip the red dhampir.

trip: temple sword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

if trip succeeds, Kavaki will perform vicious stomp...

vicious stomp (feat):
Vicious Stomp(1st lvl): Whenever an opponent falls prone adjacent to you, that opponent provokes an attack of opportunity from you. This attack must be an unarmed strike.

unarmed strike: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 -4 AC to prone target

damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Kavaki then moves around the cluster of people clockwise. north 2, right 3, south 1. provoking AoO from (prone?) red, and pink dhampirs.

If pink takes the AoO, Kaviki will attempt a redirection trip.

redirection (flowing monk ability):
Redirection(flowing monk): At 1st level, as an immediate action, a flowing monk can attempt a reposition or trip combat maneuver against a creature that the flowing monk threatens and that attacks him. If the combat maneuver is successful, the attacker is sickened for 1 round (Reflex DC = 10 + 1/2 the monk's level + monk's Wisdom modifier to halve the duration), plus 1 additional round at 4th level and for every four levels afterward (to a maximum of 6 rounds at 20th level). The monk gains a +2 bonus on the reposition or trip combat maneuver check and the save DC for redirection increases by 2 if the attacker is using Power Attack or is charging when attacking him. The benefit increases to a +4 bonus and an increase of the saving throw by 4 if both apply.

trip: temple sword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

if redirection trip succeeds, Kavaki will perform a vicious stomp...

unarmed strike: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 -4 AC to prone target

damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Kavaki tries to trip the red dhampir, who's already been defeated by Alanya. He then moves around the defeated dhampir and the pink dhampir, provoking an attack from the latter.

Rapier, pink: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Confirm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

As soon as the pink dhampir attacks, Kavaki trips him.

Pink dhampir's Sickened for 1 round, unless he makes his save:
Reflex DC 13 to half duration to 0.5 (= 0) rounds: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 Not sickened

Despite the pink dhampir's prone state, Kavaki's attack misses and the dhampir's attack continues. The dhampir manages to hit Kavaki and inflict a nasty wound, but Kavaki's able to avoid some of the damage. (Meaning the attack still hits, but is no longer confirmed.)

--- Round 2 ---

Roland swings his greatsword at the pink dhampir, who's prone due to Kavaki's trip. He leaves the dhampir disabled.

Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

The dhampirs' captain, Ruovarn Krillis, climbs onto the cabin's roof. He moves till he's above the cabin's door, and takes out a ligth crossbow as he moves. The crossbow's already loaded, and Ruovarn releases a bolt at Milo. "You try to hide, but I can still see you!"

Bolt, -2 partial cover: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 2 = 12 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Ruovarn's claim to be able to see Milo doesn't appear to hold any meaning. His bolt hits the mast instead of Milo.

Rapier, blue: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The blue dhampir attacks Roland again, but misses with his rapier.

Turn progression - round 2:
Roland
Ruovarn Krillis
Dhampir (blue)
Milo
Dhampir (pink) -13HP & Prone & Disabled
Dhampir (green) -6HP
Branson
Chyras
Kavaki 20/27HP
Alanya

Milo's up.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 10 AC: 27; Init: +2; CMB: +7 CMD: 20; F:+11 R:+7 W:+13; HP:66/74; Perception +20; (60’ Darkvision)

The irony that my 3rd level feat choice was Selective Channel, but in this, my first fight with it, I wouldn't actually need it, hahaha.


Haha :P

Milo should be back today, so I'll give him some more time to post before moving on.

I usually wait 24 hours, then ask someone else to make the absent player's post. (It's your game to play, and I don't want to influence your actions too much.)

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 10 AC: 27; Init: +2; CMB: +7 CMD: 20; F:+11 R:+7 W:+13; HP:66/74; Perception +20; (60’ Darkvision)

Now I don't know where Milo lives, but it is a holiday weekend here in the US, so I say give him until Tuesday.

Grand Lodge

N Gnome Wizard 10 / Sorcerer 1

I'm back! Live in Seattle, but am Canadian, so was up north in Canada for Thanksgiving... always lots of traffic for the drive back. bleh.

Grand Lodge

N Gnome Wizard 10 / Sorcerer 1

Is it possible to climb up on the rowboat? Milo has negative skill at such things, but it might be easy... dunno.

Milo peers up over the intervening cover, glaring at the captain up on the cabin.

"Ain't the one runnin' like some dollymop, ya carked prig! Torch this whole pile a floating tinder down to the bootlines if I have to!" He shouts angrily, as he flings one hand forward over the top of the rowboat. The flame shoots through the air directly at the captain.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22, for 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 fire damage.

As soon as it leaves, the fire reforms once more in the palm of his hand.

Grand Lodge

M Stats Alanya
Spoiler:
Lvl 4 Hp 28/28 AC 18, T13, F16, F+4,R+2,W+3, CMB+5, CMD16, Init+1
H-Elf Summoner 4 HP 35/35 AC17/T11/FF16 F+4/R+2/W+3 CMB+3 CMD14 Init+1, Spd 30ft

That's gotta hurt


@Milo: It's possible as long as you can roll Climb DC0.

Milo's flame spell hits the captain in his face, and burns him badly. "Agh! You rotten gnome!"

Rapier, pink: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The pink dhampir attack Kavaki, but Kavaki easily dodges the attack. Want to use redirect here?[/ooc]

Rapier, green: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Confirm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The green dhampir finds a weak spot in Branson's armor, and pokes him for some damage.

Turn progression - round 2:
Roland
Ruovarn Krillis -13HP
Dhampir (blue)
Milo
Dhampir (pink) -13HP & Prone & Disabled
Dhampir (green) -6HP
Branson 17/21HP
Chyras
Kavaki 20/27HP
Alanya

Those in bold are up, and Roland may go ahead and post his round 3 actions.

Grand Lodge

M Stats Alanya
Spoiler:
Lvl 4 Hp 28/28 AC 18, T13, F16, F+4,R+2,W+3, CMB+5, CMD16, Init+1
H-Elf Summoner 4 HP 35/35 AC17/T11/FF16 F+4/R+2/W+3 CMB+3 CMD14 Init+1, Spd 30ft

Chyras casts another Daze, this time on blue.

"If you'd be so kind to wait."


Alanya 5ft steps forward, now flanking pink with Kavaki.
She starts lashing out with her claws.

"Stand still now, my nails need a new color!"
Claw 1 w/pa: 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 1 + 2 = 12 Dmg: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6
Claw 2 w/pa: 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 - 1 + 2 = 22 Dmg: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 10 AC: 27; Init: +2; CMB: +7 CMD: 20; F:+11 R:+7 W:+13; HP:66/74; Perception +20; (60’ Darkvision)

It looks like I'm flanking the blue one.

Fist Hit: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 2 = 14
Fist Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Fist Bleed: 1d4 ⇒ 1

And bleed on the green one.

Fist Bleed: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Ranger-13 (DivineTracker) AC23/T16/F18/CMD21 |HP 112/112| Fort:+14;Ref:+17 Will+10| Evasion : Percept.+23| Init.+7 | { } {Blessings 0/9, Liberation 0/1 reroll 0/1 - { }

Roland tries to beat down the pesky dhampirs.

He will target any that are prone or flanked first, stepping to reposition if needed.

"Zhese slavers must have somezhing to hide to be zhis persistent, no?"

CI Greatsword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 for dmg: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 6) + 6 = 13

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Tian) Monk (Flowing Monk)/4, Witch/1: HP (41/41): AC (22/touch=18/flat=14): Saves (Fort=6/Ref=8/Will=8): Initiative +4: Perception +9: Sense Motive +6

@GM - Redirection can only be used 1/round. Since that attack happened before the start of my next turn after using it once, I'm not sure if I could use it. So I'll just be safe and not use it for that last attack.

Kavaki will 5' step down 1, to threaten all 3 dhampirs. Full round flurry trying to trip blue 1st then green 2nd.

temple sword trip: blue: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

if trip is successful...

vicious stomp: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 -4 AC to enemy for prone

damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

2nd flurry attack...

temple sword tri: green: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

if trip is successful...

vicious stomp 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 -4 AC to enemy for prone

damage 2: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Grand Lodge

N Gnome Wizard 10 / Sorcerer 1

Its awkward being stuck between all the NPC's initiative-wise. Will post for Milo ahead of time so you can get through all of us in one swoop and avoid the delay.

As long as Krillis is still visible come my turn:

The small gnome seems to get angrier as the fight draws on. Now focused entirely on the captain, he seems to lose track of the the fate of his companions and the other crewman behind him.

Once more, he throws a ball of flame towards his foe.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14, for 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 fire damage.

He curses violently in orcish and, ignoring the fact it is his only cover and he has no armor to speak of, then clambers up onto the rowboat.

The flame once again reforms in his hand, flaring brightly as if mimicking his mood.

Assuming I can move the 5' onto the boat as a move action

Climb Check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

edit: sheesh, I almost fail a DC 0 check!

Grand Lodge

M Stats Alanya
Spoiler:
Lvl 4 Hp 28/28 AC 18, T13, F16, F+4,R+2,W+3, CMB+5, CMD16, Init+1
H-Elf Summoner 4 HP 35/35 AC17/T11/FF16 F+4/R+2/W+3 CMB+3 CMD14 Init+1, Spd 30ft

Bu you made it, that's what's important ;)


Will, blue: 1d20 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) - 1 + 2 = 16

The blue dhampir is unaffected by Chyras' spell, and Branson's fist misses the blue dhampir.

Alanya takes out the pink dhampir, while the green dhampir loses more blood from Branson's earlier attack.

Kavaki both trips and hurts both the blue and green dhampirs. The green dhampir stops moving.

--- Round 3 ---

Roland swings his greatsword at the prone blue dhampir, and takes him out.

Bolt: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

The captain tries to shoot Milo again, but misses his second bolt as well.

Despite his cursing, Milo manages to hit the captain again with his fire spell. He then climbs onto the boat.

Turn progression - round 3:
Roland
Ruovarn Krillis -25HP
Milo
Branson 17/21HP
Chyras
Kavaki 20/27HP
Alanya

Everyone's up, except for Milo.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 10 AC: 27; Init: +2; CMB: +7 CMD: 20; F:+11 R:+7 W:+13; HP:66/74; Perception +20; (60’ Darkvision)

Hold person on the slaver. Will Save DC 15.

"Take him prisoner if you can, a nice public trial is what he deserves from the Andorans!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Ranger-13 (DivineTracker) AC23/T16/F18/CMD21 |HP 112/112| Fort:+14;Ref:+17 Will+10| Evasion : Percept.+23| Init.+7 | { } {Blessings 0/9, Liberation 0/1 reroll 0/1 - { }

Roland will double move towards the ladder of the aft cabin and glares at the captain.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Tian) Monk (Flowing Monk)/4, Witch/1: HP (41/41): AC (22/touch=18/flat=14): Saves (Fort=6/Ref=8/Will=8): Initiative +4: Perception +9: Sense Motive +6

Kavaki double moves, provoking an AoO as he passes by the captain to end in the square just left of the captain. If the captain takes his AoO, Kavaki will use redirection to try and trip the captain.

temple sword trip: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

if successful, Kavaki will perform vicious stomp...

unarmed: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 -4 AC for prone

damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

"Your minions have been dispatched, and you will join them. Yield, answer our questions and you may live to fight another day!"

Grand Lodge

M Stats Alanya
Spoiler:
Lvl 4 Hp 28/28 AC 18, T13, F16, F+4,R+2,W+3, CMB+5, CMD16, Init+1
H-Elf Summoner 4 HP 35/35 AC17/T11/FF16 F+4/R+2/W+3 CMB+3 CMD14 Init+1, Spd 30ft

Chyras moves to he's just behind the rowing boat and casts daze on the captain.

"Stop dis rudeness, can't you see it's futile?"


Alanya moves towards the captain, then takes total defense.


Will DC15, Hold Person: 1d20 + 0 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 0 + 2 = 13
Will DC13, Daze: 1d20 + 0 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 0 + 2 = 18

Branson successfully paralyzes Ruovarn for a duration of 18 seconds. This is enough time for the entire party to gather around the helpless dhampir, take away his weapons, and tie him up.

Combat's over!

When Ruovarn regains full control over his body he clenches his jaw. He glares at Kavaki, who mentioned something about answering questions.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 10 AC: 27; Init: +2; CMB: +7 CMD: 20; F:+11 R:+7 W:+13; HP:66/74; Perception +20; (60’ Darkvision)

Technically, you get a new save each round to throw off the Hold Person.

"We need to go below and check on the poor slaves. They need to be freed, and I highly recommend we notify the authorities somehow, as well as ensure that both the slaves, and the locals are aware that we simple Pathfinders are responsible for freeing this lot, and taking down these slavers. We also want to not tip our hat off to the next location we're going, so let's be quick about this."

Branson has no true way to heal dhampirs, but he can heal check them to stabilize them.

Heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 Succeed
Heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Fail
Heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 Fail
Heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 Fail
Heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 Succeed
Heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 Succeed

That may have taken a while for the last two guys, no idea if it was quick enough.

Grand Lodge

N Gnome Wizard 10 / Sorcerer 1

Aw, I still had two tosses left on my spell! =)

Milo stands, breathing hard, atop the rowboat, one hand clenched into a fist, the other wreathed in dancing flame. After a moment, he takes a deep breath, and the flames die down somewhat, and eventually wink out entirely.

He scowls at everyone, mutters something under his breath, and climbs down out of the rowboat. He then goes over to see what's down the hatch belowdecks, where we heard someone calling for help earlier.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Ranger-13 (DivineTracker) AC23/T16/F18/CMD21 |HP 112/112| Fort:+14;Ref:+17 Will+10| Evasion : Percept.+23| Init.+7 | { } {Blessings 0/9, Liberation 0/1 reroll 0/1 - { }

Roland helps to bind the captives and look for the slaves.

"Zhis was a pesky bunch. Hey captain...are Zhere any more of your thug down below? . "


@Milo: Set it all on fire! Muahaha!

Some of the dhampirs had already stabilized, but Branson successfully stabilizes those who hadn't.

Ruovarn refuses to talk about anything, but a letter found in the captain’s quarters implicates him thoroughly:

Ruovarn,
I hope this letter and the latest
shipment of “supplies” reaches you well,
my lovely helper. I would write more,
but I’m afraid I have a speech to give in
but a few days—as well you know—and I
must practice it if I am to convince these
blasted bureaucrats of the Pathfinders’
treachery. They won’t abolish themselves
from our fair city, after all.

D O.

At the bottom of the letter, on top of the letters D O., a spider is drawn.

Below deck the party finds a group of people, mostly smiling and talking with each other. A young halfling man, the only one not smiling, comes over to you. "Did you come to save us? Finally! These fools have some spell on them, and all think they're heading for some resort where they'll be famous actors! The spell failed on me, but I've just been pretending it worked until I heard you fighting!"

The enslaved actors let you know they'd be more than happy to testify against their captors once the effects of their compulsions wears off. Once you're all back on the main deck you see several city guards approach the Sailswift.

If you want to squeeze some more info out of the captain, you don't have much time left. You'll have to both roll and ask the correct questions to get answers out of him.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 10 AC: 27; Init: +2; CMB: +7 CMD: 20; F:+11 R:+7 W:+13; HP:66/74; Perception +20; (60’ Darkvision)

We gave our speech to the prisoners about how the Pathfinder Society is here to save them right?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Ranger-13 (DivineTracker) AC23/T16/F18/CMD21 |HP 112/112| Fort:+14;Ref:+17 Will+10| Evasion : Percept.+23| Init.+7 | { } {Blessings 0/9, Liberation 0/1 reroll 0/1 - { }

Roland tells the freed slaves

"Remember zhat the Pathfinder's rescued you. We intend to uncover zhis evil plot and end it."

He turns back to the captain.

"Now zhis speech you were giving. When and where is it to be held? NOW!"

Roland intimidate: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
(and accepting any assists, or assisting if another wants to lead)


@Branson: I should've made that clearer when I decided to speed that part up, but yes.

Ruovarn Krillis doesn't look impressed by Roland (alone), but chuckles a bit when Roland mixes up who wrote and who received the letter.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Ranger-13 (DivineTracker) AC23/T16/F18/CMD21 |HP 112/112| Fort:+14;Ref:+17 Will+10| Evasion : Percept.+23| Init.+7 | { } {Blessings 0/9, Liberation 0/1 reroll 0/1 - { }

LOL - Roland's common is not very good, so it is not unusual for him to misread something...but if there is still a speech to be given, he would want to know about it. :-)


Ruovarn isn't going to give up info easily. I couldn't resist to make him chuckle though, to add some flavor to that post :P

Grand Lodge

N Gnome Wizard 10 / Sorcerer 1

We already know when and where for the speech, that was in our briefing at the start of all this was it not? The spider is talking day after next (actually, tomorrow, since we're passed midnight) in front of the Council... so I assume we get to intercept her there with our evidence.

Safe to assume that the DO on the letter is Dorianna Ouidda, though not a given I suppose.

"Prig's still got bits that ain't burnt." Milo growls, glaring at the the captain.
I suck at intimidating... its a size thing! Aid Another on intimidate: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (10) - 4 = 6 edit: see!

Hoping to determine what sort of spell is being used!
As the halfling explains the condition of the prisoners, Milo utters a quiet arcane word, and studies the unknowing prisoners with a thoughtful eye, scowling slightly.

"Am right slum at enchantments." He mutters unhappily.

Knowledge arcana to determine a spell effect in place. Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Plus a couple more in case I can check individuals seperately!
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Alanya bends down behind the captain. Running her claws suddenly past his face, tight but just refrained from drawing blood, she sets up a voice of sadistic pleasure.

"Now now, my dear, dear little captain. You of course would like to answer our few "wittle" questions., clenching sharply next to his eyes.

"You were going to tell us about a speech and your shady business. Or else i get to plllayyy with you...i hope you last longer than the last one....teeheehee. See, aside from eyes, you've got that "thing" down there, i hear it's exquisitely painful for males when it is ripped off, slowly but steadily is even better, and oh so messy."

*Very sadistic evil smile*


Milo's unable to discover anything about the spell, safe that it was a mind-affecting compulsion spell.

Ruovarn doesn't react to Milo's words, but his grin widens instead. When Alanya starts talking the dhampir's grin disappears, and he looks stunned for a few seconds. It does, however, not take long for him to regain his composure. "I think you already know what my 'shady business' is, don't you...? And I don't know anything about a speech. You sure you got the right man?"

The guards then reach the ship. "Hey you, what are you doing here?! Lower those weapons!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Ranger-13 (DivineTracker) AC23/T16/F18/CMD21 |HP 112/112| Fort:+14;Ref:+17 Will+10| Evasion : Percept.+23| Init.+7 | { } {Blessings 0/9, Liberation 0/1 reroll 0/1 - { }

Roland will sheath his Greatsword and encourage the freed slaves to speak up.

"Zhese people were being held as slaves by zhis man and we have rescued zhem. . "

He points to the captain in the party's custody.

Grand Lodge

M Stats Alanya
Spoiler:
Lvl 4 Hp 28/28 AC 18, T13, F16, F+4,R+2,W+3, CMB+5, CMD16, Init+1
H-Elf Summoner 4 HP 35/35 AC17/T11/FF16 F+4/R+2/W+3 CMB+3 CMD14 Init+1, Spd 30ft

"But 'e lacks motivation for talkin. Or we're not askin de right questions."


The freed slaves tell the guards about how you saved them, and the guards thank you for your efforts. "We will handle it from here. You're free to go, but stay in town so we can contact you. Is there a name or address we can use to contact you?"

After dealing with the guards, what do you want to do? It's currently 2am.

Grand Lodge

M Stats Alanya
Spoiler:
Lvl 4 Hp 28/28 AC 18, T13, F16, F+4,R+2,W+3, CMB+5, CMD16, Init+1
H-Elf Summoner 4 HP 35/35 AC17/T11/FF16 F+4/R+2/W+3 CMB+3 CMD14 Init+1, Spd 30ft

"People, want to look at dat shady tee-ater?
It's de next part of rumors wordy to check up, non?"

Grand Lodge

N Gnome Wizard 10 / Sorcerer 1

"If happenings here blow back there, might not be much to eyeball later." Milo mutters, in agreement with Chyras.

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 10 AC: 27; Init: +2; CMB: +7 CMD: 20; F:+11 R:+7 W:+13; HP:66/74; Perception +20; (60’ Darkvision)

"Good sir guard, we can be reached through the Pathfinder Society, local #182."


The guard that asked for an address or name gives Branson an awkward look when he mentions the Pathfinder Society. "I see..."

The party leaves the dhampirs with the guards, and heads for The Captive Audience.

The Captive Audience

The Theater District of Almas is filled with old architecture and buildings of a traditional style, save for one: a gaudy, tall structure painted several shades of bright green, everburning torches on either side of the face of the building illuminating the words “The Captive Audience,” painted in overly elaborate, nearly unreadable letters.

While approaching the building you remember some of the rumors you've heard earlier today. The Captive Audience is putting on another one of its extravagant plays in a few days, and the actors have nearly been worked to death in the process. This isn’t at all unusual for the establishment; the theater is known the city over for its eccentric and demanding director, Senlokto Boraminder, who has always been a bit on the odd side, but has been acting even loonier than usual since the recent renovation to the Captive Audience about a year ago.

When you enter the playhouse, Senlokto is directing several performers for the latest play, an indecipherable piece vaguely titled Dweomer Blade. He wears armor and directs with a longsword, pointing at the actors and the stage with his weapon as he shouts commands and berates his workers, demanding seemingly impossible feats of them repeatedly. The actors all wear various pieces of armor and wield weapons, though these offer but vague clues as to what the obscure play is actually about.

Senlokto turns around when he notices the party enter the audience hall, and welcomes them in a friendly voice: "Ah! Welcome! What an odd time for you to show up, but never mind that. Is there something I can help you with?"

"Get out!" Senlokto yells at the actors. The actors quickly run off toward their dressing rooms, which also act as personal quarters during times of high stress (which seems like all of the time at the Captive Audience).

Senlokto resumes his friendly smile when he turns back to the party, but his words don't match his expression. "Ugh... working with these amateurs is tiring..."

There's a new map.

Grand Lodge

N Gnome Wizard 10 / Sorcerer 1

Branson and Kavaki are still injured...

Milo will cast recharge innate magic on the hike over, to get back his produce flame spell-like... just in case

Would it be possible to have Detect Magic cast and up before entering the building? Just to scan around without alerting anyone? Looking for signs of enchantments, like on the boat. Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 if needed.

Milo eyes the theater and its people suspiciously, not at all comfortable in this sort of environment. He mutters under his breath as he looks about carefully, mostly ignoring the gnome director to let the others do the talking.

Grand Lodge

M Stats Alanya
Spoiler:
Lvl 4 Hp 28/28 AC 18, T13, F16, F+4,R+2,W+3, CMB+5, CMD16, Init+1
H-Elf Summoner 4 HP 35/35 AC17/T11/FF16 F+4/R+2/W+3 CMB+3 CMD14 Init+1, Spd 30ft

Chyras casually casts Detect Magic, standing between the others so it won't show.


Of course you may heal up before you enter the building.

Chyras and Milo sense nothing from the buiding, but there's something up with Senlokto himself.

As the actors walk off stage, Chyras and Milo detect the actors to be under some kind of charm spell.

Milo:
The man who appears to be Senlokto is using a shapechanging ability to maintain that form.

Grand Lodge

M Stats Alanya
Spoiler:
Lvl 4 Hp 28/28 AC 18, T13, F16, F+4,R+2,W+3, CMB+5, CMD16, Init+1
H-Elf Summoner 4 HP 35/35 AC17/T11/FF16 F+4/R+2/W+3 CMB+3 CMD14 Init+1, Spd 30ft

Message to Milo

"You got dat feelin too? Dese actors, dey are under some sort of charm is what it looks like to me. Per'aps dat explains why actors work to det, non?"

Scarab Sages

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer 10 AC: 27; Init: +2; CMB: +7 CMD: 20; F:+11 R:+7 W:+13; HP:66/74; Perception +20; (60’ Darkvision)

Thought I had done this, but I guess not.

Channel Energy 30' radius
Channel: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11

Grand Lodge

N Gnome Wizard 10 / Sorcerer 1

Milo starts moving towards the piano, poking at the seats half-heartedly as he goes, still scowling.

Assuming its ok to shift my position somewhat, I moved him on the map east a couple of squares.

His head tilts slightly as Chyras's whispered message reaches his ear. "Tossin' the hoodoo, no doubt." He mutters back in agreement, then adds, "Slang cove might be sportin' a leg, too." He glances over towards Senlokto on stage, then looks away again. "Toffer's done churched hisself proper with some sorta transmute" He scowls slightly, unable to tell more.

1 to 50 of 662 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] Shadow's Last Stand, part 1 + 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.