February 2020 New Releases and Subscription Shipping


Customer Service

201 to 250 of 274 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm just salty that Threefold Conspiracy is perhaps the most exciting looking Starfinder AP yet..... and I can't read it /cry


well.. I see at least I am not alone in the no shipping notice yet camp.. I think this is the longest its every gone.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I too have not received a shipping notice yet. Can we get some update on the current status since today was supposedly the last day if the shipping window?

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Lost Omens, Pawns, Rulebook Subscriber

Shipping notice received!


Just got triple charged on the Gamemastery pdf, and did not even receive the pdf. I think I will take my business permanently elsewhere.

Silver Crusade

It most likely was authorization attempts to try and charge the card, rather than actual multiple charges.

If you do believe it's actual charges then the best bet would be to contact customer service.


Rysky wrote:

It most likely was authorization attempts to try and charge the card, rather than actual multiple charges.

If you do believe it's actual charges then the best bet would be to contact customer service.

It showed up as actual charges, and I have indeed contacted customer service.

Customer Service Representative

Hello Dumbledore666,

You haven't been charged for anything. Your card was declined due to failing the address verification system. Usually this happens when the billing address you have put in for the card does not match the one the bank has on file.

What you are seeing are authorizations. Each time you tried to submit the order the bank was pinged. When this happens most banks will put a temporary hold on the funds, which can look like a pending transaction on your end. Because the card was declined we cannot finalize those authorizations. If not finalized authorizations expire and the holds are released. How long that takes is up to the bank.


Diego Valdez wrote:

Hello Dumbledore666,

You haven't been charged for anything. Your card was declined due to failing the address verification system. Usually this happens when the billing address you have put in for the card does not match the one the bank has on file.

What you are seeing are authorizations. Each time you tried to submit the order the bank was pinged. When this happens most banks will put a temporary hold on the funds, which can look like a pending transaction on your end. Because the card was declined we cannot finalize those authorizations. If not finalized authorizations expire and the holds are released. How long that takes is up to the bank.

Yup, seriously blushing but confused with my bank here. You are right; the bank arbitrarily switched to using my mailing address as my billing address all of a sudden with no action on my part. Thus, the card was showing decline, and it was the address change. Sorry about my grumpiness.


Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

It is now a couple hours after closing time at Paizo, I still don't have my shipping notice or PDFs, and there has been no posting here indicating either that shipping has completed or that the end of the shipping window needs to be moved to the right again. So what's up in the warehouse?


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

So, any word on what the revised revised revised revised end shipping date is?

Steve Geddes wrote:
MiqoRems wrote:
I'm all for patience, but it's honestly kind of ridiculous that we can't even be guaranteed to get *DIGITAL ITEMS* by the day they're released.
They could guarantee that. They don’t, by choice - it was always been an aim that subscribers get their books and PDFs “on or about” streetdate.

Well, that's sort of the point for this one here, now isn't it? We're not at "on or about" street date, we're at "it's past street date and it hasn't even shipped".

Like... I get that there were concerns over how it would shake out, yeah, and that's valid, but it's not enough to just handwave away the fact that we're subscribed to a product that is publicly and instantly available but haven't received. That's something that should *not* just be passed off as "oh well, that's the way things are! :3 :3 :3"


Pathfinder Maps, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

You definitely shouldn’t handwave it away as a nonissue. It’s an issue and I wasn’t attempting to dismiss anyone’s perspective.

There’s just a reason behind how things are that many may be unaware of (the “why don’t we all get PDFs at the first day of the shipping window?” question comes up a lot).

I quoted you, but I didn’t mean it to come off as a challenge - sorry if that’s how it sounded.

I was more offering some perspective into the discussion from someone who has placed a thousand orders, (with over a hundred of them subscriptions). Based on my sample, the system works pretty well, even if there are the occasional unlucky runs of three delayed months in a row from time to time. I also personally think it’s improving over the long term - something that’s hard to see for those who maybe signed up at PF2’s launch. (Again not directed at you specifically but more just words into the general hubbub of conversation).


So.. should I be concerned that its a day past the adjusted day that shipping was to be completed and I still have not received a shipping notice? An update on whats going on would be appreciated.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Steve Geddes wrote:

You definitely shouldn’t handwave it away as a nonissue. It’s an issue and I wasn’t attempting to dismiss anyone’s perspective.

There’s just a reason behind how things are that many may be unaware of (the “why don’t we all get PDFs at the first day of the shipping window?” question comes up a lot).

I quoted you, but I didn’t mean it to come off as a challenge - sorry if that’s how it sounded.

I was more offering some perspective into the discussion from someone who has placed a thousand orders, (with over a hundred of them subscriptions). Based on my sample, the system works pretty well, even if there are the occasional unlucky runs of three delayed months in a row from time to time. I also personally think it’s improving over the long term - something that’s hard to see for those who maybe signed up at PF2’s launch. (Again not directed at you specifically but more just words into the general hubbub of conversation).

I appreciate the clarification, and I'm sorry my reply was that hostile in tone.

I guess... when I really concentrate on what's bugging me about all this, it's not even that the stuff is late. It's that even when the system is *working*, items that could be delivered with near-perfect consistency of date- the PDFs- aren't. I'm aware that getting all the shipping labels printed and attached and orders sent out is a massive enough undertaking that it'd be silly to want a very short timeframe, but the PDFs.... I would happily accept getting those on release date if their delivery were separate and we could expect them with complete consistency ON the release date. The current system where we can get them one to two weeks early is... nice, but the *possibility* of it taking this long when *physical* shipping has issues is just baffling.

If you have a subscription to something that has instant delivery, then it should be delivered by *at least* the day it's publicly available, regardless of issues with the other items. That's not an unreasonable expectation.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I'm not trying to sound harsh, but you don't have a subscription to something with instant delivery. The PDFs are a perk, not the subscription.


Fumarole wrote:
I'm not trying to sound harsh, but you don't have a subscription to something with instant delivery. The PDFs are a perk, not the subscription.

They are offered as a benefit of subscription and so, when weighing up whether to subscribe, customers (including me) would have taken that into account. If the PDFs weren't offered you'd have a point but they are so I think we have a legitimate gripe here.

Also, it's very disappointing that we have no update to tell us when our subscription products are shipping given the shipping window ended yesterday.


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

And I'm not trying to sound harsh, but when something is a full primary product sold independently of what it's bundled with, passing it off as *just* a perk is arguing in bad faith with semantics... and that even if it weren't, it *still* isn't an unreasonable expectation for it to be available by at least the time it's publicly available.

Medriev wrote:
Also, it's very disappointing that we have no update to tell us when our subscription products are shipping given the shipping window ended yesterday.

This too.

Grand Lodge

This is odd.

My order now says "Waiting for backordered product(s)"

I'm guessing that's an error but I thought it should be noted here in case anyone else is having a similar issue.

I do have a canceled replacement in the order that was shipped out separately (because Sam is awesome!) so I'm wondering if that's the hold up.

Order 13443662


Pathfinder Maps, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
MiqoRems wrote:
... but the PDFs.... I would happily accept getting those on release date if their delivery were separate and we could expect them with complete consistency ON the release date. The current system where we can get them one to two weeks early is... nice, but the *possibility* of it taking this long when *physical* shipping has issues is just baffling.

I don’t really feel the attraction of the PDFs (I’d rather not get them) so I guess I struggle to understand this.

Switching to this model means most subscribers would get them later than the current system and a handful would get them a few days earlier than under the current system. That seems a high price to pay for Consistency (?)

It honestly makes no difference to me, but I guess I’ve maybe just got used to the uncertainty? When subs start, I look at the closing date and pencil that in as the day my stuff will get shipped. Very rarely, it’s later than that. Most of the time, it’s earlier.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

My FLGS posted a picture of their new products... and there is the Starfinder AP... Just sitting there... /sniff

I'm ok really... just cutting some onions for lunch, that's all.


Pathfinder Maps, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

Yeah, I find delays particularly tough when a new AP is launching.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Steve Geddes wrote:
MiqoRems wrote:
... but the PDFs.... I would happily accept getting those on release date if their delivery were separate and we could expect them with complete consistency ON the release date. The current system where we can get them one to two weeks early is... nice, but the *possibility* of it taking this long when *physical* shipping has issues is just baffling.

I don’t really feel the attraction of the PDFs (I’d rather not get them) so I guess I struggle to understand this.

Switching to this model means most subscribers would get them later than the current system and a handful would get them a few days earlier than under the current system. That seems a high price to pay for Consistency (?)

It honestly makes no difference to me, but I guess I’ve maybe just got used to the uncertainty? When subs start, I look at the closing date and pencil that in as the day my stuff will get shipped. Very rarely, it’s later than that. Most of the time, it’s earlier.

The PDFs are of more value to me as an international customer as I have no expectation of seeing physical products by release date (although sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised).

I would (strangely perhaps) prefer the uncertainty to a consistent delivery of PDFs on release date since, as you say Steve, a lot of the time that would be later than subscribers would receive them.

Also agree on living with the uncertainty. I always expect to have a shipping email at the end of the shipping window and then am pleasantly surprised if it's earlier. What has been difficult the last few months is the extensions to the shipping window and, in a couple of instances including this month, the extension to (or now beyond) the release date. That undermines the value of subscribing for me and, since a semi-predictable income from a core of long-term subscribers like me can't be bad for Paizo, is not good news for the company either. I have been a customer, fan and supporter of Paizo since the Dragon and Dungeon days so I don't like seeing things go wrong like this. Hope some lessons can be learned from recent problems.

Grand Lodge

I like the PDFs as a perk. I sold all of my 1E books when 2E came out but I still have my PDFs.

I recently decided that I'm just going to wait for the actual hardcover to arrive before I dive into a new release. The quality of the layouts, design and art in 2E are simply amazing and I feel like I'm spoiling them by experiencing them on a screen first. I just keep an eye on the forums for the crunch reveals to satisfy my curiosity while I wait.

As always, YMMV.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

If it helps, my order is still pending too, so you're not alone!

No worries, someone has to be last. :-)

I also prefer looking at the books sight unseen, which is why I have priority mail, less time to arrive and all that.


Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
StarMartyr365 wrote:

This is odd.

My order now says "Waiting for backordered product(s)"

I'm guessing that's an error but I thought it should be noted here in case anyone else is having a similar issue.

I do have a canceled replacement in the order that was shipped out separately (because Sam is awesome!) so I'm wondering if that's the hold up.

Order 13443662

I had the same problem earlier this week. You might want to call them by phone directly.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Last post today I promise (have a GCP Strange Aeons live show video to watch) but any chance of an update from Paizo on where we are on shipping? We are some way past delayed now so any news on what's gone wrong and when we might have orders shipped would be great.


Why am I suddenly getting charged an extra 5 dollars for shipping.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

My AP subscription order is also still stuck in Pending. I'm hoping things will update soon, considering the window.

Silver Crusade

captain yesterday wrote:
Why am I suddenly getting charged an extra 5 dollars for shipping.

Was it this?


Rysky wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Why am I suddenly getting charged an extra 5 dollars for shipping.
Was it this?

No, the actual shipping costs suddenly went from 14+ to 19+ in the last day or so from the original order.

The tax is in a separate column, that is correct.

I'm just curious as to why, seems like a glitch.


Pathfinder LO Special Edition, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I think there was a note that the bestiary cards hard the wrong (too low) shipping at one point in time.


I don't have them.

Lantern Lodge Customer Service & Community Manager

12 people marked this as a favorite.

I've been discussion with our warehouse and tech team where we are at as there are some issue with getting orders processed for shipping. While the bulk of each subscription's release has been shipped out, there are still orders pending due to these issues. Folks on the tech team have been working to get this fixed as quickly as possible and their code is currently being tests, with a hopeful deployment late tomorrow. As this means folks currently waiting would not see their orders ship & PDFs added until late Friday at the earliest, and likely next week for many of these remaining orders, I'm going to be granting the PDFs where applicable to folks who's subscriber copies are still pending and who's orders do not have the payment failure flag set in our system. Because this is outside of how the subscription benefits are coded to function, I will be granting these on a per-product basis. If you have multiple subscription lines, your PDFs will not all drop together. I'll post an update when I have it completed.

Thank you for your ongoing patience.


Pathfinder LO Special Edition, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Thanks for the update, sending best wishes to the tech team for a nice and easy deployment.


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path Subscriber

Thanks for the update!

Lantern Lodge Customer Service & Community Manager

8 people marked this as a favorite.

I've finished adding the PDF to line items for February New Releases generated by subscriptions, which are not in sidecarts, have not been canceled or returned, and which are not on orders flagged as having a payment failure.
The following February Items have associated PDFs:

PZO90152
PF AP 152

PZO7225
SF AP 25

PZO2103
PF GMG

PZO2103-SE
PF GMG SE

The payment failure flag does occasionally give false positives when a payment method has been updated but not yet been reauthorized. If you expected your PDFs to be added during this process, double check in your order history that your pending order does not currently have a payment method failure, and reply to your order confirmation email or let us know the order number.

While I will do my best to get folks their PDFs by the weekend, please note, we currently have a backlog of about 430 email requests. We'll also have customer service away from our desks from 11am-12pm and 1pm -2pm as we interview for the 5th customer service position that we are currently hiring for.

Thank you again for your patience as we grapple with these issues with our shipping.
~sara marie


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Thanks for the update- and also for the hard work, I can't imagine manually sending out that many entries was a particularly fun task. :-(


Pathfinder LO Special Edition, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Thank you. Happily reading my PDFs now :)

Liberty's Edge

Having had an auth for more than a day with no sign of a shipment, I was starting to get very antsy - especially with a flight tomorrow I was hoping to have reading material for. Thank you so much for the clutch effort, Sara! It is greatly appreciated.

Grand Lodge

Thank you Sara Marie for all your hard work!

Kudos to the warehouse team as well for all that they do behind the scenes to make this happen. We only really notice them when something goes wrong and its usually not something that they have any control over.

It's never any fun when it all goes pear-shaped but the way you handle it all with grace and transparency speaks volumes about Paizo.

Now I'm going to break my own rule and read the PDF since it may take a little while for the hardcopy to get here.


Thanks you Sara Marie for the update and continued hard work. Appreciate the release of the PDFs. Will start reading later after work.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

Thank you Sara Marie, the warehouse staff, and the tech team for the effort. I appreciate the work it takes to get these flows unclogged.


I can see my PDF now, thanks for the help, keep up the great work. I'm sure you get far less "Thank you"'s than you deserve! So here's another.

Thank You!

Grand Lodge

Yikes! I forgot the tech team!

They get gold star as well!

The book is absolutely amazing. There is a wealth of information that I wish I'd had in one place waaaaay back in ye olde days when I first started playing RPGs. It seems like there's a lot of stuff from various 1E sourcebooks in one place now.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

So my entire order disappeared from my order history for the subscriptions. It says complete, but no items are listed at all. I have not been charged yet, so it is not a disaster, but I am concerned that I will never receive these items, but I don't want to order them separately so I can avoid a double charge if it gets straightened out.

I sent an email a week ago, and still don't have a response. Getting a little impatient since everyone else in my playgroup has already gotten there subscription items for this month.


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, LO Special Edition, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

Phone 'em.


Ed Reppert wrote:
Phone 'em.

Every time I call it goes straight to voice mail.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
NielsenE wrote:
I think there was a note that the bestiary cards hard the wrong (too low) shipping at one point in time.

What’s weird is my entire order shows pending, but I received the bestiary cards (by themselves) several days ago.


Pathfinder LO Special Edition, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Ageron wrote:
NielsenE wrote:
I think there was a note that the bestiary cards hard the wrong (too low) shipping at one point in time.
What’s weird is my entire order shows pending, but I received the bestiary cards (by themselves) several days ago.

That's the same for me. Cards arrived a week ago, rest of order must be stuck in the pipes between tech and warehouse. I know they'll get it figured out, and at least they pushed through the PDFs.

Lantern Lodge Customer Service & Community Manager

1 person marked this as a favorite.

We had two interviews earlier today where we were away from the phones. Everything with your order looks fine, just needs to be processed for shipping. I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to see it. I'll resend an order confirmation email.

Edit: looks like Diego already took care of your order, just before I checked on it.

201 to 250 of 274 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Archive / Paizo / Customer Service / February 2020 New Releases and Subscription Shipping All Messageboards