Official Manufacturer Starfinder RPG miniatures thread


Third-Party Starfinder Products

Archon Studio

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Hello everyone,

my name is Michal and I work as a Project Manager at Archon Studio. We are a miniatures manufacturer which is now responsible for manufacturing minis for Starfinder Kickstarter. Yey!

We are doing this on a monthly basis, few minis each release. We will release all of the minis eventually, but the order is what can be adjusted to your needs.

I have created a simple poll for you guys, just place a checkmark next to most desired minis by you - we will work on release schedule to manufacture most demanded minis first. Bear in mind this is "internal" naming of products, they might be slightly renamed on the packaging. Poll is on our website:

https://archon-studio.com/content/starfinder-survey-manufacturing-order

You can always reach me here or by sending e-mail to our Community Manager Dave dave@archon-studio.com


Thanks for posting that. I'm not a backer but would ask that you consider selling the KS exclusive minis as well. The Obozaya KS exclusive mini is pretty epic (pun intended) and one of the best designs in the entire series that Ninja Division came up with. I understand why some backers would be opposed to offering it but I just figured I'd ask so that I could throw some money your way. Other than that personal favorite of mine, I'd recommend going with Starfinder specific (like a Formian warrior) rather than scifi generic (like Space Dwarf soldier) minis. Formians, skittermanders, akatas, etc are my personal recommendation that I think Starfinder players might find most interesting.

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
michal_hartlinski wrote:

Hello everyone,

my name is Michal and I work as a Project Manager at Archon Studio. We are a miniatures manufacturer which is now responsible for manufacturing minis for Starfinder Kickstarter. Yey!

We are doing this on a monthly basis, few minis each release. We will release all of the minis eventually, but the order is what can be adjusted to your needs.

I have created a simple poll for you guys, just place a checkmark next to most desired minis by you - we will work on release schedule to manufacture most demanded minis first. Bear in mind this is "internal" naming of products, they might be slightly renamed on the packaging. Poll is on our website:

https://archon-studio.com/content/starfinder-survey-manufacturing-order

You can always reach me here or by sending e-mail to our Community Manager Dave dave@archon-studio.com

Link to survey

Personally, I would like to see the miniatures for Starfinder specific races. I can get Sci-fi humans in a lot of miniature lines, but Shirren and Kasatha proxies are very difficult to find. This goes for the new non-KS sculpts as well. My personal request would be for a Izzugun figure, as they are impossible to find, and are now legal in Starfinder Society.

Archon Studio

1 person marked this as a favorite.

@SITZKRIEG!
All of the models are for sale. This funds manufacturing in the first place. Regarding more models than on the list - well, each hard plastic injection mould costs few grand, holds 4-6 minis. And we have over 100 minis to release, so we want to focus on Kickstarter list first :)

@sanwah68
thanks for the hotlink!


Pathfinder Maps, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

Thanks, Michal. Appreciate you posting that here.


Pathfinder Maps, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
sanwah68 wrote:


Personally, I would like to see the miniatures for Starfinder specific races. I can get Sci-fi humans in a lot of miniature lines, but Shirren and Kasatha proxies are very difficult to find.

Ditto.


What happens to the parts of the package that entail multiple of the same mini? Are we getting shorted on encounter packs?

Archon Studio

@technarken
If you are supposed to get for example 5x of some minis, you will get 5x of those minis. Encounter packs - AFAIK they will be manufactured as packs.

Dataphiles

I think the question about the packs arose from the Ferani miniature being released without the other 3 figs that were supposed to be in the same pack. I had a question about putting different models on the same sprue: If one sold better than the others, wouldn’t you be left with a large stock of those that did not sell as well?

Archon Studio

4 people marked this as a favorite.

"If one sold better than the others, wouldn’t you be left with a large stock of those that did not sell as well?"

Irrelevant:D As we deliver everything for Kickstarter backers as well :) We will manufacture everything, every single KS mini :-)


I received only 1 skittermander when there are 3 supposed to be from the ks

Liberty's Edge

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
morpheusdreams wrote:
I received only 1 skittermander when there are 3 supposed to be from the ks

Here is your answer on that.

Dataphiles

If it was a case of what is on the mold, they could have put more than just one version on the mold. Say if the goblin pack of 6 had 2 different versions of the goblins, they could put 3 of each version on the same mold. Currently this defeats the purpose of getting a group of monsters to fight the party.


I emailed and they said theres only one sculpt for skittermanders and would not explain why we were not receiving 3 copies of the model just kept saying they were only sending one, made no sense at all.


While it is Great to see this progressing, I have a question about it. I only did a $1 pledge but picked a bunch of things as addons. Will I be getting those? I know it will take time. Also I honestly don't remember all the things I did order at the time, is there any way to check that? Thanks


If you check your pledge on game on tabletop there will be a list there

Paizo Employee VP of Marketing & Licensing

Andrew Schwenzer wrote:
While it is Great to see this progressing, I have a question about it. I only did a $1 pledge but picked a bunch of things as addons. Will I be getting those? I know it will take time. Also I honestly don't remember all the things I did order at the time, is there any way to check that? Thanks

If you selected items from Game On Tabletop, you should be able to log in and see your selections.

Good Gaming!

-Jim

Paizo Employee VP of Marketing & Licensing

morpheusdreams wrote:

I emailed and they said theres only one sculpt for skittermanders and would not explain why we were not receiving 3 copies of the model just kept saying they were only sending one, made no sense at all.

As Michal (from Archon Studio) noted above, you should get multiple copies of the same Skittermander if you ordered a pack that contained multiples of them. If that wasn't the case, please write back to Archon Studio and let them know.

Good Gaming!

-Jim


So when I purchased Zo! and in turn received the 6 Wave 1 minis, I put a snip of my Pledge Manager for the All-In plus add-ons in the comments section of my order. Do I only need to do this the one time, did you already have our lists?

Liberty's Edge

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Jim Butler wrote:
morpheusdreams wrote:

I emailed and they said theres only one sculpt for skittermanders and would not explain why we were not receiving 3 copies of the model just kept saying they were only sending one, made no sense at all.

As Michal (from Archon Studio) noted above, you should get multiple copies of the same Skittermander if you ordered a pack that contained multiples of them. If that wasn't the case, please write back to Archon Studio and let them know.

Good Gaming!

-Jim

I still think this needs to get clarified, because I don't think any of us received multiple Skittermanders.


Thank you for this. I went ahead and submitted my faves on this survey. Really looking forward to this.


After many attempts to get a clear answer in which the person kept talking about the number of sculpts involved which to me a sculpt is a distinct version of a model from which many individual miniatures are created so i sent:

"I'm not sure if you aren't understanding... maybe pass me on to someone else?

According to my pledge i am supposed to receive 3 skittermanders

So will i receive

1 copy of 3 distinct models
Or
3 copies of 1 distinct model?

It must be one of those options"

Reply from Dave at Archon:

"I understand you. We are aware that the kickstarter has options for multiple packs of minis, such as the Skittermander. At this stage, we only have 1 available, we have only been provided with 1 sculpt and are only providing 1. We may be able to include more at a later dat, but at this stage we are producing a single model for each sculpt. I hope that helps to clear up the matter."

So we are not guaranteed multiple copies of the same mini even if we have ordered them. This is a joke.

For an All-In pledge (before adding extra packs), if my maths is correct, there are 19 different models which we should be getting multiple of for a total of 58 minuatures, so according to this they are intending to short backers by 39 models. They will have these models in stock as they are selling them separately but they are not sending them to us? And they "may" send them to us in the future? Paizo you need to get on this and clarify what Archon need to be delivering


Received another reply from Dave:

"At the minute yes, we are currently looking into the matter, this ismainly down to the way that the minis were tooled. As this mini was printed on the same tool as all of the other wave 2 mins, this would mean that extra wave 2 minis will need to be printed to facilitate all of the Skittermander minis."

This is incredibly bad planning

Dataphiles

They could always put more of the same sculptures on future molds to make up for the shortages.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

@Michal: I have a completely other question: have you ever assembled one of your miniatures yourself?

I bought all 7 first minis and I think I lost about 20years of life while trying to get those minis ready! And they are far from usable... One mini lost at 2 sessions quite sudden his base (and at the second even his leg). And my players are not rude to them...

I just "only" use superglue instead of plasticglue, but I do not have any hope, that this will fix the problem... :(

Don't misunderstood me: the minis are perfectly shaped and modeled, but fragile as thin glas.

Wayfinders

WarFred - I've been using Loctite Ultra Gel Control Super Glue on my models and that's been working pretty well. Much better control than liquid glue and it sets pretty fast.


Still confused, given up on a straight answer.

Scarab Sages

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

Is there any clue as to when the next set will be dropping. The original plan indicated once per month, but the last set was beginning of December. I am planning on putting an order in at that drop.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

If we don't order additional minis from Archon, when should we expect to start seeing the minis from the KS that we already paid for?


Anywhere between 2 days ago, and 2 months from now, depending on when the vague lack of deadline even is.

Transparency is too much to ask as long as Cadice is in control of the Kickstarter page


Hoping Michal or anyone from Archon can give us a bit of an update on the next wave of miniatures.

Paizo Employee VP of Marketing & Licensing

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sandoz wrote:
If we don't order additional minis from Archon, when should we expect to start seeing the minis from the KS that we already paid for?

Archon Studio will ship Kickstarter miniatures after the sixth wave (they're currently working on wave 3 now). For more details, refer to the last blog we did for Wave 2.

Archon Studio Ships Wave 2 Starfinder Minis.

Good Gaming!

-Jim


So every six months1 year then. Got it. Can't wait. Whee.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sara Marie wrote:
• Archon Studio will be releasing 4 or 5 Kickstarter minis to retail each month along with 1 brand-new mini. Approximately every 6 months, they’ll ship the previous 6 months’ Kickstarter releases to backers for free. If you order any Starfinder Masterclass minis from them in between those shipments, they’ll include any backer rewards that are ready, for no additional charge.
Jim Butler wrote:
Archon Studio will ship Kickstarter miniatures after the sixth wave (they're currently working on wave 3 now). For more details, refer to the last blog we did for Wave 2.

This is very misleading. But so has this entire kickstarter, so more of the same.

Dataphiles

Archon said they were only given one sculpt for the Skittermanders. What happened to all the work ND did that Paulo approved?

Dataphiles

Paulo = Paizo

Paizo Employee VP of Marketing & Licensing

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Greetings, all. I heard back from Archon Studio today.

All shipping has been stopped from Poland as they wait out the coronavirus. In addition, they're also out of the masks they use in the production of miniatures (so tooling of the next wave cannot begin). Everything is on hold for now, and they'll update us when they have news to report.

Ninja Division has confirmed that they sent multiple sculpts to Archon Studio, but I don't have any news from Archon on that front just yet.

Good Gaming!

-Jim

Dark Archive

Nothing will come out of Europe for the next two months at least.

Covid-19 has hit us hard and the peak isn't even in sight.

We can sadly forget about gaming apart from online games for the foreseeable future.

Stay safe and stay home.

Marco from Germany.

Wayfinders

Take care of yourself Marco.

Sovereign Court

3 people marked this as a favorite.

It’s a good time for hobby progress. I have Waves 1 & 2 & guys let me tell you these hard plastic sculpts are top notch. Comparable in quality & detail to GW hard plastics. I have some of the original ND resins and I prefer the plastic kits from Archon Studio. Super easy to clean & assemble. Please do yourself a favor and invest in plastic cement as it’ll work much better on these models than super glue. I have solid assemblies on the elf operative and dwarf soldier I just completed. Looking forward to wave 3. Stay safe.

Tamiya 87038 Extra Thin Cement Glue Fine Tip 40ml

Dataphiles

Thanks Thunder Badger for the glue info.


So going to ask a question out loud...if Archon is just working on getting wave 3 stuff tooled and set for molding.. .shouldnt the other waves be done at this point...i mean it's just an stl file and ppl are working from home..so why is the art not being shown that they are working on it. .


Ghost725 wrote:
So going to ask a question out loud...if Archon is just working on getting wave 3 stuff tooled and set for molding.. .shouldnt the other waves be done at this point...i mean it's just an stl file and ppl are working from home..so why is the art not being shown that they are working on it. .

The only thing I can think of is that they didn’t have the capability at home to create the .stl files, or they were ordered to just stay home and isolate. My plant shut us down completely and allowed minimal people to work from home. What I didn’t like is when they said that there was no bonus mini to buy and all you had to do in wave three was buy any one of them for $10 and you get everything. I already paid $400 for these minis, so now you want me to spend more money on one I already bought to get the whole wave?!? We already saw that we are not getting the multiple sculpts of a specific mini that the Kickstarter promoted, unless we will get spoon fed the different sculpt at a later date?


So...just asking...if it's taking give or take 5 months between waves...est. time backers will see the first batch of minis on wave six will be about Aug 2021 and Lord only knows how long and even if Ninja Division can deliver any of the minis then.

So if this is the time table for waves it will take another 2 years before all backers are filled. Please tell me I'm wrong cause that is insane.


So...I know the world had been wracked by COVID-19 for all of 2020, but are we ever going to see anyone actually fulfill their agreement to produce the Starfinder miniatures from the Kickstarter? Archon Studios seemed promising, but they completely abd abruptly stalled, no explanation. I know they are still making product because I backed Dungeons & Lasers II and have received about half that pledge already. So discouraging.


So in a stunning move, Archon Studios has released 4 new Starfinder minis. Not sure if you need to purchase all 4 for the next wave or not, I sent them a message.

Archon Studio

Ding ding, update. First backers are receiving their packages as I type this post. Read more here

https://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo6si2i?New-Wave-of-Starfinder-Maste rclass-Miniatures


I love these miniatures, but the scale doesn't match all of the minis that I got from Wizkids/NECA. I might get a few here and there for heroic characters, but it's mostly a pass for me. Especially since the distribution is a bit wonky and they sound really fragile.

Community / Forums / Starfinder / Third-Party Starfinder Products / Official Manufacturer Starfinder RPG miniatures thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Third-Party Starfinder Products