Uncommon Item Questions


Pathfinder Society

Scarab Sages 4/5 5/5

What qualifies you to buy an uncommon item in PFS2? Do you have to have a feat for it? Can a goblin fighter start off buying a Horsechopper? Or a dwarf ranger start off with a clan dagger, or do you have to get access to them with the specific (race) Ancestral weapon feats?
The rules seem. . . A bit unclear from what I can figure out, and my friends are stumped too.

2/5

Pathfinder Lost Omens, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

All dwarves get a free clan dagger per the errata. Other racial weapons need the 1st level racial feat. All other uncommon things are coming with the reward/boon system.

Scarab Sages 4/5 5/5

Gamerskum wrote:
All dwarves get a free clan dagger per the errata. Other racial weapons need the 1st level racial feat. All other uncommon things are coming with the reward/boon system.

That’s stupid. Makes my Goblin Champion use his first level champion feat to do nothing but be able to make his own horsechopper (makes others proficient in it)

2/5

Pathfinder Lost Omens, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Why would you use a Champion class feat for it when you use your racial feat for Goblin Weapon Familiarity? In fact I don't see a Champion feat that gives you weapons?

Scarab Sages 4/5 5/5

Gamerskum wrote:
Why would you use a Champion class feat for it when you use your racial feat for Goblin Weapon Familiarity? In fact I don't see a Champion feat that gives you weapons?

Sorry, Meant racial feat. Just, it takes something that is kinda cool concept and turns it into actually bad as I'm no longer just choosing a different option (Horsechopper vs, say, glaive) but now I'm actually giving up something (racial feat) just for the privolage of using something that I can basically get anywhere else. So on the whole it just makes it worse.

2/5

Pathfinder Lost Omens, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

A lot of the 1st level feats are kind of Meh anyways and its part of a feat chain for later as well.

1/5 RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 16

VampByDay wrote:
Gamerskum wrote:
Why would you use a Champion class feat for it when you use your racial feat for Goblin Weapon Familiarity? In fact I don't see a Champion feat that gives you weapons?
Sorry, Meant racial feat. Just, it takes something that is kinda cool concept and turns it into actually bad as I'm no longer just choosing a different option (Horsechopper vs, say, glaive) but now I'm actually giving up something (racial feat) just for the privolage of using something that I can basically get anywhere else. So on the whole it just makes it worse.

The game designers have also said that uncommon items are no better than common items. So you're giving up a feat while becoming no better off than someone without that feat.

The racial weapon feat lines are great if you're not a martial because it grants you scaling proficiency and access to martial weapons of your race. For a martial, the only advantage is if your race has advanced weapons. If your race doesn't have advanced weapons, then...well..

Community / Forums / Organized Play / Pathfinder Society / Uncommon Item Questions All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.