Savage technologist + / - hurler ideas for a new and interested player.


Advice


Hi.

I will have a new noob player on my party. He hasn't played any role play game before, however, he is more interested in learning the rules and feats than the other players in my party. So his character has conquered me even before making it.

One of the possible options he is thinking about is to make a human savage technologist. But we need help with the build, because I have not built a DEX-based barbarian before.

In the setting of our game, there is a friendly NPC that crafts high-technological stuff, so he will be able to fire without reloading in combat.

So... Do you have a viable build or crazy ideas for a savage technologist? It is not needed to maximize their stats since our party is very casual.

He has thought in one character of League of Legents (I am not familiar with that game... sorry): GANGPLANK: A Dwarf that throw barrels and explodes them with a gun. That sounds interesting enough to skip.

There is an archetype that allow barbarian to throw objects: the hurler. And it is compatible with Savage Technologist.

But we are open to more ideas. We need ideas for any feat, rage powers, traits (even mythic paths abilities if you are truly inspired...).
I think he wont like multiclassing, but you can post some multiclassing ideas if you want. I will listen to everything.

He will start at level 7. Standard currency for level 8 players (the party is level 8). Human race.

Thanks in advance


Make him a sorcerer, reflavor the spells to be like gangplank's.

Savage technologist is super rules heavy


It's not crazy rules heavy if you focus on just ranged attacks or just do gun and weapon. Making little cards with the effects of rage and powers goes a long way to keeping everything organized (I had to do this when I was a Skald in Wrath of the Righteous).

If you go hurling, you arguably would want to hurl two-handed weapons, so you need Str 15 for the Two-Handed Thrower feat (otherwise you're better off with a bow). Quick Draw and Rapid Shot are also necessary.

If you're going to give your guy high-tech guns though, you're probably better off just TWFing with a gun and weapon (Opening Volley means your successful ranged attack gives your next melee attack +4 to hit, which is great).


JiaYou wrote:


If you go hurling, you arguably would want to hurl two-handed weapons, so you need Str 15 for the Two-Handed Thrower feat (otherwise you're better off with a bow). Quick Draw and Rapid Shot are also necessary.

He basically want to throw gunpowder/ alchemical/technological items to blow then with a shot or to control the space.

JiaYou wrote:


If you're going to give your guy high-tech guns though, you're probably better off just TWFing with a gun and weapon (Opening Volley means your successful ranged attack gives your next melee attack +4 to hit, which is great).

Opening volley seems a must to initiate the combat. Also, it can be used with hurling charge, in case he wears a fire weapon to ignite the barrel.

Maybe he can wield an storage weapon to get their hand free for reloading when needed. I need to think about the equipment too.

so, starting at level 7, he can have:
Extra human feat: two handed thrower?
1: point blank shot
3: surprise volley
5: quick draw
7: rapid shot

Could ranged feinting word it?


There aren't really grenades or explosive barrels or similar which work well for level 7-8 characters in PF. Fuse grenades, alchemical weapons and various fireworks exist but kind of suck at this level.

Edit: high-tech grenades can exist but are too expensive to actually use.

Take opening volley or ranged feint, trying to do both isn't going to work. Opening volley is simpler and only costs 1 feat, and ranged feint is really for characters like rogues who get bonuses to attack enemies denied their dex bonus.

There are alchemical cartridges which include mild control options (and spectacular imagined visuals) if his gun has the scatter quality. I suggest a paddle-foot pistol.


avr wrote:


Edit: high-tech grenades can exist but are too expensive to actually use.

He will be able to paybfor that in my adventure.

If he uses grenades, maybe two-handed thrower is not needed. That makes space for another feat.

Regarding rage powers, I was thinking in these options:

Witch hunter (and superstitios) to kill casters with the gun

Reckless abandon to exchange the AC for attack bonus at distance.

Hurling charge (and lesser hurling) to throw an item and charge. But i think he will need something for melee attacks in that case.

Also the smasher ragepowers line sounds interesting to break some objects with the gun (using the archetype feature to add DEX to damage).

The cartridges seem to be fun. Suddenly, the paddle-foot pistol look better than a laser gun. Maybe with those cartridges we can skip the hurling grenades part of the character


Quote:
One of the possible options he is thinking about is to make a human savage technologist. But we need help with the build, because I have not built a DEX-based barbarian before. In the setting of our game, there is a friendly NPC that crafts high-technological stuff, so he will be able to fire without reloading in combat.
SavTechs make fantastic throwers, but they're best used as a multiclass ground-floor before jumping into Fighter or other martial. Go to 2nd (for Sword and Gun, and a rage-power), then jump ship.
Quote:
We need ideas for any feat, rage powers, traits (even mythic paths abilities if you are truly inspired...).

The one Mythic feat that a thrower will lust after is Mythic Far Shot, which lets him ignore ranged increments *entirely*. --Read that again. (It is of course fueled by mythic power level which you can't really chintz with after opening the Vaults of Monty Haul, so either be clear that you'll enjoy GMing "god-mode" combats, or instead rein in expectations.)

~ ~ ~ ~

Firearms.... By and large they suck (i.e., always blowing up on you) unless you're a "pro" (i.e., a gunslinger). Then they're OP (at least in the opinion of many GMs, seeing as the defenses of a solid half of the bad guys in the game rely on manufactured and/or natural armor bonuses to justify their CR rating).

~ ~ ~ ~

race: half-elf (do take this over human for low-light vision and a host of other benefits, and it won't even cost a feat in this case)

STR: 15 or 14
DEX+ 17 (raise 4th; raise the 15 at 8th)
CON: 14 or 15
INT: 10
WIS: 14 (15,15,14,14,10,7 20pt array)
CHA: 7

traits: Affable, Child of Two Peoples
01 Barbarian1 [Hurler/SavTech], [Ancestral Arms:Falcata], Extra Rage

* One of the few ways to enjoy a +8 will save versus charms and enchantments at 1st-level without taking a feat. ...Every low-lever melee-shirker hates being the chump who gets Color-Spray'ed and Glitterdust'ed over and over.

Skills: Perception (maxed) + smattering

02 Fighter1 [Mutation Warrior][Throw Anything]
03 Barbarian2 [Sword and Gun][Rage power:Good For What Ails You]
04 Fighter2 [Point Blank Shot], DEX>18
05 fighter3 [Mutagen], Rapid Shot]
06 fighter4 [Quick Draw]

* Swigging a mutagen gives you +4 to a stat (you'll elect for dexterity at low-level, strength at mid-level, and constitution at high-level). This, combined with raging for dexterity, salves the lack of Precise Shot at this point, and so it's relegated to tax-feat status later on prior to Improved.

* Sword and Gun lets you TWF a pistol and a one-handed weapon. Regrettably, TWF (unlike a monk's flurry) requires you to use both weapons. So, you'll shoot once with the pistol, and throw a falcata once. (Fortunately, the GM, by providing a nice gun, is the player's dream-creator rather than dream-crusher in this situation.)

* At 5th, You'll Rapid Shot the gun twice and throw the falcata once. At 6th, you have the alternative option of throwing two weapons and firing the gun only once, or 3 & 1 or 2 & 2 if Hasted.

Tactics: the firearm ignores armor, so save it for opponents in melee or who are very far away. Throw the falcata at nearby opponents who are not engaged, or who are large (since they won't gain concealment from your medium-sized allies in melee with them). Remember that TWF and Rapid Shot can generate two extra attacks for a thrower, but you're going to be -4 to hit. (It's one reason why Deadly Aim does not appear in this build; take it at high level if you want.)

Equipment (1st major item): Blinkback Belt (do not chuck a costly upgraded weapon prior to this, as you'll probably soon lose it in a swamp or down a grate or stuck in a fleeing monster that gets away). Since the GM is in the player's court (and it's not PFS), nothing prevents eventually upgrading the belt to provide attribute enhancement bonuses like the regular belts everybody gets. (Having this item means the thrower does not have to take the otherwise more limiting but more-or-less mandatory feat Ricochet Toss.)

07 fighter5 [Weapon Training+1:Heavy Blades], AWT:Fighter’s Finesse

Equipment bucket-list: +1/Furious/Keen falcata, Gloves of Dueling, belt upgrades, cloak upgrades, Celestial Armor

08 fighter6 [Far Shot], STAT>16
09 fighter7 Mythic Far Shot

You'll need it to falcata that dragon a quarter-mile up.

10 fighter8 [Precise Shot]
11 fighter9 [AWT:Trained Throw], Improved Precise Shot
12 fighter10 [AWT:Trained Grace]

. -- Here you'll be doubling the upgraded Weapon Training number to both melee and ranged damage with the falcata (or +8 either mode by 12th).


Slim Jim wrote:
SavTechs make fantastic throwers, but they're best used as a multiclass ground-floor before jumping into Fighter or other martial. Go to 2nd (for Sword and Gun, and a rage-power), then jump ship.

Thanks for the feedback

My player has read your whole post, and he thinks he needs to approach the game more slowly, so we have decided to avoid multiclassing by the moment.
Also, he looks more interested in the technologist archetype than the hurler one.
Anyway, your ideas was very delightful to read, and maybe I will make a NPC with that build only for laughts.

We still took notes of suggested equipment and feats.

And yes, I am more a dream-creator GM. In fact, his character stats are way higher than those...

We noticed that also our party doesnt have a "sniper" for those cases they have to kill a flying dragon. So we are thinking to give hime some kind of rifle for those situations. Is there a rifle that can be used as a melee-on handed weapon? I searched for technological rifles and modern weapins but did not find something as flexible as that.


Bayonets exist, as do axe-muskets and similar, and there's the pistol-whip deed if he plays a gunslinger rather than barbarian (or if he becomes willing to use the multiclass rules).


dr Slurp wrote:
Slim Jim wrote:
(stuff)
Thanks for the feedback. My player has read your whole post, and he thinks he needs to approach the game more slowly, so we have decided to avoid multiclassing by the moment.

Note that it's painless for half-elves as long they stick to only two classes (so they'll always get the free hitpoint or skillpoint when leveling).

It is ten times easier to play a multiclass martial than it is a straight-class caster. You rage, you shoot, you stab. Rinse & repeat. --No having to know what fifty different 1st-level spells do, knowing ahead of time how to plot out your feat-tree (because you get so pathetically few), or having to know which summoned creatures have what special abilities that would be helpful right now, etc. Martials are the "Easy" button, and multiclassing makes them even more interesting and well-rounded.

Quote:
Also, he looks more interested in the technologist archetype than the hurler one.
Those two archetypes stack, so his barbarian can be both simultaneously. (Obviously Hurler isn't useful if he's decided not to throw things.)
Quote:
We noticed that also our party doesnt have a "sniper" for those cases they have to kill a flying dragon. So we are thinking to give hime some kind of rifle for those situations. Is there a rifle that can be used as a melee-on handed weapon?

I'd house-rule that a long-gun with a bayonet can be used as an improvised spear in one hand. (As a SavTech, his raging attack bonus is high enough that the -4 penalty shouldn't a serious impediment to hitting. Or he grab a feat to make the penalty go away, and spend money upgrading the bayonet, and the thing is basically a double-weapon.)

But there is a downside to using a blade-equipped firearm: --Remember that Sword and Gun does not grant its extra attack unless you make at least one attack each with a one-handed firearm and a separate melee weapon in the other hand. That's why I made a pistol + thrower build to secure full-attacks for when enemies aren't adjacent. (I'm not sure why they called this archetype "Savage Technologist" rather than something more evocative such as "Pirate Reaver" -- since an angry Blackbeard is the roleplay flavor of the thing. Rahr! He swings over from his pirate ship onto yours with cutlass and flintlock, and quickdraws and throws belaying pins between pistol shots when no one is adjacent.)

Even if an enemy were adjacent, you still couldn't use a blade-equipped firearm (whether one- or two-handed) as a double-weapon with Sword and Gun because it requires the two separate weapon in two hands. You could use a double-weapon with the regular TWF feat, but then you're overlapping the ability SavTech grants for free, and you'll still miss out on blade attacks if no enemy is adjacent.

Quote:
I searched for technological rifles and modern weapins but did not find something as flexible as that.

Alternative suggestion: SavTech2 (just for the rage-buffing, and it is nothing to sneeze at, as I consider that archetype the strongest martial "dip" in the game), and the rest of build is Gunslinger. (Unless you're a really cool GM who's hand-waving away firearm failure chances and "grit"-requirements to do gun-woo stuff.)

The rest of the party should be similarly god-mode if you're introducing modern let alone alien or sci-fi weaponry, as they'll make most other martial classes look pathetically commoner lame in comparison. It'd be like being Han Solo with a 12d8 heavy-blaster (whose plasma bolts go right through Stormtrooper composite armor) adventuring with medieval knights carrying poky-sticks. They'll feel just a wee bit outshone unless you've given them Animated Vorpal swords n' such.)


Slim Jim wrote:


Those two archetypes stack, so his barbarian can be both simultaneously. (Obviously Hurler isn't useful if he's decided not to throw things.)

After reading the blinking belt, he is considering investing in hurler again. But yhis is not definitive

Slim Jim wrote:


I'd house-rule that a long-gun with a bayonet can be used as an improvised spear in one hand. (...)

The Avr's suggestion of axe-musquet can replace the bayonet or falcata. It surprised mea lot not finding an only one technological weapon like a sword-blade.

Following some Technology Guide Book advice, I can make possible to craft technological weapons with the same rules as magical weapons, but instead of being magic, they use battering charges. So, the blinkback belt could be a "teleporting belt"
Besides, the rifle will be only for sniping. Uusally he would use it for smashing...

regarding guns, we are almost decided for the laser pistol and paddle-foot gun for emergencies. Laser pistol sounds OP, but almost every player in my party is godly-levels. They are clones from past-legends and they have unlocked their mythical potential . Thus, a big dude with laser guns won't matter at all.

Now, after asking him for feats and rage powers... he seems insterested to be in combat, at melee range (>.<). So, he can use some hurling charte feats/rage power, surprise volley, quick draw, point blank shot, rapid shot... and power attack? could be power attack useful in melee after spending so many feats in range combat?


dr Slurp wrote:
After reading the blinking belt, he is considering investing in hurler again.
You can do a lot of damage with a Keen/Furious falcata (it has the highest "raw DPR" of any one-hander versus targets than can be critted). You can do even more if you get to use it multiple times every turn even when nobody's near you. With the Blinkback putting it back in your possession immediately after each attack (i.e., instead of at the end of your turn, like the Returning property), you need only one of them -- so there's no need to be upgrading more than two weapons: one pistol and one falcata.
Quote:
Following some Technology Guide Book advice, I can make possible to craft technological weapons with the same rules as magical weapons, but instead of being magic, they use battering charges. So, the blinkback belt could be a "teleporting belt"
I also want a Blinkback Belt of Incredible Dexterity and Teleportation!
Quote:
Besides, the rifle will be only for sniping.
Yes, it would be relegated to that, since Sword and Gun doesn't work with two-handed firearms.[quote[regarding guns, we are almost decided for the laser pistol and paddle-foot gun for emergencies. Laser pistol sounds OP, but almost every player in my party is godly-levels. They are clones from past-legends and they have unlocked their mythical potential . Thus, a big dude with laser guns won't matter at all.Note that while Han Solo makes medieval knights look like chumps who wonder why they ever left home, a vanilla wizard with only CRB access will be easily taking his lunch money by 5th at the very latest. "Martial/Caster disparity" is a very real thing.
Quote:
Now, after asking him for feats and rage powers... he seems insterested to be in combat, at melee range (>.<). So, he can use some hurling charte feats/rage power, surprise volley, quick draw, point blank shot, rapid shot... and power attack? could be power attack useful in melee after spending so many feats in range combat?

In a word, no -- and here's why:

* Power Attack best rewards a pure melee build that uses a two-handed weapon, advances Str relentlessly, and fights while Enlarged. It also helps if he's not eating penalties from too much else.

* A Rapid Shot / Sword and Gun build is eating -4 to acquire its two additional attacks. If you were at 4th level, you wouldn't want to shoot the gun twice at -4, and then Power Attack with a one-handed weapon at -6 in a build that's not big.

* A dexterity-advancing SavTech doesn't rage for Con, and thus has only a modest amount of hitpoints despite gaining d12s and d10s from class levels. When much of the character emphasis on ranged combat, melee should be generally avoided when possible. An ordinary reach-monster with multiple attack will mess you up good ("Save me *now*, teleport belt!").

If he starts hitting all the time, then the feat to consider (but not early) is Deadly Aim, which is basically Power Attack for ranged attacks. Personally, I wouldn't take it. I like extra attacks; additional dribbles of damage are just a small layer of frosting. Make sure the attacks hit. I also like being able to do cool things. Taking a damage feat delays taking a "cool thing" feat. (That's why I made the fighter archetype Mutagen Warrior -- the character has enough dexterity that medium and heavy armor are unnecessary, so why not trade Armor Training for the ability to make mutagens like an Alchemist? Bonus: you get to cackle like a mad-scientist. And you are a "savage" "technologist", so the munchkinny multiclassing actually works perfectly from a roleplaying perspective.)

If the player has the equivalent of a DL-44 heavy blaster and is shooting it several times a round, he's already doing plenty of damage.


Thanks for imput. I think we have almost finished this.

Slim Jim wrote:
In a word, no --...

I supposed that.

Slim Jim wrote:
INote that while Han Solo makes medieval knights look like chumps who wonder why they ever left home, a vanilla wizard with only CRB access will be easily taking his lunch money by 5th at the very latest. "Martial/Caster disparity" is a very real thing.

Absolutely agree. But the most strongest player in my group is an orc samurai (the most expert player btw).

Also, laser pistols have "semiautomatic" feature, which combined with rapid shoot allow to make 3 shots with -6 penalty. Targeting Touch AC... Dont skip that...

Now, the current "casual build" is like this.

Human
Level 7 Savage Technologist / hurler
STR 16
DEX 16+2(human)+1(level 5)=19
CON 15
INT 11
WIS 12
CAR 8

Base attack Bonus +7/+2
Base Fort save +5
Base Reflex save +2
Base Will save +2

Proficiency with all simple and martial weapons, all firearms, light armor, and shields (except tower shields).

Class features:
Rage, skilled thrower,
Sword and Gun, rage power.
Trapsense (1), Primal magnetism
Rage power.
Crack shot
Trap sense(2), Rage power.
Damage reduction (1/-)

Trait: Reactionary (we can replace it if we find one better.

Feats:
Extra Human feat:Throw anything? Baroom brawler (my twin brother, the most expert player of the party, can help the noob player to make his daily choices with this feat)

1: Point-blank shot
3: Quickdraw
5: Rapid shot
7: Surprise Volley? Vital strike? Baroom Brawler? Throw anything?

Also, extra racial feat at level 1 (one present of the GM for every player): Defiant Luck (maybe ratial heritage if we discover one interesting racial feat)

Rage powers.
2:Smasher (to break things if needed...) (useful with vital strike)
4: Reckless abandon (since he has more AC during rage, this allow him to exchange AC for attack bonus)
6: He had thought in guarded life but now that I read it I dont think it will be very useful... we are opened to more rage powers suggestions...

Equipment:
Blinkback belt (5000)
+1, keen, Falcata (8000)
Laser pistol (10000) with three batteries (300) (Can be replaced with paddle-foot pistol and alchemical cartridges, but the laser pistol seems better to me overall)
Rest of the money armor and usual gear. There will be time to obtain more things, to enhance DEX.


Oh, I forgot about precise shot. Although baroom brawler can pick that onve a day...


I've been avoiding this thread because I don't share character building tenets with Slim Jim at all and it looks like you guys are hitting it off.

Just wanted to say that when I built this class, I used a Cestus to be able to reload because I needed a free hand.

I will say this is an extremely complex build. You need to keep in mind: reloading, melee rules, ranged rules (cover, AoOs, etc.), rage rounds, rage powers, different bonuses that apply to many weapons etc.

I cannot emphasize how beginner-unfriendly it is.

I found some success ignoring Sword and Pistol and going with Empty Quiver Flurry and a rifle – this allowed me to make heavy hits and reload as I smashed heads.


Wow, that feat-chain (empty quiver flurry) is one of the things the player was wishing at the beginning (staying at melee) before thinking about GangPlank!

It is a bit feat intensive, but looks more barbarian than a pure throwing weapons build.
I will ask my player about that.

In that case, the feats would be:
Human: weapon focus
1: point blanck shor
3: rapid shot
5: stabbed shot
7: empty quiver style
...

With one two-levelz dip of fighter he could pick empty quiver flexibility to add DEX to melee, and rapid reload to reload the gun in melee. But he has to decide to multickass first, then.

If he dont multiclass, I think whe should look for other Rage Powers.

Also, I have to think (RAI) if the shoot and gun feature can be used combined with the empty quiver style feat to fight with 2 guns (one "used as a light mace", and the other as a gun, and switching weapons instead of reloading). As RAW, it shouldnt be possible (a gun is not a light melee weapon) but I see no problems as RAI (because if the barbarian can use a light mace and a gun, why wont he be able to use a gun and a "gun-as-a-light-mace"?)


If you have more feat slots that you know what to do with, then trade one of them for not being human. (IMO every race, especially the core ones, have significant advantages over human in exchange for that feat, many of them defense-related.)


dr Slurp wrote:

Wow, that feat-chain (empty quiver flurry) is one of the things the player was wishing at the beginning (staying at melee) before thinking about GangPlank!

It is a bit feat intensive, but looks more barbarian than a pure throwing weapons build.
I will ask my player about that.

In that case, the feats would be:
Human: weapon focus
1: point blanck shor
3: rapid shot
5: stabbed shot
7: empty quiver style
...

With one two-levelz dip of fighter he could pick empty quiver flexibility to add DEX to melee, and rapid reload to reload the gun in melee. But he has to decide to multickass first, then.

If he dont multiclass, I think whe should look for other Rage Powers.

Also, I have to think (RAI) if the shoot and gun feature can be used combined with the empty quiver style feat to fight with 2 guns (one "used as a light mace", and the other as a gun, and switching weapons instead of reloading). As RAW, it shouldnt be possible (a gun is not a light melee weapon) but I see no problems as RAI (because if the barbarian can use a light mace and a gun, why wont he be able to use a gun and a "gun-as-a-light-mace"?)

You can certainly use Sword and Gun with a gun used as a light mace. The problem is that you still can't reload.


Slim Jim wrote:
If you have more feat slots that you know what to do with, then trade one of them for not being human. (IMO every race, especially the core ones, have significant advantages over human in exchange for that feat, many of them defense-related.)

I think human is his favourite race. Race is one of the most important character parts for noobs that dont appreciate min-maxing.

In my party, there are a drow, a tengu, a tiefling, an aasimar, an orc... He will be the second human (the previous one was a witch).

Secret Wizard wrote:


You can certainly use Sword and Gun with a gun used as a light mace. The problem is that you still can't reload.

True, but using both guns with big clips partially solves this issue. A laser pistol has a clip of 10 shots. The paddle foot pistol can fire 4 times without reloading.

With empty quiver style,he can fire 8 times with two paddle foot guns bedore reloading... Maybe this is enough until he picks the empty quiver flurry feat.


dr Slurp wrote:
Slim Jim wrote:
If you have more feat slots that you know what to do with, then trade one of them for not being human. (IMO every race, especially the core ones, have significant advantages over human in exchange for that feat, many of them defense-related.)
I think human is his favourite race. Race is one of the most important character parts for noobs that dont appreciate min-maxing.

If he's playing a Savage Technologist Barbarian (and it was his idea), then he's already chosen to min-max his martial class by selecting the only archetype in the game that can increase both strength and dexterity simultaneously by triggering an ability as a free-action.

(As for race, I prompt players to put themselves into a Lord of the Rings mindset, in which the classic core humanoid races are not appreciably dissimilar in appearance -- i.e., as opposed to outright bizarre "talking animals" such as tengu, kitsune, etc. Are you irritable, hard to kill, and at least 90% covered in metal? Hello, dwarf! Are you weak and oppressed, but not letting it get you down? Hello, halfling! Are you an arrogant, know-it-all? Hello, elf! Are you a Hulk-smash in a loin-cloth? Hello, half-orc! And so on.)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

We are closed to the final choices!

Finally, we decided to mix several of Avr, Slim Jim and Secret Wizard suggestions to make a very strange build, funny to role and play. I convinced him to pick multiclass barbarian/fighter to be able to have enough feats for empty quiver flexibility.

Since he will have some fighter levels, he will be a mutation warrior. To drink the mutagen as a move action, we decided to replace the hurler archetype by the drunken brute (he read the related rage powers and laugh a lot...).

And, given that he will be some alchemist background, why not make him using alchemical cartridges in a paddlefoot pistol?

Ironically, the NPC that gives technology to my party is a gnome, that always are angry, discussing everything and fighting people who dont agree with him. The drunken technological mutated barbarian can have funny interactions with that gnome.

The build will not be 100% optimal at level 7-8, but it will be funny enough. And in a couple of levels he can do a lot of damage using dex to damage.

We could call his character Secret Slim Avr

The player was able to use his character last summer in a Intrigue setting game that we did through SMS (I use to do this on summers because our party are very split). He played a "vanilla barbarian" because I said that, for that adventure, he wouldnt need a well-defined character sheet (because I expected no combat encounters), and now we have to design it (so this is why I came here with a barbarian human idea). His barbarian could get well with some noble familys that thought he was a good exotic jerk. Well, this build confirms the nobles's impressions


Tell us how he does!


Secret Wizard wrote:
Tell us how he does!

Thank you. I will post the character soon.

To make the waiting time more enjoyable, I will say the following:

After the Intrigue Summer Adventure, the main city is at risk of suffering one or more of these things:

- an anarchist revolt leaded by the aasimar antipaladin player to complain about the king's opression of the poor citymen to pay his army (to which there are several players affiliated)...
- an undead revolt leaded by a lich NPC that is trying to make a pact with the king's army to defeat the main villain and is waiting his response...
- an inevitable summoning ritual, leaded by some mad cultists who want to bring an end to the world...
- the murder of the tengu rogue player, who was captured by an NPC inquisitor during the intrigue summer campaign...

There are less than one day left for a important festival, where these events can trigger.

This is the perfect environment to start to play pathfinder!!! Although a barbarian cant help to avoid revolts.

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Advice / Savage technologist + / - hurler ideas for a new and interested player. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.