January 2020 New Releases and Subscription Shipping


Customer Service

151 to 200 of 226 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Superscriber
Aaron Highcolor wrote:
At this point, I’m just going with the assumption that my order won’t be sent until the 29th. Which means I won’t have access to the pdf any earlier than I could buy it off the site.

I’ve found it better to always focus on the final day when looking at these threads. I used to look at the first day of shipping and see how early I might get stuff, but it tended to make me anxious as the days ticked by. Now I always think of the last day as “I should see it ship.by then” and I am sometimes pleasantly surprised.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Steve Geddes wrote:
Aaron Highcolor wrote:
At this point, I’m just going with the assumption that my order won’t be sent until the 29th. Which means I won’t have access to the pdf any earlier than I could buy it off the site.
I’ve found it better to always focus on the final day when looking at these threads. I used to look at the first day of shipping and see how early I might get stuff, but it tended to make me anxious as the days ticked by. Now I always think of the last day as “I should see it ship.by then” and I am sometimes pleasantly surprised.

True, but when shipping for February starts 11 days after the last day for January....I really do think they’ll both show up real close to each other.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

My December order arrived a week after my November order.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Superscriber
Aaron Highcolor wrote:
Steve Geddes wrote:
Aaron Highcolor wrote:
At this point, I’m just going with the assumption that my order won’t be sent until the 29th. Which means I won’t have access to the pdf any earlier than I could buy it off the site.
I’ve found it better to always focus on the final day when looking at these threads. I used to look at the first day of shipping and see how early I might get stuff, but it tended to make me anxious as the days ticked by. Now I always think of the last day as “I should see it ship.by then” and I am sometimes pleasantly surprised.
True, but when shipping for February starts 11 days after the last day for January....I really do think they’ll both show up real close to each other.

I once got an August shipment after my September shipment arrived. It’s really the luck of the draw - if you’re late in the January and the February run, you won’t really notice I suspect.

Months where you’re last to get your package one month and then first cab of the ranks the next always feel slightly unusual.

Liberty's Edge

Starfinder Superscriber

January shipping is still ongoing, yes? So if our order is still "Pending", that's nothing to worry about?

Paizo Employee Customer Service & Community Manager

2 people marked this as a favorite.
rknop wrote:
January shipping is still ongoing, yes? So if our order is still "Pending", that's nothing to worry about?

Correct.


rknop wrote:
January shipping is still ongoing, yes? So if our order is still "Pending", that's nothing to worry about?

It goes through Wednesday. Which will then be 10 business days since my confirmation email was received.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

The shipping window is always ten days to two weeks, as reflected in the month's New Releases and Subscription Shipping thread. That means some people always wait ten days to two weeks between getting the "pending shipment" email and the "shipped" email. The only real difference this month is the delayed beginning of shipment, from January 13th to the 15th. (And, I guess, MLK Day falling in the shipping window and taking out a business day.)

Honestly, you'll be a lot happier in the long run if you do as Steve suggests and focus in on the last day you can expect your order to ship rather than first. That way, if you're lucky enough to ship in the first few days, you're pleasantly surprised, and if you ship at the end, it's nothing unexpected.

(My order has also still not shipped, and I also got my "pending shipment" email on January 14th.)


Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Joana wrote:

(My order has also still not shipped, and I also got my "pending shipment" email on January 14th.)

Same here.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Ashanderai wrote:
Joana wrote:

(My order has also still not shipped, and I also got my "pending shipment" email on January 14th.)

Same here.

Same here =(.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Cyder wrote:
Ashanderai wrote:
Joana wrote:

(My order has also still not shipped, and I also got my "pending shipment" email on January 14th.)

Same here.
Same here =(.

Same here and agree that the time of shipping for individuals varies within the window. Big difference (and disappointment) this time around is that it looks like I won't even get my PDFs until the street date for the products. Early sight of the PDFs has always been a great benefit of subscribing so a shame to miss out on that this month.

Grand Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Getting your PDF early is not one of the offered benefits of subscribing, although it is often happens as a nice bonus. I'm in NZ so getting stuff shipped from the USA teaches one patience ;)

What advantages are there to subscribing?
Subscribers to any of our lines will receive each subscription product directly from Paizo and need never worry about missing a product.

Many of our Pathfinder & Starfinder products receive a free PDF of each subscription volume purchased as part of their subscription. Some subscriptions include a percentage discount on each new release in the subscription line. See individual subscription pages for more details.

Those who subscribe to four or more qualifying subscription lines receive a special benefit for subscribing. See "What is the Paizo Advantage Discount?" for more information and restrictions.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

SO for me personally although the pdf early is nice the reason I would want to subscribe to anything is that I am getting it straight from the horse's mouth and thus shouldn't have to wait until LONG after street date to have my products. Every other pre-order or subscription service I have ever used in my life has arrived On or Before street date and this month and at least one other order before arriving many weeks after street date is putting a bad taste in my mouth. I love Paizo's worlds but I am considering canceling all but my AP subscription since I am grandfathered into the old Paizo advantage. If I am often going to have to wait long after release AND pay shipping I am not getting a benefit from the sub and would be better off buying it from a local store. This is why I wish despite the fact that Paizo said they won't do it that they offered a PDF only subscription.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Order says it just charged my card, heres hoping for shipping today or tomorrow :D Has tracking assigned.


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Yoshua wrote:
Order says it just charged my card, heres hoping for shipping today or tomorrow :D Has tracking assigned.

I expect that means it'll ship today, if it's not out the door already.


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Nicolas Paradise wrote:
SO for me personally although the pdf early is nice the reason I would want to subscribe to anything is that I am getting it straight from the horse's mouth and thus shouldn't have to wait until LONG after street date to have my products. Every other pre-order or subscription service I have ever used in my life has arrived On or Before street date and this month and at least one other order before arriving many weeks after street date is putting a bad taste in my mouth. I love Paizo's worlds but I am considering canceling all but my AP subscription since I am grandfathered into the old Paizo advantage. If I am often going to have to wait long after release AND pay shipping I am not getting a benefit from the sub and would be better off buying it from a local store. This is why I wish despite the fact that Paizo said they won't do it that they offered a PDF only subscription.

Don't cut off your nose to spite your face. :-)

IME, my subs have been shipped in the first half of the shipping window far more often than in the second half. I don't think I've ever received the shipment "long after release" and I know I haven't received it "many weeks" after release. I don't expect it would ever happen unless the shipping company (UPS, USPS) lost the shipment.

BTW, I've been a subscriber since 2014.

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber

"Charter" subscriber here (in at Pathfinder Zero Hour, read the chat protocol - sir_ollibolli). I had one book that took ages to arrive (8 weeks, out of 150+ shipments), one book was damaged (the 2008 Campaign Setting and replaced at no extra cost, provided I send a picture of the damage), one shipment was sent back due to the German Post Office requiring action in 5 days (a change at the beginning of a new year to minimize warehouse cost and I was still thinking two weeks would be sufficient) when you need to get to the Customs Office (this one was resent by Paizo and I had to pay the shipping, but that was my own fault).

Overall: Paizo is very reliable and tries to minimize the (very) high international shipping costs by using smaller (but more) envelopes. Kudos!

I am sorry that I had to cancel the Flip-Mat and Map Pack Accessory subscriptions, but the mixed packages (books and game accessories) was the reasopn that every single shipment to be picked up at the customs office (paying 19% import tax for the accessories instad of 7% for the books always broke the 5 Euro limit for income tax). And it took me about 2 hours to get to the customs office and back.

Paizo Employee Customer Service & Community Manager

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Joana wrote:

The only real difference this month is the delayed beginning of shipment, from January 13th to the 15th. (And, I guess, MLK Day falling in the shipping window and taking out a business day.)

There were a number of unfortunate things that hit all at once that contributed. Inventory at the beginning of the month meant that our warehouse has been shipping distributor orders out at the same time as subscribers (usually its before), we had a couple items get delayed in customs, we had 3 days of snow which a number of warehouse and CS were stuck at home, and we had the postal holiday. Additionally, Will and I both thought that the number of different products was within a range that we'd still be able to make it by last Friday, but we had some factors involved that had more of an impact than anticipated.

Regardless, the warehouse is going as quickly as they can to get things out the door. We also have a CS person who's doing some overtime to help ship things, too.

Thank you for your patience this month!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sara Marie wrote:
I moved the estimated end of shipping date to Wednesday, January 29. I'll reevaluate and try to update on Monday.

Is this still accurate?

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Dood.

Breath.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

24 hours after the charge hit the card.... aaaaaand shipping notice! On the 29th :D

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

Charge hit my account last night at 9pm and still no shipping notice . . .


Mine is still pending, no charges processed and no shipping notice and it’s supposedly the last day for shipping. I will hold on to hope that it’s actually processed today.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Aaron Highcolor wrote:
Mine is still pending, no charges processed and no shipping notice and it’s supposedly the last day for shipping. I will hold on to hope that it’s actually processed today.

Gonna be honest. The shipping end date is fluid. They only have so many people working in their warehouse shipping items out and alot of items to ship. If people are sick, there are snow days. It can and does get bumped.

Wouldn't hold fast to the 'last' day, as even if they got past the 'last' day they will still keep shipping after. Hope yours gets in the post soon :D


Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

I have so many sidecart items this time that I fear my order may well be the very last one they fulfill, seeing as my order is still pending with no charge yet. Oh, well, I have waited this long and the day is not done yet. :)


Yoshua wrote:
Aaron Highcolor wrote:
Mine is still pending, no charges processed and no shipping notice and it’s supposedly the last day for shipping. I will hold on to hope that it’s actually processed today.

Gonna be honest. The shipping end date is fluid. They only have so many people working in their warehouse shipping items out and alot of items to ship. If people are sick, there are snow days. It can and does get bumped.

Wouldn't hold fast to the 'last' day, as even if they got past the 'last' day they will still keep shipping after. Hope yours gets in the post soon :D

How long after they’ve taken the money does it usually take to process? Really wanting to read my AP.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Aaron Highcolor wrote:
Yoshua wrote:
Aaron Highcolor wrote:
Mine is still pending, no charges processed and no shipping notice and it’s supposedly the last day for shipping. I will hold on to hope that it’s actually processed today.

Gonna be honest. The shipping end date is fluid. They only have so many people working in their warehouse shipping items out and alot of items to ship. If people are sick, there are snow days. It can and does get bumped.

Wouldn't hold fast to the 'last' day, as even if they got past the 'last' day they will still keep shipping after. Hope yours gets in the post soon :D

How long after they’ve taken the money does it usually take to process? Really wanting to read my AP.

Mine took 24 hours, ish. Basically it is considered completed as soon as their shipping department flags the package as shipped.

Mind you, I had a non subscription order sit pending for 1 or 2 weeks this month and I originally ordered it like December 15th. I doubt that their Sub orders are going to sit like that but when I asked why they explained there was 1 item in the order holding it up. But even after it was charged it sat there for quite a bit before shipping.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Yoshua wrote:
Aaron Highcolor wrote:
Yoshua wrote:
Aaron Highcolor wrote:
Mine is still pending, no charges processed and no shipping notice and it’s supposedly the last day for shipping. I will hold on to hope that it’s actually processed today.

Gonna be honest. The shipping end date is fluid. They only have so many people working in their warehouse shipping items out and alot of items to ship. If people are sick, there are snow days. It can and does get bumped.

Wouldn't hold fast to the 'last' day, as even if they got past the 'last' day they will still keep shipping after. Hope yours gets in the post soon :D

How long after they’ve taken the money does it usually take to process? Really wanting to read my AP.

Mine took 24 hours, ish. Basically it is considered completed as soon as their shipping department flags the package as shipped.

Mind you, I had a non subscription order sit pending for 1 or 2 weeks this month and I originally ordered it like December 15th. I doubt that their Sub orders are going to sit like that but when I asked why they explained there was 1 item in the order holding it up. But even after it was charged it sat there for quite a bit before shipping.

Mine has been since 12/10. My biggest frustration was the lack of response to any communication concerning my order.


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Where did you communicate? Best, I think, is to call them during working hours, second is to send 'em an email, third to make a new post about the order in the customer service forum. Posting elsewhere (this thread, for example) comes in a poor fourth.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Got my shipping!

Liberty's Edge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Rysky wrote:
Got my shipping!

Where’s the anti-favourite button? there isn’t a flag option of “rubbing it in”. :-)


Ed Reppert wrote:
Where did you communicate? Best, I think, is to call them during working hours, second is to send 'em an email, third to make a new post about the order in the customer service forum. Posting elsewhere (this thread, for example) comes in a poor fourth.

Email.

Paizo Employee Customer Service & Community Manager

As of today:

PF AP 151:
Unfulfilled Subscriber copies: 18%
Of those orders that are left 46% have payment failures.

SF AP 24:
Unfulfilled Subscriber copies: 20%
Of those orders that are left 41% have payment failures.

Paizo Employee Customer Service & Community Manager

The January organized play subscription orders for scenarios were generated yesterday and are in the process of fulfilling.


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Interesting. According to my order history, the organized play sub order is still pending (no big deal, it'll come when it comes), but I do have 14 items marked as "never" downloaded on my downloads page, all of which I have already downloaded, and all but one of which I downloaded last year. Not the first time that's happened recently either. What's up with that?

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

So those of us who have been waiting a month or more for these orders who still don't have shipping info and no idea when it will ship have to continue to wait with no recourse when a few days ago you said today was the shipping deadline. But you come in here with veiled insults that most of the non-shipments are payment releated and yet that isn't the case for anyone here begging for help and answers in this thread. Even if it did ship tonight because I am on the East coast it usually takes 10-13 days for stuff to arrive because your post office in Fife WA, loves to just hold on to packages for like 4 days. So my benefit from my sub is what exactly right now? A free pdf that I still don't have access too and a buch of non-sub items that were ordered almost a month ago at this point that may arrive to late to be useful for the games I ordered them for. I feel like such a valuable customer of Paizo right now.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Please relax. I see no veiled insults. Paizo, and Sara Marie in particular, are just being as transparent as they can and have a history of providing good service. I am sure they are doing everything they can to resolve the situation. Not everything goes to plan. In the end, we will still get our orders.

I mean, I got all of my society scenarios for both Pathfinder and Starfinder, but still no subscription email regarding the confirmation of payment with links to download. I don't think that has ever happened to me before, even though I seem to always be one of the last ones to get my subscriptions every month. I am guessing my subscription fulfillment won't happen until later this week, now, since it is the end of the work day.

But, oh well. I know the Paizonians are working hard, though, and I am confident I will get my order in the end and I think the same is true for everyone. I, for one, will be happy as long as I can spend time reading my subscription PDFs by the weekend.

Paizo Employee Customer Service & Community Manager

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Just talked to Will and his estimation is that subscription orders that are able to ship should be wrapping up by end of day tomorrow, with the exception of some of the more complicated corner cases.

CS email request backlog is at 550.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Nicolas Paradise wrote:
So those of us who have been waiting a month or more for these orders who still don't have shipping info and no idea when it will ship have to continue to wait with no recourse when a few days ago you said today was the shipping deadline. But you come in here with veiled insults that most of the non-shipments are payment releated and yet that isn't the case for anyone here begging for help and answers in this thread

I realize people are frustrated. I am still waiting for my order to ship as well. But there was definitely no "veiled insults". Sara Marie just pointed out that of the remaining orders, a large chunk haven't shipped due to payment issues. It was an update on the process, as folks have been asking for.

Yours is one of the ones that doesn't have a payment issue. So is mine. Is it a bummer? Sure it is. But accusing someone who is doing their job of making "veiled insults" isn't helping anyone.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
coyotegospel wrote:
Nicolas Paradise wrote:
So those of us who have been waiting a month or more for these orders who still don't have shipping info and no idea when it will ship have to continue to wait with no recourse when a few days ago you said today was the shipping deadline. But you come in here with veiled insults that most of the non-shipments are payment releated and yet that isn't the case for anyone here begging for help and answers in this thread

I realize people are frustrated. I am still waiting for my order to ship as well. But there was definitely no "veiled insults". Sara Marie just pointed out that of the remaining orders, a large chunk haven't shipped due to payment issues. It was an update on the process, as folks have been asking for.

Yours is one of the ones that doesn't have a payment issue. So is mine. Is it a bummer? Sure it is. But accusing someone who is doing their job of making "veiled insults" isn't helping anyone.

You aren't helping either. Sara is smart and know you don't engage with angry or frustrated customers. Unless you can change something for them you let them vent engaging with them or countering their points just makes them more so.

Paizo Employee Customer Service & Community Manager

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sara Marie wrote:

As of today:

PF AP 151:
Unfulfilled Subscriber copies: 18%
Of those orders that are left 46% have payment failures.

SF AP 24:
Unfulfilled Subscriber copies: 20%
Of those orders that are left 41% have payment failures.

Lost Omens Gods & Magic:

Unfulfilled Subscriber copies: 20%
Of those orders that are left 33% have payment failures.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Superscriber
Nicolas Paradise wrote:
coyotegospel wrote:
Nicolas Paradise wrote:
So those of us who have been waiting a month or more for these orders who still don't have shipping info and no idea when it will ship have to continue to wait with no recourse when a few days ago you said today was the shipping deadline. But you come in here with veiled insults that most of the non-shipments are payment releated and yet that isn't the case for anyone here begging for help and answers in this thread

I realize people are frustrated. I am still waiting for my order to ship as well. But there was definitely no "veiled insults". Sara Marie just pointed out that of the remaining orders, a large chunk haven't shipped due to payment issues. It was an update on the process, as folks have been asking for.

Yours is one of the ones that doesn't have a payment issue. So is mine. Is it a bummer? Sure it is. But accusing someone who is doing their job of making "veiled insults" isn't helping anyone.

You aren't helping either. Sara is smart and know you don't engage with angry or frustrated customers. Unless you can change something for them you let them vent engaging with them or countering their points just makes them more so.

I’m not trying to argue with you, the following is just what might be a useful perspective. I think it’s perfectly reasonable for you to feel frustrated - it’s frustration stemming from a very common misunderstanding so clarifying that might (?) help in future situations.

When you elected to “ship with your subscriptions” a month ago, the implicit choice you made there was to receive it late but pay less in shipping overall. Presumably you would have been fine with that if things hadn’t conspired to cause delays and if you’d been first out the door a week and a bit ago.

There is a very common misconception that subscribers will get their shipments early. So operating under that sssumption, many people choose to bundle their items assuming they’ll at least get them before the next streetdate for Paizo releases.

However, that isn’t the case with subscriptions. In a perfect world no subscriber would get it early - we’d all get it on the release date. In fact, if the USPS suddenly halved their shipping times, Paizo would respond by delaying their subscription run appropriately to preserve the status quo.

Because there are loads of us, they have to stretch things out, so every month a lucky majority get their shipments early. That has seeped into the public consciousness as one of the good things about subscribing. However, a little known fact is that there are a significant number of subscribers who get their books after streetdate most months.

That cohort changes month by month, but the long and the short of it is that if you place an order and choose “ship with my next subscription shipment” there is no guarantee of getting those early orders before the next batch of releases. You probably will....but that potential for prolonged lag is the price of the cheaper shipping.

Since my last subscription in November, I’ve placed around half a dozen off-sub orders. Some of them have been added to my cart (because I want to save shipping but am happy to delay getting them) the ones that I wanted urgently I shipped immediately (and forwent the bundle discount for shipping).

Personally, I think this issue is widespread enough that it warrants a disclaimer when you first add a subscription, but that does feel kind of counter intuitive to say “warning: we might not ship it to you early!” when most of the time they will.

As I say - not trying to negate your frustration, but it’s worth knowing exactly what you’re risking by selecting “ship with my next subscription shipment”.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Superscriber
Nicolas Paradise wrote:
So my benefit from my sub is what exactly right now? A free pdf that I still don't have access too and a buch of non-sub items that were ordered almost a month ago at this point that may arrive to late to be useful for the games I ordered them for. I feel like such a valuable customer of Paizo right now.

The value is the free PDF and the ease of automatic ordering. Nothing more. That’s what a subscription gets you (provided you have sufficient number to qualify for Paizo Advantage, you may also get a price discount).


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Superscriber
Sara Marie wrote:
The January organized play subscription orders for scenarios were generated yesterday and are in the process of fulfilling.

Hi Sara

I got my downloads, but didn’t get any email to that effect, fwiw.

Paizo Employee Customer Service & Community Manager

5 people marked this as a favorite.

We are very close to wrapping this up. I knew it would be very close to the wire, and unfortunately shipping will bleed a bit into tomorrow. The number of orders that are ready to ship is getting steadily lower.

Last week Thursday we were at 94% unfulfilled for the PF AP. The warehouse has been working very hard to ship things as quickly as possible and just shy of a week later, we're at 18% unfulfilled, almost half of which are currently unable to be shipped until their payment method is resolved (this can be anything from an expired card, to an AVS failure, etc). My hope was that this would be an indication of how close we are to having everything we can ship for subscriptions shipped.

Thank you again to folks for patience. I know how much people are waiting excitedly for this month's releases, particularly Gods & Magic, and please know, we're working as quickly as we can to get folks their orders.

~sara


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Steve Geddes wrote:


When you elected to “ship with your subscriptions” a month ago, the implicit choice you made there was to receive it late but pay less in shipping overall. Presumably you would have been fine with that if things hadn’t conspired to cause delays and if you’d been first out the door a week and a bit ago.

There is a very common misconception that subscribers will get their shipments early. So operating under that sssumption, many people choose to bundle their items assuming they’ll at least get them...

I would take a bit of issue with this statement though. When I placed my order 12/10/19, I was not given a choice to have it shipped then or later. It was automatically moved to a side cart. So, at least in my case, I didn’t make that choice on my own. It was made for me.

My order is still pending, and I know for a fact that it isn’t a payment problem because the funds have already been take out of my account (with no confirmation email). I have been told it can take up to 24 hours to get access to the PDFs, so the waiting game continues.

I’m glad Sara has come on with an update today, but it would’ve been nice to have been informed that there was a large backlog of emails to be answered instead of leaving a lot of people to sit in frustrated silence. I have raved about the quality of Paizo’s customer service in the past. Anytime prior I’ve had an issue, it’s been handled in a matter of hours, from shipping updates to replacing missing orders. So, to be honest, the communication (other than being told “just expect it to go out on the last day and you won’t be disappointed”) has been disappointing.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Superscriber
Aaron Highcolor wrote:
Steve Geddes wrote:


When you elected to “ship with your subscriptions” a month ago, the implicit choice you made there was to receive it late but pay less in shipping overall. Presumably you would have been fine with that if things hadn’t conspired to cause delays and if you’d been first out the door a week and a bit ago.

There is a very common misconception that subscribers will get their shipments early. So operating under that sssumption, many people choose to bundle their items assuming they’ll at least get them...

I would take a bit of issue with this statement though. When I placed my order 12/10/19, I was not given a choice to have it shipped then or later. It was automatically moved to a side cart. So, at least in my case, I didn’t make that choice on my own. It was made for me.

Again, please read this as “advice from a long term customer trying to help” not “shut up, you don’t really have a problem”. I can totally empathise - I’ve had every conceivable problem with paizo’s ordering system over the years!

That selection of automatically sidecarting items is a customisable default setting (or technically, I think it just remembers what you did last time) but I’ll admit the shipping selection process is easy to skip past (it’s the second button in the three or four step process you see when you place an order).

I think you were given the option but didn’t realise it. (If that second square wasn’t showing then something has gone seriously wrong).

Quote:

My order is still pending, and I know for a fact that it isn’t a payment problem because the funds have already been take out of my account (with no confirmation email). I have been told it can take up to 24 hours to get access to the PDFs, so the waiting game continues.

I’m glad Sara has come on with an update today, but it would’ve been nice to have been informed that there was a large backlog of emails to be answered instead of leaving a lot of people to sit in frustrated silence. I have raved about the quality of Paizo’s customer service in the past. Anytime prior I’ve had an issue, it’s been handled in a matter of hours, from shipping updates to replacing missing orders. So, to be honest, the communication (other than being told “just expect it to go out on the last day and you won’t be disappointed”) has been disappointing.

I know you’re mainly speaking about official communication, but I do hope that last bit (which was me) came across as intended.


Steve Geddes wrote:
Aaron Highcolor wrote:
Steve Geddes wrote:


When you elected to “ship with your subscriptions” a month ago, the implicit choice you made there was to receive it late but pay less in shipping overall. Presumably you would have been fine with that if things hadn’t conspired to cause delays and if you’d been first out the door a week and a bit ago.

There is a very common misconception that subscribers will get their shipments early. So operating under that sssumption, many people choose to bundle their items assuming they’ll at least get them...

I would take a bit of issue with this statement though. When I placed my order 12/10/19, I was not given a choice to have it shipped then or later. It was automatically moved to a side cart. So, at least in my case, I didn’t make that choice on my own. It was made for me.

Again, please read this as “advice from a long term customer trying to help” not “shut up, you don’t really have a problem”. I can totally empathise - I’ve had every conceivable problem with paizo’s ordering system over the years!

That selection of automatically sidecarting items is a customisable default setting (or technically, I think it just remembers what you did last time) but I’ll admit the shipping selection process is easy to skip past (it’s the second button in the three or four step process you see when you place an order).

I think you were given the option but didn’t realise it. (If that second square wasn’t showing then something has gone seriously wrong).

Quote:

My order is still pending, and I know for a fact that it isn’t a payment problem because the funds have already been take out of my account (with no confirmation email). I have been told it can take up to 24 hours to get access to the PDFs, so the waiting game continues.

I’m glad Sara has come on with an update today, but it would’ve been nice to have been informed that there was a large backlog of emails to be answered instead of leaving a lot of people to sit in frustrated

...

I know you said it Steve, but it was then reiterated by Joan. I took yours as intended, the 2nd did not go over as well, as it comes across differently when it’s from “an official representative.”

The 2nd button was there, I did pick the standard shipping (the cheap one). I don’t recall there being any indication of a side cart (there wasn’t when I ordered the GMG the other day). That’s the frustrating part. I ordered a few things for my son (who’s now gone out of state back to school again), so he won’t get what I was hoping to be a Christmas gift until May now.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

Ah well. That’s well outside my knowledge (though I’ve certainly done things that are supposed to be impossible before). It does sound like something particularly screwy happened in your case. Hopefully what I wrote above is useful for people who are looking to make a choice (as opposed to having it made for them).


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Aaron Highcolor wrote:
Steve Geddes wrote:


When you elected to “ship with your subscriptions” a month ago, the implicit choice you made there was to receive it late but pay less in shipping overall. Presumably you would have been fine with that if things hadn’t conspired to cause delays and if you’d been first out the door a week and a bit ago.

There is a very common misconception that subscribers will get their shipments early. So operating under that sssumption, many people choose to bundle their items assuming they’ll at least get them...

I would take a bit of issue with this statement though. When I placed my order 12/10/19, I was not given a choice to have it shipped then or later. It was automatically moved to a side cart. So, at least in my case, I didn’t make that choice on my own. It was made for me.

My order is still pending, and I know for a fact that it isn’t a payment problem because the funds have already been take out of my account (with no confirmation email). I have been told it can take up to 24 hours to get access to the PDFs, so the waiting game continues.

I’m glad Sara has come on with an update today, but it would’ve been nice to have been informed that there was a large backlog of emails to be answered instead of leaving a lot of people to sit in frustrated silence. I have raved about the quality of Paizo’s customer service in the past. Anytime prior I’ve had an issue, it’s been handled in a matter of hours, from shipping updates to replacing missing orders. So, to be honest, the communication (other than being told “just expect it to go out on the last day and you won’t be disappointed”) has been disappointing.

Aaron

When it comes to Customer Service contact, I only use email if I really have no urgency. It is the slowest way to contact. If there is something that is Time Sensitive or needs real time answers: Wrong items in an order, wrong items received. I will use the phone. It is by far the quickest way to get a response, but for general questions I use the forum. That is because the forum team is really really good at responding, even if it takes a day or 2 to get the answer I need. Email.... can take a long time all year round. Not that I think it is neglected,they just get ALOT of email.

I've been around for a few years and have subscribed on and off over the years. The only real benefit to subscribing is the free PDF. and I get a price discount on items I buy. The discount on mini's is especially good.

I've had orders shipped after estimated ending date of shipping, wrong items shipped, discounts not applied.

Paizo is really good at fixing the issues, but when it comes to when a subscription gets shipped? Luck of the draw. I've been at the front and the back. It's one of those things that we as customers have to understand.

If you want something shipped quickly, Amazon has the items on release day but you get it 2 days after release every time, and don't necessarily get discounts. I am not telling you to get over it by any means. I ordered a gargantuan dragon in December using the 2020 discount. It didn't force me to side cart it, but it says 'estimated to ship in 5-23 days.' It shipped over 30 days later. They offered to remove the dragon but I'd lose the shipping discount and that paid for half the dragon after the 2020 discount... So I waited and eventually it shipped.

Just saying, shipping is estimated and eventually we get what we order. Most of the time it ships REALLY quick. But sometimes not so much. I've gotten used to it.

Just another long time customer's perspective. Being side carted can be frustrating, but the shipping discount is worth it most of the time for me.

151 to 200 of 226 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Customer Service / January 2020 New Releases and Subscription Shipping All Messageboards