How do you like them apples?


Starfinder Society

Grand Lodge 5/5 ⦵⦵⦵ Venture-Captain, Online—PbP aka Hmm

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Apples are delicious.

Mild Season Two Spoilers:
One of our foes sure likes taking bites out of them and carelessly leaving cores around. It's starting to make me wonder if there is anything magical or technological that we could do to track that person using their DNA. Or perhaps we should contact the main vendors who do expensive catering with fruit and track her that way. This might even get easier if she has a particular variety of apple that she loves. Castrovellian cuties? Triaxian dragoncrisps? Arkanen ampere apples? There aren't that many worlds in the Pact that support apple orchards, so apples are likely an expensive import item in most places.

I have two characters now who want to be more proactive about taking the apple out of her eye. I sure hope that we can start taking the initiative here.

★ ---- ★ ---- ★ ---- ★

However, apples can be a fairly pricey habit. An apple a day makes Starfinders slay.

Hmm

PS This post will make more sense as you play Season 2.

Wayfinders

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I love eating apples! One of my players hates apples now for some reason. Unsure why.

2-09 Spoils:
I suspect she's about to become a much more public figure, based on a recent news report I caught. The problem may not be tracking her so much as "proving that she's done anything bad."

Acquisitives 1/5

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Spoiler:
I mean, you say prove I say "prove", or "handle in a manner consistent with the Organizations needs while also ensuring ongoing discussions would not feature our Organization".

4/5

Hilary Moon Murphy wrote:

Apples are delicious.

** spoiler omitted **

However, apples can be a fairly pricey habit. An apple a day makes Starfinders slay.

Hmm

PS This post will make more sense as you play Season 2.

I know Azlant has some amount of DNA scanning because of the sensors in a certain AP. Not sure how sensitive or specific the technology is.

Liberty's Edge 1/5

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Hilary Moon Murphy wrote:

Apples are delicious.

** spoiler omitted **

However, apples can be a fairly pricey habit. An apple a day makes Starfinders slay.

Hmm

PS This post will make more sense as you play Season 2.

Here's the deal. I'm going to

censored:
shove that cred stick down that their f**king throat.
Dataphiles 4/5 ⦵⦵⦵⦵

2 people marked this as a favorite.

"I spent some time this morning considering what to do with her, if I ever caught her. I think I will cryofreeze her permanently and put her somewhere she cannot be found. I considered taker her into the Perplexity, but my wife pointed out that would be a great way to end up with a super villan."

5/5 ⦵⦵⦵

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Hardware the Tech wrote:
"I spent some time this morning considering what to do with her, if I ever caught her. I think I will cryofreeze her permanently and put her somewhere she cannot be found. I considered taker her into the Perplexity, but my wife pointed out that would be a great way to end up with a super villan."

"I wanted a life sentence to Fitches nursery, but Eox objected on the basis of cruel and unusual punishment. "

The Manifold Host 5/5 ⦵⦵⦵

"So what? Did Eox want a death sentence instead? 'Cause I could get behind that." Trusty rolls in to add his own opinions.

Wayfinders

"I wanted a life sentence to Fitches nursery, but Eox objected on the basis of cruel and unusual punishment. "

Yeah...I remember back in the day before i went to prison i had to do some baby sitting for Fitch, I mean they were just adorable but really...i ended up having them all to to sleep on top of me in a big rat blanket after i let them take apart rebuild and play with my guns like they were a huge erector set...unloaded of course

Shadow Lodge 5/5 ⦵⦵ Venture-Lieutenant, California—San Francisco Bay Area North & East aka thistledown

She's a Mary Sue. Plain and simple.

5/5 ⦵⦵⦵

1 person marked this as a favorite.
James Anderson wrote:
She's a Mary Sue. Plain and simple.

She's riding on plot armor, so far, but thats kind of neccesary for a recuring villian in a role playing game. A mary sue would be right and virtuous, so far she's low down and scheming, outright negligent if not evil and not remotely being shown in the right.

Shadow Lodge 5/5 ⦵⦵ Venture-Lieutenant, California—San Francisco Bay Area North & East aka thistledown

Well, Villain Sue to be more precise.

Liberty's Edge 1/5

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
James Anderson wrote:
Well, Villain Sue to be more precise.

First of all, how dare you link to TV Tropes when I am trying to work.

Second of all, X Sue is fairly insulting and implies a level of self-insert/wish fulfillment/etc on the part of the author. BNW is way more on the money in regards to plot armor, but without plot armor we revert to "if it has stats, we can kill it".

4/5

BigNorseWolf wrote:
James Anderson wrote:
She's a Mary Sue. Plain and simple.
She's riding on plot armor, so far, but thats kind of neccesary for a recuring villian in a role playing game. A mary sue would be right and virtuous, so far she's low down and scheming, outright negligent if not evil and not remotely being shown in the right.

You mean like our old buddy from PFS, Torch?

Sovereign Court 5/5

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Society Subscriber

Torch was a stand-up bloke, who should have invested more in his PR department...

'He wasn't the (anti-)hero we deserved, he was the (anti-)hero we needed.'

Datch, on the other hand, is quite charismatic, and definitely has a decent PR department...

5/5 ⦵⦵⦵

RealAlchemy wrote:


You mean like our old buddy from PFS, Torch?

I think that the defining characteristic of a sue is more specific than they're good at what they do or that they succeed. A regular character succeeds by altering their actions in the created world. A Sue of any kind succeeds by having the created world alter to fit them. The laws of the universe work differently because they're that special, other characters get glued to the idiot ball so they can look good. They're impossibly gifted at everything except one alleged flaw that doesn't realy matter...

Besides a caveat in her first appearance that she can slip away from a pack of level 4 PCs who... she gives absolutely zero reason to respond to her with force, she hasn't done anything a high level PC couldn't pull off. She's a sneaky rat and she's staying in her lane of being a sneaky rat, not a hacker martial artist pro wrestler televid personality sniper ace pilot with a bazllion credits that everyone adores. I mean, "lets make the society look bad" shouldn't even be that hard.

Torch on the other hand was shown to be right all the time, and the "everyone still goes to him even though we shouldn't" thing could reasonably be seen as straining credulity to the point of rewriting reality for their convenience. (and really wanders in to interfering with peoples character choices unless they wanted to sit out that game night) His final betrayal was so badly done that it kind of defies description.

Shadow Lodge 5/5 ⦵⦵ Venture-Lieutenant, California—San Francisco Bay Area North & East aka thistledown

It's Sangoro's Lament that really did it for me. Though the stinger on Bluerise Breakout is another slap of the universe propping her up.

Songoro's Lament:
The society just figured out the coordinates for our lost vault. We get there and have to fight through all its defenses to find that she already came by, bypassed everything, set off more for us to deal with, and took everything before we arrived.

Liberty's Edge 1/5

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
James Anderson wrote:

It's Sangoro's Lament that really did it for me. Though the stinger on Bluerise Breakout is another slap of the universe propping her up.

** spoiler omitted **

RE:Songoro's Lament:
I feel that's less a case of the universe propping her up and more a situation where we're (as the Society) continuing to be caught on the backpeddle from things. The idea I got from the scenario was that 1.) We're compromised, 2.) The defenses have nothing to do with the vault itself, what we go through is what was already gone through by her. The lockdown? That's because of the issues that were caused after she went through, the bugs and plant stuff? Because she broke the seals and whatnot. It's not that she ninja'd our stuff, it's that she was there and did her fighting stuff portion before we were on site to begin with. She had to push and fight, but that wasn't part of the story we got to directly engage with because it already happened?
Dataphiles

We just need to make Datch disappear. My idea is to surgically remove her arms and legs, attune and activate Aeon Stone, Clear Spindle and Aeon Stone, Iridescent Spindle on her, fly ship to the safest point nearest to a black hole, take her to the airlock, shove a 1 cred stick in her pocket and toss out the airlock toward the black hole. I wish there was a thing that could stop aging so I could attune that to Datch too so things would last longer.

The Manifold Host 5/5 ⦵⦵⦵

Trusty does a double-take as he listens to Hoban-1's plan.

"Dude, I just want to kill her. I don't need to make her suffer in a Mega Villain Death Trap! Let's keep things simple." Trusty sighs. "My boss the gnome doesn't want to kill Datch, but then she's never met Datch. Still, the way Datch's crimes keep adding up, I think even Charli would decide to put her down eventually. That rat is bad news."

Trusty rolls forward. "Oh great Star Daddy, all I ask is that you don't prolong our agony. If we keep being constantly stabbed in the back like this for an entire season, it's going to get old fast. I liked being part of a respectable organization, one that was admired in the Pact Worlds. I don't want every alien we meet giving us the stinkeye. And I want justice."

Trusty's Gripes:

"She killed a friend of mine, and blamed me for it. Now I've heard from others that she's stolen from us, set up death traps for our teams, and then started a war with the items that she stole and blamed us for that too." The little robot rolls back and forth, pacing the floor. "I'm not a super-violent person, but I'm not gonna let that rat keep walking over us and killing our friends."

5/5 ⦵⦵⦵

2 people marked this as a favorite.
James Anderson wrote:

It's Sangoro's Lament that really did it for me. Though the stinger on Bluerise Breakout is another slap of the universe propping her up.

** spoiler omitted **

The organization they're a part of hacked some files. They had more time and energy to put into figuring them out because we were a little busy with that whole scoured stars thing.

Paizo Employee Starfinder Society Developer

3 people marked this as a favorite.

*Continues eating apples*

Spoilers from Sangoro's Lament:
The Rewards line for the final encounter was one of the most deliciously vindictive lines I've ever read in a scenario. The idea that Datch left this amazing 1 credit (per PC) reward was fantastic. I read it in the initial turnover and laughed for a good 10 minutes...

Liberty's Edge 1/5

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

RE:Thursty:
As stated. I kept the cred stick. It's going someplace uncomfortable :P

Grand Lodge 5/5 ⦵⦵⦵ Venture-Captain, Online—PbP aka Hmm

4 people marked this as a favorite.

All this makes me realize that I totally need to bring apples for all the players the next time I GM something with Datch in it. Just to get them in the right mood.

Hmm

5/5 ⦵⦵⦵

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Hilary Moon Murphy wrote:

All this makes me realize that I totally need to bring apples for all the players the next time I GM something with Datch in it. Just to get them in the right mood.

Hmm

You may also want to bring a garbage can lid and test out the riot shield from com while you're at it...

Exo-Guardians 1/5

2 people marked this as a favorite.

"All this hate for red-eyed, white furred Ysoki gets me a bit... nervous. Heh."

4/5

Hilary Moon Murphy wrote:

All this makes me realize that I totally need to bring apples for all the players the next time I GM something with Datch in it. Just to get them in the right mood.

Hmm

I found some nice apple cinnamon cookies for that.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo) 5/5 ⦵⦵⦵

Doc Kemple wrote:
"All this hate for red-eyed, white furred Ysoki gets me a bit... nervous. Heh."

"Right, it's like they think we all look alike. "

Acquisitives 1/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Justin Norveg wrote:
Doc Kemple wrote:
"All this hate for red-eyed, white furred Ysoki gets me a bit... nervous. Heh."
"Right, it's like they think we all look alike. "

"Neither one of you two got nothing to worry about. Just you know. Don't sit on any ridgelines out in the open, eating apples... for your health and whatnot..."

Shadow Lodge 5/5 ⦵⦵ Venture-Lieutenant, California—San Francisco Bay Area North & East aka thistledown

Justin Norveg wrote:
Doc Kemple wrote:
"All this hate for red-eyed, white furred Ysoki gets me a bit... nervous. Heh."
"Right, it's like they think we all look alike. "

Hardly. Datch is distinctly weasel-like instead of rat.

Wayfinders

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
NightTrace wrote:
James Anderson wrote:

It's Sangoro's Lament that really did it for me. Though the stinger on Bluerise Breakout is another slap of the universe propping her up.

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

Sangoro:
The scenario calls out that she only had the info because we did and she's hacked our systems, not because she had it first or anything, so I'm fine with it. The Society presumably takes time to mobilize forces, gather its high-level agents, get approval, wash the ships etc, while she may be faster about getting on the road because her organization is faster/hungrier/less concerned with paperwork/has less Jinsul blood on the windshields.
Community / Forums / Organized Play / Starfinder Society / How do you like them apples? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Starfinder Society