Alchemical bombs for fighters


Advice


Say your buddy the alchemist gives you his bombs because his luck is being terrible and he feels you have a better chance to hit than him with his super awesome explosives would you be better off continuing to double shoot or would it be more effective to start throwing his grenades?


Uh that would depend on what you're shooting, and what level bombs and such.
If one used the bombs, I would use it for the first attack for the lowest penalty anyway since the debuffs hit only on the main target on hit.

Fighters are naturally far better at throwing bombs than alchemist though since bombs are martial weapon


siegfriedliner wrote:
Say your buddy the alchemist gives you his bombs because his luck is being terrible and he feels you have a better chance to hit than him with his super awesome explosives would you be better off continuing to double shoot or would it be more effective to start throwing his grenades?

If you grab a level of rogue... Quick draw and sneak attack you can actually start getting pretty insane with your friend bombs.


oholoko wrote:
siegfriedliner wrote:
Say your buddy the alchemist gives you his bombs because his luck is being terrible and he feels you have a better chance to hit than him with his super awesome explosives would you be better off continuing to double shoot or would it be more effective to start throwing his grenades?

If you grab a level of rogue... Quick draw and sneak attack you can actually start getting pretty insane with your friend bombs.

Sneak attack doesn't work with bombs. They are not finesse or agile. Nor simple for Ruffian. Rogues don't even get proficiency in martial thrown weapon.

I checked earlier.


Mellored wrote:
oholoko wrote:
siegfriedliner wrote:
Say your buddy the alchemist gives you his bombs because his luck is being terrible and he feels you have a better chance to hit than him with his super awesome explosives would you be better off continuing to double shoot or would it be more effective to start throwing his grenades?

If you grab a level of rogue... Quick draw and sneak attack you can actually start getting pretty insane with your friend bombs.

Sneak attack doesn't work with bombs. They are not finesse or agile. Nor simple for Ruffian. Rogues don't even get proficiency in martial thrown weapon.

I checked earlier.

Actually, Sneak Attack works with all ranged weapons. So bomb sneak attacks are totally a thing.


Ventnor wrote:
Mellored wrote:
oholoko wrote:
siegfriedliner wrote:
Say your buddy the alchemist gives you his bombs because his luck is being terrible and he feels you have a better chance to hit than him with his super awesome explosives would you be better off continuing to double shoot or would it be more effective to start throwing his grenades?

If you grab a level of rogue... Quick draw and sneak attack you can actually start getting pretty insane with your friend bombs.

Sneak attack doesn't work with bombs. They are not finesse or agile. Nor simple for Ruffian. Rogues don't even get proficiency in martial thrown weapon.

I checked earlier.

Actually, Sneak Attack works with all ranged weapons. So bomb sneak attacks are totally a thing.

"For a ranged attack with a thrown melee weapon, that weapon must also be agile or finesse."

Guess you are right. Miss read that as just "thrown weapon".

Still, they don't have martial weapon proficiency. So your going to need to get that somewhere.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The alchemist probably remains the best bomb thrower thanks to stuff like calculated splash despite lower accuracy. That being said, the Ranger would be the runner up, not the fighter or rogue. Unless the fighter gets his weapon mastery in bombs, he is no more accurate than the ranger. The rogue has to deal with not having native proficiency with bombs, so the only way to get it to expert is to multiclass fighter.

The ranger meanwhile gets Hunt Target for offsetting the poor range of bombs. All of the edges still work with bombs, which means he should straight up out damage the fighter using bombs. Gets quick draw to boot. Can take other feats to increase range. Can use them for snares. Can use hit and hide tactics to let persistent damage wittle away enemy health.

If you've got an alchemist, a ranger makes an amazing buddy.

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Second Edition / Advice / Alchemical bombs for fighters All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.